PDA

View Full Version : Too Late... (PG-13)

~FuriousAngel!~
11th September 2006, 17:45
Title: Too Late…

Character: Smallville’s Chloe Sullivan

Genre: Angst

Rated: PG-13

Summary: How the catastrophe of Metropolis makes Chloe says “I was too late, too late… to save his life”

Disclaimer: Hi girls! This something that I came up with this morning after listening to “24” by Jem great angst song it actually inspired me to write this…As always feedback is always welcome. Sorry if there's any typo. Raven84, Sandra Oquendo and ~FuriousAngel!~ are the same person :o) I just love Pennames!

Too late…
By ~FuriousAngel!~

I have been running for as far I can recall, but I have too…for him. Destruction everywhere, everybody was mad, was scary, and why all this is happening all at once? Just like the meteor shower, it felt like the call of the end of days, Armageddon… and I’m not saved, I’m still here watching all this. The heel of my boots could be heard even with all the deafening screams and cries of the conglomerated disturbance. Fire, Red skies and the air of death could be sense over this corrupted city, how I wish to be far from here, to be in a safe place and hide from this terror.

“Chloe run for your life! Hide honey please!” My father said to me with worried eyes. I was his only family; his only hope.

“Come with me dad please!” I yelled back since the echo of the destruction surrounded us.

“Look out!” he screamed covering me from the terror of others;

Gravel and stone lift up from the mass of destruction. The desolated cries of children could be heard from distance; lovers separated, reclaiming their lost presence. The explosions of vehicles flaming before my eyes; competing against the fires of the sky….It was chaos…. And I was still here.

There wasn’t much time anymore, I could feel the Death breathing down my neck, it was too much to bear. During our running my life passed through my eyes. The memory of my loved ones, the memory of my mother tucking me to bed and later knowing she wasn’t going to be part of my childhood, my school years… no more memories from her.

It was over.

My friends who are no longer with me, Pete left me, Clark was gone, Lana betrayed me and Lex …Lex just walked away to the darkness of his heart. He walked away from me, from our friendship...from my love waiting to be reciprocated... My love for him shattered the day I caught him and Lana in our room looking at each other with lover's eyes. That electricity that I was longing to have with him, he was having it with somebody else.

It was over.

And I realized I have been wasting my time all these years, all these years for nothing… for this moment for me to run from my past.

Hands cling to each other, running as fast as we could, look for shelter my father and I was. Why this was happening? Why all this again? Destiny has a twisted sense of humor to remind us how puny we really are, how fragile we can easily become. No money in the world will save you from the secure death that we all have. Maybe it was destiny or maybe it was just a foul play from some distant planet to let us know that they are watching us; I know it sound twisted or wall of weird material but this was Metropolis; in it smashed way as it was now, in it’s fragile state this was still my home and it brought tears to my eyes watching how it burned.

“Ahh!” I screamed as a glass exploded close to us making me fall on the ground. The people were crazy running and destroying everything on their path as if it wasn’t enough.

I knew that Clark had the answers but he was gone, I used to feel safe with him and as I recall the kiss I gave him which was still burning in my mouth, still bringing me a little bit of hope that I will see him again, I begged the heavens that he comes back. This city needed him; the world needed him…

“Chloe! You alright honey?” My father asked once again helping out; I nodded as we kept escaping from all this.

We finally found some shelter on an alley and with widened eyes we contemplate the city. Shots been fired from the police trying to clear the paths, riots everywhere it was as if they lost their minds in anger and hatred! The rain started to pour trying to wash away the sins and fights from the people but it was useless, everybody was too focused on hurting each other, in surviving at the same time… survival of the fittest.

“Why is all this happening?!” My father asked confused and all I could think of was Clark and his secrets.

‘Zod is coming…Zod is coming’ echoed in my mind as I watched realizing all.

“I don’t know dad…” I hesitantly said back with watery eyes.

This was Zod’s doing but who was Zod? How someone so evil can actually exist? It was horrible just to think about it! We were in there when suddenly the howling and barking of dogs caught our attention. The police released them to terrorize the people.

“Oh my God!” I yelped watching how they attacked the people, animals turning against humans; humans hurting humans WHAT IS THIS!? It was as if all rational thought disappeared!

When the imminent happened…

“Give me your money! Give your money now!” We turned to the source of the voice finding a gun being pointed at us. My dad grabbed me fiercely as I tried to negotiate with him

“We don’t have anything, we swear I left my purse at my office---“

“Shut up! You old man move it!”

“I don’t have any---“

I heard the gunshot that shook me to the core and when I turned from my father I saw the smoke of the gun in front of the bastard. As in slow motion I yelled at him seeing how he was falling against the wall, blood spilling from his mortal wound and watched as the scoundrel said something; it was all distorted for me and that’s when I saw red. Launching myself to him, we wrestled for the gun until I punched him with a right hook and smashed my heel on his feet, the man screamed in agony but I didn’t care at all

“Son of a bitch!” I yelled as I knee him on the crotch making him bend and kicked his head. I was driven, I was in overdrive when I took the gun from the ground and pointed at him, I was about to kill him.

