PDA

View Full Version : No consequences ch5(R) complete

Sandy
13th February 2006, 01:26
Title: No Consequences
Summary: Chloe and Lex go to a club in Metropolis, that puts them right in the middle of a mystery. Chloe and Lex grow closer together during that time.
Pairing: Chlex
Time setting: Around season 1
Disclaimers: Not mine
Rating: R

Chapter One

Chloe and Lana were at the Talon talking and drinking coffee. Just as Chloe took her sip in walks Lex Luthor, to check up on the business. It appears to be slow and he gives Lana a sad face.

“Why so slow?” He asks with his arms out in the open. He leans on the counter and turns to stare at Chloe. Chloe clears her throat and looks at Lana for support.

“It’s usually dead after school. The busiest is the morning rush.” Lana perked up as she went to get Lex a cup of coffee, before he asked. That’s how it always was.

“No coffee today.” He quickly said before she got to the coffee maker. She turned around surprised by his actions.

“Lex Luthor not drink coffee? That would be like Chloe and no coffee.” Chloe couldn’t help but snicker and so did Lex.

“I decided to cut back. I just wanted to check in and see how things were going, but it appears that you have it under control.” He said and left the building.

“Ok was it me or was he incredibly hot today?” Chloe perked up and Lana was surprised. She had no idea that Chloe liked Lex.

“If you like him then why don’t you ask him out?” Lana said as she got stuff ready to make coffee, in case it would get busy.

“Dating really isn’t my thing, I mean, every guy I’ve tried to get involved with either wanted my body heat, or just wanted me dead.” Chloe said in a calm yet sarcastic manor.

“Guys aren’t all that bad Chloe.” Lana said and leaned her elbows on the counter.

“Yeah.” ‘If only Clark would like me, then I would be happy.’ Chloe thought.

Lex hesitated before he got in his car. He couldn’t stand not to ask Chloe that nagging question. ‘Ask her out.’ His other half said. ‘What’s the worst that could happen?’
‘Well I could think of a dozen reasons. Rejection for one.’ He quickly thought. He open the door of his car, and hesitated again. ‘Ask her.’ He shut the door and went back into the Talon.

“Lex, back so soon? Don’t worry you didn’t miss anything.” Lana said. Lex just smirked and nodded his head. He strolled right up to Chloe and almost choked. He froze for a second. Just looking at her was intoxicating, he hoped he wouldn’t pass out.

“Chloe, what are you doing Friday night?” He asked and Chloe looked at him odd.

“Nothing why?” Lex smiled.

A club in Metropolis. The lights were glowing of blues and the globe made little and big dots everywhere. This club accepted minors, although they didn’t serve alcohol to them. They’ve had many complaints about it, because of fake I.D’s in the past, but Lex Luthor was a supporter of this club. Chloe and Lex grazed through the crowds of people and made it to the bar.

“What would you like to drink?” Lex shouted over the noise.

“A coke would be fine.” Chloe shouted back. She couldn’t believe that she was out with the sexiest man in Smallville. Although Clark did fancy her thoughts and feelings, she always thought Lex was hot, but never liked him how she liked Clark. Lex ordered their drinks and Chloe took a sip.

“Thanks.” She shouted and Lex nodded his head.

“Wanna dance?” He shouted. Chloe choked on her drink and started coughing. She put her hand over her heart.

“Excuse me?” She asked.

“Do you wanna dance?” He asked again. Chloe felt nervous. The butterflies began creeping up. What was she to do? Lex anxiously awaited her answer and couldn’t help but stare at her.

Lex couldn’t wait any longer. He saw the hesitant look on her face. She was staring off in the distance and not at him. He took her hand and lead her to the dance floor. A slow song came on after the fast one ended. ‘Great timing.’ Chloe thought sarcastically. ‘Ok, breathe in and out, in and out. He’s just a guy, an ordinary yet hot guy. Where’s Clark when I need him?’

Chloe put her hands on his shoulders and stood a few feet apart. They started going around in a circle, and Lex couldn’t take it.

“Chloe, this is so old school.” He got closer to her and she felt afraid and a little uncomfortable. He adjusted her arms further behind his neck. They were face to face. She locked eyes with him and froze. They swayed back and forth, but it was like she had no control.

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you look tonight?” He said to her. Chloe gulped and looked to the side. Lex smirked.

“Chloe, you don’t have to be afraid.” Chloe was tempted to lay her head on his shoulder. It looked comfortable. Plus she was a little tired. She did stay up late doing research for homework. She laid her head on his shoulder and shut her eyes, hoping to fall asleep.

Lex put his head on hers and shut his eyes. Chloe felt a stab of pain in her back. The person dressed in black moved the knife around, to cause more pain and discomfort.

“Aahh!” She yelped and pulled back. Someone had stabbed her in the back. Lex jolted his eyes open and the person in black ran away, with the knife. Lex didn’t even see the person.

“Chloe! Chloe! Are you alright!” Lex asked in panic. Chloe stumbled backwards. Lex turned her around and saw blood dripping from her back. He looked scared.

“Lex.” She whispered and fainted, and he caught her.

planetcal
13th February 2006, 03:06
Ahhh who stabbed Chloe??? Great new story. Can't wait to read more soon.

hfce
13th February 2006, 05:20
That was scary who did that? More please....

Goldielocks
13th February 2006, 19:49
oh poor chlex, finally havin a nice time out and this happens...eh with those too trouble and drama always fallows them around...awesome story

can't wait for more

persephone47
13th February 2006, 20:40
Interesting start, I wonder who the person in black could be...

Sandy
16th February 2006, 02:27
Chapter Two:

Lex waited in the waiting room of the hospital. When he was told he could go in, he found her laying on her stomach. He looked at her in an odd way. Chloe moved her head in his direction as best as she could.

“It hurts to sleep on my back.” She said with a smirk and soft smile. Lex couldn’t help but feel responsible for her injury. If he hadn’t taken her out, then this wouldn’t have happen.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he took her hand in his. Chloe could see the sorrow in his eyes.

“Don’t be. I’m used to living on the edge.” She said with an encouraging smile. Lex gave a smirk in return. Clark walked in and saw the two holding hands. He cleared his throat, and couldn’t help but be a little jealous.

“Chloe.” Clark said her name walking closer to the bed. Lex let go of her hand, making her hand cold. Chloe felt relieved that Clark was here. He could take the pressure off this moment.
“Clark.” Chloe smiled. Lex cleared his throat and got up.

“Well I’ll let you two a lone.” Lex said taking one last look at Chloe before he left.

“So how are you feeling?” Clark asked as he sat in the same seat as Lex did. It was still warm.

“I’ve had worse.” Chloe said with a slight laugh. Clark laughed a little too. Lex was watching in the window and had a solemn face. Chloe moved her eyes in the window, and saw him. Then he left. Chloe was left in the state of confusion.

The next day Lex came in her room and found her, in the same position. He felt bad. He wished he could fix this. He couldn’t tell if she was sleeping or not, so he spoke softly. He leaned closer to her.

“Chloe, Chloe are you awake?” He heard her soft moan and she turned to face him. She smiled.

“Hi. What time is it?” She asked. He looked at his watch.

“7:30. I have something to tell you.” He said as he sat down in the chair, and pulled it next to her bed. She wiped her hair out of her eyes, and sat up but carefully. She did not lean on her back, as it was really sore. Lex still felt bad and wanted to help her so much.

“You’re being released tonight, and I talked to your father about it. We discussed that it’s best if you stayed with me, while you heal. I called the police and they’re looking into the situation, that happen at the club.” Lex said and Chloe nodded her head in understanding, but she didn’t quite understand it. She was pumped with morphine and it was slowly fading away.

“I see.” She slurred a little. She tried to lean on her back just for a second. The morphine went away, and she quickly moved before her back touched the pillow. Lex slightly looked away.

“This sucks.” She complained and laughed. “I probably won’t be able to go to school.” Lex looked at her and saw a twinkle in her eye. He wanted to kiss her. These feelings wouldn’t go away, but he stopped himself. He didn’t want to offend her. ‘You’re so beautiful.’ He almost said aloud. He wanted to take his hand and cup her cheek. Anything to feel close to her. To feel loved by her. He longed for it. He had a longing in his eyes, and Chloe saw it.

“Lex, are you,…ok?” She said concerned. “You have a longing in your eyes.” It was like she could read him. ‘I do Chloe. For you.’ He didn’t know what he was doing. It was like his heart was leading. He cupped her cheek with his hand and stroked it with his thumb. He smiled and Chloe could feel the butterflies. ‘Did Lex Luthor just smile at me?’ She thought and her eyes looked away from him. ‘Oh god I hope he doesn’t kiss me.’ She thought. She wouldn’t mind it, but she was slowly starting to like him. Lex got closer to her, and she froze. ‘Is it too soon?’ Lex thought before he kissed her. When his lips touched hers Chloe got lost. When they pulled apart she was breathless. Her heart was racing a mile a minute.

“Lex.” She whispered gasping for air, even though it didn’t feel like she needed it.

“I’m sorry.” He quickly said. Chloe didn’t know what to say. She played with her hair out of confusion and worry. ‘What do I say?’ She asked herself. ‘Well you could kiss him back.’ Chloe couldn’t believe her thoughts. They were running ramped.

“D-don’t worry about it.” Chloe hesitated. Just one kiss made her weak at the knees. Even though she was already in bed, she could feel herself getting weak. She felt a slight pain in her back.

“Aahh!” She yelled as she bent herself backward. Lex immediately got worried.

“Want me to call the nurse?” Chloe touched her back hoping that would ease her pain. She nodded her head to Lex and he pushed the button, by the door for the nurse to come.

The nurse came and pumped more morphine into her. Chloe immediately became pain free, and relaxed.

Later that night Chloe had fallen asleep on the way to Lex’s. Gabe had packed her an over night bag. It had all the things she would need. Gabe knew his daughter very well. Lex came into her room, and saw her asleep on her side. ‘It’s nice to see her in a different position.’ He thought as he looked at her. Naughty thoughts came into his mind about him sleeping and having fun with Chloe, but he quickly shoved them out. ‘She would never do that anyways.’ He thought as he walked out. He decided to get into his pajama’s. When he was done Chloe came into his study. No one was there.

“Lex?” She asked herself. Lex walked in the office and saw her awake.

“Chloe. It’s late, you should get to bed.” Chloe went up to him and took his wrist and looked at his watch. 11:00PM. Lex was beginning to freak out inside, but remained his cool.

“I’ve been sleeping all day. It’ll probably be a long night.” She said still holding onto his wrist. They both stared at each other for a brief second, and Chloe realized that she was still holding his wrist. She moved her hand from his.

“Sorry.” She said a little awkward. Lex just looked at her with a smile.

“It’s alright. I usually go to bed about now, there is a pill I could give you to make you go to slee” he was cut off by the angered Chloe before him. She didn’t feel the need to go to sleep. She has been sleeping all day, and would like to see the world, but Lex was tired as hell. He had been up all night with worry about her.

“How dare you shove a pill down my throat!” She roared at him coming closer. Lex tried to calm her down with his soothing voice.

“Chloe, relax.” He said with his hands up in front of him, like he was going to push something.

“I have been sleeping all day! I want to stay up! If I wanna stay up, then I better damn well stay up!” She was nose to nose with him. He could feel her hot breath on his lips. Lex was tempted to kiss her, but refrained. He smirked and backed away.

“Fine. Stay up. But I’m going to bed.” He said stubbornly. ‘If she can be stubborn, then I can be stubborn too.’ He thought to himself as he went to his room again.

“Where are you going?” Chloe demanded harshly. Lex turned around a bit annoyed. He hoped he would have a good time with Chloe, get to know her, make jokes. But this was ridiculous.

