PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Through Another Man's Eyes (R)

letia84
30th May 2006, 05:43
Notes: In order for this to work I need everyone to know that Edgar Cole when he go out of jail didn’t hand over the stone to Dr. Swann's assistant Bridgette Crosby but kept and gave it to Lex since he got him out of jail. Things will take place after the episode Blank. Please let me know what you think of this so I can see if I should go on with it. I won’t be updating for a while but I will come back if you like it. To those that were reading it Lex & Chloe (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=188701#post188701) is complete so take a look.

Title: Through Another Man's Eyes
Author: Letia84
Rating: PG-13/R For adult language, some sexual content, and some violence
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. Own by DC and Warner Brothers
Summary: Lex is in possession of the kryptonian crystal Lionel used to switch bodies with Clark. Lex uses the crystal to switch bodies with Clark to understand how his father was suddenly cured of liver cancer. In Clark’s body Lex sees the world through another man’s eyes.

Chapter 1 The Exchange

“Have a seat Mr. Cole.” Lex motioned for Edgar Cole to have a seat in one of the plush leather sofas in his study. When he looked into Edgar Cole at Clark’s request to set him free Lex found something very interesting.

He pulled a few strings to get the some what crazed but brilliant mathematician out of jail. Edgar Cole appeared to be the only person that could transcribe the symbols on the cave walls. He was also in possession of and artifact that could be very beneficial to Lex’s search for the truth.

“Thank…thank…you Mr. Luthor.” Edgar took a few nervous steps into the room and took a seat. He stammered and stuttered over his words the entire length of their talk.

“Can I get you anything?” Lex asked him picking up his own drink taking a sip of scotch.

“No...no… makes me jittery.” Edgar placed down the tin box he was carrying and look rather uncomfortable.

Lex had Edgar working full time on the caves. He offered him his own lab in one of his Luthor Corp research buildings with unlimited resources for personal projects if he made his main priority decipher every symbol in the cave. It was a small price to pay to a man that gave him more answers about the symbols in the past few weeks then anyone in past three years.

Now he was going to hand over something Lex thought could be the key to the truth about everything he was searching going on four years.

“Is this the artifact?” Lex moved to take the tin box from Edgar's side of the coffee table and he flinched. If taking a drink would make him jittery Lex wonder how he was feeling right now.

“Why do you it? I mean…your father wanted out of jail but… why do you want it?” Edgar seemed more uneasy then ever and hunched over in his chair watching Lex closely as he opened the box.

Lex didn’t know what happened to his father but whatever happened it started and ended with what was inside the tiny tin container. He took out the black stone with a symbol from the cave wall on it that now knew was the symbol for water.

“I want so many things Mr. Cole.” Lex started to answer him and sat back in the leather arm chair eyeing the piece carefully. He studied every curve, ever angle, and the way the symbol was craved into the rock.

How this piece of rock placed Lionel into Clark’s body was beyond Lex’s ability to understand but after living an unexplained life for so many years he didn’t have to understand it because he believed in it. He believed that this rock had some sort of power to transfer one’s essence into another vessel and Lex had very particular vessel in mind.

“Yes…yes…we all want things Mr. Luthor but you…you have everything any man could ever…wa… want. Why would you want to use this to be…some… someone other then who you are?”

Lex looked at Edgar Cole and he was sweating slightly. His clothes were horribly wrinkled. Beads of sweat were pooling on his bald head and slowly falling down the side of his face. He wasn’t sure why but he was having an affect on this man.

Lex had come custom to be people taking a back in his presence and often being afraid of him. At some point in his life he became a man to be feared and it was idea he grew to enjoy. The more people that feared him the easier it was to keep them away.

Edgar's question wasn't and easy one to answer. Why wouldn’t Lex Luthor want to be someone else? Switching bodies with one man could answer so many of the unanswered questions in his life. On the outside his life may appear perfect but Lex knew better. There were things still slipping through his fingers that he wanted to grab a hold of before they got to far away.

Believing that he truly made a life here in Smallville was a naive thought. The only thing that changed was putting his father in jail to which he overturned the charges before he even served a year.

Taking over Luthor Corp was rewarding but it was no were near filling his life with all the things he wanted. His friendships with people almost six years younger then him were more complicated then with any one his own age.

Clark was constantly lying to him. No matter how Lex treated him or what he did to keep a friendship he treasured going, Clark still lied to him. It bothered him more then he liked that someone supposedly so honest and pure had everything Lex could never have.

Parents that loved and support him, friends that confined in him and people trusted him even looked to him for help. They believed him when Lex thought that everyone could see Clark was a liar and didn’t deserve the perfect life that he was given. He was grateful for all the times Clark saved his life but after all they had been through Clark never trusted him like he said he would by constantly hiding things from him.

Clark didn’t disserve a lot of things, especial the love of a certain woman that was another addition to the Lex Luthor of list of things he wanted but could never have.

“Mr. Cole lets just say that there are things that can only be understood by looking through another man’s eyes.”

Edgar grinned at him twitching a bit in his chair then nodding several times. “It not my business what you do…but I will tell you like I told...your…your father… it’s not forever. Soon you will revert back…back into your body. The only way it can be permanent is to..kil..kill..kill your own body so you don’t have a place to go back to.”

“Who said I was going to use this on myself?” Lex lied to him and didn’t need anyone in on his plans. He had a select staff that he trusted and no one outside of that knew his plans. He had to have a back up to take care of his body while he was away from it.

He had to know what happen to his father when Clark was inside of him. He was out of jail and was acting as if he was a changed man. His liver cancer was gone as if it never existed. Lionel said he didn't remember but Lex would ensure he did once he switched back.

Whatever secret Clark was hiding this could be his way to find them out. Just looking through Clark Kent's eyes could answer everything he was never able to. There was also the chance to have everything Lex wanted but could never, even if it was for a limited time.

“If that’s all I would like to go…back to work. I have been making some progress…progress and want to give you the data in a few weeks..” Edgar got up from his seat and Lex stopped him with one last question.

“That’s good to hear but one more question. Other then reverting back without the stone can one reverse back with the stone at anytime?”

“Yes…yes!” Edgar replied louder then he should have. “Just touch the hand of the person you want and… then you…are them and they… are you and you can... can go back at anytime but you will revert back with or without…the…the stone.”

“Thank you Mr. Cole. You have made a fine addition to my staff.” Lex stood placing the stone back into the tin box. He shook Mr. Cole’s hand letting him leave at last.

Alone in his study Lex already had a plan. If he was going to do this then things would have to work smoothly. Clark would instantly know he was in his body and he would have to hide it.

Lex was prepared to do something’s that wasn’t exactly the right thing. If he wanted to find the truth then he would have to do this because Clark would never tell him. He would lie and cover things and the lies were taking there toll on Lex. How Clark showed up at the right time and always managed to save the day without ever explaining himself was driving him to do this. Lex was done waiting for Clark to believe he was worthy enough to know the truth.

As Clark Lex could move freely around the people that loved him the most. His attempts to get the truth from Lana could be easily persuaded if he was in Clark’s body. Martha and Jonathan would welcome him into their home and they might slip in letting the secret go.

His last hope if he had to do it was to get what he need from Chloe. Chloe could have all the answers that he’s been searching for. At one time he could have simply ask her for the truth and she would have given it but not now.

Not after the way Lex treated her.

Not after he kissed her then forgot about her all this time.

A kiss he never fully recovered from and one he tried to cover up with another woman. The week before she went missing and was later found by Clark before the trial Lex did something he shouldn't have but maybe he was wrong. In Clark’s body he could learn everything he wanted to know about Chloe Sullivan.

Lex picked up his glass of scotch and prepared him self for Clark’s arrival. He called him earlier that morning requesting he stop by after school today. That night Lex would exchange lives for one day with Clark Kent.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

By the time Clark arrived Lex was well behind ready for the exchange. It was around eight when the farm boy showed up in his study unannounced as all ways.

“Lex?” Clark’s loud voice rang out through the room and Lex was sitting right at his desk and there was no need for him to shout.

He was holding the stone in his pocket and a glass of scotch plus something special mixed in to the drink. If he timed things just right he would be drinking from his glass and before Clark could realize what happen the drugs in his glass would have knocked him out.

For one day Clark would be sound asleep in his body and Lex would switch them back before he woke up. His researcher perfected the drug in his glass over the last year and Lex wouldn't take it if hadn’t been heavily tested. Once he drank from the glass he had three minutes until he drifted off in to a deep sleep.

“Clark come in.” Lex got up from his chair the stone resting in his pocket and he quickly downed the remaining scotch in his glass. He glanced at his watch and the time started as soon as he swallowed.

“What did you want to see me about?” Clark was dressed in his signature flannel and jeans. He was so unsure of him self when ever he came to see Lex and he could read it so well. After Clark found his room detailing all the unexplained events in his life Clark never came by without a worried look in the corner of his eye.

“Clark I just want to ask you a few questions about what happened with you and my father while he was you and you were him.” Lex glanced at his watch again and he was a minute in.

Clark glanced away and that worried look shifted in to a bit of panic. “Clark I just want to know if you remember anything now that sometime has passed since the event.” Lex moved in on him getting closer to him trying to reassure him that this wasn’t and integration even though it was.

He hunched his shoulders and moved back from Lex slightly. “I told you everything I knew when it happened. That’s been months ago don’t you believe me?”

‘No I don’t believe you lying son of a bitch’ Lex silenced his true feelings in his mind before he answer glancing at his watch again two minutes in.

“I believe you I just want to know if you may have recalled anything. My father said the same thing but he’s also displayed some usual behavior and I think you influenced the change.”

“We talked about this already Lex. Maybe your father has changed since he was in jail. People do that don’t they?” Clark relaxed a bit and Lex could see him easing into his lies and better yet getting the attention off him completely.

“I guess people can change but I have my doubts when it comes to my father.” Lex rested his hand in his pocket and locked the stone around his fingers.

“Lex is that all you wanted?” Clark eyes squinted and he seemed to be unsure as to why he was there but soon it would all be revealed.

Lex inched back closing the distance Clark put between them. They had to be well with in the final seconds and Lex was starting to feel the effects of the drugs. “I just hope you and I have changed Clark. That you trust me more these days.”

“Sure Lex.” Clark gave him that all American boy grin and Lex did value his friendship but Clark would never truly let him because he didn’t trust him.

Tonight he would give him a reason not to.

“Let’s shake on it then…to our second chance.” Lex held his hand out to him and it was a little shaky. The drugs were starting to work and he had to do this now.

Clark's smile grew ear to ear and he extended his hand towards Lex. Lex took his large hand into his own and moved in to embrace him. While his attention was away from his hand Lex pulled the stone from his pocket and it was resting in the palm of his hand.

“I hope one day you will trust me enough to tell me the truth Clark but I guess today is not that day.” Lex spoke close to his ear and his hand on the stone was close to Clark's hand gripping his. He had the chance to stop this before he did something he could never take back and may never be forgive for but he pushed it down and did what he had to do.

“I’ll just find out for myself.” Lex spoke to him pulling away placing the stone on to Clark’s hand still locked with his. Both of Lex’s hands closed around Clark and there was nothing Clark could do to stop the transference.

Lights flashed around them and Lex was about to pass out from the drugs and closed his eyes. When he opened them again he wasn’t were he was standing moments ago.

He didn’t feel his expensive shoes on his feet, he didn’t feel the warm fabric of his dark purple shirt he put on that morning and he didn’t feel the cool air in the room rushing over his bald head. When he reached for his smooth scalp he ran his fingers through a full head of hair.

Lex breathed out several times and looked down at the ground in front of him. He was looking at him self collapsed on the ground. “Clark?” Lex questioned quietly and didn’t hear his low husky voice but the voice of Clark Kent.

He breathed out a few more times feeling like everything he did was in slow motion. He looked at his hands, his arms covered in flannel, and he reached for his face touching the curves of Clark’s cheeks. Somehow it worked and now he was seeing everything as Clark would.

Lex was in Clark’s body and now he had his chance to find out the truth he disparately needed to hear.

TBC

Chapter 2 Not Myself

hfce
30th May 2006, 06:02
Oh Letia this is good. I can't wait to see what Lex learns in Clark's body. More please... :beg:

Hope ;)

lj715
30th May 2006, 06:16
WooHoo!!!!! Love the new fic! Can't wait to find out what happens next!!!!!

newbatgirl
30th May 2006, 07:06
I for one can't wait to see where this goes. I like the intensity of Lex's character in this.

Alizaleven
30th May 2006, 08:44
wow, i can't wait to see what happens in this story. I wonder what Lex is going to do in Clark's body

Krysia
30th May 2006, 10:46
It's a great idea for a story, although I feel a little bad for Lex. It seems like one of the circles of Hell to spend time with Lana in Clarks body. I can't wait to see his interaction with Chloe, eventhrough it will mean some pain for her. Clark, or Lex in his body, puling her chain again. More please.

pipersmum
30th May 2006, 11:21
wow that was a great start. I wonder if Chloe will be able to tell it's not Clark??? I can't wait to find out :)

welshy
30th May 2006, 13:08
That was an interesting start, I hope there's going to be more soon :)

planetcal
30th May 2006, 16:43
Great start can't wait to read more soon! Please update when you can.

senay-jor
30th May 2006, 22:58
Please update soon...this is interesting.

Augustine86
31st May 2006, 02:44
In the Words of the great Madame Giry: "Promising talent, monsieur, very promising"

So, basically, keep it up and all that. I'm already very hooked!

wheresthefig
31st May 2006, 04:59
Very good start! I need another update. :D

tiger04
1st June 2006, 00:02
That was a really good start. I can't wait to see what Lex does as Clark. Hope you will update soon.

AT

letia84
1st June 2006, 06:20
Notes: I fucked up. I hate season four and I went back to do a bit of research and saw that Lionel went back to being bad if that’s what you want to call it at the end of Onyx so if I start at Blank then he is bad again. I don’t think it will be a crucial point to what I have going but we shall see. Thank you all for the feedback. I’m feeling the pressure now to make this one good. I will do my best and I hope you like this next installment. On with the show.

Chapter 2 Not Myself

Lex had to adjust to his surroundings in his new body. He felt like if he moved to quickly he might go through the floor in his study. Taking the steps around his body Lex went for the phone to call in the guard and doctor waiting for is signal to come in. He told them it was time and they already had strict instruction on what was to be done.

If at anytime something went wrong with his body Lex wanted to be informed immediately. He had no desire to live the rest of his life in the body of a farm boy. Clark may be respected and he may be loved by the people around him but Lex never wanted to be him.

He would admit that he wanted the things in Clark's life that were lacking in his own but he didn’t want to be Clark. Lex never wanted to be someone that lied and missed used his friends. He never wanted to be someone that brought him closer to being more like his father.

His staff walked into the study to find him hovering over his own body. Lex was still in a bit of shock that he was really Clark now.

“Mr. Luthor?” The doctor was leaning in trying to get his attention off of his own body. He told her what he would look like but it was obvious she was still unsure.

“Yes, it’s me.” Lex answered her looking at her finally seeing the guard close behind her. Lex moved Clark’s hand to his throat rubbing over his vocal cords. It was strange hearing Clark’s voice instead of his own but he would have to get use to it.

“What is the code word sir if it is you?” The woman moved down to the body checking his body's pulse and Lex was just staring.

It was like he was dreaming seeing him self unconscious but knowing that Clark was in control of him. It was a thought he didn’t like. At any moment being out of control was unbearable but he would have to push his feelings aside if he wanted to learn the truth.

