PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Heart (R)

yasmine32068
15th January 2006, 10:29
Bleeding Heart (1/?) NC-17

Yasmine32548

rjdtmgough@bellsouth.net

Disclaimer: I certainly don’t own any of these characters. The scene takes place at the end of Fever.

If you would like to Archive it please let me know! Feed back is both welcomed and cherished!

Chapter One:

“Dance with me.”

I could feel myself start as my brain process two heartbeats to slow. My eyes widen as Lex steps into my view. He holds his hand out all the while smirking at me. For his cool exterior I am surprised to find his hand almost hot to the touch. As he spins me gracfully onto the dance floor I see Clark watching us with a surprised expression on his face. I wasn’t sure if it was the fact that Lex Luthor showed up at a food bank charity fund raiser or if it was the fact that he was dancing with me.

For a long moment Lex simply guides my wooden movements. His heartbeat sets a steady rhythm for my emotions to recollect themselves. I can still feel the sting of tears as I desprately try to collect myself. Finally I give a sigh and begin to relax. The subtle scent of Lex’s cologne begins to invade my senses.

“Is he still watching?” Lex asks as he rests his cheek to the top of my head and draws my body in closer for the slow dance.

“I’m sorry! Is who still watching?” I ask surprised. I draw back to see into his face.

“I’m sorry I must have read the situation wrong, but it looked like you were in the need of rescueing,” Lex said as he smiled down at me.

A snappy quip was poised on my lips as I realized that there was only a gentle concern in his stormy blue eyes. He glances over my head for just a moment.

“You might want to paste a smile on your face Ms. Sullivan. Clark is heading right for us.”

“Lex, what are you doing here?” Clark said looking at the both of us as if we had lost our minds. “I didn’t thing that this was your type of thing.”

“Well you know me, Clark,” Lex smiles at Clark. “It’s a worth while charity.”

“Mom thought that this was an important cause. She worked so hard to put it together,” Clark said looking rather uncomfortable. “Chole, I …”

“Hey, Clark,” Lana calls from her position near Pete. I can see his face soften at the sound of her voice.

“See you guys later,” he begins to move away and in that instant I knew that I had been forgotten.

I can feel the trembling start as the fragile hold of my emotions burst free. The floor begins to blur from my tears. A soft curse is uttered as Lex takes a firm hand under my elbow and leads me out the side door of the Talon. I am trying desprately to catch my breath. The tears that I had been holding in all night finally break free in harsh sobs. He slides an arm around my waist as he leads me from the bright lights and the sounds of the band. Lex doesn’t say a word he just lets me cry against his chest. As the violence of my weeping subsides I realize whose chest I have been crying against.

“Here, it’s clean,” he says quietly as he hands me a hankerchief. I step back to put some distance between us as feeling of horror wash over me.

“I’m so sorry. The thought of possibly winning a new computer is just so overwhelming,” I quip at him regaining my self control. He doesn’t comment as I venture a look at him. For a moment aloof man that I was used to seeing was gone, in his place was someone who was concerned about me. I guess I was staring at him just a little too long because I watched slowly as the cool deattached Luthor I knew so well slide back into place.

“Well, Ms. Sullivan you must be a positive joy to be around at Christmas,” He replies with a raised eyebrow.

“Have you,” I start to ask him. I stop the very thought of a Luthor having something that they couldn’t have was foreign. He’d probabley think that I was an idiot. I shake my head at the thought.

“Have I what?” He asks.

“Have you ever wanted some thing that you can’t have?” I take a deep breath filling my lungs with the clean cool air.

He ponders the question a moment and glances out across the full parking lot.

“Yes. Yes I have,” For a moment I see past his cool exterior to the man underneith. For years everyone in Smallville has read about the constant battle between Luthor Senior and Luthor Jr. Suddenly I realized that for a man of all his wealth here beat a heart that was just as lonely and broken as mine.

“And what did you do?” I asked. Wishing for once that I was able to disconnect my mouth before it opened.

“You learn to move on Ms. Sullivan. You learn to move on.” He starts towards his vehicle.

“Lex,” he turns towards me courious. “Thank you.”

“Just call me a bleeding heart,” he smirks at me.

yasmine32068
15th January 2006, 10:31
Bleeding Heart (2/5) NC-17

Yasmine32548

rjdtmgough@bellsouth.net

Disclaimer: I certainly don’t own any of these characters.

