PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning And The End (completed) PG-R

TheConfusingWorldOfJustin
2nd August 2003, 06:24
Rating: PG

Author's Note: Smallville and its characters are not mine. They are owned by The WB and Alfred Gough/Miles Millar.

Spoilers: Tempest/Vortex, Heat.

This is my first Chlex Fic, let alone my first Fan Fic. I'd like your honesty about the story, but please be kind :) , thanks.

Chapter I : The Investor Party

“Clark,” Lex drops some folders on the floor. “Hi, sorry I forgot to call. I don’t have time for a game of pool.” Clark picks up the folders Lex dropped. “That’s ok, what’s all this?” Clark points to all the folders Lex was holding. “Just some profiles,” Lex placed the folders on his desk. “I’m trying to find some more LexCorp Investors.” Lex jesters Clark to sit, and then sits behind his desk. “I thought I’d get some background info on the people that are interested.” “Why don’t you ask your father,” Clark sits down with a grin. “Funny, I’m having a party tomorrow. I thought I’d meet them all at once. Care to come? A few are bringing their lovely daughters along. What am I saying; your eye is only for Lana.” “Well, I guess I could come. You could use a friend among those wolves. I’d better get going; you have work to do.” Clark gets up, and heads for the door. “Clark, why don’t you invite Chloe Sullivan? I could use some print on this. Let people know I’m trying my best to keep the plant open.” “Why Chloe? Why not get someone from the Ledger,” Clark turned around. “Because, in my opinion, she’s better than any of those reporters at the Ledger.” “Ok, I’ll ask her. See you later,” Clark leaves the library. “Bye,” Lex starts going through the folders.

Clark gets into the family pick-up, and goes to the high school. Clark finds Chloe were she usually was, in front of her computer. “Clark, not that I don’t mind, but what are you doing here? You already turned in your story, ‘The Men’s Bathroom, An Insider Scoop By Clark Kent’,” Chloe lets out a smile. “I can’t believe you had me write that Chloe. I think that’s the worst story I’ve done so far.” Clark sits down next to her. “Well Clark, it’s called filler. It’s what you do when there’s nothing interesting going on.” Chloe goes back editing the front page of the Torch. “What do you think, which should be on the cover, your story or Pete’s story?” “Pete’s, anyways, I came here to ask you something.” Chloe turned her head to look at him. “What?” Chloe was all ears. “Lex was wondering if you’d do a story about his party tomorrow. He’s trying to get more LexCorp Investors.” “Why me? Why not get someone from the Ledger?” Chloe gave Clark a puzzled look. “I asked the same question. He feels you’re a better reporter.” Chloe’s look got a little happier. “What about you?” “What,” now Clark was the puzzled one. “Do you think I’m a better reporter?” Chloe’s eyes were pinned on Clarks. Clark thought, then answered, “Yes, yes of course.” Chloe turned back to the computer. She looked a little mad and sad, at the same time. “You can tell Lex yes. Now if you don’t mind, I need to get back to work.” Clark took that as, ‘I’m mad, LEAVE’, so Clark said bye and went home.

When he arrived, Martha and Jonathan were gone. They left a note saying they went out for dinner. Martha left a Meat Loaf for him, in the oven. Clark never cared when his parents did this. They’re always stressed with the farm, so it was good for them to have a time out together. After dinner, Clark called Lex to tell him Chloe would come. Lex said the party was at Eight. He’d have to let Chloe know tomorrow. It was better if he didn’t today. Clark finished the day with some TV. He was still up when Martha and Jonathan came home, it was after Midnight. Martha told Clark to go to bed. Clark rarely argued with his mother, so he said goodnight, and went upstairs to his room. ‘I hope I don’t wake-up hovering again’, Clark thought.

Clark decided to go to the party with Chloe. He met her at the school. She was in a lovely, blue evening gown. “Chloe, you look great.” Clark was in his church suit. By looking at him, you could tell he was from the country. “You look as lovely as you did at the Formal.” ‘Why did I say that’, Clark thought. He didn’t want to open an old wound. “Thank you Clark and you look…” “Like a farm boy.” Clark finished her sentence. They both smiled. “Well,” Chloe picked up here purse. It had here digital camera, tape recorder, and notepad in it. “we should probably get a move on.” They exited the Torch Office, and headed for Chloe’s Bug. They both figured it would fit more in, then the Kent Pick-Up.

When they arrived at the mansion, there was a row of limos ahead of them. “Either the plant needs more money then we think, or Lex isn’t taking any chances,” Chloe nearly bumped the limo in front of them. “That was close.” When they got to the gate, a security guard approached their car. “I’m sorry, you can’t come in.” Chloe and Clark gave him a puzzled look. “I think there’s a mistake, Lex invited us. Ask him yourself, he’ll tell you. We’re Chloe Sullivan and Clark Kent.” “Wait here,” the guard approached an intercom. When he returned, he said he was sorry, and he let Chloe and Clark through.

When they got inside the mansion, Chloe and Clark searched for Lex. Men in nice suits, and women in beautiful dresses, were everywhere. To their surprise, they were offered some champagne. They had an urge to take a glass, but they declined the offer. Ten minutes later, they found Lex in the mansion’s luxurious ballroom. He was talking with a baldish man by the bar. When he walked away from the bar, Chloe and Clark approached him. “Clark, Miss Sullivan, glad you guys made it. It may not look it, but this is a tough room. I haven’t made any progress yet.” “So, who are all these people anyways,” Chloe asked. “Well, some are reps from my Father’s competitors, and others are heads of small corporations, like LexCorp. So Miss Sullivan, I’d assume you’d like a one on one interview with me.” “Yes, after the party, so I can get your opinion of the whole night.” “Well, if you’d excuse me, I have more sucking up to do,” Lex let out a smile. “Help yourself to the food. There’s punch to drink, or the bar has other non-alcoholic beverages as well.” Lex begins roaming through the guests. “Chloe, want some punch?” “Sure.” Clark goes over to the punch bowel; meanwhile, Chloe took some photos of the guests.

Two hours into the party, Clark was getting bored. Chloe was roaming around, getting a few quotes from the future investors, and Clark was just sitting at the bar, eating some of the expensive finger foods. Clark made himself try some caviar, and it didn’t agree with his taste buds one bit. Seeing Clark’s grotesque look, Lex approached him. “What’s wrong,” Lex sat down next to him. Clark drank some punch, “Caviar. What’s so enjoyable about it?” “I don’t know, it just is,” Lex laughed. “So, have you danced yet with Chloe, or with anyone for that matter?” “No,” Clark got up to get some more punch. “I don’t want to embarrass myself by asking someone to dance.” Lex followed him to the punch bowel. “So, what about Chloe? You’ve danced with her before.” Clark grabbed the punch ladle, and poured punch into his cup. “I don’t want to bring up what happened at the Formal. I already did at the Torch, and I don’t want to do it again.” Clark and Lex went back over to the bar. “Ok, that’s fine. Do you mind if I?” “Um, no, why would I?” “Ok, well I’ll come back afterwards, maybe,” a smile erupted on his face. “If you want, you can go play pool,” Lex offered Clark a key. “I didn’t want anyone nosing around in there.” Clark took the key, “Ok.” Clark put his plate and cup on the dirty dishes table. “Thanks.” “Ya, no problem.” Lex started to look for Chloe, and Clark headed for the library.

Clark squeezed through the guests and waiters. When he got into the library, Clark locked it behind him. The pool balls were ready for him, like they always were. When Clark broke, he used more strength then normal. He always wanted to look like an average person, especially in front of Lex. Jonathan always wanted him to be careful around people, particularly someone like a Luthor. Because of what Lionel Luthor had done to Smallville, Jonathan was always skeptic about Lex and his father.

“Miss Sullivan,” Lex found Chloe in one of the ballroom corners. “Would you care to dance?” “Um, sure.” They started to dance to something played by a small orchestra that Lex got for the party, which wasn’t cheap. “Lex, you know you can call me Chloe. You don’t have to be formal.” “You mean like you used to be,” Lex gave Chloe a twirl. Chloe’s million dollar smile slowly appeared across her face. “How’s the Torch coming along,” Lex’s eyes were glued to Chloe’s. He never realized how beautiful she was before that night. “A bit boring actually. There isn’t anything interesting going on, like there has been in the past.” They stopped dancing and sat down. “Well, you have this to write about, but I guess this is pretty boring as well huh?” Chloe pulled a mint from her purse. “Want one?” “No thanks,” Lex watched Chloe unwrap the mint, and put it in her mouth. He just couldn’t stop looking at her. “To answer your question, somewhat, but at least I’m getting out of the office or home.” Chloe put the mint wrapper in her purse. Lex smiled at her remark. “So, do you have any plans this Saturday?” “Um no,” Chloe’s puzzled look flashed over her face once again. “why?” “Well I’m going rock climbing, and I was just wondering if you’d care to join me?” Chloe was about to say yes, when Lex included, “I was going to invite Clark as well.” “Well I’d love to, but I’m not much of a woodland person.” Lex felt she was lying. “I don’t believe you. Is it because of Clark?” “No, why would you say that? He’s my friend. It’s just, like I said; I’m not much of an outdoor person.” Lex ended the accusation.

