PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Getting It Right (R) (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

letia84
7th June 2007, 16:54
Title: Getting It Right (Part III to Through Another Man’s Eye’s (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=4504) and Nobody’s Hero (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=4623))
Author: Letia84
Rating: R For adult language, some sexual content, and some violence
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. Own by DC, Warner Brothers and The CW
Summary: As the election comes to a close Lex only has one chance to do the right thing. The secrets the black ship holds well finally be unlocked. Lionel may have been striped of all his power but somehow he finds one last chance to rise again. So many things are weighing down on him and in the middle of it all is Chloe. He has to choose and the wrong choice could lead to losing everything.

Chapter 1 Chance

Election Day

Lex tried not to be so worried about how Chloe was acting at the moment. She was squirming against him for the past few minutes and it woke him up. Her face was strained, there was thin line of sweat forming on her brow and her breathing was all over the place. All her moving about changed her position from spooning with him to lying on her back.

He didn’t know if she was having a bad dream or a very good one but at the moment he was concerned about her breathing. There were only two things he could do to calm his worries. He could wake her but then he could make whatever she was thinking about worse or he could wait until she woke up on her own.

Not being the most patient of men Lex reached out to touch her messy hair and pushed it back away from her face. He heard her whimper a little and his worry turned into panic.

There was no question that Lex knew he had to wake her rather then endure anymore of this torture. His head lowered to ear and he whispered to her. “Chloe are you all right?”

His words had no effect on her and she was still asleep and her breathing had gotten worse. Lex didn’t know what was wrong with her. They’d been sleeping together for sometime and he’d never seen her act this way.

Lex propped himself up on his arm then reached to stroke her cheek trying to ease her out of the dream. “Chloe wake up.” He whispered again trying not to startle her.

His arm resting on the bed as his other hand stroked her cheek then moved down the length of her body to finally rest on belly. With her eyes still shut Chloe spoke to him “I want more.”

Confusion washed over him and he wasn’t sure if she was talking about her dream or talking to him. So he asked the obvious. “Are you talking to me?”

A smiled washed over her as she answered. “Of course I’m talking to you.” Her eyes still closed Chloe reached her arms around him pulling him down closer. “And I said I want more.”

Before he could stop her Lex was being pulled into a very arousing kiss. She let him settle his body over her but Lex knew this wasn’t going to end well.

He lifted back to look down on her and her eyes were still closed. “I would love to give you more but I fear for your grades this term.”

When the words sunk in her eyes shot open then her head titled far back to look at the clock on the night stand. “Damn it.” She grunted then turned back to nudge him away. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

Lex’s mind went back to how unpleasant she looked while she was sleeping and he was in such a panic but it was all to lure him and now he was being punished for being honest about the time. “Your going to rush off after that whole show you just put on?”

He watched her scramble out of bed still naked from the night before. It was amusing to see her franticly looking for all her clothes tossed about the room. Even though he helped cause the mess Lex lay back in the bed and relaxed to watch the show.

“If I’d known it was this late I wouldn’t have done it.” She had most of her clothes pulled in her hands then before he could get up to stop her she was running for the bathroom.

Today wasn’t the day for Lex to lay about either or have a leisurely morning with Chloe in bed. At last his fate would be decided about the senate seat he was bidding for.

It was a long race but the election was running as planned. Looking for anything that could discredit Jonathan Kent was impossible. He could have made something up easily but didn’t. What he knew about Clark could have destroyed Jonathan in the race. Lex remembered how determined Kent was to protect his family during the meteor shower when Clark had the ability to save the entire city and he did nothing.

He may not know Clark’s entire secret but he knew enough to send Jonathan Kent back to farm where he belonged. But he chose not to do it. If Lex was going to win he wanted it to be by his own means and cheating couldn’t be apart of that. After waking up from his dream, anger played into his better judgment. Doing the right thing wasn’t easy but the satisfaction of winning would make it worth it.

Without giving much thought to asking Chloe or not Lex left the bed to join her in the bathroom. The shower was already running and the room was filled with steam when he entered. If Lex had to leave he at least thought they could shower together but his plan were quickly squashed when Chloe opened the sliding glass door to the shower.

“You waited too long.” She grumbled nudging past him for a fluffy white towel waiting on the counter top. Chloe took her time to wrap herself up before looking at him again. Lex only got a glimpse of a dripping wet naked body and it would have to do for now.

“I guess I have to wait until the party tonight.” Lex moved behind her as she pulled at her hair trying to make sense of the tangled mess. His arms went around her with ease and she calmed her movements for the moment.

“Yes, senator we are going to have lots of fun tonight. I can be with you in front of people and not hide in the corner.” She nudged him back with her butt and it wasn’t meant to tease; only to move him out of the way.

Lex took the hint and let her go. Her sarcasm wasn’t necessary since he was just as annoyed with ducking and hiding their relationship. But he ignored it when she called him senator. “I like the sound of that.”

“The sound of what? Senator Luthor?” She questioned turning around to look at him. Her face was a light pink from the steam shower. He could see she managed to untangle her hair that was growing some and almost reaching her shoulders. Her lips were a bright red and the longer he looked at them the more he felt the need to claim them.

Taking a step towards her, Lex wanted her to stay just a little while longer. All month she was there and then she wasn’t. He just wanted her to stay a little longer.

He reached his hand out to her until she took it so he could pull her closer to him. “Yes that’s exactly what I was talking about.” His forehead leaned against hers and he could see the grin starting to form on her face but it was just as quickly washed away.

“Stop trying to distract me. I have a three hour drive ahead of me and I will make it to class today if it kills me.” She nudged him away again and went back to the mirror.

She was right Lex had to leave her be. Chloe missed more then enough class to be with him. “Okay but I’ll see you tonight before the final count.”

“I wouldn’t miss it.” Chloe turned back to him for a moment, her voice softer than before, and she leaned in to kiss him.

It was slow and soft and just what he need to get his day going. After they parted she was ready and dressed in a matter of seconds and then she was off.

Lex said his good byes to her but still wanted her to stay. Today was going to be harder for him then he knew and he just wanted the chance to be with Chloe before the day took a turn for the worse.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Election Night

When you breathe in air you expect to find relief but Lex was finding none. He was in his study staring at the flat screen TV to his right trying to breathe. After the first round of numbers came in from the polls Lex was starting to doubt that he would win so easily.

His campaign was run solid. There was more than enough money spent on advertising. Many people knew of his contributions to Smallville after the meteor disaster. His platform was solid even more so the Jonathan’s since the man had little understanding of the way government worked.

But all his hard work seemed to be crashing down around him as the polls kept coming back with numbers increasing for Kent. Lex could say it was his status as a Luthor keeping him from seeing the votes he wanted but he wasn’t about to start making excuses as if he had already lost.

“This wouldn’t be happening if you let me…” Lex’s silent partner spoke taking his attention off the screen in front of him. The man stopped by to give his well wishes to Lex even though he had never used his services.

Before the man could say another word Lex was interrupting him. “If you don’t have anything productive to say I suggest you stop talking right now.” He turned back to screen to find that a commercial had started.

His mind starting reeling over what his silent partner was about to say. He could have made Jonathan Kent look more evil than his own father but Lex backed out. I wanted win on his own and he didn’t want to do things the way his father would.

If Lionel was still around he would certainly tell him he was running the campaign like a fool. Lex could hear him spouting his wisdom to him now.

‘A man fights with everything he has for something he truly wants.’

Lucky for him Lionel was still where Lex had placed him; far away without a cent to his name.

Lex turned away from the commercial to look to his silent partner. “Thank you for the well wishes and now you can leave.”

The man raised an eyebrow and nodded once but he said one more thing before leaving. “I hope you see the results you’re hoping for. Your father would have secured the deal long ago.” With that he was gone.

The words stung but Lex pushed them aside because it wasn’t over yet. He was calm for a moment as the commercials ran thinking this would all be over soon and he would be the winner.

When the phone rang he had finally found his control again but he quickly lost it when he heard the voice on the other end. “Luthor” he spoke calmly into the receiver.

“It’s good to hear your voice son.” The voice on the other end answered. His father’s voice was crisp and clear.

His first thought was how Lionel gained access to a phone when he was assured by his staff to be placed in a soup kitchen some where in Colorado. Lionel was heavily watched and guarded without his knowledge and how he was speaking to him now was impossible.

“How are you making this call dad?” Lex cut right to the chase not wanting this conversation to last long. As he awaited his father’s answer his finger reached out to press the intercom on his desk to summon his head of security.

“Lex you really have done well for yourself. Putting me in jail and now putting me in an all new prison with out a cent to my name.” He replied.

“Dad whatever you’re doing won’t work. Where ever you are I assure you my staff will be there in a matter of minutes.” Lex was bluffing because he had no clue where he was even though he should.

“Son, if you knew where I was we wouldn’t be having this talk. I still have a few friends you haven’t killed.” Lionel chucked at his bluff before he went on. “I called to say things don’t look so good for you.”

His reference to the Teagues was noted but Lex didn’t let it get to him. He made up his mind that being rid of both Teagues was what had to be done. He was still alive and Chloe was still alive so nothing else mattered.

“The race isn’t over yet. “ Lex defended himself poorly.

Lionel laughed at him this time then cleared his throat before speaking. “I know how much you think I have never done anything for you but son maybe this time you will see I have done something just for you.”

Before Lex could retort Lionel hung up the phone. When he looked in front of him his head of security that he summoned was in place in front of his desk.

“Yes, Mr. Luthor.” The man spoke.

“That was my father on the phone.” Lex rose to his feet to move across the desk to put his face right in his staff members. “I want to know how the hell he got to a phone, where the hell he is and what the fuck he is up to.”

“Yes sir.” The man spoke before running out of the room. He knew what his job was and if he didn’t do it he knew the consequences so his speedy exit was warranted.

What his father meant alluded him and his words rang in his hear as he watched the votes come in the next few hours. Lionel would finally take the chance to do something for his son but Lex wouldn’t believe it until he saw it with his own eyes.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

He knew he should stop but Lex was long past that now. It had been hours since he started drinking and just as long since he learned he lost the election. He was alone drinking down his disappointment in every glass.

The only person he wanted with him wasn’t with him. Chloe should have walked through the doors of manor four hours ago but he was still waiting for her.

Lex had long past sent away his advisors and the people that gathered to celebrate his victory. Most of the people he didn’t know but he knew many of them owned his family something so they all showed up. He was sure they were all mocking him on their way home about his failure.

His head was swimming in brandy and the fire place was a blur for a moment before Lex blinked to get his focus back. When the rim of the crystal glass was perched at his lips Lex found that his glass had run dry.

To remedy the problem he stumbled from his seat back to the bar. When he started drinking it wasn’t to get to point he was at now. He was going to clear his head have a drink feeling sorry for himself then wait for Chloe to arrive. He wanted to fall apart but he couldn’t do that alone. In the past he would have never done it but being with Chloe meant he could have his moment to let it all go.

His father reappearing and losing the election all weighed heavy on his mind as he awaited her arrival. He wanted to share those thoughts with someone that would understand and Chloe was that person.

Lex let his hand close around the brandy decanter but he found it empty. So he moved on to the nearest decanter to him that was filled with scotch. His focus was completely on the glass and the liquid pouring into it so he didn’t hear Chloe enter the room. He didn’t know she was there until a hand went over his shoulder then he felt a light squeeze.

With out looking back or stopping his work to fill his glass he spoke knowing it was Chloe behind him. “Where have you been?” Lex should have been relieved that the person he wanted to see most was now with him but feeling her tiny hand gripping at his shoulder only made him angry.

She should have been with him hours ago. She should have called to let him know what was keeping her. Chloe should have done so many things but the chance for her to get it right had passed her by and he was boiling over now.