“Sir the code word?” The woman was facing Lex now shaking him to look at her.

Lex took in a deep breath and turned his attention to her. He gave them a simple code to know that it was him when they arrived. “Ab Origine” He said speaking in Latin. The phrase meant ‘from the source’ and the words sounded ridiculous with Clark Kent’s inflection on the few Latin words.

Lex had to get a grip on him self. He had to go to the Kent's and he couldn’t walk in there the way he was now. Attempting to shake of the shock and feel more like himself Lex went for the bar behind him for a quick drink.

With the glass in his hands and the single malt waiting to be drank he reconsider. He was an eighteen year old boy and going home to over protective parents’ with one hint of alcohol Martha and Jonathan would know something was wrong. His father would have shrugged off the scent of scotch when he was at that age but over the years Lex learned the Kents actually cared about their son and worried about his well being.

“Sir from a quick assessment it appears your body is fine. We will move it now and if there are any changes we well call you.” The doctor was right in front of him again looking at Lex holding the glass in his hands debating on having the drink.

Lex placed the glass down and cleared his throat preparing not to hear his own voice again. “Good. I’ll leave my body in your care doctor and if anything happens to it you will regret it.”

“Of course Mr. Luthor.” Her voice was shaky after being threaten and Lex still had an unspoken power over people in Clark’s body. The knowledge put him more at easy and it reassured him that he was still him. Taking over Clark’s form hadn’t taken away who he was.

“Hand the stone over to me.” Lex instructed the doctor walking back to the body while the guard started to maneuver it to be moved up into the south wing of the manor. The south wing was rarely used and it would be less likely for any one to go on that side of manor and find him.

She did as she was told and Lex had the stone then he watched them take his body away and had to trust that he paid them enough and there was enough fear in them to protect his body at all cost.

Now that his body was taken care of Lex grab the cell phone sitting on his desk and the only people with the number was the doctor and the guard that just left the room. This cell phone would be his life line if anything happened to his body.

With the two items that Lex need in his hands he was prepared to go home to his parents.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Lex arrived at the Kent farm a little after nine that evening and he started to have second thoughts about what he had to do. Right now if he had to see the Kent’s he may blow it and give away that he wasn’t Clark. He didn’t think he would get all the answers from them right away but he still had to act the part unitl he got them.

Getting out of the car Lex placed the car keys that Clark left in the ignition of the truck into his pocket. Resting in his back pocket was the stone and hidden in the other was the cell phone. Clark had nothing in his pocket not even a wallet which seemed rather odd.

Standing at the front door Lex placed his hand on the door knob and heard laughter coming from inside. He looked through the glass window covered with white drapes and he could make out Jonathan and Martha sitting on the sofa in the family room. He saw them holding each and they were both smiling.

Lex swallowed hard and prepared to lie to them, he prepared to act as their son, hoping they would fall for it then tell him what he wanted to hear. He turned the knob and the door was unlocked. Leaving keys in the car and an unlocked front door seemed foolish. The Kents had to much trust in people and should be more cautious of the small town they lived in.

“Clark is that you?” Before Lex had the door completely opened he heard Martha calling out.

He didn’t know how to answer her. A simple yes could have done it but what would Clark say to her, how would Clark greet his parents? Lex was just standing there with the door ajar and one foot in the house.

“Son is that you?” Jonathan's voice rang out and it sounded closer then Martha’s did a moment ago. Lex would have to open the door now but he didn’t get a chance to because Jonathan opened it for him. “Well get in here. Don’t just stand there its cold out.” Jonathan moved his arm around Clark's shoulders smiling at him and Lex returned it with a weak grin.

“How was your visit with Lex?” Martha questioned him moving into the kitchen area. She was smiling at him and it was little unnerving. Lex started to wonder did Clark’s parents always welcome him home like this.

Still unsure of what say and Jonathan clutching to him Lex tried to squirm away from him. Jonathan took the hint and let him go. Looking over at him Lex could see a concern look rising in his eyes and he had to say something now.

“It was fine…mom.” He added the mom looking at Martha and she was showing signs of the same concerned look.

“Good?” Martha answered him as if she was unsure of her self looking over at Jonathan.

“He didn’t want anything important did he?” Jonathan replied moving next to his wife and now they were both staring at him.

Lex had to snap out of this. If they were going to tell him anything he had to make them think he was Clark. “No he just wanted to ask me some questions?”

“About what?” Martha spoke to him reaching for his arm for comfort.

All this touching was getting to Lex and he didn’t see why they keep doing it. He did something he thought Clark would do and walked towards the fridge opening the door to look in side for something, for what he didn’t know but something to distract him from their faces and embraces.

He had to answer her and looking into the fridge he just told her the truth. “He wanted to know about Lionel and when we changed bodies.” Lex still not knowing what he was looking for turned his head to the left and Jonathan was standing right in front of him. He closed the fridge and stood up right to face his now father.

“I don’t know why you continue to trust him Clark. He only wants the stones for him self. For his own fame and glory. He doesn’t care about what they mean.” Jonathan finished insulting him and Lex was tired of trying to prove himself worthy of Jonathan Kent's trust.

Over the years he had done everything to try and help the Kent family and Jonathan never gave him a second thought because of who he was. Lex didn’t want the stones for his own personal gain. He wanted to understand his life here in Smallville and felt those caves held so many answers for him. If the stones connected then he wanted to know how.

“Maybe I don’t want to punish Lex just because we don’t agree with his father.” Lex answered him and the words rushed out of him harder and harsher then he meant.

“I’m not punishing anyone son. I’m calling it as I see it and I don’t want you hurt by him once you realize who he really is.” Jonathan moved in on him touching his shoulder gripping at it getting his point across.

Another touch from him and Lex didn’t react to it as he should have this time. He jerked about away from him and almost knocked Jonathan back. “What about everything Lex has done for this town? For our family? Are you going to hate him forever because he made one mistake.” Lex referred to his secret room as if he would know what he meant and knew it was the source of many of Jonathan's problems with Lex these days.

“Lex Luthor is a…” Jonathan was going to go on and Martha stopped him.

“Honey please.” She moved in on them staring at her husband and Lex wasn't sure why but it was like it wasn't the first fight like this between Clark and Jonathan she had to break up. “You both make good points but Jonathan we have to trust Clark’s judgment here. If he thinks Lex has changed then we have to accept that.” She touched Jonathan’s cheek stroking it twice with the back of her palm.

“I’m sorry. I just worry about you son. Your search for these stones has been so dangerous. I want to make sure your careful.” Jonathan moved in on him and Lex thought he was going to hug him. Before he could stop him he was embracing him patting him on the back.

Lex stood still for a moment getting a hug from a man that hated him then he had to shake it off and hug him back. “I understand…dad.” He added the dad at the end and it came out as a question instead of a certainty.

“Do you mind helping me out in the morning?” He changed gears on him pulling back from him giving him that same smile from when he entered the house then moved back to stand with Martha.

“Sure.” Lex answered him and he thought quick one word responses were the easiest way to get through this.

“Good. I’ll see you at eight.”

Lex squinted his eyes at him and wasn’t sure he heard him right. School started at eight thirty and he didn’t see how he could help him out with whatever he wanted on the farm in a half and hour. “Shouldn’t I get up sooner? Like seven or six?”

They both laughed at him like he said the most ridiculous thing they ever heard. “Not the way you work son. Eight will be fine.” Jonathan tapped his shoulder twice then wrapped his arm around Martha's waist. “Your mother and I are going to bed.” Jonathan looked down at her kissing her cheek quickly, starting to lead them towards the stairs.

Lex didn’t know what was happening or what their laughter was about but all he could see was the two of them sharing another kiss on their way to the stairs. They both paused for a moment looking into each other's eyes and it almost gutted Lex to see them this way.

He ran through his mind ever seeing his mother and father in a casual embrace smiling at each then sharing a loving moment in front of him and he couldn’t find one. There were plenty of memories of his father lecturing Lillian, yelling at her and never apologizing for any of it but, putting blame on her for making him do what he did.

Searching through his time with his mother before she died there wasn’t one time he saw his mother smile at Lionel the way Martha was smiling at Jonathan at that moment.

“Clark I almost forgot...” Martha was looking back at him snapping him out of the bad memories he was recalling. “… Chloe called and said to call her back once you got home.”

“Chloe?” Lex said her name but had no control over how loud it was.

“Yes, Chloe.” He could see the concerned look return to her eyes. Lex felt tense from the look he was giving her. “Are you all right? You’re acting a little stranger then normal.” Martha was walking back into the kitchen waiting for him to say something.

“I’m fine.” He said to her trying to act as if nothing could be wrong when everything was wrong.

“Okay.” She said reluctantly then moved in on him just like Jonathan did to bring him into an embrace.

Lex didn’t know it till just now but he needed that hug. The hug was warm, soft and loving like only a mother could give. She didn’t let go right away and she sighed in his arms completely relaxed and content to be holding on to her son. Lex knew that they loved Clark, that they would do anything for him but right now he was getting a taste of those feeling first hand.

“Don’t stay up all night talking to her.” Martha moved away from him and Lex had to force himself to let her go. He watched her move back to Jonathan and they walked up the stairs together.

His hands moved through Clark’s thick head of hair and he had to get his focus back. Lex never wanted to hurt the Kents. His intentions were to never do anything that might hurt them and at the moment he felt like he was.

In Clark’s body he was getting a taste of what it could be like to have them as his parents and it was a thought he couldn’t get use to. He was there for the truth and it didn’t matter what he was feeling because they lied to him, they didn’t trust him, they never allowed him the chance to be someone they could trust by judging him and they made up their minds about him over one incident.

Getting his drive back Lex knew what he had to do in the morning and getting the truth was all that matter right now but there was something still lingering. Martha told him Chloe called Clark and so many bad things started to fill his mind about her.

Why did she call Clark? Why did Martha say not to talk to her all night? Was it something he did often? What could Chloe want from Clark at this hour of the night? Was she going to come over if he called? Was she wanting for him to come and see her?

The most pressing question right now was what Lex was going to do about returning the call. If he didn’t she might get up set but she wouldn’t be up set with him but with Clark and once he was out of his body he wouldn’t have to deal with it.

Then there was the chance for him to talk to her, to hear her voice and not have to have a reason for the call.

Lex moved into the family room staring at the cordless phone resting on the side table. He coiled his hands around it and pulled it off the base. It wasn’t like he didn’t know the number to Gabe Sullivan’s home or the number to Chloe’s cell phone but, if he dialed it the uncertainty of what she could say was terrifying.

Lex turned on the phone and started to dial the Sullivan home number then stopped. It was a Thursday and Chloe might not be home yet. If her behaviors hadn’t change since last year then she would be in the Torch office working on the Friday edition.

Turning on the phone a second time Lex started to dial the number to her cell phone. He finished punching in the numbers and put the phone to his ear. The ring was deafening and he felt his heart jump into his throat at the thought of hearing her voice.

The last time he saw her was when Clark had his brush with amnesia and even then he couldn’t handle it then. He asked her leave and it was to get at Clark with his mind wiped clean but he had to get her out of his sight.

“I was wondering if you’d call me back Kent.” Chloe answered the phone and the woman just couldn’t say a simple hello.

Lex was waiting for the sound of her voice but hearing it was another thing. He wasn’t him and couldn’t talk to her like he normally would. He was Clark, she was expecting to hear from Clark and he had to act as if.

“What did you want?” He got right to the point, trying to sound calm and normal but it was easy for anyone to hear the wavering tone of Clark’s voice.

“Are you doing all right?” She answered him and her voice seemed weaker then before. She was showing a real concern for Clark and it was a serious blow to Lex that she cared for Clark so much and would never care for him that way.

“I’m fine.” Lex said to her using the same phrase for the third time that night.

“Okay.” He heard some rustling in the background and it had to be her moving papers.

“What can I expect from tomorrow's edition?” The questioned seemed will placed and Lex hoped it would get her back on track that everything was okay.

“You will have to wait and see but I think its pretty good.” More papers rustling in the background then he heard a crunch. “Sorry… I didn’t get dinner. Give me one second.”

She went away from the phone and Lex had no idea what she was doing. Papers moving about, more crunching then she was back on the line clearing her throat. "Okay I’m back. I was just calling to ask for my pictures back.”

“Pictures?” Lex answered her not knowing what she wanted.

“You know the horrid prom pictures. I lent you the CD of the pictures my photographer took that night. I know you wanted the pictures of you and Lana.”

Lex knew now what she meant and Clark had to want pictures of Lana. Pictures that were of little interest to Lex. “Right prom pictures.” Lex answered with assurance then said something he shouldn’t have. “You didn’t look horrid.”

“Oh I didn’t? I wouldn’t know you never said how I looked.” She sounded angry about what he said.

Lex stiffed up again and didn’t think he said something out of line. Of course Clark had to tell Chloe she looked nice in her prom dress but then again he was dense when it came to Chloe.

"I should have told you..." He had to cover this up but just made it worse. “...you looked beautiful.”

“Well thanks. I guess getting possessed didn’t take away too much from my dress.”

“What?” Lex yelled into the receiver. “You were possessed?”

She let off and aggravated sigh before answering him. “Yeah… you were the one that saved me. Don’t you remember? Not my finest moment getting crowned queen but at least I got a tiara.” The knowledge that Clark saved her wasn’t surprising of course. He saved people and it was the one thing Clark was always good for.

Lex had to get himself together yet again. He was making the conversation last longer then it should and learned things about her life he had no right to know anymore.

He didn’t understand what she meant by possessed but hoped it wasn't something like what was happening with Lana. Then he didn’t know that she was prom queen and that the moment was stolen from her. There were few things that came easy to Chloe and Lex knew pushing her away would make at least one thing in her life easier.

He had to cut this conversation before he put his foot into his mouth anymore that night. “I’ll remember to bring the CD tomorrow.”

“Good. Come by the Torch.”

“Good bye Chloe.” Lex thought that was it, that it was the end but she said something else.

“You don’t have to rush me off the phone. I’m okay with you starting things up again with Lana. She said you guys have been spending sometime together.”

Apparently Jason was a thing of the past and Clark was trying again but how this could affect Chloe he was sure Clark didn’t care to question. She was spending so much time with Clark when she returned from hiding Lex assumed Chloe went back pining for something anyone could see, she would never have.

“What’s happening with me and Lana…” Lex started and knew he shouldn’t keep going but he went ahead anyway. “…it won’t jeopardize our friendship. I know sometimes you think I don’t appreciate our friendship but I do.”

“Well…” She said and seemed taken aback by his words. “Thanks for that Clark. I have been feeling rather comfortable with the friendship we have now and I’m glad we could get back to it after what I did.”

“What you did?” Lex had to know what she was talking about and didn’t care how he sounded just now.

“What do I have to spell it out for you? Me throwing my self at you.”

“You threw your self at him?” Lex saw it all so clearly. Chloe coming to Clark dressed in one of her low cut tops, smiling at him seductively, moving into kiss him by planting her hands on his firm chest and giving her body to him.

In Clark’s body right now Lex imagined all the things Chloe could have done trying to draw his attention to her, something she shouldn't have to do if Clark had a working pair of eyes and Lex now knew he did.

“At him?” Chloe’s voice was back to the concern one from before and Lex didn’t realize he referred to Clark as if he wasn’t him right now.

