PDA

View Full Version : I Hope You’re Feeling Happy Now (pg)

marrycherry
2nd August 2003, 19:52
Title: I hope you’re feeling happy now
author: marrycherry
email: just_a_fan2003@yahoo.com
rating: PG
Author notes: my second fic ever.. i hope you like it, it's angst again because i don't know why really but the fic just turn out that way i guess!! it's based in a song called Hedonism by Skunk Anansie (yeah that the kind of music i listen)
THANK YOU DEBBIE!!!! for being my beta and being so fast :biggrin: .
ok that all, see ya

July 2065

Lex was already in his jet to Metropolis after leaving his wife # 5, Melanie, in London, she didn’t want to stay there, though but after all this years she knew that at this time of the year he stop anything and go to Metropolis ..to her.

I hope you're feeling happy now
I see you feel no pain at all it seems
I wonder what you're doin' now
I wonder if you think of me at all
May 2008

He woke up for, what it feels like the millionth time tonight, the clock beside his bed had 3:50 am in big red numbers `She isn’t home yet’ he thought while doing a call but after 5 minutes of trying to locate her, he was furious.

“She promised me… she promised me she stopped doing this”

“SHIT” he screamed while throwing something at the wall.

“Luthor, stop being such a drama queen “ she said with a smirk on her face.

“Don’t give me that shit ok? not at 4 am”

“I told you I had work to do, I told you that I was going to be late but did you pay attention to me? Of course not, you were to busy with your business meetings.”

“It not that I didn’t hear you, it’s that I don’t believe you, where were you until this hour? Why you didn’t even call me?”

“I was busy ok? God!! What else do you want me to say I was with my friends, alright, you know what I’m going maybe I’ll come back when you stop being such a mother hen”

“Wait!!” he said and then he grabbed her by her arm.

Ouch!!! You are hurting me damnit!! Let me go!!

He pulled the arm of her sweater and saw it, the answer of all his questions, her attitude….. of everything.

Just because you feel good
Doesn't make you right
Just because you feel good
Still want you here tonight

August 2008

He tried everything from talking to her to threatening to leave, not that it worked, because:

1. She was too stubborn to actually hear anything he said.
2. She knows he loves her too much to really leave her.

He even tried to trick her into rehabilitation but she ended up screaming and fighting. When he got home that night, she was gone and the maid give a piece of paper with her handwriting:

Lex:
I know you are trying to help me, but right now I don’t want to be helped and I love you too much to keep doing this to you, putting all the burden of this on your shoulders.

You said once that my pain was your pain at the time I really thought that was clichéd but now I discovered that it was the truth and I don’t want to suffer, this is my pain and I have to fight my own battles and I knew I had to go but I couldn’t say it to your face and for that I’m sorry because I’m that much of a coward right now.

Just remember that I love you.

Does laughter still discover you
I see through all the smiles
That look so right
Do you still have the same friends now
To smoke away your problems and your life
Oh how do you remember
Me the one that made
You laugh until you cried
I hope you’re feeling happy now
June 2011

He didn’t know if there is a place on earth where he didn’t search for her, he call a lot of favours and even talk to an old farm boy turn superhero but meanwhile his life had to go on, he thought while finishing his 4th whiskey of the night.

Then he saw a stunning brunette with a supermodel look come to him with a man beside her “Lex, honey, I was showing Mr. Edwards the engagement ring you gave me” she told him in a sweet voice.

Congratulations Mr. Luthor, you found a wonderful woman to spend the rest of your life with.

Yeah, but I let her go . Thank you Mr. Edwards, then his phone rang, Excuse me, he said

Luthor.

I found her

Where?

We are now in Gotham General Hospital, hurry Lex she is in bad shape.

With that the call ended and the only thought he had in mind was I’ll see her again, she is finally back

“Lex?” A voice made him stop.

Melanie, I have some business that requires my immediate attention, I have to go now.

But Lex!! We still have to…

I don’t care Melanie, I’m going now I’ll call you tomorrow, and with that he went to the airport while making a call to his assistant “Prepare the jet I’m going to Gotham right now”
In Gotham..

Clark? Where is she? How is she?

“Lex, we found her in a shelter for the homeless, she is very weak but we have to wait for the doctor to know more.”

“Mr. Kent? You were the one who brought the young woman 2 hours ago aren’t you? Do you know if she has any relative that we can call?”

“She doesn’t have any relatives alive but we’re her friends, can you tell us of her condition?”

“Well she was very cold, her blood pressure was low and she is a little dehydrated and all this has made her condition worse, I really think we are beyond the point of chemotherapy in her case.”

Clark said: “What? Chemotherapy? What are you talking about?”

“Mr. Kent you friend has leukemia, she confirmed to me when she woke up, she told me her doctor discovered almost 3 years ago, she even began a treatment with pills but she dropped and now if you excuse me I’ll send a nurse for you in a couple of minutes.”

Lex didn’t say a word during the conversation, he was in too much total shock to even assimilate the doctors words .. leukemia …

“Mr. Kent you can see the patient now,” said the nurse.

“Would you mind if my friend goes in first I got a few calls to make.”

