PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] The divorce of the century (PG-13) Complete

Sandy
6th February 2007, 02:13
Divorce of the Century
Rated: PG-13
Summary: Lex and Lana Luthor get a divorce. When the news hits the town,
Lois Lane and Gazelle T. go neck and neck to cover the story. You may remember
Gazelle from “Extra! Luthor Divorced”. When Chloe starts seeing Lex, Gazelle is all over it, trying to get every piece of gossip she can. Meanwhile Lois is getting frustrated
with Gazelle for bothering her cousin. Drama, romance, and heart ache, all in one story.
Disclaimers: I do not own these characters. The only character I own is Gazelle T.

One
Chloe's thoughts are in italics
She scurried as fast as her feet could take her. One foot in front of the other. Breathing heavily, her heart pounding. She pushed open the heavy double doors. Rushing past the people, listening to the tapping over the keyboards, the various conversations going back and forth. The sound of her boss came closer as she got closer to the action.

“Lois, you got the cover story on the Luthor divorce.” Parry shouted as he handed her the story.

“It’s about time Lois!” Chloe said un easy as she looked at her heavy breathing cousin.

“Sorry I was late.”

“It wouldn’t be the first time.” A familiar farm boy voice entered her ears.

“Ha ha Smallville. I get to interview your favorite billionaire.”

“When did that happen? I thought Lex was happy?” Chloe broke the tension between the two bickering children.

“Lana did tell me she was fed up with him.” Clark’s eyes skimmed down the story he was supposed to write. He was supposed to be training with Jimmy. Jimmy was going to train him on the ball that Lex Luthor would be throwing the next weekend.

“Since when do you care about Lex? I thought you hated him.” A concerned Lois asked.

“Yeah well…” Chloe rushed off to get some research done, and grab a cup of coffee.

“I’ll never understand her.” Lois said.

Chloe typed in some gibberish, printed out what she needed, and rushed out of the Daily Planet, to get some coffee. On her way to the coffee shop, she saw Gazelle T. Chloe groaned as she passed by her. She worked for a gossip magazine, called “Extra!”. Chloe hated that magazine. It was bad enough she was addicted to reading the gossip, about celebrities.

The cold wind whipped across her face, as she pushed open the doors to Star Bucks.

“Back so soon?” Said the cashier.

“The usual.”

Chloe heard two bickering voices enter the coffee shop. She turned around and groaned to herself.

“Well you must have realized how I felt.” Lana grumbled as the door closed behind her.

“I’m tired of playing your feelings game Lana. I thought the divorce was finalized.” Lex was tired of hearing Lana’s voice, and just wanted to go home.

“There’s something you forgot to sign.” Lana handed him the papers.

“I already signed the divorce papers.” He said sternly.

“Not the house papers. Part of that house is still mine Lex. I’m still a Luthor.”

“Not until this afternoon. I’m having an agent change your name, to your maiden name.”

Lana couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“If you do, I’ll,”

“You’ll what? Blackmail me? That’s so low even for you. If you’ll excuse me, I have a headache.” Lex walked up behind Chloe, who’s coffee was in front of her.

“Miss? Your coffee.”

“Oh! Sorry. Thanks.” Chloe went and sat down, and hoped that Lex wouldn’t see her.

“Chloe?”

Too late

“Hi Lex.” Just play cool. Maybe he won’t notice.

“Did you hear that?”

Too late again.

“Hear what?” Maybe if I just play dumb..

“Our argument? I swear that girl!”

“Is he talking about me?” Lana shouted. She never left the building.

“NO!” Chloe & Lex both shouted.

“How’ve you been? I haven’t seen you in a while.”

Now he starts to notice me.

“Umm yeah. I’ve been kinda busy with the Planet and all.”

“Would you like to go to lunch with me?”

Hmm.. lunch with Lex.

“I don’t know.”

“He’ll make you pay for your meal.” Lana said and left.

“She’s lieing. We’re not the best of friends today.”

“So I noticed. Sure. Where at?”

“The café by the Planet. My treat.”

“Sure.”

---------------
What happens when Gazelle is all over this story?

planetcal
6th February 2007, 02:35
Great start. Can't wait to read what happens next. Glad Lex dumped Lana. Please update soon.