“I mean me. You threw your self at me." He repeated the statement not really wanting to because it shot those images of Chloe's tiny frame pressing it self into Clark, her breast rubbing against him, then her lips moving toward his mouth. The images were making his stomach turn.

“We already talked about this. It was the water besides I really think it was me falling back into something safe.”

“Safe?”

“Well... its easier to just think of you then to think of what I really want…I shouldn’t have said that.” She gave something away just now that Lex didn’t think Clark even knew about.

“Its okay Chloe we are friends you can tell me.” With Clark’s soft voice he tried to easy her into finishing the thought.

“It’s nothing. I don’t really want to talk about it. It just brings up things that were never really there in the first place at least not for him.”

There was someone she wanted. Lex didn't think he could take much more of this conversation with Chloe. The sound of her voice was wearing him down but knowing that she was no longer interested in Clark and presumable interested in someone else that wasn’t returning her feelings wasn’t what he wanted to hear but, now had to know everything about.

He wasn’t Clark but being Clark now he could find out. He could learn everything he wanted to know right now. “Chloe maybe your wrong this person could feel something for you.”

“Ha.” She chuckled for a moment before she went on. “He doesn’t even know I exist anymore. He’s far to busy for a child like me.”

The word child was sticking out like a sore thumb. Clark wouldn’t pick up on what it meant but Lex did immediately. He mistakenly called her a child after he kissed her and it was something he wished he could take back. She was talking about him and Lex wanted to believe it, need to believe it and wanted to hear her say it.

It would give him peace of mind that he wasn’t the only one thinking about what happened that night at the safe house. He wasn’t the only on lying awake at night wondering what the other was doing. He wasn’t the only one longing for something that he didn’t think the other wanted anymore.

Lex was only Clark for a few hours and he could be reaping the benefits of the exchange in a few moments knowing what he wanted to know about Chloe’s feelings for him.

“Do you want to tell me who he is?” The question came out with uncertainty and he hoped she would answer it honestly, trusting her friend.

“Clark lets just say you have your secrets and I have mine.” The answer was dead on but Lex wasn't defeated yet.

“Maybe it doesn’t have to be that way anymore. We can start confiding in one another like we use to.” At this point Lex wasn’t thinking as Clark he was thinking as himself and wanted to selfishly know who this person was even if it blew is cover. Even if it wasn't him.

“So your ready to solve for me the mystery that is Clark Kent.”

“Well not exactly…” Lex was going to go on but she was cutting in on him.

“It’s just like I thought. Clark it sounds good that you appreciate that we are good friends. It sounds good that you want to start telling each other the truth about things but you have to be a willing to participate. I won’t spill my guts to you and get nothing back.”

There was a long pause and Lex was at lost of where to go from here. Clark had dug this hole for himself by lying to everyone even to people he deemed important to him.

“I think your silence speaks volumes. I have to go so bring the CD by and I’ll see you tomorrow Clark.”

“Chloe wait.” Lex stopped her but didn’t really have anything Clark like to say so he said what he wanted to say. “Whom ever this person is that you have… feelings for shouldn't have anything that important getting in the way of my…I mean him returning those feelings.”

“I guess so Clark but he would have to have those feelings to return them. I have to go... bye.” She rushed through her good bye this time and hung up before letting him speak again.

Lex placed the phone back on its base and he wasn’t himself at all that night. Being in Clark gave him the freedom to enjoy things he normally couldn’t. He had parents that showed how much they loved him. He had some inkling that Chloe wasn’t hating him secretly for treating her they why he had the past year.

Tomorrow morning there were so many things Lex could do. Clark Kent would tell him everything he wanted to know while he hid inside his body.

TBC

Chapter 3 Slip Up

planetcal
1st June 2006, 08:51
I can't wait to see what Lex does when he see's Chloe tomorrow!!! Thanks for the update!!! Please update again soon.

Gaia
1st June 2006, 11:50
Hmmm... I do hope that Lex won't kiss Chloe while being in Clark's body. It would only mess things up more. But it was a great update!
Lex kissed Chloe...now that is good to know:D

Krysia
1st June 2006, 13:00
Lex didn’t know it till just now but he needed that hug. The hug was warm, soft and loving like only a mother could give. She didn’t let go right away and she sighed in his arms completely relaxed and content to be holding on to her son. Lex knew that they loved Clark, that they would do anything for him but right now he was getting a taste of those feeling first add.

This part just broke my heart. I feel so bad for Lex. Sometimes he jsut seems like a lost little boy trying to be all strong, although the only thing he ever wanted was love. I'm afraid that his time with the Kents will be so bitter sweet.
I loved his talk with Chloe. The whole time they were talking I kept waiting for her to get suspicious that something was going on. I can't wait to see what happens next.

pipersmum
1st June 2006, 15:48
WOW another update already! It must be hard for Lex to have to think about everything he wants to say!! I can't wait for 8am when he discovers what he is capable of!!! Then Lex back at school woohoo :D

lj715
1st June 2006, 21:20
WooHoo!!!!! Love this update. Can't wait until morning & Lex finds out all the little things Clark can do. This is too good.

newbatgirl
2nd June 2006, 02:16
This whole chapter was awesome but I particularly liked the interaction with the Kents. Very well done. I love seeing that side of Lex!

I also liked how swift Chloe was about him even though the convo was on the phone. That's my girl!

hfce
2nd June 2006, 03:23
That was a great update. But Lex has got to get it together or he will be caught. He almost blew it with the parents and Chloe. ;)

Hope :)

letia84
2nd June 2006, 08:01
Notes: I stopped playing the crazy Vagina Game :grin3: to give you this update. I have to say it was hard to do but I stopped and now I can go back. This is my last update for awhile (for real this time). Thank you for the feedback and on with the show.

Chapter 3 Slip Up

There was very little for Lex to do now that Chloe had shown him to the door, saying her good byes. Gabe had gone to bed hours ago and he promised not to keep his daughter up all night but some how the hours flew by while they watched a movie. Than had a long discussion on how bad Identity was and how easy it would have been for Chloe to figure out who the killer was.

She wasn’t being her usual snarky self. She spoke about the movie and didn’t seem to be in a bad mood or up set with him but several times that night an argument she would have normally never let go, she did. Chloe was sitting unusually close to him on the small sofa in the room where the television was set up and he could have sworn a few times during the night she was staring at him but he could have been mistaken because he was staring at her.

It wasn’t that he didn’t enjoy his time with Chloe the past three months but something was happening that was very unsettling. The seventeen year old girl in front of him understood him more then anyone in his life right now and at that very moment, at the door leading out of the safe house she’d been hidden in Lex was forcing him self to leave and not stay with her.

He had to leave right now for fear of slipping up and letting everything he was feeling come rushing out like a flood.

Chloe actually seemed nervous when he got there. It was something he was noticing after his last few visits to check on her and Gabe. He had people watching the house but preferred to check on them himself from time to time. In a selfish way he hoped his presence was a comfort to Chloe when she had no one else but her father to turn to.

It was selfish because he wanted to be that person for her and didn’t want any one else interfering in that role, especially Clark. His quest to understand the caves took him away from Chloe for long periods of time and he always feared one day soon Clark would figure out she wasn’t really dead and come looking for her.

Lex felt guilty that she had to be here because of making a deal with the wrong man. He wanted nothing more then to get back at his father and put him in a place where he couldn’t cause anymore damage but at the cost of Chloe’s life wasn’t something he wanted apart of the plan. It was too late for all of that now because the trial was in one week and Lex had kept his word by protecting her.

Her strength and convention to go through with testifying was something he admired but night after night Lex would try and talk her out of it the same way he did days before she had to disappear. Even if his father was put in jail Lex wasn’t naive enough to think that his father would just forgive and forget.

In his heart of hearts Lex knew that protecting Chloe would be his job for the rest of her life, a job he wouldn’t mind having.

He looked at her patting down her messy hair from leaning on his shoulder towards the end of the movie then he watched her eyes drift to the door behind him. “You’re sure you don’t need anything or your father?” Lex asked her the same questions every time he came by before he left. She would normally roll her eyes and shove him out the door but tonight she was acting so strange.

“No, we are fine. This will all be over soon and you won’t have to worry about me anymore.” She looked away from as she spoke as if there was something important on the floor at her bare feet.

This wasn’t the Chloe he grew to know staring off at the ground acting as if she was unable to speak to him. She was bold and put him in his place more times then he would like. It was something he did admire, seeing as how she was the only person he met in Smallville that would come bursting into his manor demanding things from him and not leaving till she got them.

He wanted to tell her that he would always worry about her knowing his father could do anything to her at anytime but he couldn’t say it. It was letting go too much allowing Chloe to know how he really felt about everything that had happen that year. She never once looked worried or afraid about the trial but right now as he started to leave he saw those emotions welling up in her eyes.

“Are you all right Chloe?” Lex reaching for her but retracted his hand before he touched her. They didn’t have the time of relationship were touching was okayed between them.

She gave him a weak smile and nodded once before she answered him. “I’m fine. I just… well…” She paused and thought of the right words before she went on and Lex could see her inner struggle to say the right thing. “I really appreciate you coming by and checking in on me… I mean us when I know you must be busy.”

Now it was his turn to struggle and say the right thing in responds to her gratitude. “I hope it helps in making this whole thing easier for you…for the both of you.”

“It does. It really does Lex.” Her weak smile was growing some and Lex didn’t realize till just then he was smiling back at her. “Thank you for everything your doing for us.”

“I should be thanking you. You’re putting her self in place you shouldn’t have to be in and you know at anytime you can…”

Lex tried to go on but for the first time all night she put him in his place for old time sake. “Lex I don’t need another lecture from you. You have done everything possible to keep me and my dad safe and it has worked. In a week this will be over and your father will be in jail. You have helped me get away from something I didn’t think was possible.” She paused and moved in closer to him and they locked eyes with each other, like Lex had done with her so many times before this.

“I just want to make sure you know how thankful I am for all of your help, support, and …friendship through all of this.” She said the word friendship reluctantly and it was the first time either of them defined what the other meant to them.

Lex didn’t know if she meant to say what she did or if it was a slip up but he wasn’t happy to hear it. At one time he did want to consider Chloe as his friend, probable the only one he truly trusted with anything since they shared so much that year. But right now he didn’t want to be her friend or he wasn’t having friendly feeling towards her.

From her bare feet to the t-shirt she was wearing hugging the curves of her body, Lex was having more then one impure thought about Chloe all night. He tried to brush it off as nothing. She was an attractive woman and why shouldn’t he think what did. She was by Kansas state law considered of legal age for him to be having the thoughts he was having but something was very wrong about them.

The first time he had them he thought it was a fluke, the next time he left the safe house painfully hard, and right now he was starting to feel him self growing as she got closer to him.

“How about we thank each other because I couldn’t have done any of this without you.” Lex finally said something after staring at her dumbfounded.

Before he could do anything before he could pull away Chloe was moving in on him quickly, embracing him and resting her soft body against him. “Thank you Lex.” She said just as his ear resting her chin on his shoulder and she had to be on her toes in order to do it.

Lex's body had a delayed response but eventually he was hugging her back with his hands locked tight around her. He was slipping at that very moment into a place he wouldn’t be able to come back from if he didn’t let go of her.

“Thank you Chloe.” He said back to her just as she did at her ear, his voice was deep and low. When he was finished he could feel her tremble for a second in his arms like his words were having an affect on her.

She pulled back away slightly to look at him and she was smiling at him then it slowly faded away once she got a good look. Lex knew how he looked and couldn’t push it away anymore or hide from her. Chloe could read him so well and she had to see the desire in his eyes and feel the tension coiling in his body from her closeness.

He wasn't letting her go and one of his arms stayed around her waist while the other stoked her flushed cheek. “Thank me again Chloe.” Lex didn’t know why but he wanted to hear it again. He wanted to see her face this time when she said it.

She blinked several times and her voice was almost a whisper as she told him what he wanted to hear. “Thank you…” She paused and it was clear why because his lips were descending down on hers. “Lex.” She said it as if it was a breath then he was kissing her.

He was doing what he wanted to do for past three months, maybe even all year. She wasn’t pulling away, she wasn’t pushing him out the door but she was kissing him back. Her hands moved to cup the back of his head she was pulling him closer to her. She opened her mouth for him and Lex slipped his tongue inside tasting Chloe for the first time, getting drunk off the feel of her lips, tongue, teeth and entire body pressing itself as close to him as possible.

Lex let both his hands move to hold her body taking her into him, making her apart of him and she had to feel how hard he was now. Just as soon as it started Lex knew he had to stop it. She wasn’t ready for this, for some one like him and that was not mentioning her father sound asleep in a room near by.

He pulled away pushing her back and she almost lost her footing. “I’m sorry I should go.” Lex turned and reached for the door knob wanting to be free from the tiny house but she was grabbing him turning him back to look at her.

“Wait don’t go. I’m all right. Really Lex I’m ok with this.” Her eyes were pleading with him not to just run off but he had to. This was wrong. All wrong.

“I’m not ok with this Chloe… your…your…” He was struggling for the right word and said the first thing that popped into his head, the one thing that he didn’t know would hurt her so much. “Your a child.”

“A child.” She said it once. “A child.” She said it again getting louder. “A child!" she said a third time yelling at him so loud Lex thought Gabe would walk out any minute.

“You egoistical ass hole. “ She said to him lowering her voice back and must have realized she was getting loud.

“Chloe I didn’t mean it that way. Your…” Lex tried to touch her but she jerked away from him backing into the tiny house.

“You didn’t seem to mind that I was a child when your tongue was in my mouth.” She was getting flushed and her eyes weren’t sweet like they were a moment ago but peering at him in anger.

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done it. You’re not ready for something like this. You may never be ready for something this serious with someone like me.” Lex meant every word and it was getting to her.

“How do you know what I’m ready for? You’re ashamed of what you did just now.” She moved back in on him before she went on. “I’m sorry my name isn't Lana Lang then maybe I would be ready for something like this.”

Lex was instantly confused. “Lana has nothing to do with this. You don’t understanding. I think we are mistaking our feelings of friendship as being something more then what they are. At least more then what they should be.” He was digging himself a hole and Chloe was throwing the dirt on top of him.

“Don’t try and tell me what I feel. Something has been happening for weeks, months even and I know well enough when a man is attracted to me like you were just now. If you want to hide and cover it up as me having some childish crush your wrong.” She was moving from the spot she was in right into his personal space.

Lex had to leave and do it right now. He slipped up that night and it was a mistake he would never make again. “Chloe I meant everything I said before this happened but whatever you think is between us will go away and I promise you your life will be better off without me in it.”

He didn’t give her a chance to answer him or to throw another jab because Lex was running out the door. He knew she wouldn’t leave the house because a guard was waiting near by to shove her back into the house. Lex didn’t look back and didn’t stop moving until he was home, at the manor, in his study, downing a glass of scotch.

He made a mistake that night he wouldn’t make again. Chloe wasn’t going to be corrupted by him anymore then she already had. Bringing her into his fight with his father, using her as his way to get back at Lionel once and for all would be over soon.

Lex had to push any thought that she was more to him then that into the far reaches of his mind. Chloe Sullivan wasn’t what he wanted and could never really be his. At least not the way he would ever admit he wanted her to be.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Lex fell on to Clark’s bed with a thud and had a dream he hadn’t had in months. Talking to Chloe last night triggered the memory of him kissing her and it was one he tried his best to forget.

