PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the skins

Julie
15th August 2006, 02:48
Which do you prefer? A set width (like the michael skin), or like the new allison skin (the entire screen)?

letia84
15th August 2006, 03:52
I like the set width. Taking up the whole screen seems odd to me.

westwingwolf
15th August 2006, 06:03
Ok it's not that I don't care, it's that I honestly don't know or can't tell the difference. I've been switching back and forth between the skins and I'm not seeing the difference. Is it me? Am I viewing a different thing or something? Am I crazy? Well, I might be but I don't think that should make a difference in how I view the skins.

hecate190
15th August 2006, 06:10
I like set width better than the whole screen.

lj715
15th August 2006, 06:39
I like the set width also.

somethingeasy
15th August 2006, 08:02
I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two, so I had to to go with the ignorant 'Don't Know' option.

BUT I would like to say that I adore this new Allison skin. I always liked the look of the Michael skin, but the problem was that it was set with light coloured writing on dark coloured background, which never makes for easy reading. So I switched a long time ago to the default skin.

And now I see how incredibly... pretty this new Allison skin is, AND it uses the exact same colour scheme as the default (which makes for easy legibility). Thanks for my pretty new skin... The default might have been pragmatic and easy to tolerate, but it was lacking in prettiness and personality. The Allison fits my needs absolutely perfectly :D

khushiyan
15th August 2006, 12:41
set width please. the allison one is too large for my screen, so in the close up bit, she's only got one eye... till i scroll over that is... ;)

Julie
15th August 2006, 13:49
Thanks for the honest comments everyone! I'm guessing that those who don't see the difference is using a 800x600 screen resolution, and then there's not too much difference, because the Michael screen takes up almost the entire screen as it is.

And now I see how incredibly... pretty this new Allison skin is, AND it uses the exact same colour scheme as the default (which makes for easy legibility). Thanks for my pretty new skin... The default might have been pragmatic and easy to tolerate, but it was lacking in prettiness and personality. The Allison fits my needs absolutely perfectly :D

I personally think the default skin was butt-ugly, but I can understand someone using it because it's simple and easy readable.

set width please. the allison one is too large for my screen, so in the close up bit, she's only got one eye... till i scroll over that is... ;)

Yeah, I saw that too. I'm guessing you're using 800x600 as a screen resolution. I'll see if I can't fix that so it works for everyone :)

Zannie
15th August 2006, 14:24
I voted that it doesn't matter one way or the other to me. I can see the difference but I don't have strong feelings on which I prefer. Like Sabrina, I'm just glad that the lovely new skin is a light one, as I've never been able to use all the dark skins, despite how nice they are (since I can't read with them). Thanks for all your work on the skins, Julie.

Julie
15th August 2006, 14:29
Skin making has a tendency to match my mood (like any other art one makes), and as you can see, life's been a bith :P But now is a new time, so I'll promise to try my best to make new light skins!

For those of you who remember the light fanfiction skin, did you like that?

For an example, if you had Style1 as your preferance, it would change to style2 when viewing the fanfiction forums (for easy reading). Those who remember, was that something nice, or annoying that it changed styles?

becky
15th August 2006, 20:11
Skin making has a tendency to match my mood (like any other art one makes), and as you can see, life's been a bith :P But now is a new time, so I'll promise to try my best to make new light skins!

For an example, if you had Style1 as your preferance, it would change to style2 when viewing the fanfiction forums (for easy reading). Those who remember, was that something nice, or annoying that it changed styles?

Hi Jules...

Actually I prefer one skin for the whole forum... although both skins I had when you changed it last time were really great, having two different looks made the site lose cohesion. Chances are if I find any skin hard to read I won't use it at all, so I'd definitely vote for not forcing certain skins for certain sections.

letia84
15th August 2006, 21:21
I already voted but I can see some people don't care for the darker skins. I just wanted to add my two cents that I think the darker skin is better. I have no issue reading from them and like the way people's sig and avatars look on the dark back ground.

All round all skins rock and love having a choice. So big thank you to Julie

Augustine86
16th August 2006, 16:35
I like the whole screen covered with a Chlex skin. I'm just greedy like that!

Also I like it because my brother has the computer set in a smaller scale so the forums sometimes took just half the screen or less. Really difficult to explain.

MaskedGrace
16th August 2006, 19:57
I already voted but I can see some people don't care for the darker skins. I just wanted to add my two cents that I think the darker skin is better. I have no issue reading from them and like the way people's sig and avatars look on the dark back ground.

All round all skins rock and love having a choice. So big thank you to Julie

I completely agree with Letia on this... the siggies definitely look better on darker backgrounds, mostly because it makes them pop out.

Oh, and I voted for the set width. I just looks more.. organized to me. :)

I also like the dark skins because they're easier on the eyes in the early morning hours. :D

vardaquareien
19th August 2006, 04:31
I chose the set width - somehow I think it looks cleaner.

I'm personally a fan of dark skins aswell. The light ones are just too bright for my nocturnal eyes.

For an example, if you had Style1 as your preferance, it would change to style2 when viewing the fanfiction forums (for easy reading). Those who remember, was that something nice, or annoying that it changed styles?Jules I remember the fanfic skin & I really liked it. That is, I liked the skin itself I wasn't too keen on it changing styles.