PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Smiles and Silent Hearbreaks (PG)

khushiyan
31st July 2006, 21:39
Title: DRUNKEN SMILES AND SILENT HEART-BREAKS.
Fandom: SMALLVILLE
Characters: CHLOE/LEX
Type: STANDALONE FIC
Word Count: 1322
Link: MY LJ (http://khushiyan.livejournal.com/3798.html)
Set: 2
Theme/Prompt: #5. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Rating:PG
Disclaimer: UNFORTUNATELY, I DON'T OWN EITHER CHLOE, OR LEX, OR SUPMERMAN.... OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER.....SO PLEASE DON'T SUE...
Warnings/Spoilers: A BIT SPOILERY FOR SEASON THREE.
Summary: MY TAKE ON HOW LEX GOT OVER HELEN SO QUICKLY AFTER THE PHEONIX EPISODE. BLESS, POOR SOD HAD A RIGHT EVIL WIFE DIDN’T HE?? HEH.

Lex swallowed his whisky slowly, as if he wanted each drop of the amber liquid to burn out his throat. It had been just under three weeks since he had been rescued from the island and still, he felt as it he were still on that island trapped by Helen’s betrayal. He gulped down the rest of his whisky and was about to pour himself another glass when the doors of his office burst open.

“Hey, you had better be sober when I talk to you.” In charged in Chloe Sullivan, the brightest and definitely more dangerous spark Lex had seen in a long time. Like him, if you held her for too long, you’d burn away, and just like him again, she’d burn away with you. “A little birdy told me that you’re depressed.” She stood a few feet away Lex, and could see his smirk, “Ok, he’s not so much a ‘little birdy’ as he is a ‘giant-bird-man-who-thinks-he’s-a-lumberjack’, but you get the point.”

Lex continued pouring his whisky. “What do you want Chloe?”

“I came here to talk to you.”

“I’m not in the mood for childish games.” Lex swallowed his whisky in one gulp again, and clasped the bottle slightly.

“Neither am I Lex, which is why I’m here. You need help.”

Lex scowled at the young woman, “What makes you think that? And more importantly, what makes you think that you of all people can help me?”

Chloe reached towards him and pulled his whiskey away, her fingers quickly pushing his away as she snatched it. “Drinking is a no-no.” Chloe walked towards his plush sofas and sank down into one them.

“Please, make yourself at home.” Lex muttered as he put down his empty glass and joined her. “You still haven’t answered my question.” He sat down on the other end of the sofa, hoping to invade her personal space in the efforts that she would soon leave. He didn’t like being told what he did and did not need.

Chloe sighed as she placed the whisky down onto the table in front of her, keeping it as far from Lex as possible. “Come on Lex, we both know that we’ve been burned far too many times to count so lets cut the crap: depressed Lex sucks.”

Lex stared at her wide-eyed, he wasn’t sure if she had actually said that or if his drunken state, “Excuse me?”

“You heard me, depressed, mopey ‘oh-Helen-left-me’ Lex sucks worse than a baby and his bottle.” Lex continued staring at her, thinking of her audacity and gall, did she not know who he was?

“Somehow I think you don’t really understand. This was not a ‘high-school crush’.” Lex fidgeted slightly.

“It was real.” Chloe finished for him. The pity in her eyes made his skin crawl. “Lex I know you.” She whispered softly. Somehow, he doubted that. “Ok, fine, I know you from Clark. And that’s a lot considering how much he won’t stop talking about you.”

Defending me more like Lex thought.

“This,” Chloe pointed at him, “is not you. You are crazy, and impulsive and passionate and a genius and you’re really pissing me off with the whole ‘mope around’ deal.”

“Chloe I hardly-” But before Lex could finish, Chloe stomped on.

“I haven’t finished. As much as the decent citizens of Smallville hate to admit it, we miss the normal you, the strong powerful you.” Chloe finished with a sad smile.

Lex sighed. He looked at her with confusion, how could he believe what was saying? Helen had lied to him too.

“I’m not lying. I even heard the car-wash guy saying how much he hate mopey love-sick Lex, and you know how much he hates the normal you.”

Lex smiled slightly at this, unsure of where Chloe was going with this, “That’s supposed to make me fell better?”

Chloe ignored his comment and finished her speech, “So, to keep it simple: get out, get over it, and get back.” She put her hand over his head and nodded triumphantly.

“Chloe, it’s a lot harder than you think.” It was perhaps the most truthful thing he’d told her in a long time.

“I know it is,” She squeezed his hand gently, “But you’ve got to come back or else you’ll never escape it.” For a moment, she thought of herself and how her mother had left Gabe and herself, and how perhaps she’d never escape that. She mentally shook it off and smiled at Lex. “Just think of who else I’d have verbal judo with- Clark? He still blushes at the word ‘boobies’ and Lana? Is that before or after she washes her hair for the seventh time in a row?” Lex furrowed his brow in confusion. Chloe, sensing this, removed her hand from his and threw them both in the air as a sign of desperation. “Don’t get me wrong, they’re funny and good friends, but unless they have witty banter with their horses and cows, I doubt they’d be as much fun as you.”

Chloe immediately blushed when she realised what she had said, But Lex had looked away from her for a minute so missed that shade of scarlet. He smiled brightly at the thought of her trying to cheer him up.

“But why did you come here to tell me all this?” Lex asked, the question tugging at him.

“Because as someone once said, ‘a friend in need is a friend indeed.’ I really hate that saying, because it implies all sorts of usership and neediness but it works and its true… and I’ve been told I think too much, so what can you do?”

Lex nodded. “Yes, you do think a little bit more than the average person, but then you’re not average are you, Miss Sullivan?”

