PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Elle Est Digne (NC-17) *Epilogue part II *Completed* 6-10-08*

Pages : 1 [2]

kimbo
26th April 2008, 09:12
Chapter 15

“Are you going to finish your pie?” Chloe asked, fork already poised over Lois’s piece of blueberry pie.

Lois, who was all too happy to see her cousin eat without vomiting it all back up, pushed the plate toward her. “Help yourself.”

Chloe grinned. “Thanks.” She quickly polished off the rest of the pie before she reached over and quickly downed the rest of her of milk. “yum.” She said with a satisfied smile. Pie never tasted so good. She smiled. “Maybe I’ll take a piece to go.”

Lois nodded. “that’s a good idea.” She leaned forward. “You seem different today.”

Chloe nodded with a slight smile. “I woke up this morning not feeling an ounce of sickness.” She leaned back in her chair. “It made me see a little bit of perspective on the situation.”

“Really?” Lois asked with a small smile of hope.

Chloe nodded. “Uh huh. I’m still pregnant, and okay. That doesn’t mean my life is-” she paused. “Over. Just different. I’ll just continue on like I was before all of this happened.”

Lois nodded slowly, little warning bells going off in her head. “Okay.”

Chloe smiled at her cousin. “I know what you’re thinking Lois. No I’m not going to do anything rash. I’m okay. I can’t let this take me over. I can’t cry anymore.”

Lois slowly let out the breath she didn’t realize she’d been holding. “Okay.” She said again. “That’s good right?” She asked with a smile. “That you’re accepting this.”

Chloe’s smile faded a bit. “I still think this is a total inconvenience, and I still don’t know about this being a mother thing.” She shrugged. “I’m dealing with this. I totally support this baby growing and thriving inside of me, and I won’t do anything to put it in harm’s way.”

“That’s good to hear.” Lois said before she finally smiled. “So you won’t bite my head off for mentioning anything baby related?” Lois asked.

“I’m sorry about that.” Chloe apologized softly. “But, no I won’t bite your head off. Much.”

Lois grinned at her. “Good, so that means I can give you the maternity clothes I bought for you.”

Chloe laughed softly. “I’ve only gained a few pounds Lois.”

Lois raised an eyebrow. “Your boobs are huge.” She said. “And your stomach has a tiny-”

“Okay.” Chloe cut in. “I get it.”

“Not to break the mood or anything, but what about Gabe? When do you think you’re going to let him know he’s going to be a grandpa?”

Chloe slowly sighed. “I don’t know. I’ve just only gotten use-I just have to wait for the right time you know? I’m just trying to figure out how to break it to him.” She felt a sharp stab of apprehension at telling her father. She couldn’t bare the look of disappointment he’d give her.

“He’ll still love you Chloe.” Lois assured her. “You’re his little girl.”

“I know.” Chloe said with a small shake of her head. “Maybe that’s where the problem is. He’s probably in denial that I’m even having sex.”

Lois laughed. “You’re right.” she shook her head slightly. “I still can’t believe you told Clark.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “He called me fat. The jerk. I am surprised at the way he reacted though. At least we know he’s growing into a somewhat mature guy.”

Both women were quiet for a long moment before Lois giggled.

“What?” Chloe asked.

“I can’t believe you’re having Lex Luthor’s child.”

Chloe stared at her for a long moment before she to broke out into laughter.

“You really know how to make a statement Chlo.”

Both girls giggled loudly, ignoring the stares they received from the rest of the patrons.

At 4 ½ inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/z ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, your baby will go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling it’s weight and adding inches to its length. It’s lower limbs are much more developed now and-

“What are you planning?”

Interrupted in his reading, Lex slowly looked up from his book, surprised to see standing in front of him, a glare on his face.

He sighed to himself and placed the book down. “Okay.” he said leaning back in his chair. “Just to let you know I’m in no mood to try and decipher the accusing glare you’re sporting right now.”

“Chloe.” Clark grated out. “She told me she’s- What are you playing at Lex?”

Lex hid his surprise at Chloe telling Clark about her being pregnant. “Playing Clark?” He asked sitting forward. He glared up at the younger man. “I assure you this is no game for me.”

Clark glared right back. “You expect me to believe that?” Clark asked. “You expect me to believe that you’ve just suddenly developed feelings for Chloe? I know you Lex. You’ve ruined her life!”

A cold sliver of rage slide up from his stomach and bloom into his chest. It took everything in him not to explode. “You don’t know shit about me.” He said calmly. “I think you should go.”

Never seeing that expression on Lex’s face before, clark back down. He straightened up. “I’m going to find up what you’re up to.” He said softly. “When I do-I’ll-”

“You’ll what?” Lex cut in. He stood up. “Get the hell out of here Clark!”

Clark closed his mouth and turned to go, throwing a glare over his shoulder as he went.

He could feel himself tremble with the familiar rage he hadn’t felt in a long time. He slowly sat back down, willing himself under control. The nerve of Clark to accuse him of using Chloe. His hands tightened on the arm rests of his seat. He wasn’t using Chloe. He would never. He certainly wasn’t ruining her life.

At least he hoped he wasn’t.

Lex couldn’t take his eyes off of the tiny bump that has become Chloe’s belly, as the wand smoothed the cool gel onto her stomach. His mind couldn’t wrap around the fact that there was his child inside of her growing and expanding.

"Okay," Dr. Garner said softly. "There it is." She said with a soft smile.

His eyes slid to the screen and they widened slightly as he spotted the small object on the screen. There he or she was, no bigger than the avocado he read about. The sound of a heart beat filled the room, and he couldn’t stop the swell of unusual emotions he felt swell inside himself. Not when he saw evidence of the life that he and Chloe had made. He glanced down at her, surprised at the curious expression on her face. It wasn’t happiness, but it was something.

“It’s so small.” Chloe said softly. “Doesn’t really look like much.”

Dr. Garner nodded. “Yes. Right now the fetus is about five inches long.” She moved the wand around. “The heart beat is strong. Everything seems to be on schedule.” She looked at the expectant parents. “I can tell you what the sex may be right now if you like.”

“No.” They both said. Each for different reasons.

Dr. Garner smiled and nodded. “Okay. It would only be a guestimate anyway. We’ll really be one hundred percent sure once you reach your twentieth week.” She placed the wand down and reached for a wipe and gently cleaned the gel off of Chloe’s stomach. “I’ll set another appointment for you in four weeks, and we’ll have to do some more blood work then.” She smiled at Chloe. “I hope you don’t mind me saying Chloe, but you look very happy today. It’s a nice look on you.” she patted her leg. “I’ll let you get dressed.”

Lex watched as Chloe hopped off of the table and slid the gown off of her shoulders, leaving her clad in only her underwear. He didn’t bother to turn away because she didn’t seem to care that he was standing there watching her. He watched as she slid her dress over her head, the expression on her face indicating that she was in deep thought. “She’s right you know.”

She looked up at him, startled by his voice. “Huh?”

“Dr. Garner.” he said. “You do look happy today. It’s a good look on you.” It was a good look. She did look good. She looked good all the time actually but there was something different today. He noted that she was growing her hair even longer. It was almost touching her shoulders now, but he knew it wasn’t just that. The constant sadness and frown she always sported was now missing.

Chloe slipped her shoes on. “Lois said I was glowing.”

He smiled, and handed her jacket over. “You are.”

She snorted at that and grabbed her jacket from his hands. “Thanks.” She turned to go and Lex followed. They both paused at the nurses station for her appointment card before making their way toward the elevators.

“Chloe,” Lex said once they were outside. “I was wondering if you’d like to join me for lunch.”

She turned to look up at him, her expression apologetic. “I’m taking a summer class and it starts in about an hour.”

He nodded. Keeping the disappointment out of his tone. “Okay. Maybe some other time.”

She unlocked her car before turning to face him again. “I can meet you for dinner though. At your place? Seven?”

Lex hid his surprise not expecting her to agree to such a thing. “Okay. I’ll see you then.”

He watched as she got into her car and drove off. He smiled.

This is crazy.

Chloe had to be losing her mind. At least that’s what she thought as she pulled up the drive of Lex’s manor.

She paused before exiting her car. She knew why she was doing this. Chloe knew she was crazy. At least that’s what she thought as she pulled up the drive of Lex’s manor.

She paused before exiting her car. She knew why she was doing this. She and Lex were going to have a child together, and the least she could was be cordial to him.

"Okay Sullivan," She said to herself. "You can do this. Just go in there be nice and eat whatever weird food he probably has waiting for you." She sighed to herself. Maybe it won't be that bad.

She was trying to do the right thing. She could finally admit that no matter how much it bothered her, she was connected with Lex for the rest of her life. She shook her head and glanced down at her stomach as it rumbled in hunger. She was starving and no amount of fear would keep her away from food right at the moment.

She was surprised it was Lex who answered the door after she forced herself to ring the doorbell. She didn’t try to hide the fact that her eyes tracked him from top to bottom. He looked different she noted. Dressed in a dark blue cotton t-shirt and dark blue jeans. He looked softer, and more relaxed. She remembered seeing this look on him during their time being held captive. She shook her head, not wanting to think on that right now.

“Hi.” she greeted softly.

“Hi.” he greeted back, moving to the side so that she could enter. “I’m glad you made it.”

“Uh huh.” She said, as she followed him toward his office. “Is that pizza I smell?”

“Yes.” Lex answered with a small smile of amusement.

Mario’s pizza never tasted so good.

Chloe tried to politely not stuff her face, but she couldn’t stop herself from reaching out for a second slice. She glanced over at Lex, who was watching her with a look of amusement. He hadn’t even touched his plated. “Aren’t you hungry?” She asked as she wiped her mouth with a napkin.

“Not really.” He answered honestly.

Chloe bit into her slice and slowly chewed before swallowing. “You should eat some. I don’t want to seem like a pig.”

Lex shrugged and shook his head. “No. Its good to see you’re eating. Are you still getting sick?” he asked.

Chloe shrugged slightly. “Once every few days. Only when I smell something weird though. I swear I can smell anything, even if I’m really far away or if its from days ago. Its kind of freakish.” She trailed off as if she’d said too much.

Lex nodded. “That explains how you smelled the pizza.”

She felt her face turn red from embarrassment. “Yeah.” She said and to her horror she realized she finished her second piece already. She fought hard to control herself from reaching for a third slice.

Lex sat forward. “Chloe, the reason I’ve asked you to meet with me is because I think we should talk.”

‘Of course.’ Chloe thought. She sat back in her chair. “Uh huh. About?” She asked feigning obliviousness.

“Our baby.” He said clearly seeing through her façade.

Hearing the term ‘Our baby.’ Made Chloe’s right eye twitch. It made her jaw tick. It made her want to run screaming from the room. “What about it?”

“We have to have a plan. For example where you’re going to live when you have the baby.”

She raised an eyebrow at him. “Excuse me?”

Lex ignored the angry tone In her voice and continued. “You can’t expect to stay in such a small apartment with Lois.” He paused for a moment before he continued. “I think you should stay here with me. Or you could-”

“Hold it!” Chloe cut in angrily. “What are you- do you even know how ridiculous you sound? I don’t want to live with you.”

“I don’t believe I sound ridiculous at all Chloe. You wouldn’t have to want for anything. I’ll take care of you. I’ll-”

“No.” She cut in standing up. “You’ll do nothing.” She grabbed her jacket and purse. “I knew I was crazy coming here.” she muttered. She turned to face him, ignoring the quiet anger on his face. “Just because I’m having your child doesn’t mean that you can make decisions for me and it certainly doesn’t mean that I have to live with you and let you take care of me like I’m some freaking invalid!”

“That’s not what I was implying.” He said calmly, but the edge was clearly in his voice. He stood and stared down at her. “I swear you are the most infuriating stubborn person I’ve ever had the experience of knowing.”

Chloe glared up at him. “Fuck you! You’re a control fre-”

She was cut off by his lips against her own. She stiffened in surprise and tried to push him away but he only tightened his grip. Despite the grip on her shoulders, his lips felt soft against her own, and her mind whirred on how familiar his lips felt. How good they felt. She slowly felt herself relax and it was only a moment before she was kissing him back. Her balled fists slowly uncurled to relax against his chest and she sighed.

Her mouth slowly opened up against his own and she moaned as his tongue slid against her own. She stiffened when she heard him moan. Finally coming to her senses, she pushed away from him. She glared up at him, ignoring the familiar lustful expression on his face.

“Don’t do that.” She said quietly, before turning and quickly exiting the office.

“You can’t run forever Chloe.” Lex called to her retreating figure.

Opening the door to her apartment, Chloe entered, kicking her shoes off as she did. She threw her bag and jacket onto the couch and stumbled her way up the small steps toward her bed.