Gaia
6th February 2007, 12:49
Hmmmm.....well, continue:D

carly
6th February 2007, 13:49
GOODBYE LANA:devil:
That was great start, please continue:blinkkiss
And more CHLEX:drool2:
hugs carly

Kitching
6th February 2007, 23:43
Its funny so far, update soon!:grin3:

Sandy
8th February 2007, 03:58
Thanks for all your replies guys! Here's the next update!

Two
As time kept on moving, Chloe rushed back to the Planet. She needed some more papers to write her article. Before she could leave, Clark stopped her.

"Hey Chloe, would you like to have lunch with me?"

"Can't." She simply said. It couldn't be any plainer then that. She knew what Clark would say if he found out she had plans. So she already told herself she wouldn't tell him.

"Oh. How come?"

"I just want to spend sometime by myself. Jeeze Clark, do you HAVE to know what I'm always doing?" Clark wasn't dumb, he was just a curious minded folk. He was always looking out for the well being of his friend.

"It's ok Chloe. You don't have to get all huffy."

"I thought you were supposed to meet Jimmy?" She said as she looked at the big clock that, was hanging on the wall. With out saying a word, Clark darted off.

It was nearly one oclock. Lex kept wondering what was keeping Chloe. Patience wasn't one of his stronger qualities in life. Maybe this would teach him to be on time more often.

"Sorry I'm late. Traffic was just.."

"Nuts?"

Chloe smiled as she set her papers on the table. Lex looked at them as if she was going to do homework.

"The papers got you going huh?"

"You wouldn't believe it. But hey I'm a journalist. I live for this stuf."

"Not like that new magazine that's been out for a couple months." Lex said as he took the copy of Extra! that Chloe had.

"Uh yeah.. you know who CARES what Brad Pit, and Angelina Jolie, are up too. I sure as hell don't."

"Then why do you buy the magazine?"

"Because it's addictive."

Lex wondered why a magazine you didn't like would be so addictive.

"Maybe it's like those shows that are so raunchy, but you have to watch it, so you'll know what's going to happen."

"Yeah kinda like that. But this one girl, Gazelle. She's such a snob. She writes for this magazine. She can get you any kind of gossip. Just ask her. But if you get in her way, she's a mean thing." Lex was interested in this.

"Maybe she needs her space."

"So you're on her side?"

After an hour of food and conversation Chloe had to get back to the Planet.

The next morning Lois' voice was heard.

"Has billionaire playboy Lex Luthor moved on? These photos of Lex Luthor and Chloe Sullivan explain it all. The happy couple were seen walking out of a restaurant. For more details read the full story on page 59." Lois ended the story while putting the magazine on Chloe's desk. Chloe looked at it like it was going to bite her.

"What the hell? How am I in this stupid magazine? I am NOT Lex's girlfriend." Chloe's anger began to boil. When that happen you better be out of her way.

"Yeah well the media doesn't think so. It's bad enough I have interview him, and Lana. I've been trying to get a hold of Lex all week, but his office says he's out."

"That's because you're not trying the right number. Here." Chloe gave her his cell number.

"How'd you get this?" She ask.

"He gave it to me yesterday. Just don't go spreading THAT piece of news to Gazelle."

"Yeah.. we should do something about her."

"She's good. Boy is she very good." That was Parry. Reading the Extra! magazine. That was a favorite among the journalists in the Planet.

"Boy Chloe, you sure look all nice and comfy with Mr. Luthor." He smiled. He didn't look too happy about Chloe being in that magazine.

"Sorry Mr. Parry. It won't happen again."

"It better not. It's not good for our reporters to be in a magazine. That's our competitor! Really Chloe, what WERE you thinking?" Parry got up into Chloe's face.

"How was I supposed to know those pictures would be in there? How did SHE know that I was going out to lunch with Lex?" Chloe sighed angrily picked up her things, and left while running into Clark.

"Hey Chloe, did you.." She cut him off with a wave of her hand, and left the building.

lkedino
8th February 2007, 04:53
great story so and can't wait for next chapter

Gaia
8th February 2007, 14:59
Don't tell me that that women is another metero freak....
And what will Lex say about this development....?
Another update please

carly
12th February 2007, 14:32
Great upd!!!
Just, who the hell is this Gazel??????
If she's an enemy I'm sure Lex'll take care of her:devil:
More, please:blinkkiss

Sandy
13th February 2007, 03:19
Thx for the feedback guys! here's the next update!

Three

Chloe darted out of the building in a huff. She dug through her purse for her keys. Her hands shaken by the drama, in the Planet. Soft yet cold colds made heat on her arm. She immediately relaxed. She didn’t know what sensation was going through her, but she hoped it was someone she could talk to. A strong male voice spoke in her ear.