When the party ended, Chloe and Lex went to the library, to do the interview. Clark stopped playing pool, and unlocked to door for them. “Clark,” Chloe sat down in front of Lex’s desk. “How long have you been in here?” “I don’t know, maybe two hours.” “Didn’t it get boring playing pool by your self in here, for two hours?” Lex sat at his desk. “That’s nothing, once he did it for four hours.” “Why,” Chloe got out her tape recorder and camera. “He was waiting for me, and I got stuck in a LexCorp Board Meeting. So, how should we start?” “Just tell me your expectations for the party, and tell me the result. Everything else I can do with the guest quotes and my experience, and Clark, can you take Lex’s picture at his desk?” Clark grabbed the camera from Chloe. “Sure,” Clark stood back a little. Lex faced himself to Clark, in an unrelaxed posture. After Clark took the photo, Chloe turned on the tape recorder, and Lex began answering her question. “Well, I had hoped to get more LexCorp Investors, to help expand the corporation, but after tonight, we’re back were we started. Except for one thing, with less money then when I started looking,” Lex laughed. Chloe laughed too, but Clark just gave a little smirk. “Why didn’t any of them want to invest in LexCorp?” “Well, the smaller corporations didn’t want to threaten my father, and the larger ones didn’t think it would have been worth wild to invest in us.” Chloe stopped the recorder. “Well Lex, I’ll try to get a start on this tonight, but I might not until tomorrow.” “That’s fine,” Lex moved his attention to Clark. “Clark, I’m going rock climbing this Saturday, and I was wondering if you’d like to join me?” “I wish I could, but my dad and I are going to spend some time together.” “O’Well, maybe next time.” Lex followed Chloe and Clark out to the car. “Thank you guys for coming,” Lex opened the door for Chloe. “No problem,” Chloe got in. “What are friends for,” Clark said, before he got in the car himself. “Bye,” Lex got back from the car. “Bye,” Chloe gave Lex a smile, and headed back to the high school. Lex watched the Bug disappear in the distance. He headed back inside the mansion.

After dropping off Clark at the school, Chloe headed for home. Gabe was waiting up for her. “You didn’t have to wait up for me.” Chloe walked over, and stood next to Gabe. “To be honest, I wanted to know how the party went.” “It wasn’t a success sadly. Why weren’t you or the other board members there?” “Well Lex felt it would have been better if it was just him, since we’re sorta new to this game.” “Well,” Chloe gave Gabe a kiss on the cheek. “Goodnight dad,” Chloe headed for her room. “Goodnight.” When she entered her somewhat clean room, Chloe started the beginning to the party article. While Chloe typed, she thought about Lex. ‘Well, maybe I could go now,’ Chloe thought. ‘Since Clark isn’t going.’ She stopped typing, and took her cell out her purse. Lex had given her his number at the party, incase she changed her mind. “Hello,” Lex was at his desk. “Lex, this is Chloe.” “Chloe, hi,” Lex sat up in his chair. “About that rock climbing.” “What about it?” ‘Yes, she’s going to say she’ll come,’ Lex thought to himself. “I’ve changed my mind, I’ll come with you.” “Great, I’ll pick you up at 7:00 am, unless that’s a little early. ‘YES THAT’S EARLY,’ Chloe thought. “That’s fine, 7:00 am, see you then.” “Ya see ya, bye.” “Bye,” Chloe turned her cell off. Chloe continued to type the article. ‘Why did I do that,’ she thought. She didn’t know, but she couldn’t what till Saturday.

Tandy
2nd August 2003, 09:06
:blinkkiss: Great job! I can't wait for when they go rock climbing! I love the story, although i think it'll be easier to read if you skipped lines everytime someone speaks. Overall it's a great begining! :biggrin:

Tandy

Blaire023
2nd August 2003, 09:07
I really like where this is going. Now I wonder who will be staring at who's butt while they're climbing. I have an idea of whose butt my eyes would be following. ;)

~B

kidkarmina
2nd August 2003, 09:41
It's a great start. I would like to know what's gonna happen next. I do agree with Tandy, though. I think it would definitely help if you skip a lline when someone speaks. Just a thought :blinkkiss: !

2nd August 2003, 09:54
Ok I will. Thanks for your thoughts. :biggrin: I'm still working on chapter two. :chlexsign1:

scifichick774
2nd August 2003, 16:56
Really interesting beginning. Looking forward to chapter 2. :)

lunaluthor
2nd August 2003, 20:07
fine start can't wait to read about Chloe and a hard rock ;)

3rd August 2003, 06:53
It shouldn't be long until I post Chapter 2.

asharnanae
3rd August 2003, 19:23
:blinkkiss: cool start, wheres this new chappy then?? Please!!!!!!!

bluemoongirl23
3rd August 2003, 21:29
Promising start. Especially with all the touching that will have to occur for Chloe to get her rock climbing gear on properly in the next chapter. More soon

Blue

3rd August 2003, 22:17
Here it is.

Chapter II : The Unexpected

Chloe woke at 5:00 am on Saturday. She wanted to make sure she had enough time before Lex arrived. She had told Gabe about the outing on Friday. He was a little nervous about his little girl being with Lex alone, but he trusted her with all his heart. Of course that didn’t mean he trusted Lex fully. After taking her morning shower, Chloe got dressed in some warm clothing. She didn’t know how cold it would get, while she climbed. When Lex arrived at exactly 7:00, Chloe was all set. Instead of honking, Lex came to the door and knocked.

“Good morning,”

Lex said when Chloe opened the door. He was holding a cup of coffee for her.

“I believe it’s the way you like,”

Lex handed it over to her. Chloe smiled and took a sip.

“Yes it is, how did you know?”

“I asked Lana,” Lex laughed.

“So, are you ready?”

“Yes,”

Chloe stepped out of the doorway, and closed the door behind her. Lex was driving one of his Ferraris; Chloe wasn’t fond of them much. Lex opened the passenger door for her. He closed it once she got in. When they were both set, Lex took off for the Metropolis National Airport.

“How many cars do you have?”

“Well,” Lex began to think.

“twenty, maybe more,”

Lex laughed. Chloe drank some more of her coffee. The rest of the drive was surprisingly quiet, and Chloe was also surprisingly nervous. It was as if she was on a first date or something.

‘But I’m not on a date. It’s just a friendly mountain climb,’ Chloe thought.

“So were you born in Kansas?” Lex got her out of the thought.

“Ya, Metropolis.”

“I knew you moved to Smallville from Metropolis, but I didn’t know you were born there.” Lex kept his eyes on the road while he spoke.

“Were you born there as well?” ‘He asked, so why not she’, Chloe was staring at Lex.

“Yep, I’m a born and bred city slicker too,” they both laughed.

Lex pulled into the airport parking garage. He and his father had a personal area in it to park. LuthorCorp is the silent owner of the garage, so Lionel can have a secured area of it. Of course when LexCorp was formed, Lex had to purchase his parking spot from him. Lex opened the door again for Chloe, and retrieved his stuff from the car. They then headed for Lex’s personal jet.

Sometime after the jet took off, it arrived at its destination. When the plane’s hatch was opened, Lex and Chloe exited it.

“Welcome to Los Angeles,” Lex said.

“Los Angeles?” Chloe began stripping her sweaters and coat off.

“What do you mean Los Angeles,” Chloe was getting a little angry.

“Well after hearing you say you’re not much of an outdoor girl, I figured I bring you here. There’s a great indoor mountain climbing facility here in LA.”

Chloe started to calm down. “Oh, well you could have told me back at my house,” she threw her clothes at Lex.

He caught them and said, “Well I didn’t want it to maybe discourage you.”

Lex and Chloe headed for a waiting Limo.

“Actually the real mountain climbing was more discouraging than this.”

They both smiled, and entered the limo. It only took 15 minutes to get to the facility. Two assistants at the facility helped them strap up in the climbing gear.

“Lex, have you done this much?” Chloe was a little uncomfortable being touched by the assistant.

“A few times on a real mountain, and a bunch on this beauty,” Lex pointed to the make shift mountain in front of them.

“Has there ever been an accident?” Chloe was a little nervous about the climb.

“As long as I’ve worked here, none,” the assistant working with her said.

“How long is that?”

“This Monday, two weeks.” That wasn’t much comfort.

“Chloe don’t worry, nothing will happen.”

When they were set, Lex and Chloe approached the *Mountain*. Lex went first; he climbed up a ways, and then stopped to wait for Chloe. She went at it slow, the assistants kept her steady. It wasn’t long until she was able to keep up with Lex. They climbed for hours, up and down. Chloe was enjoying herself, and Lex was also enjoying it, all though the enjoyment was being with her. To be honest, he didn’t even plan on this trip. He just wanted to get to know her better. When Chloe was tired out, they left the facility.

Lex had the limo driver stop at a, to Chloe’s surprise, romantic restaurant, on the way back to the jet. They sat in a secluded area of the restaurant.

“Is this ok,” Lex pulled the chair out for Chloe.

“Um ya, I guess it’s ok,” Chloe sat down.