“To bed. If that’s ok with you. Your highness.” Lex mocked and did a curtsy. Chloe grit her teeth and walked towards him. She shoved him out of her way and said angrily,

“Move.” She made her way to the bathroom to shower.

Lex has never been this ticked off before in his life. ‘I need some Advil.’ He thought and went to the same bathroom that Chloe was in. That’s where he kept most of his medicine. In the mirror cabinet. He heard the running of water, and some heavy splashes from Chloe dripping water on the floor. ‘I hope she’s not making a mess.’ He thought as he turned the door knob slowly open. ‘Don’t look, don’t look.’ He said to himself as he covered his eyes, and felt around for the mirror. He tripped over Chloe’s shoes.

“Ah!” Lex mumbled and leaned on the wall. Chloe was startled and spun around.

“Who’s out there?” She said in a panic and covered her self with her arms. She thought it was the person, who stabbed her. ‘Shit!’ Lex thought and began to panic. Chloe peered behind the shower curtain and gasped when she Lex. She quickly went behind the curtain again, so he couldn’t have any “fun” with his eyes.
“Lex! What the hell are you doing in here!? Don’t you believe in privacy!?” Chloe screamed in a panic. Lex felt horrible, and embarrassed for barging in on her. His cheeks were beginning to turn a light red.

“Chloe, I’m sorry.” He said still up against the wall. Chloe was furious.

“Get out!” She screamed. Lex went out of the bathroom. ‘Damn. Now I’ll never win her heart.’ He felt so horrible for what he did. He couldn’t help but sink back into his chair. He decided to give up on the meds, and go to sleep like he planned in the first place.

Chloe was petrified. She felt dirty. She wondered if he saw anything of her. She was worried and scared out of her mind. She had never been walked in on before while taking a shower. Her father was a different story. Someone you hardly know is just insane. Chloe began freaking out and continued to finish up her shower.

When she was fully clothed she found Lex’s bedroom. She knocked.

“Come in.” Lex said as he put down his book. Chloe came in all clean, and fully clothed. Lex couldn’t help but feel ashamed.

“Chloe,” Lex began but Chloe cut him off.

“No Lex. It’s fine. I didn’t mean to get all crazy on you. It’s just that, I was scared.” She said as she sat on the bed next to him. Lex’s heart began racing.

“Of what?” He asked.

“That it was the person who stabbed me. I’m scared Lex.” She said as she took his hand in hers. Lex was scared to even do anything in return.

“I’m always here for you Chloe.” He said matter of factly. Chloe smiled and slid down on her side of the bed never letting go of his hand, and shut her eyes. Lex didn’t know what to do.

“Chloe, what are you doing?” He asked nervously as he licked his dry lips. No reply.

“I know this may sound weird, but,” She paused. “Could I sleep with you?” She asked as she open her eyes to look at him. Lex’s heart just went up into his throat.

“Sure.” He said and she smiled.

“I’m just so scared right now. I don’t know what to do. I feel safe when I’m around my friends.” She said. “I know I can trust them.” She looked him in the eye.

“Chloe, I will not let anything happen to you.” He promised. But will he be able to keep his promise?

The next morning Lex woke up to a cold splash of water on his face. He open his eyes and saw Chloe staring down at him angrily. Lex spit out some water.

“What the hell?” Lex said breathless. That splash of water startled him.

“Your security wouldn’t let me out! I’m late for school!” Chloe yelled. She was ticked off. She had planned to go into school early this morning, and get a head start on the Torch. Lex sat up in bed and wiped his face with his bed sheets.

“You’re not going to school until this whole thing is over. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you.”

“Yeah you probably forgot when you kissed me!” Lex clenched his teeth in anger.

“Then why did you kiss back?” She froze for a second then regained her composure.

“Stop answering me with questions!” She hissed. Lex got closer in her face.

“I would stop if you would answer them!” Lex said harshly. Chloe doused the rest of the water on his dry face. She walked out on him. Chloe went back to her room and lay on her bed on her right side. Lex went after her not bothering to clean his face again, for fear that she might hose him down.

“Chloe,” Lex knocked. Chloe rolled his eyes. He walked in and didn’t bother to wait for her to let him in. For all he knew she could’ve been dressing.

“I knocked but you wouldn’t,” He was cut off.

“Since when do you care if someone is dressing in their room?” Chloe hissed and sounded like she was going to cry. Lex grit his teeth in anger. He didn’t want to ruin their friendship. It meant a lot to him. He kept his cool and sat on the bed.

“Chloe, where do you need to go?” He said in a calming voice. Chloe sat up and looked at him.

“My office.” She said. “At school.” She said hesitantly. They both looked at each other with longing in their eyes.

“Get your coat on.” He said and gave a soft smile that you had to look closely to see.

It was quiet on the way to Smallville High. First period started a few minutes ago. Chloe looked at her watch and sighed. The pulled up in a visitors parking spot.

When they got to Chloe’s office, the door was open. Chloe hung her mouth open. There were papers strewn everywhere, chairs over turned, wrecked desks, even the blinds were a mess. Chloe dropped her purse. Clark and Lana were picking up lots of pieces of paper. Chloe ran to her desk. Everything was there, but one certain item in particular.

“Someone stole my hard drive!”

TBC
---------------
My favorite part is where Chloe doused Lex with water. lmao.

hfce
16th February 2006, 05:29
That was really good but I am sacred for Chloe. Who is doing that to her?

Hope :)

krahmogh
16th February 2006, 05:42
are they hurting her because she's with Lex or is there another reason?

persephone47
16th February 2006, 23:08
That was a good update, can't wait for more.

starmoon
17th February 2006, 08:48
great so far please update soon i can't wait to see what happens next.

Sandy
18th February 2006, 05:57
Chapter Three:

Chloe couldn’t believe that her hard drive was stolen. This was all happening so fast. She had no idea what she would do, with out her files. There was some very important files on there, that could not be seen. Chloe looked at Clark and Lana.

“Could you give us a minute?” Chloe said to the both of them.

“Sure Chloe.” Clark said nicely and the two left, leaving Lex and Chloe in the room alone. Chloe searched her desk drawer, which was on the floor. She looked through it frantically. Lex was in amazement. She was really pissed off. She shoved the papers out of her drawer.

“Where is it?!” Chloe yelled and landed on her knees. She took the drawer and held it upside down, making everything come down. Lex was confused.

“What are you looking for?” He asked in hopes that she would shed some light, on this little mad hunt. Chloe ignored and gripped her hair in frustration. She sat on her butt, and curled up her legs, and rested her elbows on both knees. Tears streamed down her face. Lex wanted to know, what she was looking for. Chloe began crying. Lex went to sit next to her on the floor. He put his arm around her in comfort.

“Chloe, what’s wrong?” He said in a calm voice. Chloe sniffed. She was a wreck.

“I have a green disc with some heavy duty information.” Chloe said between sobs. Lex wanted to rub her back, but he knew he couldn’t because of her injury.

“What’s on it?” Lex asked curiously. He wondered what the girl next to him found. Chloe shook her head.

“It’s for my own private use.” She said hoping that he wouldn’t ask anymore questions. Lex wanted to know more.

“Chloe, for your own safety. Please. Tell me.” He said very seriously looking her in the eye. She looked back and knew he wanted to know. She could see it in his eyes.

“I have some damaging information on Wayne Enterprise.” Chloe said seriously and Lex could not believe what he heard.

“I wonder what they’re talking about.” Lana wondered as she paced the hall. Clark wondered too, but kept silent about it.

“I’m sure Chloe would want us to know if it was important.” Clark said seriously. He was leaning on the wall in the hall way.

“I’m so curious, and freaked out at the same time.” Lana said coming closer to Clark.

“What are you saying?” Clark asked in a stubborn tone. “You want to listen in on what they’re saying? I can’t believe you Lana.” Clark said and walked away. Lana was frustrated.

“Clark! Chloe’s office got trashed, and all you can do is nothing!” Lana said as she raised her arm in the air in frustration. Anger aroused Clark, but he kept calm. He didn’t want to ruin his friendship with Lana.

“I respect Chloe and her privacy. If she wants to tell us something, that’s her business.” He said seriously.

“Why were you looking for damaging information?” Lex asked. Chloe shook her head.

“I was curious. What was I supposed to do? Ignore my curiosity! If you knew me since 8th grade, you would know by now that I’m as curious as a freakin cat!” Chloe roared in his face.

“Calm down. I’m taking you home.” Lex said calmly. He was doing his best to be calm about this. The last thing he would want to do, is ruin his friendship with her.

“You can’t take me home every time I have a temper tantrum Lex!” Chloe snapped as Lex grabbed her hand making her get up off the floor. He took her out of her office and into the hall way where Clark and Lana were.

“It’s nice to see who my real friends are.” Chloe blabbed as Lex practically dragged her. Chloe thought they were eavesdropping.

“Chloe!” Clark said in disappointment. It was too late. Lex kept going and did not reply to his friend, or apologize for Chloe’s behavior.

Once they were in Lex’s car Lex was silent. He couldn’t believe Chloe attitude.

“I can’t believe you.” He said. He didn’t start the car yet. He just glared at her.

“Don’t tell me how to behave around my friends Lex. You’re not my father, so don’t try to be!” Chloe hissed. Lex gritted his teeth. He nodded his head slightly, started the car, and put it in reverse, and they were off for the mansion.

“I don’t want to go back to the mansion.” Chloe demanded. Lex sighed annoying and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Where would you like to go?” He said in a annoying rushed tone, but tried to make it calm.

“Crater Lake.” She said. He looked at her surprised.

“Don’t you think it’s a little cold, for a stroll in the park?” Lex barked. Chloe shrugged her shoulders.

“Not unless you’re an old geezer.” Chloe teased, and then snickered. It was only 62 degrees outside. It was April, and spring was around the corner. The flowers began to blossom, and the trees leaves gained beautiful colors. The grass was even greener from the snow that used to be on the ground. Lex laughed as well and shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m 21 Chloe. I don’t think I’m quite in the old geezer phase.” They both looked at each other and laughed. Lex kept his eyes on the road though. He didn’t want to run into another person. It was bad enough he ran into Clark at the beginning of the year.

They made it to Crater Lake. Lex parked the car, and they both got out. Lex used his car keys to lock the car. He hit the button on his beeper, and the car made that beeping sound.

“I don’t think someone is going to hijack your car Lex. There’s a lot of open space.” Chloe said sarcastically as they made there way, to the dock. Lex smiled as they sat down on the edge of the dock, and dangled their legs over the water.

“You never know.” Lex said. They didn’t say anything more.

They looked out at the horizon. They just enjoyed each others company. Chloe’s mind was on her missing hard drive. She was worried and crushed inside. If that information got into the wrong hands, she would be done for. She sighed and leaned on Lex’s shoulder. Lex freaked out inside. His instincts told him to put his arm around her. So he did. Chloe leaned into him more. ‘Breathe Lex. She’s just a girl.’ His other half told him. ‘Not just any girl.’ He said back to his other half. Lex sighed deeply. He leaned his head on hers. Chloe shut her eyes. She just wanted to sleep. She wanted to get away from the worlds problems, and settle down.

“Lex?” Chloe asked as she wrapped her arms around him.

“Yes Chloe?” He asked. He was dying to know what she wanted. Chloe sighed deeply. She was afraid to ask him.

“Will you hold me?” She asked. Lex was shocked. “I’ve been through a lot and I just,” Lex cut her off.

“Sure Chloe.” Chloe got on his lap and he cradled her in his arms. She was nervous but relaxed at the same time.

“Hi.” She said nervously and swallowed.

“Hi.” Lex said breathlessly.

They locked eyes and could not part. Both staring wondering what the other was thinking, or wanting to do. Chloe went to kiss him but froze before she got to his lips.
‘Don’t freeze Chloe!’ Her mind shouted. She sighed nervously and was blank.