She snuggled up against the pillows, her mind turning. The nerve of Lex to say those things to her. She didn’t know why he had to be so freaking controlling all of the time. The nerve of him to kiss her. She paused in thought a small wry smile coming onto her face. Well, that part wasn’t so bad. But it was the principle of the thing. You can’t just kiss someone in the middle of an argument.

She shook her head. “Stupid Lex.” She muttered as she reached for the remote control. She switched the television on and grimaced as she felt her stomach grumble. She glared down at her belly. “Don’t you start.” She stared at the television, her mind jumbled with thoughts.

She wished she’d eaten that third slice of pizza. She frowned. She could call Clark and ask him to run her over a piece of pie, but he’d just do that weird x-ray thing to her again, and she wasn’t in the mood for it. Her frown deepened at her sudden feeling of despondence.

Was this what her life was going to be like from now on? Being fine one moment then feeling like a miserable self pitying loser the next. All the while getting bigger and bigger until she was the size of a planet.

She sighed and turned onto her side as she stared at the image of a couple holding each other. She switched the television off. “Damn you Lex.”

Lex felt like throwing things. An hour had passed and he could still feel the rage boiling deep inside. He once again went over in his head, trying to figure out what he’d said wrong. Of course he had expected her to react the way that she did, but it still didn’t decrease his anger he felt at her stubbornness.

If she could only understand how patient he was being. If she could only understand how he could take care of her. He felt his hands ball into fists. He could get what he truly wanted, with the right motivation. He thought this over for a moment before shaking his head. He sighed. He couldn’t as much as he felt the need to. He wanted Chloe to come to him without manipulation. He shook his head wryly. This whole being patient and letting things happen naturally was not fun.

Uncurling his fist, he stood up, pausing in surprise. “Chloe?”

Chloe shifted in the doorway of his office. “It was immature of me to just walk away.” She sighed. “And I shouldn’t have yelled.” she added more quietly.

Lex nodded. “Okay.” He said slowly. “I’m sorry I kissed you.”

She smiled at that. “No you aren’t.”

“You’re right.” He said.

Her eyes grew sharp. “But I meant what I said before. I don’t need or expect you to take care of me Lex. This baby yes, but me-” She trailed off and shook her head. “I don’t need to be saved.”

He opened his mouth to protest, but closed it when she held up her hand.

“I don’t.” She wrung her fingers as she continued talking. “I keep thinking about everything, wondering how the hell my life turned so fucking bizarre and its just making me crazy. I can’t live like that.”

Lex nodded, willing himself to keep his expression as neutral as possible.

“I also keep thinking about our time together.” She said hesitantly. “And I have to admit that I miss you.”

The words were like an explosion in Lex’s brain. So much so that he nearly swayed on his feet. “Chloe?”

She shrugged. “I’ll admit you’ve affected me more than I thought. I mean, I’m not sure if its love, but its something. Maybe we could take things slow.”

Lex took a step towards her. It wasn’t much. Just an inch, but it was a start. “Okay.”

She sighed again. “It doesn’t mean that things are going to be a happy fairytale now.”

He snorted. “I didn’t expect it to be Chloe. Give me a little credit will you?”

She smiled and continued. “And I’m not moving in with you.”

He nodded and took another step toward her. “Okay.”

“And you can’t make all of the decisions.”

He nodded. “Right.”

This time she took a small step toward him. “I’m not even sure about this whole mother thing. I don’t know how to be a mother.”

He shrugged slightly. “I’m going to have to learn too you know.”

She looked at him as if she was seeing him for the first time. “We have to take this really really slow. Like super slow. So slow you-”

“I get it.” Lex cut in. He reached for her hand and gently pulled her closer. “Slow.”

She eyed him warily before shaking her head. “I don’t think you do. I mean, you did knock me up.”

He only smiled.

“This is crazy.” She whispered.

He shrugged. “I’m used to crazy.”

She snorted. “God with your weird Luthor tendencies and my neurotic behavior it’ll be a wonder if this kid turns out somewhat normal.”

His smile widened. “He’ll be great.”

She raised an eyebrow. “He?”

He shrugged. “Or she.” He moved and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“I hope I’m not making a mistake Lex.” Chloe said softly. “Everything will change.”

He shook his head. “Things changed the moment we were placed in that apartment Chloe.”

She reached up and kissed him before pulling away. “I really came over here for that third slice of pizza, but I saw you sitting here all angry and all of these words came spilling out.”

Lex laughed softly. “Of course.” He gripped her hand in his own as he pulled her fully inside his office. “The pizza is really rather cold.”

She shrugged. “Cold pizza is the best.”

Lex shook his head. “That’s-pretty disgusting.”

Chloe shrugged out of her jacket. “Yeah, well get used to it.”

TBC-next part epilogue

westwingwolf
26th April 2008, 10:00
I'm glad that Chloe is starting to feel a little better about the pregnancy. I love that Lex grabbed her and kissed her. I'm happy that she came back to give Lex a chance. And Clark can just deal. Sad to know that only the epilogue is left.

lj715
26th April 2008, 11:32
I can't believe only the epilogue is left. Great update, glad they've come to an agreement to take things slow.

Starangel148
26th April 2008, 19:09
Great chapter. I'm glad Chlex is trying to work things out. I can't wait for the next chapter, update soon.

dagney
26th April 2008, 19:22
I've truely enjoyed this story. Thanks for continuing it. I look foward to more of your writing in the future. dagney

hfce
26th April 2008, 19:31
The last chapter can't be the last. It has just begun. I am glad she finally is willing to give him a chance. :D

karila
26th April 2008, 20:35
Really good chapters.

hiddenangel
26th April 2008, 21:16
Aww...I can't believe this fic is ending soon, it has been amazing.

veronica525
26th April 2008, 21:45
Love it! I'm sad that only the epilogue is next :(

somethingeasy
27th April 2008, 12:38
Chloe nodded. “Uh huh. I’m still pregnant, and okay. That doesn’t mean my life is-” she paused. “Over. Just different. I’ll just continue on like I was before all of this happened.”

heh, it took a while, but it seems like Chloe has finally reached the ‘acceptance’ stage of dealing with the life-changing ‘disaster’ that has occurred. Hmmm, I don’t know how long this conversation is taking place after the last chapter (the night when Lex showed up in Chloe’s apartment and took care of her in such a beautiful, gentle, supportive manner)… but I’d like to think that Lex Luthor played a significant role in helping Chloe get to this stage.

“That’s good to hear.” Lois said before she finally smiled. “So you won’t bite my head off for mentioning anything baby related?” Lois asked.

“I’m sorry about that.” Chloe apologized softly. “But, no I won’t bite your head off. Much.”

LOL! I was also glad to see that the two cousins are connecting. Lois was trying really, REALLY hard to be supportive before, but the two cousins were not on the same wavelength, and not really ready to deal with each other. It’s GOOD to see that they can actually have a conversation now without one of them becoming shocked to near tears.

Lois grinned at her. “Good, so that means I can give you the maternity clothes I bought for you.”

Chloe laughed softly. “I’ve only gained a few pounds Lois.”

Lois raised an eyebrow. “Your boobs are huge.” She said. “And your stomach has a tiny-”

“Okay.” Chloe cut in. “I get it.”

LOL! Lois is SO lucky that Chloe is out of that ‘randomly snapping at people’ stage, otherwise she might have been killed for these statements, LOL! But it’s wonderful to see that Chloe can now at least hear about the changes in her body without breaking into tears or into a rage.

Chloe slowly sighed. “I don’t know. I’ve just only gotten use-I just have to wait for the right time you know? I’m just trying to figure out how to break it to him.” She felt a sharp stab of apprehension at telling her father. She couldn’t bare the look of disappointment he’d give her.

“He’ll still love you Chloe.” Lois assured her. “You’re his little girl.”

“I know.” Chloe said with a small shake of her head. “Maybe that’s where the problem is. He’s probably in denial that I’m even having sex.”

woah, WOAH!! Gabe doesn’t know?!? What the heck!!! You mean to tell me that EVERYONE knows about the pregnancy (right down to oblivious Clark) EXCEPT the girl’s father? That is wrong on SO many levels! I’m actually disappointed in Chloe for not having the guts to face up to her dad and tell him… She’s not only being cowardly, but she’s also grossly underestimating him, thinking that he won’t be supportive or he won’t be able to deal. It’s not fair, and I hope he scolds her about hiding this from him for so long.

At 4 1⁄2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/z ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, your baby will go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling it’s weight and adding inches to its length. It’s lower limbs are much more developed now and-

“What are you planning?”

Interrupted in his reading, Lex slowly looked up from his book, surprised to see standing in front of him, a glare on his face.

ROTFL! Lex is so CUTE! It’s adorable, but also such a Luthorian-type thing to do… try to take hold of whatever control he has over this impossible, unpredictable situation by becoming an expert on the facts of foetus development, childbirth and baby-rearing. He’s probably going to end up a walking encyclopaedia of ‘baby facts’ by the end of this month (of not this week).

Clark glared right back. “You expect me to believe that?” Clark asked. “You expect me to believe that you’ve just suddenly developed feelings for Chloe? I know you Lex. You’ve ruined her life!”

A cold sliver of rage slide up from his stomach and bloom into his chest. It took everything in him not to explode. “You don’t know shit about me.” He said calmly. “I think you should go.”

Never seeing that expression on Lex’s face before, clark back down. He straightened up. “I’m going to find up what you’re up to.” He said softly. “When I do-I’ll-”

“You’ll what?” Lex cut in. He stood up. “Get the hell out of here Clark!”

*sigh* that was sadly predictable behaviour from Clark. I had hoped that he would continue the reasonable, mature attitude that he displayed in the last chapter with Chloe. But then he comes here, wagging his finger and throwing baseless accusations around in an annoying, irritating and useless manner. Seriously, WHAT does he hope to accomplish by this?!?

Lex couldn’t take his eyes off of the tiny bump that has become Chloe’s belly, as the wand smoothed the cool gel onto her stomach. His mind couldn’t wrap around the fact that there was his child inside of her growing and expanding.

"Okay," Dr. Garner said softly. "There it is." She said with a soft smile.

His eyes slid to the screen and they widened slightly as he spotted the small object on the screen. There he or she was, no bigger than the avocado he read about. The sound of a heart beat filled the room, and he couldn’t stop the swell of unusual emotions he felt swell inside himself. Not when he saw evidence of the life that he and Chloe had made. He glanced down at her, surprised at the curious expression on her face. It wasn’t happiness, but it was something.

This was beautiful, Kimbo! I loved hearing about Lex being overwhelmed by all kinds of nameless emotions like awe, gratitude, tenderness, love, and ALL the other emotions that we can imagine an obsessively devoted father to be feeling when he views his child for the first time.

Dr. Garner nodded. “Yes. Right now the fetus is about five inches long.” She moved the wand around. “The heart beat is strong. Everything seems to be on schedule.” She looked at the expectant parents. “I can tell you what the sex may be right now if you like.”

“No.” They both said. Each for different reasons.

LOL! I don’t think it was necessary for Dr. Garner to give out information and measurements with regards to development… Lex probably could have quoted three source materials stating how big the child was, what organs and limbs have developed so far, etc, etc. LOL! Actually, I’m surprised he didn’t start spouting information and immediately start badgering the doctor for details about potential problems, LOL!

Hmmm, I do wonder about their ‘different reasons’ for not wanting to know the sex of the baby. Are we going to get more details about that? I would have thought that Lex would have wanted this information beforehand so that he could start planning and preparing ASAP.

“Dr. Garner.” he said. “You do look happy today. It’s a good look on you.” It was a good look. She did look good. She looked good all the time actually but there was something different today. He noted that she was growing her hair even longer. It was almost touching her shoulders now, but he knew it wasn’t just that. The constant sadness and frown she always sported was now missing.

Chloe slipped her shoes on. “Lois said I was glowing.”

He smiled, and handed her jacket over. “You are.”

I liked how Chloe is visibly happier now so that BOTH Garner and Lex were able to see it, and undoubtedly be greatly relieved by it. I can imagine it wasn’t any fun for the two people to be seeing a pregnant woman who seemed to sad and miserable about her condition.

LOL! And I also loved the doting way that Lex was gazing on her. Noting how she was looking so much happier, lovelier and ‘glowing’, LOL! I love Lex when he’s being stupidly sappy. It’s sweet and amusing!

He nodded. Keeping the disappointment out of his tone. “Okay. Maybe some other time.”

She unlocked her car before turning to face him again. “I can meet you for dinner though. At your place? Seven?”

Lex hid his surprise not expecting her to agree to such a thing. “Okay. I’ll see you then.”

He watched as she got into her car and drove off. He smiled.

I actually hurt for Lex when I saw how heart fall at Chloe’s initial rejection, but I was so relieved, pleased and DLEIGHTED to see Chloe make a ‘counter-offer date’. Lex has been trying SO hard to make any kind of connection with her, and it’s been heart-aching to see all his efforts being rejected, so it was great to see Chloe also bending a little to meet him.