“Something to drink,” the waiter waited for an answer.

“Water,” Chloe placed her fabric napkin on her lap.

“And you sir?”

“Make it two,” Lex did the same with his napkin.

“Very well, two waters.”

The waiter looked as if he was thinking, ‘Cheap Skates’. He gave them a couple menus, and went to get their waters.

“Have you been here before,” Chloe began looking through the menu.

“No. When I’ve come to LA in the past, I was always alone. So I just ate were a bachelor would eat.”

Lex glanced at his menu, and then put it down.

“And were would that be?”

“McDonalds,” Chloe laughed.

“I’m serious.”

Chloe couldn’t stop laughing behind her menu. Lex kept a straight face the whole time, but was laughing on the inside. Chloe put down the menu, while holding the spot she was at.

“Ok, what did you normally eat?”

“What do you think, Chicken McNuggets,” Lex couldn’t hold it in much longer.

“Really?”

“Yes,” he burst laughing, “really.”

The waiter came back with their water. He found them both laughing.

“Here are your waters,” he took out his order notebook. “Are you ready to order?”

Lex and Chloe calmed down.

After their meal, they headed back for the jet. They couldn’t stop talking to one another on the trip back to Kansas. When they arrived, Lex took Chloe back home. When Lex pulled up, he walked her up to the door.

“I had a great time today Lex,” Chloe was holding her clothes from earlier.

“As did I.”

Chloe opened the door.

“Maybe we could get together again sometime,” Lex was a little nervous when asked the question.

“Ya maybe we could,” without thinking, Chloe kissed Lex.

She quickly said bye, and shut the door behind her. Lex just stood their,

‘Did she do what I think she just did?’

With a smile, Lex went back to his Ferraris, and headed for the mansion. What he had hoped that morning was starting to happen, an attraction between them.

‘I just hope it won’t bother Clark, or Gabe for that matter.’

asharnanae
3rd August 2003, 22:25
:biggrin: Yay yay yay!!! I live for the updates!!! loved the LA surprize! and the cheep skate remark!! more soon! :chlexsign1:

hfce
4th August 2003, 01:36
That was really good. More please :clap:

Hope

Brittany
4th August 2003, 05:33
:biggrin: Yay! I expect more Chlex kisses in the next chapter, please! Can't wait for more! :chlexsign2:

kmdaugherty2821
4th August 2003, 06:03
:yay: Nice story! Can't wait to see what will happen next. Please update soon! =) :yay:

sabby
4th August 2003, 12:33
Oh me likey, the rock climbing was a nice touch, and it provoked a rather interesting visual in my head. Anyway can't wait to see where you take this, so please update ASAP

hugs,
Sabby

lunaluthor
4th August 2003, 20:53
what a nice sweet update :wub: and I love the insecure Lex a lot gon on you are a great writer :yay: :yay: :yay:

5th August 2003, 05:55
Thanks :biggrin: , I've always been unsure about my writing :huh: . I'll try to get Ch 3 finished as soon as possible.

Tandy
5th August 2003, 07:21
That was very sweet! I like the ending when Lex kissed Lex! :wub: Very well done! It's good so don't be insecure!

Tandy :wub:

vardaquareien
5th August 2003, 12:16
This is great so far! :pclol: @ Lex ordering chicken mcnuggets at Macca's!!! That is a classic picture! I now have visions of him ordering McHappy Meals and playing with the toys that come with them! :hehe:

This fic brought back memories of me going indoor rock climbing about 8 yrs ago...ugh!!! I've been twice and hated every minute of it - it's hell on your arms!!!

Can't wait for more! :yay3:

7th August 2003, 02:48
Chapter III : The Decision

Chloe thought about her and Lex all Sunday morning. She had liked the time they’ve spend together, but wasn’t sure if she should continue. Chloe liked Lex, but she still did have feelings for Clark. She wasn’t certain if she wanted to give them up yet.

‘At least it seems Lex wants to be with me,’ Chloe thought on her way to the Ledger.

‘but does he want an actual relationship. People like Lex don’t want commitments like that. They want to be able to roam the prairie for another mare, if they want to.’

By the time Chloe reached the Ledger, and dropped off the article on Lex’s party, she still wasn’t sure about her and Lex.

After she left the Ledger, Chloe headed for The Torch. Unknown to her, a reporter from The Inquisitor was following her. He also followed her and Lex to LA. His name was Robert Kyle, and he was trying to do a good story on Lex. Since he saw him with Chloe, Robert thought it might work for a story. Robert had been following Chloe since she left her home. He’d hoped she and Lex might get together again. To his dismay, Chloe didn’t. Although the next day, Chloe and Lex did meet. They talked at The Talon.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” Lex just stared into Chloe’s beautiful eyes.

“Us,” Chloe drank some of her coffee Lex bought her.

“What exactly about us?”

“Well, what exactly are you wanting from are relationship? Friendship, or do you want more,” Chloe thought about her response to either one.

Lex answered truthfully, “More.”

‘At least I know now,’ Chloe thought. “So do I, but I’m still trying to process my feelings.”

‘Clark,’ Lex understood what she was saying.

“Ok, let’s just take it slow, until you say other wise, ok?”

“I’m ok with that. So with that in mind, how will we continue,” Chloe was glad Lex understood. She still didn’t truthfully know Lex’s plans for this relationship, but Chloe wanted to see it, not hear it from him.

“Well is dinner alright?”
“Yes,” she hoped it was going to be enjoyable, like last time.

“Great, how about going to Marzello’s, in Metropolis?”

While Lex and Chloe spoke, Robert was out in his car, taking pictures. He had done a little checking about Chloe. Finding out she was a high school student was very helpful to his story. Lex dating a minor would make an awesome story for his career. Being a reporter for a rag like The Inquisitor, it wouldn’t help much. When Lex and Chloe left The Talon, Robert followed Lex.

After getting photos of Lex and Chloe on their second date, Robert wrote up his story. The headline was; Playboy Lex Luthor dates Smallville Hottie. It wasn’t a big success as he’d hoped, but it was still a good story.

Lex wasn’t surprised when he read the article. It wasn’t the first time reading about his love life in The Inquisitor. What Chloe would think, was all he was worried about. Lex waited until school was out, before he spoke to Chloe. When it was, Lex met her outside.

“Lex,” Clark came up to Lex after he exited the school.

“Clark, I can’t talk now,” Lex walked passed Clark. He caught Chloe before she got into her car.

“Chloe,” She turned around.

“Lex,” Chloe hugged him. She would have kissed him, but that would have been a little awkward, being at school and all. Now that she thought about it, so was the hug.

“What are you doing here?”

‘Either she hasn’t read it yet, or she doesn’t care,’ Lex thought.

“Can we talk?”

“I still have some last minute touches on The Torch to do,” Chloe took her laptop out of her Bug.

“How about after I finish, we can talk at the mansion?”

Without caring, Lex kissed Chloe. “Ok, see you at the mansion.”

“Bye,” Chloe looked around the school grounds. Only Clark had seen the kiss. Chloe quickly, but calmly, went back inside the school.

When Lex headed back to his Porsche, Clark came up to him again.

“What was that?”

Lex opened his door, “What was what? The kiss?”

“Yes the kiss.”

Lex sensed a little anger in Clark. “Chloe hasn’t told you?”

‘Of course she hasn’t,’ Lex decided.

“We’re dating. Do you have a problem with that?”

“Well she is younger than you.”

‘I think Clark still has feelings for Chloe as well.’

“So, just because she is, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t date.” Lex got into his Porsche, and started it up.

“I just don’t want you to hurt her.”

“I’d never hurt Chloe. I need to get going, bye Clark.” Lex closed his door and took off.

‘That wasn’t very convincing,’ Clark thought.

Clark thought about talking to Chloe, but decided not to interfere anymore, in her life. Clark then sped off, literally, home.

Once Chloe had finished with the Torch Layout, she packed up her things, and went out to her Bug. As she told Lex, she drove off to the mansion. She wondered, all the way there, what Lex wanted to talk about. When she arrived at the mansion, Chloe found Lex in his library.

“Chloe hi.” Lex got out from behind his desk, and gave her a long, sensual kiss. After the kiss, they both sat down.

“So, what did you want to talk about?”

‘I hope he does that when I leave too,’ Chloe thought.

“This,” Lex gave his copy of The Inquisitor.

“Ya, I already saw it.” Chloe gave the paper back.

“You don’t care?”

“No, why would I? I already knew this might happen, before we got together.”

‘Thank god,’ Lex thought.

“It has in the past, so I was a little worried.”

“Don’t, this is just a diminutive pinch in are relationship,” Chloe got out of her chair.

“I’d love to stay longer, but my dad and I have plans tonight. We’re going to have dinner together, and watch some movies.”

Lex gets up, and walks Chloe out to her car.

“Gabe’s lucky to have you as a daughter,” Lex gave Chloe another long, sensual kiss.

“And I’m lucky to have him as a father and you as my boy toy.”

Both Lex and Chloe laughed. When Chloe left, Lex watched her Bug disappear in the distance.

‘I just love doing that.’