“It’s ok.” He whispered. Chloe moved her eyes up to his. Lex’s heart began to pound. The butterflies began to build in Chloe’s stomach. She kissed him and he kissed back.

Both of them did not want to part. Lex savored her touch in fear he would not get the chance to kiss her again. Sometimes he felt like he was on thin ice with her. A little romance would be refreshing. Chloe thought of something she did not want to have with him.

“No.” She said and stopped kissing him. Lex was confused.

“What?” He asked worried that he had done something wrong.

“Lex, I’m a virgin.” Lex blinked. He wasn’t disappointed at all.

“That’s all? Chloe, that’s fine. We don’t have to.” He said. Chloe felt relieved.

“Thank you.” She said. He smiled at her.

“Chloe, I wouldn’t want anything to come in the way of our friendship.” He said.

“I know. What are we going to do about my hard drive?” She asked still worried. Lex sighed and kissed her again.

“I’ll look into to it. How about some lunch? My treat?” He offered. Chloe’s tummy growled right on cue. They both heard and laugh.

“Good timing Lex. My tummy just agreed.”

They went to the Beanery for some good cookin. And look who is also in the Beanery? Clark, Lana, and Pete.

“Pete!” Chloe said happily as she embraced his friend. Lex felt jealous but shrugged it off. He just kissed her so it really couldn’t ruin how he felt.

“Hey Chloe. I heard what happen at the Torch. I’m sorry man.” Pete said apologetically.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure will figure this whole thing out.” She looked at Lex with a support expression. Pete wasn’t too keen on getting Lex involved, but remained silent about it.

“Well I’ll see ya.” Pete said and left. Chloe felt disappointed. She knew he hated Lex, but she didn’t know, it was that bad. Chloe and Lex took the table that was beside the window. Clark and Lana were on the couch away from their table. Within seconds a waitress came to them. Chloe blinked twice.

“Lois?” She said shocked to see her cousin.

“Hey cuz. I just moved here.” Chloe was speechless. Lois wasn’t supposed to even come to Smallville yet.

“Lois, what, where, why, how?”

“When?” Lex said filling in a W. There have been many arguments whether or not How was among the W’s.

“I discussed it with daddy dearest. You know when the general gives an order, you take it. Besides Smallville looks very interesting from here.” She said as she glanced over at Clark, and licked her lips.

“Oh Lois please.” Chloe teased. “I don’t think Clark is for sale.” Chloe whispered and Lois laughed. Clark looked up at the brunette laughing hysterically.

“So what would you two hoodlins like for lunch?”

“How about something sinful? Like, fries, ice cream, and chocolate cake.” Chloe said and Lex was shocked. She chose all the wrong foods and he shook his head.

“Chloe, that’s unhealthy.” Lex complained.

“Duh. Sinful? Hello?” She said in a stuck up teen way. Lex rolled his eyes.

“Don’t you think you should get something healthy?” Lex said hoping to change her mind.

“Once Chloe’s made up her mind, it’s hard for her to change it.” Lois said and winked. “Maybe you two need a little more time.” Lois said and walked back to the counter.

“Lois!” Chloe called after her but it was too late. “Cousins.” Chloe mocked and put her head in her fist fiercely, and rested her elbow on the table. She looked away from Lex. Before Lex could speak Chloe spoke first.

“I’m not changing my mind Lex.” Lex was stunned. ‘How’d she do that?’ He quickly thought.

“Stubborn.” He said with a smile but she didn’t see it.

“Sticks and stones.” Chloe said and turned around to see a smile on his face.

“What are you so happy about?” She said still ticked off.

“Nothing.” He smiled even bigger trying to hold in a laugh. He hasn’t felt this way around anyone before. Chloe rolled her eyes. Lois came back to their table.

“So, have you two decided? Or should I send an email?” She winked at Chloe.

“My hard drive was stolen.” She said. Lois was scared for her cousin. She looked around and sat across from the table.

“Is it because of that information I sent you?” Lex looked at her dismayed. Chloe felt uncomfortable.

“Well,…”

TBC
------------
Oh, things just got complicated......I hope you liked the little hint of clois as well. ;)

persephone47
18th February 2006, 20:54
Haha, I loved the old geiser comment.

hfce
18th February 2006, 23:29
That was a great update. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Sandy
19th February 2006, 01:05
Well you know what they say...it's never too late for an update. ;) Here's the next chap. Chapter five looks good so far. *tease*

Chapter Four

Chloe squirmed in her seat and leaned back like a pouting child. Things just got complicated. She didn’t want Lex to know that Lois was involved. Chloe was silent for a while. Unwilling to talk or to tell the truth. Lex wanted her to open up and he would do anything, to get her to.

“Chloe, why did Lois sent you that information?” Lex said in a deep calm voice, with a hint of curiosity. Chloe looked away and did not want to look in his haunting eyes. She could get lost in them, and probably squeal. She had just kissed him on the dock and this is what happen. Lois had to ruin everything. Why had she said yes to her? She had no idea it would come this far.
“Good luck trying to get her to talk. Once she goes silent, that’s it.” Lois said and went to go put their order in. Lex didn’t like the sound of that. He was the master of persuasion. He could get anyone to talk.

“Chloe, stop acting like a 5 year old in a candy store, because you can’t get what you want.” Lex said kind of bitterly. A few minutes later Lois came out with their sinful order. Chloe was relieved and thought she could eat in silence. The food was placed before her, and she dug into the fries. She didn’t bother to look at him. Lex sighed and leaned back, and watched her eat. She put the fries in her chocolate ice cream, and ate them. Lex looked disgusted.

“How can you ruin a perfectly good French fry, with chocolate ice cream?” He said the last part grossed out. Chloe just looked at him as she dipped her fry in the ice cream, and ate it.

“Try it.” She said and dipped a fry in her ice cream, and handed it to him. Lex looked at it like it was a squashed bug. Chloe forced it to him, and he took it and ate it. It was actually pretty good to him.

“Not bad. No ketchup?” He said as he took the ketchup and squirted it on the French fry plate.

“Ketchup ruins the fries. I think it’s appalling.” She said as she continued to eat her fries. Lex lightly scoffed and dipped his fry in the ketchup.

“Ew.” Chloe teased and she smiled. Lex smirked as he ate. Chloe took her fork and dug into the chocolate cake, and took a bite.

“Mmm. Delish.” She said. “We still don’t have our drinks.” Chloe said and laughed. Lex laughed as well. Lois came back to their table.

“Sorry, I forgot to take your drink orders.” She said in a breathless way.

“Coke for me.” Chloe said as she took another fry.

“And for tall dark and…baldy?” Lois said as she licked the side of her mouth. Lex chuckled.

“Lois!” Chloe said and threw a fry at her.

“I was joking of course.” She said politely.

“I’ll have a coke too.” Lois nodded and went to get them two cokes. Chloe quickly looked at Lex surprised.

“Whatever happen to no caffeine?” Chloe said a threw a fry in his face. She cracked a smile. He smiled in return, and threw a fry at her. Chloe jumped a little in her seat.

“I haven’t had any since yesterday. I’m going insane.” He said. Chloe laughed.

“Now you know how I feel, if I don’t get my coffee.” She winked at him.

“Usually Clark just watches out. He can tell when I haven’t had any caffeine.” She said and looked at Clark then back at Lex. Lex felt slightly jealous. He didn’t know Chloe, like Clark did. He wanted to get to know her.

“So you two been friends for a very long time?” He asked as he took his fork, and cut him a piece of the chocolate cake, and ate it.

“Since 8th grade. Hey whatever happen to a healthy diet?” Chloe complained as she cut the spot, where Lex had cut in the cake. Lex shrugged as he ate.

“You should watch your figure.” He said. Chloe couldn’t believe what he just said.

“Uh! Excuse me Mr. Billionaire! I am perfectly healthy.” She said as she tossed another fry in his face. Lex blinked as the fry hit him.

“Sure you are.” He winked. Chloe got angry but only teased with him.

“I was really good at track.” She challenged, and hoped he had gotten it. Which he did.

“Is that a challenge?” He said with a threaten playful tone. A big smile spread across his face. Chloe melted inside.

“Yeah. Right now. Smallville High. You and me!” She said challengingly.

“Bring it on Ms. Sullivan!”

Chloe and Lex went to Smallville High and were on the track.

“First one to cross the finish line wins. Prepare to loose Mr. Looser.” Chloe said as she got in position.

“How original.”

“When I count to three. One, two,” Chloe started off before him. Lex looked at her take off.

“Hey!” He shouted.

“Three!” She yelled after him as she ran as fast as she could. Lex dashed off and was behind her. He was huffing and puffing.

“You’re slowing down Lex.” Chloe yelled.

“I haven’t done this in a while.” Lex yelled back. Chloe smiled and looked ahead of her.

“It’s not good to exercise after you’ve eaten.”

“Yeah whatever Lex. What do you have a cramp already?” She teased. She was still ahead of him and he was close behind. He had a good view of her butt.

“Sticks and stones.” They rounded the turn, and kept running. Lex began to slow down but on purpose. Chloe looked behind her and he was breathing heavily. She stopped running and was huffing and puffing. Lex leaned forward, and rested his hands on his knees.

“Lex, are you ok?” Chloe said as she went up to him. Lex looked at her and smiled.

“I will be when I cross the finish line.” He said and took off running again.

“Cheater!” She yelled at him and ran after him. She admired his butt. ‘Easy Sullivan. Don’t get too attached. Remember your history with boys?’ ‘Yeah….’ She was afraid he’d try to kill her, or worse, dump her if they ever got together.

“I’m gaining on you!” She yelled as she ran faster and went in front of him.

“You really were good in track. Why did you quit?” He asked as he huffed and puff. They were on the other side of the long run now. Close to the finish line.

“I lost interest. Writing took over.” She yelled behind her.

“That’s no reason to give up something you love.” He said. Chloe’s heart was pounding and she wanted to give up right then and there. ‘Keep going Chloe.’ She told herself. She slowed down. She was too exhausted. She remembered how painful it was. She stopped and caught her breath. Lex stopped too and caught up with her.

“Truce?” She said breathlessly as she looked at him. Sweat poured down his face. Chloe’s hair was slightly damped, and her face glistened in the sun, from sweat.

“Truce.” He said as he breathed heavily. They both looked at each other as they caught their breaths. Lex wanted to kiss her, and Chloe wanted to kiss him. She went up to him first and looked up at him. He looked at her and kissed her. She was still afraid if they ever got together. She couldn’t handle anymore heart break. Boys didn’t seem to fancy her. Then why did Lex fancy her? The thought went through her mind a thousand times, that it drove her insane. Their lips went over each others, over and over, like there was no end. Neither wanted to depart, but that nagging question made Chloe afraid. She put her hand on his neck, and made him come closer to her mouth.

“Where do we stand?” She asked all of a sudden. They stopped kissing and he just looked at each other.

“What do you mean?” He asked. He cupped his hand on her cheek.

“With our friendship.” She looked him in the eye. They were as blue as a crystal blue lake. They were beautiful. Lex looked at her beautiful green eyes. Chloe stroked his neck with her thumb.

“Where do you want us to stand?” He asked. Chloe sighed.

“To be honest, my love interest hasn’t been that good lately.” She confessed. “It would be nice to have someone, who wouldn’t try to kill me, or want me for my body heat.” Lex smirked.

“Chloe, I would never try to kill you.” He said seriously still looking her in the eye. Chloe never left her eyes off of him.

“I’m scared.” She said and hugged him closer. Lex wrapped his arms around her. Despite all the sweat, they both didn’t care.

“Chloe, I will never break your heart.” He said romantically. Chloe moved her hands up on his back. Lex made sure to be careful of her injured back.