Everything hurts now, no friends, no job and no family this man deserved my wrath!

Gasping for the much needed air I cocked the gun and the man on the ground dared me to kill him, when I heard my dad’s whimpers…

I turned to him relieved that he was still alive “Dad--”

“Chloe don’t do it, is not worth it”

“Yeah Chloe but I think you don’t have the guts” the bastard taunted me and I swore this man was looking for his death.

Seconds passed and I put down the gun indicating him to stand up, I was doing this for my dad when suddenly the man tried to snatch the gun and accidentally shot itself! The man screamed in pain as his thumb and index finger scattered on the pavement.

“You bitch!” he yelled when suddenly he launched at me and I shot him!

I shot him! I actually shot him!

I was panting from all this emotions at once as I watched the man falling on the street taking his last breath he died instantly from a shot in the throat.

And I knew that the memory of such atrocity will remain in my mind for quite sometime… As I said Death was breathing down my neck, and I could actually feel its shivering caress.

I was shaken to the core but I was able to turned to my father when all of sudden I started crying,

“Daddy—please don’t go, don’t leave me! I’m sorry! I’m gonna go find some help okay please just please stay with me” I said so broken and ashamed he cradled me in his arms and I felt his blood in my hands.

And the worst part was that I knew I couldn’t do anything! There was no hope! Why? Why him!? He was a good man! He didn’t deserve that!

“Its okay Chlo’ you couldn’t stop it, it’s alright honey shhh” he tried to console and for a moment I felt like that little girl I once was: broken at the realization that her mother walked away from her.

I was broken, I was done for… I was hopeless, he was my cornerstone, he was supposed to be in my future, at my college graduation, at my wedding, in my success as a reporter… he was in my future plans! Now it was over, all was over….he was supposed to die at old age not in some rotten alley on Metropolis!

The more I realized what the future was saving for me the more I panicked. We both felt that time was ticking out, his once bright and proud face was pale and weak, the light was burning out of his eyes and I was witnessing all this… he was having a hard time breathing trying to tell me something “Dad don’t say anything please…” I breathed those hurtful words but he silenced me by saying

“Chloe listen to me-- look at me” when I did he said the most powerful and meaningful words Gabe Sullivan had ever said.

“Chloe I want you to continue with your life honey don’t waste your time mourning me---“

“Dad let me get you---“

“There’s no time you know this-- look what Metropolis has become in a blink of a eye…”

I was trying to keep my sobs but I couldn’t “Dad you were supposed to be with me… I’m not ready—“

Then he said “Honey you had made me so proud, I’m so proud of you…you are the light of my eyes and I’m so grateful to had you in my life, I hoped I was a good father to you Chloe because you were a great daughter to me, thank you honey for being with me all this time… I love you honey” he breathed with such difficulty but he been who he is: stubborn and determined; how we Sullivan’s are he continued and that when he said the words that forever will be brand on my heart.

“Chloe I want you to be happy honey you deserve it, I want you to have kids, everything okay? Don’t be like me don’t dwell on the past... look forward to the future honey…always, don’t let your past tell you how your future will become, fight! Fight for what’s yours by right! you were always good on that”

I nodded at his treasured words “I will Dad don’t worry” I whispered watching how he weakly smiled at me as if making sure that the last memory I got from him was a smile.

“It wasn’t your fault Chloe…this is not your fault honey” he breathed weakening by the second.

“Dad…” I whimpered I kept repeating his name until I literally felt his last breath leaving his body.

”I love you too Daddy…” I whispered between my sobs.

I felt how the vile rise up to my throat, I gasped and started panting, and the tears of my eyes worsen since I no longer hold them back. Nothing else mattered anymore; I felt how my life transformed into a dark down spiral of sadness and deception. The last person that I loved was gone…forever.

I raised my head from his chest and screamed my heart out, it came out like a piercing shriek and for a moment my whole world stopped focused on that heart breaking scream. My whole world collided and my fears became a reality…There was nothing left, my father was gone, my friends were gone and I was lost…

As the hours passed, I just couldn’t do anything, just watching how the world passed me by, the rain washing away my father's blood, I was in slow motion while the rest was fast forward. Everything turned gray in my life for a moment, I was no longer listening to the commotion and all I could missed was the absence of the familiar face, the air turned heavy; unable to breath it actually, as I said Death was breathing down my neck and was cackling with it's morbid humor at my misery…

Even though he said it wasn’t my fault, I couldn’t stop it…I couldn’t avoid it…

I was too late, too late…to save his life.

Goldielocks
11th September 2006, 21:17
that was sad but i loved the way you descibed her emoitions

please write a sequel, pm if u decide to write one

~FuriousAngel!~
12th September 2006, 01:36
thank you Goldielocks for your feed! I trully appreciated ;) Chloe is a very emotional girl she show it constantly in her expressions so it's always a delight to describe the way she feels even though if it is sadness...

Thanx!

~Sandry!~

SVfan1286
24th October 2007, 08:16
Exellent story, Chloe's thoughts and emotions were really well written. I loved it!!