It’s a small step, but a great start!! :D

She paused before exiting her car. She knew why she was doing this. She and Lex were going to have a child together, and the least she could was be cordial to him.

"Okay Sullivan," She said to herself. "You can do this. Just go in there be nice and eat whatever weird food he probably has waiting for you." She sighed to herself. Maybe it won't be that bad.

heh, I rather figured that Chloe only agreed to meet with Lex because she felt somewhat ‘duty bound’ to form some kind of ‘cordial relationship’ with the father of her child. She doesn’t want to get together with Lex, but she ALSO doesn’t want to force him out of her child’s life… that would be too cruel!

LOL! And it’s also amusing that she also agreed to a dinner date simply because she was hungry… So I take it that the way to THIS woman’s heart is through her stomach (in a variety of ways), LOL!

She was surprised it was Lex who answered the door after she forced herself to ring the doorbell. She didn’t try to hide the fact that her eyes tracked him from top to bottom. He looked different she noted. Dressed in a dark blue cotton t-shirt and dark blue jeans. He looked softer, and more relaxed. She remembered seeing this look on him during their time being held captive. She shook her head, not wanting to think on that right now.

LOL! The ‘relaxed and casual’ look for Lex tonight? WHY do I have the suspicious feeling that he probably stressed out more about tonight’s outfit than he has for ANY clothing choice EVER before, LOL! In fact, I can even imagine that he stressed out like crazy over menu choices before finally settling with desperation on pizza, LOL! Poor Lex!

At least Chloe made a note of approval on all his choices. Which must have delighted him.

Lex shrugged and shook his head. “No. Its good to see you’re eating. Are you still getting sick?” he asked.

Chloe shrugged slightly. “Once every few days. Only when I smell something weird though. I swear I can smell anything, even if I’m really far away or if its from days ago. Its kind of freakish.” She trailed off as if she’d said too much.

Lex nodded. “That explains how you smelled the pizza.”

She felt her face turn red from embarrassment. “Yeah.” She said and to her horror she realized she finished her second piece already. She fought hard to control herself from reaching for a third slice.

It was great to see how much happier and healthier Chloe is now that she’s passed by the god-awful ‘morning sickness’ stage of the pregnancy. No wonder she was miserable and angry until the second trimester. ANYONE would have been! LOL! and just look at the girl inhaling all those pizzas… Lex must have been SO relieved to know that she was actually getting nutrition now (or as much nutrition as one can get from a pizza, LOL!) AND that his menu choices were met with such visceral approval, LOL!

Lex ignored the angry tone In her voice and continued. “You can’t expect to stay in such a small apartment with Lois.” He paused for a moment before he continued. “I think you should stay here with me. Or you could-”

“Hold it!” Chloe cut in angrily. “What are you- do you even know how ridiculous you sound? I don’t want to live with you.”

“I don’t believe I sound ridiculous at all Chloe. You wouldn’t have to want for anything. I’ll take care of you. I’ll-”

“No.” She cut in standing up. “You’ll do nothing.” She grabbed her jacket and purse. “I knew I was crazy coming here.” she muttered. She turned to face him, ignoring the quiet anger on his face. “Just because I’m having your child doesn’t mean that you can make decisions for me and it certainly doesn’t mean that I have to live with you and let you take care of me like I’m some freaking invalid!”

oh, Lex! NO!!! I’m on the guy’s side, and even *I* have to say that he was behaving like an over-bearing control freak. Honestly, the girl agreed to a ‘dinner date’ with you for the first time, and you start telling her that you’ve planned and mapped out the rest of your lives together? Dumbass! ROTFL! But I absolutely loved this ‘typically Lex Luthor’ way of trying to steamroll a situation into the direction he wants, and not considering that he’s going to run into any kind of resistance or ‘nay saying’, LOL!

“That’s not what I was implying.” He said calmly, but the edge was clearly in his voice. He stood and stared down at her. “I swear you are the most infuriating stubborn person I’ve ever had the experience of knowing.”

Chloe glared up at him. “Fuck you! You’re a control fre-”

She was cut off by his lips against her own. She stiffened in surprise and tried to push him away but he only tightened his grip. Despite the grip on her shoulders, his lips felt soft against her own, and her mind whirred on how familiar his lips felt. How good they felt. She slowly felt herself relax and it was only a moment before she was kissing him back. Her balled fists slowly uncurled to relax against his chest and she sighed.

Her mouth slowly opened up against his own and she moaned as his tongue slid against her own. She stiffened when she heard him moan. Finally coming to her senses, she pushed away from him. She glared up at him, ignoring the familiar lustful expression on his face.

Wow! Now THAT is one of the best ways to put a quick end to any Chlex fight… OR, even if it doesn’t put an actual end to the conflict, at least it’s a good break in between the yelling, LOL!

It’s possible that Lex was just trying to ‘shut her up’, but I think it’s more likely that Lex has a kink for Chloe when she’s angry. I think he finds her most irresistibly when she’s displaying the special kind of passion that she reserves for shrieking, screaming fights like this one. LOL!

She snuggled up against the pillows, her mind turning. The nerve of Lex to say those things to her. She didn’t know why he had to be so freaking controlling all of the time. The nerve of him to kiss her. She paused in thought a small wry smile coming onto her face. Well, that part wasn’t so bad. But it was the principle of the thing. You can’t just kiss someone in the middle of an argument.

awww, why not?! You can go back to arguing after the kiss is over? It’s just a… pleasant interlude to give your throats and voices a chance to recover ;)

Lex felt like throwing things. An hour had passed and he could still feel the rage boiling deep inside. He once again went over in his head, trying to figure out what he’d said wrong. Of course he had expected her to react the way that she did, but it still didn’t decrease his anger he felt at her stubbornness.

If she could only understand how patient he was being. If she could only understand how he could take care of her. He felt his hands ball into fists. He could get what he truly wanted, with the right motivation. He thought this over for a moment before shaking his head. He sighed. He couldn’t as much as he felt the need to. He wanted Chloe to come to him without manipulation. He shook his head wryly. This whole being patient and letting things happen naturally was not fun.

I liked that Lex understood that he pushed Chloe too far, too fast and too soon… but that he was STILL angry that Chloe didn’t immediately acquiesce to all of his ‘masterful, brilliant solutions’. LOL! It’s going to take time, but Chloe will eventually make him understand how letting him ‘take care’ of her feels too much like handing over her control to him.

Lex nodded. “Okay.” He said slowly. “I’m sorry I kissed you.”

She smiled at that. “No you aren’t.”

“You’re right.” He said.

LOL! That typical, arrogant, Luthor, non-repenting, confidence! I LOVE IT!

Her eyes grew sharp. “But I meant what I said before. I don’t need or expect you to take care of me Lex. This baby yes, but me-” She trailed off and shook her head. “I don’t need to be saved.”

He opened his mouth to protest, but closed it when she held up her hand.

“I don’t.” She wrung her fingers as she continued talking. “I keep thinking about everything, wondering how the hell my life turned so fucking bizarre and its just making me crazy. I can’t live like that.”

Lex nodded, willing himself to keep his expression as neutral as possible.

I liked how Chloe phrased her feelings, thoughts and objections to Lex. She was firm but gentle, and he actually seemed to understand that Chloe needed to keep herself together by maintaining her independence. And Lex was going to have to deal with that, even if it meant giving her a ‘little’ bit more distance than he would have liked. I think he understood.

“I also keep thinking about our time together.” She said hesitantly. “And I have to admit that I miss you.”

The words were like an explosion in Lex’s brain. So much so that he nearly swayed on his feet. “Chloe?”

She shrugged. “I’ll admit you’ve affected me more than I thought. I mean, I’m not sure if its love, but its something. Maybe we could take things slow.”

Lex took a step towards her. It wasn’t much. Just an inch, but it was a start. “Okay.”

Squeee! It IS a GREAT start! It’s a HUGE thing that Chloe has admitted to Lex… in fact, it’s a huge thing that she admitted to herself too.

She looked at him as if she was seeing him for the first time. “We have to take this really really slow. Like super slow. So slow you-”

“I get it.” Lex cut in. He reached for her hand and gently pulled her closer. “Slow.”

She eyed him warily before shaking her head. “I don’t think you do. I mean, you did knock me up.”

He only smiled.

“This is crazy.” She whispered.

He shrugged. “I’m used to crazy.”

Excellent! Lex Luthor is the type of person who, if you give him an inch, he’ll take five miles. So it was very wise of Chloe to ‘lay down the law’, telling him that she won’t allow him to railroad her into whatever kind of life and lifestyle HE thinks would suit all of them. She’s going to be as much a part of the decision making process as he is. What a wonderful start!

LOL! And they were so cute and sweet together during this ‘negotiating’. I really enjoyed their really sweetly tentative banter just now.

She reached up and kissed him before pulling away. “I really came over here for that third slice of pizza, but I saw you sitting here all angry and all of these words came spilling out.”

ROTFLMAO! HAH! I knew it! The way to her heart IS actually thorugh feeding her. I think it’s possible that Lex might be learning how to cook himself soon… JUST so that Chloe start associating HIM with food and begins to transfer the ‘affection’, LOL!

Kimbo?!?? :eek: what did you mean that the next part is the epilogue???? We’ve just passed by a major hurdle and threshold over here, but it’s NOWHERE near time for closure!!! We have to see how Gabe reacts to the pregnancy, and to the father! We have to see Chloe’s reaction upon finding out that LIONEL was the one responsible for their kidnapping and abduction (not to mention how Lex actually THANKED the man for his twisted form of matchmaking). Not to mention more of Lois getting enthusiastically into her role as the ‘favourite aunt and godmother’… you KNOW she’s going to demand to be the godmother, LOL!

And let’s not forget Chloe and Lex growing closer together (SLOWLY) during the course of the pregnancy. I want to see how the Chlex develops!

*sigh* it’s completely your choice, Kimbo. If you want to shut this fic down at this point, then it’s your decision. But I wish I knew why you were choosing to shut at down at this slightly abrupt point.

Great chapter, and I look forward to the next one.

Kit Merlot
27th April 2008, 18:28
An excellent update kimbo!

I like that Chloe is not only embracing being pregnant: her reaction to the ultrasound of her baby brought tears to my eyes. but she is also starting to accept Lex has part of her life as well and that is great news for her, Lex and their baby.

I love how supportive Lois is being, and I know that Clark thinks he's helping as well, but Chloe really needs to let her dad know what is going on in her life. And I do wonder what Lionel will think about Chloe's pregnancy--will he give away the secret that he's the one that had them abducted?

I guess we will find out in the epilogue:D Continued excellent work on this fic.

kimbo
28th April 2008, 16:13
this will be a two part epilogue. It will be a glimpse into the growing relationship of lex/chloe..among other things. Well enjoy!

Chapter 16 (Epilogue Part I)

28 weeks ( 3 and a half months later).

“Don’t turn that light on!”

Lex paused at the screech in Chloe’s voice and he frowned. “Chloe?” He said softly. He squinted, catching her silhouette in the dark. “I can’t see you.”

“Duh.” She moved until she was standing in front of him.

Lex, now used to her strange behavior as of late was patient and calm. “The reason I can’t turn on the light when we’re about to have sex is?”

She was quiet for a long moment before letting out an exasperated sigh. “Have you seen me lately?” she asked. “I’m huge!”

Lex frowned up at her before reaching over to switch the light on.

“No-” She trailed off and blinked against he sudden brightness.

Lex has seen her lately. He’s seeing her right now actually, clad only in his shirt which was buttoned halfway. Her hair flowing past her shoulders, her belly, which was growing and expanding each day, peeked out at him. He smiled. “You look fine.” He glanced up at her, and his smile faded at the glare on her face.

“Were you even at the last doctor visit?” She asked icily. “I’ve gained five more pounds. A total of nine pounds since the last visit.”

He worked hard to keep the amused smile off of his face. “Yes.” he said. “Doctor Garner said that it was quite normal with the baby growing. He’s two pounds now remember?”

“He?” She asked.

He shrugged. “Or she.” He placed a hand on her hip. “Chloe-”

“Don’t do that.” She cut in angrily. “Don’t condescend me.”

Not wanting this to turn into an argument, he shook his head. “I’m not.” He said. He squeezed her waist. “Chloe, you look beautiful.” He pulled her towards him so that she was standing between his legs. “You have no idea how much you affect me.” He could feel her loosening up, could see the small smile starting to appear on her face.

“I hate this.” She muttered.

He pulled her so that she was sitting on his lap. “Mood swings?” He asked and she nodded.

“I’m like Sybil.” She muttered. “I miss arguing with you.” She gave him an accusing look. “You’ve gone soft on me.”

He gave her an amused look. “We argue all of the time.”

