PDA

View Full Version : Betrayal (G)

Elviriel
3rd June 2003, 00:17
Rating : 15.
Disclaimer : Not mine, will never be ...
Summary : Chlark, Chlex.

Chloe sat down on her bed, with a little smile on the lips. Today was their birthday. Two months since they were officially dating. It happened fastly, strangely, sweetly. It was the best experience of Chloe’s life. He was so mysterious and comforting. She loved him.
At the beginning, she wasn’t sure. Clark was almost dating Lana, and Chloe was in love with Clark. She thought she was dating Lex because she was disappointed about Clark ... But when she and Lex told everyone ... Pete was angry, Lana was surprised, and Clark was jealous. He told Chloe he has been wrong, that he wanted her. He had asked her to stay with him.
But Chloe refused. She understood she didn’t want Clark, that it was too late and that Lex was the one she wanted. And they were happy together. Clark seemed to accept that ... He did his best anyway.

Lana entered Chloe’s bedroom, smiling happily :
- Chloe ... What day are we today ?
- This is our birthday, she answered like a little girl, excited.
- Won’t you go to see Lex ?
- Well I’m supposed to meet him at the restaurant ad 12.00. But I’m gonna pay him a good morning visit ...
She cheked her watch : it was 9.00.
- He must not be awake, she said.
- Why wouldn’t he ?
- He went to that meeting in Metropolis yesterday night. I gues he came back late at night. Whatever. I’m gonna wake him up ...
Lana smiled, and Chloe drove to the Luthor mansion. She was happy : really happy. She get out off the car, and reached the big house, smiling.
Her smile disappeared when she saw Lionel Luthor in the doorway. She grinned : he didn’t like her. Especially since she tried to investigate, faking informations about Clark. He has been mad, but Lex protected her.
- Mr Luthor, she said.
- Miss Sullivan. Birthday visit ?
- Yes. I’m surprised you know about the birthday.
- Well I know a lot of things.
- How was your meeting ? she asked, trying to be polite.
- It was not that bad. Lex appreciated it, he added, with a smirk.
- Really ? asked Chloe, surprised.
- Yes really. He’s still very happy about it I guess.
- Well. I you excuse me I will go upstairs to see him.
While she tried to go ahead, he walekd in her way and said :
- You’d rather not.
- Why ?
- I think this is not a good moment actually.
- Let me go.
- Really you should wait Miss Sullivan.
She looked at him, exasperated, then went upstairs. Lione Luthor watched her go, sighing.
Chloe smiled to herself : she won’t let the Big bad father screw her day up. She headed Lex’s bedroom, and opened the door :
- Happy birth ...
She stopped herself, schocked.

roslyn
3rd June 2003, 00:39
it was a bit confusing about who was saying what, but its got definite potential...update soon

:wub: Roslyn

hfce
3rd June 2003, 00:44
I like it so far. You just had a few spelling mistakes.
You should somebody to look over it for you.

Hope :)

Elviriel
3rd June 2003, 00:59
spelling mistakes ... it's because i'm french ! :chlexsign2: :crygreen: :crygreen:

Elviriel
3rd June 2003, 01:02
The update !
Still not mine ...

- Happy birth ...
She stopped herself, schocked. Lex was in bed, but not alone. A small brunette, looking a lot like that Victoria girl, with the same attitude, was in his arms. Chloe heahed back, hurt. Lex bit his lip, and said :
- Chloe ...
She sighed, angry and hurt, fighting against tears, and walked away. Lex put his pants on fastly, and ran after her. While she was reaching the stairs he grabbed her arm :
- Don’t touch me ! she yelled, tearfully.
- Chloe I’m really sorry, he said. I didn’t mean ...
- Sure you didn’t, she answered bitterly. She came to your bed by herself. I’m sure she obliged you by threatening you to kill all your friends. Poor billionaire playboy ...
- Chloe ...
- It was our bithday ! Does that mean anything to you ?
- Chloe I promise you it does.
- Obviously not.
She stared to go downstairs. He tried to go after her and took her hand. Violently, she turned out and slapped him. He looked at her, unable to move. She gave him a disgusted look, and walked away.
Jsut beofre she reached the door, she heard a voice :
- I told you not to go upstairs.
She turned out, and saw Lionel Luthor. She felt another tear falling down her cheek, then she get out.

