PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Improve Naughty Seduction?

Warunee
24th July 2003, 03:32
Both Jules and I feel that Naughty Seduction is missing something. We want to make NS bigger and better, and we would appreciate some suggestions.

What should be removed from the site? What should we add? And how about the forum? Something we should change?

Now is the time to speak up!

:chlexsign2:

petriebird18
24th July 2003, 05:05
hmm, well something i've been wondering for a while, and since i'm computerly challanged :biggrin: i can't do it myself, is what about some Chlex buddy icons for instant messaging?
I thought i saw some some somewhere, but now i can't find them again.
Ok, that's all i know that you guys need, because this site is FABULOUS as it is!! :yay:
~Deidre~
:chlexsign3:

Zealot
27th July 2003, 04:48
The site is great already...

What should we add?

Maybe more pics of AM and MR in their galleries

Suggestions:
-A section with Chlex screencaps (and keep the clips of their scenes!), and transcripts of their scenes.

-A Place where Chlex fans can write in some phrases or paragraphs why they like the idea of Chlex.

-A little place with the Chlex quotes from the actor's interviews...

-Maybe a place with Chlex outside the show (books, comics, official websites).Scans of their scenes in the comics (like the one about Chloe's sumer vacation) and scan or transcript of their scenes in the books along with Chloe's second interview with Lex.

Sorry, there's was a talk of campaign in another board and I had all these thoughts in my head and saw this topic :lol:

Warunee
27th July 2003, 04:52
Thanks a lot Nat. I think all your ideas were great and we'll be sure to discuss it.

~Deidre~, Chlex buddy icons is coming up.

;)

Gemini
27th July 2003, 19:39
I'm impressed with this site's willingness to explore alternative ideas, options. NS could use some new blood. Maybe... hm... a column to express our unique point of view? From a chlex fan's perspective of course.

Julie
27th July 2003, 20:25
Originally posted by Gemini@Jul 27 2003, 07:39 PM
I'm impressed with this site's willingness to explore alternative ideas, options. NS could use some new blood. Maybe... hm... a column to express our unique point of view? From a chlex fan's perspective of course. If anyone's interested in writing that coloumn, mail us with their ideas and such!

Blaire023
14th May 2004, 06:15
Hi *waves* I don't venture here very often just cuz I feel a little beneath the superiority of the mods and such.

So I am here as a waif, just offering a little something...

I noticed ns now has new forums, in the completed sections of certain categories.

I have just one small teeny tiny suggestion. When someone's completed a fic, can you keep it in that forum its designated to for maybe something like 3 or 4 days? Once it switched over, it tends to get looked over and people don't realize it's gone. A few people imed me and asked me where my Cliff's Edge story went and I told them I had finished it and then they had to go look for it in the finished section. So just for the future, so I can actually get some feedback on a last chapter, can you keep a fic in the allotted forum for a little while? pretty please.

Thanks.

*bows before the two webmasters*

~B

Warunee
14th May 2004, 17:59
Blaire, of course that can be arranged! ;)

We'll (as in mods and both admins) move the story after a couple of days after it has been completed.. ;)

newbatgirl
15th May 2004, 03:08
BTW, guys. Love the new categories. I think it has really allowed people to discover and re-discover some of the older stuff. Great idea!

hlmilk
17th May 2004, 05:54
For the site,

+ Maybe fix the broken links to the chlex clips as well as other things?
+ More update? maybe like create a poll and check which section has the most hits and improve on it? Personally, I visit the site for Epi guide, Chlex screencaps and clips, links only.

For the board,

+ I feel that the no. of forums are adequate but somehow, there are not much ..erm, life/new posts. I think that most users went for the fanfiction section only. Hmm, create a poll again? to see where most users lurk?
+ Maybe a contest forum? for banner/manip/clip/fic challenge?

All in all, I <3 Chlex board/site :D Thanks :chlexsign2:

vardaquareien
17th May 2004, 12:22
Originally posted by hlmilk@May 17 2004, 01:54 PM
Hmm this point got me thinking. (scary I know&#33; Run&#33; Run while you still can :wacko: )
We have the Battle Arena for manips &#39;n stuff but a fanfic contest would be a good idea. Considering that most lurkers + the rest of us spend alot of time reading the wonderful fanfics, maybe this would be a way of getting people involved. We have the fanfic challenges but they&#39;re up to the individual author to decide upon. Maybe you webbies could issue a general challenge synopsis - the entries of which can be voted on by the readers. This could be another whole fun awards thing but some of the lurkers might be more inclined to join in coz it&#39;s involving the fanfiction. Whadayareckon?

Warunee
17th May 2004, 18:37
hlmilk

We been wanting to renovate NS for awhile now. We know about the broken links and unnecessary content. However, we haven&#39;t had time to do anything because of school and other personal stuff. We will be doing something big with the site soon though. Jules and I promise a bigger and better NS.

