PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] The Countdown ( PG-13)

lexie
2nd August 2007, 17:57
Disclaimer: see Chapter 1

A/N: Here are four more chapters to keep you entertained until I can post a new instalment- hopefully next week. I´ve got to take my computer to the technician to fix a problem I have with the codecs.

CHAPTER 5: Watching Over Chloe

Enrico´s was a cosy and romantic Italian restaurant three blocks away from The Daily Planet- the worst choice for Valentine´s Day when your boyfriend´s just dumped you and the love of your life´s dining with the girl in whose shadow you´ve always lived. Still, Enrico´s ravioli were the closest thing to heaven Chloe had ever tasted, and she needed something to lift her spirits. Maybe she´d order a bottle of Cabernet in the bargain. She never drank but, what the hell, she needed to forget.

Lex had never dined at Enrico´s before but he had to admit they served the best fettuccini al pesto he had savoured in years, and their wine cellar left nothing to be desired. True, he would have enjoyed the food even more if he hadn´t been in his current predicament; he had kept a close eye on Chloe throughout the meal and noticed that she had ordered a second bottle of wine. He remembered she had always had mineral water with her meals and thought with a pang that she was deliberately trying to get drunk.

The time for dessert came and the blonde reporter ordered a tiramisu and a glass of cognac. She had developed a splitting headache once again and felt an uncomfortable pricking in her eyes. ´Don´t you dare start crying now, Sullivan. That´d be downright pathetic. You need an aspirin or something before your head explodes, ´ she said to herself, fishing a pill out of her bag and washing it down with a large gulp of cognac.

´What the hell is she doing mixing a pill with alcohol? ´ frowned Lex. ¨Bring me the check, please, ¨said Lex, waving to the waiter and handing him his Gold Visa.

¨Were you satisfied with the service, sir? ¨ asked the waiter.

¨Very. I´ll come back soon, ¨ answered Lex with a smile, keeping an eye on Chloe, who was finishing her dessert.

As soon as the waiter came back with the credit card, Lex got up and, picking up his overcoat, ambled to Chloe´s table.

¨Good evening, Chloe, ¨said Lex softly.

¨Lex? ¨asked a confused Chloe. ¨What are you doing here? ¨ she added with sad eyes.

¨Come, ¨ he responded, placing a hand on her shoulder and feeling her tremble. ¨I´ll see you home. ¨

¨Home? My accommodation´s ceased to exist, ¨slurred Chloe. ¨Zod, remember? ¨

¨You´re staying at the penthouse tonight, ¨answered Lex after taking a deep breath.

¨I´m not staying with you, Lex, ¨ she shook her head.

¨I´ll rent you a hotel room, then. ¨

¨I don´t want your charity, Lex. ¨

¨It´s not charity, Chloe. I´m just watching over you. You´re in no fit condition to be left alone tonight. ¨

¨You mean I´m drunk? ¨she chuckled.

¨Come on, Chloe. Take your coat and I´ll see you out, ¨he murmured.

¨Who´s appointed you my warden, Lex? ¨ she asked, raising her voice.

¨I´m just doing the honourable thing, Chloe. ¨

¨The honourable thing? ¨she echoed with glassy eyes. ¨Honour. Is there any of it left in you? ¨

¨Chloe... ¨ said Lex through clenched teeth, trying to control his temper. ¨Let´s not make a scene. ¨

¨Worried about your PR, Lex? By the way, where´s Lana? ¨

¨In Smallville. ¨

¨You´ve left her alone on Valentine´s Day? How unchivalrous of you, Lex! ¨ she answered ironically.

¨I could say the same about Olsen, ¨he snapped.

¨He´s dumped me. Satisfied? ¨she responded bitterly.

¨I´m sorry to hear that. ¨

¨I don´t want your pity, ¨ she said, standing up before stumbling and falling into Lex´s arms.

¨You´re staying at the penthouse, end of story, ¨he stated, helping her with her trench coat.

¨OK, you win, ¨ gave in a dizzy Chloe, leaning on him.

Once outside the restaurant, Lex hailed a cab and asked the taxi-driver to take them straight to the penthouse. He could have driven Chloe himself but she was in no condition to walk three blocks to get to the Porsche, which was parked in the underground garage of Luthorcorp.

While Lex chided himself for not doing what he had thought advisable at first- staying the hell away from the blonde- a drowsy Chloe asked herself how the evening had turned out with her sharing a cab with Lex of all people.

By the time the taxi got to Lex´s building, Chloe had fallen asleep on his left shoulder. He paid the cabbie and stirred Chloe gently to wake her up.

¨Lean on me. Do you think you can make it to the elevator? ¨

¨I´m not that drunk, Lex. ¨

¨What did you take with the cognac? ¨

¨A painkiller. ¨

¨You should know better than to mix alcohol with medicine, Chloe. ¨

¨I wasn´t thinking clearly, OK? Oh, God! I´ve got a terrible headache. ¨

¨You shouldn´t have drunk all that wine. You´ll have a hell of a hangover. ¨

¨ I´ve always wondered... How do you do it? ¨ asked Chloe once they were inside the elevator.

¨How do I do what? ¨

¨How do you hold your liquor? Because, let´s face it, you always seem to have a glass in your hand. ¨

¨Are you suggesting I´m a drunkard, Chloe? I also drink lots of mineral water, you know, ¨he smirked.

¨Oh, yeah, that expensive stuff in the small blue bottles. Tŷ Nant, right? ¨ she answered, leaning against the wall of the elevator.

¨Are you OK? ¨ he asked concerned.

¨I´ve always hated Valentine´s Day. All those red hearts, balloons and saccharine greeting cards... They suck! ¨ she stated, wiping the sweat off her brow. ¨When will we get there? ¨

¨We´re ten floors away, ¨he answered, placing a hand on her forehead. ¨I think you´ve got a temperature. Are you cold? ¨he asked, feeling her shiver.

¨A little, ¨she answered, trying to cover her embarrassment.

¨I´ll call my personal physician as soon as wet get to the penthouse. ¨

¨Don´t, ¨she responded, grabbing his wrist when he removed his hand, and letting it go as if scorched. ¨I´ll be fine. I just need some sleep. ¨

¨You don´t look well to me. ¨

¨I know what´s wrong with me, Lex. It´s my body. I recognise the symptoms. ¨

¨Are you pregnant? ¨he asked with a frown.

¨No! ¨she exclaimed outraged.

¨Here we are, ¨ he said when the elevator stopped at the top floor, relieved her answer had been negative. ¨Careful! ¨ he said when Chloe´s knees wobbled and he had to catch her before she went sprawling on the corridor floor. ¨Put your arms around my neck, ¨ he advised her.

¨What are you doing? ¨ she asked when he leant to pick her up.

¨What does it look like? ¨

¨I´m neither an invalid nor a bride, Lex. Put me down, ¨ she insisted.

¨Stop struggling and let me get the key card. ¨

¨Lex? ¨ she mumbled.

¨What? ¨

¨Hurry up. I think I´m going to be sick, ¨ retched Chloe the moment Lex inserted the key.

¨Hold on. We´ll get you to the toilet, ¨ he responded, depositing her on her feet and kicking the door shut.

Fifteen minutes later, a shaky and embarrassed Chloe broke into tears when Lex picked her up from the toilet floor after she emptied her stomach.

¨Come on, Chloe, ¨ he soothed her while she held onto him for dear life, letting the tears run down her mascara. ¨You need to take a shower to bring down the temperature. Do you think you can manage on your own? ¨

¨Mm, ¨she assented, releasing the grip on his shirt before swaying.

¨I don´t think so, ¨ he said, catching her. ¨ Look... Why don´t we do something? ¨ he suggested, sliding the shower screen. ¨Step into the cubicle with your clothes on if it makes you feel more comfortable. Once your temperature starts to come down, we´ll get you out and you can strip on your own. ¨

¨I´ve got nothing to put on. ¨

¨I´ll lend you something, and I´ll phone my doctor just to be on the safe side. I guess now you´ve thrown up you´ll get better. I hope you´ve learnt your lesson: no alcohol and pills in the future, ¨stated Lex, opening the hot water tap.

¨Lex, ¨murmured Chloe when the hot jet of water hit her, ¨why are you doing this? ¨

¨Clark and Olsen are two of the stupidest guys in this world, ¨he responded, looking into her green eyes, wondering whether the dampness he saw in them was due to the water from the shower or fresh tears. ¨ Don´t look at me that way, Chloe, ¨ he pleaded. ¨I don´t want to hate myself in the morning, ¨ he added, opening the cold water tap. ¨I didn´t mean for all this to happen, Chloe. I wish things were easier, ¨he confided, closing the tap and stretching out another arm to grab a clean bath towel with which to wrap her trembling body. ¨You can take off your wet clothes now. There´s a clean robe behind the door. I´ll go and get you something to sleep in tonight, ¨he finished, opening the bathroom door and making an escape before another look at her could put an end to his scruples.

lexie
2nd August 2007, 17:58
Disclaimer: see Chapter 1.

CHAPTER 6: Facing the Truth

¨How is she, doctor? ¨ asked Lex, when the man shut the guest room door.

¨I agree with the lady´s physician, Mr Luthor. She´s under a lot of stress. Everybody reacts to stressful situations in a different way. I´m going to prescribe her something to settle her stomach, but she only needs to rest. Make sure she drinks plenty of liquids. If she wakes up hungry, let her have something light: toast or soda biscuits will do, ¨answered the physician, picking up his overcoat and his bag.