- I can’t believe I trusted him, Chloe said to Lana, this evening, when they were alone in her room. He was always himself ... I should have understood earlier.
- No, Chloe it’s not your fault, Lana said sweetly.
They heard someone at the door. Lana smiled and said :
- I’m gonna open, I’ll be right back.
Chloe nodded and Lana went upstairs to open. It was Lex. He looked embarassed and guitly.
- Hi. Is Chloe there ? he muttered.
But Lana was mad at him : he hurt her friend. And since Chloe was too upset to tell him how much he was a jerk, she’ll do it for her.
- How dare you come here after what you did ? she started yelling.
- Lana ...
- No ! It was your birthday, she loved you and you betrayed her ! You slept with a stupid Metropolis woman, though you had a wonderful girl who waited for you here. You know you really are unbelievable Lex.
- It’s okay Lana, said a voice behind her.
Chloe was standing downstairs, her arms wrapped around her waist. Lex looked at her, and Chloe whispered to Lana :
- Can you leave us alone for a while ?
- Chloe ...
- I can handle him don’t worry. And thank you.
Lana smiled, and after giving a last dirty look at Lex, she walked in the kitchen. Chloe walked towards Lex, and stood there, staring at him.
- Chloe I’m sorry, he said quietly.
- I hope you are Chloe said. But this is not enough.
- Chloe what can I do to make it up to you ?
- Cast an amnesy spell on me I guess, she said.
He smiled : then she grew serious and asked quietly :
- Why ?
- What ?
- Why did you ... you know. Is that because I’m not ... is that because I don’t sleep with you ? You missed sex ?
- Chloe ...
- Answer my question. Please.
- I ... I guess I did.
- Okay, she said, taking a deep breathe. But you know I wasn’t ready for it. And that doesn,t excuse you. For God’s sake it was our birthday. You could have done it for Xmas or Halloween. Yeah Halloween. A monster and a witch in the same bed. Sounds great.
- Chloe ... he said, hearing she was growing angry.
- No, you listen. I trsted you, i gave you everything, i saved the best of me for you, i loved you with all my soul and all my heart ...
- So did I.
- Yes. Maybe. But the difference is that with you your silly hormones took the best of you. What’s wrong with you ? What did I to deserve that ? I wasn’t too sophisticated for you !
- How can you say that ? he said, growing angry too. You know I love you, I even risk my frienship with Clark for you.
- So did I ! And by the way’ I shouldn’t have. Clark is much better than you.
- OK so run to him ! he said angrily. Nothing keeps you back ! Go to your farm boy, by the way you always wanted him ! You took me by disappointement !
- You know that’s not true !
- Really ! “Oh Clark, I’m the girl of your dreams masquerading as your best friend, I’ll wait for you, you’re worth the wait ...”
- How do you know about it ?
- Doesn’t matter. Go to your worthy boy, you’ll be better with him. Make love in the fields and I’ll watch you because I don’t mind at all ! I can have so much better than you Sullivan. And by the way, this girl was great. You will never be even compared to her, and you know why ? Because you’re a silly high school girl. Yes, silly, stupid. “Oh, meteor rocks, Clark, wall of weird ...”
- Get out, she whispered.
He looked at her, enraged, and said :
- Happy birthday Mrs Clark Kent.
Then he headed back to his car, angry as hell. Chloe watched him go, holding back her angry and hurt tears, then closed the door.

While Lex was driving back to the mansion, his anger made him drive fastly. He walked though his room, nervous and mad, longly, trying to keep his cool. Slowly, his mind remained clear and he whispered :
- Oh my god what did I just do ?
Lex jumped in his car, realizing what he did. He had to see her. To make her forgive him. Now. Before it was too late.

hfce
3rd June 2003, 02:18
This was good but if you want I can help you with your spelling and verb tenses. Just send me a private Message or email me. I would be glad to help you.