“I was at the Planet.” He heard a crack in her voice when she answered. Lex knew it meant one thing. He learned to understand every tone of her voice and this time he knew she was lying.

Placing down the decanter then taking a long sip from his glass Lex turned to look at her slowly. Like so many times before his control faltered when he laid eyes on her.

She was in a dark red suit that he didn’t see her leave in but assumed she changed once she finished classes for the day. Her hair was tucked behind her ears and her eyes were filled with kindness.

She was trying to trick him. Chloe knew how much he liked her in suits. They did everything to hug her hips in the right way and expose just enough cleavage to leave him wanting more. Her hair being pulled away from her face was something he did all the time because he didn’t want anything obstructing his view of her features.

Then the look in eyes was telling him to just forget that he had been alone the past four hours. Her eyes were telling him that she loved him and it shouldn’t matter when she arrived.

His mind floating in alcohol was running through everything that was wrong with Chloe appearing at the moment she did instead of everything that was right about it. It was keeping him from talking to her calmly. It was keeping him from holding onto his glass of scotch without his hand shaking.

“Don’t lie to me.” He said through clenched teeth trying to keep it together but failing at that as well.

Her eyes widened and her lie was written all over her face. Then the truth came pouring out. “I was at the Planet most of the time and things ran late then, I drove back to Smallville and I did stop at the Talon for a moment.”

Lex knew what the Talon was being used for that night and it only made his anger grow to the point of no return. The glass in his hand had a life of it own as it sailed across the room into the fire place. The flames rose and Chloe’s head turned to see them but she quickly turned back when she felt his grip on her arms.

Lex knew he should stop but it was too late for that now. The chance to turn back was no longer on his mind.

His fingers dug into her arms and pulled her close to him. There was only one other time Lex had treated Chloe this way and he nearly lost her after the meteor shower doing it but the alcohol in his veins pushed him onward.

“You were celebrating with the Kent’s in the fucking building I own while I sat here alone.”

She struggled as he spoke but that only made him hold onto her harder. A whimper left her lips but it didn’t make him stop. His words came out in a rush and they were meant to hurt.

“All this time I thought I had something but I see now you’re just like the rest. So tell me Chloe what page can I expect to see myself on in tomorrow’s edition? What title will I read? ‘Luthor fails’ or ‘The spoiled brat is defeated by farmer.’”

Her eyes fixed on him and it looked as if she was about to cry then, all at once, she grew just as angry as he was. “I can’t believe you would think I would use you after everything I have put up with. You think I’d spit in the face of all of it for a story?”

Her hands planted on his chest and nudged Lex away from her. It shouldn’t have been so easy but his balance was impeded by his drinking and Lex couldn’t do anything but let go of her for fear of falling on his face.

“Don’t pretend to be innocent.” He managed to say getting to his footing again.

“I don’t pretend to do anything but love you. I love you even when you’re a drunken fool that accuses me of betrayal.” Chloe took a step back before going on.

“If you loved me then you would have been here so why weren’t you?” Lex wanted an answer more then anything but that night he wouldn’t get it.

“I’m not going to stay here a second longer. No matter what I tell you right now you’ll think it’s a lie.” She moved closer to him touching the side of his face before speaking. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here sooner. If I had a second chance then I wouldn’t have stayed at the Planet so long and I wouldn’t have gone to the Talon to find information for you. I’m sorry you lost and I’ll see you in the morning once you sleep this off.” She turned to walk away leaving the room quickly.

Lex just stood and watched her go thinking how dare she show up then leave him alone again. What information she was gaining at the Talon eluded him just like his father’s plans for him. She was right that he needed to sleep off the alcohol but at the moment it didn’t matter.

Lex wanted an answer and he was going to get it.

In his drunken state he chased after her. Lex got into his car and drove after her. He drove so recklessly that he ran Chloe off the rode into a bus.

Lex had ruined the chance he had at being with Chloe and getting it right.

TBC

Chapter 2 Second Chance

Note: I know I'm evil and I should have updated Crawling back but I wanted to get this last part started to this series as well. It well still be slow going for both fics but look for more of the other one soon. As for this evil I know I'm evil for it as well but its the nature of the series that things get worse before they get worse.

lj715
7th June 2007, 19:07
Omg, how is this gonna work itself out. I hope Chloe is ok. Lex can be such an idiot sometimes. Excellent chapter.

westwingwolf
8th June 2007, 00:55
The beginning was so light and fluffly and I was happy but then it kept restating how much Lex wanted her to be there and how he was missing all these chances and Chloe said those dreaded words 'if it kills me' so I knew this wasn't going to lead up to the fantastic original ending in Reckoning with Lana's death.

So what was Chloe doing for Lex, because I know she's not that heartless? Kudos for that scene between them because I was feeling very sad for Lex but at the same time I knew Chloe cared about him and he was being an ass not willing to listen.

So what is Lionel up to and what effect will it have on this whole deal?

Did Chloe die? Will Clark do a redo and will Lex make things better or worse? If he makes them worse, can he get another redo? If Chloe didn't die, are we going to see Lex try to repair what he's done?

I need an update with some answers to at least some of these questions.

hfce
9th June 2007, 17:09
Can we at least get them happy a little longer before they become enemies? :puppydog:

dagney
9th June 2007, 21:48
i've adored your fic for some time. You capture such depth in Chlex characters. I like how you portray the darker sides of lex. You are evil for stopping the story here. An update soon. Dagney

Kit Merlot
11th June 2007, 15:12
This is an awesome beginning, and I can't wait for you to continue.

letia84
8th August 2007, 05:09
Notes: So that there is no confusion I have gone back to indicate what time during Election Day the scenes are taking place.

Those that have been reading beware this chapter’s shift into NC-17 material for sexual content.

Chapter 2 Second Chance

Election Night

In life Lex was rarely given a second chance. When he found out his mother died there was going to be no second chance at seeing her again. His mind was so set on saving her that he clouded his judgment from being with her in her final hour. That year when he removed Lionel from his home he knew there would be no second chance for them to be close.

But for once in his life he was given a second chance. He had thrown Chloe out of his life only to be given a second chance not once but twice over the past year. On that night of the election Lex’s chances with Chloe seemed to have run out.

As his Porsche came to a screeching halt Lex knew that everything he told Chloe the first time they kissed had come true. She wasn’t ready to be with someone like him and never would be ready to be with some like him.

The alcohol flowing in his veins seemed to flood out of him as he watched Chloe’s red beetle be taken over by the yellow school bus. He didn’t realize he was swerving so badly on the rode as he chased Chloe down. Nor did he see the bus coming off from the side street as he moved along side trying to get her attention.

He could clearly see she was on the phone and the only person he could think that she was talking to was Clark. The very reason she was late in the first place and she was speaking to Clark again. Just the thought of Chloe siding with Clark about the election, the black ship or about anything only fed Lex’s rage.

His car had a life of its own as he swerved closer to Chloe. Then it took off, out of control, as he watched her eyes leave him to turn in front of her. He could see her mouth fall open and knew she was screaming as her car was flooded with the white lights from the on coming bus.

Lex hit his breaks immediately and his eyes laid out in front him to watch the bus make contact with Chloe’s car then to see it tipping over more times than he wanted to count. When he stepped out of his car Lex near slipped and fell on the icy road. He couldn’t believe he was even chasing her like this if the road was so bad.

As his eyes looked ahead of him he could clearly see a body lying on the ground near Chloe’s wrecked car. His heart sunk and his voice called out to her in disbelief.

“Chloe! Chloe! Chloe!” Each time he shouted her name louder than the first and he realized she wasn’t going to answer him. Before he could run to her a figure sped in front of him stopping him in his tracks.

“Oh God.” Clark spoke just in front of him. It was the first time since Lex knew the truth that he’d seen Clark use one of his abilities.

He watched as Clark moved ahead of him and reached out to Chloe’s broken body. His feet were planted to the ground in disbelief while Clark knelt down next to her then touched her cheek searching for any signs of life.

Tears started to well up in his eyes blinding his sight from the scene in front of him. If Lex moved closer to her then the truth would be in front of him. Chloe was gone and it was his fault. His jealousy and temper shadowed over him and now it had ruined Chloe.

His knees buckled and he started to lower onto the icy payment but something rushed at him faster then a speeding bullet. Lex tried to let his feet find purchase with the ground below him but Clark had raised him high into the air with one arm.

“What the hell did you do to her?” He screamed through clenched teeth.

Lex couldn’t respond in the state he was in and only struggled in Clark’s grasp. This seemed to upset him and Clark started to shake him. Lex felt like the entire world was moving but it was just him.

“Please.” He mumbled trying to make him stop.

Clark’s response was slamming Lex against the hood of his Porsche. The heat from the cars engine radiated down his body and was quickly followed by the stinging pain of being man handle by Clark Kent.

“Did she say please to you when did this to her?” Clark yelled at him picking him up only to slam him down again.

“Son stop!” Jonathan’s voice sounded just behind them, Lex had no idea when he arrived. “Clark you can’t do this.”

“He killed her.” Clark screamed again lifting Lex from the car.

There was nothing he could do to stop him. No matter what he said it would only make it worse on him. Lex stopped fighting and was ready to take what he had coming to him. Clark was right; he killed Chloe. The one person in his life that loved him and he pushed her so hard that he killed her.

“I know what Chloe means to you and, from what you tell me, I know what Chloe means to Lex. He’s already suffering for this and if he was the cause of it you know he will suffer even more. It’s not for you to seek justice Clark.” Jonathan was doing his best to save Lex. He knew it was for the benefit of his sons own life.

Without warning Lex was dropped to the ground. His gaze went up to the men before him and he saw how hurt Clark was. Clark’s pain in no way could surpass his own. Lex didn’t want to but his eyes glanced over to the car wreck and Chloe’s body. The chill in the air couldn’t compare to the chill he felt in his chest seeing her the way she was.

“I could have prevented this. I should have never listened to Jor-El. This is my fault dad.” Clark spoke as Jonathan took him into his arms and they embraced as Clark cried out. Lex didn’t pay any more attention to them as he made unsteady movements towards Chloe’s body.

He should have listened to them because he would have heard Clark say he could save Chloe. Lex would have heard him explain how somehow this was all connected to Clark and the meteor shower but his mind was on one thing. He could feel a gush of wind pass him as Clark super sped away.

Once he made it to Chloe’s body he noticed the blood covering her and the blood pooling around her. The sight of her made his body go numb and he shut his eyes. He was in a great deal of pain after Clark tossed him about but he slumped to his knees hitting the ground hard falling over the lifeless body of the woman he loved.

It was the second time Chloe had brought him to tears and this time she wasn’t going to wake and find him that way. His body resting over her had become as lifeless as she was now. If he could he would pour his own life force into her but all he could offer her were his harsh sobs.

Lex didn’t know it but as he mourned the love of his life Clark was giving him a second chance.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Election Day

When you wake up from a good nights rest it should be pleasant. A refreshing feeling should wash over you as you open your eyes to a new day. Something, if anything, your body should be sated and your mind cleared to start anew.

This morning Lex wasn’t feeling any of those things. His body jerked to attention in his bed. His heart was racing and his body was covered with a sheen of sweat but he was freezing. He reached his hand towards his cheek and he felt moisture pooling on his cheeks as if he’d been crying. His other hand went to his bare chest to subside the pain he was feeling inside.

It was as if he had lost something and the polls for the election didn’t open until 8:00am and it was 6:30am. If it wasn’t the election he lost then he thought it was the most important thing in his life at the moment so he turned to his left. He felt a sense of relief when he saw Chloe next to him but that was gone the moment he saw the way she was breathing.

