PDA

View Full Version : Revelations, PG

khushiyan
15th August 2006, 12:33
Title: REVELATIONS
Fandom: SMALLVILLE
Characters: CHLOE/LEX
Type: STANDALONE FIC, (SEQUEL TO THIS (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=199592#post199592)
Word Count: 1027
Link: MY LJ (http://khushiyan.livejournal.com/4107.html#cutid1)
Set: N/A
Theme/Prompt: EPISODE 4.4, "DEVOTED"
Rating:PG
Disclaimer: UNFORTUNATELY, I DON'T OWN EITHER CHLOE, OR LEX, OR SUPMERMAN.... OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER.....SO PLEASE DON'T SUE...
Warnings/Spoilers: SPOILER FOR SEASON FOUR!
Summary: SET AFTER THE EPISODE "DEVOTED", WHERE CHLOE DOES ALL THAT FAWNING OVER CLARK, DAMN HER. AT THE END OF THAT EP, SHE REALISES THAT SHE CAN'T HAVE FEELINGS FOR CLARK. I HATE THAT BIT. :P THIS IS MY TAKE ON HOW LEX WOULD THINK OF THE SITUATION, AND PERHAPS, HOW HE'D CHANGE HE MIND.... *NUDGE-NUDGE* MLEH. ENJOY!

Chloe saved the document on her computer, and began reading through the article she had just written with intense focus. She didn’t even notice Lex standing in the Torch’s office doorway. “Not ‘try’…” She muttered to herself as she corrected various mistakes. Lex smirked to himself as he watched her work. After a few moments, he coughed loudly.

“Oh!!” Chloe almost deleted her whole article as she jumped back in her seat and pressed numerous keys at once. “Lex you startled me!”

“I’m sorry,” His smirk was still in place, “I’m looking for Clark. He asked me to stop by, so I assumed he would be here.”

“Clark will be here a little later, the cheerleaders and jocks are still busy kissing his ass and other types of worship.” Chloe rolled her eyes at them. “But you’re welcome to wait here. I needed a break anyway.” She quickly saved the article again, before she did something deadly. “So how is the corporate world? Is still all about espionage and high-powered take overs?”

“You know as well as I do Chloe, that it’s a little less dramatic than that.” Lex countered as he walked into the room.

“I’m sure,” Chloe said unbelievably.

“But how are you? I’m sorry I missed your little routine.” A devilish smile sprang onto Lex’s lips.

“My what?” Confusion spread across Chloe’s face like hot butter.

“Cheerleading. I heard that you were quite the entertainer.” Chloe looked positively pained for a second, before appearing with a cool demeanour.

“Lex,” She told him in an equally serious and jovial voice, “If you have any sympathy for me at all, you’ll never mention my ‘routine’ again.” Lex howled with laughter. “I’m serious Lex. Silence is the only thing between you and slaughter. Clark and Lois are already on my list, don’t make me add you…” Chloe ended with a small laugh.

Lex stopped laughing, and a strange look appeared on his face, the kind of look Chloe had never seen on him before. “But Clark huh? Somehow I thought you’d set your sights a little higher.” Lex told her, all his jokiness gone and replaced with a thoughtful sadness.

“W-what do you mean by that??” Chloe asked furtively, panic setting in her gut, ‘He knows??’

“Don’t get me wrong, Clark is a great guy,” ‘He knows!!’ Chloe screamed to herself as Lex continued. “But I always pictured you as being with someone with more drive and passion perhaps.”

‘With you?’ Chloe couldn’t help but wonder. “Lex, Clark is your best friend, why are you digging into him?”

“I’m not. I’m just trying to help you.”

‘Why?’ She wanted to ask so badly. “It doesn’t matter, Clark doesn’t even feel the same was.” Chloe said in a muffled voice, looking at her feet.

“Well, perhaps he should. Where else would he find the woman on her way to becoming the greatest reporter in all time?” Chloe looked up at him and blushed. She tried to say something back to him, but she didn’t know what to say to him. “Listen Chloe, as much as I hate to admit it but people can be wrong about many things, especially their feelings.” He looked at her with intensity, a glimmer of sadness in his eyes and an urgency in his voice. But Chloe didn’t really understand. Looking at him then, she felt guilty that she should fawn over Clark, the boy who didn’t even understand love when there was this man standing in front of her, who understood all the complicated facets of it. “Think about it.” He turned to leave, but Chloe called out to him.