“Let’s take it slow.” She said and a tear came down her eye.

“Alright Chloe.” Chloe sighed.

Chloe was in Lex’s bathroom. She got undressed and turned the water on. She couldn’t believe she was with Lex Luthor. Even though she was a Bruce Wayne fan, she liked Lex more. She wanted to get to know him. She adjusted the water temperature and in a few seconds, it became warm. She stepped in and the water beat down on her skin. She thought of what happen on the track. Then she thought about the piece of information that slipped out. She closed her eyes.

Lex was in his study waiting for Chloe to be done, so he could shower. He knew he had other baths, but he wanted to shower in the one she did. It had been an hour since she had been in the shower. He got concerned and went to the bathroom. He remembered to knock first.

“Chloe?” He asked after he knocked. He heard the water running, and a soft cry.
“Chloe, can I come in?” He asked.

“Yes.” Chloe said. She was sitting in the tub, letting the water run over her. It was still warm.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. Chloe shook her head.

“I have to tell you about everything.” She said. “I can’t let it go. It’s tearing me up inside.” She said. Lex wondered what she looked like naked, and quickly shoved the picture out of his mind. ‘Slow.’ He told himself.

“Well, when your done will talk about it.” Chloe began to cry. He wanted to get in the shower with her, and just hold her. He open the curtain and saw her naked. She looked up at him. He got in the shower despite his clothes getting wet. He sat behind her, and cradled her in his arms, and closed the curtain. He held her being careful.

“Shhh. Chloe it’ll be alright.” She leaned into him and didn’t care how she felt, about him seeing her. Lex’s clothes got soaked and the water trickled down his face.

“You shouldn’t be in here.” She said.

“I know I’m sorry.” He whispered as he kissed her wet cheek.

“Lex, I’m scared.” Lex felt bad for her and wanted to make it right.

“I’m here Chloe. Nothing will happen to you.” He said as she leaned her head on his chest. They just sat in the tub for a while, as the warm water poured over them.

“Well as long as I’m here, would you mind if I….” He hesitated and waited for her answer.

“S-sure.” She said and he stood up and took off his clothes, and his shoes, and threw them out of the tub. She stood up and looked away from him. She was scared to look at him.

“I haven’t even shampooed my hair.” She said and chuckled.

“Mind if I?” He said as he took the shampoo and put it on her hair, and started to lather her hair. Chloe had goose bumps.

“How come you keep shampoo in the bathroom, when your…” She didn’t bother to finish her sentence.

“Incase I have guests.” He said.

“Then what do you use?” Lex smirked.
“Soap.” He shrugged. Chloe was curious and turned around to face him. She didn’t look down. He gave a slight smile.

“Hi.” She said nervously, and then turned around again. Her cheeks turned red.

“Chloe, it’s ok.” He said as he finished scrubbing her hair. Chloe enjoyed the touch of his finger tips on her scalp. It was relaxing.

“Is that good?” He asked. Chloe nodded her head, and went behind him so she could rinse off. Lex watched her do so. It was amazing. When she was done, she turned around and faced him, still not looking down.

“Conditioner?” He said with a smile. Chloe nodded. Chloe was so nervous. She had forgotten about their little mystery. Lex poured the conditioner on her head, and started to scrub. More chills came over her. The water started to get a little cold.

“The water is getting cold.” Chloe complained.

“Then we’d better hurry up.” Lex said as he started to move faster on her hair. Lex finished up quickly, and then washed himself with soap. He turned off the water.

“Ladies first.” He said with a smile as she stepped out of the bathtub. She wrapped a towel around her body. She looked away as he stepped out. Lex wrapped a towel around his waist, covering his lower half. Chloe turned to look at him, as she held her towel firm. She couldn’t believe that she showered with Lex Luthor. Her friends would never believe her, if she told them, which she wasn’t going to. She stared at his chest, then at his face. She went to kiss him.

“Thank you.” She said and she still felt a little weird, that he was in there with her.

“Any time.”

When they were both dressed they met in his study. They sat together on the couch, and the fire was going, making the room glow. Lex had the lights down.

“So, about this information.” He said as he wrapped his arm around her. She leaned in on him. She held a mug of hot chocolate. She breathed in deeply, and exhaled.

“It all started when Lois got an email from someone, about damaging information on Wayne Enterprise.” She said.

“Go on.”

“She emailed me asking if I wanted some information to put in the Torch. I said yes, and she emailed me the information. I had no idea it was damaging.” Lex thought she had put it in the schools news paper.

“Did you print the information?” Chloe shook her head no.

“No. The news paper wasn’t doing so well with Principal Quan. I needed hard facts to back everything up. I kept the information, and put it on a green disc, and left it in my hard drive.”

“Chloe, you need to report this to the authorities.” Lex said in a concerned tone. Chloe looked at him.

“I know.”

“What’s the information about?” He asked. Chloe sighed.

“Illegal stuff going on within the company, that Mr. Wayne does not know about.” Lex suddenly felt afraid. He was a big supporter of Wayne Enterprise. He was slightly ticked off, but hid it well.

“You don’t hate me do you? I would never do anything to hurt Mr. Wayne.” She said truthfully.

“No I don’t hate you.” He said as he kissed her slightly damp hair. Chloe felt relieved but could tell he was ticked off.

“I’m going to call the sheriff.” He said as he got up, got his phone, and dialed.

“Sheriff Adams?” Lex said.

“Mr. Luthor.” Sheriff Adams said on the other line.

“Could you come by the mansion?” He asked, but did not mean it as a question, more as a request.

“Sure.” She said. “I’ll see you in a bit.” They both hung up and Chloe felt afraid again. Lex sighed and looked at her.

“I’m not going to jail am I?” She said. Lex shook his head no as he came to sit next to her.

“No. We just need to get this all sorted out. Then the police can go to work.” He said while wrapping his arm around her again. She kissed him and he kissed her back.

“You’re a good kisser.” She complimented. Lex smirked.
“Thanks.”

“And Lex?”

“Yeah?”

“If you ever tell anyone about what happen in the shower, I’ll beat the shit out of you.” She threaten.

“Mums the word.”

TBC

persephone47
19th February 2006, 02:04
Haha, the shampoo comment was great, good update.

Sandy
20th February 2006, 02:42
Kinda lengthy. Here's the next chap.

Chapter Five

The sheriff came over and entered the study. She saw Ms. Sullivan and Mr. Luthor together on the sofa.

“Oh how cute.” She said like she didn’t care.

“Now what seems to be the problem Mr. Luthor?” She said as she got out her pad and pen to write this down. Lex didn’t like what she said to them, and neither did Chloe.

“Chloe’s hard drive got stolen, and there was some hard evidence on Wayne Enterprise.” Sheriff Adams looked at Chloe suspiciously, and surprisingly. She tilted her head a little like a curious puppy.

“Now Ms. Sullivan, why would you be delving into Mr. Wayne’s business?” Chloe shrugged her shoulders.

“I need a reasonable answer then just a shrug…Ms. Sullivan.” Chloe didn’t want to get Lois involved.

“I stumbled upon it.” She lied. Lex looked at her surprisingly. Chloe looked at him and gave him that be quiet look. He read her expression and did as he was told.

“How could you have stumbled upon such information? What was so damaging?” Adams said. She also wanted to know more.

“It is evidence that there is illegal use of the facilities going on, within the building with out Mr. Wayne’s consent.” Lex was impressed with her words. Adams nodded her head.

“Bruce Wayne runs a business, I doubt he would be selling drugs.” Adams already made an assumption. Chloe grit her teeth in anger. It wasn’t drugs. It was something far worse, that could hurt the company, and reputation. Chloe arose from her seat and walked straight up the Sheriff and glared at her in face.
“You don’t know the half of it. This information is far worse!” Chloe said through clenched teeth.

“Enlighten me Ms. Sullivan.” Chloe’s lips were pressed together hard, and she walked out on her.

“Well, I’m afraid I can’t help much with Ms. Sullivan’s attitude. When she’s calmed down, give me a call.” Adams said and left.

Chloe locked herself in the bathroom. That seemed to be the only place for privacy. She folded her arms over her stomach. She heard a knock on the door and rolled her eyes. She just wanted to be left a lone, but she knew that they were together. She knew that it was best to tell the truth, and to tell your partner how you are feeling inside. She open the door and just hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her.

“This has gotten more serious then I thought.” She said holding back tears, and tried to be brave for him.

“Chloe, you have to tell the sheriff everything you know.” Lex said and tried to get her to open up. Chloe shook her head.

“There are secrets Lex. Secrets that go beyond that building, and Mr. Wayne’s consent. Have you heard of the underground market?” Lex shook his head yes.

“People sell the secrets within the building, to other company’s, and if they don’t give in to their wishes, then they black mail them. Well, Bruce Wayne’s business is next. That’s what the email was about.” Lex was shocked and speechless. He was afraid for her that this horrible person might get her next. He knew what he had to do. He had to go to Bruce Wayne, and tell him. He somehow knew that Chloe wouldn’t like the idea.

“We need to go to him Chloe.” Lex said and Chloe shook her head no.

“I know, but I can’t get Lois involved. She was the one who got it first, and then sent it over to me. Bruce might think that she was in on the whole thing. Truth is, she doesn’t even know anything about it.”

Someone cleared their throat. Lex turned around and it was helper.

“Package for you Ms. Sullivan. In the study.” He said and then left. Chloe was confused and looked up at Lex.

“Let’s go see what it is huh?” Lex said in a calm soothing voice.

“Ok.”

They went into Lex’s study, and saw a big box marked Ms. Sullivan. Lex went to get a knife, and cut the box open. Chloe open the box, and in it was her hard drive. She was speechless, relieved, and confused. There was a note.

“Lex, it’s my, my,” Lex saw the piece of paper on the hard drive, he took it and read it.

“We took your cousin. If you want her back, do not go any farther in the rabbit hole, or Ms. Lane dies.”

“Lois!” Chloe shouted.

Lois was tied and gagged. She was a in dark room. She wiggled around in her seat. She had been knocked unconscious, and taken to a strange place. She thought about Chloe, and she even thought about Clark. She just wanted to go home. She didn't know things would get this bad. She should have never sent Chloe that information.

“Lois! Lois!” Chloe kept shouting her name and started to hyperventilate. She loved her cousin very much, and cared for her well being. Chloe sank to the ground shaking crying out her cousins name. Lex sat on the floor with her and held her close to him.

“Chloe, it’s going to be alright.” He assured her and was scared for her. Chloe shook her head no.

“I don’t even know where she is! LOIS!” She shouted in hopes that she would hear her somehow.

“Shouting her name won’t bring her back.” He said. Anger aroused Chloe. She started shaking a lot. Lex lifted her up and placed her on his lap, so he could cradle her in his arms.

“Chloe, relax.” He said in a soothing tone. “Will get your cousin back. I promise.” Chloe put her head in his chest.

“L-Lois.” Chloe whispered in a trembling voice. Tears streamed down her face.

Chloe woke up several hours later. She must’ve fallen asleep from crying so much. She wiped her eyes. She was in the master bedroom.

“Lex must’ve put me here.” She said as she looked around. She sniffed. She hated crying so much in front of him. For once she just wanted to be brave. Chloe lay in bed just resting, not bothering to get up. She looked at the clock. 9:00PM.

“Time fly’s when your crying.” She said sarcastically.

“I don’t think so.” Lex said as he came in. He sat in bed next to her.

“Comfy sheets.” She said. He smiled.

“Only the best. I thought we could go out to eat tonight. There are some things I need to talk to you about.” He said as he brushed her hair aside.

“Why are you so good to me?” She asked never taking her eyes off him. He smiled.

“I’m in love with you. I’ve never felt like this before about anyone. My love interest hasn’t been that great either.” Chloe smiled and put her hand on his that was still on her cheek.