Last night as he slept thinking about Chloe and how she felt that night, Lex felt like he was floating. When the dream ended badly that morning with him leaving her at the safe house Lex felt like he fell from a few feet in the air on to Clark’s tiny bed.

“Shit.” He muttered and hit his head on the headboard on his way down. But Lex couldn’t be floating. It had to be part of the dream and it was something he brushed off that morning being so wrapped up in thinking about how things use to be with Chloe before he called her a child, something she still hadn’t gotten over.

He was expecting his head to be throbbing but it wasn’t, it didn’t hurt at all. Lex shrugged off the feeling and he got out of the bed slowly feeling like he hadn’t slept at all. Lex’s was use to being up early in the morning but Clark’s body seemed to be rejecting it wanting to lie back down.

It was seven and when he looked at the clock at his bed side and he told Jonathan he would be up and ready to meet him at eight. Today was the day Jonathan was going to help Lex as well.

Lex took his time getting up rubbing his eyes a few times fighting the urge to sleep longer. He startled him self looking into the mirror near Clark’s bed not seeing himself. He quickly remembered he was Clark and kept moving towards the bathroom.

The night before he got a lay of the land and snooped through the house while the Kent’s slept and had to know were everything was just in case he was asked to go into a particular room.

In the bathroom there were three toothbrushes one purple, one white, and one red. Lex assumed that the red one was Clark’s, it had to be after seeing him in the color everyday that he’d known him. Lex proceeded to brush Clark’s teeth and shower his body not really looking at it or wanting to over analyze his features.

He walked out of the bathroom in a towel and was greeted by Martha. “You’re up early.” She said to him her face just as happy and pleasant as it was last night.

Lex was a bit nervous being nearly naked in front of her but Clark was her son, this wasn’t strange for her and he had to act accordingly. “Good morning mom.” This time calling her mom sounded natural but his physical response was still off as Lex ran back into Clark’s room.

Standing in front of Clark’s closest in boxers and white socks Lex was looking at what choices he had to wear that day. The closest was overflowing with flannel and red t-shirts but hidden in the mess was a black t-shirt he grabbed then put back. He was Clark and had to look like him.

Lex settled on the cleanest jeans he could find in Clark’s messy room and a blue with hints of red flannel shirt. He made sure to keep the stone and his cell phone with him and couldn’t let either item get away from him.

Finally dressed Lex prepared to go down to be with his parents for the day. He wouldn’t let his dream get to him and he wouldn’t let it bother him until he had to actually face Chloe.

Lex was hoping they would tell him everything he wanted to know that morning and he could get back in his body soon but Lana was his next hope then if all else failed he would see Chloe. After their talk last night and his dream he had to save Chloe for last.

“It took you forever to get dressed.” Martha said to him coming into the kitchen handing him a glass of orange juice.

“Oh shit.” Lex said just a little to loud when he looked at the clock on the wall in the kitchen. It was pass eight and it took him longer then he thought to get dressed.

“Clark Kent watch your mouth.” He turned and Martha’s face was stern and in a bit of shock.

“Sorry.” He said in his best Clark Kent 'I’m sorry' voice he could pull out at that hour.

“Your father knew you would be late but he only has one or two things for you to do so eat then you can go out to the barn.”

“But school?” Lex said in his best Clark question voice and she wasn’t really phased by it.

“You can run to school today or your father might lend you the truck.” Martha turned handing over a plate of eggs, sausage, and toast. It looked good almost better then some of the stuff his cook would have made.

Lex didn’t question the running and yet again it was something weird Martha and Jonathan keep saying to him. It was like they thought Clark was some kind of superman able to run to school and be on time while doing a side of farm work. It had to be what they were hiding and he went with it picking up a fork and eating his breakfast like a good son would.

Martha was hard for him to deal with. She was so nice and caring it was making Lex hurt in ways he didn't think possible. It was making him think of his own mother and throwing off his focus. Jonathan was much easier for him to deal with and he rushed through breakfast to go to him.

Outside in the barn about ten minutes later Lex saw Jonathan pulling out tools and he seemed to have things in order. “Dad.” He called out to him getting his attention.

Jonathan turned to him and he greeted him with the same grin Martha gave him. “Good your here.” He approached him and Lex didn’t know what was going on. “I need you to pull the tractor in here then move all this hay I packed yesterday up in the loft.” He pointed to the loft then turned back to his tools and Lex wasn’t sure he understood.

He saw the tractor just outside the barn and he wanted him to move it. “Where are the keys to the tractor?”

“The old girl died on me last night when I tried to put her away. Just pull her in here for me.” Jonathan answered him and didn’t turn around.

Lex chuckled and didn’t think he heard him right. “Pull? You want me to pull it into the barn?” He questioned him moving to stand next to while he fumbled over tools.

Jonathan looked at him raising and eyebrow. “Clark I don’t have time for your games and you don’t either. Just pull the thing in here then get to work on that hay.” He went back to his tools and Lex turned to walk away.

He was serious and Lex did as he was told not knowing what it meant until he was holding on to the old tractor. He gave it a good tug just a few feet from the barn and the thing didn’t move. Lex shook Clark’s damp head of hair looking at the enormous hunk of old metal and he couldn’t move this but Jonathan was so sure of it just now.

He tried again but this time Lex pulled it as hard as he thought Clark could and the damn thing moved. It didn’t move far but it moved and Lex didn’t feel like he pulled a muscle or hurt Clark’s body in anyway by doing it. Lex placed Clark’s hand on the front of the tractor he looked at it and pulled it again this time not thinking about it and he was moving it.

Clark Kent was pulling a tractor towards the barn but Lex was inside him.

He started to move faster pulling a little harder and before Lex knew what he did he was in the barn with the tractor. “Dad.” He said getting Jonathan’s attention again thinking he would be shocked but he wasn't.

“Great. Now see what you can do with the hay. You will put me ahead for the day. Thanks son.” Jonathan moved passed him in front of the tractor to the back of it and he wasn’t phased at all that Clark just pulled the thing in there and hadn’t broken a sweat.

In an instant it all made sense. Jonathan Kent had just slipped up and told him what Lex had been dying to know.

If Clark could pull a tractor he could rip the hood off a Porsche. He could do so many things if he was that strong. How his father was able to hold him down like a rag doll when he was in Clark's body made so much sense now.

“The hay Clark.” Jonathan yelled at him from behind the tractor and he was only there for a few seconds but he was covered in grease.

Lex snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the square hay stacks ready to be moved to the loft area Jonathan pointed out. Lex wanted to test Clark’s strength again and pulled up two of the hay squares putting one in each hand.

They felt like nothing and he laughed again at how crazy all this was.

He looked at the ladder leading up to the loft and walked over to it slowly. “Clark you might want to speed it up or you will be very late for school.” Jonathan called out to him again from behind the truck.

Jonathan and Martha both encouraged him to go as fast as he could. So Lex forced Clark’s body to go faster and in seconds he was at the top of the barn, in the loft.

“Holy fuck.” Lex said under his breath and this wasn’t happening. It couldn’t be. He repeated the action placing down the hay squares then going for two more. Lex ran back doing the same thing he did before making him self go as fast as he could and he did it again.

“Holy fuck!” He yelled this time and wasn’t sure if he should be overjoyed at what he just leaned or worried that he had more questions now then answers.

“Are you alright up there?” Jonathan called up to him in the loft and Lex smiled down at him.

“I’m fine dad…” Lex ran back down the ladder and moved the hay as fast as Clark’s legs would take him. Seconds later he was standing right next to Jonathan finishing his statement. “…never been better.”

This was what Lex switched bodies for and it was all starting to make perfect sense as to who Clark Kent really was.

TBC

Chapter 4 Trust Clark Kent

Krysia
2nd June 2006, 08:49
Well if after a hot kiss like that Lex did call Chloe a child no wonder they didn't even talk to eachother afterwards. also Lex didn't want to be Clark Kent because of his friends or family , how about staying Clark because of the super powers? ;) Great chapter :)

sultrystorm
2nd June 2006, 09:14
clark is in deep crap with lex, but i think lex is in deeper crap with chloe. can't wait to find out how he can make it up to her! i think chloe needs to give him a hard time first :)

Gaia
2nd June 2006, 09:50
And he wondered why Chloe didn't want anything to do with him anymore? Isn't that man supposed to be a genius?
Wonder what Lex will do once he finds out about the eye and the hearing thing:D

Augustine86
2nd June 2006, 13:16
And he wondered why Chloe didn't want anything to do with him anymore? Isn't that man supposed to be a genius?

Men, their IQ's don't seem to matter in matters of the heart, huh? :wth:

Oh, well, at least I know he'll make it up to her. Our Lex is smart as that.

hfce
2nd June 2006, 15:02
Oh my that was great! So now Lex knows there is more to Clark and that kiss with Chloe. It was both great and sad. Great when it started but sad how it ended. More please... :beg:

Zannie
2nd June 2006, 15:14
You're doing a really good job with this one, letia. It's an promising premise, and the characters and dialogue feel really natural. For instance, this bit here . . .

He wasn't letting her go and one of his arms stayed around her waist while the other stoked her flushed cheek. “Thank me again Chloe.” Lex didn’t know why but he wanted to hear it again. He wanted to see her face this time when she said it.

. . . was just great. I could just see Lex saying that line, visualizing his expression and hearing his tone of voice and everything.

Nice work.

pipersmum
2nd June 2006, 17:42
The kiss was lovely but then he had to be an idiot and ruin it by calling her a child!! I loved Lex finding out what he can do and the swearing was a nice touch as Clark would never say it. It's a part of Lex shining through. I wonder if things will go smoothly at school.....probably not! LOL

I can't wait for more :)

lj715
2nd June 2006, 20:35
GREAT UPDATE!!!! I felt so bad when Lex called Chloe a child. Love the part with Lex finding out all of Clark's abilities. Can't wait to read more whenever you can post.

Alizaleven
3rd June 2006, 01:45
Oh goodness! That was a great update, I love the part when Lex was running in Clarks body... its was great hehe

eww but the part where he called Chloe a child just after kissing her! Of course he had his reasons but grrrr to that lol

buffiy18
4th June 2006, 00:58
great story. LooKing forward to more! Won her learned more than he thought this morning didn't he?

westwingwolf
4th June 2006, 23:59
As much as I love the fact that Lex is aware of who Clark is, I love even more that Lex and Chloe shared a kiss during the previous summer. Stupid Lex, I hate when he has to go all noble thinking the best thing for Chloe is not being with him. I want him to remember all of his time in Clark's body, but then what would Clark remember about being in Lex's body. Sure he'd been drugged the whole time but that will cause questions. Actually, on second thought who cares about Clark's problems, I just want Lex to be able to convince Chloe that he wants her. Just as long as he doesn't act on those feelings while he is still Clark, wouldn't want to screw things up een more. I loved Lex's reaction to news that Chloe came on to Clark and was possessed. I think Lex needs to get back into his body soon so we can have a repeat performance of that kiss. So far no hit lists have been made for this story, but I would love for Lex to screw some things up for Clark that he will have to answer for when he gets back into his body. Oh and please keep the Lana interaction to a minimum, I don't if I could handle it knowing that it's Lex even if he is using Clark's body.

letia84
8th June 2006, 04:30
Notes: I think I'm officially terrified to write this one. But I hope I can keep you interested. Thank you lj for acting as my second pair of eyes. I hope to be back with more of all my fics in a few weeks. Til then on with the show.

Chapter 4 Trust Clark Kent

Lex expected Clark’s secret to be big but never did he image he was a part of the prophecy told on the Kiwatche cave walls. There was no doubt in his mind that Clark Kent was special but, the logical reason was that he was infected by the meteor rocks like so many people in Smallville.

Lex was realizing that Clark Kent wasn’t just special; that he didn’t just have super strength and super speed but Clark Kent wasn’t even human.

Naman was a man that fell from the sky that would have the strength of ten men and the ability to shoot fire from his eyes. Everything would make sense if Clark Kent was Naman. The meteor shower, the caves, the octangle disk and now the stones all connected to Clark in some way.

If he was Naman it would explain why he was always around when things were at their worse. It would explain the reason he was always perfectly fine after some disaster. It would explain how he saved so many people.

No matter what Clark had done it didn’t give him the right to lie or at least it didn’t give him the right to lie to the people that he called friends. To the people that he said he trusted.

Lex needed some kind of reassurance that Clark was really who he assumed he was. He couldn’t just ask Martha and Jonathan the truth in Clark’s body. The only person that had all the answers was Clark and he was sound a sleep in his body.

There were still a few things Lex wanted to do before he switched back and knowing if Clark was Naman was at the top of very long list. Lex was still on a search for the truth and it would come to him easily in Clark’s body.

Before he left the Kent farm to explore Clark’s abilities, Lex went back in the house to be with Martha. She hugged him good bye on his way to school and it pained him some to leave her. For a few more seconds he wanted to feel the unconditional love Martha had for her son.

After leaving, he would use Clark to get to the stone he lost in China. He had a strong feeling Lana knew where it was.

For right now, he would use Clark to get the truth out of one blonde reporter currently hovering over a stack of papers on her desk that he was going to get right away.

His dream from the night before was still lingering and Lex had to finish the talk he started on the phone with Chloe. She wanted to know the truth about Clark and he would give it to her if it meant getting the truth about whom she’d mentioned on the phone.

Lex stood in the doorway of the Torch watching Chloe for a few moments. She was filing and sorting, smiling to her self. Lex missed first period being far too busy exploring Clark’s powers.

He ran around seeing how fast and far Clark could go without getting tired and the further he went the more he realized that Clark’s body would never be drained. How any of this fit into healing Lionel was still eluding him but, right now, his priority was talking to Miss Sullivan.

Chloe seemed at ease with herself, flipping though the sack of papers. She was dressed causally in jeans and a blouse with a low neck line. It still amazed him how Clark would be so interest in Lana’s stick figure of a body when he could have had Chloe’s lush curves wrapped around him.

“I come bearing gifts.” Lex announced, fearing she would never look up from what she was doing.

Chloe was a little startled by the sound of his voice but looked at him in the doorway. Her eyes lit up in way he hadn’t seen since she was trapped in the safe house when he came to see her.

“I love gifts.” Chloe moved away from her desk to meet him half way at the entrance of the office.

“I thought you could use a second period pick me up after burning the midnight oil to give us this.” Lex handed over a cup of coffee from the Talon and in his other hand he held up the copy of the Torch he grabbed before coming by the office.

He read the Torch, even though some of it was small time high school news. Chloe managed to place some authentic news in it and today’s front page was all about Luthor Corp and questionable experiments. Lex didn’t have time to read the whole thing but, it had something to do with genetically engineered pets. What he read terrified him as to how she found out as much as she did on the project.

“Thank you. I could use it and I’m sure you have my CD as a bonus.” Her eyes slant at him taking the coffee from his hands. In Clark, Lex thought he was hidden but it appeared she could read his face just as well as she could read his own. “You forgot it. Damn it Clark.” She was definitely annoyed with him but, then again, it wasn’t a problem Lex had to worry about.

He got so wrapped up in using Clark’s abilities he forgot the CD but, had no idea where to look for it. “Sorry, I’ll be sure to get it to you tomorrow.” Lex did his best regretful Clark voice.

“I don’t need it but the year book staff does. They won’t leave me be until I give it back so, I want it tomorrow or you’ll regret it Kent.” She poked him in the chest proving her point then moved back to her desk full of papers. “Don’t you think for a second you can win me over with coffee?” Lex closely watched her take the first sip of coffee and heard her moan at how good it was.

