PDA

View Full Version : NS MR/AM Charity Donation.. thing

Julie
16th March 2006, 23:35
We started talking over at the Hockey Challenge thread about perhaps starting a big NS charity donation thing, and send the money over to some charities MR/AM support...

Anyone game?

NS Charities Donation Page (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/ns_donate.php)

Edited; Link ^

GivenToFly
16th March 2006, 23:38
Most definitely game.

kimmie
17th March 2006, 00:34
i'm definitely in, I think it would be pretty awesome to make one big donation from the Naughty Seduction community!!!

lj715
17th March 2006, 00:45
Sounds good .

Thessaly
17th March 2006, 00:48
I'm in.

jez3_uk
17th March 2006, 02:23
Me too!

persephone47
17th March 2006, 02:55
Sounds like a great idea, but I already owe so much from student loans...

Julie
17th March 2006, 03:09
I perfectly understand that some people can't participate money-wise, but we'll think of something so that everyone can participate in some way :)

Ann
17th March 2006, 07:09
I don't know if I'll be able to help money wise (depending on when it would be sent and when I'll get my financial aid check), but I would definately love to help however I can!

pipersmum
17th March 2006, 19:59
If I got the money I am more than willing to give to a good charity. :D I think its an excellent idea.

Julie
17th March 2006, 20:06
I know Allison has her all-time favourite, but does anyone know if Michael has one?

Ann
17th March 2006, 20:15
Um..I'm really not sure. Out of curiosity, what is Allison's favorite?

Julie
17th March 2006, 20:22
Um..I'm really not sure. Out of curiosity, what is Allison's favorite?

Kids With A Cause (http://www.kidswithacause.org/)

Ann
17th March 2006, 20:27
That's cool! Thanks for the link Julie!

jez3_uk
17th March 2006, 22:02
Besides just dipping into our pockets, there are numerous other ways of raising cash, even in our hometowns. Theres plenty of time to organise things.

Julie
18th March 2006, 01:05
Okay, I've set up a paypal button for it, and a custom page here on the forums.

Which charity should we go for?

Ann
18th March 2006, 01:36
Are we definately going with one that MR or AM donates to. If so, I'm all for that. Otherwise, St. Jude is a really good one too.

Queen Of Tact
18th March 2006, 01:59
i think it's a great idea Jules.....

Julie
18th March 2006, 02:06
Ann, I have no idea what St. June is about, but I was thinking seeing as we're a Chlex site we should go with a Allison and/or Michael one, but that is of course up to you guys. I don't know of any big/good charities...

Queen Of Tact
18th March 2006, 02:22
ok i did a little search and i found out that the charity MR favors the most is the Ronald McDonald House. (http://www.rmhc.org/rmhc/index.html)

CC

Julie
18th March 2006, 02:35
Hm, cool... Okay, how about we give half to Kids With A Cause and the other half to the Ronald McDonald one?

Queen Of Tact
18th March 2006, 02:45
Hm, cool... Okay, how about we give half to Kids With A Cause and the other half to the Ronald McDonald one?

sounds good to me let me know when you have it sent up and i'll give some money

Ann
18th March 2006, 02:52
Sounds good to me Jules.

St. Jude is a charity for kids with Cancer, but I'm all for the Ronald McDonald House and Kids With A Cause. :)

Julie
18th March 2006, 03:26
Cool :) I've added the page now, here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/ns_donate.php), and I'll keep you guys updated on that page and here as well :)

Queen Of Tact
18th March 2006, 09:36
Cool :) I've added the page now, here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/ns_donate.php), and I'll keep you guys updated on that page and here as well :)

the page isn't working for me

Ann
18th March 2006, 16:05
Working good on this end.

pipersmum
20th March 2006, 21:22
Yeah it's working here! So do we just donate generally throughout the year, are we aiming for a certain amount????

Queen Of Tact
20th March 2006, 21:31
yeah it worked for me today... Again Jules i think this is a great idea.....

CC

JosiCuervo
20th March 2006, 22:00
Yay!!! What's the drop dead date on donating? Will this be a yearly thing?

Do you need a US contact?

Julie
20th March 2006, 22:53
I don't know guys, I mean, if MR's doing a sign-thing in Bergen, that would be cool to give it then (half of the donations), but I don't know whether he's doing that and/or if I'm going to Bergen or not...

I just run the show, it's up to you guys when you want a deadline, a total sum (which might be good, to have an end target) etc etc!