“Lex, I,…” She hesitated. ‘Don’t hesitate! Just say it!’ Her mind shouted. She let her heart lead, and she kissed him getting close to practically on him. She rubbed against him hoping he would get the hint. Lex was shocked at what she was doing.

“Chloe!” He said shocked.

“No! No questions, or I might talk myself out of it!” She said quickly as she frantically unbutton his shirt. Lex knew where this was going. He wanted to question her before they got started.

“I want you to be my first.” She said and started unbuckling his belt. He put his hands on top of hers. She looked at him.

“Chloe, are you,” She cut him off.

“Please Lex.” She begged. He took off his belt, and took off his pants. She still did not look down as he continued to undress. He took off her pants and underwear. She breathed in heavily.

“Don’t be scared.” He said as he kissed her lips. He got on top of her, and Chloe screamed. He was pressing against her and her back started hurting.

“Maybe I should be on top.” She said breathlessly. Lex nodded.

“Will you help me?” She asked. He nodded his head.

When they were done Chloe was breathless. She laid on her stomach. She outstretched her arm and looked at Lex. He was huffing and puffing too.

“You must be a fast learner.” Lex complimented.

“I can’t believe we just did that.” She said as she wiped her hair out of her eyes.

“So where did you say you wanted to go?” She asked and smirked.

“It’s kinda late now Ms. Sullivan.” He said and kissed her. She put her hand on his cheek and pulled his head closer.

“Whatever happen to taking it slow?” He said and kissed her forehead.

“I still want to take it slow. I know this was just a spur of the moment thing, but I need to get to know you first.” Lex looked at her confused.

“Chloe, we just had sex. Normally you get to know the person first, not the other way around.”

“Mmm. I know. I bent the rules didn’t I? To be honest I just needed a good stress reliever. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I’ve been through a lot.” She said and kissed him. Lex felt hurt a little that she used him, but then she did say she liked it.

“I understand Chloe.” Lex wanted to make everything right. It hurt him that she was in this mess. Lex was so understanding that it was scary. He was calm and gentle even when he was angry. It was like he was afraid to hurt her. ‘Lex is the weirdest person I know.’ Chloe thought. ‘He’s like hot and cold. He can be angry and yet still be calm at the same time. Maybe I could learn a few tricks from him.’ She thought

“What are you thinking about?” Lex asked. ‘Great timing.’ Chloe muttered.

“You.” She said. She knew that all relationships are based on truth, and she didn’t want to ruin hers right away. Lex was surprised and curious. He rested his hand on his cheek.

“Anything interesting?” Chloe breathed in and exhaled. She was nervous to tell him the truth, but did anyway.

“Just how you always managed to stay calm when you’re angry.” She said. Lex smirked and played with her hair.

“I don’t want to ruin our relationship. I try to keep it light.” He said. Chloe had shivers go down her spine, as he played with her hair. She took his hand that was playing with her hair, and held it. He smiled.

“I’d still like to go out, even though it’s late.” She said.

“Ok.” He said. He was tired from the days events, but he wanted to make her happy.

The two went to Denies. That was the only place that was open. It was on the outskirts of Smallville.

“I have never been here before.” Lex said as he looked around. There were grab machines, where you put money in them, and try to pick a stuffed animal, or whatever was in there. The server came to their table ready to take their order. She reminded Chloe of Lois. She fought back her tears. ‘No.’ Chloe said. ‘Suck it up and deal with it.’

“Hi my name is Marianne. What would you two like to drink?” She said in a southern accent.

“I’ll have a cup of coffee.” Chloe said and placed her elbows on the table, and folded her hands together.

“And for you sir?”

“The same for me.” Lex said. Marianne nodded her head and went to get their drinks. Chloe sighed.

“I can’t believe that person sent back my hard drive. I haven’t even begun to delve into the whole mess. I don’t even wanna think about it. I just want this mess to go away. Why did I ever say yes to Lois?” Chloe asked herself as she laid her head on the table.

“If I didn’t say yes, then I wouldn’t be in this mess. Then again if I didn’t say yes, then I wouldn’t be with you.” She said as she looked at him. It was like this was set before them on purpose. Like a destiny.

“Which you are the most incredible thing that has happen to me.” Chloe finished.

“Chloe, we will get through this.” Marianne came back with their drinks, and left. Chloe took her spoon out of her coffee and just drank it plain. She didn’t bother to add her favorite ingredients.

“What time is it?” She asked as she took a sip. It was still too hot to drink, as it just came out of the coffee pot. Lex looked at his watch.

“12:00AM.” He said. Chloe thought about her hard drive, and that email that Lois sent her.

“Lex, I’m sick of not getting anywhere. I want to solve this mystery. I want to find out everything. And you’re going to help me whether you like it or not.” She got up from the table, reached in his coat pocket for his keys, took them and started walking away. Lex left the bill on the table, and walked out. He just left a 10 dollar bill. He did not care about the change. He was worried for his girlfriend. Chloe had already started his car and he was amazed.

“Get in.” She demanded and Lex got in the passenger side. It was weird being on that side, because he was always the driver.

“Where are we going?” He asked as he buckled his seat belt. Chloe looked back and made sure no cars were coming. She backed out, put it in drive and went to Lois’ apartment.

“Lois’ new apartment in Smallville.” She said.

Minutes later they arrived at the apartment. It was a cute little home in a suburb of Smallville. There was a park a few blocks away. It was a small community of homes. It was a quiet little town. Chloe parked the car in her driveway. Her car was there.

“That’s weird.” Chloe said as she got out and looked at Lois’ car.

“What’s weird?” Lex said as he got out and shut the door. Chloe locked the doors on the beeper.

“Awesome.” She said and tossed Lex the keys. He caught them and put them in his pocket. He smirked at her fandom for his fancy car.

“Lois’ car. It’s still here. If she’s gone then that means that someone,” Chloe rushed up to the door, and tried to open the door knob, but it was locked. She stomped her foot on the ground frustratedly. She pulled out a hair clip that was in her hair. She had her hair up in a bun. She began to pick the lock. She broke the hair clip.

“Do you have a credit card?” She asked Lex. Lex got out his wallet and took out one of his many credit cards. He handed her the card and she took it.

“What do you need that f” He didn’t finish his last word as she unlocked the door with his credit card. She had swiped the card down the side of the door. She handed him his card back.

When they entered it was dark. A little light shown in from the moon. Chloe stepped on some cushions and almost tripped. She turned on the lights, and the place was a wreck. The couch was over turned, the tv was trashed, lamps were scattered abroad, papers were everywhere, little odds and ends. It was an endless mess.

“Oh my god.” She said as she walked to Lois’ room.

She peered in the kitchen as well and it was a wreck. Broken glass was scattered on the floor, as well as pots, pans and dishes, some were broken. The fridge was even on the floor, as well as the kitchen table. Lex couldn’t believe the mess he saw, and neither could Chloe. She feared for what her cousins room looked like.

Chloe was afraid to open her cousins room. She hesitated her hand on the door knob. She looked at Lex and he took her hand, and gave it a light squeeze of reassurance. She open the door to Lois’ room, and it was trashed as well. She walked in and slipped on something, but Lex caught her in time. Lex turned on the light. Chloe looked down on what she slipped on.

“Lois.” She whispered. It was blood. It could’ve been anybody’s, but Chloe knew that it was Lois’ blood. There were papers strewn everywhere, the bed was a mess, stuffing was out of the mattress. There was broken glass on the floor, and all of her clothes were scattered on the floor. Everything was a wreck, but her lap top was still in its place. Chloe looked at the computer desk. She sat in the computer chair, and open up the lap top, and turned it on.

“What are you doing?” Lex asked as he watched her work.

“If I can figure out who sent the email, then I could track their I.P address.” She said. Lois had cable internet, so she was already logged on. Chloe went to her inbox, and looked at her email. There was one that said “Information.” She looked at the sender. TRUSTME227@aol.com. Chloe went to work. She began to type gibberish on the keys.

“This is gonna take a while.” She said as she looked up at Lex.

“Take all the time you need.” He said. He was dead tired but he would do anything for her. Chloe set back to work. Lex sat on the torn up bed. He was tempted to lay down, but didn’t. He kept closing his eyes from time to time. A few hours went by and Chloe made a break through.

“I found it!” She said with glee, and Lex went to her. Chloe looked at the address.

“No. It can’t be.” Chloe said disbelieving.

“What?” He asked as he looked at the address.

“That’s Clark’s street address. This can’t be right.” Chloe said. She felt horrible. Now she had to prove Clark’s innocence. Lex whipped out his cell phone.

“What are you doing?” She asked in a panic.

“Calling the police.”

It was nearly 3AM, and the Kent house was soundly asleep. Clark was sleeping peacefully, until he heard the door break down. He looked up startled to see the men in blue, and sheriff Adams.

“What’s going on?” Clark said confused as cuffs were being clamped on his wrists.

“Mr. Kent, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will affect you, in the court of law.” Adams said.

Jonathan and Martha came out of their rooms, and saw Clark being carried away.

“Clark? Hey what’s happening?!” Jonathan demanded as he turned Adams around.

“You’re son is being arrested for sending threatening information to Ms. Sullivan.” Martha and Jonathan were so confused. They knew that their son didn’t have that ability.
Clark knew that he would never hurt anyone. Especially Chloe.

TBC
-----------
Things keep getting more complicated don't they?

persephone47
20th February 2006, 03:41
Good update, I'll be waiting for more.

Sandy
24th February 2006, 04:06
Chapter Six

Chloe lay in bed next to Lex. Lex was sound asleep, but Chloe was having a nightmare. Lex had to go to the bathroom so he jerked awake. When he came back from the bathroom Chloe was screaming.

“No! Don’t take her! Lois!” She screamed in her sleep. Lex was worried for her, and hurried to the bed, and shook her awake.

“Chloe!” Lex said loud so she could hear him. He had her shirt clenched in his hands.

“No!” Chloe yelled again and was on her back. Lex lifted her off her back, so she wouldn’t scream because of the pain.

“Chloe! Wake up!” He yelled. He saw her glass of water and doused it on her. That startled her awake, and she spewed some out.

“Lex!” She said excitedly breathless. She hugged him. She was glad to see him again.

“Chloe, you were having a nightmare.” Lex told her. Chloe shook her head yes in their embrace. He went to depart from her, but she refused.

“No! D-don’t leave me Lex.” Chloe begged. She clung onto him for dear life. Lex was scared for her and remained in their embrace. Lex slowly laid down on his side and Chloe did the same as well. They were so close she felt him.

“Lex.” She whispered frantically. Lex wanted to rub her back, but he refrained.

“Chloe, shhh. I’m here.” He said as he whispered soothing words in her ear.

“Nothing is going to happen. It was a just a dream.” He reminded her. Chloe let the words sink in, and tried to relax. Chloe looked him in the eye. She was so nervous being that close to him, even though they had sex.
“Hi.” Lex smirked and kissed her, and wiped her hair out of her eyes.

“Chloe, you should go to bed.” Chloe shook her head no.

“I’ll have that nightmare again. I can’t go back to sleep.” Lex kissed her forehead.

“Chloe,” He said as he cupped his hand on her cheek. “I’m right here. It’s just a dream.” He reassured her again. A tear slid down her cheek and onto his hand. Chloe took his hand and placed soft kisses on his finger tips.

“Chloe,” Lex protested. She looked at him as she kissed his finger tips. She put his hand on her heart, and just left it there. Lex froze. Before Chloe could do anything he stopped her.

“Sorry.” She whispered. Lex was surprised at her behavior. She looked at him passionately. He kissed her and pushed against her. She moaned.

“Chloe, you should really get to bed.”

“Then why are you kissing me?” She said as he kissed him. He smirked.