”A man can try can’t he? It is your favorite, latte with an extra shot and a hint of mocha.” Lex didn’t realize it but he was looking at Chloe in way Clark wouldn’t. He was trying not to but every time he caught a glimpse of her eyes sparkling at him he was slipping into a place he ran away from months ago.

She wasn’t looking but when he described the coffee she looked up at him and her eyes weren’t exactly sparkling anymore. “How did you know that?”

“How did I know what?” Lex walked into the office leaning against her desk.

“I didn’t start craving coffee like this until my last few days in Smallville last year so there’s no way I could have told you. Actually, one person knows I like my coffee this way.” Chloe eyes slanted at him again waiting for answers.

Chloe did tell Lex while she was in the safe house how she liked her coffee and if he stopped by in the morning to see her, he would bring it with him. He had no idea that her preference wasn’t something she hadn’t told Clark.

“You must have had it before you just don’t remember.” Lex tried to cover his tracks but Chloe wasn’t letting it go.

“No, I haven’t had coffee like this since I got back to Smallville. I think I had my fill of them when I was in hiding.” She put the cup down and didn’t look pleased. “You were strange on the phone and now with the coffee. Clark, is there something you want to tell me?”

Lex choked on a chuckle to cover his mistake. He hadn’t said anything the night before that Clark wouldn’t. In fact, he thought everything he said was right in line with what was happening between her and Clark.

Lex watched her fiddling with papers, tossing things into a nearby box at her feet and changing the subject was the way to go. “What are you doing?”

“School is coming to an end so I’m packing up some things. I don’t want to leave it all to the last minute.”

Lex was reminded that Chloe would be out of his life soon. She would be off to college and the chances of seeing her with someone, other than him, would multiply.

“Chloe, I was hoping we could finish the talk we started on the phone.” He had to get to the point. At one time, everything was wrong about wanting to be with Chloe but he was wrong then and he couldn’t keep lying to her.

Lex felt like he didn’t deserve someone like Chloe. He didn’t deserve someone in his life that could make him feel like he mattered, that he made a difference and simply someone that cared about him for who he was and not what his name was. Lex had done things in his life that she would never understand and it left no room for him to be rewarded with someone like Chloe. The best example was posing as Clark but, it was the only way to the truth.

Things he told himself in order to maintain control all seemed ridiculous now. If he allowed himself to feel for Chloe it couldn’t be done half way and he feared that his desires would consume them both. At that moment, even though he was in Clark’s body, Lex wanted her to be his and to take back what he said the night they kissed. His fascination with the caves and the stones could be satisfied but things with Chloe always left him wanting more.

Pushing her away was to make it easier for him but, it just made things worse. Sleeping with someone else didn’t help because it made him feel worse. Ignoring her was damn near impossible since she always everywhere. Trying to get back into her good graces by helping her cousin Lois was effective but something he never followed through on after the deed was done.

Nothing had been easy on Lex in his life and he was making it harder for himself everyday. He was making it so hard when it didn’t have to be. Right now he needed to know if there was any hope to go back and Clark Kent was going to get it out of her.

“Clark, I told you I don’t want to talk about it.” Chloe sighed then pushed her hair back behind her ear. She was determined to let it go but Lex was determined to get the truth.

“I know what you said but maybe I can do what I didn’t do last night or what I haven’t done for a while.” Lex lowered his eyes to look at her and was hoping Clark’s face was sincere enough for her to trust him.

“What would that be Clark?” She looked at him, breathed out and Lex could see her frustration growing.

“I want to listen to you. I talk about my problems all the time and I never really listen to you. So, I want you to tell me about this person. Maybe I can help and I don’t mean playing matchmaker. By talking it, could help you assess what you feel for this person.” Lex was looking at her trying his best to look caring, honest, and sincere even though every word was a lie.

“Assess what I feel? This isn’t a business deal Clark.” She was studying him and Lex knew she was searching for her friend but he was in there at the moment. “Why are you so concerned about this person? I told you he doesn’t care about me and I don’t want to talk about it.”

“I just want you to be happy and you said that he was something you really wanted so why wouldn’t I want to help you with it if he could make you happy.” Lex touched her shoulder for comfort to coax more out of her. He wanted to move his hand up her neck to the curves of her face then caress her cheek to remember how soft it was but he was Clark.

“Clark…” She breathed out and it was working. She was breaking down a bit and her arms relaxed in her lap. “I just don’t think you will understand.” He could see the pain in her eyes and he couldn’t help but feel guilt settling in the pit of Clark’s gut for what he done to her.

“I think I know how it feels to want someone and know you may never have them the way you want them.” Lex answered honestly and assumed she would think of Lana when he was really talking about her.

She gave a warm smile and placed her hand over his at her shoulder. “Okay but I want you to do something for me.”

“Of course.” Lex smiled and her soft hand resting on Clark’s large one was mostly the reason.

“If I talk about it then I want you to talk too. I know you’re holding secrets and I want you to trust me with them Clark.”

He nodded once and knew now what he didn’t before. He didn’t care what it would do to Clark when he was back in his body if Chloe knew the truth. If they were so close he should have told her along time ago. “I’ll do my best Chloe.”

“Alright then let’s have share time,” the last few words on quotes with her fingers. As soon as the moment past she had a concerned look in here eyes. “Now what do you want to know?” She let go of his hand and Lex took it as a sign to move his back.

“You said he doesn’t know you exist but how are you sure that’s the truth?” Lex didn’t feel that way at all but could see why she said it. If he caught a glimpse of her in passing there was nothing else on his mind the rest of the day and that was far from thinking she didn’t exist.

“I have seen him but he doesn’t speak to me.”

“You mean he walks the other way?” This wasn’t easy and Lex didn’t want to hear all the things that he had done wrong.

“No, not exactly. I think he wants to look at me but…” She stopped and looked away again.

“But…” Lex leaned forward still resting back on the desk hoping to win her over with her friend’s kind eyes. His eyes pleading trust me, trust Clark Kent.

She sighed getting up from her seat to look out the window behind her desk. “I can’t do this Clark.”

He moved behind her placing both hands on her shoulders. Lex wasn’t sure if Clark touched Chloe this much. She wasn’t pushing him away and Clark was closer to her than he wanted to think about. “You can. You just started.”

“Look Clark, this person… isn’t who you think.” She didn’t turn around and didn’t move. Lex held on to her shoulders turning her to look at him. “And I can’t tell you who he is.”

“What is he older?” Lex tried leading her into answers but she gave him more than what he asked. “Is he someone I know? You can tell me his name.”

“Clark, I’ll tell you and you can’t tell anyone. Honestly I think I would die of shame if you told Lana.” Her voice was shrill when she mentioned Lana. Lex knew how Chloe really felt about Lana and wondered if Clark even knew how much she hated her.

“I would never betray your trust like that Chloe. You can tell me.” His hands still on her shoulders, it was a gesture he’d done before looking at her. Getting a little spun, he was having a bad case of deja vu.

“Okay.” She breathed out and closed her eyes. “Don’t laugh.”

“I won’t laugh.” He gave her the same smile Clark gave him the night they exchanged. Clark all American boy grin didn’t work on him but, it worked on Chloe.

“It’s…” She breathed in again then out. “…Lex.” She said his name in a rush and Lex tried to stay calm and not react to it.

His response had to be what Clark would do and he went with anger. “What?” Lex yelled at her.

“See I knew this would happen.” She moved away pulling his hands off. She was preparing her bag to leave.

“Wait…” Lex grabbed her arm making her look to him. “It’s okay Chloe, tell me the rest.”

“Why? So you can yell at me again.” She yelled back at him.

“I’m in shock not angry. I’m ready now.” Lex softened Clark’s voice and went with the wrong emotion. “Did you ever tell Lex how you felt?”

“I never told him but I thought it was implied when we kissed.” Chloe jerked her arm away from him going back to her bag.

Lex held back a smile thinking about the kiss because it meant he wasn’t the only one thinking about it. The way she was clutching at his skull and planting herself against him was hard to ignore. It definitely implied she wanted him.

“Did you… I mean did he…who kissed whom?” He tried to be uneasy with all this thinking it would be more Clark like.

“He kissed me.” She didn’t turn around but he could read her body. Her shoulders slumped and she was rubbing her eyes as if she was wiping the images of that night out of her mind.

“But nothing’s happen since he kissed you?”

“No Clark nothing has happened. He kissed me, he ran away, and he stopped talking to me. I don’t know about you but that says to me he’s not interested. You’re friends with Lex, you spend more time with him than I do, you should know he doesn’t care.”

“Maybe you don’t trust him. Lex hasn’t always been the most trust worthy person.” Lex didn’t want to insult himself but he need more from Chloe.

“No, trusting Lex is not the problem. I trusted him and I’m still alive because of it.”

“But I had to save you Chloe. He made us think you were dead and you almost really were until I saved you.” Lex hated doing this, acting like Clark but, he was getting what he wanted.

She turned around to look at him, her face contorted in confusion. “Clark, you may have found me but Lex saved me. He saved me from so many things I could have never been able to get away from on my own. If you think I should give up on him, it won’t be because I don’t trust him. For three months Lex kept me alive. If I give up on Lex ever wanting more from me it won’t be because I don’t trust him.”

“Oh.” Lex ran fingers through Clark’s full head of hair and looked away from her. He always hoped Chloe still felt something for him and now he knew she did. “It’s never too late you know.”

“What?” The look of disbelief washed over her. “Never to late for what?”

Now was his chance to make him self look good. Even though everything he’d done the past few months said that he didn’t deserve Chloe, it was time Lex finally had something in his life that he wanted. “Lex could be afraid.”

“Afraid of what?” She waited for the euphony Clark Kent had about Lex’s fears and she was waiting awhile.

Searching for what Clark would say, Lex was coming up empty. There was nothing left but for him to tell her truth. “Maybe he thinks he’ll hurt you.”

“Clark that makes no sense. How would Lex hurt me?” She wasn’t considering the consequence of Lex being who he was and wanting to be with her. There was no way he could explain them to her as Clark but he had to say something.

“Lex might feel like you could get hurt by his father.”

“Lionel Luthor is no reason for him to push me away. The last time I checked, Lionel Luthor hasn’t the money or resources to do anything anymore.” She looked so sure of herself but she didn’t know Lionel as well as she thought she did.

“Okay maybe not Lionel but, what about someone else? If someone hurt you he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself for it.”

“Clark how do you know that? Did Lex say something to you? Is that why you want to talk about this? Tell me what he said?” There were so many questions now and Lex used her assumption.

“We did talk last night and he mentioned you.”

“Mentioned me how?” Her reporter’s eye was honing in on him as she leaned forward.

Lex placed his words carefully. “He was asking about you. How you’ve been since his other half attacked you.”

“You mean since his other half tried to kill us.” She correct him and Lex tried to soften his other halves need to kill Chloe. To kill her for reasons he didn’t dare to explore.

“He said he felt bad about it. He said he would never hurt you intentionally. Then, I said he should just tell you how he felt but he got really tight lipped about you. He said you wouldn’t want to hear from him.”

“He went to see Lana. Why couldn’t he come and see me?” Chloe eyes lowered at the mention of Lana and he could see her going through the motions of that day and a kiss he wished to take back.

“I asked him that.” Lex placed his hand on her arm moving down to take her hand with his. “He said that the two of you haven’t talked in so long he didn’t really know where to start.”

“Lex said that Clark? I find that really hard to believe.” She was studying him again looking for the truth. Lex couldn’t manipulate Clark’s expression the way he wanted to make his lies and half truths believable.

“He said it then, he didn’t want to talk about it any more. He said he would take care of it.”

“Take care of it?” She mumbled to herself.

“Chloe, he looked really torn up about it. Then, I started thinking about how you guys haven’t talked since you came back. With what you said just now, I think this all may be a misunderstanding.”

“What are you saying Clark? How are you so insightful about me or Lex?”

“Maybe you’re what Lex wants. Just like he’s what you really want.”

“I don’t believe that Clark and I don’t think you can decide that on your own. Lex hasn’t done anything lately that shows that.” Her cheeks were flushed and she looked embarrassed about all of this.

“Chloe, I know how it feels to be afraid to tell someone how you feel. You don’t want to be rejected but what if you won’t. If you ever want to know what Lex feels, shouldn’t you ask him?” Lex watched her closely thinking about what he said.

“Why are you so understanding?” She titled her head slightly. “I feel like you’re pushing me to go talk to Lex.”

It was exactly what he was doing and he hoped it worked. “I’m the “new and improved” Clark Kent. You want me to be honest and I want you to be happy. Lex and I have had our disagreements but I know he wouldn’t hurt you. At least not after everything he did to save you.”

“Well “new” Clark Kent, sounds like you’re the number one member of the Lex Luthor fan club.” She moved in to hug him and Lex just let it happen. He wanted it more than anything right now. To hold on to Chloe but, not in the body he was in. “I still think you’re wrong but I won’t know unless I ask him.”

She rested her head on his chest and Lex breathed in the faint scent of her lavender shampoo. Her small frame was resting in Clark’s larger one and he was hoping they didn’t hug like this often. If they did, Lex envied Clark for getting opportunities like this whenever he wanted.

He let her pull back from him some and was greeted by her warm smile and glowing green eyes. Lex couldn’t just let her go now that he had her. He was right back to the night in the safe house but something was very different.

“Clark are you all right?” Chloe’s smile turned to confusion.

“I’m fine.” He moved to touch her cheek and it was just as soft as the first time.

“This seems familiar.” Chloe answered with uncertainty. He was in the same position they were in the night they kissed but Lex wasn’t Lex and had to stop before things went horribly wrong.

He let her go and turned away from her trying to get himself back in control. Lex felt like his body was on fire and the center of the flames were rising in his eyes. His ears tuned in behind him and he could hear Chloe’s heart beating faster. He took in the air around him and it was filled with her lavender scent.

Lex didn’t know if it was another of Clark’s abilities or Chloe over whelming him but his eyes were on fire. A fire that he released into the trash can he was staring at.

“Oh my God.” He heard Chloe scream and Lex saw the flames rising from the tiny tin can.

It came from him and another part of Naman prophecy was true further proving that Clark wasn’t from this world. Lex’s mind was racing as to how many abilities Clark had and what he could do with them.

He stood there while Chloe put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. She turned to look at him dropping the red can on the ground. “Now you can’t tell me you didn’t do that Clark. For once in your life tell me the truth.”

She sounded like she knew more then she was telling. The heat Lex was feeling faded away once he let the fire go but, it seemed to transfer to Chloe in the form of anger. Her hands high on her hips, she wanted to know everything right now.

Lex had his new found understanding of Clark Kent and it was time someone else knew other then him. “Chloe, there are so many things about me you don’t know.” Lex paused and her attention was focused on him but before he could keep going they were interrupted.

“Clark?” Lex turned to the door way of the Torch office and knew he would have to face Lana Lang soon but hoped it would be later.

TBC

Chapter 5 Secrets

lj715
8th June 2006, 05:14
Great update! I did notice some small things I didn't catch before ( sorry). You did a great job & I love this story. I somehow think there is gonna be a problem with Lex getting back to his own body. Can't wait for more!

hfce
8th June 2006, 05:44
Oh that was a great update. I can't wait to see how he tells chloe about Clark.