“Yeah, but you hardly even try anymore, and I’m almost always crying at the end of it.”

He grimaced. That was the truth, and it was happening a lot more lately. Which was one of the reasons why he usually backed down from a heated discussion. “Well we’ll be back to one hundred percent in a few months time.”

She sighed as his hand gently rubbed her belly. “Being seven month pregnant sucks.” She glanced down as he started unbuttoning her shirt. “What are you doing?”

“Starting where we left off.” He slid the last disc through its hole and slowly parted the shirt. He swallowed thickly at the first sight of her heavy sensitive breast. His eyes slid between her les, she wasn’t wearing any underwear. “Chloe.”

She looked down at the familiar husky tone of his voice and smiled. “Weren’t you saying something about me affecting you?”

He gently cupped her breast smiling at her intake of breath as his thumb gently caressed her nipple. His hand slid down her stomach and between her legs, unsurprised at the amount of wetness he felt there. “Seems like I’m not the only one affected.”

Chloe laughed breathlessly. She gently nipped his ear. “Fuck me.”

Lex was only too happy to comply. He quickly stood her up and helped her slide the shirt off before divesting himself of his own clothing. He stood back for a moment, taking her in again.

She stood there, her face flushed a small smile on her face. “What?”

He’d never get tired of seeing her like this. He reached for her and grasped her hand in his. “Nothing.”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss, moving as his tongue slid against her own. Their tongues danced against each other and her hands slid down his chest and back up again.

Keeping their kiss intact, he maneuvered them both onto the bed, sitting down and grasping her waist so she could straddle him.

Chloe pulled away from their kiss. She trailed her lips down his neck and across his shoulder. She moved to the other side, paying special attention to the spot behind his ear. She smiled at his groan of approval. She could feel him hard and ready pressing up against her cunt. She lifted herself up, poised above his cock. Slowly, she sank down onto him catching his moan with her mouth.

She pushed him back against the pillows and smiled down at him.

“I’m not too heavy am I?”

Lex, who’s eyes were nearly black with lust shook his head. “No.” He slid his hands up her thighs, up her side, and toward her breast. He watched her through lowered lids, patiently letting her hands roam where they wanted. He hissed in pleasure as her finger nails trailed down his chest. “Ride me.”

Chloe did as requested, lifting her hips, she slowly settled down. She watched his expression and bit her lip as she met his gaze levelly. She lifted her hips again and moaned. She rolled her hips and they both groaned.

“Oh fuck.” She breathed. She moved against him harder as she felt the familiar tingling begin in her stomach. She leaned forward moving faster as he lifted his hips on every down stroke. She could feel her thighs began to ache, too tired from being in this position for this amount of time. She squeezed his shoulders as she moved harder against him, her breath coming out in harsh pants. She tingling feeling grew stronger. She knew she wouldn’t last long. She bit her lip. “Lex.” She whimpered.

He lifted his hips harder against her. His hand moved toward her cunt and his thumb fingered her clit. He grinned as she gave a sharp cry and shuddered against him. He groaned as he felt the gush of warmth on his cock making him even slicker. He caught her as she slumped forward and held her as she shuddered against him.

“I feel so fat right now.” She muttered into his neck. She so did. Her thighs were hurting. Her breast were jiggling all over the place and she knew she had the double chin action going on.

His hands slid up and down her back. “You’re beautiful Chloe.”

She usually told him he only said that because he had to, but she couldn’t this time. He sounded way too sincere and the fact that he was still hard and throbbing inside of her had to be a testament to the fact that he found her hot. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He said his voice strained. He gently moved her off of him and onto her side.

“What are you-oh.” She trailed off as his hand wrapped itself around her front and his knee slid between her legs. She leaned back against him as she felt the head of his cock at her opening. She placed her hand on top of his, quivering around him as he quickly thrust inside. Her cunt was felt so sensitive that she already felt the beginnings of another climax. “Faster.” she panted.

Lex was only too happy to oblige. He quickened his pace as she tightened around him, groaning as he felt another warmth of wetness seep from her. She was so hot and tight around him, that he couldn’t bare to hold off his climax any longer. He shuddered against her, spilling his warmth inside of her.

Chloe turned her head so she could kiss him. She rested her hand against his cheek as she opened her mouth to his. She wouldn’t admit it out loud, but she liked this part. With Lex softening inside of her, pliant and relaxed against her.

Suddenly he pulled away with a small gasp of surprise. “What?” She asked as his turned wide eyes toward her stomach.

“She’s moving.” He said.

“She?” She asked and he shrugged.

“Or He.” His hand followed the movement. “Wow. Is that an elbow?”

She nodded. “Uh huh.” She said softly. She glanced down at her stomach. “I’ll never get used to it. Feels like alien.” She slowly turned to see Lex watching her with a look that made her utterly uncomfortable. “What?” She asked.

He blinked and shook his head. “Nothing.” he replied. He leaned over and kissed her once before settling back against the pillows. “Are you staying the night?”

She nodded. “I’ll have to get up extra early so that I can shower and change for class.”

“Hmm.” He said tightening his arm around her. “You could always move in with me.” he suggested lightly. “Of course completely of your own volition.”

“Are you trying to get kicked out of the bed?” she asked softly.

He laughed. “No, and in case you’ve forgotten this is my bed Chloe.”

“Ha ha.” She said and reached out to smack his chest, but he caught her hand.

“Chloe.” He said seriously. “I think you should know that I’ve decided to move to Metropolis.”

“Oh?” she said. She glanced down at the hand that held her own. “When?”

“In the next two weeks.” He answered. He watched her carefully. “I figured it’d be easier for me since I’m there a lot more lately for work. Plus the plant here is doing so well that it doesn’t need me here anymore.”

She nodded. “Okay.” She said. She went to turn on her side, but he stopped her.

“I wanted to give you something.” He climbed off of the bed and reached for his pants. He pulled two keys from his pocket and climbed in next to her. “Here.”

Chloe stared down at the key in her hand with a blank expression. “A key.”

He nodded “The key to my place. Its yours. I want you to have it.”

This was serious. Chloe thought. She knew it had to be on the relationship scale. She was stunned at how unafraid she was by the gesture. “Lex-” She trailed off and to her own horror she felt the familiar urge to cry.

“Chloe?” Lex said slowly. “Are you crying?”

“No!” She said quickly. She swallowed and wiped at her eyes. “Thank you for the key.”

He gave her a relieved smile. “You’re welcome.” He settled back down against her and wrapped an arm around her waist.

She reached over and placed her key onto the night stand, smiling to herself at how good that sounded before frowning at herself at how happy she felt about it.

Telling Daddy

Chloe paced nervously in front of her father. She should’ve taken up Lois’s offer to stay with her for support. Hell she should’ve taken up Lex’s offer to be there with her when she told him, but she somehow knew that wouldn’t be such a good idea. She had dressed in her baggiest sweater and a simple pair of jeans. She didn’t want her father to see her stomach before she told him from her own mouth.

“Chloe sweetie?” Gabe said hesitantly. “Do you think you can start telling me what it is you want to tell me? I’m kind of hungry.”

She paused in her pacing. “Okay.” she said. “Okay.” She nodded and opened her mouth to speak. “Okay.”

Gabe nodded. “Okay?”

“I just don’t want you to be angry with me, but I know you’ll be angry at me so here goes: I’m pregnant.”

Gabe raised an eyebrow at her. “I know.”

“I wanted to tell you!” She said in a rush. “But I didn’t know how to and now I’m- wait what?”

Gabe didn’t bother to hide the amusement he felt. “Chloe, I know you’re pregnant.”

She gaped at him. “But how? I mean who told you? Was it mom? No she wouldn’t do that. Was it Lois? God if it was Lois I’m going to kill her.”

“Chloe.” Gabe cut in, his mirth rising with each passing second. “Lex told me.”

Chloe sat next to him. “Lex!” She screeched. She stared at him with wide eyes. “When?”

Gabe thought for a moment. “About four months back.” He said softly. “He called me and asked if we could meet.”

Chloe slowly shook her head. A frown on her face. “I can’t believe him.” She muttered. “I’m going to kill him.”

“No.” Gabe said placing a hand over her own. “You’re not.”

Chloe frowned at her father. “What do you mean I’m not?” she huffed. “He had no right to come to you. My father and tell him-”

“That you’re having his child?” Gabe cut in softly.

Chloe gave him a pained look. “Dad-”

“He came to me Chloe. He came to me man to man and told me everything.”

Chloe swallowed. “Everything?”

He nodded. “Everything.” He sighed. “Chloe, why didn’t you tell me?”

She swallowed hard. “I wanted to dad. But I didn’t want you disappointed in me, and everything was happening so fast. Days turned into weeks then weeks turned into months and I-” She trailed off as she felt tears in her eyes.

“Disappointed? Sweet heart I’m more disappointed that you didn’t think to tell me as soon as you found out.”

Tears fell down her cheeks. “I’m sorry.” She pleaded.

“Come here.” Gabe murmured pulling her into his arms. He squeezed her tightly in his arms as his hands rubbed up and down her back in comfort. “It took everything in me not to come and talk to you when I first found out. But, you weren’t ready. I’ll admit I was upset. Really upset. But I’m accepting now. Even though I think you’re just too young.”

Chloe pulled out of his embrace. “I know this isn’t the life you wanted for me.”

Gabe smiled softly. “I only want you happy Chloe.” He tilted his head. “Are you happy?”

She thought for a long moment. “I think I am. I’m not sad. Not anymore anyway.” she shook her head again. “I can’t believe he told you.”

“I can’t say I’m ecstatic about the person you’re choosing to be with Chloe. But, I know he cares for you sweetheart. A lot.”

She felt herself blushing. “Dad-” She said.

“I’m just saying.” He said.

“You probably have a lot of questions.” She said. “I mean, about the baby.”

Gabe shook his head. “I’m all updated. Lex sends me an e-mail after every doctor’s visit.”

She gaped at him. “What?” She shook her head. “Here I thought I was keeping you out of the loop and I’m the one out of your loop.”

Gabe smiled and nodded. “That’s pretty much the way of it.” His smile faded as he eyed her seriously. “Chloe. Next time lets not keep any secrets okay?”

She nodded. “Okay.”

“Good.” He said before he pulled her into a hug. “Now when is the wedding?”

“Dad!” Chloe said.

He chuckled and patted her back. “Just kidding. Kind of. Now lets eat!

Being Evicted

“That was the best Chinese food I’ve ever tasted.” Chloe breathed as she lay back against the pillows. She glanced over at her cousin who was watching her with an amused expression. “What?”

“You say that about everything. Its funny.” Lois held up a bag. “I’ve bought the little pumpkin some stuff.”

Chloe smiled in amusement. “More stuff?” She asked and Lois nodded.

She sat on the bed and handed her cousin the bag. “Here.” She murmured.

Chloe opened the bag and smiled as she pulled out two onesies, one with lambs and the other with cows. “Aw.”

Lois shrugged. “I couldn’t decide between the two so I chose them both. Aren’t they the cutest?”

Chloe, always amused by her cousin’s enthusiasm about the baby only nodded. She reached into the bag again and pulled out a black nightie. “What is-”

Lois grinned. “Did you know they have lingerie for pregnant women? Isn’t that twisted? Anyway you can wear that for Lex.”

Chloe rolled her eyes at that. “I’m still not talking to him.”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Okay. So maybe he stepped over the line in telling Gabe, but maybe he didn’t.”

Chloe glared at her. “You’re suppose to be on my side.”

“I am.” Lois said. “But Geez Chloe. You waited until you were seven months pregnant to break the news to your dad!”

Chloe winced. “Well when you put it like that it sounds so bad.”

“What was Lex reasoning for telling Gabe?”

She sighed. “He said he thought he should know sooner. He said he wanted to give Dad some time to get used to it before I spoke to him myself, which is dumb. Like he knew when I was going to tell my father.”

Lois smiled. “But he did know you know.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “You’re taking his side.”

“Oh shut up.”

Chloe was silent for a minute. “He did know didn’t he?”

Lois nodded. “Pretty much.”

Chloe looked at her. “He’s moving to Metropolis next week you know.”

“Oh?” Lois asked.

Chloe nodded. “He gave me the key to his place. It made me a little emotional.”

Lois snickered. “Everything makes you emotional.” She tilted her head. “So when are you moving in with him?”

Chloe looked at her cousin startled. “Huh?”

“Lex. You know your boyfriend. I’m wondering when you’ll be moving in with him. You told me he keeps asking you.”

“Lois!” Chloe uttered. “I don’t- we’re taking things slow.”

Lois gave her cousin a pointed look. “Slow? I don’t think whether you’ve noticed or not, but your relationship has been moving fast. Like speedy Gonzalez fast.”

“It has not.” Chloe said.