“Wait!” She ran towards him and put her hand on his arm to stop him from leaving. “Why are you telling me all this?”

“Because you deserve to know.” The kindness and pure sincerity in that sentence caused something to stir in Chloe’s heart. Before she realised what she was doing, she stepped towards Lex and hugged him tightly. Lex was startled for a minute at her open warmth, but sank into her arms slightly. As Chloe pulled back, she kissed him lightly on the cheek.

“What was that for?” Lex asked, blushing slightly.

“Because you deserve it.” Chloe grinned as she pulled away from him completely and watched Lex’s face form into a genuine smile, the kind he never showed often.

“Tell Clark I’ll talk to him later.” Lex turned and left the room quickly, leaving Chloe almost swooning with delight.

Later when Clark met up with Chloe to quickly go over some articles, Chloe reminded him of his meeting with Lex, “Lex? I never asked him to come over…” Clark furrowed his brows in confusion, “He must have wanted something… I’ll call him later.” He thought nothing of it, and began to unpack his bag, looking for the notes on the article.

But Chloe stared at the spot where she and Lex had hugged and smiled slightly, ‘He came to see me… Me…’ She repeated, as her smile grew. “What’s wrong Chloe?” Clark asked her, wondering why she was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Chloe looked at him with a dazed look on her face, ‘You. You’re the one that’s all wrong…How could I be so stupid…’ An expression of sadness slipped onto her face as she realised that she had wasted her time chasing after Clark. “Nothing Clark. You can go home…Really, go!” She added as she saw his look of protest.

As Clark left, Chloe logged onto her computer, trying to keep Lex out of her head. She clicked onto the Daily Plant website, and found a picture of Lex posted at the top of the site, with the link to an interview with him. She stared at the picture for a moment longer than she was supposed to and sighed to herself, ‘It would be so much easier if I just fell for you…’

But perhaps she did. She no longer dreamt of Clark and his childish smile, but of Lex and his intensity. And every morning, she would wake up with a smile on her face as she thought of Lex and his deep blue eyes.

[B]AN: THIS ONE IS ONE OF MY FAVES SO FAR, JUST COS I LOVE LEX IN IT. HE IS OK RIGHT?? :) HMM, I NEVER WAS GONNA WRITE SEQUELS, BUT PEOPLE THREATENED WANTED THEM, SO HERE YA ARE. :) I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!

Goldielocks
15th August 2006, 13:10
:grin3: i take it u dont like writing sequels :ecstatic:

but that ruled:yeahbaby:

autumngold
15th August 2006, 18:48
You are an absolute doll to write this wonderful sequel!! I love Lex giving Chloe some advice about Clark and making her see the truth!! Great story!! Of course, since this sequel worked out so well, I would imagine you would want to write more. . . . !! ;)

khushiyan
15th August 2006, 20:58
:grin3: i take it u dont like writing sequels :ecstatic:

but that ruled:yeahbaby:

Goldie, its cos i usually stuff them up! i get so wrapped around something else, i lose it completely! so, with standalones, it's kept nice and simple. ;) what can i say, i'm a complete and utter wuss. *shrugs* glad you liked it though!! :)

You are an absolute doll to write this wonderful sequel!! I love Lex giving Chloe some advice about Clark and making her see the truth!! Great story!! Of course, since this sequel worked out so well, I would imagine you would want to write more. . . . !! ;)

ha!! i'm glad you liked this sequel!! :) and deary, you may just be in luck... i have plans for a season 5 ep to be made into a Chlex one..... but that just depends on how many reviews i get...oh, and if the ideas even freaking good enough!!.... *raises an eyebrow* but that will probably be my last anyway. i wouldn't want to kill these off now would i?

thank you guys! you really made my day!!

Goldielocks
16th August 2006, 00:30
honestly it rocked, even though u hate sequels, (u'll hate me now) this fic desreves another fallower....so

im askin, no im begging for another sequel....:worship:

trixie mcbimbo
16th August 2006, 02:15
Awww. That was cute!!!

hfce
16th August 2006, 03:07
That was cute. :D

Hope :)

Ami Rose
10th February 2014, 11:39
loved this one