“Chloe, you wanna tell me how we ended up in this magazine?” It was only Lex. It was strange that she would feel relaxed by his touch. She shrugged it off and turned towards him.

“That’s Gazelle for ya.” She open her car door, and hopped in. The sound of the ignition meant, that she wasn’t in the mood for a conversation.

“Lois is trying to get a hold of you. I gave her your number, so expect a call.” She sped off into the distance, as he stared after her. Something vibrated against the fabric in his pocket. He grabbed the vibrating object which was his cell. The caller I.D read..

“Lois. What a surprise.”
“Lex, we need to talk. I need to do an interview. Parry’s been giving me looks.”
“I bet. How about you come over to the penthouse in the next five minutes.”
“Sure. I’ll be there.”

Warning: A small slight lexana scene. Break out the tums…

When Lex got home, his home had been vandalized. Furniture was turned over, glass shattered on the ground. Picture frames knocked over, dishes scattered on the kitchen floor. In every room it was a mess. There was soft music coming from the master bedroom. When he looked in, he saw a naked women on his bed.

“Lana?” Lex couldn’t believe his eyes. It couldn’t have been her that, vandalized his home. He was too shocked to be angry.
“Yes Lexy baby. It was I who made the huge mess downstairs. Now are you going to be a good boy and spank me?” She said seductively while licking her lips sexually. She put one arm around his neck and went in for the kiss, but he pulled away.

“I see. Playing hard to get?” Lex cleared his throat.

“Lex? Are you in here…woah..” Lex turned around to find Lois standing in his doorway.
“Lex? What happen?” She was shocked. Especially more shocked to find Lana Lang in all her glory.

“Well I,..”
“Yes Lex. Explain to her how you seduced me. Go on.”
“Lana! I did not,”
“I thought you two got a divorce?” Lois said. Still shocked but had her eyes closed.
“We did, and we’re still divorced.” Lex said strongly, as he gently pushed Lana away.

“Please put on some clothes, and kindly leave my house.”
“Oh but it’s still mine sweet baby.” Lex cringed.
“Sweet baby?” Lois couldn’t help but let out a small snicker.
“Out Lana.” Lana went out of the room swearing underneath her breath.

“I’m sorry you had to see that.” Lex hoped that this little “incident” wouldn’t be in her interview.
“Don’t worry that’s not the only time I’ve seen her in all her glory. There was that one time at Clark’s 16th birthday party, and..”
“Ok you can stop there. I get it.”

“Ok. Uh let’s start from the beginning.” Before she could ask a question, Lex interrupted her.
“Wouldn’t you rather go to a more, productive place?” He hoped she would have obliged her.
“Oh I’m fine. It gives me a feeling of the real Lex Luthor.” She said in a sassy way. Lex felt uncomfortable, but Lois was strong towards him, so he let her win this round.

“What made you want to divorce Lana?”
“Where to start... she’s too demanding. She likes me to rub her back when she wants me to. Whether I feel like it or not. It’s like I don’t have a choice!”

After a few questions Lois asked one more.

“Do you feel anything towards Lana now?”
“No.”
“When did you feel this way?” Lex sighed and said
“Last week. I looked at her, and, I didn’t feel anything. I thought I loved her, but. Something changed inside of me.” Lois smiled as she wrote down some notes. An evil grin spread across her lips as she thought of another question.
“Do you feel anything when you look at Chloe?” Silence. Complete and utterly silence. He did not say a word. His heart pounded, sweat began to pour. He couldn’t tell her yes. She would write that down.
“I take it from your silence that you do feel something. Don’t worry I’m not putting this in the article.”
“Then give me the tape.” He said with a smile.
“Why?”
“Because it may fall into the wrong hands.”
“Don’t you want the media to know you’re after someone else?” Lex sighed again.

“Not really. It’s bad enough this Gazelle T. girl is following us. I’d like to date again with out being in the papers every single day.”
“So you really are after Chloe Sullivan?” Lois smiled. She felt happy for her cousin. She couldn’t wait to tell her.
“Lois. Promise me something.”
“Sure.”
“Don’t tell Chloe. This meetings over.” With that said he left. Lois had already planned on telling her first thing.

“Don’t worry Mr. Luthor. Your tape is in good hands, as well as your secret.” She crossed her fingers and squealed.