“Because you tempt me.” He replied between kisses. Chloe smiled and giggled.

“It’s nice to know I have some power against you.” She winked at him and giggled again.

“I beg to differ.” Lex said. Chloe quickly got on top of him.

“Relax Lex.” Chloe said as she rubbed his chest with her hands.

“Chloe.” Lex moaned.

“Shhh. Relax.” Chloe leaned on him and kissed him.

“I think you’ve been around me too much.” He said as she kissed him.

“I learn from the best.” She winked.

“No more tricks.” He teased.

“You have tricks?” She protested and gave her pouty lip. Lex couldn’t resist the urge to show her.

“I practically have a book.” He winked back. “But it’s late, and you need to,” She cut him off with a kiss.

“Don’t fight it Lex. Just let me work.”
“Do you make it up as you go along?” He teased. Chloe nodded her head.

“I don’t know how you do it. But you’ve done something to me Lex.” She said as she pushed against him.

“You know it works better if were naked.” He winked.

“I’m too lazy to change.” She said in a lazy tone.

“Mind if I help?” Chloe refused.

“I like what we’re doing now.” Lex frowned.

“You know just because you’re on top, that doesn’t mean you get to lead.” Lex joked.

“I think I’m doing a good job.” Chloe shot back.

“I think you could learn better if I lead.”

“Says who and what army?” Chloe asked. A light bulb went off in her head.

“Wanna go swimming?” She asked out of the blue. Lex was surprised. His eyes got wider.

“Oh come on Lex. Don’t tell me you don’t use your pool.” Chloe said as she pushed him again. He moaned this time.

“I think I hit something.” Chloe winked.

“I do use my pool. Only for special occasions.” Chloe scoffed and laughed.

“Yeah skinny dipping.” She cackled. Chloe got off and went to get into her swim suit. She stripped down in front of Lex and changed right in front of him. His eyes nearly fell out of his head. ‘I’m going to like this relationship.’ He thought as he stared at her.

“Enough staring. Now get your trunks on.” She demanded. Lex nodded his head and did as he was told. Chloe couldn’t help but watch.

“Need some help?” Chloe said sexy like.

“Huh?” Lex said nervously in a high pitched voice. Chloe unbutton his shirt.

“I think you’re getting good at this Ms. Sullivan.” Chloe licked his cheek and continued working. Lex was a little freaked out by that. He licked her cheek in return. She looked at him and he smiled.

“Isn’t this better then sleeping?” She said as she let him did the rest. Lex put his trunks on. They went to the pool room.

Chloe was on the dive and didn’t care if the water was cold. She looked at Lex get in the sissy way.

“Sissy.” She said as she dove in. Lex got in the water and met her at the deep end.

“How’s your back?” He asked.

“It could be better.” She said and licked him again and swam off. He smiled and went after her. He caught up to her and grabbed her leg and pulled her close to him. She gladly let him grab her. He dug his mouth into hers, and touched his tongue with his. Chloe moaned in his mouth and locked her arms around his neck.

“I love you.” She said when they were done.

“I love you too.” He said. The water was actually warm.

“Why do you have the water warm?” She asked. Lex held her in the water and started carrying her around.

“Cause I like it that way.” He said.

“Kiss me how you would any other girl.” Chloe demanded. Lex smirked and did her bidding. He placed kisses up her neck.

“Have you ever made out in the water?” Lex said and shifted his eyes twice.

“Lex you jest!” Chloe said shockingly.

“Come here baby.” Chloe began to swam away.

“If you want me, come and get me.” She taunted.

The next after noon they woke up about 4PM. Chloe’s hair was a wreck because she didn’t shower. She had a pounding headache. Her muscles ached, and she wondered what happen.

“What happen last night?” Chloe said and saw a naked Lex sprawled on the bed on his stomach. She looked away.

“Mmm.” Lex moaned in his sleep. Chloe was in a panic. She could not remember what happen last night.

“Chloe.” Lex moaned.

“Oh my god.” She said and she remembered.

“I gotta lay off the caffeine.” She told herself. She shook Lex awake.

“Wake up!” She yelled. Lex growled at her. Chloe noticed the taste of alcohol on her lips.

“Lex, tell me we weren’t drunk.” Lex growled some more, and she threw a pillow at him.

“I might’ve put a little too much rum in your,…coke.” He said sexy like.

“Lex! I’m underage!”

“You’re hot when you’re drunk.” He teased. Chloe felt dirty, appalled, what else? Embarrassed. That was the word.

“If you ever put rum in my coke again,….did I like it?” She asked in a different tone.

“You kept begging for more.”

“Why do I smell like chlorine?” Chloe asked as she sniffed her skin.

“You wanted to go skinny dipping.” He said as he got up to get changed. Chloe looked away once again.

“I’m gonna shower, wanna join me?” He said. Chloe shook her head no. She was too embarrassed, and nervous to even think about it. She was scared.

“Such a waste of water.” He tempted her.

“Coming?” He asked one more time. Chloe looked at him and looked down, and she gasped. Her face turned red. Lex had a smile on his face.

“Don’t worry I’m not offended.” Apparently Lex was still drunk or just high on love. He turned the water on.

“I can’t believe I just did that.” Chloe said to herself as she listened to the running water.

“Where is our relationship going?” Chloe asked as she went in the bathroom. The bathroom was connected to his bedroom.
“That depends.” Lex said as he began to put soap all over his body. Chloe was naked but didn’t seem to care at the moment.

“On what?” She asked.

“Well for one, you’re an awesome partner. If you get my meaning.” Chloe nodded her head.

“Two?” She asked him to go on.

“You’re very attractive. I could do you all night.” Chloe was nervous and didn’t like what he was talking about.

“Lex, don’t talk to me like that.” Chloe said and got in the shower. She looked him in the face. The water began to trickle down her skin. He looked her up and down. She slapped him. Lex was confused.

“Lex, I’m sorry.” Lex cleared his throat.

“No. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.

“Why did you spike my drink?” Chloe asked as she turned around for him to wash her hair.

“I was a bad boy wasn’t I?” He said as he put shampoo in his hands, and started to scrub her hair.

“Very.” Chloe added. Lex smirked.

“I can be even badder.” He tempted her in a whisper.

“Lex,”

“Shhh.” He demanded. Lex finished washing her hair, and she went to rinse off. She was slightly turned on as she looked at him fully. She smiled slightly.

“Ah ha!” Lex said and pointed at her.

“What?” She said innocently.

“You confuse me. You were all over me last night, and now you’re being a fraidy cat.” Lex said. Chloe didn’t like that.

“I’m not a fraidy cat.” Chloe said. She got some soap and put it on the bath sponge.

“What are you doing?” Lex asked worriedly.
“Shhh.” She began rubbing soap on his chest. Lex got chills.

He let her do his arms, and legs, and she didn’t do his private parts.

“Chloe.” Lex moaned as she put some soap on his head.

“Even the tip of your head should be clean.” She said and kissed him even though he was full of soap. He pushed against her. Chloe moaned.

“If you mess up my bath tub, you’re cleaning it.” He said in a dark tone. Chloe giggled.

Chloe and Lex were sitting on the sofa. It was 5PM. Chloe kept thinking about Lois.

“Lex, I think we should go to Gothem.” Chloe said as she turned the page of her magazine. Lex nodded his head.

“I agree. We could leave now if you want.” He offered. She looked at him excited and kissed him. When she pulled apart he dug his mouth into hers.

“Lex, I think I’ve had enough for one day.” She said a bit breathless.

“Chloe, you can never have enough.” He pulled away just looked at her.

“My muscles are sore. What did you do to me last night?” She asked.

“It’s a secret.” He said as he got up to pour himself some scotch. Chloe wanted to know more.

“That’s not fair!” She said ticked off as she slammed down her magazine. Lex took a drink and looked at her.

“Alright. After this whole thing is over, I’ll tell you.” Chloe scoffed.

“Now you’re just being a jerk.” Chloe snapped.

“You should go pack.” He said and sat down. Chloe scoffed and rolled her eyes. She went to go pack.

A few minutes and Lex came in the room. He wrapped his arms around her.

“Mmm.” He placed kisses on her neck.

“Lex, I won’t get anywhere with you all over me.” She said as she packed her clothes in a suit case.

“You’re right. I’m going to pack as well.” Chloe looked at him and noticed that black was his color.

“You look sexy in black.” Chloe said and he turned to look at her.

“Thank you. Look sexy in general.” He said and made a cat noise. Chloe smirked.

“Clark doesn’t seem to think so.” She thought aloud.

“Clark?” Chloe couldn’t believe what she just said.

“Oh no.” She said and looked at him afraid. Lex got concerned.

“What?”

“I used to like Clark.” She said and then turned around quickly. Lex nodded his head and came to her again.

“That’s understandable. Liking your best friend.” He said and watched her pack. Chloe still felt awkward about last night. She had a pounding head ache. She placed her hand on her forehead, because it hurt. Lex started massaging her shoulders.

“Lex.” She moaned softly and let him work on her. He smiled as he massaged her shoulders.

“We should get going.” He said in a dark tone. Chloe nodded her head. She was slightly turned on from his voice. He started placing kisses on her neck. She pushed him away.

“N-no.” She whimpered as she turned to face him.” She felt slightly uncomfortable. Lex nodded his head.

“Ok Chloe.” He let her finish pack. Chloe was confused about her relationship with Lex. She made out with him one night. Now she was feeling awkward. She had no idea how to approach him. Lex went to pack a suitcase for him and met her in the study.

“Are you ready?” He asked. She nodded her head yes. He took her suit case and she wrapped her arm around his, and they walked to the private jet.

On the way there Chloe lay asleep beside him and he stayed awake. He dozed off every now and then, but he wanted to protect her.

They arrived at the city and Lex was asleep. Chloe woke up and stretched her arms. She looked at Lex sleeping. ‘Wow.’ She thought. ‘He looks so innocent when he sleeps. So cute too.’ She thought as she played with his ear. Then she rubbed his head slightly. He moaned softly and that startled her.

“Chloe?” He said as he woke up. He smiled and she smiled in return.

“We’re here sleepy head.” She said. The plane landed beautifully and the two got out.

“Wayne Enterprise.” Lex said to her and Chloe nodded. They took a limousine there and asked for Bruce Wayne. The secretary called Bruce and she told them it was ok to go in.

“Being a Luthor gets you everywhere.” Lex said as they went to the elevator. Lex had naughty thoughts of them making out on the way up. He had a small smile and Chloe looked at him.

“What are you smiling at?” Chloe asked. ‘Damn.’ Lex thought. They reached their floor and Lex was saved.

“We’re here.” He said and took her hand in his completely forgetting the question. Chloe mentally rolled her eyes. The building was kind of the same as Luthorcorp. Then again Chloe has only been in the building once.

“Hey Lex. When we get back, can I have a tour of your building?” She asked as they went to Mr. Wayne’s office. Lex smiled and looked at her.

“Sure.” She smiled back, and never let go of his hand. Chloe felt very uncomfortable, but leaned on Lex as they went into the office.

TBC
-----------
Where are my readers? :(

hfce
25th February 2006, 03:05
I am here. I finally caught up and its good. But I am very confused why is chloe so confused? :confused: She has sex and she is still tentative around him. ;)

Hope :D

Sandy
26th February 2006, 01:15
Oh you know how it is.... ;) I finished the story today. I was hoping it would be ten chapters, but it turned out to be eight. Anyways, on with the story!

Chapter Seven

Chloe and Lex walked into the office and saw the famous Mr. Bruce Wayne. Lex had never met Bruce, but he had heard a lot about him. Chloe has never met him either.

“Mr. Luthor, Ms. Sullivan. So nice to finally meet you.” He greeted them as they walked in, and shook both of their hands. Chloe didn’t find him that attractive. She did think he was very handsome, but she did not fancy him.