“Oh yes it has.” Lois argued. “Chloe. You spend the night at his place five days out of week. Sometimes more.”

“That doesn’t mean I want to move in with him.” Chloe said.

Lois raised an eyebrow. “You have your own closet space? Drawer space? Shampoo in his shower?”

Chloe’s frown deepened. “Yes. But that doesn’t-”

“You two have grown closer.” Lois cut in softly. “You’re happy Chloe. The happiest I’ve seen you in a very long time.”

Chloe opened her mouth in protest but closed it in thought. She was happy. She could admit that now. She also did spend a lot of time with Lex, but that was normal wasn’t it? “Oh crap.”

Lois gave her a knowing look. “Told you.”

Chloe sighed resignedly. “You’re kicking me out aren’t you?”

Lois nodded. “Pretty much.”

TBC Part II up soon.

Sunflower
28th April 2008, 17:47
Two updates, wow! What a treat!
I love how Chloe decided that she wanted to be with Lex! Their reunion was cute and sweet! :wub:
But I'm still a bit confused about her feelings for the baby. I know she is happy but has she come to love the baby?

karila
28th April 2008, 19:46
Excellent update.
It's great to see an happy Chloe.
The beginning with Chloe who didn't want to be seen in the light was fun. And Lex is really sweet with her.
Gabe as often is a good father.
And Lois is great.

Kit Merlot
28th April 2008, 20:01
Awesome work kimbo!

I like the snapshots that we are getting, these scenes in Chloe and Lex's life. I like that Lex told Gabe about Chloe's pregnancy first because that showed Gabe that Lex was serious about doing right by Chloe and their baby.

The smutty Chlex moments are always great and I love how sweet Lex is being towards his pregnant girlfriend. And it does seem as though Chloe's finally and totally accepted this vast change in her life.

Lois is going to be a great aunt, but I think I really appreciate just how supportive she's been to Chloe through her whole pregnancy.

But can I be cruel for just a second? There is a part of me that is dying to know what Lana thinks of all of this. Has she been crying to Clark about how unfair this all is?

And lastly, I hope we learn Lionel's thoughts about Chloe and Lex's relationship and pregnancy--I bet he's gloating;)

Continued excellent work on this fic.

westwingwolf
28th April 2008, 20:53
Yay for smut and for Lex still wanting Chloe. I can't believe she waited until she was seven months along to tell her dad, good for Lex for telling him first. And I love that Lois made her see the light and kicked her out. I too am wondering what everyone else is thinking about this. Is Clark still certain that Lex is up to something?

Starangel148
28th April 2008, 21:00
Great update! Haha, Lois (kinda) kicked Chloe out. Bring on the next chapter soon.

lj715
28th April 2008, 21:45
Excellent update. Chloe can be so frustrating sometimes. Can;t wait for the last part.

hfce
28th April 2008, 23:56
That was a sweet update. I am glad Chlex is together and loving it. I can't help but wonder if Lex will ever figure out it was his dad that put them together. :D

somethingeasy
29th April 2008, 00:25
I enjoyed reading this latest chapter, although it was a little disconcerting speeding right through to Chloe’s seventh month. LOL! It was actually funny, because the last chapter ended with Chloe using the words ‘super slow’ to describe how she wanted this relationship to develop… and now we see that Lex somehow managed to convince her that THIS is slow, ROTFL!

I was amused and bemused as Lois. LOL! It’s good to see that she’s not upset about her cousin hooking up with Lex, but she DID make a point of telling Chloe that this is not anyone’s idea of ‘slow developments’, LOL!

Not that I’m complaining… because we got beautiful, sweet, tender and HOT smut in this chapter. Awesome! LOL! I loved seeing how Lex kept reassuring Chloe about how he finds her irresistibly desirable even if she insists on calling herself ‘fat’. In fact, he was convincingly sincere enough to break through her insecurities and make her believe that he didn’t mind the extra few pounds.

“Yeah, but you hardly even try anymore, and I’m almost always crying at the end of it.”

He grimaced. That was the truth, and it was happening a lot more lately. Which was one of the reasons why he usually backed down from a heated discussion. “Well we’ll be back to one hundred percent in a few months time.”

ROTFLMAO! It was also fun seeing how he was basically walking on egg-shells the whole time around her. He was bending over backwards accommodating her, even when he desperately wanted to scream at her for some reason or another, he would immediately roll over and surrender because his pride and love for victory couldn’t stand up against his extreme dislike of seeing Chloe crying.

LOL! I also enjoyed how Chloe was so wryly self-depreciative while referring to her tendency to burst into tears during arguments. LOL! I can imagine that she doesn’t like ‘cheating’ like that to make Lex roll over and surrender… even if it IS fun and effective, LOL!

The smut was beautiful and super-hot! I loved reading through it! I loved seeing how it was slow, worshipful, loving and gentle… LOL! not to mention how they managed to negotiate around the seven-month pregnancy hump that Chloe was sporting.

The chapter had started out with a picture of Lex and Chloe sharing a lovely moment together. I honestly thought we were seeing them at the end of a long, slow build-up where they have finally reached the stage of a stable relationship… so it was a HUGE surprise for me when Chloe displayed such aversion to Lex’s suggestion of them moving in together.

They’re not together? Does Chloe even think of them as a ‘couple’ that’s going to last after the birth? OR after the baby leaves home to go to college? How long did it take for them to tumble into bed together? Why is Chloe hesitating about taking this ‘thing’ between them to the next level?

It was wonderful to see that Lex was being to sweet and patient. And I almost cried at the hopeful, nervous note in his voice as he offered Chloe the keys to his Metropolis apartment. He was hoping that she could accept, but still so scared of rejection from her. Poor guy! I wonder why is Chloe keeping him on a string at a distance like this? What is she afraid of?

I was delighted to see Gabe make an appearance… although I was aghast at the thought that Chloe was actually NOT telling him about her pregnancy until the seventh friggen month!!! Oh my GOD, Chloe!!! I can’t imagine how much Gabe’s feelings must have been hurt about that.

Heh, at least it’s a small blessing that Lex decided to risk Chloe’s wrath, go behind her back and tell Gabe. It’s GOOD to see Lex being brave, noble (and even slightly self-sacrificing) enough to take the risk about upsetting the woman he loves, because he feels he’s doing ‘the right thing’. AND he got himself into Gabe’s good books, LOL!

I liked how Gabe basically told Chloe that he wasn’t disappointed in her for being pregnant, but that he WAS upset she had chosen to keep quiet about it for SO long.

All in all, he was actually very tolerant and gentle with her. I guess any urge to scold and yell had worn off a couple of months ago? LOL! and quite honestly, WHO would get satisfaction from yelling at a seven month pregnant girl? Especially one who cries at the drop of a hat, LOL!

I LOVED the conversation with Lois. She always manages to put things into perspective, and I suspect she’s the ONLY person who can make Chloe see reason without fearing her wrath, LOL!

I loved Lois basically laying out all the facts of the Chlex relationship with Chloe, and basically telling her that ‘you’re in a relationship with Lex, now act like it!’ It WAS very good advice, and I think Chloe needed someone to just list out all the objective facts to her in this bare, open, honest style. LOL! yayyy, Lois… kicking out her pregnant cousin from their shared apartment, ROTFL!

This was a fun chapter, and I look forward to seeing the rest of it. Good luck.

Esther25jm
29th April 2008, 01:02
First of all, I love this story and don't wanna see it end already. *cries* I'm always looking forward to new updates, and I'm truly gonna miss reading new chapters of the great fic.

Second, just wanted to share my fave parts of this epilogue.

“Wow. Is that an elbow?”

She nodded. “Uh huh.” She said softly. She glanced down at her stomach. “I’ll never get used to it. Feels like alien.”

Hehehe!! This made me giggle like crazy cause I kept picturing what Lex's face would look like while Chloe said it. Well, that and how true it is to what it looks like in the Alien movies.

“He came to me Chloe. He came to me man to man and told me everything.”

Ya know what I loved most about this? The fact that you wrote Lex going to Gabe--even behind Chloe's back--into character. Very believable that he'd go to him and tell him everything. I just love that.

“Slow? I don’t think whether you’ve noticed or not, but your relationship has been moving fast. Like speedy Gonzalez fast.”

BWAH!!! Too freaking funny. I just loved that line.

You've done a great job, and I'm gonna miss this story so much.

zho9
29th April 2008, 01:33
This update made me giggle a little bit... I just found it so cute that Chloe kept trying to live in denial and just couldn't quite get there. And yay for Lois!

dagney
29th April 2008, 19:40
This story has been so very wonderful. Thanks for your continuing this story. dagney

lilinny
4th May 2008, 18:57
Good for Lois for kicking Chloe out. Very funny chapter. I can't wait for what's next.

whodunit??
4th May 2008, 22:42
That was a sweet update. I am glad Chlex is together and loving it. I can't help but wonder if Lex will ever figure out it was his dad that put them together. :D

Before I post my review I just wanna clarify this, didn't Lex find out a long time ago that Lionel had orchestrated the whole thing? Wasn't that the point to the part of the chapter when Lex went to see Lionel in Metropolis and quoted that Greek mythology story about the Gods and Zeus or whoever?

Anyways, great update. I loved the scene between Lex and Chloe, it was simply beautiful. He loves her so much to the point that he lets her win arguments and he reassures her of her beauty, and it's just so romantic to the point of being too perfect.

And the scene with Gabe, let me tell you. Had I been Gabe, I can't say for sure that I would have been nearly quite so understanding. 7 months! Is she crazy?? I can understand waiting until maybe the 4th month, but 7, that's just cruel. I can't even imagine the thoughts that must have been going through Gabe's head every time he spoke to Chloe on the phone, each time after he found out, and she never said anything.

I love your Lois. Every time Chloe is going through a mini-crisis, she is always there to put her back into perspective. What would Chloe do without her?

I'm so sad to see this fic end, it was probably the most original reaction I've ever seen of Chloe finding out she's unexpectantly pregnant. But I still want to see how this is going to end. Hopfully it'll end with Chloe moving in and having a baby girl, hehe.

Looking foward to the next and sadly last update!

Heather

hfce
13th May 2008, 05:20
Thanks Heather for the clarification. :p Are we ever going to get part 2 up? :grin3:

SinnerSaint
16th May 2008, 06:13
I read this whole thing tonight and I can't wait for the last part. It was very well written and Chloe's mood swings are very realistic.

merdeliquesce
28th May 2008, 02:52
OMG. I LOVE this story. I can't wait for Epilogue part II!!!
I'm SO happy that Chlex is all happy again. Yay!

...I really love this story - and I LOVE matchmaker Lionel!

hfce
28th May 2008, 06:59
Part 2 please.... :beg:

superag
28th May 2008, 14:23
Ok, first, the new nonky must finish her fic. Second, I love this piece and all it's facets. Just finish it - don't leave it like this - we must have more more more!

Kit Merlot
31st May 2008, 02:40
Ok, first, the new nonky must finish her fic. Second, I love this piece and all it's facets. Just finish it - don't leave it like this - we must have more more more!

Yes, I agree! It has been more then a month since this gorgeous fic has been updated. Please come back and update--PLEASE!!:D

hfce
2nd June 2008, 20:04
UPDATE!!!!!! Please.... :beg:

eternitychlex
3rd June 2008, 05:58
I agree......please update!!!! this story is awesome!!!!

kimbo
10th June 2008, 07:16
Prepare for fluff!!!
Well this is the end *Cries* I loved working on this story. Just want to thank everyone for leaving feedback on this, and I’m glad you all enjoyed this story! Well…here goes….

Epilogue Part 2

8 months big

“Thanks for letting me stay the night.” Lois said as she slipped off of her shoes.

Chloe just smiled as she stood in the doorway her arms crossed over her chest.

Lois paused. “What?”

Chloe shook her head. “Its nothing.” she said softly. She sighed when Lois raised an eyebrow. “Its just nice to see you, running around Metropolis chasing stories.”

Lois snorted. “Yeah? The freaky intrigue of the inquisitor. You gotta love it.”

Chloe shrugged. “I don’t know. I mean I’ll be taking a leave from the planet in a few weeks, and I haven’t been in the field for forever. Its just nice to see the action-” She trailed off when Lois really looked at her.

“Chloe?” She asked when she noticed Chloe’s smile start to waiver.

Chloe shook her head. “Nothing. Its- I’m just wondering if this is-As the time grows closer and closer and I get bigger and bigger I can’t help but think that this isn’t the life I had planned for myself.”

Lois carefully schooled her features as she stood up, being sure to keep the sympathy she felt from showing. “Chloe,” she said softly. “No one’s life turns out the way they-” She trailed off sure that was something Chloe didn’t want to hear. “You don’t have to worry about any of that Chloe. Your life is not on hold. Just a little different.”