Hope :cool:

malugargula
3rd June 2003, 05:29
Please don't stop now... Write more, pretty please!!!!!!!!
Lex is the biggest jackass ever... I hope you make him suffer a lot for betraying Chloe because he 'missed sex' (damn all men who do this) and for telling her that horrible things...
I'll be waiting anxious

andy jo
3rd June 2003, 05:35
great story and lex is a jerk. hope he really fights for her cause he messed it and I could´t forgive if someone did that to me.
and on top of all things he tells her she´s a stupid high school girl.
please up date soon :biggrin:

crazygirl
3rd June 2003, 07:32
What a jerk.

Blaire023
3rd June 2003, 13:43
dammit! And this is why I don't read Angst, because as soon as I do i have the urge to write an angsty peice and I promised sabby....DAMMIT!

But I do love this...breaks my poor lil heart. Just can't stay away though...

B

sabby
3rd June 2003, 16:07
*big goofy grin* Sorry B, you promised, I'll hold you to it.

Elvi hon, I really like the story. It has an interesting start. I'll go with Hope and tell you just in cae you want any help, I'll be available.

On an offnote: Please put in a rating in the topic description, you forgot that again.

hugs,
Sabby

Elviriel
3rd June 2003, 17:48
i thought we could put the rating in the topic. Sorry i'll think about it next time ...
:chlexsign2:

Chloe cried on her room for almost one half-hour. Lana, worried, said :
- I have to go to work. I called Clark. I told him about ... you know. He’ll be here soon.
- Thanks.
- Are you gonna be okay ?
- Yeah, sure. Go to work. You’ll be late.
- Okay. Bye.
- Bye.
Few minutes later, Clark entered the house. He hugged her warmly, and she laid her head on his shoulder.
- Oh Chloe ... he said.
- I’m okay, she answered. I promise.
- Chloe I really ...
- No, it’s okay. Really.
Clark pulled away and sat next to her on the bed. He took her hand and smiled. She smiled too.

Lex couldn’t believe it. Traffic on a Smallville road. There was an accident over here ... Policemen, and a lot of cars waiting ... Lex sighed, trying to stay cool. He didn’t want to loose his temper one more time.

- I just can’t believe he did this, Chloe said. I knew he wasn’t exactly an angel, but I never thought ...
- Me neither. I mean, if he can’t see what he’s loosing he’s blind.
She smiled, and said :
- Thank you Clark.
He smiled, and he put his hand sweetly on her cheek. She smiled thinly. He looked at her strangely, and slowly, he leaned forward to kiss her. She didn’t push him away. She let him do. Clark was warm and comforting. That’s all she wanted actually. She put her hands on his shoulders, and the kiss deepened.
And slowly, before one of them could stop it, they fell slowly on the bed ...

When Chloe woke up, the night hadn’t fall yet. It was on his way. Now she was sleeping in Clark’s arms. She couldn’t believe that she just did that with Clark. It was so strange. She felt strange. It hadn’t been very long, but these minutes she had forgotten everything. Clark was awake. He took her hand and whispered :
- Hey ...
- Hey ... she said. How much did I sleep ?
- Almost twenty minutes, he laughed quietly.
- Okay.
- I’m happy, he said.
- So am I, she answered.
Suddenly the door opened and Chloe shuddered. Lex was standing here, looking shocked and hurt. In one day, the same situation, and this time it was Lex in the bad side. He opened his mouth and said :
- OK. Aparently you were ready for him.
And he slowly walked away. Chloe bit her lip, tears in the eyes. Then Clark, sad, wrapped his arms around her and kissed on the forehead :
- You still love him don’t you ?
- No, she answered. He betrayed me. It’s you I wanna be with now.

sabby
3rd June 2003, 18:12
Ok, this is a little umm, SHE SLEPT WITH CLARK?!?!?!?!

