PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] You Will (completed) Pg13

Blaire023
12th June 2003, 04:18
Title: You Will
Author: Blaire
Rating: Pg13/R for lang.
Disclaimer: Believe me, I don't own Smallville.
A/N: For Sunflow because well, she needs this for some reason.

1/1

Chloe sank to her knees in front of the engraved tombstone. "Hi, Daddy." Her palm ran the length of his full name. "I miss you so much." The tears that had once clouded her eyes seemed to spill down her cheeks with no hesitance. "I graduated." She placed her diploma on the mound of freshly tilled soil her knees sank in to. "And, get this, I have somehow managed to ruin my life even further, I'm pregnant." The tears that were simply rolling down her cheek before ran even quicker. "I won't bother you with the details, because I have a feeling if you knew who the father was your hand would pop out of the dirt and attempt to strangle me." She shifted uncomfortably in her spot.

"Let's just say, I'm more alone now, even with a little person growing inside of me, than before I found out." A sob escaped her throat. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder and didn't have to look behind her to know noone was there. It was simply a projection of her father consoling her as he had intermittently since he'd past away. "You'd think I could handle anything right?" Her left hand reached across her chest and she placed it atop her right shoulder where the invisible hand rest. "Well, I can't. Not alone, atleast." She dropped her hand from her shoulder and crawled over to the protruding headstone, wrapping her arms around the jagged edges she lay her head atop it. Holding on for dear life. "What am I going to do?"

"Chloe?"

She stilled at her name being barely whispered behind her.

"What?" She choked out.

"Do you need..." Before Lex could finish Chloe had risen to her feet and she had turned her angry tear-stained face his direction.

"Do I need what, Lex? huh? Do I need help? Do I need a ride? Do I need my fucking life back to normal, whatever the hell that is? Do I need money? Do I fucking need someone, anyone, to just be there for me? Do I need a fucking therapist? Ask me Lex, ask me." her hands went to her hips in pure frustration and he froze at her words. He hadn't realized just how bad she was. He had heard everything she'd said, everything she'd confessed to her father. His stomach twisted as he realized that everything that she had put herself through for Clark, to help him, to save Lex when she'd found out where the plane was scheduled to crash in the middle of the great blue ocean.

All in all, everyone had turned on her for the wrong reasons. Everyone was mad at her, but it paled in comparison to what she felt towards herself.

"Do you need any of the above?" His voice a bit clearer now she fell to the ground in a collapsed hump on top of the soft dirt concealing the grave of her recently deceased father.

"I need it all." She cried into her hands, her body shook with the sobs that had threatened her for the last 24 hours.

Lex knelt in front of her wrapping his arms around her trembling sickly thin body. "Let me give it to you." His voice warm against her hair. "Let me take care of you." Her head nodded slowly against him.

"I can't do that, Lex." Her head jerked back in recognition of what he was offering. His eyes held a certain sympathetic offering for her and it made her stomach twist. She was sure he had heard everything. His hand came to a rest on her stomach.

"Then let me take care of both of you." His eyes held a pleading quality. Searching his eyes with hers she had the overwhelming urge to divulge all the secrets she was keeping, about her, about his father, about what Clark was. But for now, for now she couldn't. She couldn't hurt him.

"I can't let you do that." Her voice trembled as she pulled her legs underneath her body and made to stand up. "I can't ruin your life too." His arm caught around her from behind as she took a timid step past him as if expecting it. "Don't, Lex." Her eyes were closed lightly and when she opened them he pulled her back to him.

"Don't just walk away Chloe." Her blonde locks fell in front of her as she leaned her forhead against his chest.

"What can you do Lex? Are you going to resume the role your father should be playing?" She knew it was harsh as she could feel his jaw tightening. But it was her only way out of this.

"Yes." His answer came out in a near whisper as his arms tightened around her, pulling her flush with his body, her head tilted up to look at him.

"Lex..." She said warningly only to be cut off by his abrupt words.

"Chloe, I'll put you through school, you can live in the penthouse in Metropolis, I don't want you giving up your dreams. You are much too talented for that. And if along the way you decide your child needs a male figure, I'll be there." His voice sounded so sure, so reassuring she had to take a long deep breath.

"I don't even know you, Lex." It was absolutely true, she didn't know him. Obviously she had underestimated him in many ways if his offer was truely there.

"But you could, you can and you will." He stepped up beside her and she turned slightly to huddle to his side. He led her to the porsche that could have woken the dead with the ignition switching over. "You will."

~The End~

bluemoongirl23
12th June 2003, 05:08
I'm loving this series. And, yes, I think you should note that I used the word series. See what happens when you write so well? You totally screw yourself into having to write more for crazies like me.

Blue

scifichick774
12th June 2003, 05:25
The End - HA! I think not. Great installment to the series though. ;)

tiff
12th June 2003, 05:29
No...it's just the beginning. *evil cackle* Sanity...who needs it? Now come on...more installments in the series...please? ;)

sabby
12th June 2003, 12:00
Ok, yeah, this is was a good part. Notice me using the word PART. Cuz I want more to that one, too. Or are you not feeling up to a little Lex taking care of a pregnant Chloe?

hugs,
Sabby

Elviriel
12th June 2003, 13:33
this is so good ! :worship2:

Sunflow
12th June 2003, 16:25
You're the angst queen :biggrin: thank you *bowes in respect * :worship2: :worship2:

I understand it was your angsty muse that made you add just a little bit more to Chloe's burden before letting you write anything else? *gives muse a piece of chocolate cake* nice muse, good muse... please let Chloe's life be better *gives some more cake*

Now, when nearly everything that could go wrong, did went wrong, things simply have to get better! ;) Right? In the next part, right?

Am I too demanding? Naaaah...

NightGlow
12th June 2003, 17:22
:biggrin: What an original idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

katspell
16th December 2003, 04:51
:worship2: :worship2: I must add my cries for more more more more more please. To good to stop, so please keep writing this series!!! please, I'll give you chocolate!!!

Catheryne
16th December 2003, 08:06
Amazingly sad... I liked the description, once more. :) But what... :huh: what series? There's more to this?

Baily007
23rd February 2005, 19:11
Oh please - give in to the begging of a newbie who just got hooked with this story. That can't be the end. It most definitely was created as a beginning of things to come ;)

Shy Butterfly
25th March 2005, 13:33
That was a sad Fic but so great written!

teejei
25th March 2005, 19:03
a series? wait...didn't i just read a "The End" there somewhere?

but a series wouldn't be a bad idea. y'know ;D

Blaire023
25th March 2005, 19:10
this is in a series called "The Circle of Friends" in my sig line there's a link to Seduce and Destroy. If you go there and go to Friendship there should be a whole list of them in order. This one is the second in the series I think.

squash
18th April 2005, 01:47
that was wonderful

drina
20th April 2005, 20:03
Just went to read your Circle of Friends series. They're great and this is my favourite part.

darkangel
10th July 2005, 05:36
THis was a very sad fic but I still liked it

arkakitty
11th July 2005, 10:02
Awwww he is so ... well Lexish :)
Loved it.

SVfan1286
9th December 2007, 18:17
Poor Chloe, but atleast Lex is there for her. Great fic...sad but good.

~*~Tasha~*~
5th October 2009, 06:19
Now that was one heck of a plot twister. Dang.

Ami Rose
25th October 2013, 17:33
I'm loving this series. And, yes, I think you should note that I used the word series. See what happens when you write so well? You totally screw yourself into having to write more for crazies like me.

Blue

Lmao yep yep... awsome story!