Chloe rubbed her protruding belly with a wry smile. “Pretty big difference.” She shrugged at Chloe’s sad expression. “I’m just getting in one of my moods again.”

“Well,” Lois said softly. She put her arm around her cousin’s shoulders. “Lets fix that shall we. What do you say we vege out in front of your very large flat screen hmm?”

Chloe shook her head with a small smile. “I knew you only wanted to stay for the flat screen.”

Late night Cravings

Chloe was sleeping one minute and up the next when she felt it. That overwhelming hunger and craving for something sweet. She glanced over at Lex who was sleeping peacefully.

She poked him on the shoulder. “Lex?”

He didn’t move.

She sighed and poked him again. “Lex, wake up.”

He mumbled something, but didn’t wake up.

“Lex.” she said, now shaking him. “Lex! Wake up. Its an emergency.”

Lex bolted upright, still half asleep. “I’m up.” He muttered. He glanced over at Chloe.

“What is it?” He asked. “Is it the baby?”

Chloe shook her head. “No. Its nothing like that. Its just, well I’m hungry.”

Lex stared at her for a long moment. “Huh?”

She smiled innocently at him. “Food. Hungry. Right now.”

“Chloe.” He sighed slumping back onto the pillows. “I’m exhausted.”

“And I’m-We’re hungry.” she corrected rubbing her belly. “You wouldn’t want us to starve would you?”

Lex was already climbing out of bed, a tight smile on his face. “No.” He said. “Of course not. What kind of food do you want?” he asked.

Chloe’s smile faded. “What kind?” She asked her eyes narrowing in annoyance.

“Right.” He said. “Chocolate chocolate chip.”

Chloe licked her lips. “Yup.”

He slid into his robe while reaching for the doorknob when she called out.

“And some Oreos. Five of them.”

“Right.” He said opening the door.

“And two chocolate chip cookies.”

He stepped into the hall. “Okay.”

“And a glass of milk!” She shouted as he made his way down the hall. “And will it kill you to put a little strawberry syrup in it!”

As Lex stood in front of the kitchen counter, scooping large portions of double chocolate chip ice cream into a bowl, he was sure one day he and Chloe were going to look back on this and laugh.

Either that or he was going to kill himself before the baby was born. He smiled to himself as he shook his head. It didn’t matter that he had to get up in three hours for an important board member’s meeting. It didn’t matter that he felt as though his head was going to explode from lack of sleep.

He couldn’t complain, because as the days to Chloe’s deliver grew steadily closer, he could tell how uncomfortable she was becoming and he knew it was only going to get worse.

He glanced up as Lois wandered in, stretching and sleepy eyed. “She’s hungry again?” She asked surprised.

Lex shrugged. “She is eating for two.”

Lois snorted. “More like fifty.” She reached into the fridge and pulled out the milk. “She wants strawberry or chocolate syrup?”

Lex handed her a glass. “Strawberry.”

Lois helped Lex carry the glass of milk while he carried the plate of cookies and ice cream toward their room.

They both paused in the doorway, watching Chloe sleep, her arms wrapped tightly around his pillow.

Lois smiled at him and snatched the bowl of ice cream out of his hand. “I’ll take these.” She said sipping at the glass of milk. “Night.”

Yes, Lex thought as he walked towards his future and slid into bed. He smiled as Chloe snuggled sleepily up to him. It was all worth it.

God Father

“Mom knitted another yellow blanket for the baby.” Clark commented and Chloe smiled as she took the bag he handed her.

“I’ll just add them to the rest of the growing piles. How does she have time for these?” She said, taking a sip of her juice. Every time she came to visit the Kent home, there always a blanket waiting for her. But, it reminded her each time just how close she was to being a mother. She was scared to death.

“Do you want ice-cream with your pie Chlo?”

Chloe looked up to see Clark watching her, a scoop of ice cream in his hand. “You’re asking a pregnant woman if she wants ice cream with her pie?”

“Right.” Clark said with a small chuckle before pushing the plate over to her. He watched as she tucked into her food. “So, I’ve registered for school for next fall.” he announced.

Chloe grinned. “Really? that’s great Clark. I was wondering when you were gonna quit being so lazy and get your life together.” She giggled at the glare he shot her.

“Ha Ha.” He said settling down next to her with the rest of the pie. He smiled as he watched her. She was glowing. She was beautiful. Really beautiful, and Clark felt like an ass for just realizing it now. Of course he always thought Chloe was pretty, but he’d never really thought about it that way because she was Chloe. He sighed to himself as he wondered what life would be like if he’d noticed her instead of Lana. What life would be like if he’d gotten his head out of his ass and just noticed.

“What?” Chloe asked softly. She wiped at her mouth. “I don’t have pie on my face do I?”

Clark blinked and shook his head. “No,” He said softly. “So, you’re finally all moved in with Lex?”

“Mmhmm.” She said, surprised that Clark had mentioned it. He barely ever mentioned Lex when they hung out.

“How is it?” He asked

“Its coming along.” She said with a slight smile.

Clark smirked. “From what I hear from Lois, you have him wrapped around your little finger.”

Chloe shook her head. “I do not.” She murmured.

Clark couldn‘t take anymore. “You’re making a huge mistake Chloe!”

Chloe paused, the fork full of pie halfway towards her mouth. She sighed and placed the fork back onto the plate. She knew this was coming. “Clark-”

“Look Chloe, you don’t have to do this now. I mean just because you’re pregnant and-” He trailed off as she raised her hand and an eyebrow.

“You know Clark, if I didn’t know it would break my hand, I’d punch you in the nose.”

“I-” Clark’s mouth closed.

“The nerve of you to think that I would be with a man simply because I got knocked up by mistake.”

“But-”

“If I didn’t feel the way I did about Lex then I wouldn’t be with him. I’m completely capable of taking care of myself and my child alone.”

Clark looked chastened, but he continued to stand on his soapbox. “Lex is dangerous Chloe. He uses people. He’s using you.”

She gave him an annoyed look.

Clark shook his head, angry that she wouldn’t understand. “He’s using you to get to me.”

“Wow,” Chloe said. “That was an incredibly selfish statement. You do realize that not everything is about you Clark Kent?”

Clark reached for her hand as his eyes became pleading. “Chloe please, you don’t understand.”

She shook her head and glared at him. “I understand Clark. I understand what type of man Lex can be. I also understand what type of man he is. I won’t defend him because I don’t have to. I know who he is and you haven’t for quite some time now.”

He gave her a hurt look, and she sighed.

“Clark, I know you’re upset but this is the way things are and you can’t change it.”

The desperate look Clark wore disappeared and his shoulders slumped. “He’s taking you away,” He whispered sadly. “I’m losing you Chloe.”

‘Oh.’ Chloe thought. So that what’s this is about.? “Clark-” she started slowly.

“Chloe-” He said but she cut him off.

She grabbed his hands so that he was looking at her. “Clark, you’re my best friend. You’ve been my best friend since I was fourteen years old. That will never change. You know me more than anyone else just like I know you. Clark, I don’t want to lose that. I will never let Lex come between our friendship.” She already felt the tears sliding down her cheeks and she cursed her stupid pregnant lady hormones.

Clark looked horrified at the fact that he made her cry. “Chloe-” He started, trailing off when she shook her head again.

“I’m fine.” She sniffed. “Its just my stupid hormones are out of whack.”

Clark smiled at that.

She wiped her tears and smiled sadly at him. “Clark, you have to promise me you won’t let your anger at Lex come between us. I can‘t be put in a situation where I have to choose between the two of you.”

He nodded, understanding what she was saying. It knew it wasn‘t fair to do that. “I promise. I’m sorry Chloe.”

She rubbed his back as he gently squeezed her. “You can’t get out of my life that easily. You’re the most normal thing in my life right now, and that’s saying a lot.”

He laughed despite himself. “Oh Chlo-”

“And who else am I going to pick to be the baby’s god father? Certainly not Lois, although she’s been hinting at it for the past few months and its starting to scare me.”

Clark pulled away from her his face surprised. “You mean-”

She rolled her eyes. “Duh dummy.” She smiled at the goofy grin he sent her.

“You’re beautiful pregnant Chloe.” he stated and she rolled her eyes.

“I’m swollen,” she said looking down at herself. “Everywhere.”

“You’re glowing.” He said matter-of-factly. He stared down at her with a dazed expression.

She narrowed her eyes up at him. “Are you X-raying me?” She asked suspiciously.

He shrugged slightly “I can‘t wait to meet-.”

“I don’t want to know.” She cut in with a grin. They both finished off their pie in silence.

“If he hurts you-” Clark started but she cut him off.

“I’ll let you literally tear him limb from limb.” She said, cheerfully pushing her empty plate towards him. “Now get me another piece of pie please.”

Stepping Out

Lex glanced at his watch for the fifth time and sighed heavily. She’d been in there for twenty minutes and they were already a half hour late. Taking one last sip of the drink he held, he placed the glass down and slowly walked toward the closed door.

“Chloe?” He called as he gently knocked. He knew she hated when he bothered her when she was in the bathroom. It had become some sort of haven for her as of late. “Chloe. We’re going to be more than necessary.” His ears perked up as he heard something drop onto the floor.

She was silent for a long moment before. “I’m not going.” She said softly. “Go without me.”

His eyes narrowed. “Chloe. We’ve been talking about this for days. This is an important banquet and I’d like you by my side.” He waited for her usual outburst of anger, but was surprised when none came. “Chloe?”

He jiggled the door know, surprised to see it was unlocked. He slowly opened the door, alarm bells going off in his mind as he stared at Chloe. She was sitting on a stool, the black dress she was wearing halfway zippered. The brush she had been obviously brushing her hair with dangling from her fingers.

He stepped into the bathroom. “Chloe?”

“I told you I don’t want to go.”

He moved deeper into the bathroom, stopping until he stood in front of her. He reached out and titled her face up by her chin. Her cheeks were red and splotchy. Her eyes were red and puffy. He knew she had been crying. “What’s wrong?”

As soon as she said that, tears welled into her eyes and she began to sob.

Lex, now even more alarmed, placed his hands onto her shoulders. “What happened?”

She shook her head. “Nothing. Its just- I can’t zip up my dress! It fit perfectly a week ago and now I can’t zip it up. Then my arms started getting tired, and my feet started hurting.” She placed her hands onto her face. “I don’t want anyone to see me. I’m huge and-” She trailed off when he started chuckling. For a moment she could only stare in shock because one, she’d rarely ever saw such a--delighted look on Lex’s face before. Her shock was however short lived when she realized he was laughing at her.

“Its not funny.” She muttered sulkily.

“Oh it is.” Lex said as he calmed. He smiled at her and calmly reached for the side of her dress. He knew he was taking a big risk at laughing, but he couldn’t help it. He carefully fixed the snag on her zipper and slowly pulled it up. “There.” He said softly. “It was only caught on the fabric Chloe.”

Chloe sighed and rested her head against his chest. “How do you put up with me?”

Lex wrapped his arms around her and pulled her as close as he can. He smiled as he felt her stomach push up against his own. “I have no clue.”

She was quiet for a long moment, enjoying the feel of his hands rubbing her back. “I’ll go.” she finally muttered.

He smiled. “You sure?”

She nodded against his chest. “But do we have to stay long?”

“Two hours.” He said softly. “Maybe less if we’re lucky.”

“Okay.” She muttered against his chest. “But can I get a quick foot rub before we go?”

Yoga

“Just close your eyes and relax. Breathe in deeply. Clear your mind.”

Chloe sat up straight and breathed in deeply. She hadn’t expected to enjoy Yoga all that much. She honestly couldn’t see herself being that peaceful of a person. Her mind was always on. Always working. Always asking questions. But, given her latest stress and anxiety, Yoga had become an escape.

“I really can’t clear my mind all that well.” Lois complained quietly.

Chloe rolled her eyes and sighed. “You’re suppose to be quiet.”

“I am.” Lois said. “You guys get all the nice stuff. Big comfy pillows. Bouncy balls and four bathroom breaks. All my class gets is a stupid mat, and a stupid balance block.”

Chloe slowly raised her arms and breathed through her nose. “Well, maybe you should get pregnant.”

Lois snorted. “And lose my figure?” She trailed off when Chloe shot her a glare. “Sorry. Sorry.”

“You know you can be extremely-” She trailed off and grabbed her stomach. “Ouch.”

“You okay?” Lois asked softly.

Chloe nodded. “Yeah. This baby has been seriously kicking me all day.” She gently rubbed small circles on her stomach like she’d been taught. She sighed as the kicking slowly subsided.

Lois watched her for a moment before slowly smiling. “Hey I just realized that today means you have two weeks until your due date.”

She only nodded.

“Are you excited?” Lois asked.

She shrugged. “Excited? I don’t know. Nervous? Yes.” She shrugged slightly. “Honestly it feels as though I’m living someone else’s life.”