Tandy
7th August 2003, 03:43
I'm glad Chloe didn't make a big deal about the paper! Boy toy...*yum*

Tandy :wub:

hfce
7th August 2003, 06:03
That was so cute. :wub:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Brittany
7th August 2003, 06:34
:biggrin: Very cute, loved the jealous Clark! Update soon.

bluemoongirl23
7th August 2003, 15:34
My mind is folding in on itself as I imagine Lex in his suit ordering McNuggets. Or, better yet, at the drive through window. I also hope Clark and Gabe don't mind, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

Blue

sabby
7th August 2003, 16:54
Awww that was was sooo cute. *shakes head* When have I turned into one of those girls? anyway, great chappy and I can't wait to read the next one, to see where this is going *g*

hugs,
Sabby

bluemoongirl23
8th August 2003, 04:36
Ok, so Chloe's cool with the story. Let's see what Clark and Gabe think about it, shall we?

Blue

9th August 2003, 02:54
There will be more Clark in chapter IV, but I'm not sure about Gabe.

lunaluthor
9th August 2003, 21:15
nice chapter love the understanding Chloe :yay: :yay: :yay:

lunaluthor
9th August 2003, 21:15
nice chapter love the understanding Chloe :yay: :yay: :yay:

11th August 2003, 08:31
Picturing part of this chapter was enjoyable :chlexsign2: . More worried/jealous Clark :devil: .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*

Chapter IV : Shadow

Clark couldn’t stop thinking about Lex and Chloe, because he couldn’t believe they were dating. He even spoke about it with Jonathan and Martha. Jonathan was a little worried about it, but both he and Martha told Clark to stop worrying. He wanted to, but just couldn’t. Clark didn’t want Lex to break Chloe’s heart, but strangely, he also felt a little jealous. He had his chance, but he instead decided to keep trying for Lana’s heart.

When Clark entered The Talon, he saw Chloe and Lex together at a table. Instead of approaching them, he sat down at the counter. Lana was working as usual.

“Hi Clark,” Lana brought him his usual.

“I haven’t seen you much lately.”

“I’ve been busy,” Clark took a drink of his coffee.

“Have you heard about Lex and Chloe?”

“Ya,” Clark gave them a glance.

He wasn’t the only one. There were a few other people glancing at the couple. Both Lex and Chloe were just ignoring them, while holding hands. They finished the show, by giving each other a long kiss, and taking off in Lex’s Porsche

“Well, everyone should know now,” Lana wiped the counter.

Clark took few more drinks of his coffee, and said bye to Lana. He wanted to do something to get his mind off his love bird friends.

After leaving The Talon, Lex took Chloe to a remote spot by a lake. Before he met Chloe at The Talon, he had set up a romantic picnic for them. Lex had Chloe keep her eyes shut until they arrived.

“Oh Lex,” Chloe just stood by the car in aw.

“No one’s ever done this before,” Chloe gave Lex a kiss.

“Is that good or bad?”

Chloe punched Lex in the arm, he laughed. They sat down on a lovely blanket, covered in food. There was wine, noodle and potato salad, roast beef and turkey sandwiches, nacho cheese and barbeque chips, and strawberries with whip cream.

“I wanted to make sure we had enough food.”

“I can see that,” Chloe poured them both some wine.

“Have you been here before,” Lex grabbed one of the glasses from Chloe.

“Ya to swim, you?”

“No,” Lex took a sip of the wine.

Chloe grabbed half of a roast beef sandwich, and took a bite.

“Want one?”

Lex took a bite of Chloe’s, “No.”

After a bit, Chloe began to feed Lex some of the strawberries dipped in the whip cream. As with the Inquisitor Reporter, they didn’t know they were being watched.

When no one was watching, Clark had sped off from The Talon after Lex’s Porsche. He just couldn’t keep himself from looking at and thinking about Lex and Chloe. Clark stayed behind a tree, until they left. After Lex and Chloe were gone, Clark made himself go home.

On the way back to The Talon, Chloe asked Lex a question.

“Have you ever been to a karaoke bar?”

‘What,’ Lex wondered what brought this up.

“No, why?”

“I thought maybe we could go to one. I’ve always wanted to, unless you feel uncomfortable going?”

“No, and if you want to do that, then we will,” Lex gave Chloe a quick kiss.

The next day, Clark was hiding outside Chloe’s house. As he had hoped, Lex pulled in front, and picked up Chloe. When they drove off, Clark carefully followed them. Unknown to him, Lex and Chloe were heading for Metropolis.

Clark was surprised to see Lex pull in front of a karaoke bar. Since you had to be over 21 to enter, Clark wondered how Chloe would get in. Since Lex was a party animal when he was in high school, he knew were to get a good fake ID. Chloe was a little worried it wouldn’t work, but she believed Lex could get her in. Being the good boy and chicken he is, Clark waited outside.
Chloe and Lex found an empty table close to the stage. Being the gentlemen he is, Lex pulled out Chloe’s chair for her. Lex jestered for a waiter.

“Can you get me a Scotch, and a…”

“Bloody Mary,” Chloe took her coat off.

“Can I see some ID ma’am?”

“Of course,” Chloe took out the ID Lex made for her.

The waiter looked at it and her.

“Ok,” he gave it back to Chloe.

“One Scotch and one Bloody Mary coming up,” the waiter left and came back with their drinks.

Chloe took a drink, “I guess you were right.”

“Of course,” Lex smiled.

“So were you planning to sing, or did you just want to hear others?”

“I wanted us both to sing, together or apart,” Chloe looked around. The place wasn’t that full. It shouldn’t be too embarrassing.

“Well, I guess I’ll go first,” Lex took a drink of his Scotch, and walked onto the stage.

He sang, Hey Leonardo by Blessed Union of Souls. To Lex’s surprise, everyone in the place loved it. Lex sat back down at their table. He took a big drink of Scotch.

“Your turn.”

Chloe took in a deep breath, and stepped onto the stage. She didn’t get as great of applause after singing, Beautiful Day by U2. Chloe quickly sat back down.

“I sing horrible.”

“No you don’t,” Lex put his chair closer to Chloe’s.

“Well I’m not good as you,” Chloe drank some more of her Mary.

“Yes you are, they just don’t know a good singer when they her it,” Lex gave Chloe a kiss.

“Ya sure. I’ll be back; I need to go to the Ladies Room,” Chloe got out of her chair, and asked a waiter were the bathroom was. Lex finished his Scotch, and got back onto the stage. With some awesome dance moves, Lex sang, Sooth Criminal by Michael Jackson. When Chloe came out of the bathroom, she heard people cheering. When she got a clear view of the stage, Chloe saw Lex singing. Her Million Dollar smile went across her face. When she got back to the table, Lex finished singing.

“I didn’t know you could dance like that.”

“Neither did I. I just moved to the music,” Lex sat back down.

“Wanna give it another try?”

“Nah,” Chloe finished her Mary.

“Let’s give other people a chance.”

The rest of the night, Chloe and Lex just listened to other people sing. When they left, Clark thought, ‘About time.’ He followed them back to Chloe’s, and went home after Lex left.

When Clark got home, Martha and Jonathan were waiting for him.

“We just got a call from Chloe.”

‘Oh no,’ Clark thought.

“She said she’s seen you following her and Lex around.”

Clark sat down, “Why would I do that?”

“You did mention you were worried about them having a relationship together. Maybe you just want to make sure nothing happens to Chloe.”

“It’s her life Clark; you don’t have to act like a big brother to her.”

“Ok,” Clark headed for the stairs.

“Clark, can you promise us you’ll stop following Chloe and Lex?”

‘No.’

“Yes, I promise I’ll stop following them,” Clark went up to his room.

‘I’ll try to stop, but I could never promise I would.’

Like he did the night before, Clark went to sleep thinking about Chloe and Lex, especially Chloe.

asharnanae
11th August 2003, 21:22
:biggrin: Loved kareoke lex!! I have been meaning to get lex into a singing session for awhile now, but I have the dreaded writers block *still*!!!! And damn clark :tease: stupid boy, I hope he doens cause to much of a problem for them!! as soon as you can an update will b greatfully and adictively recived!!!

Tandy
11th August 2003, 21:33
stupid clark, he lost his chance! What a loser! Great job, too cute!

Tandy

lunaluthor
12th August 2003, 20:52
great chapter Lex the karaoke king :biggrin:

hfce
13th August 2003, 02:34
Lex doing Michael Jackson :lol: to funny and Clark :hammer: get a life. :tease:

Hope ;)

17th August 2003, 08:18
Note: I would of posted earlier, but I had that stupid blaster worm :devil: .

This chapter is rated PG13-R, for Language and Adult Themes.

Chapter V : Veracity

“Who the fuck do you think you’re playing with,” Chloe said, after storming into Lex’s Library.

“What are you talking about,” Lex hung up his phone.

After walking over to it, Chloe threw a folder onto Lex’s desk. Lex just sat there puzzled.

“Open it.”

Lex picked up the folder, and inside were some pictures of him and another woman.

“I can explain.”

“No need, I know all about it. One night we’re together, the next, you’re with that slut,” Chloe sits down.

