PDA

View Full Version : NS needs YOUR help!

Julie
22nd April 2008, 19:22
I was informed by NS' hosting company the other day that due to the fact that my website (NS) was so popular and having so much traffic, I either needed to take my business else where, or upgrade to another hosting plan with them, because they could no longer support the site on hosting plan I have now.

I then had two options (if I wanted to stay with them, which I do because I think their support is awesome, and being Internet-friends with the CEO and the guy next to him helps a lot ;))

Opt in for a dedicated server, which is not even remotely possible for me because of the price (175 USD per month = 2100 USD a year), or get a premium hosting server. Now, the last one I *can* do, but I need your help on it...

The hosting plan I've opted for will now cost me 20 USD a month, or 240 USD a year. In that plan I will get;

10GB storage space
90GB monthly transfer (traffic on sites are measured in the amount of data that is being transferred.)
20 add-on domains/unlimited parked

This should be enough for NS, at least for now. On this new server, things should also mean quicker response time, because I would only share the server with a maximum of 10 other customers, which means between 10 and 20 times the processor time available vs. their standard shared hosting (which NS is on now).

The 240$ a year is only for the hosting. There's also the domain fee, and the fee for vbulletin support (so I can keep upgrading it and get nifty addons).

The domain fee is 9$ a year, and the vbulletin fee is 40$ a year. Which sums the total cost of NS up to 289 USD a year.

Without any help from you guys, it's going to be hard for me to keep maintaining this site :(, as I am a full-time student with basically no income other than my student loan.

So, how can I help you ask?

The best way to help me out, would be to purchase a paid subscription.

As for the subscriptions, there are three choices available;

NS Gold Membership - Monthly Subscription: $5 USD a month (recurring)
NS Gold Membership - Yearly Subscription: $50 USD a year

NS Silver Membership - Monthly subscription: 3$ a/month (recurring)
NS Silver Membership - Yearly Subscription: $20 USD a year

NS Platinum Membership - Monthly subscription: 8$ a/month (recurring)
NS Platinum Membership - Yearly subscription: 70$ a/year

You can read more on what you get with each package in the Paid Subscriptions updates! New plan available! (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6173) thread. When we get moved to the new server, I'll keep a closer watch on the amount of traffic, as well as how much space we're actually using. If things are stable and OK, I might up the number of PMs you can store, giving premium users the ability to upload regular images to the server etc etc.

Any questions regarding the paid subscriptions can be directed at me :)

I appreciate you reading through this thread, and if you can, please consider helping NS out and keep this site alive for a while longer.

Thanks,
Julie.

superag
23rd April 2008, 00:23
Come on ladies and gentlemen! Ante up! Julie is super awesome and deserves for us to help. With the number of members on here, I think we can all dig for a couple bucks here or there or simply click those precious ads....

BTW, what color would I be if you had a platinum membership?

Julie
23rd April 2008, 00:26
BTW, what color would I be if you had a platinum membership?

Haha, I wouldn't know ;) Hehe. If there wasn't a white skin I could make it white ;) But there's the default vb skin, so... :)

Suggest a colour ;) Make a slightly darker white? Lightlight grey? Hm.

hfce
23rd April 2008, 00:39
Who knew that Chlex was still so popular. :lol: But I will see what I can dig out of my pocket and contribute. :D

Julie
23rd April 2008, 00:45
Who knew that Chlex was still so popular. :lol: But I will see what I can dig out of my pocket and contribute. :D

And we keep growing by the day :D Soon we can finalize our mission for world domination! :yeahbaby: Mwhahahaha! *cough* :rofl:

Anyyywayss :D Thanks :grin3: Appreciate it :blinkkiss

kimbo
23rd April 2008, 03:43
u got my support :) i can't live w/o my daily NS!

ChocolateChipCookie
14th July 2008, 00:19
The paid subscriptions link isn't working for me.

I'd like to see the details about them.

Also, is there a way to just give a one off donation? I might do that instead. :)

vardaquareien
14th July 2008, 04:05
Hi Brittany thanks for letting us know. We'll let Julie know about the link when she gets back from holiday.

In the meantime you can actually access the paid subscriptions through your user control panel.

Go to Control Panel (the link is at the top lefthand side of the site - User CP) then on the left hand side you'll see a whole lot of links. Under the Miscellaneous you'll see the link Paid Subscriptions click on this and you'll be able to choose and order your subscription.

Thanks for helping Jules out!

I've added an attachment with the details of each type of subscription below.

ChocolateChipCookie
14th July 2008, 21:13
Thanks! :)

Julie
15th July 2008, 10:50
The paid subscriptions link isn't working for me.

I'd like to see the details about them.

Also, is there a way to just give a one off donation? I might do that instead. :)

Hey, I'm currently in Thailand and have limited access and time to use the internet, but try what varda showed you above this post, and if it doesn't work for you, just PM me, and I will contact you when I get home :)

Thanks for wanting to help out ;)

lexluthorslady
11th September 2008, 04:20
I will see what I can do :)

ThraceC
13th September 2008, 22:09
I was informed by NS' hosting company the other day that due to the fact that my website (NS) was so popular and having so much traffic, I either needed to take my business else where, or upgrade to another hosting plan with them, because they could no longer support the site on hosting plan I have now.

I then had two options (if I wanted to stay with them, which I do because I think their support is awesome, and being Internet-friends with the CEO and the guy next to him helps a lot ;))
[...]
Julie,
Hey, I totally get it. I'm a full time student too (with 2 jobs). You've done an amazing job with this site and it's provided a much needed decompression for me. I'll buy a membership with my next paycheck. Thanks again for everything! Btw, what are you going to school for?

Julie
13th September 2008, 22:55
Julie,
Hey, I totally get it. I'm a full time student too (with 2 jobs). You've done an amazing job with this site and it's provided a much needed decompression for me. I'll buy a membership with my next paycheck. Thanks again for everything! Btw, what are you going to school for?

First of all, I just removed some of my text in the quote so it wouldn't be so long :)

Thank you for buying a subscription! I appreciate it, and it comes much in handy ;)

Thank you. I'm glad you like it and find it useful :D

I study IT with a concentration on interaction design :) I'm on my 3rd and last year on my bachelor's degree, and I can really tell by the workload that it's my last year :S Plenty of stuff to do! (And I'm not much of an eager student :P)

Ultra
24th October 2008, 18:40
I didn't think much about the subscriptions here, but when I realised I had been here almost a year now, and thought about all the enjoyment I've got out of N-S.net in that time, I decided it was time I stepped up and contributed - got me a silver subscription :)

You do such a fab job here, Julie. I hope you know how much you are appreciated :)

Julie
24th October 2008, 20:01
I didn't think much about the subscriptions here, but when I realised I had been here almost a year now, and thought about all the enjoyment I've got out of N-S.net in that time, I decided it was time I stepped up and contributed - got me a silver subscription :)

You do such a fab job here, Julie. I hope you know how much you are appreciated :)

Thank you! :) Appreciate the financial help! ;)

JosiCuervo
12th November 2008, 17:17
Jules, did you get what you need on this?

Julie
13th November 2008, 16:49
Jules, did you get what you need on this?

Hey you!

For time the time being, yup! :) But the fees are annually, so people's contribution here and there helps me out a lot! :)