“Nice to finally meet you Mr. Wayne.” Lex said as Bruce lead them to their seats. Bruce smiled and sat at his desk. Bruce was wondering what information Chloe had on him. She was nervous and looked a little pale. Bruce looked at her and smiled and said in a calm voice,

“So Ms. Sullivan, what information do you have?” Chloe breathed in and then out, and looked at Lex for support and he nodded his head.

“Call me Chloe.”

“Only if you call me Bruce.” Bruce smiled, and so did Chloe. Chloe got straight to the point. Lex notice the interaction between Chloe & Bruce, and wondered if they liked each other. He made a mental note to ask Chloe later. Chloe grabbed Lex’s hand and squeezed it tightly.

“I received an email that says that there is some illegal interaction going on in this building.” She began and squeezing Lex’s hand tighter, making him loose feeling in his hand.

“Go on.” Bruce said. Chloe nodded her head. Lex wanted to pull away from Chloe, but he couldn’t because she was nervous. He wanted to be there for her.

“The underground market has gotten some of your secrets, and will sell them to the highest bidder.” Bruce looked uncomfortable but hid it well. Chloe couldn’t tell at all what he felt. She could tell by the looks of his stance. He reminded her of Lex. She had a hard time reading him, but she could guess really well.

“Thank you Ms. Sullivan. I’ll take a look into this. Do you happen to know the name of the person?” Chloe shook her head no.

“I blew it.” Chloe complained as she stirred her coslaw around. They were in the Wayne Enterprise café. Chloe brushed her hair back with her hands.

“Chloe, you did a fine job.” Lex assured her as he took her hand in his. Chloe shook her head no.

“He hates me doesn’t he?” Lex smirked and looked at Bruce who was standing there before them. He looked worried.

“Chloe, mind if I have a word with you for a minute?” Chloe looked at Lex, then Bruce.

“Sure.” Chloe said and got up and he took her to the hall.

“I received this.” He handed her a printed out email.

If you want to see Lois again, leave this investigation alone, or she dies.

A tear slid down Chloe’s cheek and she hugged Bruce. Bruce had no idea what to do, so he acted on his instincts. He hugged her back to comfort her. Chloe cried into his chest. Lex walked out of the café and saw them. He clenched his hands together in a fist. Anger aroused him. Chloe was his, not Bruce’s. Lex went up to them and remained calm. No matter how much he wanted to hurt Bruce, he refrained. He didn’t want to ruin a friendship. Chloe broke apart and looked at Lex. ‘Oh no.’ She thought. ‘Now he might be jealous.’ Chloe took Lex’s hand to lighten his mood. Lex couldn’t help but smirk. Bruce cleared his throat.

“I received an email from trustme227.” He gave Lex the note and he read it.

“I will do everything in my power to find Ms. Lane.” Lex said seriously. Chloe felt relieved. She leaned into Lex and Lex rubbed her shoulder.

“If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask.” Bruce said with a warm smile, and walked off. Lex cleared his throat when Bruce was out of view.

“Lex before you say anything, you don’t have to be jealous.” Chloe said with a smile.

“Who’s jealous?” Lex said innocently. Chloe giggled and hugged him.

“Oh Lex.” Lex smiled.

“Why don’t we go back to the hotel?” He said in a deep voice. Chloe nodded her head.

In the hotel room Chloe couldn’t help but think of Lois. Chloe heard Lex taking a shower and she was tempted.

‘Lois I hope you’re ok. I miss you.’ She thought as she listen to the running water, and pictured the water running down Lex’s bare skin. She got shivers just thinking about it.

‘Slow.’ She reminded herself and breathed in then exhaled. Lex came out in a towel and Chloe gasped. Her heart almost jumped in her throat. She turned away and Lex couldn’t help but smile.

“Sorry. Do you want me to change in the bathroom?” Chloe was speechless. She had no idea what to do. Lex quickly put his underwear and pants on before he let her speak. She turned around and saw him shirtless. She couldn’t help but smile. Lex went to put his shirt on, but before he could she stopped him.

“Don’t.” She said as she came over to him. She had no idea what she was doing. She slid her hands up his chest. Lex looked at her passionately.

“Chloe.” He said breathlessly and passionately.
Chloe kissed him and he dug his mouth onto hers. Chloe wrapped her arms around Lex’s neck. Lex moved her to the bed and switched places with her, cause of her back. She lay on top of him and she smiled.

“Thank you.” She said and kissed him again. He looked at her and smiled.

“I need you Lex.” She said desperately. She was addicted now, even though her mind kept yelling take it slow. Lex gladly had sex with her and when they were done she rubbed his head.

“Help me find Lois.” She said as she moved her index finger in circles on his head. He enjoyed her touch against his skin.

“Anything for you Chloe.” He was drunk on love and would do anything for her at any given moment.

“Where do we start?” He said and Chloe was disappointed. She had no idea where to look. Gothem was a big city. She could be anywhere.

“Crap.” She sunk into his chest and lay her head down. Lex started playing with her hair.

“Chloe, will find her I promise.” A tear slid down Chloe’s cheek and onto his chest. She fought back the tears, and did her best to be brave for him.

“No.” She said sternly and looked at Lex. “We’re going to find her right now!” Chloe got off the bed and started getting dressed. Lex was confused. He was enjoying this moment with her, and it got turned on to finding her cousin. He would find her he promised.

“Chlo! Gothem is the most dangerous city!” Lex told her as he got up. He was naked but she didn’t care if she looked at him.

“Don’t tell me about danger Lex! I lived in Metropolis for 12 years! Don’t you tell me about danger!” She yelled as she pointed her finger at him.

“It’s not nice to point. You could poke an eye out.” He said bitterly. Chloe scoffed and walked away. She started putting her shirt on and was frustrated with him. She mumbled under her breath.

“I can’t believe my own boyfriend thinks it’s too dangerous when I have lived in Metropolis for 12 freakin years! Give me a break!”

“I can hear you.” He said in an annoying tone. Chloe scoffed again and threw her hands in the air, in disgust. She stormed up to him and pointed her finger in his face close to his eye, just to annoy him.

“Listen Luthor! Don’t tell me what to do! I’m nobody’s princess!” She shouted. She was huffing and puffing and he just looked at her. He kissed her and Chloe was speechless.

“You’re my angel.” He said between kisses.

“Lex.” She whimpered. “Lex don’t do this. We just had sex.” She complained.

“Second times the charm.” He said breathlessly.

“Lex.” Chloe moaned and Lex lead her to the bed.

Lex lay sleeping beside Chloe. It was about 2 in the morning. Chloe looked at the clock and bit her lip. She was thinking about looking for Lois.

“Would he mind?” She whispered to herself. She couldn’t believe she had sex twice. Two times in a row was a record for them. She didn’t mind it at all. Chloe kept looking at Lex. She couldn’t believe how he could sleep naked. She had to sleep in her PJ’s. That’s just how she was. Chloe got up grabbed her purse and left the hotel.

Chloe walked the streets of Gothem. She listened to the noises. Window crashes, cats meowing, and every now and then the wailing of sirens. She was a little scared but remained her cool. There were two thugs walking behind her. She could feel burning eyes on her. She took out her cover up, looked in the mirror pretending to look at her face, and saw two thugs. She gasped silently. She put the cover up away and continued walking. Thug number one was grinning and laughing.

“Hey baby. How bout some fun.” Thug number two said as he came up beside her. Chloe didn’t look at him and she kept walking.

“Oh you’re going to be like that eh?” Thug number one said. Chloe was scared and wanted Lex. She just kept walking. Thug number two threw her purse on the ground making her stop. He grabbed her and pressed her against him and she felt him.

“Aahh!” Chloe screamed and the guy wouldn’t let go. He kept pushing up against her.

“Give it to me baby!” He taunted as he blew in her ear.

“Nice one. Now hurry up before he shows up.” Thug number one said.

“Wait your turn moron.” Thug number two said. He hulled Chloe into an alley way where it was more secluded. He pushed her up against the wall, and spread her arms out.

“Do your thing.” Thug number two said. Thug number one rubbed his hands together, and went to take off her pants.

“No.” Chloe whimpered.

“Oh yeah. You’re getting what you deserve.” Thug number two said and kissed her. Chloe tasted alcohol on his lips and smoke. She felt his tongue on hers. Tears streamed down her face. Thug number one took off her panties and was about to do something very naughty.

“Lex.” She whispered. Chloe shivered and there was a swooping noise. A black figure stood behind the two men. Thug number two felt a tap on his shoulder.

“What?” He was shocked when he saw him. The dark figure dressed as a bat threw him and thug number two came crashing into the wall. Chloe was shivering by now. She saw the bat and her eyes went narrow.

“That’s not nice.” The bat said in a deep husky voice.

“It’s you!” Thug number one said. The bat smiled and Thug number one ran away, as well as Thug number two. Chloe was frighten and looked at the bat horrified. Her arms were close together. The bat handed her, her pants.

“I believe these are yours miss.” He said as he handed her, her pants. She gulped and picked up her undies, and took her pants. The bat turned around so she could put them on, and she did.

“Thank you.” She said. She was amazed at this creature. Whatever he may be. The bat turned around to face her.

“You’re welcome. A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be walking the streets of Gothem alone.” He said with a smile. Chloe smirked.

“I kind of had an argument with my boyfriend. I’m looking for my cousin, Lois Lane.” The bat nodded his head in understanding as he turned around to face her.

“I see. Shouldn’t you have asked your boyfriend to come along?” He said seriously. Chloe shrugged her shoulders.

“We had an argument like I said. I told him about my childhood in Metropolis. I grew up there. I know what danger is like.” She told him.

“Gothem is very different from Metropolis miss.” The bat said.

“You sound as if you know a lot.” Chloe said. The bat smirked.

“I’ve lived here all my life. I know this city like the back of my hand.” He said. That made Chloe perk up.

“Will you help me find my cousin?” She asked excited as she put her hand on his arm. The bat looked at her as if to tell her to back off.

“You should leave that up to the authorities miss.” The bat replied.

“Please. I can’t find her with out you.” Chloe begged. She let go of his arm. She admired his costume.

“What is your name?” The bat asked even though he knew already.

“Chloe Sullivan.” The bat nodded his head.

“We should get you home. You shouldn’t be out here this late Ms. Sullivan.” The bat said. Chloe remembered that Bruce had once called her Ms. Sullivan, and that puzzled her.

“Call me Chloe. Who are you?” She asked.

“I’m Batman.” Chloe smiled.

“Hold on tight.” He said as he took her in his arms. He pointed some device into the sky, and they took off. Chloe was scared and amazed at the same time.

Batman had dropped Chloe off at the hotel. They had a balcony and that’s where he dropped her off.

“Have a good night Chloe Sullivan.” He said in a deep husky voice. He then took off and Chloe rushed to the edge of the balcony and saw him fly away. She was amazed by this creature, and had to do a story on him the next time she met him. None of her friends would believe her.

Chloe entered the room and saw Lex sitting on the couch waiting for her. He was fully clothed and worried sick. She just looked at him afraid. Lex was angry.

“Where were you?” He said seriously. Chloe was frozen. She didn’t know what to say. She had never seen his temper before. His really bad temper where he got out of control.

“I went looking for Lois.” She said as she approached him. Lex’s shoulders became tense. He rose from the couch and approached her.

“After I told you not to? What happen?” Chloe didn’t want to tell him. She knew the anger in his voice. He would flip. She couldn’t tell him that she almost got rapped.

“Lex, I, I,” She stuttered.

“I’m waiting.” He said bitterly. She hugged him and started crying.

“I was so scared. I almost got rapped Lex. But then he showed up!” She said excitedly as she looked at him. Lex was curious.