“Ms. Sullivan, what brings you all this way?” Lex asked as he casually tosses down the stack of papers that he was looking over. It never failed to disconcert me how he would just drop whatever he was doing to give someone his full attention.

“Take it back,” I fumed at Lex. It was rather late in the day and I certainly was not in the mood to be polite.

His eyebrows rose.

“You couldn’t use it?” he asked.

“That’s not the point,” I snapped at him. “It’s too much!”

A small part of me wanted to keep his gift, the shiny brand new computer that had taken over my desk in my bedroom. I just froze and stared at the machine sitting there. It was never a question as to who bought it. I knew who had bought it. His forehead furrowed with a slight frown.

“I am not a charity case, Mr. Luthor” I growled.

I was so angry that I almost missed the fleeting look of hurt that passed through his eyes. He rose smoothly from behind his desk and casually strolled to his wet bar to pour himself a drink. He gestured towards the bar silently offering me something but all I could do was shake my head at him. I watched in an almost hypnotic state at the ease of which Lex moved. Lex and Clark were certainly cut from two different cloths. Clark would have been noticeably uncomfortable in the face of my ire, shifting his weight back and forth and his cheeks lightly stained with a pink blush. Not Luthor. I realized that he hid his unease behind his control and intensity.

“I can assure you Ms. Sullivan; I have never considered you a charity.” His every movement screamed disinterest or bored amusement but his eyes told another story. I realized that I had hurt his feelings at this rejection of his gift. I dropped into a chair near his desk suddenly feeling older than my years.

“This has been a rotten day and I am taking it out on you. I am sorry,” I told him sincerely. I wiped my hand over my eyes trying to erase the scenes that played out behind my eyes. All day long Clark and Lana seemed to be trying to hide their obvious looks of what felt like pity. Poor Pete, he could sense everyone’s discomfort but had no clue as to why and for the first time since I have known Pete I didn’t feel like sharing it with him. I didn’t think that I could take another round of ‘ Chin up Chloe,’ or worst yet ‘Chloe it will be alright’.

“Would you care to talk about it?” He asked as he moved to the seat next to me casually stretching his long legs out in front of him. My eyes focused towards the lovely stained glass window behind his desk. For a long moment I simply watched as the window darkened with the coming evening.

“I really want to hate Lana and some days I almost succeed. Isn’t that terrible?” I sense his movements next to me as he shifts forward to set his glass on the corner of his desk.

“No not really,” he remarks casually as he rests his arms on his knees staring at the floor.

All of a sudden I find the overflow valve for my mouth. All of my thoughts and fears coming pouring out in what seemed to me a horrid flood.

“And then this afternoon Lana comes into the Torch and asks to use the computer for a project. I don’t have a problem sharing but I catch her looking through some old pictures of the spring formal!” I pause to catch my breath and look at Lex. He was absently rubbing the back of his neck while listening to me rant and rave. He looked vaguely startled when silence descends and he realizes that I was watching him.

“I guess I had been sitting to long at the computer,” he says ruefully.

“Here,” I stand and take up position behind him.

“I assure you Ms. Sullivan that isn’t necessary,” he looks up at me so startled that I couldn’t help but to smile down at him. It wasn’t very often that you surprised Lex Luthor.

“Trust me,” I chuckle. His eyes widened as I crack my knuckles with an audible snap and pop.

My first touch was to smooth his shirt over his shoulders. I could feel the tension humming from him and my hands feel cool next to the heat of his body. Thanks to the years that my father spent working at the plant I had learned to give a great message.

A companionable silence fills the room as I gently smooth my hands across his shoulders and the subtle scent of his cologne drifts towards me enveloping me with something that I could only identify as Lex. He’s not as muscular as my father or Clark is. He possesses a sinewy strength more like a large cat. When my hands feel almost hot with the friction that is generated, I boldly venture to the bare skin of his neck sliding my thumbs across the smooth warm skin. I could feel him relaxing in increments, finally his head rolls towards his chest in total relaxation.

“God, Ms. Sullivan. You have magic in your fingers,” his voice husky with pleasure as he sighs and groans when I find a particularly tense spot to work on. I can see his reflection in the darkening window. His eyes are closed and his lips are parted in pleasure as I continue to assault his tense areas. The rhythm of gently kneading his muscles is just as relaxing for me as it is for him.

