PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] If Only You Knew ... (Kinetic) *G/PG* - Complete

~*~Tasha~*~
14th June 2006, 14:58
http://www.dreamsandtreats.com/images/ifyouonlyknew01-banner.jpg

If You Only Knew ... (Kinetic)
~*~Tasha~*~

Story Summary: *G/PG* Just a short little ficlet set during Kinetic. Chloe has a late night visitor.

Author's Note: Not a fluffy ending, but not a bad one either. It sets things up as a what if situation, and maybe I’ll explore it in further episode ficlets. It is a rewrite of something that could have happened the first night Chloe was in the hospital.

Disclaimer: These characters, and some of the bits of dialogue, are the property of the WB, CW or whatever they are calling themselves now. A lot of time is involved in my writing, but your feedback is the only form of "payment" that I receive. I have only the hope that you will enjoy what I come up for our heroes, heroines, and villains.

'Single' quote marks surround thoughts in this story. "Regular" quotes are around spoken words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe Sullivan knew Lex Luthor was there, even if he thought she wouldn't notice. Her subconscious mind had raced around the entire time that her body was trying to shut down and heal. The only time she felt any peace was earlier when Lex came in to talk to Clark Kent. Although her body looked asleep, her mind was alert.

Chloe’s subconscious mind realized that Lex left before Clark had, but now he was back. She wondered why. She wondered if he realized what was between them like she did.

There was an electric current that surrounded Lex like an aura when he was present in a room. Chloe had felt the shock of it the first time they shook hands in the Torch's office. She'd noticed the tingle along her skin whenever his gaze lingered on her, like earlier in the night during their interrupted interview. She wondered if he felt it too.

Chloe always thought that her soul mate was Clark Kent. Although her crush for him still waxed on in poetic fashion, her secret dreams had lingered more on the bald Luthor heir lately. She was beginning to wonder who really was the man she belonged with … Clark or Lex? She knew it was a foolish dream, even more foolish than her crush on Clark, to think that someone like Lex would ever be interested in her. Her heart didn’t care though.

In some ways Chloe felt safer in his presence. In the back of her mind she knew that Lex Luthor would have fought with her attackers as fiercely as Clark would have. Knowing that he was near allowed her troubled and pain filled thoughts to relax again. She might have been mostly unconscious, but her mind knew where she was and what was going on.

‘If only he felt it too. If only he knew how I feel,’ Chloe thought before sleep claimed her again, finally able to find peace again in the night.

Lex Luthor stood along the fringes of Chloe’s hospital room. He was serious when he told Clark that he would do whatever he could to track down the people who hurt Chloe Sullivan. Despite his own monetary losses, he wanted the people responsible for her injuries to pay. Someone so beautiful, fiery and young should not have to suffer the pain that she was in.

No one affected Lex quite like Chloe Sullivan did. She wasn’t judgmental in a condescending way. It was true that she dug deeper into his business and private affairs than he’d liked, but she wasn’t doing it out of malice. She was just hell bent on finding the truth in every situation. He admired that in her, even if it was an inconvenience. Maybe she was the kind of person he needed to keep him from crossing that line into what should not be done.

As much as he cherished Clark’s friendship, he knew that the young man was influenced by Jonathan Kent’s prejudices. What son doesn’t want his father’s approval? It was something Lex knew he would never get from Lionel Luthor, and he’d given up trying to receive it. Nevertheless, it affected the way Clark looked at Lex at times. He saw the judgment and lack of trust in Clark’s eyes from time to time.

Many times in the last few months Lex wished that Chloe was just a little bit older. He held too great a respect for Gabe Sullivan to sully his daughter’s name, but if she were older he would have enjoyed dating the spitfire. She wouldn’t be like all the other women he’d taken to his bed and into his life. She’d challenge him at every step, but that fierce determination would also be his greatest ally when she fought on his side.

Lex had never been one to put faith and stock into soul mates, especially after the latest incident in his love life with Victoria Hedgewick. Although he knew it was just a game to Victoria, he still hoped that he would be proven wrong. He was tired of sex without love, an empty bed and an empty heart.

When Lex first looked at Chloe’s “Wall of Weird” he was amazed at the time and passion that went into the collection. The first touch of their hands sent a jolt through his body that he hadn’t expected. He saw the spark in her eyes, and he knew that his own eyes had to have a matching gaze. As quickly as it was there, it was gone, and he was left to wonder if he imagined it all.

The spark was there during their verbal judo match before Chloe’s accident. Clark could chastise Chloe all he wanted, but Lex was invigorated by the honest banter with the blonde. The smile on her face when he acknowledged their verbal judo match, hinted to him that maybe he wasn’t alone in knowing that something was there between them.

Lex stood in the shadows, but he watched over the angel in her bed diligently. If he could protect her, he would. If he could make her happy, he’d try to do it secretly. She had one to one and a half years until she’d be of legal age that he could approach Gabe about his daughter. A lot could happen in that time, but he hoped they wouldn’t be all that different by then. Until then he would watch this golden angel from a far and hope that their paths would cross again.

‘If only I could tell her. If only she knew how I feel.’

(The End)

Gaia
14th June 2006, 20:43
So sweet. You know you could make it into a longer version- creating a new reality and everything:D

Kit Merlot
14th June 2006, 21:39
Tasha, this was wonderful:D

The episode Kinetic is when I first became a Chlex fan. The way he leaned in and looked at Chloe and deliberately flirted with her was awesome!

And I loved his vow to keep her safe, and when the time was right, he'd ask Gabe about going out with her. SWEET!

Excellent work;)

hfce
15th June 2006, 17:12
Tasha that was great. ! :D

Hope :)

letia84
11th July 2006, 01:39
Awwww.... :wub: Tasha that was so sweet.

autumngold
12th July 2006, 00:18
Thank you for this great story!! I wish the writers of Smallville were as smart as you, Chlex makes so much more sense than Lex and Lana!! I really wish this story could have come true!!

starmoon
17th July 2006, 22:30
so sad and sweet i wish this is what they were really thinking during that time.

BellaMR
20th July 2006, 23:28
This is a beautiful story. I wish we could roll back time to those sweet innocent episodes.

trixie mcbimbo
21st July 2006, 01:45
This is an awesome story. And I kind of like the fact that Lex and Chloe didn't really wind up together at the end . . . it seemed very in character for Lex and Chloe, as well as Smallville. Great job!

Esther25jm
23rd July 2006, 06:31
I didn't even realize that I hadn't reviewed this here! My bad, hon!! Loved it the first time I read it--and def. the billion times since. I'm actually happy they didn't stay together in the ender cause it would've been too soon. But just as a reminder--please, I beg of you, write more episodic ones--continue with a slew of ficlets. Loved it!!

Ami Rose
17th July 2012, 02:52
So sweet