“Why, why, why, why..” Chloe kept saying over and over as she cleaned her cousins room.
“Oh gross!” She found a condom left over from the other night. Clark had “stopped by” the apartment to see Lois.
“Hey cuz! I have great news!”
“Whatever you and Clark do is your business. I don’t want to find these when I clean!” She held up the condom to show her.
“I thought I told you I was going to clean my room.”
“But you never do!”
“That’s not important, I have great news! Lex likes you!” Chloe couldn’t believe it. Lex Luthor liked her? Of all women, he could’ve chosen someone else, yet he picked her.

“Why me? What have I got to offer him?”
“I don’t know what he sees in you, but he likes you. I have it on tape if you wanna listen.”
“Maybe later. I have some typing to do.” Chloe threw the condom away, and went into her room to type.

She logged on the internet to check her emails. There was one in her inbox.

Chloe,
I was wondering if you’d like to meet me for dinner tomorrow night. No media. I know a location where it’s secure. Please respond if you’d like to join me.
Lex

Maybe he does like me…

carly
13th February 2007, 22:04
Oh yes Chloe he definitely likes you :wub:
That was very good chappy, I like the part of Lana being to demanding, and only thinking about rubbing her back...yack!
Lex is right divorcing her!!!!!
And dating with Chloe of course:grin3:
Can't wait for next part:blinkkiss

dayamiracle
14th February 2007, 03:20
Yay go to dinner Chloe go to dinner

and may i say EWWwWW on the whole Lanna naked thing....

Sandy
18th February 2007, 06:30
Four

Chloe Sullivan waited outside in the cold weather, waiting for Lex Luthor to pick her up for dinner. She had no idea why she agreed to have dinner with him. It would only leak in the paper anyway. But Lex said that that this location was secure. We'll see how secure it is. Come tomorrow. Chloe thought as the double doors open and she was greeted by the butler. She was lead to the hallway and only the hallway, because Lex was coming out to greet her.

"Thank you for joining me." He smiled. His cologne whipped by her as they walked out together. Chloe took in his scent. She liked what he was wearing.

"Nice cologne." She sheeplishly said with a grin.
"Thanks." He grinned back as he open the passenger side for her to enter.

"Thank you."
"Ladies first." He smiled.

Chloe cringed a bit but let it roll off her back. Was he the real ladies man? Or just a big show off? Chloe couldn't figure it out. He was rich, proper, and with class. She didn't mind that part, but just the fact that she thought he was showing off. Of course Chloe loved the romance in the dating department, but she wasn't sure if he was just showing off, or being serious.

They road in silence for a while until Lex cleared his throat and spoke up.

"This place is real nice. Not too far. Not many poperatzi's around. Or gossip columnist for that matter." Chloe didn't say anything she just looked out the window, thinking she could be writing her paper for Parry. She would be in big trouble if it wasn't on his desk first thing in the morning.

"I heard your interview was revealing." Her eyes were still out the window as if something was fascinating out there. She looked at him sternly like a father scolding a child.

"Yeah. Ms. Lang wasn't on her best behavior."
"So I've noticed."
"Lois told you huh?" Chloe kept quiet and nodded her head. Lex shifted his shoulders. All this silence from Chloe was making him uncomfortable. He was hoping he could get her to talk. At least talk about anything.

"Parry's gonna hate me tomorrow." Chloe said to herself.
"What?"

"Huh? Oh. I was thinking out loud again. I got half of my article done for tomorrow. I'm gonna be staying up late tonight to finish it." Chloe leaned her head on the window and closed her eyes. Lex thought about canceling the dinner just so she could finish and get a good nights rest.

"What's your article about?" Chloe froze. What would he think of the sex scandal about one of his CEO's?

"Um, nothing important."
"Chloe, you can tell me anything."

"You'll find out tomorrow. Then you'll wanna fire him.."
"Him?"

"You're new CEO. He was caught by none other then Gazelle. I swear I don't know HOW she does it. She must have eyes everywhere. Parry's in love with the girl. He says she's giving us stories, and making our paper the number one in Kansas!" Lex's arms tensed as his hears digested the news of his newest CEO.

"Who was he caught with?"

"Lana Lang! How many times have I told you to stay away from,"
"I told you my last name is Luthor! And always WILL be Luthor! I could turn this place into a dump! If I wanted!" Lois growled

"The Talon is not for making out with teenage guys. How many times have I told you that?"
"I lost count." Lana shoved the guy she was making out with on the couch away. He glared at her and left. He was mumbling something mean under his breath on the way out.