¨I´ll see to everything. Thanks for coming over, doctor, ¨said Lex, shaking his hand at the door.

¨Don´t hesitate to call again, Mr Luthor. Goodnight. ¨

¨Goodnight, doctor, ¨greeted Lex before closing the front door.

The younger Luthor ran a hand over his scalp in despair. Why was it that every time he thought he had everything under control, the unexpected happened and put his life upside down? He had stayed in Metropolis that night to put things into perspective. He needed some time alone, away from the haunting thoughts of Chloe, Lana´s emotional demands and Lionel´s sudden interest in 33.1. Lex´s plan, however, had turned awry when the object of his romantic obsession chose to take a solitary walk around Metropolis.

He poured himself a tumbler of bourbon and lifted it up to his mouth, his lips twitched as he remembered her words on the lift. Maybe she was right. He had forgotten what it was like to really taste a drink without swallowing it in an attempt to shut out the voices in his head. He set the untouched tumbler down on the bar, turned off the lights and walked down the corridor to his room.

He went past Chloe´s bedroom and, all of a sudden, retraced his steps. He hesitated for a few minutes in front of the door before plucking the courage to grab the doorknob and open it just a crack. From the doorway he could see Chloe lying asleep on her right side. She looked adorable in one of his purple dress shirts and Lex felt a tug at his heart. He watched her sleeping form and wondered what it was she saw in him for he knew damn well he was no innocent and tender-hearted Clark.

¨Goodnight, Chloe, ¨ murmured Lex.

¨Lex, ¨mumbled a sleepy Chloe, fluttering her eyes open.

¨Everything´s fine, Chloe. Go back to sleep, ¨ he answered reassuringly, starting to shut the door.

¨Wait! ¨said Chloe, trying to sit up.

¨Do you want me to fetch you something, Chloe? Dr Robson said you should drink lots of liquid to stay well hydrated, ¨he responded, approaching the bed. ¨ I´ll bring you some juice, ¨he added, turning to leave.

¨I don´t want anything to drink, Lex, ¨she said, taking one of his hands and feeling her eyes turn watery.

¨Chloe..., ¨he begged her, ¨I can´t give you what you want. ¨

¨Why not? ¨she asked chokingly. ¨What has she got that I haven´t? ¨

¨Don´t do that, Chloe, ¨he pleaded, holding her gaze and sitting down on her bed. ¨It´s not a question of what she´s got that you haven´t. ¨

¨What is it, then? ¨she asked, letting her tears trail down her cheeks. ¨I don´t understand. You love me. I know you do. ¨

¨That´s precisely why this can´t be. ¨

¨Don´t you dare play the martyr with me, Lex Luthor. Is this your idea of a grand gesture? A sacrifice to save me from the big bad wolf? I´m a big girl, Lex, in case you haven´t noticed, ¨she shouted, grabbing him tightly by the shirt.

¨I´m just trying to protect you, Chloe, ¨he answered, taking her by the wrists.

¨I´m not Lana, Lex. I´m not a brittle piece of china that might get broken if it´s not handled with care. ¨

¨You´re my Achilles´ heel, Chloe, and that puts you in an extremely vulnerable position. ¨

¨And what if I don´t care? ¨ she asked, getting closer to him.

¨You don´t know what you´re saying, ¨ he answered, cupping her face in both hands.

¨What are you afraid of, Lex? ¨ she asked, fastening her green eyes on his grey-blue ones.

¨This is what I´m afraid of, ¨he answered, lowering his mouth to meet hers in a passionate kiss.

She tasted sweet, almost innocent, and Lex revelled in her inexperience. He tugged her lower lip softly and let her get used to him before the tip of his tongue claimed entrance to her mouth. He heard her moan and she returned the kiss with ardour. What she lacked in experience, she compensated with feeling, and Lex knew there would never be another woman who could make him feel like she did with just a kiss. Reluctantly, he finished it, tasting the salty tears on her lips.

¨I´m terrified of hurting you, Chloe, as I know I will if we ever get together. Every woman I´ve ever loved has ended up dead, and I´m way too deep in filth to be able to protect you. ¨

¨ What about Lana? Aren´t you afraid for her? ¨

¨It´s different, Chloe. I can handle Lana. ¨

¨You mean you can manipulate her, ¨she said bitterly.

¨Manipulation´s synonymous with Luthor, Chloe. You know it better than anybody. My father tried it on you and almost got you killed. You know yourself, Chloe. You´re curious by nature and not easily deterred. I´d never ask you to give up your profession to preserve you from harm if you got to close to the truth surrounding my dealings. You were right the other day. I can lie to Lana because I´m damn good at it- my father´s seen to that- but you can see through me and that scares me witless. ¨

¨Drop 33.1, Lex, ¨ she entreated him.

¨It´s too late, Chloe. I´m beyond redemption, ¨he said, getting up.

¨It´s never too late, Lex, ¨she sobbed, linking his fingers with hers.

¨You deserve better, Chloe, ¨he answered matter-of-factly, letting go of her fingers.

¨I don´t want better, ¨she looked him squarely in the eye.

¨Goodnight, Chloe, and rest. My chauffeur´ll drive you wherever you want tomorrow, ¨he finished, shutting the bedroom door firmly, but gently, behind him.

¨I hate you, Lex Luthor! ¨she screamed, smashing the alarm clock against the door, before dissolving in tears.

The following chapter´s short but necessary to see what our two favourite characters are thinking the morning after?

lexie
2nd August 2007, 17:59

CHAPTER 7: The Morning After

Chloe had cried herself to sleep, and she woke up to find the penthouse empty and a late breakfast waiting for her in the kitchen. The coward had slipped away sometime around sunrise, leaving her to face the morning after alone. He had scribbled a note informing her that her clothes were washed and pressed, and that she only had to pick up the phone to inform reception she was ready to leave for the chauffeur to bring the car to the front.

Chloe felt like throwing a tantrum and eyed the rare works of art in the living-room with a glint. What would it feel like to smash a Mink Dynasty vase to little pieces? Or pierce a hole in a Matisse with one of her high heels? A lot of different scenarios crossed her mind- many of which were worthy of Fatal Attraction? Leave it to Lex´s charm and a stolen kiss to stir a murderous streak in a peace-loving creature like her. ´Cool down, Sullivan. You´re a sensible woman and Lex´s already had his fair share of creepy female stalkers to last him a lifetime. You feel like wringing his neck, but- at least- he´s admitted to having deep feelings for you, so not everything´s lost. His plans to marry Lana may still be on but he hasn´t put a wedding ring round her finger yet. ´

Chloe picked up a freshly-baked croissant and, nibbling at it, went back to the guest room with her clean clothes. Twenty minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom showered and ready for an energizing cup of coffee with which to swallow down one of the pills Lex´s doctor had prescribed her. The rebel in her wanted to prolong her stay and demand he came back to his senses using any means necessary, but she knew it wasn´t the sensible thing to do. Despite her resentment towards Lana, she couldn´t stoop to using underhand tactics in order to snatch her boyfriend away from the princess- Chloe wouldn´t have appreciated that one bit had she been in Lana´s shoes. No, she would just have to have faith for both of them since Lex seemed to have given up on happiness. He had surrendered to his predestined dark path, but she was determined to show him he was still worth-saving.

Lex had left the penthouse a little before seven o´clock to escape from temptation. He was aware that being around the blonde reporter was playing with fire and that he could handle casual encounters in Smallville but not at close quarters in Metropolis. He relived what had happened at the penthouse the previous night and berated himself for being so weak. Kissing her had been a mistake for, now that he knew what heaven tasted like, he would find it extremely hard to make do with the pale reflection that was Lana. He cared for the brunette, but he had never and would never love her the way he did Chloe.

lexie
2nd August 2007, 17:59

CHAPTER 8: Venting

A week had gone by since Valentine´s Day and Chloe was fuming. Lois hadn´t stopped pestering her 24-7, prying into her private affairs- namely into her romantic life. It didn´t help that Jimmy had stopped calling or sending her flowers, a fact that had given her older cousin food for thought. Things had got even worse when Lex started to make himself scarce to the extreme of requesting Lois to bring the daily numbers to the mansion. Chloe was seriously considering seeking him out and asking Lana to join them to put an end to the farce. Chloe was so afraid of blurting the truth to the former prom queen that she avoided her and ignored her text messages and frequent calls.

U2 was blaring out of the loudspeakers in the apartment above The Talon when Lois walked on a flushed Chloe, who was standing in the middle of a trashed bedroom.

¨What the heck, Chlo´! ¨shouted Lois, turning off the stereo.

¨Don´t worry, Lois. I haven´t touched your stuff, ¨ said Chloe with a strained voice, dropping the only cushion whose stuffing wasn´t lying scattered on the floor.

¨If you felt like venting, why didn´t you just drive to the middle of a cornfield to scream your lungs out? ¨

¨I didn´t want to scare any cows, ¨ she murmured.

¨What happened in Metropolis on Valentine´s Day? ¨ asked Lois, sitting on a stool. ¨And don´t lie to me this time. ¨

¨Clark came to The Planet. He was really pissed off, ¨she sniffed.

¨Lana, right? ¨

¨ Who else? Sometimes, I just hate her, ¨ answered a venomous Chloe.

¨You sound bitter. If you dislike her so much, why have you accepted to be her bridesmaid? ¨

¨I wanted to prove something. ¨

¨To whom? ¨

¨To me. ¨

¨This isn´t just about Clark, is it? Did you see Lex when you stayed in Metropolis last week? ¨

¨Lex? ¨ asked Chloe, trying to hide her embarrassment. ¨Why do you ask? ¨ she added, busying herself with the broken pieces of china lying on the kitchen floor.