“Chloe,” I say softly not wanting to break the peace that I have found for the first time all day. “My name is Chloe.”

Slowly he opens his eyes and finds mine in the darkening glass. He focuses on me with an intensity that is almost frightening. For once there is no smirk twisting his lips.

“I know, Chloe,” I find myself watching his sculpted lips forming the syllables of my name in fascination. A new awareness flutters and dances in my stomach. My hands gradually slow and finally stop their rhythmical message. We stare at each other silently through the reflection of the window.

“The computer is a gift to your talents, Chloe,” He says softly and glances away from me the moment lost as he rises from his chair. Much to my regret I find him wearing the smooth face of control when he turns to look at me.

“Your father mentioned this morning that your computer at home was on its last legs and that meant that you’d be spending more time at the Torch then you already do. Frankly he was worried about something happening to you while you are working late one evening and so was I,” He slid his hands into his front pockets watching my face. Once again I was faced with the indomitable Lex Luthor.

“Ulterior motives again Mr. Luthor?” I quipped, suddenly finding a strange desire to place some distance between us and to provoke him. I needed to see him as unbalanced as I felt.

“Lex,” he grounds out through clenched teeth. “And if that is what you want to think then yes. Yes, Ms. Sullivan,” He gestures towards me. “All right you found me out. The truth of the matter is if your father is less distracted at the plant then I get a better quality of work out of him when he is not worrying about your safety,” his eyes blaze with anger and frustration as he turns away from me. He pours himself drink from the wet bar and downs it with one smooth practiced motion.

“Thank you, Lex,” I say softly. I move to stand near him. The fight that I thought that I wanted suddenly felt wrong. “It just threw me Lex. I just didn’t know what to do or to think. I guess that is how I have felt all day.”

“Chloe, you have to decide what to do about your friends. Can you cut them out of your life and live without them?” his eyes searches mine. I glance away as I think about what life would mean without them. I suddenly wonder if that is what he had to do in order to move on.

“I can’t do that, Lex. They are a part of me.” I smile at him realizing that I needed my friends. I lean in and touch my lips to his cheek. “Thanks.”

“Chloe, about…” Lex gestures towards the chair that he sat in for the massage.

“Just call me a bleeding heart,” I grin at him as throw his parting remark back to him. I move towards the door and his soft chuckle is the last thing that I hear.

yasmine32068
15th January 2006, 10:35
Bleeding Heart (3/5) NC-17

Yasmine32548

rjdtmgough@bellsouth.net

Summery: Chloe ponders the changes that are going on and a surprise encounter at the Talon. This is set after Fever.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of them…

Yep! It’s official! I, Chloe Sullivan have officially lost my ever loving mind while sitting in the Talon! I am falling for Lex Luthor. Maybe I should try saying that five times fast. What the hell am I thinking? ‘The man is dangerous’ whispers the sane voice in my head. To whom is he dangerous to? This is the same guy that has saved everyone’s ass time and time again? Yeah, a real danger there! His father is trying to destroy anything and everything that Lex cares about and Lex is the dangerous one!

“May I join you?” I can feel my self start as his voice cuts through the conversation that I had lost track of long ago.

“Sure,” Clark says with a smile.

The air shifts around me as Lex pulls up a chair near me. I breathe in the Lex smell and find myself strangely comforted by it. I find myself staring at him as he leans forward to place his coffee mug on the table.

“Ms. Sullivan?” Lex has his trademark smirk on his face. I can feel the blush starting to rise in my cheeks.

“Sorry, I have naked sheep,” I blurt out. Everyone at the table pause in their conversation to stare at me.

“Excuse me?” he asks looking very confused. I could kick myself at the look on his face.

“I was gathering wool.” Yep, I know that I have definitely added full blown red to the cheeks. Could I get any more stupid?

“We were just trying to get Chloe to tell us what she wants to do for her birthday,” Clark says as he stares at me with a definitely amused look on his face. “She keeps telling us nothing.”

“But she is the first of us to turn 18,” continues Pete. I could have kicked him because technically it was Lex that was the first. I could see that he was deliberately trying to exclude Lex. Everyone pauses in the harshness of what Pete just said when I lean across the table to lay a hand on his.

“You know that I love you, right Pete?” I ask. “But you can be such an asshole.”