“Who?” He asked.

“Batman!” Lex was confused.

“Batman?” He questioned.

“He’s some super hero Lex! He saved my life!” Chloe said excitedly. Lex wanted to know more about this Batman character.

“What did he look like?” He asked.

“He was dressed as a bat.” Lex smirked and nodded his head.

“Evidentially.”

“You’re not mad are you?” Chloe asked concerned as she picked at her nails.

“Mad? I’m furious. I’m just glad you’re alright! Chloe, the next time just ask me to go with you!” He said taking her hand in his. Chloe nodded her head and kissed him. She embraced him and they just stayed like that, for a while.

“It was awful. One of them was going to lick me in my you know.” Chloe said and Lex couldn’t help but feel angry.

“Chloe, I would never let that happen to you.” Lex promised. Chloe was scared and just wanted to be held.

“You can’t always protect me Lex.” Lex didn’t like what she said. He brushed it off and held her.

“I can try.” He said.

“Never let go.” Chloe said as she looked at him with a smile. He smiled back.

“Never.”

In the dark secluded room where Lois was, she heard a door being open and became afraid. The dark figure not Batman, came down to face her. She couldn’t see him, but she knew that he was close.

“Are you going to talk?” The figure said.

“About what?” The figure smirked and knelt down in front of her.

“You know very damn well. Where is your cousin?” He asked in a threaten voice.

“I don’t know.” Lois said stubbornly. The figure will call him Pete stood up. Lois was quivering with fear, but she grew up with a general. So she remained cool.

“There are ways of making you talk.” He said getting out some tools of torture. He turned on a light and his face was shown. Lois did not recognize him. He had dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. He had a boyish face. He looked to be in his 20’s. He showed her a tool that was very sharp. He took it out and admired it in his hand.

“You know your ankle? If I were to slice the back of it, you wouldn’t be able to walk to straight. Ever.” He said to her. Lois was afraid now.

“Bastard.” She hissed. Pete smirked and began taking off her shoes and socks. Her legs were tied down really good, so there was less squirming.

“Now, where is your cousin?” He said as he began getting closer and closer to her ankle ready to cut. Lois gulped and looked away.

“Why don’t you send her another email asking her where she is?” Lois said sarcastically.

“Trustme227.” She spat in his face. Pete wiped the spit out of face and slapped Lois in the face.

“Bitch!” He yelled. “Just for that here’s a slice!” He said as he cut her arm deep. Lois screamed and Pete enjoyed the sound of her quivering voice.

“Where is your cousin!” Pete yelled in her face. Lois remained silent.

Sandy
26th February 2006, 01:18
Chapter Eight
The conclusion...

It was about 3 in the afternoon and there was a nock on Lex and Chloe’s door. Chloe mumbled got up and answered it. It was the bell boy.

“A note for you Ms. Sullivan.” He handed her and left. Chloe open the note and read it.

I know where your cousin is. Meet me in the alley behind the hotel tonight with Lex.

Chloe somehow knew that it was Batman. She got excited and had to wake up Lex. She jumped on the bed and shook him awake.

“Lex! Lex wake up!” Lex groaned annoyingly.

“Wake up! Luthorcorp stocks went down by a million!” Chloe lied and that made Lex rise up quickly.

“What!” He said seriously and in a panic. Chloe snickered.

“I just said that to get you awake.” She said and laughed. Lex didn’t think it was funny. He thought she was serious.

“Chloe, don’t you ever do that again!” He said seriously.

“Relax. We’re meeting Batman tonight!” She handed the note to Lex. He read it and wondered if it was trustme227.

“How do you know it’s him? For all we know it could be trustme227.” He said in disbelieving.

“I just do.” She said with hope. Lex nodded his head.

Lois was spared her ankle and just had a ton of cuts and bruises. She was beaten up by two thugs. No matter how much she fought back, they always won. They were the same thugs that almost rapped Chloe.

“I’m tired of playing this game. Just tell me where Chloe is and I’ll spare your life.” Lois spat in his face again. She was getting better at that. Pete was tired of her and would have her killed in an instant. But his boss demanded that she stay alive.

“I’ll never let you hurt my cousin you bastard!” Lois spat. Pete nodded his head.

“Guys, show Ms. Lane a lesson. Do what I had you do to Ms. Sullivan.” He grinned. The two thugs smiled and cackled. Lois squirmed in her chair.

“What did you do to Chloe?” Lois said as the two thugs approached her.

“I just told my men to have some fun.” Pete said and left them alone.
“Come here pretty baby.” Thug number two said as he took off her shirt. Lois squirmed and thrashed around. Thug number one was trying to put something on her neck, but Lois kept squirming. He finally put a device around her neck. He had a remote to it. When he pressed the button it would shock her. Thug number one untied her. Lois ran and thug number one pressed the button. Lois felt a bolt of electricity go through her body. She screamed and fell to the ground.

“It’s party time!” Thug number two said and went to her and took off her bra.

“Get away from me!” Lois squirmed. She had her hand on the choker on her neck. She was trying to take it off.

“Not until you let us play with you.” Thug number two taunted. He started kissing her and Lois did her best to fight back.

Chloe and Lex were at a restaurant. Chloe was worried and couldn’t eat. She wanted tonight to be here asap. Lex was worried for Chloe.

“Chloe, are you alright?” Lex asked. Chloe shook her head no.

“What if they’re doing something awful?” Chloe said concerned. Lex put his hand on Chloe’s.

“Chloe, I’m sure Lois is fine.”

Pete came down to the room. Thug number two was about to have sex with Lois.

“Guys take a break.” Pete was with another man. Lois was relieved. They had done some awful things to her body. The two thugs left the room. Lois looked up and was surprised at who she saw.

“Daddy?” She said excitedly and concerned at the same time.

“Lo.” Sam said concerned.

“Now General Lane, tell her what you know.” Pete said threaten. Sam did not want to tell his daughter. What would she think of him?

“Honey, I know this may be hard to understand. This man used to be on the force. I had done some horrible things to him, and now he’s getting me back. He made me do this to you Lo. I’m so sorry. I hope you’ll forgive me.” Pete pretended to be touched by this family moment.
“Oh how cute.” Pete shoved Sam down on the ground.

“So it was you who sent Chloe that information?” Lois asked confused.

“No it was me. I planed this whole thing out.” Pete said. Lois and Sam were confused.

That night Chloe and Lex met Batman in the alley behind the hotel.

“Great he’s not here yet.” Lex said as he paced back and forth.

“Relax Lex he’ll be here I know it.” There was a swooping noise and that startled Lex and Chloe.

“Follow me.” It was Batman and Lex was wide eyed. He was speechless. He has seen some weird things in his day, but this topped them all.

“And I thought Smallville was weird.” Lex said as they followed Batman.

“We have to take your car Mr. Luthor.” Batman said in a deep husky voice.

“How’d you know my name?” Lex asked confused. Batman smirked.

“Drive.” He demanded. They all piled into Lex’s car and Batman gave him directions to the hide out.

“I threaten your father Lois.” Pete said as he paced.

“I knew about the information all along. I emailed it to you, and you blindly accepted. It worked well when you mailed it off to your cousin. I knew Chloe would be curious. I knew she wouldn’t be able to keep quiet.”

“Then why did you take her hard drive?” Lois asked.

“To create confusion.” Lois scoffed.

“Genius.” She whispered to herself.

“Thank you.”

“I wasn't complimenting you.” Lois spat bitterly.

“The only reason you’re alive is because of Daddy dearest.” Lois looked at her father. She was thankful.

“You’ll never get away with this!” Lois said angrily.

“Oh but I have Ms. Lane.” Pete said as he approached her on the ground.

“Lovely story.” Batman said as he entered the dark room. Pete turned around. Sam saw the controller on the floor.

“You!” Pete said surprisingly.

“I take it you’re popular among thieves.” Lex said as he descended the stairs. Batman smirked. Pete took out his knife and pressed it on Lois’ neck.

“One step and I slice her throat.” Pete threaten.

“Lois!” Chloe shouted.

“Hey cuz. Whassup?” Lois said with a smile.

“I mean it! One more step, and she dies!” Pete threaten angrily. Batman used his whip and knocked the knife out of his hand. He never touched Lois. Sam rushed over to the remote. He picked it up and threw it on the ground. It shattered into millions of pieces.

“You always did have cheap equipment.” Sam said.

“No!” Pete said as he tried to rush up to the stairs. Chloe tripped him and he fell to the ground.

“This is for my cousin!” Chloe said as she picked him up by his shirt. She punched him in the face. Her blow was hard and blood came oozing from his nose.

“And this is for me!” She kicked him in his balls.

“Ooh! That’s gotta hurt.” Lex said. The wail of sirens was heard.

“Where are the thugs?” Lois asked as Sam helped his daughter off the ground. He took off the choker around her neck. Lois hugged her father. Sam was shocked.

“They’re taking a nap.” Lex said as he looked at Batman. Batman smiled. Lois rushed to Chloe and embraced her.

“Lois, I was so scared!” Chloe said.

“I love you Chloe.” Lois said.
“I love you too cuz.” She said as tears streamed for her face.

Back in Smallville High the students are reading the front page of the Torch.

Batman saves two.

“I think this is my best story ever.” Chloe said with a smile. Lex was with her in her office. Clark was let go when Chloe told the officers everything.

“Chloe!” Lana said as she rushed in the office.

“Lana! Hey!” She said as she embraced her. Clark followed.

“Clark!” Chloe said as she hugged him. Lex felt slightly jealous but not so much. He was getting used to this by now.

“I’m so glad you’re ok. Never do that again.” Clark demanded. Chloe smiled her famous smile. Clark ruffled her hair a bit.

“I heard you had quite the adventure.” Lana said excitedly.

“It was definitely an adventure. If you think Smallville is weird, you should visit Gothem city.”

That night Chloe and Lex are talking in bed.

“Hey Lex. Do you think will ever see Batman again?” Lex shrugged his shoulders.

“Someday Chlo. I bet he’ll be lurking in the shadows.” Chloe thought about Lex telling her that he'd tell her, what she did when they had "fun".

"So Lex. What exactly did I do when we went skinny dipping?" Chloe said as she rubbed his tummy. Lex giggled.

"I've never heard Lex Luthor giggle before." Chloe smiled and Lex's giggles turned into laughter.

"Alright Lex. Out with it." Lex wipped his tears and looked at her and kissed her.

"You were a wild cat Chlo. You chased me around the mansion naked." He said as he placed kisses down her neck.

"I did that?" She said in disbelieving.

"You also drank a bottle of scotch. I'm surprised you didn't pass out. You acly." He said devilishly.

"I don't even like alcohol. You said you put rum in my coke. Lex is that the truth." Lex had a lying look on his.

"Well I might of exaggerated." He smirked and brushed the back of his fingers on her cheek.

"Lex!"

"You also did some very naughty things to me Chlo." He said and winked.

"What!"

"Kidding...but I wouldn't mind if you did them anyway." He kissed her deeply.

"Lex I really didn't do all those things,...did I?" Lex just smiled and continued to kiss her.
The End!

Bruce Wayne’s company was saved. Pete was the one with the secrets. He was thrown into jail. No one knew about the little adventure in Bruce Wayne’s company.

hfce
26th February 2006, 18:12
That was great. I am shocked that it was Pete all along. I wonder why he did it? Great job . :clapclap:

itsjustXchar
26th February 2006, 22:47
wow!!! rad fic!! very well put together!

Sandy
27th February 2006, 05:00
Thanks superchick! Pete was getting the general back. He threaten him with Lois. I wanna write more chlex mysteries. I just have to think about them.

spaceboi's pixie
28th March 2006, 15:48
excellent fic

Ami Rose
19th July 2015, 23:39
Awesome fic! Great job!