PDA

View Full Version : General Suggestions

Julie
17th July 2006, 03:29
If you have any suggestions for the main site or the forums, or whatnot, be sure to post them here and I'll consider them and see if I can't find a way to make it happen :)

newbatgirl
17th July 2006, 06:44
Some versions of message board software allow for a spell checker, either built in or external. Is that possible with the one used here? It's pretty helpful for those of us who can't type to save their lives. :grin3:

Julie
18th July 2006, 16:26
Some versions of message board software allow for a spell checker, either built in or external. Is that possible with the one used here? It's pretty helpful for those of us who can't type to save their lives. :grin3:
I believe I have seen a spell checker feature somewhere, I'll go look for it and take a closer look :)

Edit: There's a new version of vBulletin coming out soon, so I'll wait until I've done the upgrading before I add a spell checker. There's one out now, but that's for this version, and not the upcoming 3.6!

SianUrsula
4th October 2006, 01:42
I didn't know where else to put this message, but I've been to a dinner party this evening and I have returned to my computer a few champagnes into the wind and can't be bothered to find the exact thread that's probably more appropriate. So general suggestions it is...

Why has my post count gone down from the hundreds (ok, so maybe only like 110) down to 70? Did I do something wrong? Or is it a technical glitch I should ignore and live with? I know that I'm not the best poster in the world, but I've only been aware of this site a year and am trying to do better....

Dunno...

Julie
4th October 2006, 18:05
I didn't know where else to put this message, but I've been to a dinner party this evening and I have returned to my computer a few champagnes into the wind and can't be bothered to find the exact thread that's probably more appropriate. So general suggestions it is...

Why has my post count gone down from the hundreds (ok, so maybe only like 110) down to 70? Did I do something wrong? Or is it a technical glitch I should ignore and live with? I know that I'm not the best poster in the world, but I've only been aware of this site a year and am trying to do better....

Dunno...

Hi!

You most likely dropped in postcount because Zannie requested to have some of her fanfictions deleted (because she is using them for novels). :)

Zannie
4th October 2006, 22:44
You most likely dropped in postcount because Zannie requested to have some of her fanfictions deleted (because she is using them for novels). :)

Sorry, SianUrsula. I wish removing the stories hadn't affected so many people's post counts so much.

ChocolateChipCookie
11th October 2007, 22:08
This site is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I would like a skin in which Chloe and Lex actually make physical contact with one another. LOL!

Um... any talented people with passionate manipulations of the two?

I'm completely devoid of talent in this area so...

Humble request.

JinxAlmighty
26th March 2008, 16:57
Any chance for a Quote Wall? It could have a few sections, like favorite quotes from fanfiction, one for Smallville quotes (with proper credits, of course), things like that. Or does something like that already exist, and I've just been gone so long I don't realize it?

westwingwolf
2nd October 2008, 05:05
Julie, I remember before one of the board changes there was an arrow you could click for each thread and it would take you to the last post you made on the thread. It was very helpful if you were in the middle of reading posts and didn't want to chance missing one but also didn't want to have to go through the whole section to find the last place you stopped. Did that make any sense? And if so, is there any way to get the option back?

Julie
3rd October 2008, 22:01
Julie, I remember before one of the board changes there was an arrow you could click for each thread and it would take you to the last post you made on the thread. It was very helpful if you were in the middle of reading posts and didn't want to chance missing one but also didn't want to have to go through the whole section to find the last place you stopped. Did that make any sense? And if so, is there any way to get the option back?

It makes very much sense :) I remember that one well too, but I haven't found a plugin for this version of the board that does the same :/ I'm on the lookout everyday though! ;)

MASCH
9th June 2010, 20:59
Hi Julie,
I have a suggestion regarding the Lurker status. My Internet Explorer had NS opened in one of the tabs and kept signing me in everyday. Which meant I got kicked into lurker status, again, for failing to post. This leads me to a quick suggestion: since getting out of lurker mode involves us posting, can we have a temporary access to the fanfiction forum (i.e. 5 page count) in order to be able to post? And a warning informing us of this countdown would be helpful. Because being kicked out from the start sort of makes it hard to post and avoid being a Lurker :)
Thanks for considering this.