There is a sudden stillness around the as everyone digests what I just said.
“Ms. Sullivan,” Lex of course is the first recover enough to speak. Everyone is so quick to use Lex or judge Lex. They all stand on their soapboxes and preach about the evils of the Luthors but when something happens he is the first to do what he can to help out. I silence him with a look. I can feel the anger boiling to the surface and force a laugh.

“Oh, I am sorry! When Lana opened this place up,” I gestured to the warm setting of the Talon. “Wasn’t it Lex who offered to partner with her when the banks turned her down?” I reach into my bag fumbling for a crumpled number of bills to cover my coffee. “And when Pete’s own family had trouble with Lionel Luthor, Lex stuck out his neck to help them out. You know Pete; it’s the whole sins of the father thing. You just need to get a grip and come back to reality.”

“Chloe,” Clark said. “I don’t think that this is the time or place for this.” He glanced around the Talon noting the number of people.

“You know what,” I say as I stand. I look at Lana and her face is filled with shock. Clark wearing his perpetual look of concern and finally at Pete who was looking somewhat bashful. I finally allowed my gazed rest on the pale face of Lex.

“I’m sorry.” I turn and head for the nearest exit.

Oh god! Me and my big mouth, one of these days Sullivan bang right to the moon! The coolness of the evening feels great on my stinging cheeks. Fishing around in my purse where I could have sworn I seen my keys. I am muttering to myself when I dimly realize that there is someone calling my name as I turn around I run right into Lex.

“Chloe you are a hard woman to catch up with,” He says slightly out of breath. Looking around I realize that I was almost three blocks from the Talon and a two blocks from my car.

“Oh,” I groan realizing what I had done. “Could I do anything more embarrassing?” I gesture back in the direction that my BMW is parked and shake my head and roll my eyes at myself.

“It’s natural,”

“You left,”

We both stop and smile as we both spoke at the same time.

“What’s natural?” He asks looking at me curiously as I continue to dig through my purse for my keys.

“The dizziness that occasional occurs with us blonds,” I reply not looking up. The sounds of keys jingling finally catch my attention.

“You forgot these,” He says as he starts to hand my keys to me then stretches them out of my reach. I can feel my eyes widen and a grin starting.

“Those are mine,” I say as I reach for them.

“What? Oh sure,” again he starts to hand them to me and stops looking at me with a strange grin on his face. “So what do you want for your birthday?”

He asks as he holds my keys a little higher out of my reach.

“What are you doing?” I ask trying hard not to laugh.

He glances at the keys in his hands like he had never seen them before.

“Why Ms. Sullivan, I do believe that I am holding your keys ransom,” he smirks down at me. “After all I am the boogie man.” The humor in his eyes is briefly over shadow by another emotion to dark to read.

For a moment I feel like I am having an out of body experience as I step closer to the warmth of his body. My fingers find the silver buckle of his belt. I trail my finger tips up the taunt cords of his stomach. My eyes follow their path to his chest. I venture a glance at his face. The cool clean lines of his face are set in his typical mask of indifference but the fire in his eyes was of my own creation.

“You know Lex, it’s not nice to tease,” I nudge the tip of his nose with mine and part my lips so that the warmth of my breath tease his lips. His own sculpted lips parted and I caught the faint scent of coffee and mint. My hand smoothed their way across his chest. I could feel his arm hover against the small of my back hesitant to embrace me. My hand encloses over the key chain and finds no resistance in claiming them.

“You maybe a lot of things to many people,” I say softly looking into his eyes only inches from the lips that I want to desperately kiss. “But you have never been the boogie man to me.”

“I am to a lot of people, Chloe,” he replies. “You might do well in remembering that but for you,” He steps away from me his finger tips lightly brush my lips. “I’ll always be a bleeding heart.”

yasmine32068
15th January 2006, 10:39
Bleeding Heart (4/5) NC-17

Yasmine32548

rjdtmgough@bellsouth.net

Summery: Birthdays, Mischief and High Jinks ensue. This is set after Fever.

“I am sorry, pumpkin, But our sister plant needs a strong representative at the labor negotiations. Mr. Luthor asked me to handle it personally.”

“It’s okay dad! Go take care of business,” I am not sure who is trying to reassure who more. I know that if my dad had any choice in the matter then we would be making our yearly trek to Metropolis for a day at the zoo and dinner at my favorite restaurant. By the time that he is packed and ready to leave I think that both of our nerves are a little shot.