Lex could have waited and been patient but he was already feeling spun about and had to wake her. “Chloe!” His voice had little control and he was so loud that Chloe jumped up just as he had.

“What?” She screamed out to him looking over to his side of the bed. “Why are you yelling at me?”

“Are you okay?” Lex reached out for her pulling her soft naked body closer to him hoping to relieve himself of some of the tension he was feeling.

“I’m fine.” She spoke muffled in his chest clinging to him just as tightly as he was to her.

He breathed in her scent calming his nerves. “I thought I lost you.”

Her body jerked back away from him so he could see the angry look on her face. “Lex you have to stop having these horrid dreams about losing me.”

“It felt so real.” Lex was starting to calm down but something still felt wrong. There was a shift of the air in the room, he was once cold but now he was over heated.

Chloe stopped for a moment looking him over. He watched her green orbs scan his face then looked lower down his body only to move back up again. Her fingers crawled down the tone build of his chest searching for any signs of trauma.

“What’s wrong?” Chloe’s voice softened and her hand moved up his body to rest on his cheek. “You’re burning up.”

Lex let his eyes close and there was flash of something he never wanted to see; Chloe’s body covered in blood. His eyes opened at once to look at her alive and well in front of him.

“Don’t go to class today.” Lex said in a rush. He didn’t care to analyze the reason but if Chloe left the house she would become the image in his mind.

That’s why he woke up feeling as if he had lost her because somehow he had. His body was telling him he lost her and his mind was reeling over the thought of it. The answer was to keep her with him so he could watch over her until the feeling went away.

“I have to go to class. I have missed too many.” She tried to move out of his arms but Lex stopped her before she could get too far away.

His eyes were pleading for her to see that she couldn’t leave him today. “I don’t feel right with you leaving.”

“I can’t believe it but I think you’re nervous about today.”

Lex wasn’t feeling anything like that but if it was going to get her to stay then he would go with it. “Yes, I could really use your support. We could have breakfast in bed then go vote and come back here to wait for the results.”

A smile radiated on her face as she wrapped her arms around him making her way over him. Her leg lifted to straddle over him as her arms locked around his neck. “So you need me around Senator?” The sound of her voice completely changed, Lex recalled the tone after they went to bed together last night.

Her body moving closer helped bring him back to normal. Another feeling was starting to rise between their bodies. “What was that you called me?” Lex let his fingers run through her hair finding comfort in being with her.

She smiled at him again and the burning in his chest melted away. “Do you mean Senator Luthor?”

Without warning he pulled her to him pressing her lips against his. He took hold of her hips to nudge her against him but she was already rubbing against his member which was quickly hardening between them. He groaned deep in his throat deepening the kiss between them by moving his tongue into the warmth of her mouth.

This was what he needed to get himself back on track. He needed to feel close to Chloe and shake off the feeling he had when he woke up. It was his second chance to be with her and he couldn’t waste it.

It was becoming increasingly difficult to have her in the position she was in without doing something about it. Their lips parted and Lex looked her in the eyes. They shared a silent agreement about was about to happen this morning.

Lex let his hands release Chloe’s hips to allow her to move. Her eyes didn’t leave his and they penetrated into the depths of him as she took hold of his hardened flesh. Her hand moved to brace herself on his shoulder as she rose up slightly. Lex didn’t realize how wet she had gotten in the few seconds they were kissing until she was lowering herself down on him.

“Senator Luthor you must be happy to see me.” She quipped at him then grinned taking him fully inside of her.

“I could get use to you calling me that.” Lex smiled over her mouth before he kissed her again.

His hands fisted at his side trying to maintain some sort of control but he completely lost it when her hips roll and she tightened around him. There’s no stopping his hand from moving back to her hips taking every bit of flesh he can into his grasp. Her body slaps against his again and the familiar motion repeats it’s self over and over.

Chloe tears her mouth away from him to let her head fall back and a moan to escape her lips. This morning there is really no way for him to keep this up much longer but he still wants her to come with him.

Lex takes one of her hands and her gaze goes back to him. She watches him move her hand to his mouth then his lips press against it kissing each digit gently. In an instant Chloe knows what he wants. Two of her fingers trailed across his lips as she continues to thrust up and down over him. Her fingers press against his mouth and Lex let his tongue dart over them, tasting her flesh.

His eyes watch her move back letting her now moistened fingers sneak between them. Her face transforms as she touches her clit between them and Chloe’s silent moans turned into harsh breathes. Lex lets his body move with her moving one of his hands to take hold of the fullness of her breast.

If someone were to walk past them they could hear the urgency between them as they reach their peak. The sound of his name tickles his ears and only makes things worse for him. Looking down between them, her arm his jerking between them as his cock drives into her with each downward thrust.

Roving over her body with his eyes Lex was trying to keep it together but the look of her pushes him closer to the edge. The light from the window was making her body glisten and the nipple that lay on the breast beneath his palm had hard and was rubbing against his hand as their pace quickens. He could feel her free hand reaching out for him searching for purchase with his body.

In an instant Chloe releases her hand from between them and throws herself into him. As she lets go Lex quickly follows groaning into her ear. Her movements force him to move his hands around. It allowed him full control over her body and with a few strong thrust he can let go murmuring her name as he comes.

They both breathed out not talking for while enjoying the moment between them. Chloe’s body becomes limp in his arms and Lex lets them fall back on to the bed slowly.

“I’ll stay with you today.” She spoke tucked away in his neck. Relief washed over him but it was fleeting.

Lex held onto her taking comfort in her warmth. But once his body had calmed from his climax something was still wrong. Chloe resting in his arms wasn’t fixing what he felt when he woke that morning.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

“I know how much you think I have never done anything for you but son maybe this time you will see I have done something just for you.”

Lex could still hear Lionel speaking to him at that moment telling him what he had been up to. He was waiting for a long lecture about they way things were going as the election votes came in. As of now Lex wasn’t a failure in his run for the senate seat. He had fought with everything he could in order to win. At least he let himself believe he had.

Seconds ago his father had called him and the sound of his voice sent his heart leaping into his throat. Chloe was totally shaken up by the call and he did his best to assure her that where ever Lionel was Lex would find him Lionel had promised to do something for him and what that things was Lex had no idea.

At the moment they were both staring blankly at the television watching the numbers come in from the pools. Lex watched his hard work slip away from him as Jonathan’s numbers rose and his stayed stagnant.

It was long passed since Lex sent his staff away and any one that came to celebrate his victory. The only thing he needed was sitting safely in his arms. After waking up feeling as if he’d lost Chloe, Lex was taking great joy that she decided to stay with him.

“Are you okay?” Lex could hear Chloe’s voice tremble as she asked him a question he was unsure of how to answer.

He looked down at her and saw she was keeping her face hidden from him. There was something wrong and it wasn’t just the election troubling her. In an effort to see her face Lex moved his hand over her cheek then slow moved it into her hair to the nape of her neck.

“Look at me.” He replied. Lex waited as she moved just slightly away from him. Her head slowly raised and she was trying to smile at him. It was a weak smile because it was over shadowed by what he didn’t want to see; fear.

“Stop looking at me like that. I’m fine.” She immediately placed her head on his chest again. Lex knew she wasn’t fine.

“If you’re concerned about Lionel don’t be.” He pulled his fingers through her hair trying to console her. “My people will find him.”

“But will they find him before he’s caused any damage.” Chloe moved away from him on her final words.

He watched her sit back in the leather sofa, staring off at the TV set trying to ignore what she just said. It was true that Lionel left many a thing in his wake but not this time. How Lionel could possibly cause damage in the state Lex had left him in was beyond him but he should have known better then to doubt Lionel Luthor.

The worry that Chloe was feeling had to be linked to the Teagues. Lionel could know more then Lex had thought about their sudden deaths but he’d done all he could to cover his tracks.

The anxious feeling that Lex felt that morning was still lingering. It appeared those feelings had now passed to Chloe. He had to say something to calm them both but there was nothing he could find to say. Chloe had made him speechless before but now it was something all together different.

Swimming in his thoughts Lex hadn’t noticed what the news reporter was saying until Chloe had signaled his attention. “Lex, do hear this?”

He allowed his gaze to turn to the television and Lex couldn’t believe what he heard next.

It looks as if Lex Luthor will be getting a second chance. Several votes in Smallville that were tallied for the local farmer Jonathan Kent were actually for the young billionaire Lex Luthor.

“It appears the damage has been done.” Lex spoke up at last seeing his dream to be senator come true but he knew it wasn’t because of anything he had done.

His eyes fixed on the news report and didn’t look away when Chloe moved towards him. She pressed her body as close to him as she could and her arms moved around him. Her silent response to his words did nothing to shield Lex from what he was feeling.

Lionel had done this and how Lex didn’t know. The reporter said he was getting a second chance in the elections but it wasn’t the chance he wanted. Moments later Lex was announced the winner of the senate seat and soon after that the phone was ringing.

Without a word Lex rose from his seat to move toward the phone resting on the side table. His fingers curled around the phone and there was a twinge at the back of his neck. “Luthor.” He was calm as he could be in the state he was in.

“Something just for you son.” Lionel’s voice sounded “Now I want something in return or Ms. Sullivan may suffer for it.” He then quickly hung up.

“What did he say?” Chloe spoke standing just next to him now. She knew without a word from him that Lionel was on the phone.

Lex turned to look at her taking comfort that she was with him as he asked that morning. His fear from that morning had nothing to do with losing Chloe. It somehow went back to his father.

He took her into his arms. “I’ll handle it.” It was true that Lex would take care of it but he should have known better then to think Chloe would just stand by and let him do it alone.

“We well handle it together.” Chloe answered him looking up into his eyes. Hidden behind her worry was a determination that Lex had seen the first time they took Lionel down.

It was time for Lex to embrace apart of himself he had run from for years. The time had come for him to start acting as a Luthor if he wanted to securer the things he wanted in life.

TBC

Chapter 3 Destiny

lj715
8th August 2007, 05:15
Excellent chapter. The first part freaked me out when I read it but then Clark turns back time. ( thanks for reminding me). What the hell does Lionel want from Lex & what will he to to Chloe if he doesn't get it. More please.

westwingwolf
8th August 2007, 06:20
The first part was so heartbreaking for Lex to lose Chloe and be the blame. Very interesting to see that Lex won the senate seat but sucks that Lionel had a part in it. I'm very worried about what he has plans for Lex and Chloe. And I really hope that Lex doesn't think it would be good to break u with Chloe again because that will just leave her in trouble and alone.

dagney
9th August 2007, 01:31
Oh MY God! What a terrific update. Gut wrenching scene with the accident. The pain and anguish felt by Lex and Clark. The evil that is Lionel. When, I'm quivering. Dagney

hfce
9th August 2007, 04:53
Oh that was good but scary. I am so sacred for Chloe and Lex. :eek:

malugargula
12th August 2007, 05:33
Wonderful update
:)
OMG what does Lionel want???
And I loved Clark turning back time... I wonder what will be the consequences...a
Please more soon

SVfan1286
17th August 2007, 01:38
What the hell does Lionel want?...and he better not hurt Chloe!
Chloe's death scene was completely heartbraking. Thank god Clark turned back time, I wonder if he will tell Chloe about her death and that Lex was responsible.

Exellent Chapter, can't wait to read more. Please post more soon!

letia84
25th January 2008, 01:03
Notes: Hello! I know this update has been longing coming but I haven’t forgotten about my fics. I hope you like the update.

Chapter 3 Destiny

As soon as Lex was announced the winner his phone was ringing off the hook. The press wanted a statement, his people wanted to congratulate him and his staff wanted to know what to do about the cars making there way around the perimeter of the manor.

Lex wasn’t ready to deal with any of it. His father’s whereabouts were his main concern at the moment.