Just type down your thoughts, ideas... NS is an open community :)

Josi, depends on the situation, but it might come in handy :) We can see how this progresses ;)

Julie
23rd March 2006, 00:53
(Small FYI, Admins are excluded from the bumping policy, as we may need to do some bumping to bring attention to important topics etc etc)

How about we set several smaller goals? Like, f.ex, from March 25th - April 25th raise like, 500 USD? Or is that too much? I'm simply doing some calculations from NOK to USD, and 500 USD is about 3000 NOK, which isn't bad...

Also, *if* someone reallyreally badly wants to pay with a money check, that can be arranged, but the sum will have to be a little big, as it's a really slow process (the check has to be sent to me, I have to go to a bank and hand it in, then the bank has to send it back to the origin country for verification, then back to my bank, and THEN into my account with some fees,... of course). But it *is* possible if someone wants that option. If so, just PM me! :)

JosiCuervo
23rd March 2006, 01:45
Also, *if* someone reallyreally badly wants to pay with a money check, that can be arranged, but the sum will have to be a little big, as it's a really slow process (the check has to be sent to me, I have to go to a bank and hand it in, then the bank has to send it back to the origin country for verification, then back to my bank, and THEN into my account with some fees,... of course). But it *is* possible if someone wants that option. If so, just PM me! :)
If it would be easier for everyone, they could just mail the check to me, and I could Paypal it to you. If you want, of course.

*shrug*

Julie
23rd March 2006, 01:48
If it would be easier for everyone, they could just mail the check to me, and I could Paypal it to you. If you want, of course.

*shrug*

Hell, yeah, that's true! lol! Alrighty then! Money check people - talk to Josi! :) Thanks Josi! ;)

eurydices falling
25th March 2006, 05:34
i think this is a great idea. my only suggestion is that we periodically benchmark our position relative to our goal so that we don't fall short unnecessarily by the deadling.

Julie
27th March 2006, 19:43
I've updated the little "random stuff" box to "NS Charity Donation" box, and I'll update it whenever someone donates :)

Susie Q
14th April 2006, 23:42
I'm game with donation idea.

Have you guys settled on monetary goals, donation deadlines, etc or are we still a work-in-progress?

Ann
15th April 2006, 00:54
Ok, question. I have a pay pal account, but no bank account. When I get the money (which will be in probably about a month as I'm waiting for my Pell check), I can just send it through Josi?

Julie
15th April 2006, 01:04
I'm game with donation idea.

Have you guys settled on monetary goals, donation deadlines, etc or are we still a work-in-progress?
People have started to donate, but we haven't got any donation deadlines as of yet, nor a goal... Yet ;)

Edit: Ann, yeah, talk to Josi :)

LEXNCHLOEROCK
8th June 2006, 17:29

Sorry I'm late on this. I think the above idea is awesome. I'm in. Will the donations be made in Allison and Michael's names? Because that would be cool too. Just a thought.:)

Julie
10th July 2006, 00:53
Sorry I'm late on this. I think the above idea is awesome. I'm in. Will the donations be made in Allison and Michael's names? Because that would be cool too. Just a thought.:)

I guess it will be from them, on the behalf of the NS community or something like that :)

Julie
24th October 2006, 23:41
Total raised so far: 237.84 USD

herbles05
3rd November 2006, 07:41
lol....who gave $0.84 ? I'm so lost, where do I go to give $ ?

Julie
3rd November 2006, 17:15
lol....who gave $0.84 ? I'm so lost, where do I go to give $ ?

No one gave 84 cent. Pay Pal has some fees, which makes it like that.

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/ns_donate.php

herbles05
4th November 2006, 05:02
That makes sense. Thanks for the link!!

MsSullivan
14th April 2007, 10:57
Is this still going on?

Julie
14th April 2007, 13:28
It's been quiet for a while, but if you want to donate, sure :)

Kit Merlot
4th December 2007, 03:57
Hey, I just made a donation--it's Christmas time so what the heck, right?!:grin3:

Can I ask, are we still doing half to MR's charity and half to AM'S? Because if so, I am all for it.

Julie
4th December 2007, 15:14
Hey, I just made a donation--it's Christmas time so what the heck, right?!:grin3:

Can I ask, are we still doing half to MR's charity and half to AM'S? Because if so, I am all for it.

Hey Kathy!

Take a look at this thread, I've asked you guys what you think of putting the MR/AM money into this December thing :)

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5841

Thanks for the Christmas donation! :)

Kit Merlot
4th December 2007, 19:09
Hey Kathy!

Take a look at this thread, I've asked you guys what you think of putting the MR/AM money into this December thing :)

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5841

Thanks for the Christmas donation! :)

Thanks for the link Julie;)