PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Tango Amore (PG-13)

sabby
12th June 2003, 23:08
Disclaimer: Yeah, sure, I own them. That's why I spend the better part of my days reading, reviewing and writing fic instead of screwing them senseless. Come On! You know me better! They belong to the WB. But I treat them better *G*

A/N: For those of you who are all pickish about the song, just PRETEND there is a slow version of it, k? I know you can if you try.

‘Here we go again’ I think as I stand on the side lines of the big ball room, watching the happy couples dance and enjoy the evening at the Annual Charity Ball of the Cancer Society. ‘Chloe Sullivan, why is it that you can’t keep a man at your side for at least one evening?’

I sigh deeply, scanning the crowd and seriously entertaining the thought of just going home and working up a good lecture for Clark when he calls the next time. Yes it had been the ex-farmboy – now reporter for the Daily Planet, again. Why do I agree going out with him, when I should know he’ll just ditch me with some pathetic excuse some time into the evening.

I look at the pillar to my left, letting my fingers touch one of the beautiful flowers that are draped in a vase on top of it. Flowers make up the main part of the decoration this time. Mostly roses in all colors. They look beautiful. Some of them are still closed, some already in full bloom.

When I turn my gaze back at the enormous dance floor, my eyes land on him. He smirks at me as he makes his way through the crowd, heading in my direction. ‘Still the handsome devil he always was’ I think as I shoot him my own version of the Luthor smirk. I would never admit it, but it took me months in front of a mirror to perfect it.

“Miss Sullivan. Alone on the side lines? What happened to your date?” he asks me, leaning back against the wall beside me.

“Well seeing as my date for the evening was Clark, I’ll give you three guesses,” I retort.

Lex seems to mull over his first guess for a second and I have to grin at the mock concentrated expression he dons. “I’d go with…He got a very important call from Lois and has to go after her because she needs his help.”

“Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, and we have a winner!” I say in a fake chipper voice.

For a split second it actually looks like Lex is going to roll his eyes, but then he stops himself. The man is pretty good at hiding his emotions, but somehow I still manage to make the mask slip once in a while.

“Sometimes I wonder what it is with him and brunettes with the initials LL,” he shakes his head.

“Well you are lucky that you are a red head then, or used to be, so you should be safe.” I grin challengingly at him, waiting for his reaction.

Lex looks at me a little shocked for a second, before he bursts out in laughter. His warm blue eyes are sparkling with true amusement. I join in the laughter and it takes a few minutes until we are able to calm down again.

When we both have regained our control, I look up at him and smile sweetly, “So, where is your date for the evening?”

Lex winces almost imperceptibly and runs a hand over the back of his head. “Probably saving a cat from a tree as we speak. “

I look at him, raising my eyebrows. “Firewoman.” He says.

I nod, drumming my fingers on the wall behind me.

God when has speaking about dates with Lex become awkward? I shoot him a smile, waiting for him to carry on if he wants to. Half hoping he’d just leave me alone so I could go home and mope with Ben&Jerry, the other half hoping he would say or do anything to save this conversation and just maybe the whole night.

Suddenly a familiar tune comes to my ears. Tango, La Cumparsita and my foot starts tapping along on its own volition. Lex notices and shoots me a wide grin, before reaching behind me and pulling one of the roses out of the vase. He holds his other hand out to me, bowing lightly.

I look at him a little askance. He can’t be serious. He is serious, I realize, as he takes my hand and pulls me towards the dance floor. I start to protest, but my words are cut off as he blocks my mouth with the long stem of the rose. I glare at him as he positions our arms and before I realize it he has lead me into the dance.

I am surprised at myself for not stepping on his feet. He is a perfect dancer and leads me to the most daring moves I ever tried. When I took the dancing class last year, I would never have imagined being able to get more than the basic moves. I find myself lifting my leg, bending it at the knee, my heels grazing against the back of his leg as I bend backwards in his arms.

Without hesitation he pulls me back up towards him, my hair whipping around my head as our face come close. He uses a pause in the melody to inch closer, tipping his head to the side at the last possible moment, snatching the rose away from my lips with his teeth. I am mesmerized by his eyes as he pulls back from me, slowly, before he picks up the dancing moves in perfect rhythm, taking me along. My eyes are rooted to his and I can’t seem to let go of his intense gaze.

After what seems like forever, I feel him leading me into an outside turn and when I come full circle he pulls me flush against him, our faces mere inches apart. I only realize the dance has ended, when I hear the familiar tunes replaced by loud clapping. I dare to look around me and see the other guests on the side lines, applauding wildly to our performance.

I know by the heat in my cheeks that my face must have turned a brilliant shade of red and the earth should swallow me right here, right now would be good, too. I look back at Lex and realize that we are still standing in the same position, pressed against each other and, with my face turned to him, almost nose to nose. The rose is in his left hand by now.

My breathing is still labored from the dancing, as is his and I just can’t bring myself to move away. He bends down, whispering into my ear, “By the way, you have lovely legs, Miss Sullivan, and you sure know how to use them.”