Alizaleven
8th June 2006, 07:52
Oh that was such a good update!! More please :D

Gaia
8th June 2006, 17:20
Lex(Clark) should now but Lana Lang in her real position- far away from other living creatures....
Great udate though

westwingwolf
8th June 2006, 21:52
Don't be terrified, this is great! He's going to tell Chloe the truth, yes! Damn that stupid Lana and her lousy timing. Get her to leave for good Lex. Tell her all the things that you hate about her, then she'll run to Lex by that time you will have switched back, hooked up with Chloe, and you can tell her all the things you hate about her again and this time in your own body. I sound like one of those evil geniuses with the complicated plan that almost always fails, but I really hope it won't. Or you could just have Lex do what you planned all along which will inevitably be better than anything I could come up with. There is only one cure for my craziness, well not so much a cure as it just keeps me at bay, and that is updates.

newbatgirl
8th June 2006, 22:43
Aww man, now I know why people get miffed at me for cliffhangers! :grin3:

That was sooooo good. I need to know if Chloe is going to start figuring things out. Great update!

Love Lex's lapse in language (assess what you feel) and how quicky Chloe picked up on it! I was :rofl:

Kaimore
13th June 2006, 11:43
i love this story! It's the only time I've ever liked Clark. Can't wait for the update!

pipersmum
14th June 2006, 01:36
Great update Letia. I should have known Lana would interupt them!! Please come back and update soon :)

letia84
14th June 2006, 05:50
Notes: I’m supposed to be studying but writing is more fun. Beware Lana Lang is in the following update. Thank you for the feedback and I hope you give me more if it after this chapter.

Chapter 5 Secrets

As always, Lana Lang had perfect timing. Just when Lex was about to tell Chloe everything she wanted to hear Lana managed to walk in and ruin it.

He turned reluctantly around to look at her. Her nose was turned up slightly and she appeared to be in a foul mood. Clark had done something to her, again, and she must have been waiting for him to arrive at school to tell him what he’d done.

Lex turned back to Chloe and now she was looking just as annoyed as Lana was. He didn’t see how Clark survived his daily bouts with either woman. Chloe’s strong will and Lana’s whiny nature had to be a combination Clark didn’t deal with very well.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to say something, the school bell rang and they were all late for second period. Lana didn’t jump to move but Chloe left the fire extinguisher on ground and stomped over to her desk.

“Perfect timing Lana, I have to go.” Chloe said dryly while she finished packing her bag. Because of Lana’s presence the conversation they were about to have, and needed to have, was over.

“Chloe, wait.” Lex attempted to stop her but she breezed by him. He wanted to grab her arm and make her stay but Lana was looking at him, Lana was looking at Clark. Besides, it wasn’t something he would ever do.

“Clark, I really need to talk to you.” Lana started her first whine as he went for the door to watch Chloe walk away. The hall was empty and he couldn’t just let her leave after starting a fire and not explaining. Weather Lex was in Clark’s body or not he didn’t want to lie to Chloe anymore. It was time Clark stopped lying to the people that meant so much to him.

“Just give me a second.” Lex looked at Lana, spoke and without giving her a second thought, raced after Chloe. He forced himself not to use Clark’s super speed to catch up to her for fear of someone coming out into the hall.

“Chloe, wait.” He was standing right next to her after turning the corner in the hallway covered in senior posters and last minute events before commencement.

“Clark, go talk to Lana.” She didn’t look at him or slow down.

“But we were just getting somewhere.” Lex moved in front of her blocking her path.

“Yeah we were but, there is one problem with our friendship Clark. One problem with long brown hair that will always interrupt us when we are getting somewhere.”

Lex stared at her closely and he could see the tension coiling in side of her. Clark had put Lana before Chloe so often it was obvious she came to expect it. “I told you Lana will never jeopardize our friendship.”

She was squeezing the strap of her bag and her knuckles were going white. It looked as if she might snap the strap in half. “Something happened just now Clark. Something you kept from me but, I want you to know, I’ll understand if you just tell me the truth. We will never be friends the way you think we are if you continue to keep secrets.”

Lex wanted to touch her. To do something other then stand there. The past few minutes had to be hard on her, talking about him and not getting anything in return after spilling her heart out to Clark. Lex didn’t care if she and Clark had a better relationship but, the look in her eyes compelled him to do something.

“You’re right Chloe, I did start the fire…” He paused to gauge her reaction and there was none. Before he went on, just at the corner they turned, he saw Lana waiting and eaves- dropping on them. “…We can’t talk about this here.” He nodded his head in the direction of Lana.

Chloe turned slightly back to see her then turned back. “Fine.” She said through gritted teeth. “When is a good time then?”

Lex had to deal with Lana. He wanted the stone and she was the only lead. The last part of his talk with Chloe could wait a little longer. He needed sometime to get himself under control as well. He almost kissed her but, because he was in Clark’s body, he didn’t want his lips anywhere near Chloe. After talking, Lex hoped Chloe would go and see him herself, instead of him seeking her out.

“Come to the loft in the barn after school.” He didn’t know if he could keep this appointment but, things were going so well. He could be in his body way before he had to be and woken up by the doctor. Lex would get to Chloe one way or another that day.

“I’ll be there Clark and I’ll be ready to hear the truth.” She brushed past him and Lex watched her walk away from him. She wasn’t phased at all by him starting the fire and Lex was suspicious as to how much she already knew about Clark.

He was making so many mistakes and almost made the biggest of them all. Lex took in a solid breath of air then let it out before he noticed Lana walking towards him slowly.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt.” She was calmer than when she was in the Torch office and her face had softened.

Lex had to remind himself that he was Clark and Clark loved Lana for whatever reason. Chloe gave away that they were getting closer the past few weeks and Jason was being pushed out of the way. With that knowledge Lex would treat Lana they way he assumed Clark would.

“It’s all right.” He moved in to meet her half way down the empty hall.

“I knew you had study hall and went looking for you but you weren’t there so I thought maybe you were talking to Chloe. I really didn’t mean to interrupt.” She apologized again and it didn’t seem sincere at all.

Lex didn’t know Clark’s class schedule and didn’t really care to find out. If Clark got in trouble for it later he would be long gone and it wouldn’t be his problem. Right now he wanted the other stone and Lana was going to give it to him.

“What did you want?” Lex was really at a lost as to what Lana and Clark discussed but she wanted something from him.

“You were supposed to call me but I never heard from you last night.” She whined for a second time.

“I’m sorry I got side tracked. Was it something important?” Lex wasn’t sure if he should touch her or stand far away from her but she was moving in close to him. His eyes widened and her skinny body was invading his personal space. “Lana is everything all right with you?”

“Of course, I just missed your call last night” She spoke as her hands moved up Clark’s firm chest then, they locked around his neck. She was trying to look at him seductively and Lex wasn’t sure if he was supposed to respond to this or push her away.

Lex’s mind was screaming for him to push her away.

“I missed seeing you last night.” She replied to him and her voice was low but still just as whiny. Lex’s hand fisted at his sides and he just let Lana do what she wanted and what she wanted was a kiss.

Lex let her mouth press into his and she waited for something to happen. He had his eyes open and saw hers were closed. She looked silly poking her mouth out at him and was waiting for him to kiss her back.

Doing his best, Lex pressed his mouth into hers then felt her tongue trying to nudge its way into his mouth. This was all too much and not the kiss Lex was hoping to get that day. He placed his hands on her arms and pulled her back away from him.

“Lana I don’t think we should do this in the hall.” His face had to be that of shear horror due to Lana’s reaction.

“What’s wrong with you? I thought we were thinking about getting back together?” She tore her self away from him taking a few steps back. She was upset again, her emotions were like a rollercoaster.

Lex was relieved to have some breathing room and once again placed his words carefully. “You’re still with Jason.” He tried to sound upset but really didn’t care.

He had one reason to hate Jason since he and his mother were trying to wedge there way into the search for the stones. If Jason wanted to waste his time on Lana he could have her but it appeared she wanted Clark.

“I know but it will be over soon. I haven’t found the time to break it to him Clark. He’ll be so crushed since he moved here for me and I want to let him down easy.” She spoke as if her leaving Jason would be the end of his world.

“I won’t live in secret Lana. If we are together then it’s only me and you.” Lex was choking back on laughter at what he just said. He was trying to play Clark but felt like a fool.

Her eyes lowered and she looked guilty, for about two seconds, before turning it all on Clark. “I know Clark but, you keep secrets from me too. Like what you and Chloe were talking about and didn’t want me to hear. Was it about me?”

Lex wanted to put her in her place. He wanted to tell her the world wasn’t built for Lana Lang and not everyone wanted her to consume their universe.

“You have secrets too Lana. I know you’re lying to me about what really happened in China.” Lex ignored his need to give Lana a piece of his mind and had more important things to get at.

She covered her mouth with her hand, in shock at what he’d said. Lana was overreacting and wanted to look like the victim. This time, she wasn’t dealing with Clark and wouldn’t be babied by him.

“I can’t believe you think I’m lying to you about the stone. After everything I went though in China I can’t believe you would say that to me Clark.” She was over compensating with her eyes and her words. Lex could tell she was lying and not doing a good job of it.

This was so difficult, Lex just wanted to shake the truth out of her. “I know how hard this is for you Lana. What’s happening with you and me, things being over with you and Jason, and on top of all that…. Isabelle is still lurking inside you. If you know something about the stone, you should trust me with that secret.”

Lex moved in on her, cupping her face in his hands. “You know how much I care about you.” He tried not to cringe at what he was about to say. “How much I love you and I have always been there for you. I know you don’t trust Lex or Jason but, you can trust me with the stone Lana.” He was looking at her as lovingly as he could and she was falling for it.

“You’re right Clark.” A smile started to form and she closed her eyes letting out a sigh before looking at him again. “Jason picked up the stone and gave it to me once we got back to Smallville. I wanted to tell you but I wasn’t sure if…”

Lex silenced her with a kiss. He kept the kiss soft and light, like he assumed Lana would want. She wasn’t clawing at him like Chloe was the night they kissed but, let him control everything.

A few moments ago she was waiting for Clark to take over like this. Lex always knew seducing Lana to get what he wanted would be easy. Clark was kissing Lana but Lex still had to be there for the ride.

Lex pulled back and saw Lana’s eyes still closed. “Where is the stone Lana?” Lex kept his voice low and calm.

She opened her eyes to look at him. “At my apartment above the Talon.” Lana was still smiling at him, like she’d won a prize or something.

“Thank you for trusting me.” He said, at a whisper, pulling her in to hug him. She sighed, wrapping her arms around him. “We really should talk about this tonight. I don’t want anyone to over hear us.”

“Okay, but you can’t tell anyone. You can’t tell Lex.” Lana pulled back from him and had a concerned look in her eyes. If only she knew that she had just told Lex everything she didn’t want to him to know.

“Of course not. The stones are not about him, they are about you.” Lex fed into her big ego and she smiled at him, happier than ever. A few well placed words and she was a puddle at his feet.

“I’ll see you tonight.” She said with a glimmer in her eyes.

“Yes, tonight and we can talk about this some more.” Lex let go of her and started to walk away from her. He didn’t look back and didn’t need to. She told him what he needed to know and now he was off to get his stone.

With a devilish grin on his face Lex was enjoying his time as Clark Kent more then he thought he would.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Lex wasted no time in going to the Talon to get the stone. He couldn’t very well walk in the front door and rip it off but, he loved knowing that he could. He was standing in the back alley looking up at Lana’s window and was going to get in another way.

In one swift motion, Lex jumped and punched the window open. Then, he went into the apartment. It was effortless and he really didn’t care about the window but, he hoped the Talon was busy enough so that no one heard him break the glass.

He was in the tiny apartment. Lex looked his body over for scars and found there were none from the smashed window. Breaking and entering was never so easy.

Lex paused for a few seconds. Looking over the place, he wondered where Lana would keep a priceless artifact in the apartment.

He looked at the shelf in the open kitchen area and started to push aside the boxes and bags of food there. This was going to take too long and he was starting to wish Clark could see through walls instead of setting them on fire with his eyes.

He focused on the stone fireplace across the room and was looking into the bathroom on the other side. Lex blinked a few times and opened his eyes again to look at the wall and it was just the fireplace. Lex wasn’t sure if he was losing his mind or if Clark had another ability.

He looked at the wall again, focusing like before. Lex saw beyond the bricks and dry wall into the interior of the wall. Looking harder and squinting his eyes, he had a clear view of the bathroom.

Clark was hiding so much from him but Lana wasn’t going to hide the stone from him with this power.

Lex looked all over the place with, what he quickly termed, x-ray vision. He settled his gaze on the bed. Under the mattress was the shape of what he came for. Taking no care at all to lift the mattress, he tossed it off and there was the stone he was desperately searching for.

The stone was resting in the middle of the bed and was the worst hiding place Lana could have thought of. Having what he thought he lost in his grasp, Lex smirked. He reached for the second stone resting in his back pocket and looked at them both.

Looking in his hands, he now had the stone for water and air. Edgar Cole told him the missing piece that Lex once had was fire. They looked as if they fit together somehow and he was sure the third stone was the final piece to the puzzle.

It was impossible, at first, to think Clark was the one on his airplane all that time ago who took the fire stone. Now, anything was possible.

Lex wasn’t allowed to dwell in his thoughts because his cell phone was ringing. He nearly dropped the stones because the ringing meant something was wrong with his body. Placing the stones into his jean pockets, Lex flipped open the cell phone.

“Has something happen to me.” He yelled into the phone.

“Code word Mr. Luthor.” His doctor said on the other end as if her world was coming to and end.

“Fides quae creditor” Lex used the second Latin phrase he told her to remember. It meant ‘the faith which is believed’. He needed more then faith right now to believe that Clark hadn’t woke up before his dead line at eight that night.

“Sir I’m sorry to say that something has happened that we could not predict.” Her voice was quivering and she had to be thinking about his warning from the previous night.

“What the hell happened?” Lex didn’t want her to be sorry, he wanted to know where Clark was if he was awake.

“Your body was fine but, you had a rush in heart rate. I tried to prepare another small dose of the drug to give you through a central line but you were awake. The guard tried to stop you from getting up but there was a struggle and…” She paused and the panic in her voice was rising with every word.

“Where is my body now?” This wasn’t right and it couldn’t be happening. Everything was going so well.

Martha and Jonathan told him what he wanted to know about Clark and Chloe was actually considering talking to Lex again. He couldn’t wait to get into his body to see her again and get the kiss that he missed out on today. Lana was so easily duped and Lex had two of the stones in his possession now.

All the secrets he was hoping to solve in Clark’s body he had but, right now, it was all falling apart. What was happening should be one secret he could keep from Clark once he was back in his body but, now that Clark was awake, there was no telling what could happen.

“Sir I don’t…I don’t know. He left the manor.” The woman sounded terrified but Lex didn’t have time to deal with her. She didn’t do her job and should have done anything to keep his body sedated until he was in it.

He didn’t say another word to her and closed the cell phone. He made sure the stones were resting safely in his pockets and super sped out the window.

Lex wasn’t about to lose everything now that he had found out so much. He had to write down all the secrets he learned to ensure he didn’t forget them once he was back in his body.

Once all his hard work was secured he had to find his body.

He had to find the real Clark Kent.

Chapter 6 Me Again

lj715
14th June 2006, 06:43
WOW! Lots going on here. Excellent chapter. Love how Lex used Lana to get the whereabouts of the stones but kinda gross about hiw he had to kiss her. Glad he didn't like it . Can't believe Clark ( in Lex's body) walked away from the mansion. UGH!!!! This is gonna screw everything up. Totally figures. Can't wait for the next chapter.