“Well, if you weren’t so stiff, maybe I wouldn’t need another woman.”

Chloe got out of her chair, walked around the desk, and punched Lex in the face. Lex then pushed Chloe to the ground.

“Bitch, get out of here.”

Chloe got up, took Lex’s laptop, and banged it hard on the desk. She then left the mansion.

After leaving, Chloe went over to the Kent Farm. She found Clark in his loft. He was doing some homework.

“Chloe, hi. What are you doing here?”

Chloe sat down next to Clark, “I just had an argument with Lex, about him with another woman.”

“He’s with another woman,” Clark closed his school book.

“He said I’m not very open.”

“Of course you’re open,” Clark put his arm around Chloe.

“Sexually.”

“Oh,” Clark began to move his arm, but Chloe stopped him.

“I can be open.”

“Ya, of course you could.”

“You don’t believe me? I’ll show you I can be open,” Chloe began to kiss Clark, and move her hand up his thigh.

“Chloe,” Clark pushed her away.

“Come on, I know you like it,” Chloe took off her blouse, and sat down on Clark’s left leg.

She then went back to kissing Clark. He began to get into it, and unbuttoned his shirt. Lex walked in, and saw them on Clark’s couch.

“I was going to talk to Clark about us, but I guess he already knows. Maybe I was being a little pre-mature about you.”

“Why don’t you get out of here you bald fuck, we’re busy,” Chloe went back to kissing Clark.

Without a word, Lex left the barn.

After fucking, Chloe talked to Clark while they dressed.

“Can you do something for me?”

“What,” Clark pulled his pants on.

“Kill Lex.”

“Are you kidding,” Clark just stared at Chloe.

“Or at least help me do it.”

“I’m not gonna kill Lex,” Clark put his shirt on.

“Then get me gun, I’ll do it. Doesn’t your dad have a rifle?”

“Ya, but I’m not going to get it for you.”

After putting on her blouse, Chloe headed for the house.

“Fine, I’ll get it. Your parents aren’t home.”
Clark followed her to the house. Chloe found the rifle in Martha and Jonathan’s bedroom.

“Please think about this. You don’t want to kill Lex.”

“Yes I do, he lied and betrayed me,” Chloe found a box of bullets under the bed. She gave it and the rifle to Clark.

“Can you at least load it for me?”

Clark loaded the rifle, and gave it back to Chloe.

“On your way to the mansion, please really think about what you’re doing.”

Chloe kissed Clark, and left for the mansion. When she pulled up to the gate, one of Lex’s guards approached her. She rolled down her window, and shot the guard, he died before he hit the ground. Chloe pulled her car infront of the mansion entrance and entered. She killed another guard, before she found Lex. He was in his kitchen.

“Chloe, what the fuck are you doing?”

Without a word, Chloe shot Lex, and then…

Lex flew forward on his bed, ‘It was all a dream?’

‘It felt so real.’

Lex picked up his phone, and called Chloe’s Cell. Chloe sounded angry when she answered.

“Who the fuck is this? Do you know it’s two in the morning?”

Lex said nothing.

“Hello?”

Lex just listened to her voice.

“You’re fucking disgusting,” Chloe turned her Cell off.

With relief, Lex went back to sleep.

The next morning, Lex and Chloe had coffee at The Talon.

“Can you believe I got an ubseen phone call this morning,” Chloe took a drink of her coffee.

“Oh, really? When was this?”

Tandy
17th August 2003, 11:27
:huh: Man, You really had me going with that dream! I thought it was for real! Poor Lexy, he's so used to his girlfriends trying to kill him that now he even dreams it! :lol:

Tandy

lunaluthor
17th August 2003, 15:20
wow I already thought I'm in the wrong story thank god it was the Dallas solution :yay: :yay: :yay:

hfce
17th August 2003, 17:18
Ok I almost fainted until I saw the end. Sheesh dont scare me like that. :lol:

Hope :blinkkiss:

20th August 2003, 05:25
This chapter is rated: PG-13, for Language.

Chapter VI : The Encounter

Chloe had a happy glow about her when Pete came into The Torch Office. She didn’t even realize he came in. She was looking at some pictures of her and Lex, on her computer.

“When were those taken?”

Chloe was startled when Pete spoke.

“Pete. What are you doing here,” Chloe closed the folder with the pictures.

“Are you going to answer my question,” Pete sat down next Chloe.

“Um, they were taken when Lex and I went to New York,” Chloe gave Pete an ‘OK’ look.

“What about my question?”

“I just came to see if you’ve talked to Clark today,” Chloe got out of here chair.

She put some stuff in her bag, and exited the office. Pete followed her out to Chloe’s Bug.

“Well?”

“No I haven’t. Not since I found out he was stalking Lex and me,” Chloe took off for home, leaving Pete standing outside the school.

Later that day, Clark walked into Lex’s library. Lex was looking over some paper work on his desk.

“Clark what are you doing here!”

Clark sat down infront of Lex.

“I want to talk about you and Chloe!”

“There’s nothing to talk about! Now get out,” Lex got out of his chair.

He waited for Clark to get out of his chair.

Clark stood up, “I’m not going anywhere. Not until we talk!”

Lex tried to push Clark out of the mansion, but he didn’t budge.

“Clark! If you don’t leave, I’m calling the police!”

Clark just stood there.

“Fine,” Lex reached for the phone.

“I don’t think so,” Clark grabbed Lex and through him against the wall.

Lex slowly got up, and ran toward Clark. When he got close enough, Clark took Lex, and though him out Lex’s desk window. Clark then left the mansion. Lex’s Grounds Keeper found Lex in a pile of glass. He immediately called an ambulance.

After Lex was taken to the hospital, Chloe arrived at the mansion. They were supposed to have dinner that night. Lex’s maid told her he was at the hospital. Chloe immediately went to Lex.

When she arrived, Lex wasn’t conscious. Chloe stayed with him all night. Around noon the next day, Lex came to.

“H-SH OW,” Lex grabbed his head.

Chloe exited the bathroom, and saw Lex awake.

“LEX,” Chloe sat down, hugged him, and kissed him.

It hurt, but Lex didn’t say anything. Chloe sat back in her chair, and held Lex’s hand.

“Who did this to you?”

Lex just laid in his hospital bed, silent.

“Lex who?”

“Clark,” Lex grabbed for his water mug.

“Clark? Clark did this to you?”

“Ya, he wanted to talk about us, and said there wasn’t anything to talk about,” Lex took some sips of his water.

“So he got angry, and this was the outcome.”

“Well,” Chloe gave Lex a kiss. “I have something I need to do, I’ll be back.”

Chloe left Lex’s Room.

“WAIT,” Chloe just ignored Lex’s yell.

She got into her bug, and went to The Kent Farm. It appeared The Kents were gone, but Chloe hoped Clark was home. When she entered the barn, Chloe heard foot steps in the loft.

“CLARK!”

Chloe walked up the steps to the loft. Clark watched her come toward him.

“This is about Lex isn’t it?”

“YES THIS IS ABOUT LEX, YOU FUCKIN ASSHOLE,” Chloe stood right infront of Clark.

“DON”T CALL ME AN ASSHOLE, YOU FANCIE CLOTHED BITCH!”

“WELL I’M MAKEN SURE YOU GET ARRESTED, YOU COUNTRY BOY SHIT,” Chloe left the barn.

Clark wanted to stop her, but he didn’t want to do any harm to her, so he let her leave. On her way back to the hospital, Chloe saw Sheriff Ethan pass her.

“How you doin’,” Chloe walked into Lex’s room and sat down.

“Tell me you didn’t see Clark?”

“We had a few words yes,” Chloe refilled Lex’s water mug.

“Did the police talk to you while I was gone,” Chloe gave Lex his mug.

“Did you tell them who attacked you?”

“Ya I did,” Lex took a drink of water.

“At least now I know for sure why I saw Sheriff Ethan head toward The Kent Farm.”

“I wonder how the Kents will take it,” Lex looked a little worried.

“Ya, they were always good parents to him. Whenever I was around them, they seemed happy. Let’s hope this won’t hurt them terribly.”

“What are you saying, it most likely will Chloe,” Lex put down his water mug.

“Ya, you’re probably right,” a few tears appeared across Chloe’s eyes.

Even though she was sad about it, Chloe knew it was the right thing to do.

Tandy
20th August 2003, 07:46
Grrrrrrrr :hammer: I want to kill clark for hurting lex!" I really hope he does get arrested! :hammer:

petriebird18
21st August 2003, 03:38
what the fuck? Clark is a....AHHHHHH :hammer: :die: MUST.....KILL....CLARK....NOW!!!!!!!!
Ok, go and update!!!!!!!! :yay: I LOVE this fic!
~Deidre~
:chlexsign3:

hfce
21st August 2003, 19:57
Clark needs to get away from that red kryptonite. He is very violent in this. Wow :huh: more please.....

Hope :goof:

scifichick774
21st August 2003, 20:49
Well, I think it's been settled that Clark needs to die. Now...onto the slaughter. :clap:

lunaluthor
23rd August 2003, 12:22
I hope Clark has a nice cuddly cell buddy :devil:

25th August 2003, 07:46
Chapter VII : Departed

Chloe walked into The Talon, to get her morning coffee. She saw Lana and Pete talking.