"Lana? What are you doing here?" Clark was surprised that Lana had the guts to come back, ever since Lex banned her.

"Hey snookums." Lana pinched his cheeks as Clark drew away from her. Lois's cheeks were boiling and on the edge of breaking.

"I'll see you later." She winked and left.

"What was that all about?" Lois said.
"Nothing.." Clark looked nervous and distracted as he watched the door shut.

"So how's the new job going Smallville? Lex paying you enough now? It's weird that you would work for him."
"I told you the reason Lois. So I can keep an eye on him."

"He's not bad Clark. He's just misguided. I'm sure Chloe will bring out the good in him."
"That's another thing I'm concerned about."

"What's wrong?" Lex asked as Chloe stared out the window.
"I'm not used to all the cameras." She joked. Lex got the joke even tho there were no cameras around.

"I guess it's not easy being with me." Oh god I want to try Lex I really do. Chloe thought.
"I can see.." Lex slid his hand over hers and she looked at him. She felt butterflies in her stomach. She didn't know his touch could be so powerful and overwhelming. Lex on the other hand felt something he never had before in his life. Love. Just by touching her he felt loved and accepted.

"Don't worry about Parry or tomorrow. I know you'll write a great report. I look forward to reading it." He smiled. Chloe smiled back.

After the meal was over they went back into the car. Before Lex opened the door for her, he just stared at her. Why is he staring at me? OH NO! You don't think.. Before she knew it his lips were on hers. He held his hands in her head. Chloe swooned in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his body and was enveloped in warmth and love. The kiss felt like an eternity to both of them.

"If I let go I won't be able to let go of you." Lex said between kisses.
"How long have you felt this way?" She asked. Lex stopped kissing her and stared at her.

"When you started helping me take down my father."
"Then why did you date Lana?"

"I don't know. I was confused. But it all makes sense now." Lex let her in the car and they road back to Chloe's place.

"Why do I have the feeling that we're going to be in the magazine tomorrow?" Chloe said nervously.
"I don't think they will. And who cares if they are."

"Parry..he.. well he gets cranky because that magazine is our competitor. He yelled at me about it."
"Don't worry about it. He likes you. I have a feeling you'll be there for a long time." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"I have to get working on that article. You're not going to like it one bit." Lex gave a small smile and bid his good byes.

carly
18th February 2007, 12:18
AW! That was sweet:wub:
But now I keep wondering what pink devil AKA Lana Lang is planning?
It can't be good.....
But Chlex on their date, just wonderfull:rofl:
Can't wait for more!
Take care!

malugargula
18th February 2007, 14:20
This fic is great
:)
Lex is a jerk for dating Lana even if he already had feelings for Chloe
But now things are being corrected
Please more soon

Sandy
18th February 2007, 21:12
a double update becoz I love you all!

Five

"Ms. Lang brutally murdered. Could this be the works of Lex Luthor, former husband? Lex shares his story and feelings towards the "accident". He claims that he did not kill his ex wife. "I had no intentions of killing my ex wife, even though her behavior is off. I am not the guilty one." He states to the press. Can Lex Luthor be trusted? Full story on page 68."

"Well it looks like Gazelle is busy." Lois said as she flopped the news paper down on Chloe's desk. Chloe rubbed her morning eyes. Red, with sand still dripping in her eyes. She moaned as she open the book to more torture.

"Oh no.." Chloe turned the book around to Lois.
"I see you've gotten comfy with Lex." Lois winked.

"I'm going to die.. " Chloe berried her head in her arms, on her desk. She didn't care what Parry had to say about her.
"Ms. SULLIVAN!" Parry shouted as he flopped the magazine startled her out of her misery.

"Can you explain this? Did your lips just happen to fall into Mr. Luthor's on accident?" Chloe shrugged.
"Don't give me that attitude young lady! I won't have my star reporter being hounded by the public! It's not good for business!" Chloe couldn't tell if he was being supportive, or demanding a body guard for her.

"Mrs. Kent. Nice report." Parry said as he left.
"Well I think Parry wants put you in hiding." Lois said with a smile.

"Or get me a body guard."

"Clark I'd like to have a word with you." Lex said as he pulled him out of his office.
"What is it?"

"You're fired." Clark couldn't believe he had gotten fired, and on his first week! Lex showed him the article Chloe wrote. Clark was filled with hate and betrayal.
"Lex, she came on to me! I had nothing to do with Lana's," Lex cut him off.