FroggyJump
14th June 2006, 15:30
i've enjoyed the steps that Lex has made to bridge the gap between chloe and himself even though it has all been within Clark. And of course Clark would wake up to put a dampner on things. I like it all so far Letia

westwingwolf
14th June 2006, 17:45
I don't care if Lex is in Clark's body, he shouldn't have to suffer the torture that is kissing Lana. That's one thing he won't need to write down, just let the goodness that is the power of memory erasing do it's work. So now all Lex has to do is write down what he knows, put what he's written and the stone somewhere safe, get back into his body, hook up with Chloe, and continue with his plans for world domination. Shouldn't be too difficult for our Lexy. And if he can manage to mess up things for Clark and Lana along the way, well then I say all the better.

Love the update, definitely going to need more.

Kit Merlot
14th June 2006, 19:16
Oh man, Letia, you have captured Lana's self-absorption perfectly.

And I do like that you are showing Chloe's impatience with Clark's crap.

Wonderful work:D

Gaia
14th June 2006, 21:23
Good old Lana in her Lana zone where she is the queen. Let's just make sure that there will be Chlex and that will make the world go round again:D

hfce
15th June 2006, 04:15
Oh my Lord that was so good. More please more... :beg:

trixie mcbimbo
15th June 2006, 04:26
Woohoo! Chlexy sexy smut! Woohoo!

Now, time for some Lana torture? Please? Pretty please? With naked!Lex on top?

newbatgirl
15th June 2006, 04:31
Hey, I read this before work but there was no time to post how much I enjoyed this update. Now I am home and relatively incoherent due to fatigue so apologies for any typos, wrong words, or nonsense.

First off, I love that you don't skimp on the updates. this was very long and satisfying.

Secondly, I loved LexinClark's messing with Lana's mind and the fact that it was sooo easy for him to do. I also liked how he keeps discovering more and more of Clark's powers.

Now, please don't let ClarkinLex have gone too far. We need our real Lexy back!

pipersmum
19th June 2006, 17:53
wow I am really enjoying this story and now Clark/Lex has woken up and run off this is going to get more interesting!! I love it I can't wait for another update. :)

letia84
20th June 2006, 03:26
Chapter 6 Me Again

There was little to no time for Lex to write down everything he learned. A few things he could leave out and let amnesia take over once he was in his own body. The kiss he gave Lana would fade away and he was grateful for it.

Sitting in his study, Lex was frantically typing what he told Chloe and how she reacted to everything he said. He made several notes as to her response to his potential feelings and any of her feelings towards him.

It was easy to note that he now had the third stone and what Clark’s abilities were. The information he learned from his talk with Chloe was taking him longer than he liked to get down. It was important to make sure he knew every expression, glance and word she said while they talked.

It was troubling that Clark was missing for the past thirty minutes and Lex hadn’t started his search for him. He assumed Clark would go to his parents first but, looking the way he did, they may not believe who he really was. If Clark wanted help then, Lex assumed, he’d run right to Chloe. At that point, Lex would be screwed. He made so many mistakes with her; Clark coming to her in his body would be the nail in the coffin.

Finally, getting everything down, he saved the text file, shut down his computer then made his way to the secret vault hidden behind the book shelf. Lex took the air stone from his pocket, placed it inside the vault and then secured the door. His first stop was going to be the Kent Farm to find his body.

By now Lex was more than ready to get back into it. He was enjoying Clark’s abilities but he wasn’t enjoying the feel of his body. His full head of hair, his broad shoulders and the curves of Clark’s face were very unsettling. He wanted to feel the soft fabric of his own clothes, the cool feel of his scalp, and he was longing to be comfortable in his own skin.

There were reasons to stay as he was. Not to repeat high school or to live his life as lap dog to Lana Lang but, there were real reasons to stay as Clark. The feeling of actually having parents was something Lex didn’t want to pass up. He could still feel the final hug Martha gave him before he went to school. Being trusted by the people around him with out question was very appealing.

The idea of starting life over, at a time he was at his worst, didn’t sound so bad.

The reasons to remain as he was were all out weighed by Lex’s stronger sense of self. He was doing everything possible not to become his father and thought he was succeeding. It hurt him more than wanted to admit but, he had a mother that loved him and would never want to replace her with someone else even though she left long before she died.

As Clark, he could never have what he wanted with Chloe. It was clear to him now that he made a foolish mistake. A mistake he could fix if given the chance and it appeared Chloe wanted to give him that chance.

There was no question to what he would do when he saw Clark. He wanted to be in his own body again. To his surprise his body came right to him bursting though the doors of the study.

“What did you do?” Lex heard his voice coming from his body and it was little surreal.

“I told you, Clark.” Lex was walking from the book shelf towards the door when Clark came into the room. Lex used the super speed in front of Clark, showing him he knew the truth. “I told you I would find out the truth and now I have.”

“It doesn’t matter, you won’t remember.” Clark yelled and Lex never heard his voice sound so shrill and timid. He looked over himself and his body looked worn and tired. The drugs had to be the reason for his weary appearance.

The stone to transfer them was resting in his pocket but Lex took the time to have a little fun with Clark before putting it to use. “Clark, do you really think I would go through all of this and not remember?”

“Lionel didn’t and you won’t either.” Clark moved toward him, putting Lex’s face right into his own. “Now where is the stone?” His jaw was clinched and it was easy to see Clark was furious.

Lex grabbed his own throat, making sure not to squeeze too hard, and tossed his body to the side of the room. “I always knew you were freakishly strong Clark but, I never thought you had as many powers as you did.”

He watched Clark trying to will his body up to stand while gasping for air. “You don’t understand…”

“I don’t understand what, Clark?” Lex interrupted his self righteous speech before he could get it out. “You don’t trust me.” He moved down to his body sitting up on the floor and picked him up by the purple dress shirt he put on the day before. “You assumed I wouldn’t understand that you weren’t even human.”

He watched Clark closely, holding his body in place and his eyes widened in disbelief. “How did you know?” He mumbled.

“It was rather easy to concluded, Clark, that you have all the same powers as the man in prophecy on the caves walls so you must be Naman. “ Lex tossed him back to the other side of the room before he went on. “The strength, the speed, the heat vision and being able to see through walls; I have never seen a meteor infected person with so many abilities. It makes me think that you are something else entirely. It makes you very special Clark Kent.”

“You’re right but, I was right too.” Clark breathed out and got up on his own this time before Lex could reach him. “You can’t be trusted. Look at what you’ve done.”

Lex shook his head; Clark always underestimated the lengths he would go in order to find the truth. “You brought this on yourself Clark, nothing I did for you ever mattered. I tried to be your friend, to help out your family but look at how I’m repaid.” Lex took hold of him again and felt Clark struggle but, he wasn’t going any where. “I’m lied to over and over and over again. You might be thinking I grew up in world of lies, I should be used to it by now but I called you my friend Clark.” He tossed him back on the ground and it was time to get back into his body.

“I called you my friend and day after day you abused that friendship by lying to me.” Lex was hovering over his own body. “Look at it this way Clark, once you’re back in your own body, you won’t remember a thing. This will all be one of those weird days in Smallville but, I’ll know the truth. I’ll know everything.”

Lex reach into his pocket to pull the stone out but something was wrong. He wasn’t feeling Clark’s strength coursing through his veins. He was feeling weak, almost as if he was dying. Lex turned to the open doorway of the study and Chloe was standing there hold a green meteor rock out in front of her.

“You don’t know everything Lex.” Clark got up from the ground and Lex replaced the space with Clark’s body toppling over.

“What? Chloe? Why? How?” He breathed out short questions, unable to fully think anymore. He could see the anger in Chloe’s eyes moving towards Clark, still holding the meteor rock out towards him.

“Thank you Chloe.” Clark placed Lex’s hand at her back. He was using Lex’s hand to touch Chloe, something he hadn’t done himself in months.

“How do you switch back?” She questioned and he could hear the resentment in her voice.

“I just have to find the stone, I’m sure he kept it close to himself.” Clark searched the pockets of Lex’s jeans taking the stone away from him.

Lex was withering and wincing in pain on the floor and didn’t understand why. Clark was so strong; of course there was a weakness. He was going to switch them back and Lex wouldn’t be able to remember this. He would know all about Clark’s powers but, wouldn’t remember his one weakness.

“Chloe, stop please.” Lex tried to talk to her, reaching for her to put the rock down.

“I knew something was wrong with you. The talk on the phone, the coffee and the hug were all so strange. How couldn’t I know that something was wrong with you?” She wanted to hurt him and she was putting the meteor rock closer and closer to him as she spoke.

“Chloe?” Lex was left with nothing and mumbled her name, pleading with her to stop. Whatever progress he made with her today was now lost. How could she trust him again after he pretended to be her best friend to manipulate her into thinking about him again? It appeared there was no coming back from it now.

“Chloe, that’s enough.” Lex heard his own voice again and saw Clark pulling her back. “I know you’re angry at me and him but, once we exchange I need you to tell me what happened.”

“Why?” She was still looking at him and her eyes were like razors cutting into him. Chloe didn’t lower the rock and it appeared she wasn’t going to.

“I won’t remember being Lex, just like I won’t remember telling you my secret in order for you to help me.” Clark touched her again placing his hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry Clark, I’ll help you.” She turned away from Lex, who was now grunting in pain on the floor. “You can trust me.” She finished.

“It’s time you got back in your own body.” Clark moved closer to him, kneeling down on his level. “Throw the rock away Chloe.” Lex heard him yell out to her and, being as weak as he was, Clark placed the stone on top of his hand and they were switching back.

The room lit up around them and the exchange sent them both flying across the room. Lex’s back slammed back on the wall next to the doors leading out of the room and he slumped down on the ground.

Things were happening just as they did before. Lex looked at his arm and wasn’t in flannel. He ran his hand over his smooth scalp feeling the perspiration that settled there. Things were a hazy mess and the last thing he remembered was drinking the drug and then using the stone on Clark.

Lex’s mind started racing. He didn’t know if the stone worked and wouldn’t know, for sure, until he looked on his computer for a new file detailing what happened.

“Lex?” Lex jerked his head to the side after hearing what he thought was Chloe’s voice. He had no idea why she was there.

“Chloe, what happened?” He mumbled and forced himself to stand. He was feeling worn, like he was tossed around the room and didn’t know why.

She didn’t answer him and moved to the other side of room. Lex focused for the first time on Clark getting up from in front of his desk. “Chloe what’s going on? Why I’m on the floor?” Clark said to her looking around the room.

Lex watched him going through the same emotions he was. It had to mean that his plan worked and he hoped he was able to record something before they switched back. He padded down his pockets for the stone and didn’t feel it. It was gone or Clark had it now.

The only person able to tell them both what was going was Chloe.

Lex moved over to the two of them and Chloe took a few steps back once he was in was in front of them. “Chloe, do you know what happened?”

“Yeah Chloe, what’s going on?” Clark repeated and they were both looking at her.

She shrugged her shoulders shaking her head as if she didn’t know. “I just walked in here and the two of you were on the floor.” She turned to Clark. “I haven’t seen you all day so I went to your parents and they said you didn’t come home last night but the last place you went to was here at the manor.” She turned her attention to Lex and he saw her holding her hands behind her back as if she was hiding something. “So I came to see Lex to ask him if he’d seen you and there you both were on the ground.”

It sounded like a very well thought out lie. Lex could see right through it and knew something was wrong. Clark on the other hand seemed to accept it.

“I should go home. My parents must be worried sick about me.” Clark announced he was leaving and started to push pass Lex.

“Clark, you don’t think I did something do you?” Lex called to him at the doorway of the study. “I thought we just shook hands on how much we trust each other?”

“I don’t know what’s going on but you’re right, we do trust each other.” They looked at each other for a moment and Lex could see the doubt in Clark’s eyes.

“Chloe, are you coming?” Clark got her attention. She was just standing there, not too far away from him.

Lex turned his attention back to her. “I’m right behind you.” She said and then she waited.

“Chloe…” Lex was going to say something, he wasn’t sure what he would say but, she stopped him.

“Don’t. You don’t remember what happened at all?” She questioned searching for the truth in him.

“No, I don’t remember.” Lex answered honestly, not knowing what was going on until he got to his computer.

“Give me your hand.” She said and brought her arms from behind her back.

Lex held out his hand to her. Chloe’s hand hovered over his and he saw her hand close around something. She dropped the object into his hand and Lex focused on the transference stone. “Chloe I… I can explain…” He started again but she interrupted.

”I’ll explain later.” She touched the side of his cheek and brushed her fingers across it then, quickly left the room.

Lex didn’t know why but she looked at him the same way she did the night they kissed. She gave him the stone and had to know what he’d done. Lex squeezed the hard marble rock in his palm and ran to his laptop. He had to know what happened. He had to know if his plan worked.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

The day passed while Lex spent his time reading his notes from his day as Clark Kent. He did accomplish what he had set out to do and knew everything he wanted to know about Clark Kent by spending one day as him.

Lex was rereading his notes several times and still didn’t believe he’d gotten so much done in so little time. The evidence of his progress was resting in the vault. He had two of the stones now and only needed the one he’d lost. The one he had lost to Clark.

After reading his note, Lex took time to take care of himself. He been unconsciousness most of the day and was still feeling worn, like he’d been in a fight.

He started by taking a long, hot shower. While the hot water ran down his back, Lex leaned forward and placed one hand on the cool tiles in front of him. His mind was reeling over what he had recorded about his time with Chloe while in Clark’s body.

There was a glimmer of hope that his feelings for her were not one sided. It wasn’t clear to Lex what she actually wanted and it wasn’t clear why she gave him the stone. He wanted to kiss Chloe again and not botch the experience this time. The anticipation of this kiss was causing Lex to become aroused.

One of his hands was resting in front him and the other was coiling around his arousal. Just as he was about to bring himself to quick release, the phone in the bathroom started to ring.

Lex asked not to be disturbed unless one person came to see him. He disregarded his painful erection for the moment and stepped out of the shower soaking wet, dripping all over the place, to reach for the phone at the far wall across the shower.

“Tell her to wait.” Lex said into the receiver then, waited for the guard to get an answer from Chloe if she was going to stay or not.

“She said she won’t wait around forever sir.” The doorman responded into the phone.

“I’ll be down shortly.” Thinking quick, Lex jumped back into the shower and finished cleaning himself off. He ignored how silly he felt getting nervous about seeing Chloe. He wanted to see Chloe. He couldn’t wait to see Chloe.

Whatever she thought about Lex switching bodies with Clark apparently didn’t change her feelings for him. She trusted Lex with the stone before running off after Clark.

There was little he could do about his hard on now so he decided to ignore it. Lex could have gone for the quick release but, with Chloe waiting in his study, he couldn’t leave her there for too long.

Dressed and calmer than when he got the phone call, Lex walked into his study. Chloe was seated on the plush leather sofa in the center of the room waiting for him.

“Chloe?” Lex called out to her to get her attention as she stared off into the empty fireplace.

She turned in her seat and stood up. “Do you remember being Clark, because Clark hasn’t a clue that he was you?”

It was good to hear that Clark was still lost as to what happened. The fact that Lex knew Clark’s secret without Clark knowing, was reassuring. “I remember.” Lex moved into the room to stand in front of her. “Did you know it was me before or after Clark told you?”