Sorry, just weird thing I mean ok this is angst I should have expected the next bloe but still. How are they supposed to get it together again now?

Anyway, update soonish please

hugs,
Sabby

Blaire023
3rd June 2003, 18:40
<pouts and clings onto Sabby>

That little tramp&#33; Hold on, I guess they are made for eachother. And how dare he judge her when he did the same and he started all of it. Bastard. Course I&#39;m not too happy with Chloe either. Both of them&#33; TO YOUR ROOMS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Heh, kay, anywho, I&#39;m glad Lex knows what it&#39;s like to have the shoe on the other foot, but PLEASE&#33;

FOR THE SAKE OF MY HEALTH if you decide to throw Lana anywhere in there near Lex WARN US PLEASE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Although I&#39;d rather you didn&#39;t cuz well.... :puke:

Yeah...

Blaire

hfce
3rd June 2003, 19:12
El it was good but what happened to the corrections I made? Huh. Oh well next time I will do it better. I think you missed my corrections. Oh well. It was good anyway. I promise I will do better job in correcting for you the next time .

Hope :blush:

crazygirl
3rd June 2003, 20:24
You know that I&#39;m a Chlex die hard, but to be completely honest, I think Lex deserved this. Doesn&#39;t mean you can&#39;t break up Clark and Chloe in the next chapter, though :devil: .

Elviriel
3rd June 2003, 21:20
At morning, Clark left. Chloe took her car and drove to the mansion. She didn’t know why, but she did. She reached Lex’s office, but he wasn’t there. She sighed, and went upstairs, to his room. She took a deep breathe, and knocked.
Lex opened the door. He was wearing boxers and no T-shirt, and Chloe saw there was a little blonde girl in his bed behind him.
- Chloe, he said, surprised and embarassed.
- I was wondering if I could talk to you. In private.
- And it can’t wait ? he asked.
- Lex &#33; the blonde yelled behind him. What are you doing I’m waiting &#33;
- If you’re too busy ... Chloe said.
- No, it’s okay. Gimme a minute. Wait in my office.
- Okay.
Lex arrived a few minutes after her, now dressed.
- So what did you want to talk about ? he asked coldly. I’m not interested in an apology.
- I don’t think I even have to apologise, she said. I just wanted you to know that ... I didn’t expect it.
- Really ?
- Yeah. When Clark came it was the last thing I was thinking about. But it happened before ... it was so fast. It happened without warning.
- Just like this other girl and me, Lex replied. It happened before I could do anything.
- It’s not the same thing.
- And why ?
- Because... I know Clark since many years, he was my best friend ...
- And if I told you I knew this girl too ?
- I’d say you’re a liar. And when you did that with her ... you were with me Lex. If I had still been your girlfriend yesterday I would have never done that and you know it. But I wanted tou to know that I didn’t to that to take a revenge ...
- It’s hard to believe.
- It’s true though.
- I thought you weren’t ready. Obviously you were yesterday.
- I dunno. I can’t explain that. It seemed so natural ...
- Yes. With your dear farm boy ...
- Don’t go about that again. And all the things you told me yesterday ... you had no right to be mad at me. As far as I checked, you’re the one who made the mistake.
- Yes, but I came back to apologise. But I guess you were too busy ...
- You can’t blame me for that &#33; Now whether you want it or not I’m with Clark &#33;
- You will date Clark ?
- Of course I will &#33; After what happened I can’t run away from him &#33; Make love means something to me, in contrary to you.
- Stop with that &#33; Just because Chloe Sullivan finds that dirty doesn’t mean it is &#33; Every man does that &#33;
- No &#33; Clark didn’t &#33;
- This guy is an alien. That’s why you love him ... I guess you can put him on your wall of weird. That’s why you were with me I guess ? To write your article “Date a billionaire “ &#33; It would have gave you an internship at the Daily planet for sure.
- How dare you talk to me like that ? she asked, unbelievable. You cheated on me.
He stared at her, trying to remain calm : he didn’t want to loose his temper again. He sighed, and said :
- I know. And I’m really sorry.
- So am I, she answered. But it’s too late.
- Do you love him ? he asked anxiously.
She looked away, and said :
- I have to go.