"She obviously had feelings for you Clark. She always did. I'm sorry but there's nothing else I can do. I won't have this. Good luck with Lois. I'm sure she'll be happy." He patted his back and went back to work. Clark gathered his things and left.

Kent house

"Did you happen to read the article that Chloe wrote?" Lois asked as Clark entered the door with his box of belongings.
"I was fired. I did not come onto her Lois! She's the one that came onto me! I swear she's out of control!"

"Well you won't have to worry about her anymore." She showed Clark the front page of The Daily Planet.

"Ms. Lang Brutally murdered. Could this be the works of Lex Luthor former husband?" Clark frowned that his friend had passed away.
"Who do you think killed her?" Clark asked.

"I have no idea, but I'm sure our friend Gazelle T. can shed some light on this."
"I'm sorry about that article Lois."

"It's ok Smallville. I know you wouldn't do anything to harm this marriage." Clark smiled.

Luthor Mansion

"Lex! I'm SO sorry. I'm just so sorry!" Chloe said as she ran into his office and ran into his arms.
"About what?"

"You didn't see the magazine? We're in there! I knew that would happen! I just knew it!" She broke apart so she could show him her copy.
"How does she do it?" Lex asked as he read the article.

"She has eyes everywhere! People must send her tips via Email."
"She has to be stopped. This isn't healthy for our relationship." Chloe was startled and looked at him.

"Relationship?" She questioned.
"Yes. If you want.."

"Yes! Oh god yes!" She kissed him again.
"I'm glad you feel the same way I do."

"I think we need to celebrate." She winked.
"Chloe, I don't think,"

"I'm sure there's a bar in town we could go to."
"Oh that. Yeah. I know of a place. Tonight my treat."

"Actually I'm paying." She smiled.
"Chloe I insist."

"You pay all the time! You need a break." She rubbed his head like a cat.
"Did you hear about Lana?"

"Yeah. Maybe she got a little too drunk.." Chloe said..
"Or maybe she had an overdose of drugs.."

"Chloe is there something you're not telling me?" Lex said seriously.
"Well.."

:devil:

carly
18th February 2007, 23:08
YOU ARE SO EVIL:evil:
A CLIFFHANGER?!
Well, not that I'm not happy about Lana:devil:
But who is Gazell????? And Clark, what that farmboy did this time?!
UH, well I'll try to be patient and wait for another upd:drool2:
But I hope I won't be force to waiting to long:D
Take care!

itsjustXchar
19th February 2007, 05:32
NO! NO! NO! Well...what?!

And that Gazelle woman needs to be stopped! And how can Lois let Clark off the hook like that?

Can't wait for the next update! [=

P.S. I'm happy that Lana's been brutally murdered!

Sandy
1st March 2007, 21:01
I had a dentist appt this morning, and the pain is getting to me, so um.. yea watch out for some random weirdness if there is any in this next chapter..

Six

"Chloe, tell me." Chloe could see the concern in his eyes. After all that drama he went through with Lana, he still had the balls to care for her? Chloe couldn't believe it. She breathed in deep, and prepared her self for his reaction. He wasn't going to like..

Flashback

It was dark, blaring music was heard from down the hall. Chloe wondered in the mansion, and found Lana on her bed. The shades were drawn, it smelled of alcohol. The master bedroom was a mess. Clothes were strewn on the floor, papers scattered, Lex's brief case torn open as if someone was searching for something. Drawers were pulled open, some pulled out. Underwear hanging ontop of the curtain. For some reason Chloe knew that Lex would be pissed when he got home to this mess.

"Lana?" Chloe turned down the music as she sat next her. She saw the pills surrounding her "friends" body.

"Well one more night in the mansion couldn't hurt." Before she knew it Lana downed a ton of pills, some alcohol and a few seconds later she died. Right before Chloe's eyes. Chloe didn't speak. It happen all too fast. Too fast that she couldn't save her.

"Lana!"

Back to reality Lex was shocked that his ex wife would kill herself, and in the master bedroom. Chloe could feel something from Lex. It was anger. But she wanted to know why he was sorry she died. It's not like he benefited anything from his marriage. The silence was all too much for Chloe. She couldn't stand him figure out why he still had feelings for her, after all the raunchy things she did to him. Making him feel like an idiot in public half the time, demands, and the like.