“I knew after you left me to talk to Lana. Clark would’ve never acted the way you were without me assuming that something was wrong with him again . “Her hands were fisted at her sides, her jaw was clenched and the tension in the room couldn’t be over looked. “I want you tell me why you thought it was a good idea to manipulate me. If you wanted to know how I felt about you then you should have asked. I tried to tell you months ago but you choose to call me a child and push me away.”

Chloe moved closer to him and he could feel her breath coating his face. “I want you to tell me why I should trust you ever again after what you did.”

Lex swallowed hard seeing the determined look in her eyes and the fire igniting inside her ready to consume them both. After months of doing what he thought was best for her, Lex couldn’t bring himself to do it anymore. He lied and he used Clark’s body to get what he wanted from her but, it didn’t matter. She cared enough to be yelling at him and she wanted to trust him again. Chloe could have easily given the stone to Clark and told him what he done but she didn’t.

Lex was finally himself again and he could do what he wanted instead of what Clark would do. “Chloe,” Her name came out like a whisper and Lex couldn’t bring it above anything else.

His hand reached out for her and she didn’t pull away. It clutched the dark blazer she was wearing and pulled her closer to meet him as he moved towards her. The other went for the soft expanse of her cheek to stroke into gently. “I’m sorry but you can’t punish the actions of a desperate man.”

She blinked several times and Lex could feel her chest heaving up and down against his. Her hands moved between them slowly and Lex could see them trembling as they ran up the front of his crisp, clean dress shirt. “Desperate for what exactly?” Her head titled up to his, closing the tiny gap between them. Her hands moved around him completely locking at the base of his neck.

Lex was still feeling rather aroused from thinking about her in the shower. Her warm, lush curves resting completely against him were making it worse. His hand brushed past her cheek to finger the strands of hair, pushing it back away from her face to expose her green eyes to him.

“Desperate for you if you haven’t noticed.” Lex lowered his mouth to her lips, glistening from the light in the room. “I’m desperate for you to forgive me for being such a fool after calling you a child and pushing you away.” He spoke against her mouth, inches away from getting the kiss that he wanted. Lex wanted her to seal the deal by showing him that she still wanted this.

“You are the village idiot.” Her lips brushed across his gently then stopped suddenly. The sound of her voice sent little trembles though his entire body from his mouth down. “But, I miss the village idiot.” Chloe closed the tiny space that parted their lips. Lex’s hand cupped around her hair and pulled her closer to him.

He was kissing her. He was holding her. He was letting himself have what he denied he wanted for months but, something was wrong. There were still unanswered questions as to why she was even here at all and not siding with Clark.

Lex was happy to be himself again but, wasn’t prepared for the consequences of his actions that day. He thought it would be easy seeing the world through Clark’s eyes and learning what he needed to but, he would have to pay a price for it.

Chloe pulled back from Lex, stopping the kiss from getting any farther. She unlocked her hands from around him and grabbed his to take them off her. “That didn’t answer my question.” She said sarcastically.

Lex had to force his eyes open to look at Chloe. She’d taken a few steps away from him. Whatever was happening between them had to be put on hold until he answered her question.

“Well?” Chloe looked at him intently waiting for him to say something. “Start talking.”

Lex took in a deep breath. “First, I want you to tell me why you gave me the stone.”

She rolled her eyes and breathed out, taking a seat back in her initial position on the leather sofa. “I couldn’t do it anymore.”

Lex sat next to her making sure he wasn’t too close. His body was humming from the kiss and he wasn’t sure if he could control himself if he sat too close. “You couldn’t do what anymore?”

“I couldn’t put all my trust in Clark anymore.” Chloe smoothed back the loose strands of hair that had become out of place and seemed reluctant to tell him the rest. “When you came to see me, no, when Clark came to see me and he was you… he was in your body I realized that I couldn’t do it anymore.”

“That doesn’t explain why you handed the stone over to me after what I did with it.” Lex leaned in closer to her trying to catch her gaze.

“That’s just it Lex, I understand why you did it.” She looked at him, her eyes focused on his. “Clark came to me and he needed my help. He trusted me with his secret because he needed someone to tell him the truth once it was all over. I actually had to force him to tell me why it was dangerous for you to be in his body. You did something wrong but, I didn’t know what it was about Clark that made him so dangerous for you.”

“He told you about his gifts?” Lex put it gently that what Clark was hiding were simply gifts. While reading over his notes little things about his dealings with Clark, that were a mystery and convoluted before, suddenly made sense.

She gave him the slightest grin before she explained. “He was determined to remember how distrustful you were and decided you couldn’t be trusted again. I was standing there listening to his self righteous, self absorbed rant about how evil you were when it hit me. Clark only cares about Clark. He lied to me; he’s been lying to me for years. Once he switched back into his body, he would forget ever telling me the truth. I believed that if I told him that I knew the truth, he would regret telling me. He continues to lie to me because he doesn’t trust me. I knew the truth, I have known it for while but I’ve been waiting for him to tell me. So, I couldn’t do it anymore Lex. I couldn’t wait around for Clark to decide that I deserved to know the truth. That’s why I gave you the stone; I hoped you would tell me what you knew because Clark never will.”

“I’d say you more then understand why I did what I did.” Lex listened to every word closely and it sounded like Chloe had realized the same things he had about Clark and his idea of friendship. “I had no other choice. I assumed that the only way to understand Clark Kent was to be him.”

Chloe’s hand reached over and rested on top of his. “You know Clark’s secret but, what about me? Why did you try to lie to me? You weren’t very good at it by the way.”

He covered her hand on his; it wasn’t going to be easy telling her the truth. In a way, Lex already told Chloe why he distanced himself from her but she wanted to hear it from him now and not Clark. “I was telling you the truth when I said I was scared.”

“Scared of me?” Her eyes were searching while putting all the pieces together. “Scared you’ll hurt me?”

“Yes, that you will be hurt. Not necessarily by me but, when it happens, it will be because of me.” Lex lifted his hand to touch the side of her face again and met the soft curve of her cheek with his fingers without rejection.

“That has to be most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of Luthor.” She pulled away standing up to hover over him. “On the off chance something was to happen to me it wouldn’t be your fault. You want me to think that you’re some dangerous, cold hearted bastard but I know better. All that time we spent together last year allowed me to know better than to think of you that way.”

“Yes, you know I have a soft spot but, Chloe it may have come out the wrong way, what I was trying to tell you that night…”

She put her hands up and started to walk out of the room. “If you’re going to call me a child then I’m done talking to you.”

He wasn’t going to let her leave, not this time. Lex moved across the room after her grabbing her arm with more force then he should have, keeping her in the study with him. “I wasn’t going to call you a child again.”

“Then what were you going to call me? Baby, naive, immature, juvenile, no, puerile that’s it. Were you going to sit there and tell me that I couldn’t possibly be feeling something for you because of my puerile nature?” She panted out breathes, struggling to get her arm free from him.

“That’s not what I was going to say.” Lex didn’t want to hold her against her will but she had to listen to him. “I was going say that I was trying to tell you I don’t deserve to have someone like you in my life.”

Her eyes squinted, her body relaxed and she was looking at him as if she didn’t know him. “What is that suppose to mean?”

“It means that the slim chance I had of ever attracting someone like you wouldn’t be deserved. I have done and I just did a horrible thing. How could I possibly be rewarded for it?” Lex’s chest was starting to burn. All this honesty was taking its toll on him and he just wanted it all to be over. Hiding behind self pity was what he’d done for months. Chloe deserved better than him or Clark using her.

He let go of her arm and she turned her back to him. “You’re acting like you’re in love with me or something?” Her response came out more as a question than as one of her quips.

Lex moved in behind her placing his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. He took in the faint scent of lavender and sighed, content for the moment that he was getting so much physical contact with her. “It sounds that way because I am in love with you.” He felt her go stiff like a board against him. “Chloe, can you look at me?”

“No.” She muttered and kept her self planted to the floor with her back to him.

“Why not?” Lex whispered leaning down to rest his mouth at her ear.

He couldn’t see her face so he couldn’t decide what she was feeling. Her hands covered his, locked in front of her and she started to shiver a little. “Because you can’t push me away, manipulate me then tell me you love me.”

“I know the situation isn’t ideal and I haven’t exactly acted like a man that is in love with you but, I want to start.” He didn’t want to push her but his body had a mind of it own. His pelvis pushed into her backside as he held her tighter. “Please look at me.”

“All right.” She breathed out and started moving. Lex had to loosen his grip to allow her to move. She was looking at him and he could see she wasn’t taking the truth like he wanted her to. “I don’t forgive you. Just because you say you love me doesn’t fix everything Lex in fact, it makes everything a hundred times more difficult. You can’t trick me then tell me you love me. You can’t kiss Lana then tell me you love me. You can’t ignore me for months then tell me you love me. You can’t look at me like the way you’re looking at me right now, like I’m some crazy person, and love me.”

Lex tried to hold in his laugher but he was looking at her like she was bit off color. While she was talking, her body was squirming closer to him, moving her arms around him then her hands were traveling up the back of his head. Her bodies reactions weren’t that of some one rejecting him.

“Can I kiss you now or do you want to yell at me some more?” Lex said dryly.

She answered him quickly pulling him down to her; pressing her lips against his. This time there seemed to be more of an urgent need in both of them. Lex, playing with how far his boundaries could go, reached for the swell of her buttocks. He gripped the soft flesh in each hand pulling her close to his very painful erection.

Lex slipped past her lips with his tongue, tasting Chloe for the second time in months. He could hear her moaning and moving into him, rocking her hips while he gripped her backside tighter. Her fingers teased the back of his scalp, settling on the tiny numb resting on his head and the feeling was driving insane.

Nothing could ruin what was happening at that moment. The room was filling with their muffled grunts and moans but something interrupted them. The sound was sharp and crisp to Lex’s ears and, if he wasn’t mistaken, it was a shot gun being cocked behind him.

He pulled back away from Chloe, looked to the side of her head and was greeted with the barrel of the gun being held by Jason Teague. “How are you doing Lex? I always pegged you for wanting Lana but Chloe’s not a bad runner up.” Jason said mockingly, holding the shot gun steady at the back of Chloe’s head.

“I think you have something that belongs to me.” Genevieve Teague spoke not standing far behind her son. “And I want it right now.”

All this time as Clark, Lex saw the world as he did. If he was Clark now he could stop them. If he had Clark’s powers, he could stop them from doing what he knew Genevieve would resort to do in order to get the stones.

His fear was coming true and Chloe was going to get hurt because of him. There was nothing he could do this time to stop it. No matter how hard he tried Lex Luthor didn’t save people like Clark Kent. Time and time again he could only offer them pain and suffering.

The End

Notes: Thank you guys for reading this and all the feedback. I know I ended it in an odd place but the point was Lex to be Clark and that’s over now. I do have a sequel for this story planned. If anyone is interested in it please let me know and I’ll post it.

Alizaleven
20th June 2006, 06:23
OooOOooo a sequel?!?! This is soo exciting! I love this story and how you wrote it. I never thought about if Clark and Lex could have ever switched bodies and it was pretty cool.

Yay! I really hope you post your sequel! :D

planetcal
20th June 2006, 08:46
Yay a sequel!!!!!!!! Great story can't wait for the sequel.

kinky
20th June 2006, 12:20
a sequel is in order!!! you can't end it here!!!

pipersmum
20th June 2006, 13:14
That was great but it ended!!! Did you say if we wanted to read the sequel DUH!!! silly question yes please :)

hfce
20th June 2006, 15:18
That was an amazing update but yeah I want a sequel. You can't leave us hanging like that. :D

Krysia
20th June 2006, 19:25
Poor Lex, this will only make his belief that he can bring nothing but pain to those he loves, stronger. Please, don't stop here. I want them to be happy together.

westwingwolf
20th June 2006, 20:12
I'm going to need a sequal, one that proves Lex can save the people he cares about all on him own. I loved that Chloe chose Lex over Clark.

letia84
22nd June 2006, 21:36
Notes: Thank you for your feedback and interest in the sequel for this story. Here is the teaser for the next story so look out for it in the coming weeks.

Title: Nobody's Hero (Sequel to Through Another Man's Eyes.)
Author: Letia84
Rating: PG-13/R For adult language, some sexual content, and some violence
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. Own by DC and Warner Brothers
Summary: Lex has everything that’s eluded him for years. He now knows who Clark Kent really is, he is in possession of two of the Kiwatche cave stones and has Chloe in his arms at last. Lex’s new found knowledge should have been the start of a new beginning of his life in Smallville but, now the most important thing he’s gained could be taken away. Lex realizes he’s nobody’s hero when Chloe’s life is placed in danger once again. During the final moments before the second meteor shower can he proven him self to be just as heroic as Clark Kent or will Lex control his own density and become more then just a hero.

SinnerSaint
22nd June 2006, 21:55
I would love for there to be a sequel to this. You can't end it like that ! The whole story was really good though.

lj715
22nd June 2006, 22:05
Sounds great!!!!!! Can't wait to read it!

kirt30
22nd June 2006, 22:31
loved it can't wait to read the sequal

hfce
22nd June 2006, 22:51
Sounds very good. I can't wait to read it. ;)

ggdoll18
25th June 2006, 07:01
loved it, im in for the sequel!

BellaMR
27th June 2006, 12:04
Loved this story. I'll have to go look for that promised sequel.

Gaia
27th June 2006, 19:56
Missa like the idea for the sequel:) On with it please:)

Lillian
2nd July 2006, 00:37
Thank you for the sequel

Willower
3rd July 2006, 02:02
that was a great twist, with chloe having control of the situation and being the only one able to tell clark about what happened. nice work

autumngold
4th July 2006, 19:29
Thank you for the fabulous story!! I can't wait to read the sequel!! I hope that Lex can prove to himself, and Chloe, that he really is a hero!!

malugargula
13th February 2007, 17:25
Great fic
:)
Now I'll read the sequel

DarkFire
8th April 2007, 02:06
Nice story. Now I will read the sequel. But I feel like Chloe was very soft with Lex. I believe if she wants to be her equal he should demand that from him. :grin3:

Marie
28th June 2007, 09:45
Interesting story. Please start the sequel soon!

letia84
28th June 2007, 17:43
Interesting story. Please start the sequel soon!
The sequel is complete. Nobody's Hero (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=4623) and the first part of the end of the trilogy is also up. Getting it Right (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5525) Thanks for your interest.

starmoon
6th April 2008, 09:06
i like this story and can't wait to read the sequel.

sabby
4th July 2008, 15:25
That was an interesting story. I liked the premise from the get go and the way you carried it out was great. Lex's justification for his drastic actions fits with his character and the way you brought Chloe into the mix rang true. It's also completely in Clark's nature not to reveal his secret unless he is absolutely forced to do so. The way you worked it, it could have easily happened in canon.

I liked that you showed Lex's conflicts through out the whole story, second guessing himself but still sticking to the plan even when he felt guilt for what he was doing. That is a portrait of Lex I like much better than the cardboard villain we've been getting on the show for the past two seasons.

Chloe's reasoning for giving Lex the stone was a little weird, but it works when you take into consideration that she's in love with Lex.

Now I'm going to read the sequel. It was evil to end it there, by the way, so I'm glad I don't have to wait to read how things continue now that the Teagues are in the mix.

Ami Rose
27th May 2013, 09:11
Oh wow really? You stopped there? Great story on to next one fast!