“One latte coming up,” Lana got Chloe her coffee without asking.

“So, how does it feel,” Pete waited for an answer.

“How does what feel,” Chloe looked puzzled.

“Putting Clark in jail.”

“What? Are you upset that Lex and I had Clark arrested?”

“Did you really need to,” Lana asked when she gave Chloe her latte.

“He nearly killed Lex. What did you want me to do, thank him? Threw him a party?”

Chloe just left the latte, and went to the Smallville Medical Center, to check on Lex. He was asleep when she arrived, so she just sat next to him. When Lex woke, Chloe told him about Pete and Lana.

“Can you believe that? I guess I could understand why Pete would feel that way, but Lana, I have no idea,” Chloe turned on Lex’s TV.

“I don’t feel like watching TV,” Lex tried to turn it off, but Chloe prevented him.

“Well I do.”

“So since you’re my girlfriend, you have control over my stuff?”

“Yes,” Lex gave a small smile and kissed Chloe.

Clark’s trial was put on hold, until Lex was able to leave the hospital on foot. Lex didn’t, even though it may have helped, want to enter the courtroom, in a wheelchair. Lex left SMC, on a Sunday, and Clark’s trial was on that Saturday. Before the trial, Lex wanted to do something enjoyable with Chloe, and that week was Spring Break, so Chloe was free from school. So before asking her, Lex set up arrangements to go to Paris. When he did ask, of course her answer was yes. The only thing left to do was get Gabe’s permission. He had, somewhat, been ok with the previous trips and dates, but Chloe was unsure what he would think about a trip to Paris.

“No,” Gabe said those to letters very strongly.

“No, why not?”

“Are you kidding me? Paris, France is one of the worst places a father would want his little girl to go,” Gabe still spoke firm.

“I’m not your little girl anymore dad. You’ve trusted Lex and I before, why not now?”

“Because it’s Paris. My answer is still no, and that is final,” Gabe left for the plant.

With Gabe’s no inside her head, Chloe told Lex she could go. The night before departure, Chloe packed everything she would need. Before Gabe woke, Chloe silently got into her bug, and drove off to the mansion.

“Boy you’re the best thing to see in the morning,” Lex grabbed Chloe’s bag and kissed her.

“So are you,” Chloe kissed him back.

“So, when do we leave?”

“Now,” Lex picked up his bag.

“Do you like doing stuff for yourself?”

“Not always, but it’s nice to feel like an average person, once in awhile,” Lex put his and Chloe’s bag in his Porsche’s trunk.

When they arrived at the airport, Chloe got the bags out.

“Me to,” Lex smiled.

Once they got aboard, Lex’s jet took off. Not long into the flight, there was a problem.

“Mr. Luthor, could you immediately come to the cockpit,” Lex’s pilot said over the intercom.

“I’ll be back in a minute,” Lex got out of his seat, and entered the flight cabin.

“What is it Donald?”

“We’ve got a big problem, for some reason, we don’t have any control of the plane,” Like they should, everyone in the cabin looked worried.

“We had control when we took off, but not long after, it was gone?”

“Can we land safely,” Lex looked at Donald and his co-pilot.

“No sir, flaps and landing gear are unresponsive. Like I said, we have no control.”

“Have you told Metropolis National of are situation,” Lex looked back at Chloe.

She was drinking some coffee, looking peaceful.

“Mr. Luthor? Mr. Luthor?”

“Ya,” Lex looked back at Donald.

“We have contacted Metropolis National. The only thing we can do is one; stay on the plane until it crashes, or two, parachute of the plane.”

“Parachute,” The three men in the cabin walked back to Chloe.

“Chloe.”

“What’s going on,” Chloe stood up puzzled.

“We’ve lost control of the plane.”

“What,” Now Chloe looked worried, like the others.

“So what are we gonna do?”

“Parachute,” Donald went to the parachute storage compartment.

“We’ve got another problem.”

“What,” Lex looked toward Donald.

“We’ve got only three chutes.”

“Lex,” Chloe looked from Donald to Lex.

“Why do you only have three chutes?”

“Because until we got together, I rarely flew with anyone.”

“So who’s gonna stay,” Donald’s co-pilot said.

Everyone looked at each other. Lex went over the chutes, and picked one up. He walked back to Chloe, and put the chute on her.

“Me. You guys better put on your chutes.”

Without hesitation, Donald and his co-pilot strapped on the chutes.

“Lex no. Your not gonna stay on the plane,” Chloe took off the chute.

“You go,” She held it out to Lex.

“How could I leave you here,” Lex took the chute, and placed it back on Chloe.

“Then we’ll both stay,” Chloe began to take the chute off again.

Lex stopped her, “I can’t let you die. You’re more important than I could ever be.”

“I can’t lose you. I’d have a huge part of me empty, and I couldn’t live with that.”

“Chloe, you were the best thing that ever happened to me, and you need to go on. You need to continue releasing your goodness and happiness,” Lex held Chloe’s hand, and walked her over to the plane’s hatch.

The co-pilot and Donald were already waiting to open it. Everyone held onto something, when Donald opened the hatch. Donald jumped first, and then his co-pilot jumped. Before Chloe jumped, she and Lex gave each other one last kiss. After Chloe jumped, Lex just sat down in the flight cabin. He sat there thinking about Chloe, Wanting to remember something good before he died. Lex closed his eyes, just before the plane crashed.

Chloe cried all the way down to the ground. She continued to cry at Lex’s funeral. It was pretty deserted. She, Gabe, some other LexCorp workers, Lana, and Lionel attended.

To Chloe’s surprise, she was in Lex’s will. Lex left everything to her, except the plant, and The Talon. Lex’s plant shares were spread out among the board members, and The Talon was left to Lana. Lionel looked some what upset about it, and Lionel assumed he would get nothing. That night, Chloe danced with herself in the mansion’s ballroom. Remembering the night Lex and her truly got together. When she got tired, Chloe headed up to Lex’s bedroom. She dressed in his pajamas, and got under his sheets. Chloe went to sleep with the tears, still in her eyes.

Nicki
25th August 2003, 09:15
That was so sad :crygreen: how could you let him die :crygreen: I so would not have left the Talon to that Bitch Still how could you let him die :evil: :crydevil:

25th August 2003, 10:29
I originally planned to do another chapter.

On her way to meet Clark for the party, Chloe actually had a car accident, and she was in a coma for a short time. So her relationship with Lex was a dream. Even though it was a dream she still had the feelings.

But I canned the whole idea. I decided to leave it the way it is.

Sorry for killing Lex.

scifichick774
25th August 2003, 14:46
Um...WHAT???

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the captain supposed to go down with the ship (or the pilot in this case)?

UGH!!!

I can't believe you killed him!

*deep breath*

Okay, it's okay...no. It's really not. Couldn't you have Lionel do some cloning experiment or something to bring back at least one Lex for Chloe to love? Pretty please?

Sab_Luthor
25th August 2003, 15:43
WHY.......WHY :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
you're evil
WH....YYYYYYY :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
can't you do at least another end......an happy end
please do it to us i can't stand with that that's not fair for us
please do another end please :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

hfce
25th August 2003, 18:46
That was truly evil :crygreen:

Hope :crygreen:

lunaluthor
25th August 2003, 19:56
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
oh my god
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:

tigerbaby
25th August 2003, 21:45
Is it just me or is it not possible to share a parachute and shouldn't the captain go down with the plane?

26th August 2003, 00:33
Ok, Ok, I won't end it yet. :blinkkiss: Forgive me if the next chapter isn't totally believeable. :biggrin: I wanted a death, but I guess I can't have it can I, lol.

-JJ

Sab_Luthor
26th August 2003, 02:12
Originally posted by Michael_AllisonFan2001@Aug 26 2003, 12:33 AM
Ok, Ok, I won't end it yet. :blinkkiss:* Forgive me if the next chapter isn't totally believeable. :biggrin: I wanted a death, but I guess I can't have it can I, lol.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS
<span style='color:red'>YOU ARE THE BEST </span>
:worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

*sigh* it feel good now. i can breathe now :wub: :wub: :wub:

Calliope
26th August 2003, 05:52
That&#39;s right. No death for you. Or us, for that matter. Chloe deserves to be happy&#33; :biggrin:

Brittany
26th August 2003, 06:28
:huh: Thank god your not leaving it there and please don&#39;t make it too long b/4 he comes back. I can&#39;t believe Lex left Lana the Talon after how she acted. Please update soon, that chapter was sad, you have to fix it fast. Also I think Chlex could have both used the parachute, it happens all the time in the movies&#33; :chlexsign2:

26th August 2003, 07:31
Lex will back in the next chapter. It begins right after chapter VII. I wanted to end with a death, that&#39;s why I didn&#39;t have them share the chute. I guess I&#39;ll never try that again, lol.