Lois frowned at that. “That sounds kind of bad Chloe.”

Chloe didn’t respond, only closed her eyes and continued breathing in deeply.

Argument

“Why are you so quick to want to marry someone?” She asked harshly.

Lex glared at her. “Is that so wrong?”

“Yes!” She answered hotly. “I’m twenty years old, pregnant and still in college. I can’t handle being labeled as your fiancé more so your wife.” Her eyes pleaded with him. “Can’t you understand that?”

“No.” He answered pulling his hand away. He stood up and walked over toward the window to stare out at the city.

She rolled her eyes. “Lex-”

“You’re the mother of my child Chloe.”

She stood up and walked toward him. She reached for his arm so that he was looking at her. “I am.” She said, resting her hand on her stomach. “That should be enough for you to know that I’m not going anywhere. “Look, I’ve moved in with you . I’m having your child-” She trailed off. “Can’t you see how fast things are moving?”

He turned to face her. “I see it Chloe. I also see how unreasonable you’re being.”

Her mouth opened in shock. “Unreasonable?” She repeated with a glare. “You’re calling me unreasonable? Everything is on hold. I left my job. I moved out of my apartment. I’m completely dependent upon you and I hate it! I hate you!” She shoved her way past him, out of the living room and into the bedroom, slamming the door in finality.

Are you happy?/

He was angry at her.

Not the normal, kind of spitting anger, that she could handle. It was his cool, calm and collected anger, the worst kind. The most dangerous kind. It had been four days since their argument and he’s barely said a word to her. When he does speak to her, its usually in clipped cold as ice tones.

The first day she hadn’t cared, still too busy stewing in her own anger. Why couldn’t he see that she was simply ready to be married to him? The second day, she had woken up, no longer angry, only to find that Lex was no where near cooled off.

She wasn’t too surprised given what she had screamed at him. She had said she hated him. With such venom and try as he might, he couldn’t conceal the look of hurt that crossed his face as she said them.

She honestly didn’t mean what she said. She didn’t hate him, and she couldn’t help but feel guilty about saying what she said. She wanted to apologize. He just wouldn’t let her.

She sighed as she watched him work incessantly on his laptop.

“Are you coming to bed?” She asked.

He paused at the sound of her voice before he continued writing. “No.” He answered simply.

She leaned against the doorway. “But you’ve been working all day. You must be tired.”

“I’m fine.” he answered shortly. “Goodnight Chloe.”

She frowned at him, the familiar anger once again bubbling up inside of her. “Nurse Stefan will be here tomorrow at 2 to talk more about my birth plan. Will you at least be here?”

“I’ll be in meetings all day. So I’m not sure.”

Now Chloe could feel herself vibrating with anger, but she held herself in check. “Fine.” She said and turned to go.

Chloe winced as she turned onto her side, failing at trying to get into a more comfortable position. An hour had passed and she was near tears from the complete soreness in her back. Usually, Lex would be rubbing her back, soothing away the aches and pains with skillful hands.

Lex wasn’t here now.

She whimpered to herself as she tried to reach around to rub her own back. She stopped, letting out a loud cry of frustration as she found she couldn’t reach the right spot. She reached for a pillow and placed it between her thighs. She lay for a long time, her thoughts turning. She felt guilty. She knew she shouldn’t have said what she said and now she was paying for it. She closed her eyes and drifted off into a restless sleep.

She was asleep for an hour before she felt familiar hands gently rubbing her back. Her eyes fluttered open and she glanced over her shoulder, surprised to see Lex’s familiar silhouette.

“You were whimpering in your sleep.” He said by way of explanation.

She didn’t respond, only turned her face into her pillow and groaned in pleasure as he massaged a particular sore spot.

He rubbed her lower back just above her butt and she groaned louder.

“Harder.”

He did as instructed. “You know you could’ve just told me you needed a back rub.” He murmured quietly.

“I didn’t think you would.” She said just as quietly. She sighed happily as his hand moved up her side.

“That’s stupid.” He murmured into her ear.

Chloe could feel every muscle in her back begin to relax from his special touch and she sighed happily. “Not really considering what happened.”

She felt him tense beside her and she cursed her big mouth. “I don’t hate you. You know that right?” She turned to look at him when he didn’t answer right away. The moon provided enough light so that she could see his face and from his expression, she could tell that he didn’t quite believe her.

“Are you really that unhappy here with me Chloe?

The question brought on another brand of guilt to Chloe. “I’m not unhappy.” She murmured quietly. “I’m just tired is all. Tired of being pregnant. I’m tired of gaining weight and not sleep right. I’m just ready for of this to be over.”

Lex nodded. “I’m sorry you’re uncomfortable.”

She only shrugged. “I’m sorry I said I hated you.” She gazed sternly at him. “But I meant what I said about marrying you.”

“I know.” He said not bothering to keep the hurt out of his tone. “I had no idea you felt that way Chloe.” He reached for her hand. “I don’t think of you as dependent on me. I just want to take care of you. The both of you. It won’t be this way forever you know that. You’ll go back to work and get your degree and-” He was cut off by her hand over his mouth.

“I just want to not think on that right now.” She said honestly. “I’m still wrapping my head around the fact that I’ll be a mother soon.”

He smiled slightly and placed a hand on her stomach. “I’ll be home early tomorrow.”

She smiled. “Good.” She placed her hand on top of his. “Are we okay?”

He nodded. “Yes.”

“Good.” she said turning back onto her side. “Now please continue with the massaging?”

Birth Plan

“I want drugs.” Chloe said. “Lots and lots of drugs.”

Lex smiled in amusement at look on Chloe’s face. “Yes. You told the nurse that. She said she’ll let the doctor know.”

Chloe nodded and touched her stomach. “Tell me why did I wait until the last week to see that birthing video?”

Lex shrugged. “I have no clue.”

She glared a him. “How are you so calm about this? Did you see how that head pushed out-” She trailed off and shuddered. “I’m rethinking this whole thing.”

Lex smiled. “I wasn’t that shocked. I’ve seen numerous videos already and I’ve read numerous books.”

He shrugged at her look. “I like to be prepared.” he said simply. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

“If it helps. I’m pretty nervous myself.”

She glanced up at, surprised to see real nervousness for the first time. She smiled slightly and lied her head onto his shoulder. “Yeah.” She said. “It helps.”

Ask me again…

“No Lois. I didn’t go into labor yet.” Chloe said into the phone as she rummaged around Lex’s desk draw for a pen. “Yes. I’m sure a little hacking isn’t going to stress me out and make me go into labor.” She pushed a few folders to the side.

“I’m positive. Look-” She paused as her eyes caught sight of something. “Lois, let me call you back.”

She closed her phone and picked up the baby diary with a confused frown. It look identical to the one Dr. Garner had given her. She bit her lip, surprised to see the first page filled out with Lex’s elegant script.

She knew it was suppose to be private, but she couldn’t help but read it.

Dearest Baby,

This is my firs letter to you, and I am pondering what it is I should write. I guess I should start by saying that my propensity to love has never been very high on my list. Of course I’ve had vagaries of perception on what love is, and could be, that is unil I met your mother, whom I never thought I would love. I won’t always be a perfect father to you, but I’ll try to be. As I’ve haven’t really had much of a good example to learn from, I’ll be learning along with your mother everyday. I must tell you ha I can’ wait to meet you. Hold you. I promise that I will always try my best to protect you from harm of any kind. I’ll love you and take care of you until my dying day.

Love always,

Your father

Still shocked, she turned the page and read the next passage, and the next, and the one after that. Before she knew it she had read through all of the passages and was left sitting there, tears sliding down her cheeks.

He loved their baby so much

He loved her so much. So much it should scare her, but it didn’t. It made her strangely happy. She carefully placed the book back into the drawer and closed it, deep in thought.

She nearly jumped out of her skin as her phone rang. She smiled and picked it up.

“Hi.”

“Hi yourself.” Lex murmured. “Just calling to-”

“Ask me again.” She cut in quickly.

Lex paused before speaking again. “I’m not quite sure what-”

“Ask me.” Chloe said with emphasis.

“Ask-” he trailed off as he realized what she meant. “I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Are you sure?” he asked for the third time.

Chloe rolled her eyes. “I’m sure. This isn’t pregnant woman hormone thing. Just-ask me Lex.”

Shaking his head, he held up the ring he held in his hand. “Chloe-”

“What are you doing?” She asked with a frown.

He raised an eyebrow. “I think I’m proposing to you.”

She raised her own eyebrow. “Standing up?”

Lex sighed and slowly got onto one knee. “Chloe, will you-”

“Yes!” She cut in excitedly.

He smiled up at her and moved to placed the ring on her finger.

“Wait!” She said snatching her hand back. “After I graduate.”

He nodded and reached for her hand, frowning when she snatched it back.

“And after I get settled into my career.”

He gave her an amused smile. “Of course. Anything else?”

She shook her head. “No. But I’m sure I’ll think of more and let you know letter.” She held her hand out and let him slide it on.

Lex frowned as the ring stopped at her knuckle.

She shrugged. “Pregnant lady fingers.” She slid the ring all the way on. It was a little tight but not uncomfortable. She held her hand out to look at her ring. “I must be crazy doing this.”

Lex nodded a soft smile on his face. “Insane.”

Burst of Energy

She had woken up to with a huge burst of energy. Much to Lex’s dismay, she had made Lex and herself breakfast, did her daily workout, then she walked six blocks to meet Lois for lunch. After that she had went and bought a few things for herself after she had the baby.

Now, here she was, at home with a strong desire to get naked with Lex.

“Chloe?”

“Hmm?” She asked softly.

“What are you doing exactly?”

She slid the small button through the small hole and smiled. “Unbuttoning your shirt so we can have sex.”

Lex gave her a surprised look. “Really?” He asked.

She only smiled at the hopeful tone in his voice. She could understand because they hadn’t had sex for over a month, she being too uncomfortable for a number of reasons. She reached up and kissed him behind his ear. “I’ve missed this.”

Lex’s arms wrapped around her waist and he pulled her as close to him as her stomach allowed. “So have I.” He kissed her softly. He reached down to pull the dress she wore over her head. He tossed that to the side and shrugged out of shirt.

He felt himself grow hard just at the sight of large bulge of her stomach. “Wow.” He whispered.

Chloe grinned and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Yeah. Wow. I’m still trying to figure out how we’re going to do this.”

Lex grinned. “Its possible. I’ve read-”

“Books.” she cut in softly. “I know.” She eyed him seriously. “Lex, I just want to tell you that I-” She trailed off and her eyes widened. She glanced down.

“What?” Lex asked concerned. His eyes followed to where she was looking and his own eyes widened. “Chloe!” He said, a small smile blooming onto his face. “Your water broke.”

“This is weird.” She said softly.

He reached down to pick up her dress. He helped her slide it on over her head. “We have to call Dr. Garner and get you to the hospital.”

Chloe shrugged her arms through her dress. “Can I change my underwear first?” She asked in a daze. “I feel like I’ve peed myself.”

Push Chloe!

She had been in labor for exactly six hours and twenty seven minutes.

“The head is crowning. One last push Chloe and you’ll have your baby.”

Chloe wanted to shake her head no. She wanted to shout that she didn’t want this baby instead of shout in pain. Of course she didn’t the exact opposite because she felt as though she had no control over her body.

She pushed.

“One.” Dr. Garner said loudly.

To tell the truth. She wasn’t ready for any of this.

“Five. You‘re doing wonderful Chloe.”

She wasn’t ready to be a mother or a wife.

“Eight.”

She was going to be a terrible mother. Terrible because she didn’t want this baby. Terrible because she didn’t know what she was doing.

“And ten.”

She lay back with a gasp. She glanced over at Lex with a half smile.

“You did great.” he whispered as he leaned over to kiss her cheek.

She watched in a daze as Lex cut the umbilical cord. She watched as they wrapped the baby up into a yellow blanket.

“Congratulations. It’s a boy.” Dr. Garner said as she laid the baby on Chloe’s chest.

Chloe looked down at the baby she held, her heart constricting as small blue eyes stared up at her seriously. “Oh my god.” She whispered softly. Those eyes, that nose, that strawberry blonde hair. He was gorgeous. He was hers. She glanced over at Lex who was watching the both of them, an unreadable expression on his face.

She reached out and pulled him down for a kiss. “He’s beautiful.” She murmured against his lips.

Lex pulled back with a small smile. “He is.”

She glanced back down at the baby. A large smile on her face. Her mother was right she realized. None of her earlier worries seemed to matter at the moment.

“Hi you.” She murmured. “So. What are we going to name him?”

Welcome to the family…

Lionel made his way down the hospital hallway, his long coat billowed out behind him, commanding its own attention. Reaching the end of the hallway, he quietly let himself into the private room. He paused as he caught sight of his son and Chloe snuggled up on the hospital bed, both asleep.

