PDA

View Full Version : Wish I Could Warm Your Cold Heart (PG)

marrycherry
20th July 2003, 02:24
ok this is my first fic ever so i really need all the feedback you can give :biggrin: . A big thanks to my beta dsapiro and finally this is a fic based on the song 'cold cold heart' by Norah Jones.

Looking the rain falling outside her room Chloe was thinking about how every thing in your life is alright one minute, just to have it snatched away the next one.

I tried so hard, my dear, to show
that you're my every dream
Yet you're afraid each thing I do
Is just some evil scheme

Two weeks ago at the Luthor Manor….

“Hey sexy, I was thought we were going to meet at the Talon” said Chloe smiling at the doorstep of Lex’s study.

Lex with a dark expression on his face said to her : I’ve got to talk to you and I’d prefer to do it without interruptions

Now Chloe was really intrigued with his statement, Lex? What’s going on…

Do have a deal with my father?

‘Oh crap’ she thought but instead she said “So Lionel knows about us, I guess”

“Miss Sullivan I understand that he is telling the truth, you indeed have a deal with him, for what …me? He asked her in that irritant calm voice that pissed Chloe to no end.

But instead of answer his question, she said: “the bastard came here and told you some ancient news about a deal that’s been off waayyy before you even returned from your honeymoon from hell and suddenly I’M MISS SULLIVAN AGAIN?? She end up shouting.

A memory from your lonesome past
keeps us so far apart
Why can't I free your doubtful mind
and melt your cold, cold heart?

After all that happened to me, you think I have learned, but no, Lex Luthor has to learn it the hard way, he said, thinking out loud, and looking at Chloe with a smirk on his face he said “If you can’t deny your relationship with my father then you should understand why we can’t see each other anymore.

Another love, before my time,
made your heart sad an' blue,
and so my heart is paying now
for things I didn't do

Chloe stood there in shock looking at him, like she could see through him ‘Stop it Sullivan, say something or you’re going to loose him for good’

“Lex, please don’t let your father ruin our relationship, I didn’t tell you anything because when you finally returned, I was more worried about your well being that anything else. I swear that deal was off before I really began with it, that it was just a way of getting vengeance for that, you had to believe me, I’m telling you the truth here…”she finished with a whisper.

In anger, unkind words are said
that make the teardrops start
And melt your cold, cold heart?

‘It’s just that it hurts to much to know she hid something that big from me…I’m not going to be a fool for falling in love again, love is a weakness that a Luthor can not afford to have’

“Forget it Chloe, it’s been one time to many that I’ve been in a situation like this, but this time I going to put a end to it before you try to kill me on our honeymoon”

There was a time when I believed
that you belonged to me
but now I know your heart is shackled
to a memory

She was crying now and didn’t care but said in a sad tone: Oh my God!!! So this is it, this is you real reason, isn’t it Lex? It’s about Dr. Psycho and your hurt because she tricked you into believing she loved you…and now you are comparing me with her!!!!!

I used to believe that what we have is stronger than all those shadows of your past, I thought WE were stronger than that.

Well Miss Sullivan, obviously you were wrong.

“I’M NOT Lex, and I swear that I’m going to prove it to you” and with that she stormed out of the room.

It’s been two weeks since that fight at his place, at first she was too hurt from Lex’s mistrust to think clearly. Later she tried to talk to him but he wasn’t answering his cell phone and when she decided to go to the manor the only answer that she got was the butler saying “Mr. Luthor is in Metropolis, do you want to leave him a message?” She heard that line too many times so she stopped leaving a message that never got answered.

A week later….

She was at The Torch office trying to get her life back on track while she found a way to make certain bald billionaire listen to her, when Clark came in the office with a Talon bag in hand “Hey Chlo, I came with your special coffee delivery from the Talon”

Without looking at him, she said: “please Clark tell Lana that she doesn’t have to cheer me up with thousands of coffee deliveries, I’m gonna be OK, all I have to do is to force Lex to listen to me and understand this whole mess”

When she looked at him, Clark was looking at his feet deep in thought. Clark? What’s going on? She asked carefully.

It’s just that…Chloe, please just don’t freak OK?

Clark!!!! What the hell going on? It’s Lex isn’t it, is he alright?

Chlo, he left Smallville …….. forever

A couple of minutes passed before she even took a breath and Clark began to get scarred .. Chlo, say something..anything, please?

Is he in Metropolis? She whispered

No, his father bought LexCorp, it was on the news this morning and now Lex is working for him again, he sent him to a new division of LuthorCorp…in Tokyo.

She just stood up from her chair and walked to the window. Why couldn’t I save him Clark?, why?

He came from behind and put his arms around her shoulders while there stood in front of the window no one saying anything at all.

“…Well Miss Sullivan, obviously you were wrong.
I’M NOT Lex, and I swear that I’m going to prove it to you..”

‘I failed in the only thing that mattered’ and she cried for her lost love….

The more I learn to care for you
the more we drift apart
and melt your cold, cold heart?

The end

a/n ok i really hope you like it.... :chlexsign3:

scifichick774
20th July 2003, 04:29
*sniff*

Sadly, I could see that happening. Lex is so stubborn and so heartbroken from all his previous relationships, that he probably thought Chloe was going to treat him the same way.

And yet, I feel worse for Chloe. Poor chica.

Gemini
20th July 2003, 05:04
*watches heart break into itty bitty pieces then get stomped on*

That was really sad! It's nice to read a fic that ends in hearts and butterflies for a change... but it still gave me the sniffles. Very emotive writing by the way ;)

Val
20th July 2003, 05:43
That was sad. And I agree with scifichick774. I could so see it happening too...

Good fic!

hfce
20th July 2003, 07:24
Oh that was so sad :crygreen: but good.

Hope

drina
20th July 2003, 07:54
This thread is locked until there is a suitable rating. Pls PM me your rating.

Blaire023
21st July 2003, 17:26
*frowns* I hate this stupid forum.

But I liked the story.

~B

starmoon
14th May 2005, 22:23
this is a great story even if it ended so sadly. i hate lex for not listening to chloe and giving her a chance.

fluffyreigns
3rd July 2005, 22:30
That was really sad but a great story . Lex is a big poo head .

teejei
3rd July 2005, 22:51
ouch. *sniff*

*sweeps up pieces of her heart off the floor and scurries over to dark corner, tries to put them back together*

drat. they won't stick anymore.

great lil fic, though. :wub:

the masochist in me thanks you for her daily dose. :D

darkangel
5th July 2005, 01:15
I liked the story even though they did not end up together.