"What is it Lex? Get over her! She wasn't exactly the best wife you've ever had!" Lex grit his teeth in anger and glared at her.

"Truth hurts doesn't it? Lana was a piece of shit to you Lex! She made you look embarrassed in front of people! That's not the Lex I know! The Lex I knew was strong, and could stand up to the toughest people! She's made you weak!"

Not a sound from the man standing before her. He just couldn't bring himself to speak.

"Who are you to tell me about my marriages? I may not pick the best women Chloe, but don't you dare talk about my past wives!"

"Past Lex. Past! You're lucky we're together! I feel like walking out on you because I'm jealous. Yes! I'm jealous of you and Lana! But she's dead now. I admit she wasn't a good friend to me. She stole Clark when I could've had a chance. Then you take her, and well.. I never really had a chance with Clark. I don't really care too, because I've found someone else." She put her hands on his chest rubbing upward.

"I found you. You made it all better Lex. I'm sorry you lost another loved one. But you can't erase the past. You can only move forward. You can learn from your mistakes, but you can never erase them."

"You sound like a wise old man." Chloe chuckled and they embraced in a kiss.

"I just care for the ones I love." Lex smiled at her.

"What?"
"Nothing. I've found the perfect one for me. It's you Chloe." Chloe hugged Lex and they started making out.

"Wait!" Chloe said breathlessly
"What?"

"Do you.." Chloe couldn't get this out right. It sounded way to embarrassed.
"Do I want?"

"Do you have any water?" Chloe couldn't bring herself to ask him if he had any condoms. That would be too weird. Asking Lex if he wanted to shack it up. Haha! Good one Chloe. Haven't you learned from you Jimmy experience?

"Sure." Lex went over to his wet bar and poured her a glass of water, then handed it to her.
"Thanks.." Maybe next time..

:D

carly
6th March 2007, 03:45
OK, I understand that you were a "little" pissed off by your dentist, but still it was cruel to leave us, and Chloe, like that:devil:
Well, GOODBYE LANA:rofl: AND hello CHLEX, it's good that Lex finally saw what is best for him:grin3:
But, still why Lana did something like this? I mean she's stupid, but still I'm curious!
Can't wait for next part!

Sandy
3rd April 2007, 21:38
Seven

Gazelle had this coming for a very long time. Lex was sick and tired of his and Chloe's every move being in her little magazine. He wanted out and he was going to take any means necessary.

Gazelle found a rather nasty note on her desk from a stranger, or a "source" as she liked to call them.

"If you want to keep your job, stop printing gossip about Lex and Chloe."

It was in red ink, but it wasn't the hand writing that she recognized. Unless he used his left hand. She thought. She tossed the letter in the garbage and continued on her day for the story of the life time. She has been getting a lot of hits since this story, on her website. There was no way she was going to falter now. Gazelle doesn't give up with a fight. Was her motto. She was a gossip columnist, and that's what she did for a living. She storde out of the office with pride. The letter was pushed far back in her mind as possible, but she was struck with a little fear. She wondered what would happen if she printed another article. She hoped her sources would contact her for more stories.

It was a beautiful day as Chloe took a walk in the park, and found herself at the grave yard. She saw Lex kneeling by a tomb stone. She rolled her eyes. Why was he visiting her grave site? She wondered. She pushed the idea out of her mind, but she wanted answers. Being the reporter that she is, she found herself asking him just that.

"Lex!" She called out as she jogged over.
"Chloe! What're you doing here?" He was startled. He had no idea she'd be out and about, or even following him.
"I thought you were over the whole Lana Lang thing." She huffed. Lex could see a hint of jealousy in her eye, even tho her friend was dead.
"She was my wife Chloe."
"Wife." She repeated in the past tense.
"Yes. I'm not aloud to visit her?" Chloe didn't want to answer that so she stayed silent.
"Look I'm sorry if you don't trust me, but.."
"You have your ring on. I can't believe you Lex Luthor. You actually had an attachment to this girl?" Chloe was on a rampage. She couldn't believe that he had the nerve to wear his ring, let a lone keep it.

"Today I asked her to marry me.. it's our anniversary. If you want me to get over it, I.."
"You can never let go of anything can you Lex?" She walked away leaving a confused Lex Luthor. He sighed. She's right. He thought. He took his ring off and put it on the tomb stone.
"We're over Lana." He said as he chased after Chloe.

He grabed her as she tried to push him away. He quickly showed her his ring finger.