He caught sight of the large diamond ring on her finger and smirked. His eyes slid toward the pediatric baby crib beside the bed. He slowly walked over toward it and stared down at his sleeping grandson.

He glanced at the name sticker on the front and smiled slightly. “Benjamin Alexander. Strong name. Although I‘d prefer something a little less obvious.” He said quietly. He glanced back at the sleeping couple. “I’d say my plan worked out just fine. Wouldn’t you agree Benjamin?”

He ran his finger down Benjamin's arm. “Welcome to the family.”

The End

Cassandra Jean
10th June 2008, 08:24
Oh my gosh, that was a perfect ending. Although I am sad to see this story come to an end, I have been waiting for this update ever since the first part of the epilogue. And Lionel at the end there...priceless. Can not wait to see what you come up with next.

lj715
10th June 2008, 08:36
That was a great ending.

fallen
10th June 2008, 12:23
I just read it all now and I loved it

Kit Merlot
10th June 2008, 16:23
An excellent ending to a beautiful story!

I like how you showed Chloe finally accepting and embracing all of the changes in her life. And I love the baby's name: Benjamin is a great first name:grin3:

Well done, kimbo:D

FroggyJump
10th June 2008, 16:57
Yay snaps for you for a lovely ending.

I liked the pace of that last chapter, it was funny, sweet and frustrating and rounded off so well with loose ends nicely tied. Gosh Lionel's comment at the end made me roll my eyes.

Great work Kimbo

westwingwolf
10th June 2008, 20:24
Those were some great moments during Chloe's pregnancy. I love how she got Lex to get up and fix her ice cream. I loved the proposal and the birth was perfect. Lionel's plan was awesome and I bet even if he was found out, Chloe and Lex wouldn't stay mad at him for long because of all it brought them.

sbrown1016
11th June 2008, 03:02
Oh My God!!! Well worth the wait. That was a perfect ending.

trixie mcbimbo
11th June 2008, 08:02
Great ending! I almost forgot that Lionel set up everything in the first place.

dagney
11th June 2008, 14:44
What a wonderful feel good ending. Now I'm late for work but at least i have a smile on my face. Thanks dagney

lilinny
12th June 2008, 02:35
What a fantastic ending. Loved the pregnancy section of the epilogue, it was hilarious. I'm just so sad to see it end. Loved it!!

chloedreamer
12th June 2008, 02:54
I can't remember if I read the rest of this fic or not but I must say that I enjoyed the last two parts great ending. I'm off to go read the rest of this fic now lol.

karila
13th June 2008, 23:42
It was a wonderful story.
I'm glad that they all are finally happy.

somethingeasy
18th June 2008, 18:08
whoops… I can’t believe I forgot to review the ending of this fic. Especially since the ending was so cute and adorable too. It was fun seeing the months progressing as the time for birth loomed closer. It was also delightful seeing Lex doting on Chloe. I especially loved the scene where Chloe woke up Lex in the middle of the night demanding the most unhealthy kinds of snack-foods possible… and he didn’t let out a peep of protest. LOL! ok, there was a little peep, but there was no hesitation or argument. He didn’t even bother commenting about how she could be craving foods that have absolutely NO nutritional value whatsoever, LOL!

It was also adorable seeing him struggle back to the room with all the food… only to see that Chloe had fallen asleep, LOL! and the best thing was that he didn’t even resent it… he only gave off the junk-food to Lois to enjoy, and looked at Chloe, literally doting on her as she was sleeping. LOL! he’s completely smitten!

Heh.. the conversation between Clark and Chloe was also interesting. Wow! So the farmboy has finally clued in to the fact that his best friend is a very desirable, passionate, beautiful, HOT woman. It was immensely satisfying, but also rather heartbreaking to see how Clark came to this realization to late to do anything but suffer heartache over it. Poor guy!

Heh… it was rather fun seeing him trying to convince Chloe to run away from Lex, AND seeing her almost tear his head off for making such a suggestion. She had a good idea that his reasons were coming from pure paranoia, as well as bit of panicked selfishness, so she knew it was best to ignore him. But it was good to see that this conversation didn’t drive a wedge into their friendship. It would have been quite a pity for the Chlark friendship to break up just a few scant weeks before the birth.

ROTFLMAO! And I was laughing hysterically at the scene where Chloe was crying because she couldn’t zip up her dress… and Lex pointed out that it was only caught on a snag of cloth. ROTFL! Oh dear me! I can only imagine the other ‘daily hysterics’ that Lex has become accustomed to during his time with a very pregnant Chloe. But I think it’s good for him to learn to be patient… and besides which, you KNOW he loves having someone to dote on, LOL!

I was a little puzzled about why Chloe wasn’t married to Lex by NOW! But eveyrhting she said about losing her identity and sense of independence made a fuzzy kind of sense. I think she was wrong, of course… but I can see why she would get irrationally frightened about such things during a time like this.

But it was so wonderfully sweet seeing the element that pushed Chloe into accepting Lex’s proposal. That note he wrote to the baby was amazing, wonder and so sweet! I loved it! And I can see Chloe was deeply moved by it as well. Lex should have left that diary lying ‘conveniently around for easy access’ sometime sooner, LOL!

ROTFL! And the ending was awesome and very fitting considering how this whole story got started in the first place. It figures that Lionel would have a moment of smug, gloating satisfaction as HE took full credit for little Benjamin. LOL! I wonder whether he’s going to be telling stories to the little tyke about how HE was the hero who brought mommy and daddy together, LOL!

There was still no mention of Chloe finding out that it was LIONEL responsible for the kidnapping and imprisonment. I’m really not sure how she would have reacted, but it was probably prudent for Lex and Lionel to keep quiet about it.

This was a really fun ending to the fic, Kimbo! I enjoyed it… and I look forward to seeing the next instalment of DA… whenever you’re ready to post. Tomorrow is good? LOL! good luck and best regards!

eustacie
5th July 2008, 22:18
I can´t believe I forgot about this fic. Nice ending.:)

hfce
30th September 2008, 06:48
I read this story and thought I reviewed it. Great story I loved it. :)

Emch
4th October 2008, 22:01
I just finished reading this fic and I just can say: WOW. I love it. I don't know why but I love fics in which Chloe and Lex have babies, they are always so cutes.

Maybe a sequel so we can see how Benjamin will be when he is older? Please think about it.

malugargula
24th November 2008, 02:06
OMG
I missed so much of this fic
I loved how things happened between them
:)
Wonderful fic

Skye
25th November 2008, 05:20
absolutely love this story!

SVfan1286
27th November 2008, 02:34
I finally had time to catch up and finish reading this incredile story.

I loved the way Lex broke-up with Lana, with "I don't love you". Awesome! And even awesomer, was him telling her that he was in love with Chloe. I think it was great how up-front he was with Lana and even Chloe about his feelings.

The Chlex pregnancy was a wonderful twist... I always love Chlex babies! lol I really liked the way you had Chloe react in the beginning of her pregnancy. It was really well done and different than most stories, where Chloe's so happy from the start. It was a nice change. And while I loved it, it still was hard reading how much she resented and hated the baby through out the beginning of the pregnancy... Heartbreaking but understandable.

I can't believe Chloe waited till she was seven months pregnant to tell her father. That's just crazy. *shakes head* But I loved that Lex told Gabe way before Chloe did. It was so sweet of him. *Sighs*

Through out the whole fic, Lois was just amazing. She was there for Chloe through out everything. She will be a great auntie too. lol

The ending with Lionel greeting the newest Luthor was fantastic and just perfect. I loved that he was gloating. He does deserve the credit too, if it wasn't for him, Lex and Chloe would never have got together. So Yay Lionel... I love your manipulative ass! lol

Wonderful story... I loved it to bits!!!

Nimmie
31st January 2009, 23:25
another great story. One of the things I really apprieciate is that your writing is succinct. The stories are great.

Thanks.
N

autumngold
8th March 2009, 02:46
Thank you so much for the happy ending!! Chloe really scared me during her pregnancy!! I was so afraid that she would never learn to love her baby!! I was also scared that she would never admit to herself that she loved Lex!! But I was wrong because you tied up everything together so beautifully!! I never thought that I would agree with one of Lionel's plans, but I am really glad that he had Chloe and Lex kidnapped together!! Such a Luthor thing to do!! ;) Thank you so much for writing this wonderful story!! :)

elementia
14th June 2009, 17:54
That was a really sweet fic.
Great work.

Lillian
14th June 2009, 17:58
I like it, I like it, I like... this fic. It's great and, of course, Chloe Est Digne... and Lex too.

starmoon
3rd August 2009, 04:31
An excellent ending to a beautiful story!

I like how you showed Chloe finally accepting and embracing all of the changes in her life. And I love the baby's name: Benjamin is a great first name:grin3:

Well done, kimbo:D

you took the words right out of my mouth. i love this beautiful story.

~*~Tasha~*~
9th September 2009, 15:32
Awesome story! Very awesome!

campbti
6th January 2010, 07:19
just saw this and thought it was really great. liked their interactions especially from the middle to the end. I liked the wild cravings and his need to take care of her. really a very nice story.

Rachet
18th April 2010, 05:43
Too sweet, it is a lovely story.

Avalanche
17th May 2010, 01:41
I realized that I had neglected to leave feedback. This was a wonderful story so thanks for sharing it!

Historianic
29th May 2010, 00:29
An amazing read! I love fics where Lionel is a Chloe fan :). And during epilogue part 1, I absolutely adored Lex for stepping up and being brave enough to go to Gabe and be completely honest with him about what was happening between he and Chloe. Thanks :).

chicablue
5th July 2010, 02:26
great story

carebear30
5th July 2010, 22:48
One of my fav stories. Love re-reading it!

emms14
16th September 2010, 04:19
Great story! I have to admit that at first, I wasn't so thrilled that Lionel was the one to set up and jump start the relationship between Chloe and Lex, I thought that should be a decision that they make, but as the story progressed I was happy with how things turned out. I loved, loved, LOVED Chloe and Lex driving each other crazy in the apartment. I also really enjoyed how late in the story, you didn't make Chloe's pregnancy synonymous with happiness. It's more realistic that just because Chloe is pregnant, it doesn't mean that she is either happy, or comfortable in her relationship with Lex. Fantastic job, I loved reading this! :D

-emms14

Lillian
12th October 2010, 13:49
I like it. Great story.

LEXSUPERFAN
25th March 2011, 20:24
WOW Amaizing fic.
I loved all part of the kidnapping and I love as they were falling in love gradually.
Thanks for the wonderful scenes of romance, and sex.

SouthernChlex
29th March 2011, 02:27
Most perfect ending to a story. Ever. Loved every single thing about this. And kudos to making Lionel lovable, at least in my opinion.

Annie13
18th April 2011, 13:11
I just read the whole story and really liked it.
Good work.

reyeslu
29th April 2011, 13:53
Favorite part over all was Gabe telling Chloe that Lex already had him in the loop. Awwwww, it shows Lex as both take charge and emotionally in touch with Gabe's feeling and Chloe's anxiety/procrastination. Thank you!

ajl_gurl84
17th June 2011, 03:53
I love this!!! :ecstatic:

Not the most complex Chlex story but it is certainly one of the ones I enjoyed the most. :love2: Excellent entertainment :popcorn:

Dunno why Chloe and Lex started the story hating each other but I enjoy reading how their interaction changes throughout the story.

I like how in this story Lex is not the Lex that is so convinced of his darkness that he would probably run first rather than admit that he is in love with anyone. :)

Chloe is typical independent woman afraid to lose her independence eventhough there is no need for it. ::/:

Lionel seems like he got conked on the head since for some reason he is so determined to be nice :confused: but his role in this story is much appreciated I'm sure by all the Chlex fan reading the story.

Clark is the typical village idiot with a whole universe circling around him :bang:

And, of course, the smoochies and nummy scenes :drool2: and the fluffee ones too :hug:

Great story! Greatly enjoyed and much appreciated. Maybe more nice-Lionel story would be good for this pairing.

Keep up the great work! :D

Dolly
24th May 2012, 22:16
I just joined and kow this is an older post but I had to let you know I loved the story.

malugargula
30th November 2012, 02:57
This fic always brings tears to my eyes
:)

Ami Rose
26th December 2012, 09:52
Awww that was so sweet! Awsome story!

daria_103
21st January 2013, 23:29
I love this story so much. The first half is quite a lot of fun with their bickering while trapped together but from the release on it's quite sad but still wonderful. I loved Chloes struggle to come to terms with the pregnancy and accepting her feelings for Lex and his for her, it was heartbreaking but wonderful.

Ree
22nd December 2014, 02:08
I loved this story so much! I'm a sucker for the forced interaction scenarios.

layell
13th March 2016, 05:51
Great story. I really enjoyed the way Chloe and Lex interacted in it.