PDA

View Full Version : "They Tell Me" (PG-13)

PMD
29th March 2008, 04:52
This came to be because I pondered how Chloe would feel, not finding love yet and then out of the blue, knowing who it is---who is her prince, as it were. This also is my birthday gift to me from my muse. Hope you guys enjoy. I certainly had fun writing it.

Title: "They Tell Me"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Chlex, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything up to season 6 for Smallville.

Summary: They tell me I'll fall in love.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters and a line from a fairy tale, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: BT2, Electricchlex, AM's Forums, N.S., and SPP for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: First, I want to thank a couple of friends for having a sneak a peek at this piece. And to Jay, who was there through the process of writing, starting with the X-Files---and David, who helped me find my Clana voice when I thought I never would---this is for you too. Enjoy.

"They Tell Me" - by PMD

They tell me someday I'll fall in love.

That the guy I meet one day will be the one for me forever.

But I don't know.

And do I care.

I've been tossed on the sea of love so much, I wonder if this is just a way to placate somebody or if it really will happen.

I mean, I've had the worst luck when it comes to my heart.

I've had school girl crushes. Like the guy in Grade 7 who talked to me one minute and then ignored me the next when his friends came round.

Then there was Clark and his attention to me. But every time Lana came around, it faded away. I finally came to the realization; I would rather have both their friendships to lean on then to lose both of them to my unrequited feelings of love. And you know, in the end, even if it hurt like hell, well, maybe in another lifetime---but it was for the best.

Then there was the old meteor freaks coming after me. Don't get me started on that phase of my love life---it wouldn't be pretty. But then how many girls can say they were almost frozen in a swimming pool or whatever else they could dish out. I think I could have lived without that though. Especially Magnetic boy---still quiver when I look at horse shoes.

Recently I thought Jimmy was the one. But then I was wrong again.

I mean, if it isn't freaks, its guys with wandering eyes. And trust me, I should have known better---I mean, he did wait for 2 years to come see me.

I sigh, watching the people walk by the window of the Talon.

Why can't love find me?

Why is it always someday your prince will come?

Prince---Prince---no way. No way in hell is he the one.

Chloe, you are out of your mind.

But he did save me in the coldness up north.

He did try to dissuade me from helping to take his father down.

He was always there to pick up the pieces in that summer so fair and frightening.

Even sat through my father’s marathon of comedies.

And made faces when he wasn't looking.

He's always admired me---at least that's what I heard.

Maybe someday is here.

Maybe someday is today.

Maybe I have found my prince in the castle.

I get up and run for the door---yes, Chloe---go to him right now before you lose your nerve.

And tell him someday is here for him too.

And what they tell me is actually true---for both of us.

The End - PS: You want a sequel?

hfce
29th March 2008, 07:15
I would love a sequel that was cute! :)

karila
29th March 2008, 14:10
Good story. A sequel would be great.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:cake:

Lillian
30th March 2008, 01:06
Yeah!! Sequel, sequel!!!

Ami Rose