Chloe held her head up high and nodded, “No, we’re not.”

After a few moments silence, Lex leaned in closer to Chloe. “Thank you Chloe.”

“For what?”

He hesitated for a moment, leaving Chloe to prod him to continue, “Don’t worry, you’re too drunk to remember this.”

Lex laughed slightly before continuing. “I think I really need a friend right now.”

“Oh Lex, I think we’re beyond that now don’t you? We’re more sparring partners.”

Lex nodded. “But thank you anyway.”

Almost instinctively, Chloe leaned in and hugged her new friend. Although Lex panicked slightly at first, he soon leaned into Chloe’s hug, feeling as if the weight on his heart had begun to unravel. Though it was far from being completely gone, Lex felt safe in the arms of a friend who he knew would become on of his greatest, and let the feeling simmer away. As the two pulled away, Chloe looked slightly embarrassed at the impulsive hug, but soon was back to her normal self after she realised that he didn’t really care, he just looked like he needed it.

“Well, Mr Luthor, I think it is time for me to leave now.” Chloe informed him in a rather regal fashion. “My work is done, my mission, accomplished.”

Lex furrowed his eyebrows. “And what mission was that?”

“To bring back the vixenish Lex we all know and love.”

A smirk appeared on Lex’s face. “Love? Anyone would think that you were beginning to fall under my spell.”

“Well that depends Mr Luthor, are you the devil incarnate or not?”

A thoroughly amused Lex feigned confusion. “I hope not Miss Sullivan, I would have to change all my business cards.”

“Don’t forget your handkerchiefs.” Chloe warned, “L.L, tDI in the bottom corner of each…the Devil Incarnate.” She added hastily.

“Well, it makes quite a difference from L.L, tDIS.” A confused Chloe looked at Lex thoughtfully. “The Devil Incarnates Son.” Hearing this Chloe beamed brightly.

“He’s baaa-ack!!” Chloe chimed in a sing-song voice.

And back he was. Lex may not have been his usual rather mysteriously dangerous self, but he was on his way back to finding himself. And rest assured, with Chloe by his side, his way was rather hilarious indeed.

Author Note: HEE, THIS IS A BIT SILLY. I WROTE THIS OUT COS I WAS BORED THE OTHER NIGHT AND THIS CHURNED OUT. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT. I THINK CHLOE IS A BIT STRANGE. TOO ENGLSIHY?? I DUNNO. ENJOY ANYWAY. OH, AND ITS FLUFFIER THAN ANGSTY. BUT IF YOU WANT ANGST, I’VE DREAMED UP A MASSIVE ANGST-FEST (TWO ACTUALLY…NO WAIT, THREE… I THINK) SO BE PATIENT. :)

hfce
1st August 2006, 01:20
That was cute. I like when Chloe tries to cheer lex up. :)

Hope :)

letia84
1st August 2006, 03:44
That was sweet. Lex always needs a friend and Clark and Lana are rather busy talking to there cows and horses to actually be there when Lex needs them. I'm glad Chloe picked up the slack.

autumngold
1st August 2006, 05:47
Great friendship piece, with perhaps a touch of something more?!! I really wish you'd continue this with more Chlex interaction dealing with other parts of the show!! Please!!!!

SianUrsula
1st August 2006, 19:05
Yeaaaah, that was great! And not too English at all. (Or 'Englishy' as you put it, tee hee). Poor old Lex and his crappy, pointless, dangerous marriages! Lucky Chloe's there to save the day!

Louie
3rd August 2006, 05:02
hello, loved this beginning. I thought Chloe was great, and though there is always some angst needed there is no need for to much.

kirt30
5th August 2006, 23:21
loved it

zazou
7th August 2006, 19:12
i want a update

gravelgerdie
9th August 2006, 23:23
Really cute.:)

Suzanne

~FuriousAngel!~
10th August 2006, 20:30
aww that was cute!!! i love his devilish ways thank you for this Khushiyan and is not silly NO WAY!

Can't wait for the next installment

~Sandry!~

khushiyan
15th August 2006, 12:08
hfce: i love 'cheer-up-Lex' Chloe. she's nearly as cute as snark chloe. :)

letia, exactly!! all lana and clark do is neigh or moo everywhere. seriously, when will they realise that lex is sooo much better than a cow. sure, he can't give a gallon of milk, but that what sainsbury's for!!!! :) mleh.

autumngold thank you autumn! i actually am planning to continue now, so yay!!

SianUrsula: yay, i tend to make some characters too British since i love Jane Austen's girls so end up making any girl Austeny. wow, maybe Chloe's his superhero?? ;)

Louie: aww thanks dear! i love angst, but for some reason, i'm in a non-angsty mood.. hmm..

kirt30 yay! i'm glad you liked it!

zazou: don't worry deary, i'm writing a sequel... or two.... sort of. i'll explain later.... but i've nearly finished number one...

gravelgerdie: thank you suzanne!!

~FuriousAngel!~ yay for the non-silliness!! and c'mon, Lex's devilish ways are what make him Lex..... :drool2: and again, writing a sort-of sequel.... sort of...... :)

thank you all for reviewing!! yay! i love reviews!! since season four is on tv right now (channel 4 in the UK, at around 3pm on sundays people....) i'm watching the eps and thinking of ways to make it chlexy... :) right now, i'm working on (and nearly finished) a chlex thing to the ep Devoted... mleh. :) so yay.

anyhoo, that'll be up later (right after this probably.. ) so stay tuned!!

ETA: here! is the sequel girls!! woot! (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=199593#post199593)

Ami Rose
10th February 2014, 11:16
awesome loved it