Elviriel
3rd June 2003, 21:21
:chlexsign2: oups &#33; sorry hope i forgot to make it correct &#33; I was so eager to post it &#33; sorry &#33;

sabby
3rd June 2003, 23:52
Wow you sure churn em out fast&#33; You should wait for hope to beat first tho, still seeing a few flubs there.

But the story is still intersting and I&#39;d like to see how you get em back together after ALL THAT cuz frankly, no chance in hell I&#39;d go back to him

hugs,
Sabby

Elviriel
4th June 2003, 00:41
ah ah but i didn&#39;t say they will get back together ...
by the way, I don&#39;t even know &#33; i like stories with happy endings but i love angst ...
and it&#39;s an angsty story

hfce
4th June 2003, 14:20
Good job in your angst but I am here to help with your english. :) Let me know .

Hope :chlexsign2:

Blaire023
4th June 2003, 19:17
That&#39;s right El, stand up for yourself. You know what, make Chloe pregnant, that&#39;ll really piss off Lex. I am sooooo starting to get pissed at this Lex. Who the f-ck does he think he is?

I think if you want to make it angst, do it, and do it as angsty as your muse allows, because by god if I were Chloe and I walked in on him not once but 2 TIMES NOW&#33; I&#39;d be hunting down Lionel for a little revenge f-ck. Right on Lex&#39;s desk. Take that you smug little bastard&#33;

<searches for Sabby>

Ummm, sorry for the outburst...hehe...yeah...

<psst, go after Lionel in the study with lingerie>

Blaire

Julie
4th June 2003, 19:46
Originally posted by Elviriel@Jun 3 2003, 05:48 PM
i thought we could put the rating in the topic. Sorry i&#39;ll think about it next time ...
No, ratings have to be in the title topic or description :)

scifichick774
4th June 2003, 20:13
What. An. Asshole. Bad grr at Lex.

Elviriel
8th June 2003, 17:14
Sorry I took that time to update, i didn&#39;t have a lot of ideas.(thanks hope for the help.)

The days passed. Chloe was with Clark, and Lex didn’t feel for the farm boy the half of the anger he felt for himself. He couldn’t believe he had been so stupid. He had the girl of his dreams, and he just let her go away because of his inability to be anything else than a jerk.
Lex still remained friends with Clark. Or more exactly he faked it. He was jealous, very jealous, but he knew Clark was the best friend he never had, and he didn’t want to let another person to go away.
With Chloe it was different. He was doing his best to avoid her. And obviously she was too. He had not see her since their last argument at the mansion, and the fact she avoided his question about her feelings for Clark gave Lex a little hope for their future. If they had one.
That’s what he kept thinking, until the day he saw her in front of the Talon. She was in Clark’s arms. She was smiling, and Clark was smiling too. Then, he kissed her and Lex felt a sudden will to kick someone. When he saw her kissing the need to hit something became insistant. But instead of kicking, he walked away and he drove to Metropolis, in a night club, and he took his revenge with a little brunette until midnight. He was totally drunk. Then suddenly, he left the night club, and drove back to Smallville, seeing the road with difficulty.
The Sullivan House. Lex get out of the car, and ran under Chloe’s window.
- Chloe &#33; he screamed. Chloe, love, answer &#33; Chloe &#33;
The window opened, and Chloe, dressed in pyjamas, appeared. She looked surprised.
- Lex ? she asked. What are you doing here ?
- What are you doing here ?
- I live here Lex.
- Why are you not with your boy in a field somewhere having sex ? Lex asked.
- You’re drunk, Chloe said.
- Chloe ? What’s going on ?
Chloe turned around. Lana entered her room. Chloe grinned and said :
- It’s Lex.
- What ?
Lex saw the brunette appear at the window.
- What do you want ? It’s almost midnight &#33;
- Later than that, Lex said. At midnight I was with a girl that looked a lot like you. Of course she was bad. But she at least didn&#39;t have this fairy princess complex ... She wasn’t silly, she didn’t think the world revolved around her ... Strange sister you got here Chloe ... As far as I know, she went in your back snooping in your computer, it’s kinda ...
- Lex stop that &#33; Chloe said. Go home &#33;
- No you won’t blew me off so easy this time Chloe.
- Lex ?
Gabe appeared at the door, surprised. Lex laughed and walked towars him.
- Hey Gabe. Why don’t you invite me ? I’ve something to say to your daughter.
- Lex, I’ll give you a ride home, Gabe said, worried. I think you’re drunk.
Chloe and Lana arrived from the stairs. Chloe gave Lex a worried look.
- I think too, Lex said, smiling. And do you know why I am ? It’s your daughter. She loves to drive me crazy. You know when you weren’t in town ? You know what your dear girl did in your home ?
- Lex, you’re confused... Gabe said.
- She slept with Clark. Your dear farm boy, that everyone loves because he’s gentle and honest, he fucked your daughter in your home. He unbutonned her skirt, and he saw what was under ... He kissed her everywhere ... and I mean everywhere ...
Gabe was staring at Lex, speechless. Then he looked at Chloe with panic, and the young girl looked away with guilt. Lana uncomfortable, said :
- I’m gonna call the police ...
- No princess, it’s okay I’m leaving. Good night.
Then Lex, satisified, walked towards his car, and left really fast.
He woke up in the morning with a very bad headache, and a lot of memories he wished were only nightmares. All these things he told Gabe... Lana ... and Chloe.
- Lex you really are a jerk, he muttered to himself.
- Well I don’t wanna make you feel bad but it’s true.
He looked up : the one person he didn’t want to see right now.
- Dad, he sighed.
- Lex. So I heard you paid a visit to the Sullivans yesterday ?
- Who told you that ?
- Well, you screamed so loud that all the neighbors heard you. I didn’t know you were so in this girl.
- So you know now. Can you leave ?
- Lex, believe it or not, I wanna help, Lionel said.(and at Lex surprise, he seemed true.)
- Don’t do anything, Lex ordered. If you ever hurt Chloe ...
- I think you can do it by yourself son. But you can still have her. You know all you have to do to have her back is take the farm boy out of the way.
- Dad Clark is my friend, if that means anything to you.
- And he’s the boyfriend of the woman you want. If you want I can help you to get him out of picture.
- And what would that bring you ?
- A revenge with the fact I couldn’t discover what is with that farm boy, and the satisfation to see Miss Sullivan as my daughter-in-law.
- Daughter-in-law ? Lex asked, raising an eyebrow. I thought Chloe was kind of your enemy since she played you.
- That&#39;s the point. Miss Sullivan was almost the one person who managed to handle me. I like people who can challenge me.
- So do I, Lex said with a smile, remembering his verbal judo with Chloe.
He sighed, and said :
- Whatever Dad. Clark is my friend. So keep your help I don’t need it.
Lionel nodded and said :
- Fine. So if you’ll excuse me I’ve got a meeting.
Lionel walked away, and Lex sighed deeply.

hfce
8th June 2003, 17:20
Good job. More please.... :biggrin:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Blaire023
9th June 2003, 06:23
<frowns> I don&#39;t think he deserves her. This is the one time I&#39;m rooting for Chloe to turn him down. Course it&#39;s not my fic so I can&#39;t just start ordering the characters around.

I hate this Lex.

B

scifichick774
9th June 2003, 16:11
I think I&#39;m going to have to agree with Blaire. He so doesn&#39;t deserve her. He deserves every piece of agony and misery he&#39;s brought upon himself by cheating on her in the first place. Wow. Never thought I&#39;d get so angry at him. Usually that kind of hatred is reserved for Clark. Interesting....

sabby
9th June 2003, 19:17
I never thought Lex could be an utter DumbF*ck. Obviously, I have to rethink my opinion. *shakes head* I don&#39;t think there is anything he can do now to make this better. Nope. He should go, find himself a nice little bridge, make sure Clark is not in the vicinity to save him and jump&#33;

hugs,
Sabby

Elviriel
11th June 2003, 02:55
here is the next chapter (thank you hope &#33;)
Chloe was alone, working at the Torch. Lex’s little visit went all around the school, and she was sure Clark had heard. That’s why she kept avoiding him all day. Her morning has been really difficult, especially the looks she had from her father ...
Lex was really a stupid jerk, she thought.
- Miss Sullivan.
She looked up, and saw Lionel Luthor. Surprised, she stood up, and said :
- Mr Luthor. I didn’t think I would see you again here.
- Neither did I, Lionel admittted.
- What brings you here ?
- I wanted to apologize for my son’s behaviour. He really has been horrible with you.
- You apologizing ? Chloe said with a smile. It’s a scoop. It’s even wall of weird material.
- Yes I guess so. But ... i heard you were dating ... Clark Kent ?
- You heard well. Yes it’s true.
- Mmm ... Do you love him ?
- I don’t see how that could concern you, Chloe replied.
- It does concern me because my son is very ... infatuated with you.
- I doubt that Lex would ... pour his heart out to you, Mr Luthor.
- I know my son. And you certainly won’t believe me, I think I know you too.
- You are right : I don’t believe you.
- Listen to me, Miss Sullivan. I know my son has been kind of ... a son of a bitch.
- Well the say that, the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Lionel chuckled and Chloe added :
- Excuse me but I have things to do. Good bye Mr Luthor.
- Have a nice day Miss Sullivan. And ... a last thing ...
Chloe crossed her arms on her chest, and waited, looking at Lionel. He smiled and said :
- I’m thinking of sending Lex back to Metropolis.
The blonde reporter opened her mouth in shock. She bit her lip, and said :
- What ?
- Yes ... he did well here in Smallville and I think he’ll be glad to get back to the big city. Unless of course someone does the impossible to keep him here ...
Chloe wanted to say something, but Lionel walked towards her with a serious expression and said :
- Don’t let him go. It’s a test. Only a test. If you can keep him I would be happy. But if he goes, then you don’t deserve him
Then he walked out, leaving Chloe speechless.

Lex couldn’t believe what Lionel was saying. Metropolis ? That’s what he’s been wishing a lot of time ... His father was offering him the possibility to have his own part of the company in Metropolis.
- Why are you doing that ? he asked his dad, suspicious.
Lionel chuckled and said :
- I need someone in Metropolis. And by the way. I know you must be tired of this town. Your best friend who is dating the girl you want ... it must be boring ...
-Is that so ? You want me to avoid facing terrible pain ? Lex asked, amused.
- I guess I do, Lionel answered. So what’s your decision son ? Will you stay in this little town forever ? After all it’s not like something is keeping you here ...

Chloe was at the Talon with Clark. He was holding her hand, and she was smiling sweetly. She looked so happy with him. Yes, it was how it had to be. Lex nodded to himself, trying to hold back the pain that was rushing through his heart, and walked away slowly.

Two days later, Chloe entered Lex’s bedroom. He was standing there, packing his suitcase. He looked up at her. She faked a thin smile and said nervously :
- I thought you had people to pack your stuff.
He didn’t answer. She bit her lip and asked :
- Were you planning to say goodbye ?
He continued to pack up his clothes. Chloe sighed, and said :
- Lex, if this is because of me ...
- It is, Lex answered straightly. It is and it isn’t.
- You should have told me. I had to learn it from Clark ...
- Yes. Clark. You learn everything from Clark ...
She looked at him, and he felt guilty instantly. He sighed, and took her hand :
- I’m sorry. This is not your fault. It is mine. I know it’s because of me it came to this. But I know you’re better with Clark, and I can’t just stay here ... Metropolis is my town. I’m glad to head back there.
- Really ? You really wanna leave ?
- I think I do, yes.
- But ... but ... this isn’t fair, she said, with tears in the voice. I ... whatever happened, I ... still, I do care ... about you, and ... I don’t want you to go.
He looked at her. He felt his resolve failing, but he kept himself from giving in and said :
- I have to. I can’t lose control of my life because of ...
- Because of me ?
- No ... I dunno. I’m sorry.
He tried to walk away from her, but she took his arm and said tearfully :
- Lex don’t leave. Please.
He looked away with pain and she said :
- I forgive you for everything. I don’t care what you do with whoever you want, I don’t mind if you don’t love me, just stay with me ...
- Chloe, Clark ...
- No &#33; I wanted to forget you, I was angry, I was too stupid to see I still wanted you.
She made him look at her and whispered :
- I love you Lex.
He stared at her, painfully. Then he nodded and said :
- I love you too Chloe. I always will. But I can’t stay. Forget me ...
- I can’t &#33;
- You’re young, you will.
- No, no this can’t work that way. You can’t just walk away like that and tell me it’s for me &#33;
- Chloe please don’t make it more ...
- No &#33; If I can make you stay I’ll do everything I can &#33; If you go I’ll become crazy, if you go I’ll jump from a bridge &#33;
- No you won’t. Clark will be there to save you. He loves you Chloe. Trust me, it’s better this way.
- No, she said with tears. No ...
He leaned towards her and kissed her gently. Tears fell down her cheeks while she responded to the kiss. He pulled away and said :
- You better go.
- Now ? she asked weakly.
- Yes. Your father will be worried, and Clark too.
- When are you leaving ?
- I’m taking the helicopter tomorrow morning.
- I’ll come.
- Don’t. I hate to say goodbye.
He sighed, and hugged her. She cried in sobs on his shoulder. But suddenly, she pulled away, and ran out. Holding back her tears, she went to her car, and drove back home.

The end

hfce
11th June 2003, 03:33
Oh what a sad ending. :crygreen:

Hope :crygreen:

sabby
11th June 2003, 06:19
Ok now here is something I don&#39;t believe&#33; Sorry but. .. I refuse to believe he&#39;d behave like a jerk all the way thru and then turn kinda "Casablanca" on her. And somehow I can&#39;t believe she let him go. I mean, this is Chloe. If she wants something, she&#39;ll get it.

Could you, maybe write and epilogue or something and explain the reasons, cause I&#39;m really confused here.

Loved how you brought Lionel into this. This story was good but I still would really love an epilogue to have a reason why she lets him go and why he insists on leaving.

hugs,
Sabby

Elviriel
11th June 2003, 12:59
:chlexsign2: don&#39;t worry i&#39;m thinking about a sequel &#33;

scifichick774
11th June 2003, 15:44
This is not a flame, so please don&#39;t take it as such, but you might want to consider using a beta for your next piece.

I think that getting someone else to check over the fic for not only spelling/grammar, but how the characters are portrayed
could be a really helpful thing for you to grow as a writer.

Lex - he seemed a little OOC by sleeping with someone else in the first place, because his character is pretty monogamous when he&#39;s actually in a relationship, but I understood why you needed to do that for the story. The part that I really didn&#39;t get is how you had him basically obsess over Chloe for a while and then just give up at the end. Maybe a sequel or an epilogue would help to explain his thoughts a little bit further on that. I would really have liked to have seen more of his internal thoughts/struggle on why he would have cheated on her to begin with.

Chloe - I could see her sleeping with Clark out of sorrow/mourning the loss of what she had with Lex, but I don&#39;t know how I feel about her automatically stepping into a relationship with him. It seems like she should have evaluated what she was doing a little more than that. Again, I would have loved to have seen more of her inner thoughts about it.

Other than that, I liked it. You have a gift to create an emotional reaction in your readers, and I&#39;m looking forward to any future ideas that you may come up with. :)