View Full Version : Repent (PG-15)

khushiyan
11th November 2006, 20:55
Title: REPENT
Author: khushiyan
Fandom: SMALLVILLE
Characters: CHLOE/LEX PAIRING
Type: SCENE THING.
Link: repent (http://khushiyan.livejournal.com/4887.html)
Theme/Prompt: #03: REPENT
Word Count: 516
Rating: 15
Summary: IT'S THE MORNING AFTER. BUT SHE'S STILL BROKEN.
Warnings/Spoilers: NOT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 15, AS IT INCLUDES SERIOUS THEMES.
Disclaimer: NEITHER SMALLVILLE NOR ITS CHARACTERS ARE OWNED BY OR FOR ME AND I DO NOT CLAIM THEM TO BE. I AM NOT MAKING ANY PROFIT FROM THIS (DO SMILES COUNT? :P) NOR HAVE I CREATED THIS FOR ANYONE ELSE PROFIT. THERE, THAT A GOOD DISCLAIMER?? :P
AN1: I SUGGEST YOU READ THE FIRST SECTION BEFORE READING THIS. IT'LL MAKE THIS MAKE MORE SENSE. COS THEN YOU'D BE ALL CONFUSED, AND WE WOULDN'T WANT THAT NOW WOULD WE? ;)

for him, he lingered in a delicate balance.
he would have Power (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5041) for eternity,
but to Repent (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5048) would be his only true hope.
And as she would Bleed (http://www.forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=211034#post211034) a silver symphony,
her Heart would slowly shatter and die.
they are the One and the Other,
the Bitter Glory,
each others Pain.

~*~

Lex turned over in his bed the next morning and sighed. He stretched his arms as the dull throbbing took hold of his head.

He looked over to the other side of his bed, and found it empty. He shook his head slowly, and got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

Finding it empty, he grabbed his dressing gown and bounded out the room. He felt unusually happy as he wrapped the silk around him and walked down the stairs towards the breakfast.

Lex grinned as he found Chloe sitting at the table, her back towards him. He kissed the top of her head, ignoring the grimaces on the maids’ faces. “How are you?” He asked he walked around the table to take his place opposite her.

“Fine.” She said in a low, monotone voice. He looked up at her, and froze when he saw her face; it was covered in bruises. She seemed perfectly calm and composed as she sipped her coffee, and ignored the pain.

Lex kept on staring at her as the maids placed food in front of them. He needed to know she was ok. He needed to know that he wasn’t a monster. “Smile.” He told her in a concerned voice.

Chloe stared back at him with an intense fury in her green eyes. The bruise around her left eye seemed to almost swell with anger.

“Smile.” He commanded in a harsher voice. “Smile.” He repeated, his knuckles turning white with anger.

Chloe put her coffee down and gave him a large smile, the kind she used to give to him all those years ago. But now it just seemed so broken, with the blood trickling down the cut on her head. She seemed so broken.

Lex nodded satisfied and got up and left the room, his heart tightening a little.

‘But I’m not a monster.’ He told himself as he made his way to his office. He opened the door quietly and braced himself for the mess.

As he stepped inside, he was taken aback by the cleanliness of it. It was perfect. A few items were missing, but otherwise no one could tell what had happened in it the night before.

Lex stood in the doorway, his mouth wide open in shock.

“Miss Sullivan cleaned it earlier.” Lex turned to find a maid behind him call out to him, disgust painted all over her pretty face. “She didn’t want any help.” The maid scrambled away, as if even looking at him tainted her.

Lex looked back at the empty room, as a tear slipped down his face. It seemed to linger on his cheek, afraid and alone.

He wiped it away slowly, and walked inside, shutting the door behind him. He picked up a photo frame faced down on the coffee table and turned it over slowly. It was of a photograph of him wrapping his arms around Chloe, both of their faces alight with love and warmth.

He didn’t notice the speck of blood on the top of the frame, only the shadow of her tears.

~*~

AN: REVIEW!!

Gaia
12th November 2006, 14:13
Not a monster....right. Lex is an idiot, Really.
But the story is very well written.

khushiyan
12th November 2006, 18:51
oh thank you sweetie!! and Lex is the bigget idiot of them all. :( ah well. keep a look-out for the next instalment, *hint-hint* ;)

senay-jor
14th November 2006, 02:26
You did a great job drawing upon tense emotions of both characters!! I look forward to the next installment.

Tehzo
19th November 2006, 03:29
I've been a little out of the Chlex world because of what's been going on in the show (all the badness). So, I had forgotten how much I used to (and still do) enjoy angst, especially dark angst.

I really loved the part where he tells her to smile- how he starts out saying it to her in a concerned way and then becomes more demanding. I didn't expect her to give him a big smile in return. But it showed that there still was something (spirit) there inside of her. And giving her Chloe-trademark smile while covered in bruises was a great (in terms of being angsty) visual.

Lex's denial of being a monster just showed how far off he's gone. I'd wish for there to be hope for him but it doesn't seem plausibe in any way.

A really nice, short and powerful piece. I say that even though you might think I'm weird...but I really do love the angst :).

khushiyan
19th November 2006, 15:55
senay-jor: thank you!! i wanted them to be so tense that if you cut through it, it would bounce back and burn them... like an elastic band? heh.. :)but yeah, next one coming up soon. :D

Tehzo: oh thank you deary. i love the smile bit too, it makes me think that he really can't go on without that (broken) smile. and babe, the angst is what makes the world go round. i love it too. :D

{next up, Bleed}

blacktears
10th January 2007, 20:56
LEX HIT CHLOE???????
OH MY GOOD???
The story is to sad and i'm having so much difficuty to read all of it but is a Chlex story so i will keep reading. It very original and very much too sad for me but is was different from what i usualy read. Good change for me anyway.

Nonhalema
26th May 2007, 19:20
Well of course I don't like the way Lex is characterized...but hey at least he knows he is a monster...anyway...also good work

Ami Rose
10th February 2014, 10:52
that's so sad