When it comes to the board I guess it&#39;s up to the individuals if they want to post or not. We&#39;ve been trying hard to get people to post more; as we&#39;ve been starting different threads, polls and even renewing the Role Playing forum. I guess we just have to face the fact that most people only come here to read fanfics. I really like your contest idea though. :)

Renee, I think your idea is really cool. I&#39;ll talk to Jules about it and see what we can come up with. ;)

Thanks guys&#33;

Jen1388
16th June 2004, 15:08

I like that idea&#33; Sounds like fun&#33;

I really can&#39;t wait to see what you guys are going to do with the site. It&#39;s so prefect and beautiful already.

Julie
16th June 2004, 18:11
We do now have a fanfiction challenge on the site, so jump into the contest there folks&#33;

We had a big contest forum with prizes but folks didn&#39;t join that, and was a bit too expensive for us to keep that going.

As for art contests, we can probably start one of those as well soon....

But keep those ideas coming folks and we&#39;ll be sure to take a look at them :)

slashything
18th February 2005, 06:11
The site it pretty great just as it is, but for those of us who don&#39;t go into every forum, it would have been nice to have gotten a heads up email about the change in requirements for reading. I&#39;m not very vocal with feedback to people I don&#39;t know, as I never want to chance offending someone. It would have been nice to know what was going on, rather than spending days thinking it was a site problem.

ashley
18th February 2005, 07:23
The site is great,the only sugguestion I have is that the news should be updated more. ;)

carebear72884
18th February 2005, 13:25
Originally posted by slashything@Feb 18 2005, 05:11 AM
The site it pretty great just as it is, but for those of us who don&#39;t go into every forum, it would have been nice to have gotten a heads up email about the change in requirements for reading. I&#39;m not very vocal with feedback to people I don&#39;t know, as I never want to chance offending someone. It would have been nice to know what was going on, rather than spending days thinking it was a site problem.
There was an email sent out, the day Jules and Wu changed the requirements, as far as I know nobody knew it was going to happen until then, even people who go into every forum.

Jinx_Jamerson
8th December 2005, 09:34
CHLEX BUDDY ICONS!!! FOR BOTH LJ AND AIM.

That'd be bloody fantastic. I'd do my happy dance.

Julie
8th December 2005, 15:17
Jinx, give me some dimensions (size of max height and width) and I'll see if I don't get some sparetime to do it, or perhaps others can, and can then just send them to me! :)

qazwsx
5th July 2011, 12:59
Hi, Just a quick thought - I hate reading a fic, only to realise it was never finished - either the author got blocked, or distracted by other things.... Can we have a new section - "Adopt a fic" or "ghost writers", where other writers can finish these stories off? I know some may hate this - their work being hijacked - but sometimes when I read stories, I feel like I'm emotionally invested - I need to know how stories end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Julie
5th July 2011, 16:14
Hi, Just a quick thought - I hate reading a fic, only to realise it was never finished - either the author got blocked, or distracted by other things.... Can we have a new section - "Adopt a fic" or "ghost writers", where other writers can finish these stories off? I know some may hate this - their work being hijacked - but sometimes when I read stories, I feel like I'm emotionally invested - I need to know how stories end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Sadly, a lot of the stories that are in the graveyard sections are never updated.

Authors can give their story up for adoption if they want to. The way we've usually done this so far is that the writer announces that s/he has a fic up for adoption, and then people can contact them directly.

If more authors want a system for this, we'll set something up! :)

red_lady
29th May 2012, 03:36
I think it would be nice to see the summary with the fic's title.

lexie
29th May 2012, 16:54
I think it would be nice to see the summary with the fic's title.

If you hover over the name of the fic and the summary's at the beginning of the post, you should be able to see, at least, part of it without having to open the thread. Also, there are authors who post summaries of their fics as part of their master lists here: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7630-Author-s-Master-Lists-A-list-with-their-written-stories?p=255527&viewfull=1#post255527

Artemis09
29th May 2012, 22:44
I think that this site is great already. I found the best Chlex fics here.
But some of you are right, the suggestions you all made are good. So what other suggestion can I make?

sydsvaughn
30th May 2012, 02:49
I often find myself coming back and looking for 'that Chlex fic' that stuck in my head and I suddenly want to re-read. I know there's a lot of stories here, but I always wondered if there was some way to create our "NS Archive" where there are just the stories--and not all the comments on them? Not that I don't love giving and getting feedback, but sometimes, I want to read the story without skimming through pages of comments. I know it's the message board style, and I know it's a lot of work, but it's always something I've thought about with this site. (Honestly, I thought about it three or four years ago in the Chlex heyday--and wondered how difficult it would be to create that archive).

I'm rambling now...but just thought I'd offer something that I think about now and then. Overall though, I LOVE this site, even if I don't visit as much as before. My Chlex love, and the love for everyone here will never die.