I don’t know if I should blush or slap him, so I decide to go with neither, pulling away from him. The people around us have started to dance again, the evening continuing smoothly. I turn away about to leave without saying another word, but find myself stopped by his hand around my wrist. “Stay,” He says.

And I make the mistake to turn my head and look back into his eyes. I am not sure what I can see there, but it makes me step back towards him.

“One more dance before you go,” he whispers as he pulls me close and I listen to the song that is now coming up and contemplate the possibility of karma, or a conspiracy. It is a slow song, and I find myself moving closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder as his arms close around my waist. We slowly start moving and I listen to the lyrics, losing myself in the dance and in Lex’s scent enveloping me.

And I'm in so totally
Wrapped up emotionally
Attracted so physically
Actin' so recklessly
I need you so desperately
Sure as the sky is blue
Baby, I love you, I love you

I never knew that I could feel like this
Can hardly wait till our next kiss
You're so cool
If I'm dreaming please don't wake me up
Cause baby I can't get enough
Of what you do

And I'm in so electrically
Charged up kinetically
Actin' erratically
Need you fanatically
You get to me magically
Sure as the sky is blue

Baby, I love you
Do you love me too
Baby, I love you

As the song fades out I lift my head from Lex’s shoulder and look up into his eyes. My breath catches in my throat as I see the intense look he is directing at me. I am drawn closer to him and my eyelids drift shut as I experience the sweetest kiss of my whole life. Rational thought flies out the window as I feel his lips on mine, his tongue slowly exploring my mouth.

When the kiss ends, I slowly open my eyes and this is when rational thought returns, along with the fear. I couldn’t keep a man if I tried, why should it be different this time, why should it be more than a physical thing? I am yanked out of my thoughts by a hand gently touching my face.

Lex’s fingertips run down my jaw line, causing my skin to tingle. He tilts my chin up slightly, his eyes lock onto mine. "I think I'm falling for you Chloe Sullivan."

I am stunned, scrutinizing his face for any indication that he is joking or lying to me. I see none. I release my bottom lip that I had been unconsciously chewing on and take a deep breath. “I...I think I've already fallen for you, Lex Luthor.”

A smile, a real smile slowly takes over his features and Lex lowers his head back to mine, kissing me gently again. I smile into the kiss, knowing that this is the beginning of something special. This time, I am sure, I will be able to keep the man. If I am lucky, for the rest of my life.

The End

Song: Martina McBride I love you
Object: A rose
Time: Near future
Place: A Dance
Three phrases: Blue Eyes, Handsome Devil and Lovely Legs

hfce
12th June 2003, 23:15
I :wub: it. Great job.

Hope :)

Tandy
13th June 2003, 01:42
:yay2: That was adorable!

Tandy :chlexsign2:

bluemoongirl23
13th June 2003, 02:11
Awww...my partner in smut got all sappy and nice on me. Great job Sabs.

Blue

Queen Of Tact
13th June 2003, 07:08
Loved it..... Just perfect to read after 2 days from hell at work.... Great job as always.....

CC

shipperchick
17th June 2003, 05:21
:biggrin: Woot. Lex and Chloe doing the tango. Now *there* is some awesome 'shipper imagery. Good job!

Katharina
17th June 2003, 17:03
awwwwww, that´s so cute. Gotta love this one.

Sab_Luthor
18th June 2003, 00:29
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh tey're so cute together. :wub:
i love your fic. it' very adorable :love:

autumngold
8th November 2003, 09:44
I really enjoyed reading this story! I loved your description of Lex and Chloe doing the tango! It really makes me want to go and have dance lessons! :biggrin: Thanks for this excellent story, fluff rules! :chlexsign4:

WolviesLover
9th November 2003, 03:54
Aww.. *melts* That was so cute. You perked my mood right up! :wub:

happy bunny
9th November 2003, 07:10
I agree with everyone else; this fic is a definite pick-me-up. It's definitely awww-worthy. I absolutely love it! :wub:

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:38
this story was great and soooooooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arkakitty
10th June 2005, 16:51
Good one. ^^ Rrrr wanna dance with him myself xD

buddyfozzy
20th June 2005, 00:36
Awww, so sweet!

ggdoll18
1st July 2005, 03:13
sexy dance!!!

Thaís
13th January 2006, 07:50
Awww... So, so sweet... Can't believe they did the Tango in front of everyone else, but still cute that they forgot everyone else and only had eyes for each other...
Keep the good work, ok?? And don't forget to writte more of these wonderful stories for us, will you?!?!

Esther25jm
15th March 2009, 07:14
I don't know how I missed this story (thank you, lexie, for the link), but it was absolutely fantastic!! Love the intensity and sexiness between the two, which spiralled with that tango. WOWZA!! Great story!

Gaia
15th March 2009, 18:17
How did I miss this story!?! Absolutely loved it. I mean- Chlex in a tango can never go wrong.

Ami Rose
14th February 2013, 11:03
Awww loved it

ghaziak
15th February 2013, 01:58
awww... very cute! loved it!