He was trying to keep the press at bay by giving a statement to his head advisor over the phone. “There will be an official recount of every vote before I take on the role as senator. I have run a fair and clean election and want that to continue.”

Hearing the man sigh on the other line, he went on trying to force Lex out of hiding. “Mr. Luthor, with all due respect sir, I know you want people to think you ran a fair election but you won. You need to come out and make a statement.”

“I want a recount. Your job is to carry out the orders I have set before you so get me a recount.” With that Lex hung up the phone.

“I like it when you’re in charge.” Chloe mocked him staring at him from across his desk in the study. He knew very will she didn’t like it and even scolded him for it when it was directed at her.

“I’m glad you haven’t lost your sense of humor.” Lex moved around the desk towards her thinking he would get a nice warm hug but something rushing in front of him was what he was greeted with.

When Lex was able to see beyond the blur Clark was standing in front of him. “What did you do to him Lex?”

“Clark?” Lex heard Chloe question behind him and he watched Clark turn towards her.

“Chloe stay back.” Clark planted himself in between them as if he was a mountain that wouldn’t be moved. Once he was facing Lex he asked his question again. “What did you do?”

Lex was thrown by the fact that Clark had just used his powers right in front of him as if he knew Lex already knew the truth. He had no clue how to answer his question but when his mind came to he wanted Clark out of his way so he could get to Chloe.

Before he could say a word Clark was grabbing him. The feel of his grip closing around his throat was very familiar from his dream last night. “Clark stop!” Lex struggled trying to free himself from Clark’s hold with little success.

He could hear Chloe screaming behind him but there was really nothing she could do except watch. Lex was fully aware of Clark’s strength. He remembered what he had written about how it felt to be Clark and his description didn’t compare to the pain he was feeling now.

“What the hell are you doing?” Chloe screamed but her cries fell on deaf ears.

Clark’s grip was getting tighter and his wind pipe was closing in on him. Lex was afraid that he would snap his neck and he wouldn’t know why.

Then Clark filled in the blanks. “Chloe he fixed the election and he killed my father.”

The sound of Clark’s voice rang in his ears and it echoed through the throbbing in his throat. Looking to the side Lex could see Chloe coming from behind Clark.

Tears were streaming down her face and she was reaching out to Clark’s arm hoping to set him free. “So you solve the problem by killing Lex.” She replied to him.

Clark looked towards her and answered. “I have to stop him. I should have stopped him the first time.”

Lex could only listen as their dialogue went on. “What do you mean the first time?” The anger in her voice must have enraged Clark because Lex felt his grip loosen but it was followed by Clark tossing him across the room.

He could feel the wind rushing pass him as he cleared over the pool table and hit the wall. The feel of the wood crushing Lex’s back may have been the worse injury he had ever felt next to the gun shot wound. He tried to breathe but he found himself gasping, feeling sharp pains each time.

“It doesn’t matter what happened the first time, I’ll take care of him this time.” Lex could only hear Clark coming towards him and when he was able to focus in front of him what he saw wasn’t what he was expecting.

Clark was down on the ground close to him. He was grinding his teeth as if something was eating him from the inside out. His arms were clutching his body as if he was trying to find the source of the pain.

When Lex was Clark he felt like nothing could hurt him. Right now Lex was seeing that something could hurt him and it looked like it could even kill him.

His gaze moved up to the figure moving towards him and it was Chloe. She was holding a metal box in her hand and inside something was glowing. He watched her kneel down next to him placing the box in front of her.

“Are you alright?” She asked reaching her hands out to help him sit up.

“Chloe stop.” Lex looked to Clark as he mumbled.

He was in such a state of pain and shock Lex didn’t know what was going on. “What’s wrong with him?”

“It’s the meteor rocks. They…” Chloe started to explain but Clark was yelling this time.

“Don’t tell him.” Clark yelled. “He’s a murder.”

The last time Lex checked he hadn’t killed anyone but Jason recently. He had no idea what happened to his father but knew he had something to do with this.

“Lex is not a murder.” Chloe replied knowing very well he was a murder and would kill Jason again for what he done if he had the chance.

“He killed my father Chloe.” Clark grunted. He was still in pain and Lex just wanted it to stop.

Lex tried to reach for the box but he winced when he felt the pain shoot through his back. Chloe must have gotten the hint because she closed the box. As quickly as Clark was knocked down he was back on his feet.

Once he was up Lex knew he could rush at him at any moment and there was nothing he could do about it. Clark must have realized what he was doing because he just stood over them.

Lex had to say something in his own defense. “I didn’t kill your father Clark. I have no idea what happened but I didn’t do it.” His voice was raspy and he started wonder if permanent damage had been done.

“You didn’t mean to hurt Chloe but you did anyway. You did the same thing with my father. It’s the way you do everything. You never mean to hurt anybody but you do. I won’t let it happen again.”

He didn’t want to admit it but Lex did hurt people. There was never a time he wanted to hurt anyone but some how he did. This time he hadn’t done anything and could honestly say he didn’t hurt anyone.

Before he could say anything just as quickly as he came in Clark sped way. Clark said Jonathan was dead and there was only one person that could have killed him. Lionel had pushed things so far that the thought of what Lex had to do next made him cringe.

“I’ll call your staff for a doctor.” Chloe moved into action and went for the phone.

She made no mention of anything Clark had said or explained what happened with the meteor rock. Her focus was on taking care of him after he was man handled. At the moment, the pain had to be taken care of. Lex had lost all faith that Clark could be someone he would trust. When Chloe was about to tell him the rest of the truth Clark wouldn’t allow it.

Once Chloe was done on the phone she moved back next to him on the ground. When he looked at her face he could see she was worried and on edge. “Chloe I’ll be fine.”

“Good to know one of us will be.” Chloe answered. “I can’t believe Jonathan Kent is dead.”

Lex couldn’t believe it either but he would find out what happened soon enough.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

After a visit with his physician Lex was feeling better. He was given some pain meds but his back would be bruised for a while. His throat was also marked with Clark’s finger prints.

Clark really meant to come and kill him.

Once things had calmed down Lex was resting with Chloe in bed trying to think of what to do next. He needed to find his father. The vote recount was still being done and he had yet to make a statement to the press.

The only thing that Lex had a handle on was how to keep Clark at bay. He had his collection of green meteor rocks placed around the grounds of the manor. For some reason they weakened him and he was waiting for Chloe to tell him why.

“Are you awake?” He spoke down to her trying to get her to look up at him.

“You know what Clark is. There is nothing for me to say.” She answered as if she was reading his mind.

Lex had put together that Clark wasn’t from earth along time ago but there was more she hadn’t told him. “Yes I think it’s safe to say Clark is an alien but why do the rocks weaken him.”

Chloe pulled out of his arms and looked down at him lying down. “The rocks are called kryptonite and they are apart of his home world Krypton.”

Doing the best he could Lex moved up in the bed to be level with her. The pain meds helped but his back couldn’t take too much movement. “It sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud.”

“You want to say that sounds ridiculous yet you have a black spaceship in your possession.” Her head cocked to the side and she was right.

Lex smirked at her and marveled at how strong she was being. Lois had called a few times but she was ignoring the phone. The only person she bothered to call was her father and the conversation didn’t look to go well. She said they were in this together. Right now he did need her to be there for him.

“He didn’t want me to tell you.” Chloe looked away from him staring off at the wall. “All this time and if he just told you it could have saved us so much today.”

He reached out to her taking her hand closest to him. “We have to deal with the way things are now.” She looked back towards him but there moment was ruined by a knock at the door.

“Come in.” Lex called out, his voice was still raspy.

A man from his staff stepped into the room. “Report.” Lex waited for the answers he was looking for.

“We have your father.” The man started then his gaze went to Chloe. Lex didn’t know why he was distracted by her but he got his attention away from her by clearing his throat which was rather painful considering the state it was in.

The man turned his attention back to Lex and he finished. “He was here in Smallville.”

“What about the election?” Lex questioned.

“The recount is in and you are the winner sir.” He paused for a moment letting the last part of what he had to say come out slowly. “Jonathan Kent’s death has been confirmed. They are saying it was a heart attack.”

“Thank you. I want my father here and I want him to be restrained.” Lex nodded and the guard took the hint that he should go.

“What are you going to do?” Chloe questioned.

“Don’t you mean what are we going to do?” Lex reminded her of her promise from earlier that day.

“We are going to find out the truth.” On way or another she was right.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Just as Lex wanted, his father was brought to the manor and placed in the restraints in the basement that was rarely used. He was going to get the truth out of him for once in his life. He told Chloe she didn’t have to come down with him but she wanted in for all of it. As they moved down the stairs his guards were close by and he excused them.

Before Lex entered the room he paused on the steps to turn back to look at her. “Are you alright with this?”

“Yes.” She said plainly without any doubt in her voice. “I got all dressed for it.” Chloe let her hands run down the length of her dress.

She was wearing the black lacy, spaghetti strapped dress he’d given her as one of his Christmas gifts. After this was over Lex was going to make his announcement to the press and they were both dressed in their best.

He took her hand moving down the length of stairs to find his father a little worn. His jaw looked as if it took a good blow and his eye was slowly swelling up. “Come to thank me at last?” Lionel started right in.

The man was tied to a chair in the middle of the room but he still acted as if he owned the world. “Thank you for what dad?”

Lex let go of Chloe’s hand and she circled around the room to the left of Lionel while she moved to right. Instead of answering him Lionel tried to direct his attention to Chloe.

“You look well Ms. Sullivan.” He was trying to intimidate her.

“Thank you. Do you like the dress? It was one of my Christmas gifts.” Lex didn’t have to say anything. Chloe could hold her own with his father.

“I always thought you could pull off being a Luthor.”

She grinned at his words before she answered. “Sorry but I’m not a Luthor.”

“Not yet.” Lex corrected. If he could have his way all of this would be over so he could move on with Chloe. First he had to get rid of all the mess.

“Lex, I don’t think this is the time to think of the future.” She moved toward him slowly letting her hand trail up his chest to touch his face.

“I’m always thinking of the future.” He waited for it to happen, could feel it simmering between them. She reached up close to him and their lips met for moment. As she pulled away Chloe gave his bottom lip a gentle tug and sultry smile. “But you’re right we should deal with the present at the moment.” Lex didn’t back away just yet.

This moment was meant to intimidate Lionel. Lex told Chloe what was to happen before they came down but he didn’t know if she would any good at it. Somehow she knew the kiss would rattle his father’s nerves.

“Please spare me the show of watching you two fawn over each other.” Lionel spoke up.

Lex paid no mind to him and gave Chloe another quick kiss on the lips before looking back to his father. “Alright then dad you were supposed to be telling me what I’m thanking you for.”

“Helping you win the election of course.” He answered plainly as if he should know.

“I didn’t need your help…” Before Lex could finish he was being interrupted.

“Of course you needed it Lex.” He chuckled to himself briefly before going on. “You have always needed my help.”

“He didn’t need your help.” Chloe tried to defend him but there was no way of understanding what the statement meant.

When Lex was a child and was left alone after his mother he did need his father’s help. When ever he got into trouble as a child he needed his father. The business he had taken over was his father’s. The house he was in was in was his father’s. The penthouse waiting in Metropolis was his father’s. Nearly every cent he spent wasn’t his own.

At the moment the way things were going he didn’t need him. Luthor Corp. was doing well because of him. The addition to the experimental science department were all him. The race may have been a failure but he did it the right way unlike so many things in his life.

He looked towards Chloe and could see she was flushed. Lionel was getting to her. Before he answered he moved towards her taking her hand to calm her some.