Sab_Luthor
26th August 2003, 13:23
yes you guess right

marrycherry
26th August 2003, 19:14
Originally posted by Michael_AllisonFan2001@Aug 26 2003, 07:31 AM
Lex will back in the next chapter. It begins right after chapter VII. I wanted to end with a death, that&#39;s why I didn&#39;t have them share the chute. I guess I&#39;ll never try that again, lol.
:crygreen: PLEASE...NEVER KILL LEX AGAIN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; POOR CHLOE CRYIN ALL NIGHT (even if he give everything to her it&#39;s soo sad :crygreen: )

i&#39;m gonna wait for the chappy &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

27th August 2003, 02:50
Like I said, it&#39;s kinda unbelievable. :huh: So think about soap operas :biggrin: .

Chapter VIII : Forgotten

When Chloe woke the next morning, she didn’t have much of an appetite. She just laid in bed, and turned on the TV. Chloe watched cartoons all morning. Lex and her usually watched cartoons together on the weekends, even though he was an adult, their was still a little boy inside him. Around noon, Chloe made herself go home, and get some clean clothes. Gabe tried to speak to her, but she just ignored him. When she got back to the mansion, Chloe read Lex’s copy of The Smallville Ledger.

One of the headlines read, Kent Boy Released from Jail

‘What,’ Chloe thought.

Chloe got back into her bug, and headed back into town. She pulled in front of the sheriff’s station. After entering, Chloe talked with Sheriff Ethan.

‘How could you let Clark go?’

‘With Lex dead, there isn’t a clear witness for the case. So we let Clark go,’ Ethan filled up his coffee cup.

‘Unbelievable,’ Chloe stormed out of the station.

When she got back to the mansion, a surprise was waiting for her. Waiting in the library with the maid was Lex. When Chloe walked in, she fainted. When she came to, she was sitting down next to Lex’s desk.

‘Are you alright Miss Sullivan?’

‘What,’ Chloe grabbed the glass of water the maid was holding.

‘Ya, ya I’m fine. I thought I saw Lex.’

‘Miss Sullivan,’ the maid pointed behind Chloe.

Chloe turned her head to see Lex standing behind her. Chloe felt like she was gonna faint again. She drank some of the water. After getting over the shock, Chloe got up and took Lex in her arms.

“I never thought I’d see you again.”

“I’m sure we know each other, but can you tell me who you are,” Chloe let go of Lex.

“What?”
“Um miss,” Chloe looked back at the maid. Chloe got closer to her.

“The person who found him said he doesn’t remember anything. Mr. Luthor even had to be told his name Miss Sullivan.”

Chloe looked back at Lex. She took his hand, and showed him around the mansion. She thought maybe spending more time together, or seeing something, might spring a memory. Chloe showed Lex every room in the mansion, but they were back to square one. Lex still didn’t remember anything. So, Chloe decided to take Lex for a drive, in his Porsche. Chloe had fun driving, but again there was still no progress.

When Chloe and Lex got sleepy, they both went to Lex’s room.

“Do you mind if I sleep with you?”

Lex’s eyes got wide, “Excuse me?”

“Just sleep, nothing else.”

Lex thought about it and agreed. Lex got in first, and Chloe got in behind him. She wrapped her arms around Lex.

“Do you mind?”

“No, it’s ok. Good night Miss Sullivan,” Lex went to sleep.

“Goodnight, Mr. Luthor,” Chloe cried.

The next morning, Chloe woke to hear cartoons and laughing. Lex was sitting up in the bed, watching Looney Toons. Chloe sat up next to Lex.

“Do you remember us watching cartoons together?”

“I remember watching cartoons every morning,” Lex’s eyes didn’t leave the TV.

“Well, that’s a start,” Chloe got up and changed.

She almost changed infront of Lex, since she had before, but decided not to go that far let with him. After breakfast, Chloe took Lex to Smallville Medical. They ran some tests and scans on Lex. Afterwards, the doctors told Chloe they couldn’t do anything for him.

“We’ll just have to hope his memories return. That’s all that can be done, hope and pray.”

Chloe took Lex home. She continued to try different things to help Lex, but again, nothing helped. She just decided to let them return on their own. If they don’t, she’d still care for him.
When Chloe and Lex woke the next morning, a bad surprise awaited them down stairs. It was Lionel, some how he was informed about Lex.

“How are you son,” Lionel was sitting at Lex’s desk.

“What do you care,” Chloe and Lex sat down.

“He’s my child, why wouldn’t I?”

“Well, based on what I know about your relationship with Lex, I’d say you don’t,” Lionel got up and walked over to Chloe.

“Why doesn’t matter to you? Lex never should have got with filth like you.”

Chloe stood up, and punched Lionel in the face. It didn’t faze him one bit.

“Since your filth, I’d expect something better than that. You must be lower than that,” Lionel let out a laugh.

“I’ll be back tomorrow son,” Lionel gave Chloe a disgusted look and left.

“That’s my father,” Lex finally spoke.

“Ya. You could have said something you know,” They both headed for the dinning room.

“Why, I thought you did very well,” Lex smirked.

‘Well, he still has his humor,’ Chloe thought.

Brittany
27th August 2003, 05:41
:biggrin: Yay, he&#39;s back&#33; Thanks so much, to bad he doesn&#39;t remember Chloe. I know what could make him remember, SMUT&#33; It&#39;d trigger more than just his memory and it&#39;d make Chloe happy, ;) think about it&#33; :chlexsign2:

27th August 2003, 05:43
I&#39;ll keep it in mind.

hfce
27th August 2003, 06:20
Thank God he is back. I did not like him dead. More please..

Hope :biggrin:

Tandy
27th August 2003, 08:39
He&#39;s alive&#33; He&#39;s alive&#33; Yay&#33; More soon please, make Lex recover his memory&#33;

Tandy

Béatrice
27th August 2003, 14:23
good he is still alive :biggrin:

UPDATE please &#33;&#33;&#33; :yay2:

Sab_Luthor
27th August 2003, 18:16
*sigh* alive he&#39;s alive
good you can continue
and update more soon please

28th August 2003, 03:03
Rating: PG-13 for Adult Themes

Again, I have planned to end this with Ch 10, but who knows, ;) lol.

Chapter IX : The Connection

Lionel didn’t come back the next day, as he said he would. This didn’t bother Chloe one bit. Lex and her played pool most the morning, and had a picnic on the mansion grounds for lunch. Every once in awhile, Lex would remember some little thing he forgot. This pleased Chloe. It gave her hope that everything would return, in time. For the rest of the afternoon, Chloe and Lex laid on the grass, staring up at the clouds.

“What do you see up there,” Chloe turned to look at Lex.

“You mean in the clouds?”

“Ya,” Chloe faced the sky again.

“You’re gonna think it’s stupid.”

“No I won’t. You know what I see,” Chloe pointed at each cloud.

“There’s a bird, two people holding hands,” Chloe grabbed Lex’s hand.

“And there’s a tree.”

“All I see is one thing,” Lex turned to Chloe. He gripped her hand more.

“All I see is you,” Lex moved closer to Chloe and kissed her.

That night for dinner, Chloe dressed in her blue evening gown. She figured it might open the door to that night of the party. Of course when she arrived in the dinning room, Lex was dressed quite casual. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a grey t-shirt, but he still acted like a gentlemen. He stood up, and pulled the sit out for Chloe.

“Do you remember this dress,” Chloe drank some water.

“Dancing, I remember dancing.”

“Ya, I wore this at a party you held here. In my mind, that was truly the night we got together,” Chloe placed a cloth napkin across her lap.

“I believe so too.”

The rest of the night went well. After dinner, they watched a little TV, and then went upstairs to bed. When they entered, Chloe asked Lex to help her with the dress. He unzipped the dress. Without thinking, He started kissing Chloe’s shoulder, and worked his way up to her neck. Chloe just stood there, enjoying every kiss. Lex slid the dress off Chloe, and turned her around. He took her in his arms, and began kissing her soft, wet, lips. While they kissed, Chloe undressed Lex. Once he was down to his boxers, Lex told her to lay face down on the bed, without her bra. She did as she was told.

“Oil.”

“What,” Chloe looked at Lex.

“I remember having massage oil somewhere.”

“Try in there,” Chloe pointed at the

“Ah,” Lex walked around the bed, and went through each drawer.

The top drawer had only some papers and a watch. The second had just papers. When Lex opened the third drawer, he quickly closed it. It had some porno mags and a bottle of hand lotion. Lex found the massage oil in the last drawer. He got onto the bed, and squeezed some oil onto Chloe’s back.

“OOW, that’s cold.”

“Let me help warm you up,” Lex began massaging Chloe’s back.

Five minutes after beginning the massage, Lex asked how she felt. She didn’t answer.

“Chloe,” Lex looked down at Chloe’s face. She’d fallen asleep.

“I guess that answers my question.”

Lex delicately turned Chloe around. Lex laid in bed staring at her face. Even with some of his memories gone, Lex thought seeing Chloe lying there, was the most beautiful thing in the world. Turned her body to face him, and held her in his arms.

“This is heaven.”

The next morning, Chloe had to think for a few seconds to remember why she was naked. After getting dressed, Chloe went down stairs. She saw Lex eating breakfast.

“Why didn’t you wake me?”

“You’re so lovely when you sleep. I didn’t want to disturb you,” Lex pulled a seat out for Chloe.