Julie
14th June 2010, 20:53
Hi Julie,
I have a suggestion regarding the Lurker status. My Internet Explorer had NS opened in one of the tabs and kept signing me in everyday. Which meant I got kicked into lurker status, again, for failing to post. This leads me to a quick suggestion: since getting out of lurker mode involves us posting, can we have a temporary access to the fanfiction forum (i.e. 5 page count) in order to be able to post? And a warning informing us of this countdown would be helpful. Because being kicked out from the start sort of makes it hard to post and avoid being a Lurker :)
Thanks for considering this.

Hi MASCH,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, you message got stuck in the moderation queue :)

How many times you sign in/out doesn't affect the lurker mode. It only kicks in when you haven't posted something in a while. This is something the system does automatically, by scanning all users who are either inactive or haven't posted in a while. I'm afraid there's no way to give lurkers a temporary access to the fanfiction forums, it's either all of nothing, that's the way the hack was coded and designed.

When you haven't posted in 25 days or more, there will be a notice (in yellow) notifying you that you're in danger of getting marked as a lurker.

I hope this answers your suggestions :)

Julie

niala85
24th July 2010, 12:13
Hi,

As I've been on vacation for over 30 days and not been online (internet access was sporadic and snails pace at best), I was reassigned to the lurker group.

I do like this rule and I think its brilliant. I was wondering if it was possible to get email notification before becoming a lurker. I know there is a notice but that's only if you visit and enter the site.

Thanks.

Julie
24th July 2010, 13:42
Hi,

As I've been on vacation for over 30 days and not been online (internet access was sporadic and snails pace at best), I was reassigned to the lurker group.

I do like this rule and I think its brilliant. I was wondering if it was possible to get email notification before becoming a lurker. I know there is a notice but that's only if you visit and enter the site.

Thanks.

At the moment I'm afraid no. I'll keep my eye out for a feature like this! :)

relizabeth
17th August 2010, 17:37
Hi what happen to the chlex headings ?

Julie
20th August 2010, 14:52
Hi what happen to the chlex headings ?

Hi, first of all, sorry it took so long to get your post approved!

Second, I just haven't had the time to sit down and look at it :/ I've been swamped at work, and I just don't have much energy left when I get home from work :(

It's a whole new system that I have to learn first, but it's on my ToDo list ;)

marrycherry
21st November 2010, 03:47
Hi,

Thanks.

that's a good idea (unlurking now!)

Artemis09
1st August 2011, 02:50
Hello! Its been a long time since I visited this site.
And I was just browsing through the GRAVEYARD FICS section, and was wondering why the fics there were not updated because some of them are real interresting and amazing.
I hope the authors will find some inspiration to continue their story. And wish all of them the best of luck.

P.S: I didn't know where to post this so, I hope that its alright that I posted it here.

Julie
1st August 2011, 08:09
Hello! Its been a long time since I visited this site.
And I was just browsing through the GRAVEYARD FICS section, and was wondering why the fics there were not updated because some of them are real interresting and amazing.
I hope the authors will find some inspiration to continue their story. And wish all of them the best of luck.

P.S: I didn't know where to post this so, I hope that its alright that I posted it here.

The stories that end up in the graveyard section are fanfictions that haven't been updated for 5 or more months, and in most cases they end up being not updated at all because either the author has lost interest, or the author isn't a member here any more.

mima
4th February 2012, 14:12
Hello!
I just have a tiny question. Have you considered having a mobile version of the forum?

Julie
8th February 2012, 13:59
Hello!
I just have a tiny question. Have you considered having a mobile version of the forum?

There should be a mobile version available, but there might be some settings missing after I had to restore the forums a couple of weeks back! I'll take a look at it ASAP! :)

justicea
13th February 2012, 02:58
I know why you have lurker status on the forum because you want people to participate. However, the one thing i do comment on is fanfiction and that is restricted when i get lurker status. Anyway we could change this? lol

cornelia
3rd April 2013, 14:16
I with Justicea. It is difficult to post when you have to post elsewhere first. Not complaining just a thought. Thanks for all the work on the sight =)