Lex looked at his father and for once he had him. The trial should have been the moment Lionel would be put away for good but it didn’t stick. Now he would have to go to extremes if Lex was going to protect the life that he was starting.

“See Chloe, Lex knows his place.” Lionel spoke up after the long pause. “Both of you need me now to cover up what has happen with the Teagues.”

“Dad we aren’t here to talk about them. Besides I have handled them well enough. We are here to talk about what you are going to do now.” Lex let go of Chloe’s hand to move toward Lionel.

“You’re both murderers and you don’t think that warrants some conversation?” Lionel’s eyes narrowed as if the stare was suppose to cut into them.

Lex looked back at Chloe. He knew what happened with Genevieve was hard on her but what she said next didn’t make it seem that way anymore. “Didn’t you get convicted for killing your parents?”

Turning back to his father Lex was reminded of his newest victim. “Let’s not forget your latest murder.”

He didn’t flinch or look away but he did respond. “If Jonathan Kent is dead then it is because he was weak.”

“Is that why you’re bruised?” Chloe was putting it together before Lex could “You threatened him and he beat you up.”

Lionel sighed as if what she said was ridiculous. “Yes he overreacted and a few blows were exchanged. I simply came to him to secure the votes I worked so hard to win for my son.”

“So, you admit to killing him.” Lex wanted to hear him say it.

“I didn’t kill him.” He answered coldly.

“But you threatened him.” Lex took a step closer to him. “You told him something that you knew would push him over the edge.” He moved in a little more. “What did you know that could make his heart unable to take the strain?”

“He knows about Clark.” Chloe murmured behind him.

Lionel’s eyes widened just enough to show he was having a response. “You do know?” Lex questioned him catching the small reaction.

“Are you telling me you know as well?” Lionel replied and he seemed to be back in control again. “I knew Ms. Sullivan would find out but I thought you would never figure it out Lex.”

Lex stepped away from his father without answering. He reached for Chloe’s arm pulling her closer to him to whisper something in her ear. Her body stiffed against him then she relaxed again.

Her eyes looked towards him and he could see the acceptance in her eyes. Lex didn’t want to but he always knew one day it would come to this. He knew Clark’s secret and, even though they were at odds, it wasn’t the same as his father knowing.

After everything it was time to embrace his destiny and do away with his father once and for all. “There are two options for you dad.”

“You’re laying down ultimatums to me.” Lionel questioned, he truly was a magnificent bastard. Lex had every right to do just that.

A small bead of sweat trickled down his brow and Lex could feel the thick tension in the room. “Yes, I’m laying down ultimatums. You won’t stop until someone stops you.” Lex moved closer to him placing his face directly in front of his father’s. “I’m going to stop you.”

Of course he laughed. The man had his freedom taken away, his company was siege and every cent he made was now in Lex’s hand. Yet none of that mattered because he still formed a smirk on his face and laughed at him.

Lex stepped back to look at him and for once, even though he was belittling him, he had the power. “Your first choice is jail. You will admit to tampering with the votes and to attacking Jonathan Kent.”

“If I don’t do this?” Lionel questioned.

“Then this is the last time I speak to you.” Lex watched his father process what he was saying. For the first time Lex was admitting that the only way to truly win was to murder his father.

It took Lionel no time to understand what he meant. “If you do that then you will truly be my son.” He paused looking to Chloe. “You think Lex is different but he’s a Luthor. He takes this step and he’ll be more like me than you know. Are you ready to accept that?”

Looking back to her Lex let Chloe answer what he already knew. “Lex is nothing like you.” She moved to take his hand taking each step slowly making her point. “For once in your life just accept that you have been beaten.”

“What’s it going to be dad?” Lex waited for and answer hoping his father would get it right this time and do what was necessary.

“You won’t kill me. You don’t have it in you Alexander.” There was long stare between them and Lionel did his best to intimidate him one last time.

“Good bye dad.” Lex took leave of his father thinking it would be easy but it wasn’t. The only thing making it any better was Chloe leaving with him. Once he was at the top of the stairs a member of his staff was standing in wait for him.

“The press is ready for your statement in grand hall number two.” The man announced.

“Thank you.” For a second Lex didn’t care to see the press now but he had to. “Are ready?” He asked Chloe standing beside him now.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She questioned back.
“It’s alright if you come out but if you’re not ready it’s okay.” As he waited for her to respond Chloe looked to him then at the man in front of them. “You can leave.” Once the guard was clear she spoke up.

“I don’t care what the press thinks about me. You know I’m done hiding out.” She moved in front him making sure he could see fully. “Are you ready to do? This is your father?”

“Its time to stop him once and for all.” Lex answered and waited for her to run away from saying it as all too much to handle.

“Lets go.” She moved ahead of him and they didn’t talk about it again that day.

The press was like a pack of wolves out for fresh meat. The whole thing would be short and Lex would say few words to them. He hoped they wouldn’t notice that he was still in a bit of pain. His head of the election staff was already in front of them trying to calm them down.

Lex was holding Chloe’s hand when they walked into the room. Chloe’s hand started shaking in his. With a tiny squeeze he reassured her that things were okay. Once he was in the room, the press turned their attention away from his staff member to the door. The man moved away from the front towards Lex.

“They’re all yours.” He murmured as he passed.

Letting go of Chloe’s hand Lex moved in front of the crowd. He cleared his thoughts and waited for them to quite. Once there was silence he started.

“It’s a tragedy what happened to my running mate Jonathan Kent. My heart goes out to his family during this difficult time.” He paused after there was some rumbling in the crowd. “At this time, I would like to state that I will not be accepting the senate seat. The possibility that the voting was tampered with keeps me from doing so. After a thorough investigation allows the voice of the people to be heard this election remains undecided. Until that time I will make no future statements about this matter.”

Lex stepped back and prepared to leave. The wolves started to foam at the mouth with questions. The flash bulbs started to go off just as quickly as the roar began. He turned to look at Chloe who was looking back at him.

At this point it didn’t matter what anyone saw so he took no care in leaning close to her ear to whisper something to her. “How did I do?”

He looked back her at to find she was smiling at the crowd but speaking to him. “You sound like a senator to me.”

He wanted to laugh but took her hand to exit the room. Things were far from being over but at least one thing was behind them.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

The senate race may have been a failure but Lex never really put his heart into it. Luthor corp., the black ship and finally having Chloe back clouded all of it. He was happy that Martha Kent had taken on her husband’s senate position.

There was always a mutual respect between them and if he had to lose to anyone then it would be her. When it was all said and done Lex bowed out gracefully and gave Martha his full support.

The past few weeks the truth was buried in the snow that had blanketed Smallville. The day of Jonathan Kent’s funeral the local farming community, close friends and family came out in large numbers. Each and everyone came out on the snow day that hit the small town the hardest but they didn’t care. They were all people that were in some way or another touched by Kent’s charm that Lex never saw.

The story wasn’t the same for Lionel’s funeral that winters day. The crowd slowly made their way home and away from the dark marble head stone that marked Lionel Luthor’s final resting place. Many of those people were bullied, tricked, cheated or in some way damaged by the presence of Lex’s father. Even in death his father had the ability to put the fear in people. They all came to the service most likely to see if it was real.

News reports had been going with the story that was one Lex would always believe as true even though he knew it wasn’t. His father lost his life after threatening Jonathan Kent to drop out of the senate election. Lionel’s exit after Mr. Kent went into cardiac arrest was rushed and caused him to crash his vehicle on the icy rode.

Lionel had a choice. Lex had given it to him and this is what he choose. He could go on feeling sorry for himself and longing for life with a loving father but that wasn’t going to happen.

There was only the future now.

Part of that new future was holding onto his hand keeping him steady that day. It may have seemed like he was putting too much faith in her but there was no one else that had seen Lex at his worst and was able to handle it.

“It was a nice ceremony.” Chloe broke the silence as they stood staring at the head stone with Lex’s father’s name just below his mother’s.

He nodded once and didn’t respond. The ceremony was just a show and it was done as tasteful as he could do according to his father’s will.

“If you want to…” Chloe started then stopped.

“If I want to what?” He wasn’t sure were she was going with her question.

A harsh puff of air left her and the cold air flashed in front of her before she spoke. “He was your father and if you want to let go then it’s alright.”

In all this Lex was so wrapped up in getting the election results, taking care of the mess that was Clark and seeing to Chloe he didn’t give much thought to ‘letting go’ as she put it.

“What do you mean; if I want to cry or something?” He asked warily.

“Not exactly.” She paused looking for the right words. “I guess I mean if you want to get roaring drunk and burn everything in the manor that reminds you of him it would be okay.”

The idea made Lex smirk. It might be fun to lash out but he wasn’t feeling anything like that. A relief washed over him that day. All the anger and pain he felt was washed away by today’s events.

“Thank you.” He started then turned down to look at her. “But I think your company is all I really want at the moment.”

She smiled and it never failed to make him warm inside even in the cold air of the day. “I can do that.” Once she answered she finished with a kiss on his cheek.

There was one thing he wanted to do before heading away from the burial site. “Can you leave me alone for a few minutes?” Lex asked. He wanted to say good bye alone.

“I’ll see you in the car.” She answered.

Before Chloe could get too far away from him she was calling out to him. “Lex!” His attention was turned to her and Clark was approaching them. She backed up to stand beside him again. “What does he want?”

Lex hadn’t spoken to or seen Clark since he nearly killed him. The manor was still covered in meteor rocks to ward him off until he knew what was to be done about him. There were things he needed answers to that Clark only knew but couldn’t very well ask him if he was trying to kill him.

Once he was in front of them there was a blank stare on his face. His father’s death had shaken him in ways Lex would never understand. “I’m sorry for your loss.” Clark spoke up.

There was a small lead box in his pocket that held a piece of meteor rock. If anything got out of hand he would be forced to use it. At the moment it didn’t seem like that was what Clark was there for.
“Thank you.” Lex answered reaching out to take Chloe’s hand.

Clark clinched his hands into fists as if he was holding himself back before he went on. “I want to believe that Lionel was the cause of everything that went wrong but I can’t.”

“Clark stop this now.” Chloe tried to warn him off but Clark just went on.

“I know somehow my father’s death was because of you.” He his anger was starting to surface once he mentioned his father. “I promise you, I won’t let what happened to him happen to anyone else you come near.” He looked right at Chloe with his next response. “I especially won’t let you hurt Chloe.”

“How many times do I have to tell you I’m fine Clark?” She was defending him but Lex knew better. Something happened to Chloe in a dream that Clark knew was true.

The how’s or why’s remained to be seen but Clark knew. He stepped in forcing Clark to look at his real target. “I understand that you loved your father but I didn’t have anything to do with his death and seeking out revenge against me won’t bring him back.”

Clark moved closer to him making Lex reach for his jacket pocket. He clasped the box in his hand and just waited for the moment he would have to do what seemed to be the inevitable conclusion to his friendship with Clark.

Lex watched him breathe in and get control over himself before he answered. “This isn’t revenge; its justice. I will bring you to justice before I let you hurt another person.”

The words made him want to laugh. At the moment Lex was untouchable and the police were the least of his worries. Looking into Clark’s eyes he could see the hurt little boy inside. Being in a world that wasn’t his own and losing something that mattered so much to him looked to be killing him inside.

For the moment Lex wasn’t going to do what he had to next but his life was about the future and not looking at the past. He and Clark had long past been friends. As Lex blinked and his gaze was back on Clark, he knew what he had to do. “I know everything now Clark.”

“Because you used Chloe to get it.” The boy was nearly screaming at him piercing the chilled air.

Lex could hear Chloe starting to protest but he stopped her. He let his body turn to face her showing her that he could handle this. A slight nod from her and he turned back to Clark.