She sat and asked, “What happened last night? I remember you giving me a massage, but after is a blank.”

“During the massage, you fell asleep,” Lex smiled.

“I’m so sorry,” Chloe grabbed some toast.

“Why? Since you did, it means I did relax you, made you feel comfortable.”

“Still, I wish I was awake for more,” Chloe spread some jam on the toast.

“You mean being consciously aware of me holding you.”

“You held me all night,” Chloe paused from biting the toast.

“Of course, you think I would pass up the opportunity to hold you in my arms.”

Chloe smiled, “I love you.”

“I love you to.”

After finishing breakfast, Chloe and Lex took a walk. They held each other the whole time. They didn’t leave each other’s sight all day, except to go to the bathroom.

On that day, a thought came into Chloe’s mind, which she hadn’t thought about much. The thought was to marry Lex. After thinking about it, her answer would be yes, but, would Lex be for it. I mean she knew he loved her, but does it mean he would marry her?

Zealot
28th August 2003, 04:15
I read today the chapter where Lex died and I was thinking :WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??

But thanks for continuing this (and thanks to those who protested). Your last update is very beautiful with the massage and Lex looking at Chloe sleeping. Awww....

hfce
28th August 2003, 04:45
More please..... :biggrin:

Hope

kidkarmina
28th August 2003, 18:52
At first I thought, just another dream (with Lex&#39;s death). But when I read some more, all I could think of was NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I CAN&#39;T BE READING THIS RIGHT??&#33;&#33;
Thank you for those who protested. Really loving the ride so I&#39;m with Hope here, more please :wub:

lunaluthor
29th August 2003, 16:09
threatening was really sucessfull
thanks for bringing Lex back

29th August 2003, 21:14
I&#39;ve been a little preoccupied with other things, so I haven&#39;t yet started ch 10. I&#39;ll try to today.

Sab_Luthor
29th August 2003, 21:50
thanks a lot
and try hard please

scifichick774
29th August 2003, 21:53
Hmm...and the plot thickens. Can&#39;t wait to see whether he&#39;ll still want to marry her. :)

1st September 2003, 09:17
At last, Lex and Chloe : The Final Chapter. Will Lex marry Chloe or will he throw her onto the curb? :devil: J/K, you&#39;ll you know what happens by reading the title. Now this is it. No more begging for additional chapters, lol. :biggrin:

Chapter X : Foreverness

A few months went bye, and Lex’s memory continued to return. He was able to get all his possessions back, which he gave away in his will. Some people were upset about it, but they complied with Lex’s wishes. Lex decided to go on his and Chloe’s canceled trip to Paris, when school let out for the summer. Since the accident, Lex hadn’t left Smallville. Feeling much better since then, Lex felt it was time to get out again. Chloe was a little concerned about going on a plane again, but Lex was able to put her mind at ease.

Before they left, Lex made sure the plane was in excellent shape. He even made sure the plane always carried over the needed limit of parachutes. On the way to France, Chloe fell asleep in Lex’s arms. He liked to put his hands through her hair. Like everything else about her, Chloe’s hair was perfect. Lex didn’t hate anything about her, more so with her personality. That was his favorite thing about her.

A limo was waiting for them when Lex’s jet arrived in Paris. Without waking her, Lex carried Chloe into the limo. When they arrived at their hotel, Lex again carried Chloe. It gave him a work out, but he didn’t want to disturb Chloe. When morning came, Chloe felt Lex holding her. She turned herself around, and gave Lex a kiss. The kiss woke Lex, but he pretended he was still asleep. Chloe could tell he was pretending, so she began to tickle him. Lex with standed it for about ten seconds, and then he started to laugh out loud.

“PPlease, sstop tickling me.”

“Why should I,” Chloe continued the tickle assault.

“You pretended to be asleep, so this is your punishment,” Chloe was laughing along with Lex.

“II’m ssorry, please stop.”

When Chloe still didn’t, Lex rolled himself onto the floor. He ran to the bathroom, Chloe followed. Lex locked the door so she couldn’t come in. Chloe tried to turn the knob.

“Come on Lex, let me in.”

“Only if you promise a tickle truce,” Lex leaned his back against the door.

“Ok, if you order breakfast while I take a shower.”

“Fine, the truce is in effect, now,” Lex unlocked and opened the door.

When Lex exited, Chloe entered. Lex caught a kiss on the way out. After calling room service, Lex undressed himself. Silently, Lex snuck into the bathroom and entered the shower. Chloe and he began to bath each other. When the room service came, Chloe and Lex were still in the shower. The deliverer knocked on the room door, no answer. Very slowly, he entered the room. Seeing no one and hearing the shower, the man left the trolley and left. When they got dressed, Lex and Chloe noticed the trolley next to the bed.

“It must have come while we were in the shower.”

After breakfast, Lex and Chloe went sight seeing. Since Lex had been to Paris, it wasn’t very interesting to him, but he enjoyed seeing Chloe loving it. When they ate lunch, Lex intentionally dropped a spoon on the restaurant floor. When he got onto his knee to pick it up, Lex pulled out a ring holder. He opened it up, and called to Chloe.

“Chloe?”

Chloe looked down at him. When she saw the ring, Chloe blushed slightly.

“Chloe, we’ve been together for about a year now, I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.”

“So have I,” some tears formed by Chloe’s eyes.

“You have always been good to be, even when I lost my memory. It may seem a bit soon, but, Chloe Sullivan, will you marry me?”

“YES, of course I’ll marry you,” Lex put the ring on Chloe, and they both stood, to kiss each other.

Other people, who had watched Lex’s show, let out some cheers.

At their wedding reception, fewer people were there, then at Lex’s previous. He figured they thought it wouldn’t last, like with Desiree. Lex and Chloe didn’t have any worries about how long they would stay together. Chloe felt a little weird being at the reception. She was going to be written about, and normally she would have been that reporter. Then again, she felt good being written about. It isn’t often that that happens. Later on, Chloe and Lex danced to a surprising song, when they did the traditional wedding couple dance. It was a seventies song called, Dance to the Drummer’s Beat. Even though surprised, Chloe and Lex moved great to the song. All the Wedding Guests cheered them on.

When the reception was over, Chloe and Lex flew to the Caribbean, for their honeymoon. They enjoyed lying out in the sun, at least Chloe did. Lex pretended he was. Lex had to put a few coats of suntan lotion on top of his head. For Lex, his enjoyment was scuba diving. Like Lex, Chloe was also pretending to like his fun. She didn’t hate swimming, Chloe just hating having the scuba gear on. She would have rather did it the old fashion way, holding her breath.

When it was time to go back to Smallville, Lex, like in Paris, carried Chloe to the car, and through the airport terminal. He had to put her down, when they got to a security check point, but he just continued afterwards. Some people asked if something was wrong with Chloe, but both Lex and she said no.

For the rest of their marriage, Lex and Chloe were always happy. If something bad happened, they would cheer each other up. Not to sound like a cliché, but they lived happily ever after.

The End

1st September 2003, 09:27
:balloon: It&#39;s over. It&#39;s been fun writing this story, but with school coming up and having an idea for another story, I decided on ending this. Thank you all for reading this story. I&#39;ve enjoyed reading your responses. At some point, I may write another chlex story, but am not certain at this time. Now let&#39;s all party, WOOO, lol. :balloon: :chlexsign2:

-Justin

:party: :dance: :partyhat: :cake:

hfce
1st September 2003, 17:50
Justin that was so cute :wub: I loved it. :clap:

Hope

2nd September 2003, 23:42
How come I&#39;ve only had one final reply? :crygreen:

-JJ

tigerbaby
3rd September 2003, 00:00
I wanted to review before but was having problems with the board. I really liked it and I look forward to reading more from you

asharnanae
3rd September 2003, 00:01
:blush: sorry, it was late when I read it, and I have been playing catchup with all my net stuff.
ment to post&#33;&#33;&#33;

Love it, it was great&#33;&#33;&#33; I think we will be seeing more storys from you, hmmmmm&#33;&#33; hint hint&#33;&#33;

3rd September 2003, 00:05
YAAAAA, I&#39;m apreciated, I&#39;m apreciated. I feel so good inside, LOL. :biggrin:

-JJ

Tandy
3rd September 2003, 01:45
That was too cute&#33; Wonderful job&#33; Sorry I haven&#39;t reviewed either, been pretty busy&#33; :smile:

tandy

Zealot
3rd September 2003, 07:13
Ouf&#33; That&#39;s an ending that I like :yay2:

starmoon
7th April 2005, 00:25
i like this story and hate clark he should mind his own bussiness. chlex forever!

16th May 2005, 20:28

darkangel
4th July 2005, 09:01
I liked this story.

Thaís
4th July 2005, 12:40
Really good story, how she stays with him through everything, the way they got back together, and he remembered her.
The marriage, the reception, everything was so great.
And the way they ended up together in the end couldn't be better.

5th July 2005, 12:15
Thanks darkangel :)

Thanks Thais :D

I appreciate the fact that people are still reading this.

-JJ

Ami Rose
25th January 2021, 06:52
Cute fic