"It's empty. I don't want to make you angry." Chloe couldn't believe what he'd just done. He was so vulnerable about this subject.
"I'm sorry too. Our first fight." She sighed. They made up with a kiss and continued on there way.

"Are my eyes deceiving me?" A voice said. Chloe looked up and found Lois Lane with Extra! Magazine. A picture of Lex and Chloe were on the cover.
"My little cousin is the star of a gossip columnist." Lois giggled as she flopped the magazine down.
"Oh God. Yesterdays news.." Chloe rolled her eyes. She opened the mag and read the story.

"Lex and Chloe's first argument. Looks like Lex Luthor is breaking hearts." She rolled her eyes. Another statement made her skin boil.
"Lex Luthor has stated that his relationship with her was over. Said a source." Chloe fell silent. She was so angry she couldn't speak.
"Lies! All lies! If she's going to print something, she might as well print the truth!" She yelled. The people in the coffee shop turned and looked at her, then went back to their coffees.

"Lois! You have a customer." Said a strong male voice. Chloe knew that voice right away. She pounced on him like a cat.
"Lex! Tell me you did not say this!" She shoved the magazine at his chest. He read the part where her finger pointed at.
"No Chloe. I told you we made up remember?" Chloe didn't know what to believe anymore, but she knew that Lex was right.
"I'm going to have a word with Ms. T." Lex grumbled.
"Lex be nice. She could twist your words." She warned.

Sandy
16th April 2007, 03:56
That night as Gazelle got ready for bed, she heard a garbage can roll outside. She was startled and turned towards the noise. "It's probably nothing." She said easing herself. She continued to brush her hair, and got to bed. The next morning she found a note on her door. She took it and looked around for the culprit. All it said was "Stop. Or else." She smiled evilly to herself. "Looks like I'm hitting a nerve." She liked it when she was getting her point across. It means she was touching base with them, getting to "close" to their personal level. That's the difference between her and Chloe Sullivan. Chloe wasn't like that. At least she hadn't thought she was.

Gazelle strode out of her appartment like nothing happen. She would continue to post news on the Chloe, Lex love, no matter what come her way. That was how hard core she was. She was in much danger then this. Little threats didn't bother her.

"We're gonna have to move." Chloe complained after reading what seemed like the thousandth article on them. Lex sighed a sigh of defeat. He was worn out with fighting with Gazelle. "Let's do something about it." He said. Chloe looked at him like he had an idea. "I mean, how long have we been dating now?" Chloe forgot about the time, but it felt like forever. "To be honest, I don't remember." She felt guilty about that, because remembering how long you've dated is something special. "Well, there's always the next step." Chloe choked on her air. "Marriage?" She wasn't ready for a marriage. Her father wouldn't like it anyway. He would say "Your too young." Lex wanted to end Gazelle's madness.

"What do you say Chloe? Will you marry me?" He said. "I don't have a ring yet, but I can get you one." He smiled. Chloe was all butterflies. She was not prepared for this, but she dreamed about it. "Sure Lex. I'll marry you." She smiled.

That afternoon they were looking at wedding rings. It took about a few hours before she found the right one. "This one!" She pointed to a beautiful solid gold ring. It was plain but she liked it. "Sure." He asked the jeweler to get her size, and she tried it on. It was beautiful. He bought the ring, and they left. Chloe forgot her purse, so she went back in to get it. She over heard the jeweler on the phone. "Yeah. They're getting married." He hung up and looked at her. "Um, by any chance were you calling Gazelle?" She asked. He froze. She knew she was right by his expression. "You mean to tell me that everyone has been calling her?" He nodded his head in shame. "You two are the talk of the town. You might as well get used to it." He said and went back to his work.

Chloe left the shop and linked arms with Lex. She felt sad that their story would be in the magazine forever. Then realized if they wanna talk about them, she'd eventually get used to it. "Lex, I think we might as well get used to that magazine." Lex looked at her with an eye brow raised. "Why? Aren't you annoyed?" He asked. "Well, the shop keeper called Gazelle, and then he told me that everyone was calling. You can't help who you are Lex Luthor. We're just going to have to accept who we are, and live the best of it." She smiled. She was so right. He smiled and accepted.

"Lex Luthor and Chloe Sullivan tie the knot! What's next for the couple? Stay tuned!"

The End

malugargula
8th May 2007, 06:18
Great fic

Ami Rose
13th March 2021, 22:03
Lol cute fic