“She was loyal to you Clark.” Lex started closing the gap between them. “I asked her to tell me and she wouldn’t because she didn’t want to betray your friendship . I understood what that meant because trust is very important to me. I trusted you and I was repaid with lies. Chloe trusted you and you did the same to her.”

As he spoke Lex slowly opened the box in his pocket. The rock was encased in a ring that was fitted for his right hand. It could have been extreme but it seemed necessary after the last beating Clark had given him.

The affects were instant and Clark started to back away. His focus was lost and his footing started to betray him.

“If you came here to try and beat me so I can tell you something I didn’t do the day your father died you are mistaken.” Lex made a show of taking the right hand from his pocket, and taking off his leather glove to expose his hand then he slipped the ring onto his finger letting Clark get a full view of it.

He winced and toppled over on the snowy ground. As Lex stood over him he spoke. “I told you Clark I know everything.”

The boys eyes widened more as he took in his words then, he pleaded for help. “Chloe stop him.”

“No.” It was simple but Chloe’s words cut right into Clark as he let the pain wash over him.

Lex knew how strong Clark was and the thought the he was invincible was unsettling but now he knew better. Moving over his body Lex leaned down to his level. “I would never hurt Chloe or anybody else I cared about. You, on the other hand, can’t even tell the woman you’re in love with the truth about what you really are.” There was no way of knowing if Lana was still in the dark but, with Clark’s track record, it had to be true.

He leaned closer to him making sure he could hear him. “I know the power of truth, just look at who’s standing with me and not with you.” As he stood Lex found Chloe standing on his left next to him.

There was hint of worry in her eyes but Chloe didn’t back away. It was a hard loss for both of them but Clark had to be put in his place. At the start of it all Lex wanted just a taste of what Clark had. The trust and loyalty of friends and family was always fleeting in his life. Without Lionel around maybe Lex could have the things that eluded him. Now that he had those things he couldn’t understand why Clark took all of it for granted.

As the worry washed away she spoke up. “Let’s go.”

As they took a few steps away Lex placed the ring back in its resting place in his pocket inside the lead box. Lex heard Clark calling out to him. “Tell me where the ship is Lex!” His words fell on deaf ears but Lex should have listened because he had no idea the true power the black ship held.
While they moved out of the cemetery Lex left behind two parts of his life he could never control. Lex was more in control of his life then ever as he left his father, now finally gone, and his so called friend covered in snow on the ground. Leaving Lionel seemed so easy because he was settled that their relationship was lost but Clark was another story.

Once he told Clark their relationship would be the stuff of legends. At the time he meant that they would be great friends but maybe this had always been their destiny.

Enemies made great legends too.

TBC

Chapter 4 Taken

lj715
25th January 2008, 04:28
Excellent chapter! Love the last line "Enemies made great legends too."

dagney
25th January 2008, 05:16
I'm excited to see this story continue. Dagney

westwingwolf
25th January 2008, 06:20
Clark deserve everything he got for blaming Lex when he had nothing to do with Jonathan's death. Clark is an ass for wanting to kill Lex without having any clear reason. Especially when he knows that he made that choice to turn back time.

Glad to see that Chloe and Lex are going to stick together and that Lionel is gone. I hope that everything stays well for Lex and Chloe.

hfce
25th January 2008, 06:28
That was great and intense. I am so glad Chloe stood by him. :)

Marie
27th January 2008, 11:23
Terrific story!!! Much better plot than Smallville. I'm looking forward to reading more.

marcy2401
27th January 2008, 20:56
Great Story! Chlark got what he deserved! Update Soon!

starmoon
6th April 2008, 09:16
wow!!! that was great. a perfect ending to all the stories.

letia84
9th May 2008, 22:24
Notes: This is the first I have posted in while with out lj reading it first so I hope its alright.

Chapter 4 Taken

Chloe’s dreams were becoming increasingly worse. At the start of it Lex had pushed them aside because she said she was fine. During her waking hours she seemed to be alright, but there was something looming he couldn’t get a handle on.

She tossed and turned at night. At first it lasted a few seconds, and the next time it lasted as long as Lex could watch her before waking her. The last time she woke her self up. It was going on a few weeks of her telling him it was nothing and Lex had enough of it.

They were able to be in public now but, for some reason Chloe wanted to stay in more. She seemed to want to hide out when they were together. When Lex moved back to Metropolis the move put him back in city where he belonged, but it put Chloe at a disadvantage.

She was being followed. The press could be cruel and on the pages of the style section she found her self being the object of their cruelty. Mostly they spoke about where they were seen together and from time to time her age was in question. Chloe was beautiful and more fashionable then many starting reporters at the Daily Planet but being caught sneezing was enough for them to poke fun at.

Being out in public was supposed make things better. Lex didn’t have to hide anymore and it should be a freeing experience, but Chloe didn’t see it that way. For some reason it made her want to retreat.

They were falling into a routine that was slowly being disrupted. She was pulling away and Lex could feel it every time they were together. Her time was spent more in the basement of Daily Planet or in her dorm room at Met U then with him.

In an effort to see more of her Lex pushed for the weekend to be spent at the manor. The isolation of the estate might put Chloe at ease. Before heading back there to meet her he had another matter to attend to.

What Clark spoke of that last time he saw him was now missing. The warehouse holding the black ship was in chaos. The ship disappeared the night before without a trace.

As Lex reviewed the footage his staff’s description was spot on. The ship was there the night before, safe and secure then something started to move for the bottom of the ship. Whatever it was Lex would never know because the clear picture on the screen suddenly went snowy.

“Is this the same for all the cameras” Lex questioned his jumpy head of staff Edgar Cole.

“Yes.” Poor Edgar’s nerves were getting the best of him. Lex barely heard the answer.

“Don’t worry Edgar I’m not going to hurt. Lex looked away from the screen to see Edgar adjusting his glasses. Coming into the warehouse Lex wasn’t pleased and it was getting to everyone around him.

“Sir your mood doesn’t make that rea…reass… reassuring.” He wiped the sweat from his brow and looked as if he might vomit any moment.

“Tell me what you do know Mr. Cole.” Lex was on edge but he was doing is best to keep it in check. Nothing seemed to be going right at the moment and this was just making it harder to keep his cool.

“There was this.” Edgar waved to a waiting staff member that brought over a glass tube with something held in the center of it. Once it was in his hands Edgar presented it to Lex as if he should guess what it was.

“This shard of something should be what?” Lex noted with a sarcastic tone.

“It was the only thing left from the ship.” Edgar paused to pop a pill. Recently Lex let his medical team help him with his nervous twitches. After he downed the meds his voice steadied some. “It gives off the same readings as the ship and it has similar properties to light like the green rocks.”

Lex put it together quickly. This was new form of the meteor rocks that came from the ship. He knew what the green did to Clark. Chloe told him what the red would do to him. Now there was a small piece that had even more possibilities.

“Keep running test.” Lex spoke handing the glass tube back. “Keep me updated on the search for the black ship. I want it found before someone else gets to it.”

“I’ll do my best Mr. Luthor.” Edgar turned away placing down the new artifact but Lex wasn’t finish talking.

His hands extended towards him and his anger wasn’t as in control as he thought. Lex turned Edgar towards him pushing the poor man into the nearest object in the room. “You need to do better then your best to complete this task. Its obvious to me your best is subpar. Disappointment again and you will need more then your new pills to keep your self in check Mr. Cole.”

Edgar nodded furiously in responds. When Lex let him go he was reminded of the other people in the room. They were all looking but once he turned to them they all went back to what they were doing.

His outburst could work in his favor or it could scare his staff away. There was so much power hiding with in the black ship. He had every right to an outburst now that it was missing. If there was one alien ship then there could be another. Lex need to harness its power before someone else got to it first.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

When Lex arrived at the manor there was no one there to greet him. He was told Chloe had arrived but she wasn’t in any of the usual places. The room that was set for her had her things there but she wasn’t there. She hadn’t taken to wondering around the grounds so there were only a few places she could be.

The kitchen was also a bust and now the study. The study was his last resort to where she was since it was a major hub for the security system. As he viewed over the manor and the grounds Lex was reminded of how lonely it was living there.

He got site of her and Chloe was far off in the south wing. The area was closed for sometime now but she was outside on one of the patios.

Now that he knew where she was Lex made his way to the south wing. When he reached the doors leading out to the patio they were already open. She was sitting in a chair looking out into the darkness. The area had no lighting on and she was looking at nothing.

“What are you doing out here?” When Lex spoke she turned to look him.

“I wanted to see what was out here.” She spoke then turned back.

He took the chair next to her reaching out for her hand. She shied away from him. It wasn’t a shock because they hadn’t been physical for a while now. Like many a time before Lex pushed back the need to pull her to him and remind her of what it was like when they were close.

“There isn’t much to see in the dark.” Lex looked out again trying to see something but finding nothing. “I could turn the lights on.”

“No.” She looked to him as she spoke. “I can see what I need to see.”

“What is that?” His concern was pushed into over load when she replied.

She turned then extended her arm out into the abyss as she answered. “I see nothing.”

The way the words came out was so disturbing. When she spoke it was as if she was talking about her self and not the view. Then the look on her face brought him back to place he didn’t want to be.

This was how she was when Genevieve died. Chloe was at such a lost she left him. He couldn’t let that happen again.

“Chloe we really need to talk about what’s going on with you.” He waited for a responds but got none. “Chloe please look at me.”

There was something very wrong with the way things were going. Finally being honest with Chloe and having her in his life was supposed to be what they both wanted. It didn’t seem she wanted it anymore.

“I don’t really want to talk.” She answered still keeping her gaze in front of her then suddenly she was on her feet moving in front of him.

“What are you doing?” His questions keep coming but he was getting no answers. Instead of speaking her body moved to straddle on top of his.

Chloe’s eyes meet his head on and he knew the look. She wanted him and after not wanting for so long it was relief to see that she could still feel that.

“You don’t want to talk either.” Her voice was low and after she spoke a sly half smile followed. “Do you?”

“I do want to talk.” Lex was having a hard time with this. He wanted to let his body do as it pleased but something wasn’t right.

Yet Chloe didn’t seem to care that something was off. Her lips descended on him before he could say another word. The kiss that followed was long over do. It wasn’t gentle or sweet, but pulsing and rough. Her tongue didn’t waste time moving into his mouth and giving him a run for his money.

Lex did as pleased wrapping his arms around her body pulling her closer to him. For a moment he pulled away to let his lips traveling down her chin to her neck. As he was nibbling at her pulse Lex heard something unexpected.

Chloe was sobbing.

He stopped immediately to look at her. When he saw her face it was flushed and tears were streaming all over. “What is it?” There were so many questions haunting him now.

Did the thought of touching him make her want to cry? Could it be whatever kept her up at night was surfacing? There was also the worse question of all.

Was she was leaving him and didn’t know how to tell him?

“I don’t know, I don’t know…” She repeated the words over and over until he stopped her by pulling her closer so he could hug her.

“I can’t help if you don’t tell me something.”

“I think I’m losing it.” Chloe murmured to him softly between sobs.

When he went to her after graduation Chloe mention feeling like she was losing her self. She said that she felt as if she was turning into her mother. This could be fear without any cause.

“You’re not losing anything.” Lex moved to take her face into his hands as he made his point. “You are strong and you’re nothing like her.”

He could see she knew what he meant as she answered. “I can’t keep my self from being like my mother Lex. Its happening no matter how strong you think I am.”

Now that he had a problem there was something he could do. “Let’s go see my doctors. Let’s figure out what this is together.”

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

There was nothing Lex could now but stand and wait. He watched the door leading to the doctor he called that was now speaking with Chloe. When he felt like he couldn’t take anymore Lex went for the door that was quickly opened before he could do the job.

Simon Troche stepped out of the room with his clip board in had. “What’s wrong with her?” Lex went right in to it needing to know it all as soon as possible.

Dr. Troche cleared his throat before answering and seemed to be picking his words wisely. “Physically she’s healthy but…”

“But what!” He didn’t mean to but he yelled interrupting him. The man should know better then to sugar coating what was going on. This was the love of his life and he be damned if he didn’t get the truth now.

Dr. Troche got the point and answered quickly. “According to her mother’s catatonic type schizophrenia diagnoses it appears she is showing early signs of schizophrenia.”

Lex’s eyes widen. When Chloe found her mother Lex had recently learned the outcome wasn’t as expected. Moria Sullivan was motionless and had been for years. The thought of Chloe becoming just like that shot fear through him like he never felt before.

“Is this normal?” Lex looked to the door afraid of what was behind it. “Should she be showing signs of the disease this early in her life?”

“It’s genetic for Chloe and she could have never showed any signs of the disease but social aspects of her life have influence. Something could have happened recently that has placed her in this position. The not sleeping, the lack of intimacy with you and what you saw with her tonight could all have to deal with something lurking in her subconscious that leads to more symptoms then finally the disease taking over.”

Lex knew what was lurking. Chloe was keeping so many secrets. The people in her life she could turn to other then him were all gone. She couldn’t tell her father and Clark was pushed out of her life as well thanks to him.

She was being taken away because of what he had done.

“How do we deal with it?” There was only making it right now. He didn’t have to lose her to this. In the end he might even be able to bring Moria back to Chloe once she was healthy.

“I can prescribe some medication and I suggest she starts keeping a journal of her feelings so we can pinpoint what type of schizophrenia she has.”

Lex slanted his eyes at him. He meant dealing with this very differently. Dr. Troche was the head of special projects working with neurological disorders and it was time he showed him what he could do. “I think you know what I mean about what can be done.”

The doctor wiped his brow and swallowed hard before answering. “Sir many of those techniques are experimental. I don’t know if you want to subject Ms. Sullivan to…”

Lex moved in on the man making sure he understood what he was about to say. “I don’t care about that. Nothing is taking Chloe away from me. So we will do whatever we have to in order to stop this from ruining her life.”

“Of course Mr. Luthor.” The doctor inched away. He waited for Lex to nod and he took his leave to get to work.

Lex need to do the same now because Chloe was waiting for him. As he went into the room Lex couldn’t let fear take him over. There was no way he was going to let her sit there alone thinking he wasn’t going to support her in this. He was the cause and he would be there every step of the way.

When he moved into the room she was looking right at him. “Did he tell you?” Her face was still flush, but at least she stopped crying for the moment.

“It doesn’t matter what he said.” Lex started moving into the room. “You are going to be fine.” He tried to make the words believable, but he was having a hard time believing them.

Chloe saw right through him. “Just make sure you put flowers that I like inside my padded cell.” A nervous chuckle followed her bad joke.

“That’s not funny.” Lex was sitting next to her now taking her hand into his. “This is not taking you.” Lex finally had the convention he need. Looking into her eyes he had to make this right. Even if she needed to be away from him in the end Chloe deserved a better life then this.

At one time Lex needed someone to save him and Chloe was his hero. Now he wanted to be hers. When she looked at him this time she could tell he meant what he said. Her head leaned into him and rested on his chest. Lex just held her until she fell asleep.

They didn’t speak a word, but Lex let his firm grip tell her he wasn’t leaving. When she was asleep at last Lex repositioned them on the bed. He didn’t sleep that night and just watched over Chloe. That night she didn’t toss and turn. It had to be because she knew he was going to fix this.

Chloe wouldn’t be taken from him again.

TBC

Chapter 5 Getting it Right

Notes: Only one more chapters of this one to go. Don’t forget to check the new update for Crawling Back (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5408)if you have been reading it.

karila
9th May 2008, 23:37
Your story is really great!
I hope that all will be OK for Chloe and Lex.

westwingwolf
9th May 2008, 23:58
It's heartbreaking that Chloe has to go through this, but at least she has Lex. And I know he won't let her slip away without a fight. I so so so hope that he will be able to prevent her illness from taking her away. He's done so much to make sure this life isn't horrible and she's done so much for him, neither of them deserve this.

hfce
10th May 2008, 23:10
Aww that was so sad. I hope Lex can help. :(

lj715
11th May 2008, 12:20
Very sad but it's good that Lex won;t give up on her. You did a great job, an excellent update.

SVfan1286
12th May 2008, 11:59
The last two chapters were awesome! I feel so bad for Chloe, it's so heartbreaking to see her losing herself to her mothers illness... and poor Lex, he finally gets rid of Lionel, and Chloe and him don't have to hide their relationship anymore... and than this happens... But I love that Lex is there and so supportive, hopefully he can find a way to help her. I look forward to reading the next chapter!!

marcy2401
16th June 2008, 03:12
Loved that Lex is going to stand by her. Great Chapter. Can't wait to read more!

DarkFire
5th July 2008, 22:45
More please. :blinkkiss :drool2: :grin3: :yeahbaby:

letia84
14th October 2008, 04:56
Chapter 5 Getting it Right

Lex didn’t want to have this talk but it had to be done. He needed help if his plan was to work. The fact that he had to humble himself to Clark Kent after everything made him cringe.

To make this encounter a little easier on himself, Lex was about to pour a tall glass of scotch but then decided against it. He needed to be fully alert when Clark arrived.

The meteor rocks protecting his home were removed earlier that day. Clark could appear in front of him at any moment. The only reason Clark agreed to come had nothing to do with their falling out or the missing black ship. It was all about one person.

Chloe was getting worse.

No matter how many drugs or tests Lex gave her she was slowly slipping away. Last night, when Lex was with Chloe, he just watched her stare off at nothing for three hours. It brought him to tears when she wouldn’t answer him. He knelt down in front of her squeezing her hand to shake her out of her trance.

When he was shouting at the top of his lungs the doctor had to remove him. Before he left he watched them drug her so she could sleep. Lex didn’t sleep at all that night. He lied in bed seeing Chloe’s blank expression.

It was going on a month since all of this started. At first the meds helped her. Chloe was active at work and at school. She still wanted to be with him. For a while he had her back but quickly the sweet and salty Chloe that he knew was slowly slipping away.

Before she was being drugged to sleep Chloe’s nights were longer. She would stay awake at night looking at nothing. That made her days shorter because she was too exhausted to move once her mind was freed her from the night before. Then the worst of it happened while she was at work. In the basement of the Daily Planet Chloe froze at her desk. They sent her to the hospital at once.

She was in Lex’s facility now. There was no way he would let her go to Belle Reeve. He promised her she would never be like her mother. It was time to keep his promise.

Sitting very still at his desk Lex waited for Clark’s arrival. Without warning, just like he thought, Clark appeared in front of him. It seemed as if he was over his fear of showing Lex what he already knew about his powers.

Clark super sped into the room sending the papers on his desk flying. “Where is she?” He started right in without a hello.

“She’s being taken care of.” Lex answered. For now he ignored the mess Clark made and walked around his desk to stand in front of him.

Now that Lex knew what Clark could do he felt like he was being towered over. There was always a plan B if Clark got out of control. The ring he had made was resting in the small lead box in his jacket pocket.

“What’s going on Lex? Her father is worried sick.” Clark looked at him with a hard line forming on his brow.

“You know what this is Clark. It’s something Chloe has feared since she found her mother.” Lex watched him put it together.

Clark’s eyes widened as he spoke. “The disease?” He questioned.

They both knew it was schizophrenia but neither of them could say it aloud. Lex nodded with a stained look in his eyes.

“What are we going to do?” Quickly they became a united front. It didn’t matter that they both hated each other more than anything at that moment.

They both had to rise up as one to take care of this problem. “She was taking medication but it’s no longer working. I have exhausted my resources. There is one thing we can do to reverse this completely. In the long run who knows but for now I have a sure way to keep this at bay.”

“What is it?” Clark spoke a little weary. He had to know that there would be a price to what Lex was proposing.

“We treat her with something extreme.” Lex started. Clark nodded and waited for him to go on. “She’ll have some memory loss but it will all be temporary. The things important to her will come back quickly.”

Clark took a step back turning away from him. This wasn’t a decision Lex was allowing Clark to make. It was one Lex had given to Chloe. In her last waking moments he told her he could save her. She said do whatever he had to. Lex explained to her what would happen but one critical point. It was what Lex needed Clark to do now.

“Clark.” Lex waited for him to turn to him and when he did it wasn’t pretty.

The line in his brow furrowed even deeper. The look in his eyes was on the verge of tears. “I think I know what you want to do.” Clark answered slow and steady.

“The treatment I received in Belle Reeve has been perfected. She won’t be in any pain. It will be over in a matter of moments.” Lex wasn’t only trying to convince Clark but he was trying to convince himself.

The weeks he lost after Belle Reeve haunted him for so long. Making Chloe go through the same thing pained him more than he wanted to feel. It was something he would never have offered as an option but the technique had been perfected. It put her mind back into a state before things went wrong in her life. Wiping the slate clean seemed to be the only way.

“If you think I’m going to stand by and watch you strap her down then fry her brain you’re sadly mistaken.” Clark went into protection mode.

Lex was prepared for this. “Clark I didn’t ask you for your opinions. Chloe has already agreed to go through with this.”

“She would never…” He started but Lex quickly stopped him.

“Don’t say another word.” Lex walked toward him no longer feeling towered over. He was in protection mode now. “This is killing her. Do you get that? Everything she ever wanted for her life is gone. There is no fighting this. Her mind will slowly eat away at itself until there is nothing left but a shell. A woman that looks like, smells like, and breathes like Chloe will be what you see but it won’t be her Clark. It will be a lifeless shell.”

He watched Clark’s breathing hitch. It made him wonder if he actually needed the oxygen. “Why is this happening?” He swallowed over the words.

“Chloe has so many secrets.” Clark eyed him over that one. “She’s holding things about you and me.” Lex hit him with that. Clark kept thinking he was innocent in all of this but he wasn’t. “Things her subconscious mind can’t handle.”

It was constant need for Chloe to suppress. There were so many things all of them wanted to forget. For Chloe she had the added bonus of a genetic disease to push her over the edge. Clark would have to see that Chloe was strong maybe even stronger than him but she couldn’t deny her bloodline.

“What do I need to do?” Lex watched Clark push his concerns aside. If Clark cared for Chloe then he and Lex both had to make a sacrifice.

“I’m going to tell you a story. This is what you are going to tell Chloe.” Lex watched him nod. “The most important part of her recovery is staying away from me.” He started.

“What?” Clark’s confusion was clear.

“I don’t care what she asks you just tell her that she should stay away from me. Spin it how ever you wish as long as it keeps her away.” Lex didn’t want to say this. The trigger to Chloe’s change was him. If she was going to get well and stay that way then he had to do things the right way.

After placing himself so firmly into her life Lex was going to fall out of it. They both had risen so far beyond the safe house that Lex didn’t think it was possible. Now it was time for him to fall away. It was a fall he had been waiting for everyday he was with her. Losing her then getting her back only prolonged what was bound to happen.

“If Chloe makes up her mind to see you it won’t matter what I say.” Clark spoke reluctantly. He still didn’t want to believe Chloe loved him.

“I’ll do my part if you just do yours.” Lex waited for him to respond.

“When do we do this?” The conversation was over and now it was time for action.

Lex went over the details Clark needed to know. Things would progress as they should in the coming days. The one thing Lex had worked so hard to get right would be lost. What mattered was making sure Chloe was whole again.

He promised to be with her before the procedure started. It was then he would say his hidden good bye. When she woke up her friends and family would be there and Lex would be were he should have always been.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Three Months Later

Alien space crafts shouldn’t be that hard to find. At least that’s what Lex kept telling his staff. The black ship was still missing. It was to the point now that he didn’t know if he should just move on from it. He still had the black meteor rock to work with. His staff was even less successful in understanding that.

All these clues and no answers as to how they fit together was how it always was. The point of all of this was to know if more were coming. Clark could be the last but if he wasn’t then how could Lex stand by and let the world be in danger when he had the knowledge to save it. The black ship was surrounded by carnage when he found it. He couldn’t let there be a repeat performance.

Now that a major part of his life was gone Lex had all the time in the world to devote to work and to his other hobbies. When he wasn’t doing either of those things all he could do was think about the life that he had no possibility of maintaining.

From the start Lex knew he would only end up hurting her. Kissing her the first time in the safe house should have never happened. Seeking her out after he worked so hard to be away from her so many times was a mistake.

This time, after all the mistakes, Lex wanted to get it right.

After Dr. Troche performed the procedure Chloe recovered overnight. Clark was in place telling the story they agreed upon. Clark made everyone else follow suit because no one really knew the truth Clark was hiding.

Chloe brought the story as well. Her life slowly got back in order. She recovered herself at Met U and the Daily Planet. After what she thought was a near death experience Chloe sought to spend more time with her family and friends. The life she deserved was falling into place. To him that meant the procedure was a success.

At first, Lex thought he was going to sink into the depression he did the first time they parted. This time he had more than enough reason to keep his word and stay away. Nothing could touch her now.

Her mental health would be secured as long as he did his part. There were times she tried to see him but his staff knew better than to ignore an order. There was no way she could come near him. The sight of her would weaken his resolve.

That’s where work came in to play. Hours of work, work that never seemed to be long enough was what he did. At some point Lex’s body expected him to rest. When he was sleeping it was the hardest time to do the right thing.

While he shared his bed with Chloe he always had to make sure she was real and now that she was gone he knew she was. He would reach out to touch her night after night and, when his hands found no purchase with her body, he knew the truth. There was no way to control his dreams of her. Her smile or her lavender scent would take over in his sleep.

The next day when he woke Lex’s resolve was solid once again. If she was going to stay well then Lex would stay away. The true test of his ability to stay away was coming at him very unexpectedly.

Waking up that day was the same as any other. Lex shook off his dream from the night before and went about getting himself ready for work. He had a meeting about a business take over and he would check in on the search for the ship. There were plans in the works for the splinter, as he was calling it now, as well.

As Lex exited his car to head into the Luthor Corp. building the day was as normal as any other. His usual space in the parking garage was empty as he drove into it. For a spilt second he let his gaze follow the key in the car ignition to remove it. When he looked up again there she was.

Chloe Sullivan was standing in front of his car. Her arms were crossed over her chest. She was wearing a black pants suit with a black bag slung over her shoulder. Her lips where pressed into a hard line as she watched him get out of the car.

As he looked at her Lex put up a stone wall between them. No matter what she was about to say or do he wouldn’t it let it get to him. He had hurt her enough, almost to the point of making her lose her mind. Months of work wasn’t going to be wasted. Just as he told Clark if she came to him he would do his part.

“You’re impossible to get alone.” Chloe stepped closer to him as he closed his car door.

“What can I do for you Ms. Sullivan?” Lex felt like he had to be as formal as possible with her. Then his nose caught a hint of her scent. The blazing smell of her lavender shampoo hit him hard. He had to shake his head to get it out of his mind.

“Ms. Sullivan?” She questioned him with her arms still firmly planted around her body in defense. “After everything I would think you would use my name. I would think you could speak to me as if you weren’t the spitting image of your father.”

Lex swallowed over the dryness in his throat. The coldness of her words made this even harder. This time being his father’s son made sense. The man, long dead, was something he could call on to keep her away if he had to.

“Why don’t you just tell me what you want?” He had to keep this to the point.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” Her eyes shot him a look he knew well. She was going to interrogate him.

“I have no idea what you mean.” Lex replied calmly.

Her hands flew into the air as she answered him. “I have called but the phone numbers I have don’t work. I have come to your office, the manor and the penthouse but every time I’m denied access.”

“That’s because we are no longer together Chloe. Didn’t Clark explain all of this to you already?” He wanted to move past her to make a run for it. The longer she was near him the harder it was for him to keep up his wall.

“Yes, he told me a load of crap.” Her eyes looked pained as she said the words. “I woke up in a hospital not knowing why I was there. Clark came into the room shortly after wards saying I was in a car accident. He claimed I hit my head and things might seem fuzzy for a while.”

“That’s not a load of crap Chloe that’s the truth.” Lex nudged past her for the door.

“Don’t you dare walk away after I had to break into this place to finally meet with you.” Her words were harsh. It sounded like she spoke through a clenched jaw.

When Lex looked at her again he saw her this time. He saw the dark circles under her eyes and the weary look on her face. Something was still hurting her. The reason she was there now had to be to rid herself of that hurt.

“Look whatever else Clark told you is true.” Lex spoke trying to keep it together.

“He said you didn’t want me anymore.” Chloe started. “I remember school. I remember work. I remember my friends and my family. Clark said things would be fuzzy for a while but the only thing that’s unclear is you Lex.” She moved toward him placing her bag down behind her.

He didn’t know what she was doing. Standing there he thought she was just moving to stand closer to him but she was quicker than he gave her credit for. Her arms flew around him then her lips crushed his. Lex stood frozen as she kissed him. His mind was trying to grasp why she would do this.

Clark should have told her that he lied to her. He used her to get to Clark’s secret. It was the only reason they were together for so long. Clark admitted he and Chloe spent sometime together before the meteor shower. After he was unable to get what he wanted in the caves, the day the world turned upside down, he pushed her away. It was true up to a point.

Why she was kissing him now was a mystery. He was sure the lie would be enough to keep her away. At the moment it didn’t matter because she was kissing him. Her body was making itself a part of him.

His wall was breaking down quickly at his feet when he let his lips move back against hers. It couldn’t be helped what happened next. His body had a mind of its own or maybe it was just his heart. He could stop his mind from thinking of her during his waking hours but he couldn’t stop his heart from loving her in his dreams.

The kiss only got worse once he was in on it too. His hands moved to the back of her neck to hold her in place as he kissed her. Then he let one of his hands trace the curves of her body. They started by drawing a line down her side then rose towards her heaving breast then ended by sliding back to the curve of her butt.

She made a show of touching him as well. Her fingers tickled his naked skull then he felt her nails dig in once he was at her breast. Her other hand was idle but gripping at his chest tightly.

If someone were to walk in and see them they would get an eye full. They were making out in the parking garage and it wasn’t right.

His hands started fumbling over her body as the kiss went on. She let him do whatever he wanted. Then he felt her palm plant firmly on his crotch and that’s what shook him out of it. He was going to keep her safe. He was going to help save her from being like her mother. Kissing her showed how weak his father always said he was and he had to stop if he wanted to keep his word.

His hands took hold of her arms then he was pulling her away from him. Her eyes were smoldering and her chest was heaving in breaths. “Chloe we are not together anymore.” Lex said the words letting her take a step back. The way she looked was so tempting; he had to get some distance.

“That may be true.” Chloe stepped in as he stepped away. “But I don’t think you would kiss me like that if it was the truth.”

“Clark told you what we talked about. I was only using you.” Lex tried to get some room. He needed air but the parking garage wasn’t allowing him much. When he breathed there was a stale smell of motor oil and gasoline.

“Then why do I feel like this.” Chloe kept coming closer to him until he was against the door of his retreat. “I keep having these memories of you and you can’t fake the things they make me feel.” She was right on top of him now “We love each other.”

“I don’t.” Lex said it plainly. This was the only way. “I don’t love you.”

“Don’t lie to me. You have never lied to me and don’t start now. It’s driving me crazy not knowing the truth.” When she said the word crazy Lex flinched. Loving him had driven her crazy.

She was supposed to forget everything about them that mattered to her health. The Teagues were the first thing the doctors got rid of. Then she was to forget that he knew the truth about Clark. The black ship was to be stripped away. Next on the list was forgetting the real way his father died. All of it was weighing heavy on her mind and it was changing her.

In the process of that Chloe wouldn’t remember the time they were together. There would be little to nothing that had to deal with him letting himself love her. The only thing he let her keep was the day of the meteor shower when he let his temper get the best of him.

“There is nothing I can give you Chloe.” Lex started to turn to leave but she caught his arm.

“I remember things after the meteor shower.” She started waiting for him to look at her but he didn’t. “I remember forgiving you. I remember making love to you. I remember you holding me at night when we slept. I remember you telling me you loved me without a hint of doubt in your words.” When Lex finally looked at her a few tears were in her eyes slowly trickling down her cheeks. “I remember us being happy.” Her grip tightened.

A knot tied in his chest. They were happy. Being with Chloe may have been the happiest he had ever been in life. There was a price for that happiness. Her health was more important than his happiness. Giving her a life that she could live without the fear of him ruining it was all he had left to give her.

She didn’t remember the days she stared blankly into space. It was something that was burned into his brain. Lex would prove his father wrong. He was stronger than Lionel ever knew.

“Trust me Chloe. What you feel will fade away. You’ll pull yourself together now and leave with out looking back. At first it won’t make sense but soon you will see that walking away from me is for the best.” Lex released her hand.

“Then I’m right.” Chloe spoke through a choked sob. “What I remember is real?”

He didn’t want to answer her. There was no way he could give her hope when he knew there was none but Lex did anyway. He nodded his head once as signal of a yes. Her eyes widened in shock.

“Then why are you doing this?” Chloe tried to see into him but he was walled away again. “After everything we have been through why would you throw away happiness?”

Lex thought back to their first kiss in the safe house. The way she felt at first feeling so right in his arms then the thought of how wrong it was filled him. His words that day to her were ones he knew were true so repeated them to her. “You were never ready for something serious with someone like me.” Then Lex walked away before she could say another word.

This was what he should have done the first time. He was supposed to walk away and never come back. The future was all he had now.

Slowly Lex would become something he feared. He was more than his father’s son. Slowly it got easier to weigh the choice to do things for the greater good in the gray area rather than in black and white. Before long things were less about what he could do for others and what he could do for himself. His quest to be something great gave him a thirst for power.

To keep Chloe at bay his first step down this pathway was something that killed two birds with one stone. Lex wanted to know how the new black meteor rocked affected Clark. He would send it in the mail as a gift. She would see that he only cared for the truth about Clark and Lex would have his answers. Two birds one stone or meteor rock.

If Chloe had stayed then she would have been trampled under the weight of his choices. Her life would be worse off had he turned to her in the parking lot that day and kissed her again. It was mistake he was done making.

This time he would get it right.

The End

Notes: Thanks for those that were reading all 46 pages of this one. This may be one of my first sad endings. I guess they all can’t be good ones.

lj715
14th October 2008, 06:16
Congrats on finishing the story. I wish it had an ending where they could be together but Lex did the right thing for Chloe's sake. Great job.

hfce
14th October 2008, 14:53
I don't like sad endings but good job. ;)

dagney
14th October 2008, 23:30
Sad bittersweet really and the old saying is it better to have loved and lost. Thanks for the story. Dagney

SVfan1286
15th October 2008, 02:25
*sniffle* That was so sad... Such a bittersweet ending.

This was a fabulous story... a total emotional rollercoaster. I really enjoyed reading it. Wonderful job letia!!

kcsgirl82
15th October 2008, 23:14
Great story! The ending was very sad, but it just shows how much Lex loves Chloe.

Ami Rose
28th May 2013, 18:03
Sooooo sad