“It’s alright, come with me Mr…”

Lex just nodded and began walking.
She hadn’t see him in almost 3 years After you ran away , her conscience reminded her.

He was pale, looking tired but when he looked at her she saw into his deep blue eyes and wanted to get lost in them again, like old times when nothing in the world mattered but his love.

“Why?” He asked

“I didn’t want you close to me, I didn’t want you to see me dying.”

“And so you pushed me away, I’m so sorry all this time I thought you were…”

“An addict, well yeah I was.”

“How?”

“I was in this treatment for the pain, you know and I became dependent of the pills but after a couple of months they..”

“They didn’t stop the pain, right?”

“Yes, I began using other stuff and dropped the treatment because it wasn’t doing any good, after that my life was out of control, I was a junkie and I knew that you began to notice that’s why I decided to leave you.”

“You ran away”

“I’m sorry”

“I know”

And they stayed there in silence for a couple of minutes when she said in what she hoped sound like a light voice: “so Melanie Stevenson, huh? When is the big day, anyway?”

“There is no wedding anymore,” Lex replied dryly.

“Lex, please don’t do this just because…”

“Because what?” He said in a hard voice, “because I finally found you, let me tell you this since the day you‘ve been gone I’ve been searching for you, I even had to call Clark even if we hadn’t spoken to each other for years and now you tell me that I have to continue with this charade of an engagement with a woman I don’t love why? Because you don’t want me back, well Sullivan I’m sorry because I’m not going anywhere, you are stuck with me now and this time you are not going to run away.”

“You are right Lex I can’t run, not from you or anybody else, because you know what I’M DYING ok? And in a couple of weeks I’m not going to have the strength to walk or eat by myself or even breath dammit!!! And I don’t want you to see me die I don’t want your life on stand by like my father’s when mom was sick.”

“I understand you but that’s not your decision, it’s mine.”

Silence again…

“I never forget you, you know?” She said in a small voice without looking directly at him.

When he looked at her, he saw her so fragile and small instead of her usually strong self then he knew that he would never let her go again and said: “Neither did I, I’ll be back tomorrow” and with that he turned around and left the room.
It’s been almost 2 weeks since she was found and returned home from the hospital and now they were in the Luthor mansion in Smallville enjoying the fresh air of an autumn morning.

“Lex?”

“Do you need anything?”

“A promise.”

“What kind of promise, he asked carefully.”

“The kind that you keep no matter how hard”

“First tell me what is this promise about.”

“No, first promise me,” she said looking at him through her beautiful hazel eyes even if she was a lot thinner and paler than ever before.

“I promise,” he finally agreed.

“I want that after I die, you won’t mourn for me.”

“Chloe, why..”

“Let me finish” -she said – “I want you to live, Lex to move on even if it’s without me, this is really important to me.”

“Do you even know what you are asking me to do? You could asked for anything but this…”

“Yeah, I could have asked you to give your life for me but that would be to easy for you but that’s why I’m asking you this, I don’t want you to used me as an excuse to became what you fear the most.” She ended softly.

“My father?”

She just nodded with her head

“I promise”

“Thank you” she said with a small smile, “I wanna go lay down would you help me?”

“Always” he said and then he pick her up from the couch where she was and put her into her bed.

“Goodnight Chlo, I love you.”

“I love you too, Lex…remember your promise…” and with that she closed her eyes.
I wonder what you are doin’ now

Back to the present….

“Mr. Luthor, we are here sir.”

“Thanks,” he walk walked out of the car to his destination ´every year I walk slower, damm’ he thought and then he stopped before a gravestone and said:

“Hello Chlo, I brought you your favourite flowers. I just wish I could visit you more but you know how doctors are ‘you are too old, you had to take care of your blood pressure, bah’

“They’re a pain in the ass and they even charge you for that.... Oh my love, forgive me, it’s just old man ramblings but I promise to change the subject.. did I already tell you that my granddaughter is getting married this year, she is so smart you would like her and her boyfriend is…..”

The end

lunaluthor
2nd August 2003, 21:01
wow excellent story but I was a little confused with Melanie wife number 5 was she the same as the fiancee you mentioned??

so I hope I will read more from you in the near future

:yay: :yay: :yay:

hfce
2nd August 2003, 21:28
That was so sad :crygreen:

Hope

bluemoongirl23
3rd August 2003, 19:07
I love the idea of an old Lex continuing to visit her and tell her what is going on in his life. Keeping her up to date because she'd want to know everything that he got out of his promise to her.

Blue

kidkarmina
5th August 2003, 01:48
This is really good. I like the ending too :blinkkiss: because it showed that he never forgot her. And that he kept his promise to her; he continued to live (the way Chloe wanted him to be - happy).

drina
5th August 2003, 08:00
Sad story...was a bit confused at times in your story coz you seems to employ the stream of consciousness writing style. but in the end, it became clearer.

marrycherry
5th August 2003, 22:00
Originally posted by drina@Aug 5 2003, 08:00 AM
....coz you seems to employ the stream of consciousness writing style....
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR OPINIONS :yay:

but i had a tiny question because i didn't understand drina (sorry but my english it isn't that good yet)...anyway thank you
see ya.... :chlexsign4: