PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Fun - Smallville Style (PG-13) - Complete

PMD
29th November 2006, 21:32
My belated Halloween piece---hope you guys like it. :) Enjoy.

Title: "Halloween Fun - Smallville Style"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13 (slight language)

Category: Chlex married, Halloween Fic, AU, Chloe's POV

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: Halloween brings a new addition to the Luthor family.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, Bozo the Clown, Veronica Mars, its characters, Halloween, and the song lyrics to Never Be Another, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BAFsFF, BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, N.S. Forums and SPP for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: I dedicate this to Esther, Chris, and David, who saw me through this piece. Also, this is for Kat, who has left the show behind, like I have, but still likes to read a Chlex every once in a while. Enjoy.

"Halloween Fun - Smallville Style" - By PMD

Luthor Mansion - Future Bright

"Mommy?"

I look up from my book and stare at my daughter, Lizzy.

"Yes, dear?"

"Is Daddy going to get back in time to take me trick or treating?"

"Yes, he promised you and he would be going out to have some Halloween fun, Smallville style."

"Does that mean meteor freaks?"

"Honey, you live with a couple of those. Do you really want to have the same when you are out there?" I quip, at my daughter.

She walks over and sits beside me, smoothing out her princess costume---purple, not pink.

It took forever to convince Lana that she didn't like pink---she liked purple cause that was one of her Daddy's favorite colors. Then she had to add the embarrassing:

'And my mommy loves it too or she wouldn't want to be so close to him, when he's wearing it. I literally saw her jump on him one time.'

Geez, what happened to the old times, when you were embarrassed by your parent’s show of affection? I miss them.

"Miss what, Mommy?"

"Seeing my feet," I quip.

"Mommy---the baby won't come until we're back, right?"

I look at my tummy---I'm overdue---like I was with Lizzy. Then I smile at her.

"I'll try."

"What happens if he does?"

"You are convinced it is a boy?" I ask her.

She nods.

"Well, if he or she wants to come, I'll have William call you and Daddy and we'll met at the hospital, okay?"

"Okay."

"Not okay," we hear.

We turn to see Lex standing there. It took forever to convince him I would be okay, if I did go into labor. But his daughters worry brings it up again and I don't have the strength to deal with it.

"Daddy, Mommy has it all planned. So, it's okay."

My daughter---I think I'll keep her.

He walks in and gets down to her level. "Okay. Pumpkin, think you could leave us alone for a moment?"

"Sure," she states, giving me and him a quick kiss on the cheeks.

Lex and I give her one back and he moves away, letting her get off. She hugs him and then turns to me:

"Don't let him be too long. I want to get some candy before it's all gone."

"Okay," I state, to her smile. Then she's gone and we're all alone.

"Honey---" he starts, sitting beside me.

"Lex, don't break this promise, please. She's been looking forward to it all day."

"But---"

"No buts---I've got it planned. I'm fine---I feel great. You'll just be gone two hours at the most."

"One and a half."

He leans into my stomach and:

"Take care of your Mother when I'm gone. She means the world to me as do you and your big sister."

He backs away and gives me a deep kiss. Then he looks at me.

"You mean the world to me too, Lex. Now go---before I ravage you."

"In your condition?"

"Funny man---go."

"Yes, Dear."

I smile at him and he gives me one back. A quick peck, and he's out the door.

I sigh, picking up my book again and then putting it down again----my mind on other things now---most specifically, the first romantic Halloween we had together.

~

Halloween Night - Luthor Mansion - Past Perfect

Now where is that adult party, I think to myself.

The Luthor mansion was having their annual Halloween bash for the workers at the company. Like Lex could pass up having one at this castle.

The kiddies had their own room, which I came across quickly. Took me 15 minutes to get the silly string out of my hair. Now to the adult one.

I had arrived about half an hour ago and gone up to Lex's bedroom, setting it up, with the help of James.

He was so happy to help---after a couple of years of trying his best to work some romantic magic in us, he knew it had worked for me. He hoped I would convince Lex now too.

After his second marriage to Helen, who could blame him for being shy about love again. However, it had been a few years---time to move on and up. And no, I wasn't a rebound---he's had relationships; just not love.

"Ms. Sullivan?"

Found it.

I look at him and smile. The only thing indicating a costume is his dark mask.

"Lex, what the heck are you dressed as?"

He takes it off, his smirk there now.

"How did you know it was me?"

"You're bald---you kinda stand out."

"So what are you?"

"Hey, no changing the subject, Baldy."

He lets out a sigh and I smile. "So?"

"I'm a-----"

"Excuse me?"

"I'm a ----"

"I didn't quite get that."

"I'm a businessman."

"In other words, you came as yourself."

"I didn't come as a billionaire----I came as a business man. So, what are you?"

All of a sudden my resolve to get him away and up to his bedroom left me. Why am I fooling myself? He's not into blondes---he's into brunettes. And this can only end up badly---me coming onto him; him laughing at my audacity or telling me he doesn't feel that way. Me, ruining our friendship and leaving in tears, never to see him again, because he put a standing order to his bodyguards not to let me near him ever again. Yeah, my luck, he would finally have security that actually worked.

A clearing of the throat breaks me out of my thoughts and I give him a sad smile.

"Nobody," I state, sighing. I turn away from him and start to walk away.

I'm a few steps down the corridor when I hear him yell out to me. I turn around.

"What?"

He walks up to me. "You are----a PI, trying to get to the truth of why I don't have a date?"

I shake my head. "Why is this always about you?"

"With you, it usually is all about me."

I close my eyes to his piercing ones and a few scant seconds later, I hear:

"So, how many candles are in my room? Enough to set off the sprinklers?"

My eyes pop open. "What----how---wait---cameras?"

He shakes his head.

"Than, how?"

He moves closer to me, his hand hesitating for a moment and then touching my cheek, his thumb sliding up and down it, caressing my smooth skin.

"I was just hoping you were taking the step I was scared to take."

I feel the tears in my eyes and I let out a sob.

"You're scared, aren't you?"

He hesitates again, pulling back his hand. Then he nods, allowing himself to be vulnerable---maybe thinking this is just a seduction for sex and nothing more. That I am the next in line for diamond earrings and not the pearl ones he told me about once upon a time---the ones his mother bestowed on him to give to his future partner in all things.

"Chloe---its okay, if you want to go back to the---"

Before he can say another word, I lean up and capture his lips with mine, causing him to moan and then grown, when I lean into him. He then gasps and I take advantage of it, my tongue caressing his.

A clearing of the throat causes us to back away and we look at his manservant, James.

"Sir, if I might suggest---there is a very nice room upstairs with both your names on it."

Lex gives him a smirk. "And what about my guests?"

"Well, you'll only be gone a couple of hours---they won't miss you, Sir."

I snicker at that and he looks at me. "You don't want to do it all night?" he growls, softly.

"Well, I would like to sleep a bit too."

He looks back at James. "James, if you could, tell them I've been detained on business and I won't be back for the rest of the night. And they should enjoy themselves."

"Yes, Sir," he states, as he walks around us and then turns, adding, "And, Sir, have a very happy Halloween---both of you."

He nods and then turns around again, heading towards the ballroom.

"So, I guess that means that the candles are a business expense?" I quip.

"You bought them, not me," he quips back, taking my hand and leading me down the corridor.

"Ahhhh---but this is a business meeting, as you so aptly said. And since it is---"

"Chloe!"

"Lex!"

He laughs and I squeal, as he gently picks me up and walks up the stairs.

We're at the landing and he carries me to the door, stopping there and then looking at it.

"Changed your mind?" I ask him.

"Could you---?" he gestures to the door.

"Sure," I answer, as he leans towards it, and I open the door.

He places me down and closes the door to the next level of our relationship that is blossoming tonight.

~

Back To The Present

"Ms. Chloe?"

I look up at James and then groan.

"What the fuck?" I finally get out.

I feel wetness---oh my God----my water broke.

"James----"

"I'm getting the car right now," he states, putting down the herbal tea on the table.

"No---call Lex, get bag, then get the car," I grit, through my teeth.

He runs over to the phone and picks it up:

"Master Lex---it's---yes, she's---of course I'm---she wanted me to call first and tell you. Yes, we'll meet you there. I'll drive like I'm carrying precious cargo, which I am. Goodbye, Sir."

He puts down the phone and I smile through the pain. "He wouldn't let you get a word in edgewise, right?"

He gives me a slight smile. "No he wouldn't, Ms. Chloe."

He walks over to me and kneels. "You'll be okay for a minute while I get the bag and the car?"

I pat his hand. "Yes, Father."

He gives me another small smile and then pats my hand. He gets up and leaves the room and I'm sitting here all by myself.

About 15 minutes later, he's back, just as a wave of pain covers me and I shudder, groaning. He holds me as I go through it and then gets me up.

He leads me out of the room and towards the front door. Then it's out of the mansion and to the car---his car.

"No limo?" I quip.

"Too big for the parking lot," he answers, helping me in the car and then getting over to his side.

"Ready to bring another person into the world that will look up to Master Lex?"

I nod my head and we're off to the hospital.

~

Smallville Hospital - Private Room

"James! Where the hell is the epidural!"

The doctor chooses that moment to enter the room with the nurse.

"So, how are we doing, Chloe?"

"How do you think, you moron! I'm about to give birth to a basketball---through a hole half it's size----I'm in PAIN!"

"Epidural not given yet, I see," he states, with a slight smirk.

I gesture him close and then grab his tie. "Listen here, you jackass---you couldn't handle what I'm going through at the moment. In fact, if men had babies, well, let's just say, the population wouldn't be that big."

I let go of him and he has this embarrassed look. "Nurse---epidural---now!"

She chuckles at that and gives it to me---and then, a few minutes later, I feel great.

"James?"

"Yes, Ms. Chloe?"

"Is Lexy here yet?"

I see this wobbly grin on his face. And before he can answer, the door swings open and my handsome husband enters---at least I think it's him---he'll have to take off that thing on his head for me to be sure.

"Sexy Lexy?" I ask, my brain on pain free medication

"Chloe?" he asks back.

"Yeah, it's me, Sexy. Glad you made it for the birth of the twins."

"Twins?" he asks me. Then he looks at the doctor and back at me. "Twins?"

"Ha---gotcha, Lexy. It's just one---don't look so scared."

He shakes his head and looks at the doctor. "Is she okay?"

He nods. "Yes she's fine."

"Yeah, I'm fine---no pain---gonna gain my feet again."

"What?" he asks.

"Oops, I meant, I'm going to see my feet again---sorry. I've missed them so much you know---picking out shoes for them---giving them pedicures----just looking at them. I'm---oh boy----I feel something pushing. Hey Doc, time to move it into gear."

The doctor grins at me and then James asks:

"Where's Miss Lizzy?"

"Outside with a nurse--could you stay with her, please, James."

"Yes, Sir. And good luck with Ms. Chloe."

"I'll need it."

"Hey, I'm right here, Bozo the Clowns."

They both stare at me. "What---you guys are old. You should know who Bozo the Clown is."

They just give me a sly grin and James is out the room, leaving me with the idiot who got me this way. I'm in no pain but he's about to be in some pain---snarky or otherwise.

"Lex?"

His eyes narrow and he walks over. "Chloe?"

I gesture with my finger and he leans over. I whisper, "In about six weeks, if you are a good boy tonight and allow me to hold your hand, I'll let you do some adult stuff in bed."

He backs away with a wicked grin. "All right; here you go."

He hands me his hand and I squeeze it hard.

"Ouch!" he yelps, as I let it go and he pulls it away, shaking it out. "Why did you do that?"

"I'm no longer in any pain but I can tell you, before the epidural---well, you said we were equal partners when it comes to the children."

"Creating them, raising them---not the pain of childbirth."

"Jerk!"

"Chloe---that's the pain talking."

"No, that's me. You said you would share in everything---except the baby going through my body to see the outside---I guess I can see now you can't do that. So, make up for that---please, just one little squeeze more."

He sighs. "Okay, I guess I owe you that. Here."

He hands me his hand again and this time I squeeze it gently and he smiles.

"The epidural, right?"

I nod.

"Excuse me but I think your child wants into the world now. Would you like to watch back here, Mr. Luthor?"

He looks at me. "Can I?"

"Sure---leave the wife alone," I quip.

Not quippy enough because he shakes his head at the doctor.

"Lex?"

"Yes?"

"Go on---you missed seeing Lizzy being born since you were at this end. I want you to see our son born."

"It's a boy?"

"Our daughter thinks it is."

"I bow to the superior intellect of our daughter then."

"Don't you mean her choice in gend---oh God, here we go again."

He looks at me worried and I smile. "It's like uncomfortable---not hurting---go, be with the doctor. I'll be here when you get back."

He leans over and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too, Lexy."

He leaves me and then:

"Chloe, ready to push?"

I nod.

"Okay then, give us a big push."

I push and then relax. Push and then relax again. Finally after a couple more----the head is crowning and I give a final push.

"Mr. and Mrs. Luthor, you have a bouncing baby boy."

I start to cry and he rushes over to me.

"She was right," he whispers, brushing away my tears.

"Yeah, she was. Lex---what----I mean, I've got girls names and I guess I should have listened but---"

"We'll discuss names later. For now, let's just have a look at what our love has created."

I nod and then we glance over to where the nurse is cleaning up our son. Then she brings him over to us and places him in my arms. I smile at his blue eyes and tuff of blonde hair. Then:

"A boy," he gasps.

"Want to hold onto your son, Lex?"

"Can I?"

"Sure, I'll have a lot of bonding time with him while you are at work---you should have some now, to offset it."

He leans in to place a kiss on my lips and then backs away, gently taking our son from me.

I smile as he talks to him:

"You know, you are very lucky. You have a Mommy who will always be there for you and a big sister, who's so looking forward to meeting you."

"And a Daddy who will try to protect you from the harshness of the world while also teaching you how to deal with it, if he can't," I say.

He looks at me. "Thank you, Chloe---for your love, for our children."

"I couldn't have done it without you."

"Sir?"

We look over to the doorway and see James standing there.

"May I and Miss Lizzy come in?"

"Yes, but don't stay too long," the doctor answers.

Then he turns to us.

"Would you like the baby to stay in the room or be in the nursery?"

"Here, please," I answer.

"But the crying---you need your rest, Chloe," my husband whispers to me.

"Its okay---I can deal with your snoring, I can deal with the crying," I quip.

He shakes him head and then looks at the doctor. "He stays here."

"I've got a brother---I knew it!"

We watch as Lizzy runs from James' side and into the room, happy with herself. But then she stops, looking at the little one in Lex's arms.

"Is that him?"

"Yes, sweetie, it's him," I answer.

"He's tiny."

"So were you."

She walks over to Lex's side and touches the baby. "Hi, baby. I'm your big sister."

The baby stares at her with his eyes and then smiles. She smiles back and then looks at me.

"I think he looks like a James."

"A James?"

I look at Lex and he's smiling.

"I think she's right."

"Me too."

We hear a clearing of the throat and I look over at James, who's tearing up.

"He looks like a James, Miss Lizzy?"

"Yeah, he looks like a James."

"And?" he asks her.

"Okay---a James Logan---after you and your cousin, Daddy."

"James Logan? I like it---don't you, Lex?"

"I certainly do."

"Well, I think the mother and father---and baby James, needs some sleep."

"Oh, yes, Doctor," James states. "Come, Miss Lizzy. We'll go out and have some dinner and then head home."

"Can I buy him a gift?"

"Of course."

"Can I buy him the biggest stuffed toy around?"

"Of course."

She smiles at him and then looks at us. "Night, Mommy, Daddy, and Jimmy."

I cringe at that name. "What's wrong, Mommy?"

"Maybe we'll call him Jim or Jaime when James is in the room, sweetie."

"Why?"

"Because I had a boyfriend named Jimmy and we---didn't have a good breakup."

"Oh---okay. Jaime---have a good sleep too."

She walks over and kisses us all and then is out the door, James following closely behind.

Then:

"Okay, well, I'll be leaving. Mr. and Mrs. Luthor, congratulations on the baby. And sleep well---you will need to get sleep where you can get it."

I smile. "I've heard about that, Doctor. Good night and thank you and the nurses, very much."

"I'll tell them---good night."

I watch Lex walk him to the door and then watch him come back. He places James in my arms and I kiss his head lightly.

"Good night, my sweet little prince."

He coos at me and then smiles. Then he closes his eyes and Lex takes him from my arms, whispering, "Sleep tight, my little prince."

He walks over and places the baby into the crib. Then he walks back.

"Hmmmm---is this bed big enough for two?"

"See that other bed over there---that's yours," I quip.

He chuckles. Then he lets down the side of the bed.

"Hey!"

"I thought you were kidding."

"I just gave birth---I don't want any jostling of the bed."

"What if I'm very still?"

I look at him. "Promise?"

"I do."

"No hanky panky?"

"Please, I'm tired."

"You’re tired---I just gave birth. remember!"

"Honey, calm down. We'll just snuggle and I'll sing you to sleep."

"And wake the baby at the same time?"

He sighs and I give him a smile.

"I'm sorry, Lex. Come on---you can sing to me if you are really quiet. In fact, I'll sing with you too."

"I have a feeling that baby will need a sonic boom to wake him."

"And why do you say that?"

"I did---it runs in the family, maybe?"

I laugh. "Come to think of it, an earthquake had to happen to wake Lizzy. As for me---the same. So, what are you waiting for, my love. Join me in peaceful slumber and if you are a good boy, you can watch me breast feed."

He cringes at that and I laugh.

"What---it's the most natural thing in the world, Alex."

"Then why do they have baby bottles?"

I roll my eyes and push off the covers, moving close to the other side of the bed. He sits on the edge, taking off his shoes, and that silly hat thing. Then he gets in, pulling the covers over us, and we snuggle.

"Hurt?"

"No," I state, with a deep sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing---I'm just so happy."

"And something is wrong with that?"

"Actually, no, and yet, things happen when I'm happy."

"I get lucky?"

I snort at that. "Actually, yes but is it wrong for me to want this moment in time to stand still, even for just a few minutes."

"We'll savor this moment, now and forever, even if it happened on Halloween."

"Halloween---Lex how did Lizzy do?"

"Made out like a bandit."

"That's my girl."

"That's our girl---now, let us sing ourselves to sleep and then tomorrow, we'll greet the new dawn, with our new son and share the joy with our friends."

"Oh my God, I forgot to call the Kents---and Daddy----and Clark and Lana---how---"

"I think you were busy and on the way to the hospital, I called them. They'll be here tomorrow during visiting hours."

"I knew there was a reason I married you."

"And that is?"

"You are so darn organized---that and you have a sexy butt."

He chuckles at that and then starts to hum. Then we sing:

"You're the light,
That lights my way,
On rainy nights,
You're the road that's headed home
When it's bitter outside
You're the hand that I hold
When I'm scared of the dark

There'll never ever be another you
I can search my whole life through
It's no use
All roads lead me to you
There'll never be another you

You're the first warm breath of spring
When the winter ends
You're my secret hiding place
When the world is closing in
You're the rain pouring down
When the well runs dry

I can search my whole life through.
It's no use
All roads lead me to you
There'll never be another you, oh no

Never be another

You're the rain pouring down
When the well runs dry

Never be another, be another you
Never be another, oh no

I can search my whole life through
It's no use
All roads lead me to you
There'll never be another you

Never be another you
Oh no
Never be another"

As our singing ends, there are two soft sighs and soft kisses, before we drift away, into dreamland. And my last thought---Halloween fun, Smallville Style is great, but I hope there's not another repeat of it, like this year. Maybe in a year or two---but next year, just getting candy would work out just fine for this tired and yet happy, mother and wife.

The End.

carly
30th November 2006, 00:13
That was just great, and Chloe speaking to doc simply priceless;) (I'd quote but I've to first figure out how to do it:confuse:) Anyway You did great job and Chlex are just sweet and perfect and just the way they should be !:clapclap: LOL!!!

slayer44
30th November 2006, 01:08
Chloe and Lex would make such great parents. I love the way Lizzy was worried about Chloe; so sweet. Great story, you rock!!!

starmoon
8th December 2006, 03:58
love this story it is very cute and sweet.

lkedino
10th December 2006, 18:50
Great Story

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 14:19
Well that was a fast birth *g*

good story, loved the Character of James (the butler) and the daughter