¨I´m not a fool, cuz. You´ve both been playing hide-and-seek for too long and Lana was here this morning when you were out. ¨

¨Lana? ¨asked Chloe interested. ¨What did she say? ¨

¨Not much. She looked crossed. She said you´ve missed your fitting at the dressmaker´s and that you haven´t answered her calls. ¨

¨Oh! ¨she answered disappointed.

¨What were you expecting her to say? Why aren´t you honest with her? Your behaviour´s so out of character, Chloe. If you feel uncomfortable being her maid of honour, why don´t you just tell her? ¨

¨It isn´t so easy, Lois, ¨she responded, her eyes brimming with tears. ¨How am I supposed to tell a girl who considers me her friend that I´m in love with her soon-to-be husband and that my feelings aren´t exactly unrequited? ¨

¨So I was right! ¨smiled Lois. ¨There´s something going on between you two. Did you and Lex... you know... when you were in Metropolis? ¨ asked Lois, arching an eyebrow.

¨No! Nothing happened- that is if you don´t consider the kiss we shared, ¨ confided a blushing Chloe.

¨ You kissed? ¨ exclaimed her cousin. ¨Who made the first move? ¨

¨ Well, I shouted at him for being so pig-headed and then I... grabbed him by the shirt. ¨

¨Wow, Chlo!´. I didn´t know you had it in you! ¨

¨I was drunk, Lois. ¨

¨Dutch courage then. ¨

¨But he was the one who started the kiss. ¨

¨What was it like? ¨

¨Heaven and hell. Why does he have to be such a gentleman? Damn his scruples! ¨ exclaimed Chloe, blowing her nose.

¨ We´ve got to do something, Chlo´. ¨

¨Wrong. You´ve got to stay the hell out of this, Lois. This is something that Lex and I have to figure out on our own, ¨she said gravely. ¨Promise me you won´t do anything crazy, Lo´, ¨she added, watching her speculatively.

¨I promise I won´t ruin any chances you two might have to be together. ¨

¨Lois..., ¨ warned Chloe. ¨ Do you want me to phone the General and tell him you´re meddling in affairs that might get you killed? ¨

¨All right, all right, ¨said Lois resignedly, before their conversation was cut short by the ring of a mobile phone.

¨It´s not mine, ¨ said Chloe. ¨It´s off and, besides, I´d never had chosen that ringtone. ¨

¨What´s wrong with it? Let me see where I´ve left it, ¨ responded Lois, rummaging through the debris. ¨Would you give me a hand, Chloe? ¨she asked exasperatedly.

¨Why don´t you ever put it where you can find it? Here it is, ¨said Chloe, handing her the mobile.

¨Hi, Ollie! ¨murmured Lois seductively when she read the number on the caller ID.

¨Ollie? ¨answered Clark with a frown. ¨It´s Clark, Lois. ¨

¨I know. I should have called you before. We´re still on for tonight, aren´t we? ¨

¨What the hell are you talking about, Lois? ¨

¨Have you missed me? ¨

¨That´ll be the day! Who´s there with you? ¨

¨Lo´, I´m going out, ¨whispered Chloe, picking up her handbag and the Beetle´s keys.

¨Bye! ¨said Lois.

¨Wait! Don´t hang up! I´ve got to talk you, ¨ rushed Clark.

¨Don´t worry, Smallville. I needed to get rid of my cousin, ¨she explained.

¨How is she? ¨ asked a worried Clark.

¨What do you think? She doesn´t deserve your cold shoulder, Clark. Have you ever thought how difficult this whole affair´s for her? ¨

¨I´ve blown it, Lois. I´ve hurt her feelings and I don´t know how to make amends. ¨

¨You bet! Still not everything´s lost, Smallville. How bad do you want to patch things up with my cuz? ¨

¨I´m open to suggestions, even from you, Lois. That´s the reason of my phone call. ¨

¨I may have an idea. ¨

¨I´m all ears. ¨

¨Not on the phone, Smallville. I´ll meet you at the barn in... say... half an hour? ¨ she said with a broad smile.

Kit Merlot
2nd August 2007, 19:07
Well I do like Lois' worrying over Chloe and trying to find out why she's so upset. I did like that Lois told off Clark, and I have a suspicion she is going to try and get Chloe and Lex together.

I did like the Chlex conversation, and that Lex admitted to being afraid of hurting Chloe, but I think Chloe needs to forget trying to be friends with Lana. You just know that Lana is going to be uber-bitchy to Chloe for missing a fitting.:D

malugargula
2nd August 2007, 23:44
Lex said that Clark and Olsen are two of the stupidest guys in this world... He`s wrong... he`s the stupidest one... he proposed to Lana
This is just disgusting...
LOL
I loved the chapters... Lex must suffer for all his stupid decisions, but after that he and Chloe should be together
;)
I hope Lois`s plan include a very jealous and angry Lex
Please more soon and thanks for giving us 4 amazing chapters

dagney
4th August 2007, 14:25
Enjoying this. see Lana loves clark andlex loves Chloe so if they both see Clark and Chloe getting closer I wonder which one will break it off to get back their Love. I think Lois will ask Clark to go along with the pretending to be winning Chloe. Dagney

Shy Butterfly
4th August 2007, 19:27
I'm glad that you updated!

Clark really is an idiot for being angry with Chloe and Chloe is suffering so much!

Please update soon again!

hfce
5th August 2007, 03:04
That was some great update. Chloe girl give it up. You can't be friends with your rival. :)

lexie
9th August 2007, 16:51

A/N: thanks a bunch for your encouraging reviews. A special thanks to those of you who´ve responded to my invitation to visit my brand-new Lex website. A very very very special thanks to Kit for becoming the first member. If interested, check my profile.:grin3:

Now, on with the fic. Here are two chapters to start the thing heating. I´m afraid there won´t be Chlex interaction until next week, but I believe you´ll enjoy Lois´ Yago to Lex´s Othello. Kidding, I´m no Shakespeare. Well, anyway, you understand what I´ve meant with the metaphor.

CHAPTER 9: Plotting

The Barn- Kent Farm

¨Are you insane? ¨ shouted an outraged Clark.

¨Why? Admit it, Smallville, this is our only way out. ¨

¨I don´t think... ¨

¨Come on, Clark. You´ve said it yourself. Lex seduced Lana just to spite you. ¨

¨But she didn´t exactly resist him. What if she´s actually in love with him? ¨

¨Are you listening to you? Lana doesn´t know what she wants. Men can be so thick sometimes. ¨

¨And what makes you think I´d do anything to place Chloe near Lex´s clutches? ¨

¨You care about her. ¨

¨All the more reason for me to do whatever´s in my power to protect her from him. ¨

¨And what if this is what they both want. ¨

¨What are you talking about? ¨

¨Clark, do I need to spell it out for you? ¨

¨But he´s with Lana. They´re getting married. ¨

¨Future tense, Smallville. They haven´t exchanged vows yet. ¨

¨You´re nuts. ¨

¨I´ve been called worse. ¨

¨He can´t love Chloe. It must be one of his games again. He´s just trying to get to me, Lois. ¨

¨You´re full of yourself, aren´t you? Wake up, Smallville! The world doesn´t revolve around Clark Kent. Don´t let your enmity towards Lex blind you. Despite some of his questionable deeds, he´s as human as you are, Clark. Therefore, he´s got the right to fall in love. And why not with Chloe? If there´s anyone who can save Lex from himself that´s my cousin. I wouldn´t like to hurt your feelings, Clark, but Miss Pompom doesn´t have what it takes to be with a man like Luthor. ¨

¨I´m not kidnapping Lana, Lois. It´s the craziest plan you could come up with. ¨

¨OK. So kidnapping´s out of the question. It appears you aren´t so desperate to save Lana from making the biggest mistake in her life after all. ¨

¨I´m still willing to do something about it, but I need proof of this alleged love of Lex for Chloe. ¨

¨Great! ¨exclaimed Lois, rubbing her hands together.

¨I don´t see what´s so great about it. What was wrong with Jimmy Olsen? ¨

¨He´s just a good boy; ´Boy´ being the operative word here. He had no chance against cue ball. Lex might have inherited some of his father´s worst traits, but you can´t deny he´s a fascinating man. He´s got looks, brains and money. What else could a girl ask for? ¨

¨Don´t tell me you´ve got a crush on him, too. What would Oliver say? ¨

¨A girl´s allowed to look, isn´t she? Now... are you a man of your word, Smallville? If I get you proof... ¨

¨I´ll think about it. ¨

lexie
9th August 2007, 16:54

CHAPTER 9: Desperate Measures

Three days had gone by since her secret meeting with Clark, and Lois was getting desperate. The engagement party was just a week away and stress was taking its toll on Chloe. Not only did she have trouble sleeping- her tossing and turning was driving Lois mad- but she had also lost a few pounds. At that rate, the dress Chloe was supposed to wear to the party would have to be taken in a couple of times. Moreover, Lana had been to The Talon a few times and was starting to get suspicious about the reasons behind Chloe´s out-of-character behaviour. Lois thought it was high time she took the bull by the horns and, since desperate times call for desperate measures, she decided to play her trump card.

¨This will cover the week´s expenses, ¨said Lex, signing a cheque.

¨We´re done, then, ¨answered Lois, stashing the cheque away.

¨Are you OK, Lois? You look peaked . Have you been sleeping well of late? ¨

¨You´ve got an acute sense of observation, Luthor. ¨

¨What´s bothering you, if I may ask? ¨

¨Are you offering your services as a confidant? ¨

¨Only if you want them. ¨

¨It´s a rather delicate matter, and it´s something of a very personal nature. ¨

¨Do you need money? ¨

¨No! ¨

¨Because if you do, I´m more than willing to help. ¨

¨Even after Lucy got away with $50,000 of yours? ¨

¨You aren´t your sister, Lois. ¨

¨Thanks, Luthor, but I´m not in any financial straits. ¨

¨Then, if it´s not money, there are only two more options left, and I´m inclined to believe the most probable has to do with ´love´. Am I right? Are there any problems in paradise? ¨

¨You´ve got me, ¨ responded Lois, drawing a handkerchief out of her right pocket and wiping a couple of fake tears away.

¨I´m not surprised if Queen´s involved. You could do better, Lois. He´s always treated girls like toys. ¨

¨The pot calling the kettle black. ¨

¨I´ve been an ass more times than I care to admit. I´ve lost count of how many pairs of diamond earrings I´ve given out in my lifetime, but that´s over now. I´ve grown up, and now it´s time for me to settle down. But we weren´t talking about me... ¨

¨Right. We were talking about Oliver, the playboy womaniser, and my cousin Chloe, ¨she stated, feigning a bitter tone.

¨Chloe? ¨ asked Lex, trying to keep a cool mask of composure and hoping the slight crack in his voice hadn´t given him away.

´Got you, Luthor! ´ smirked Lois at Lex´s back while she watched him pour himself a drink. ¨Yeah! Can you believe it? My boyfriend and my own cousin. ¨

¨The bastard! ¨said Lex through clenched teeth.

¨My thoughts exactly, Luthor. I don´t blame my cuz. He took advantage of her. You know, she hasn´t been the same of late. I´ve tried to get the truth out of her without any luck, but I could tell she was lovesick. She was on the rebound and an easy prey. And you´ve got to admit Queen´s a hunk. ¨

¨One doesn´t take advantage of a girl when she´s at her most vulnerable, ¨snapped Lex, chiding himself for being such a hypocrite. He had done exactly the same thing to Lana.

¨I´m worried, Lex. I´m my father´s daughter and I know how to weather the most difficult of storms, but I´m not sure Chloe´ll survive another romantic setback once he decides to move to greener pastures. ¨

¨I´m glad you´ve confided in me, Lois. Put your mind at rest. I´ll take care of Queen. ¨

¨What do you mean you´ll take care of him, Luthor? ¨ asked Lois with a frown.

¨Do you trust me, Lois’? ¨

¨Chloe trusted you once with her life and you didn´t fail her. That´s good enough for me. ¨

¨I won´t kill Queen if that´s what you´re worried about, but I´ll make sure he doesn´t hurt your cousin, ¨ he added, tightening the grip on his tumbler.

´Oh, yeah! He won´t hurt Chloe, but he´ll kill me when he finds out what I´m up to. ´ ¨Thanks for everything, Luthor, ¨responded Lois, picking up her handbag.

¨You´re more than welcome, Lois, ¨ he said, showing her to the door. ¨ You´ve received the invitation, haven´t you? ¨

¨Yes. ¨

¨Listen, Lois. There´s no need for you to come alone. You´re free to bring someone along now that Queen and you are no longer an item. ¨

¨Thanks. I´ll think about it. ¨ ´I´ve got the man for the job, but something tells me he won´t agree to be my escort if this plan falls through.´

As soon as he heard the front door of the mansion close, Lex retraced his steps to the wet bar and poured himself a second scotch. He swallowed the drink in one large gulp and, overcome by a deep feeling of rage, he swung round and smashed the tumbler into the fireplace.

´Damn, Chloe! Why couldn´t you just patch things up with the innocuous Olsen? Hell, I could even do my best to stomach you being with Clark; at least I´d be sure you were safe. ´

¨Good afternoon, son. You look out of sorts. Is everything all right?¨ said Lionel on entering the study unannounced.

´God! I´m in no mood for this right now. ´ ¨Dad, what have I done now? I can assure you there have been no break-ins in any Luthorcorp facilities these last few days. ¨

¨I´m not here on business, Lex. There´s something of a personal nature we need to discuss. ¨

¨For whose benefit is this father-and-son bonding farce, dad? ¨

¨I´m worried about you, Lex. You´re losing your touch. I thought I´d taught you better. ¨

¨I´m afraid you´ll have to speak clearer, dad. What is it that you don´t approve of now? ¨

¨Are you having an affair with another woman? ¨

¨Pardon? ¨asked a poker-faced Lex.

¨You should be more careful around your girlfriend, Lex. I don´t know what´s going on between you two, but she appears to have doubts about where you affections lie. She was very straight-forward about it. ¨

¨Lana went to see you? ¨asked a stranged Lex.

¨She did. Surprising, isn´t it? I used to be the Luthor who commanded the most fear. Be careful, Lex. Don´t repeat my mistakes, son, unless you want to end up alone. I suggest you talk with Lana to clear the air. ¨

¨The words of a true sage. ¨

¨ Don´t be ironic, Lex. Let´s say I believe you haven´t betrayed Miss Lang in deed, but can you truly deny there´s someone else in your heart? ¨

¨Are you planning on writing for The Inquisitor´s Problem Page now? ¨he asked with a smirk.

¨I know you, Lex. I´ve taught you everything. You can´t fool your old man. Who is she? ¨

¨I think we´re done, ¨answered Lex with a scowl.

¨I´m aware you care for Lana, Lex. But do you love her? You know, you´re still in time to back off, son. ¨

¨I´m not having this conversation with you, dad. Don´t delude yourself, you aren´t a Kent yet- although you´re starting to sound like Clark´s mum. Now, if you´ll excuse me, I´ve got things to do. You can see yourself out. ¨

¨Think carefully, son. It´d be a pity to err a third time around. If anything, my coming here today has shown me that glassware would be the perfect wedding gift no matter who you decide to marry in the end, wouldn´t you say, Lex? ¨ stated Lionel on eying the splinters scattered on the wooden floor near the fireplace.

¨Goodbye, dad, ¨answered Lex, sitting back at his desk and turning on his laptop.

Lionel was right; he was losing his touch. He had let his emotions blind him. His mind was so full of Chloe that he couldn´t think straight. Not only had he forgotten Lana´s favourite celebration, he must have inadvertently given her clues as to what he was actually feeling. It appeared his mask of cool detachment had slipped on occasion; he just hoped he hadn´t betrayed the identity of the one woman who was constantly in his thoughts. He´d have to talk with Lana eventually but, for the time being, there was something more urgent to that demanded his attention: getting Chloe away from Queen´s clutches.

Kit Merlot
9th August 2007, 17:29
I like that Lois has tricked Lex into betraying is feelings for Chloe. And good for him for wanting to hurt Oliver for hurting Chloe--I just hope that nothing too bad happens to Oliver.

But what is up with Clark? I would think he'd be salivating at the thought of taking Lana from lex--could it be that he's realizing that Lana isn't this great prize?

malugargula
9th August 2007, 18:22
Wonderful update
:)
I liked the Clois chapter and I loved Lois plot
LOL
How will Oliver react to this???
And I think Lionel is interesting when he`s a good guy
I can`t wait for more
Please please come back soon
;)

superag
9th August 2007, 19:56
This is gett ing to be an interesting trip of twists and turns. Looking forward to the next part.

Shy Butterfly
10th August 2007, 13:59
Great update!

I hope to read more soon!?

Nyx
10th August 2007, 17:50
So lets recapitulate:

Lex is marring Lana, but he loves Chloe. She returns the feeling but because he is afraid of hurting her, he turns to Lana.

Lana on the other side is with Lex after braking up with Clark, so she is not really sure of her feelings, on where she stands.

Lois to try and help her dear cousin implicates her own boyfriend in the mess, that will probably get hurt by Lex.

This is hilarious!!!!

¨You´ve got me, ¨ responded Lois, drawing a handkerchief out of her right pocket and wiping a couple of fake tears away.

Is she such a good actress that Lex didn't pick up on it?

´Oh, yeah! He won´t hurt Chloe, but he´ll kill me when he finds out what I´m up to. ´ ¨Thanks for everything, Luthor, ¨responded Lois, picking up her handbag.

there was something more urgent to that demanded his attention: getting Chloe away from Queen´s clutches.

So isn't Lois a little bit worried with what might happen with Oliver? And Lex what is he going to do?

Next chapter please!

dagney
11th August 2007, 01:42
¨You´re full of yourself, aren´t you? Wake up, Smallville! The world doesn´t revolve around Clark Kent. Don´t let your enmity towards Lex blind you. Despite some of his questionable deeds, he´s as human as you are, Clark. Therefore, he´s got the right to fall in love. And why not with Chloe? If there´s anyone who can save Lex from himself that´s my cousin. I wouldn´t like to hurt your feelings, Clark, but Miss Pompom doesn´t have what it takes to be with a man like Luthor. ¨

I loved this bit . I also liked Lionel adding his words of advise. dagney

lexie
16th August 2007, 17:08

A/N: Some of you may have found Lois´ ability to deceive Lex hard to believe, taking into account who he is. Still, he´s been known to fall for other women´s lies, and this is just what I needed for my fic. The characters may appear OOC sometimes but believe me, there´s a reason for everything.:grin3:

A huge thank you to those of you who´ve joined my new Lex website!

Now, here´s this week´s three-part instalment. Enjoy and keep those reviews coming! I love them.

CHAPTER 11: The Bait

Lex´s engagement was six weeks away and Chloe was finding it really hard to concentrate. The atmosphere at work didn´t help matters either. Miss Kahn was more strung-up than usual and demanded she come up with a good story or interview before the weekend or else she´d end up writing obituaries again. Chloe couldn´t blame the editor since her romantic life- if pining for a thick-headed billionaire could actually be called as such- was wrecking havoc on her professional life. She spent hours giving shape to a single paragraph before pressing ´delete´ and starting over again. Meanwhile, Jimmy roamed the newsroom like a lovesick puppy, throwing yearning glances her way.

Chloe had developed a splitting headache, which seemed to worsen as the hours went by and her gaze strayed of its own accord to the building across the street - a constant reminder of the object of her obsession. ´You´re pathetic, Sullivan. You´ve got to pull yourself together. Damn monthly cycle! Don´t you dare burst into tears in front of everybody! What time is it? Four o´clock.An hour to go. You can do it, Sullivan. Oh, hell! What am I going to give Kahn before the week´s over?´

Suddenly her musings were interruptedby the sound of her mobile. She checked the caller ID and flipped the phone open.

¨Hi, Lo´! ¨ she answered, trying her best to appear cheerful.

¨Hi, cuz! How are you? ¨ asked a worried Lois.

¨Mulling over an article for Sunday´s edition, ¨ said Chloe, locking herself up in the photocopying room.

¨You sound desperate. ¨

¨I am. My head is bursting and I´ve got less than twenty-four hours to find something decent to print. ¨

¨Are you open to suggestions, cuz? ¨

¨Have you got any ideas, Lois? I´m willing to put your name next to mine as co-author if you help me out. ¨

¨How about an interview with a playboy billionaire?¨

¨I don´t feel like joking, Lois. I´m dying here. ¨

¨I´m not talking about Luthor. Would you like an exclusive interview with the CEO of Queen Enterprises? ¨

¨An interview with Oliver? I don´t know, Lois. He and Lex don´t... ¨

¨It doesn´t necessarily have to be about business. Ollie´s involved in a lot of charity work, Chlo´. Besides, you don´t owe anything to Lex. You aren´t his fiancée or anything. ¨

¨Gee, Lois, thanks for lifting my spirits! ¨

¨What have you got to lose? Say ´yes´ and it´s done, Chlo´. ¨

¨He´s a very busy guy, Lois.¨ ¨He´s the freaking Green Arrow- for God´s sake! ¨

¨He owes me, cuz, for standing me up so many times in the past; and he´s quite fond of you. ¨

¨OK, OK. But it´s got to be tonight for me to be able to transcribe the interview and write the profile in time. ¨

¨Put your mind at rest, Chlo´. I´ll phone you with the details. ¨

¨Thanks, Lo´. You´ve saved me. ¨

¨You´re welcome, cuz. ¨ ¨Well, step two´s been taken care of. Now, we´ll have to see if cue ball bites. ¨

lexie
16th August 2007, 17:09

CHAPTER 12: Otherwise Engaged

´The Lighthouse´ was the best restaurant in Metropolis if you happened to like fish and seafood dishes cooked by a cordon bleu chef. Chloe preferred Italian cooking any day, but she wasn´t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. She had imagined Oliver more like a ´game´ person- given the fact he was so fond of archery- but she couldn´t say she hadn´t felt relieved when Lois gave her the name of the restaurant. Italian food would have reminded her of the last time she was with Lex, and the whole purpose of meeting Oliver would have gone awry.

¨Good evening, Chloe, ¨said a smiling Oliver, giving her a kiss on the cheek and a big hug. ¨ Have you thought over our offer to be part of the team?¨he murmured in her ear.

¨I have no superpowers, Oliver. ¨

¨Neither do I. ¨

¨Yeah, well, I feel I can do more with my word processor, ¨she answered, her face breaking into a big smile. ¨However, I´m more than willing to help you on occasion. My investigative and computer skills may come in handy, ¨ she added, letting herself be guided to their table by Queen.

¨You´ve proved it, Chloe. How are you? I wouldn´t like to sound insensitive, but you look a little off colour, ¨he said with a note of concern in his voice.

¨I´ve been under a lot of pressure lately. My doctor´s advised me to slow down, but you know us, Oliver. Lois and I are non-stopping dynamos, ¨she explained once sitting.

¨I agree. And you´re both relentless, ¨he said laughing. ¨How´s Clark? ¨

¨I haven´t seen him in a while, ¨she answered gravely. ¨We´ve kind of fallen out. ¨

¨What´s happened? ¨

¨You´re a relatively new addition to the gang, Oliver, but you know what- or I should say who- makes Clark tick, ¨she responded bitterly.

¨Lana Lang, right? He should have let me have my way with Lex when he had the chance. We would have killed two birds with one stone. ¨

¨You shouldn´t be talking that way, ¨stated a sober Chloe, swallowing the lump in her throat. ¨None of us are perfect and, no matter what our mistakes are, nobody deserves to meet an untimely death. Be honest, Oliver, even you aren´t clean enough to pass judgement on Lex. ¨

¨I´m trying to make amends for my past. I´m not proud of many of the things I´ve done in my life but, at least, I´m doing something positive now. ¨

¨Try to control your protective instincts, Sullivan. I know you´d love to show him that not everything Lex´s ever done is questionable. Lex´s helped us all more than once. Hell, Sullivan, you owe him your life and you were just a friend of a friend to him then- or, at least, that´s what you thought. Don´t be so sanctimonious, Queen. Lex´s resentment towards you´s more than justified, my friend. You made his life at Excelsior a living hell. He deserves a second chance just as much as you do. ¨ ¨That´s the reasonI want to interview you, Oliver. ¨

¨You know I can´t speak about what I do in my spare time. ¨

¨I´m talking about what Queen Enterprises does to help people that are in bad need of a hand, Oliver, not about your extra curricular activities, ¨ she smiled sweetly.

¨Right. Tell you what... let´s enjoy dinner first and then you can come home with me and ask me about my charity work, ¨ he answered, covering Chloe´s hand with his and giving it a squeeze.

¨Are you flirting with me, Oliver? You know, Lois wouldn´t like this one bit. ¨

¨I´m just trying to help my girlfriend´s cousin, Chloe. You seem to confuse me with Lex. I haven´t got any secret agendas. ¨

¨I´m not here to talk about Luthor, Queen, ¨ blurted Chloe. ¨Let is slide, Queen. Don´t you dare read between the lines. And you, Sullivan, shut up. You´re practically giving yourself away- for God´s sake! ¨

¨Right. I´m a much more interesting subject than Luthor, ¨sneered Queen.

¨You don´t need the PR, Oliver. You´ve already got Lois for that. Besides, don´t forget I know who you really are. Now... shall we order? ¨ she asked, starting to browse the menu. ¨What would you recommend? ¨

¨Have you broken up with Olsen? ¨

¨Is that on the menu, Queen? ¨

¨I´m intrigued... ¨

¨I´m not willing to discuss my private life with you, Queen. ¨

¨So I was right. You´re no longer an item, ¨he said, smiling.

¨What do you care? You´re with Lois and, even if you weren´t, I wouldn´t be interested. I think, I´ll have a shrimp cocktail. ¨

¨Why not? ¨

¨You´ll order the same, then. ¨

¨No, I mean why wouldn´t you be interested in me? ¨

¨God, Queen! What makes you think you´re irresistible to every member of the female population? Wouldn´t you rather have sole? ¨

¨That´s a question for Luthor, Chloe. I think I still have one. ¨

¨I meant ´sole´ as in ´fish´, Oliver. And why don´t you stop talking about him? ¨

¨What´s the matter, Chloe? If I´m not wrong, you helped us break into Luthorcorp. Has anything changed that I need to know? ¨

¨I accepted having dinner with you because I was in desperate need of an interview, Queen, and I´m starting to regret listening to my cousin. ¨

¨I thought you liked me. ¨

¨You have a cool uniform, Queen, but... ¨

¨I´m not Clark. ¨

¨You aren´t Clark. Nobody´s like Clark, ¨she murmured.

¨What about Lex? ¨

¨What about him? ¨she asked, concentrating on the menu and hoping her face didn´t show the nervousness she was feeling.

¨Do you think he´s cool like me? ¨

¨I said your ´uniform´ is cool, Oliver. ¨

¨Ouch! That hurt, Miss Sullivan ¨

¨You´ve asked for it, Queen. ¨

¨So you think he is cool. ¨

¨Your words not mine, Oliver, ¨she answered, taking a sip of white wine to hide her blushing.

¨Why did you break up with Olsen, Chloe? ¨

¨I had the impression I was the reporter, ¨she said, setting down her glass.

¨You should know better than to fall in love with Lex. ¨

¨I don´t like this line of questioning, Queen. Either you shut up and order, or you´ll experience what´s like to be stood up in the middle of one of Metropolis´ most exclusive restaurants, ¨ she responded grimly.

¨He´s going down, Chloe. He´s spread 33.1 over the five continents. The League´s managed to break into six facilities so far. He has no scruples, Chloe. ¨

¨Oh, but he has, Queen- at least as far as I´m concerned. No matter what you or he believes, he isn´t completely lost- not yet. ¨ ¨Excuse me, Oliver, I´ve got to answer this one, ¨ said Chloe when she heard her mobile ring and saw the name on the display.

¨Saved by the bell, ¨said Queen under his breath.

¨What has he done to upset you, Chloe? ¨asked Lex tersely over the phone.

¨Who are you talking about, Lex? ¨responded Chloe after leaving the table and finding a secluded place to answer the call.

¨Don´t insult my intelligence, Chloe. You´re dning with him. ¨

¨Where are you? Are you following me now? ¨she asked, roaming the restaurant with her eyes.

¨I´m close enough to see you´re not enjoying the company. ¨

¨What are you doing in Metropolis on a Friday evening, Lex? ¨

¨Watching over you. I won´t let him hurt you, Chloe. ¨

¨I´d have to feel something for the guy to give him that power over me, Lex. ¨

¨He doesn´t seem to agree with you, ¨he barked. ¨He was all over you. ¨

¨All over me? ¨echoed Chloe. ¨He only grabbed my hand once. What were you watching? ¨ she asked with a sigh.

¨His body language speaks volumes. ¨

¨Have you broken up with Lana? ¨

¨What has Oliver Queen got to do with Lana? ¨

¨Nothing and everything. You´re speaking like a jealous lover and, the last time I checked, you were otherwise engaged. ¨

¨You deserve better than me or Queen, Chloe. ¨

¨We´ve been over this, Lex. I haven´t changed my mind. If you weren´t so pig-headed, it could be you sitting at the table with me tonight.¨

¨Get out of that restaurant, Chloe. I´m taking you home. ¨

¨You may own my heart, Lex, but as long as you´re with Lana I´ll do with my time what I damn well please. ¨

¨I won´t let him use you, Chloe. ¨

¨I don´t need your protection, Lex. I know how to handle Queen. ¨

¨Chloe... ¨ he warned her.

¨I know who and what he is. He may be a hypocrite. But I do need this interview. ¨

¨Come with me and I´ll give you your damn interview. ¨

¨Lex, we both know you won´t like my questions and that if you gave me the answers, they would never be printed. ¨

¨Are you suggesting I would hurt you, Chloe? ¨

¨No, I´m saying that for you I´d be willing to betray everything I claim to defend. Goodnight, Lex, ¨she finished with a catch in her voice.

lexie
16th August 2007, 17:11

CHAPTER 13: The Stake Out

Chloe couldn´t remember a night like the one she was living. In fact, Lex´s phone call had done nothing but taken away the little control she had over the whole situation. It wasn´t until after fifteen minutes solid that she felt collected enough to sit back at Queen´s table. If the billionaire noticed the glassy eyes and puffy nose, he was gentleman enough not to ask her any questions. What´s more, he didn´t mention the younger Luthor again and regaled Chloe´s ears with some funny anecdotes in an attempt to put her at ease.

Time dragged on and Chloe tried to feign interest in the conversation while she zoned out. Would Lex barge into the restaurant? Would he tail them to Oliver´s loft or would he give up and drive back to Lana?

Queen realised Chloe´s mind was elsewhere. The call had definitely upset her, and he was ready to bet a good sum it had something to do with Lex Luthor. She was decisively too touchy about his former boarding school classmate- a fact that gave him food for thought. He´d have to call Clark and talk to him about the new development. The Justice League´s agenda had to be protected at all costs and Chloe could be a liability.

At about eleven o´clock they left for the loft. He´d grant her the interview about his charity work as a favour to Lois and avoid any questions Chloe might ask about his extra curricular activities. Two hours later, Chloe drove away in a taxi with enough material to write a profile for the Sunday edition.

Meanwhile, Lois and Clark were sharing some closet space in Oliver´s loft.

¨I must be out of my mind. He won´t turn up, ¨gritted Clark.

¨Stop squirming, Smallville, or you´ll blow our cover, ¨ hissed Lois. ¨And he´ll show up. You´ve got to be patient. ¨

¨I won´t be spending the night with you in this closet, Lois, just to prove you wrong. ¨

¨You mean ´right´, Smallville. That´s your hand on my butt, isn´t it? ¨

¨What did you expect? I told you this closet was too small for both of us. And yes, it´s my hand. You´re not my type. ¨

¨Shh..., ¨interrupted Lois, putting a hand over his mouth.

¨What? ¨he mumbled.

¨The elevator. ¨

¨It´s Lex, ¨answered Clark, using his x-ray vision.

¨How do you know? ¨

¨A hunch, ¨he lied.

¨So now you believe me. ¨

¨His being here doesn´t prove anything. They´ve got unfinished business. ¨

¨What was that? ¨responded Lois when she heard a heavy thump.

¨It sounded like a punch, ¨murmured Clark.

¨Don´t you dare come near her again, Queen, ¨hissed Lex.

¨I haven´t set eyes on Lana in months, Lex, ¨answered Oliver, rubbing his jaw.

¨I´m not talking about Lana. Don´t play dumb, Oliver. A cousin isn´t enough? You´re trying to seduce Chloe behind Lois´ back, ¨said Lex.

¨He´s tried to hit on Chloe? ¨asked a puzzled Clark.

¨It´s Lex´s jealousy speaking, Clark. Oliver would never do that to me, ¨answered Lois with a frown.

¨Chloe is a free agent now, Lex, and you´re virtually engaged to another woman. Does Lana know about your affair with Chloe? ¨

¨Nothing improper´s ever happened between Chloe and me, Oliver. I´m not you. I´d never cheat on a woman; and Chloe isn´t someone to be taken lightly. ¨

¨She´s a smart and beautiful woman. I wonder what the hell she sees in you. ¨

¨Exactly the same question I ask myself about Lois Lane. She could do a lot better than you, ¨he sneered.

¨Is that supposed to be a compliment? ¨asked Lois under her breath. ¨I hate when they talk about me behind my back.¨

¨All this is because of Clark, isn´t it? ¨asked Oliver with a knowing smile.

¨The world doesn´t revolve around Clark Kent, ¨responded Lex gravely.

¨Are you sure Chloe isn´t another Lana Lang for you? ¨

¨What the hell are you talking about? ¨spat Lex.

¨I know you, Lex. You bide your time well and you pounce on the unsuspecting victim, and once you´ve captured your prey you get bored. It´s the chase that keeps you going. I know... it´s the same with me. Lana´s old news and now you´re planning on hunting Chloe just to spite Clark. ¨

¨What the hell did Oliver mean? ¨gritted Lois.

¨I guess he meant you´re an old prey, Lois, ¨answered Clark, ¨and that he´s planning on moving to greener pastures. ¨

¨It was a rhetorical question, Smallville, ¨she answered, nudging him in the ribs. ¨I think we´ve heard enough, don´t you? ¨she asked, grabbing the doorknob.

¨Wait! What are you doing? ¨said Clark, catching hold of her arm.

¨I was right. Lex is in love with Chloe. ¨

¨He didn´t say that.¨

¨You´re so dense, Smallville. What were you expecting? He won´t use the word ´love´ in front of his second worst enemy. ¨

¨Despite my issues with Clark, I´d never use Chloe to get to him. She deserves the best and I´m not it, ¨ blurted Lex.

¨See ? I told you, Clark. He loves her, ¨said Lois, smiling widely.

¨At least we agree on something, ¨responded Queen.

¨You´re not it either, Queen. Clark could have been ´it´ if he hadn´t been so blind. ¨

¨What do you say now, Smallville? Will you help Chloe get what she wants? ¨ asked Lois when she felt an indrawn breath next to her. ¨Despite everything, he still admires you. ¨

¨He doesn´t deserve her, Lois, ¨ answered Clark.

¨Maybe not, but she loves him, ¨stated Lois matter-of-factly.

¨OK, OK, whatever! Damn! How long´ll this conversation drag on? I´m getting claustrophobic, ¨whined Clark. ¨Lois, ¨ he warned her, ¨what do you think you´re doing? ¨

¨Nothing, Smallville. I just needed to change my position. I was getting cramp. ¨

¨Don´t lean on me, please. ¨

¨Clark? ¨

¨ What? ¨

¨I´ve got an idea. ¨

¨Oh, no! ¨

Kit Merlot
16th August 2007, 19:03
So was Oliver really trying to win Chloe for himself? I hope Lois kicks the crap out of him!

And Clark is still in denial that Lex has feelings for Chloe.

And good for Lois for trying to help Chloe find happiness:grin3:

malugargula
16th August 2007, 19:40
Wonderful wonderful wonderful
I loved the idea of Oliver wanting Chloe for himself. Actually I think that after Lex he`s the best for her (I hope that in SV we have some Chloliver since they don`t seem to want to give us Chlex)
Let`s make Lex suffer with real competition!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYY
;)
I`m liking the Clois plot
Please please please more soon

Gaia
16th August 2007, 21:22
Hmmm if Oliver would only know that this conversation is making him look bad and not Lex....well something would happen I am certain, but I can't think of anything.

hfce
18th August 2007, 22:09
I love this update. Lex you so do love Chloe admit it already. :)

lexie
24th August 2007, 02:44

A/N: First of all, I big thank you to all my faithful fans for accepting the invitation to join my brand-new Lex website, Lillian´s Child. I´ve been working really hard to post new stuff every day or every couple of days. I still have a lot of work ahead but I hope you´ll stay with me for the ride. :blinkkiss

Now, on with the story.

CHAPTER 13: Indiscreet

Explaining to Oliver what they had been doing in his closet was extremely awkward for Clark, particularly when Lois took advantage of the situation and planted a passionate kiss on the Kryptonian´s lips, which ended with both at Queen´s feet amidst the skiing equipment he kept locked away there. Taken by surprise, the young Kent had inadvertently leant against the door, which gave under their combined weight, thus revealing their hiding place. Clark didn´t know what madness had seized Lois, but he hadn´t expected her to jump onto him, especially when her thoughts had seemed to revolve around Chloe and Lex.

Driving in the back seat of a cab with Clark, Lois now remembered with a smirk the priceless expression on Oliver´s face when they had both landed at his feet.´ Just because you´ve got a fat chequebook, Queen, you think you can get away with anything. It´ll teach you you can´t play with Lois Lane. Old news, my ass! I know Chloe doesn´t give a damn for you, but that´s beside the point. You can´t be trusted when there are other women around, ´mused Lois. ´Now... that kiss! Who would have guessed? Smallville´s the freaking Green Arrow! I know it because I´ve kissed him in that alley before and Oliver has never made me feel that way. I´m afraid you´ll experience what´s to be old news in the flesh, Mr Queen. ´

¨So that went pretty well, don´t you think? ¨spoke Lois, turning in the seat to look at Clark, whose face was averted.

¨I don´t appreciate being used as a pawn, Lois. ¨

¨Come on, Smallville. It was worth it. Did you see the look on his face? ¨

¨Next time, pick someone else to make Oliver jealous. ¨

¨There won´t be another time, Green Arrow, ¨ she murmured seductively into Clark´s ear.

¨What? ¨he asked in surprise, recoiling against the door.

¨Quit pretending, Clark. You and I know the kiss in the closet wasn´t the first we´ve shared. ¨

¨Are you drunk, Lois? ¨

¨Your secret´s safe with me, Clark, ¨she answered, leaning towards him.

¨Stop the car, ¨ordered Clark, knocking on the glass.

¨Where the hell do you think you´re going, Smallville? ¨ asked an irate Lois.

¨I´ve just seen Lana, ¨stated Clark when the driver put on the brakes.

¨Where? This isn´t a trick to drive me off the track, is it? ¨

¨That´s strange, ¨he said with a puzzled look, opening the door and stepping out.

¨Hey, wait! ¨exclaimed Lois.

¨Miss, it´s $7, ¨blurted the taxi driver, extending out his hand for the money.

¨Great! ¨she gritted, rummaging through her bag for a ten-dollar bill, while keeping an eye on Clark.

Lois paid the fare and sped to catch up Clark, who had started to tail Lana and a young man she appeared to be romantically involved with.

¨Either Lex has some Afro-American genes we weren´t aware of or Miss Pompom´s been cheating on him. ¨

¨Pete, ¨murmured Clark.

¨Pardon? ¨asked Lois with a frown.

¨P... P... Pete, ¨stammered Clark, pointing at the Afro-American guy.

¨Gee, Smallville, I never thought you could be this inarticulate. Do you know the guy? ¨

¨We were best friends, but... he was in love with Chloe. ¨

¨With Chloe? As in Chloe Sullivan, my cousin? ¨

¨Yes. Lana... she... she never... I... ¨

¨I get it, ¨ Lois patted him on the shoulder. ¨Well, things have certainly changed. My God, this will be a terrible blow for Luthor. Well... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder because, let´s be honest, this Pete´s no Denzel Washington. ¨

¨Uh? ¨

¨Come on, Smallville. I´ve never met her other boyfriends, but this boy doesn´t hold a candle to you and Lex. ¨

¨Are you hitting on me, Lois? ¨

¨We´ll talk about that later, Clark. We´ve got bigger fish to fry. ¨

¨Hold on, Lois, ¨said Clark, grabbing her by the arm. ¨Maybe they´re just... ¨

¨Speaking about old times? People who are just friends don´t share major liplocks, Clark. ¨

¨I can´t believe Lana would ever do something like this, ¨stated an appalled Clark.

¨Well, you´d better believe it, Smallville. Although she should have been more discreet because, knowing Lex, there must be someone following her 24-7 for her protection. ¨

¨I´m worried about what he might do when he finds out. ¨

¨I don´t think he´ll hurt her She´s just provided him with the perfect way out.¨

¨I don´t know, Lois. Lex won´t appreciate being made a fool of. ¨

¨Point taken. What do you suggest we do? ¨

¨Nothing. ¨

¨Nothing? I won´t stay without doing anything when my cousin´s happiness is at stake, Clark. ¨

¨Let´s give Lana the chance to talk with Lex herself; that is, if he doesn´t know anything already. ¨

¨The engagement party´s two days away, Smallville. I´ll give her until tomorrow or else, Lex´ll have an engagement party he´ll never forget. ¨

lexie
24th August 2007, 02:46

CHAPTER 14: Misery Loves Company

The flat above The Talon

¨Hi, Chlo´! ¨greeted Lois with a Cheshire cat smile.

¨What´s with that smile? ¨ asked Chloe speculatively.

¨I don´t know, cuz. I just feel happy today. ¨

¨Where were you yesterday? I tried to reach you on the phone several times. ¨

¨Oh! I forgot to ask you, how did things go with Oliver? ¨

¨Lo´, don´t try to sidetrack me, ¨ she warned Lois.

¨I forgot to recharge the phone battery. ¨

¨But you weren´t in Smallville, were you? Because I phoned here and nobody answered. ¨

¨I was at the Kents´, ¨ lied Lois.

¨You weren´t. Neither was Clark. ¨

¨Says who? ¨ asked Lois gravely.

¨Martha Kent, ¨snapped Chloe, raising an eyebrow. ¨Where were you both? And don´t tell me you were just hanging out with Clark because conversation between you two never goes beyond a curt ´Hello´ and a few scathing remarks. ¨

¨Well... there have been some new developments, cuz. ¨

¨New developments? How so? ¨

¨You first. ¨

¨Me first? ¨

¨Yes, you haven´t answered my question. How did things go with Oliver? ¨

¨How are things between you two? ¨

¨Cold, or should I say ´frozen´? Why? Are you no longer interested in Luthor? ¨

¨No! ¨

¨You´re no longer interested in Luthor? ¨ asked a surprised Lois.

¨No! I mean I would never be interested in Queen that way. And, let me tell you... I´m glad you´ve thought things over because he´s not the guy for you either. I got the interview but he appeared to be too flirtatious for somebody who´s already in a relationship. ¨

¨Yes, I know what you mean. When I saw him last he gave me the impression he was ready to move to greener pastures. ¨

¨I´m sorry, Lois. ¨

¨Don´t be. Actually, he´s done me a favour, ¨she added with a slow smile.

¨What? Is there someone else on the horizon? ¨

¨The same person that´s been on my mind for quite a while. ¨

¨The same person that´s been on your mind... for ...quite... a while. And that´d be who? ¨

¨The Green Arrow, of course. ¨

¨The Green Arrow? If I´m not wrong, you thought Oliver was the Green Arrow. ¨

¨Yes, but that was before I kissed him in the alley. ¨

¨Well, taking into account superheroes are very zealous in protecting the identity of their alter egos, I don´t see how you´ll be able to have anything remotely romantic with him if you don´t know who he is. ¨

¨But I do know who he is, Chlo´, because I´ve kissed him again. ¨

¨I didn´t know the Green Arrow was in Smallville. ¨

¨Well... ¨

¨When did this kiss actually happen, Lois? And don´t beat around the bush. ¨

¨Last night. ¨

¨You were in Metropolis, weren´t you? ¨

¨Yes, there was a play I wanted to see. ¨

¨A play? You´ve never been to the theatre in your life, Lo´. And don´t try to sell me you talked Clark into escorting you because I won´t buy it. What were you two doing in Metropolis? Were you tailing me, too? ¨

¨Was there anybody there apart from us? ¨

¨ So you admit you were there because of me. ¨

¨Who else was there? You said ´too´. ¨

¨Lois, tell me you haven´t done what I think you´ve done. ¨

¨What? ¨

¨Did you set me up? Tell me you didn´t arrange the interview with Queen and send Lex after us. ¨

¨Well... I might have dropped a hint. ¨

¨Didn´t I specifically tell you to stay out of this? ¨ asked Chloe fuming.

¨But it worked, cuz. You should have seen him at Queen´s loft. He went ballistic! ¨

¨Lex went to Oliver´s loft? ¨

¨Yeah! He has quite an uppercut, judging by the state of Oliver´s face when we got out of the closet. ¨

¨The closet? ¨

¨Yes, we had to hide somewhere, didn´t we? It was the only way I could convince Clark Lex and you are in love with each other. ¨

¨And he went along with your plan? ¨

¨He felt awful, Chlo´. He wanted to make amends because of the things he told you at The Planet. ¨

¨He must have been desperate to listen to you. Now, please... tell me Lex didn´t see either of you. ¨

¨Don´t worry. He didn´t, ¨she answered thoughtfully.

¨There is something you aren´t telling me. ¨

¨I promised Clark we´d wait. ¨

¨Spill the beans, cuz! ¨

¨Do you trust us, Chloe? ¨

¨I trust Clark but I know you, Lo´. ¨

¨I promised you I wouldn´t do anything to jeopardise your happiness and I won´t. What I can tell you is that our trip to Metropolis was really enlightening. I discovered things about people I know- or thought I knew- which are absolutely mind-blowing. ¨

¨Has this got anything to do with The Green Arrow´s identity? ¨

¨ Oh,cuz. I don´t kiss and tell, ¨ she answered with a smirk.

¨You were around only two men yesterday night, and you´ve already ruled out Oliver. It doesn´t take a rocket-scientist to know who you think the Green Arrow is. Have you confronted him? ¨

¨Mm, ¨she nodded.

¨And what did he say? ¨

¨Oh, of course, he sounded outraged, but he didn´t deny it. It doesn´t matter; I´m a patient woman. ¨

¨Patient? That´ll be the day!¨exclaimed Chlo´with a laugh.

¨I can be patient when it comes to the man I´m planning on spending the rest of my life with, ¨responded Lois seriously.

¨Man, you´ve got it big, cuz! ¨

¨It seems you´re not alone, Chlo´. ¨

lexie
24th August 2007, 02:49

CHAPTER 15: An Epiphany

Lex was lying back in his swivel chair in the study when the Italian tailor called on him for his final fitting. Despite the fact that their appointment had been made the previous week, the gentle tap on the door announcing his arrival took Lex by surprise. The morning had gone by in a daze and the ache on Lex´s swollen knuckles had increased twofold. The doctor had told him he hadn´t broken any bones, but it´d have been a small price to pay to wipe Queen´s smug look off his face. Oliver might have just kissed Chloe on the cheek and given her hand a squeeze, but Smallville´s resident billionaire knew his former classmate´s ways with women, and seeing Queen with the reporter had awoken the green-eyed monster in Lex.

He had felt like barging into the restaurant to claim her like a caveman, but it would have only made matters worse. He would have made a spectacle of himself and embarrassed her in front of an audience; and that was something he didn´t want to put either Chloe or himself through. Hearing her voice on the phone had made him feel even more possessive of her and had awoke his most primitive instincts. However, her reproachful words had come like a terrible shock. Undoubtedly she was the most mature of the two, emotionally speaking. She was right; he had no legitimate claim on her as long as he didn´t break up with Lana.

The last words she had uttered before hanging up on him still resonated in his mind. ´For you I´d be willing to betray everything I claim to defend. ´ That she could consider going against her principles to protect him proved the extent of her love for him and showed him how undeserving he was of her affection. She was ready to sacrifice everything for him and he, like the coward he was when it came to opening up to another human being, had told her he was doing what was best for them. He was as hypocritical as Queen. He was pushing her away while, at the same time, questioning who she dated or what she did on her spare time.

Pietro had done a terrific job as usual. The dinner jacket clung to his body in the right places and brought out the blue-grey of his eyes. Looking at himself in the mirror, a poker-faced Lex congratulated the tailor but his stomach was in knots. The engagement party was twenty-four hours away and he, who always seemed to know all the answers, couldn´t come up with a solution to the quandary he found himself in. His father had told him time and time again that letting himself be ruled by emotions was a weakness- but hadn´t Lionel recently advised him to re-evaluate his marriage to Lana? Had his bride-to-be been another girl, he would have dumped her for Chloe in a heartbeat. Despite the fact that he didn´t love Lana the way a man should love his future wife, he treasured their friendship and didn´t want to jeopardise it for he had already compromised the one with Clark Lana was the only friend he had left, for Chloe meant a whole lot more than just a friend to him.

Lex was wracking his brains to reach a decision and decide on a course of action to extricate himself from the predicament he found himself in without hurting other people in the process, when the phone rang. He dismissed Pietro and walked round the desk.

¨Luthor, ¨ said Lex, picking up the phone.

¨We´ve got to talk, ¨ said a determined Lois.

¨Is everything all right, Lois? ¨

¨I´m afraid not. ¨

¨Is Chloe OK? ¨ he asked worriedly.

¨That´s arguable, Luthor. And we know damn well who´s to blame, ¨she responded bitterly.

¨Well, it sure isn´t Oliver Queen, Miss Lane, ¨he said tersely. ¨I´ve got to give it to you. It was an intelligent move and one I can´t say I haven´t enjoyed. ¨

¨Glad to accommodate you. Now, could we cut to the chase? ¨

¨By all means. What is it you wanted to talk about, Lois? ¨

¨Shall we meet at the Kents? ¨

¨Pardon? ¨

¨You´ve heard me, Lex. ¨

¨What makes you think I´d be welcome there? ¨

¨Do you love her or not, Lex? ¨

¨I don´t see what that´s got to do with the Kents, unless Clark´s re-evaluated his feelings for Chloe and is planning on getting rid of the competition. ¨

¨Men can be so stubborn sometimes, ¨ murmured Lois. ¨Listen, Luthor. Smallville´s willing to bury the hatch for Chloe´s sake. ¨

¨This isn´t another of your games, is it? ¨

¨We´re both in this, cue ball. Let´s say Clark has had an epiphany of sorts with a little help from a friend. He wants Chloe to be happy and if that means helping you two get together, so be it. ¨

¨Despite his love for Chloe, which I don´t doubt, you´ve got to admit this new attitude of his is very hard to sell. Tell me, has this got anything to do with Lana? ¨

¨Like I said, Luthor, we´ve got to talk, but not over the phone. Will you meet us at the barn in... say... half an hour? ¨

¨OK. I´ll do it for Chloe, Lois. ¨

¨And Luthor? ¨

¨Yes? ¨

¨Bring a bottle of your father´s vintage scotch, ¨ said Lois before hanging up.

´A bottle of my dad´s vintage scotch? What are these two up to? ´

hfce
24th August 2007, 05:54
Good update but I can't wait to see the Chlex. :)

Gaia
24th August 2007, 09:10
Can't wait for the Chlex!

Kit Merlot
24th August 2007, 13:30
The Pete/Lana reveal was completely unexpected, but very interesting. Somehow, I don't think Lex will care that much:D

I like that Chloe was worried about Lois--Oliver was coming on to her, knowing he was in a relationship with her cousin. That's just twisted. The Clois is adorable too, especially with Lois thinking that Clark is the Green Arrow.

And good for Lois for wanting to talk to Lex--she'll straighten everything out:D

malugargula
24th August 2007, 16:45
I`m loving the Clois parts and I can wait for the Chlex because Lois is really interesting here and Clark is not being the usual egocentric jerk
Lana and Pete??? Well, here in Brazil girls who appears to be saints usually do dirty things behind the curtains... I guess in SV is the same
LOL
Great updates
Please more soon

Shy Butterfly
25th August 2007, 20:52
I liked the updates but can there be some Chlexness in the next ones?

Please, please, please?!

kirt30
29th August 2007, 22:38
more please

Nyx
30th August 2007, 17:01
Men!
Lex loves Chloe, but isn't with her. Doesn't take the chance but still tries to control her live.

And what was that idea of Lois to kiss Clark? To think he is the Green Arrow??? This Lois is even more crazy than I thought.

And really Lana and Pete! Damn Luthor is going down, between Lois plans and Lana's betrayal he doesn't stand a chance.

Serves him right, he putted himself in this situation.

Now Lois-Oliver did he actually mean it?

I know you, Lex. You bide your time well and you pounce on the unsuspecting victim, and once you´ve captured your prey you get bored. It´s the chase that keeps you going. I know... it´s the same with me

Lois was mad, I think thats why she suddenly decided to kiss Clark.

Well I hope you'll update soon lexie!

Gaia
2nd September 2007, 21:55
New story? *checks the screen* COOL!
But....interesting development, both with the story and making Chloe a virgin :P
:D

Kit Merlot
2nd September 2007, 22:00
This was a lovely ending.

I like that Lex was happy for Pete and Lana and that he and Clark were able to become friends again.

Great work on this story:grin3:

hfce
3rd September 2007, 00:30
That was so cute! What a wonderful ending. I loved it. :)

malugargula
3rd September 2007, 03:32
YAY
I loved it
Lois and Clark are a funny couple
LOL
And Lex finally stopped being a coward
Just wonderful
I wish I could see Chloe explaining the "green arrow comment" to Lex

Shy Butterfly
3rd September 2007, 19:21
Beautiful ending!!!

I'm glad that they are finally together!

Nyx
13th September 2007, 03:03
Nice ending.

Didn't think Lana would be left off the hook so easily.

Very romantic of Chloe and I'm glad Lex finally opened his eyes.

starmoon
29th September 2007, 05:56
great story the ending was funny.

daria_103
23rd November 2007, 23:52
Great story, loved all the twists and turns. I'm surprised that Lana was let off the hook so easily, but I guess I can't have her put in her place in every fic lol. Pairing her with Pete made me like her a bit more, he was one of my favourite characters/actors in the early days of the show (really like the actor on ER too).

clark and Los were a fun couple and the Chlex was great. Loved the ending too.

~*~Tasha~*~
8th April 2008, 04:56
Good story. Very entertaining

lkedino
15th March 2010, 06:21
I love the story

lexie
15th March 2010, 06:24
I love the story

Thanks, Lara. This was one of my first attempts to write fiction and although my prose and my style have developed a lot since then, I´m still quite fond of it. :P

donhisiewen
5th November 2010, 20:57
Great story! The first four chapters was really depressing and sad for Chloe. And Jimmy had to break up with her, talk about timing. He already knew she was not feeling well and he gave her more pain. I pictured her walking around with a rain cloud over her head.

I was laughing at Lois the whole time, especially when she came up with the plan to get Lex to admit to loving Chloe and when she kept insisting Clark was the Green Arrow. And Clark, bless him. As my mother used to say, when God was showering people with gifts of intelligence and understanding, he was asleep in the barn and didn't get any.

jcassy
11th November 2010, 19:42
great story lexie. jimmy is a douche, no question. I loved a scheming lois with lex.in your story you really manage to convey lois affection to chloe.

SouthernChlex
10th January 2011, 04:14
You are an amazing writer. I loved this story, even finished it in one sitting because I couldn't stop reading. I think my favorite line was

¨ Don´t look at me that way, Chloe, ¨ he pleaded. ¨I don´t want to hate myself in the morning, ¨

This just completely summed up for me what Lex was feeling for Chloe.
Thankyou for such a wonderful story.

Ami Rose
7th November 2011, 16:34
That was cute and funny!