Sheliana
30th May 2012, 12:29
I often find myself coming back and looking for 'that Chlex fic' that stuck in my head and I suddenly want to re-read. I know there's a lot of stories here, but I always wondered if there was some way to create our "NS Archive" where there are just the stories--and not all the comments on them? Not that I don't love giving and getting feedback, but sometimes, I want to read the story without skimming through pages of comments. I know it's the message board style, and I know it's a lot of work, but it's always something I've thought about with this site. (Honestly, I thought about it three or four years ago in the Chlex heyday--and wondered how difficult it would be to create that archive).

I'm rambling now...but just thought I'd offer something that I think about now and then. Overall though, I LOVE this site, even if I don't visit as much as before. My Chlex love, and the love for everyone here will never die.

I have to admit that the message board fic is so completely not my cup of tea. This is the main reason why I don't read fic here as much as I would like to. I always prefer reading stories that are not interrupted by comments because sometimes skimming through pages looking for the next cphapter throws me out of the story completely. My favorite fic-reading place on the net is Archive Of Our Own, which is extremey user-friendly. And I spent about 90% of my fannish time there. I give feedback dutifully if a story has impressed me enough, so I think that when it comes to feedback, it doesn't matter much is a story is on a message board or in an archive. If readers want to comment, they will. If they don't want to commen't, they won't.
So, the bottomline is, I completely agree with you. I think it'd be great if there was a Chlex fic archive here.

lexie
30th May 2012, 20:00
I believe the creation of an archive was suggested in the past but turned down by Julie because of practical purposes; it must be a huge effort to go over so many posts on a forum as big as this one, considering the amount of stories that are online.

I suppose a half-way solution would be for authors to provide downloadable versions; I've done that myself posting links on my masterlist. By the way, I'll try to replace the old links as soon as I have the time to upload the fics to a server other than Megaupload. *wink*

micah_luther
23rd August 2012, 01:45
You can't help when posts become out of date, but I wish the videos worked or were kept up to date.

lit
23rd August 2012, 04:13
I don't have suggestions but I want to take this opportunity to compliment all of you that take care of this site, you're doing a great job. Thank you.

Julie
25th August 2012, 15:11
You can't help when posts become out of date, but I wish the videos worked or were kept up to date.

If the makers of those videos are still active on NS you can ask them to renew their links, but if they're not active here any more I'm afraid there's nothing I can do :(

I don't have suggestions but I want to take this opportunity to compliment all of you that take care of this site, you're doing a great job. Thank you.

Thank you, you're very welcome :)

tiffanie
21st September 2012, 02:51
This is the best Lex & Chloe site out there....love it!!!

MASCH
21st September 2012, 06:52
There's been a serious drawback in fanfiction being written lately but for a while, with the monthly challenges, there was a clear motive to write.
Maybe more challenges can be set, or requests for fics can be posted that authors can decide to adopt and write?

Julie
21st September 2012, 08:41
There's been a serious drawback in fanfiction being written lately but for a while, with the monthly challenges, there was a clear motive to write.
Maybe more challenges can be set, or requests for fics can be posted that authors can decide to adopt and write?

We stopped doing the fanfiction challenges because there were no interest in them, no one or too few would send in their challenge entry, and we use a lot of time organizing these things, so when no one participates it's hard to be motivated to do these and continue coming up with good challenges and such :/

We can do a lot of things to try and encourage people to post new fanfictions and/or update the ones already posted, but the bottom line will always be whether or not people have the time and interest to do that, and as of late, that trend seems to be that people are losing interest :(

Thank you for voicing your opinion though :)

hfce
25th September 2012, 05:50
We stopped doing the fanfiction challenges because there were no interest in them, no one or too few would send in their challenge entry, and we use a lot of time organizing these things, so when no one participates it's hard to be motivated to do these and continue coming up with good challenges and such :/

We can do a lot of things to try and encourage people to post new fanfictions and/or update the ones already posted, but the bottom line will always be whether or not people have the time and interest to do that, and as of late, that trend seems to be that people are losing interest :(

Thank you for voicing your opinion though :)

I will miss the Christmas advent calendar fics. :(

Julie
25th September 2012, 09:29
I will miss the Christmas advent calendar fics. :(

Well, if someone wants to write it, and can have 25 chapters sent to me before November 1st-ish, I'll set it up :)

red_lady
18th October 2012, 04:44
You guys are doing great, keep it up.

Artemis09
22nd October 2012, 22:22
I don't think that Naughty seduction needs improving. But its always good

msmasochst
25th October 2012, 15:09
I kind of drifted away from the fandom after the show ended, but for some reason I got to thinking about it again recently. My favorite on the site was always the advent fics, so while I am not a fanfic writer, I would love to see someone take that up :-)

letterbox
30th October 2012, 10:00
I think it's normal for things to slow down once a show ends.

sparrow
4th November 2012, 10:29
I agree with Zealot on th galleries. Definitely an interesting touch.