PDA

View Full Version : True Love Never Ends (PG)

bluengreenswmer
22nd February 2006, 02:45
AN: This is just a little one shot that I wrote one night after my boyfriend broke up with me, and then subsequently came back to my door and begged to come back to me. (Love is grand, is it not?) Hope you enjoy.

True Love Never Ends

Someone very wise once told me that true love is a happy ending.

“The woman I would kill for doesn’t exist,” he said in a deeply throaty voice to Clark, almost to the point of tears. “The one I would give my life for, the one I would give up everything, even my own flesh and blood, she’s gone.”

“What do you mean, Lex? Chloe loves you.”

“NO, Clark, she doesn’t. I thought she did, but she doesn’t. She, she left, last night, and she said she wasn’t coming back.” His head dropped from its position atop his shoulders to rest in his hands in his lap.

“Oh.”

“Clark,” he pleaded looking up, tears falling from his pain-ridden eyes, “What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to live without her? I don’t know that I can even live without her. She’s everything to me, Clark, everything. I get up in the morning, just to see her face. Her eyes, her lips, her hair, her mind, I love everything about her. She makes me live, Clark. How am I supposed to without her?”

“You don’t have to.” Her words cut through the hurt like nothing else. Her voice erased all the pain. But her presence brought it back. And in one short moment, Lex went from betrayed, to blissful, to skeptical.

Lex whirled his head around from where it rested in his hands. “Chloe? Is that really you?”

“Yeah, it is.” She came over to where Lex sat, kneeled in front of him and asked gently, “Clark, could you give us a moment alone?”

Clark spoke no words, just got up and left the room silently.

Only once Clark had left did Chloe speak again. “Lex,” she said tenderly.

“Chloe,” he protested, sure she didn’t know everything he needed her to know.

“No, Lex, I heard everything you said. You talked, now its time to listen.” She paused for a moment, trying to gather her words. “I love you.” She said simply, but it, for some reason, was too much.

She broke down into tears in front of him and sank to the ground, head in hands. “I love you. I don’t know how I could ever be so cruel as to just walk out, to be so evil to completely devastate you like that, to devastate me,” she cried, speaking more to herself than him, although the words were meant for both.

Gathering herself slowly, she rose from the floor back to her knees so that she was at eye level with Lex, who currently had tears streaming from his face. “I don’t ever want to lose you.”

He opened his mouth to speak but she silenced him once more.

“I love you, Lex, and I don’t know how could ever think that I could live without you.”

She looked deep into his eyes and suddenly, all the pain was gone. Every trouble, every problem, every error, all erased.

All of the betrayals, all of the mistakes, gone like the wind. And that was it.

Now, some people might call that the end, because, to those people, it’s not the story that matters, it’s the ending. The happy ending.

But you see, true love doesn’t have a happy ending.

True love never ends.

starmoon
22nd February 2006, 07:39
i love this story it started out so sad but ended so happy and perfect.

persephone47
22nd February 2006, 20:26
so cute, good job.

chloedreamer
12th April 2006, 03:05
That was really cute.

Ami Rose
3rd February 2014, 20:09
cute