“Be good and stay out of trouble,” My dad smacks a kiss against my cheek.

“Who? Me? Trouble? Consider it avoided! Go, but I want an exclusive when you get back!” I tell him as he rushes out the door.

What I really wanted was time to myself. I am not sure if one of my friends saw Lex and I that night but it suddenly seemed like for the last few weeks I was forever shadowed by one of them. Maybe it’s just my own paranoia to having my own secret.

Lex has pretty much been scarce over the last few weeks too. I glance down at the front page of the Daily Planet. Even standing in a crowded room full of people he appears elegant and interested in the big haired bimbo hanging on his arm. Unless of course you are a certain obsessive compulsive female then you can see from the look in his eyes that he is bored to tears. Or maybe that is wishful thinking on my part.

A few hours later found me with my head in the oven. I wasn’t trying to kill myself honest; it just needed a good cleaning. Maybe pent up sexual frustration is a good thing because cabinets got cleaned and organized. The latest science experiment was scrapped from the refrigerator when the phone rang.

“Sullivan Mortuaries, you stick ‘em we slab ‘em.”

“That is an interesting twist to hello,” I hear Lex’s amused voice on the other end and I can feel my face go up in flames.

“Well, you know I love to keep people on their toes,” I am smiling as I trace my fingers over the planes of his face in the paper. “Dad left already for Plant City he should be getting there any time.”

“I know, but he called me from the road and told me that he forgot the contracts,” Lex explains. “I am trying to get things organized on my end and was wondering if you could bring them out to me.”

“Oh,” I pause and glance down at my dirty bare feet and faded cut off shorts. “Well, I am a mess and I had my head in the oven.” The sound of a rarely used laugh floats over me and butterflies take flight in my stomach.

“I hope it wasn’t on my account Ms. Sullivan,” Lex says with a chuckle. “I’ll see you in a couple of hours.” I am left standing there holding a phone with a dial tone with an open mouth.

A quick shower and my bedroom looking like a tornado hit, I am ready to face Lex. I must have been suffering from oven fumes because there is no way that Lex could think that my head was in the oven because of him. He said that he was preparing to leave for Plant City to oversee the negotiations. By the time I reach the mansion my butterflies finally decided on a flight pattern.

I take a deep breath as I am let in his house and told that Mr. Luthor is in the library. Library, we have one of those too but we call it the family den. I shake my head at one of the many differences between us and make my way towards it. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I almost missed the sounds of raised male voices. I raise my hand to knock lightly on the door when it is jerked open. Great, Luthor Senior must be paying a surprise visit.

“Ah, Ms. Sullivan, playing errand girl I see.” He says snidely. “Your father is most lapsed in leaving such important paperwork behind.”

There are some days that I dream of this man being served to me as a giant piñata. I just have a crazy urge to beat the man with a stick.

“Mr. Luthor,” my tone glacial. “I believe that you’re running late.” I quip at him. Any of my friends know the danger signs of my temper and Lex has been on the receiving end enough to recognize the warning signs.

“Have a nice trip back to Metropolis, Dad.” He says shooting me a warning glance.

“Wait a minute,” Mr. Luthor replies. “What do you think that I am late for Ms. Sullivan?”

“A band from the Eighties called and they want their hair back, Mr. Luthor.” I give him my best wide eyed innocent look and I hear Lex coughing violently from behind his father. He almost forcibly guides him out of the door as Mr. Luthor is sputtering at me. I just wiggled my fingers at him as a farewell.
Lex leans against the closed door and shakes his head at me in genuine amusement.

“Ms. Sullivan, have you ever been told to get a permit?” He says.

I laugh at him. “What do I need a permit for?” I ask looking at him slightly bewildered.

“For your mouth, Ms. Sullivan,” for the first time since I have met the man I see him smile an open and genuine smile.

The beauty of it catches my breath and I strive to lock this moment away in the back of my mind. When his sharp eyes focus on his subject matter I almost forget to breath and the butterflies that were flying in a nice calm pattern suddenly burst free to begin their wild flight again. He stalks towards me with the grace of a predator until he is almost touching me with his body. The file that I was carrying slipped to the floor from nerveless fingers with a startling clatter.

I use that moment to gather up the fallen papers and to recollect my self. I am trying to get everything back into an orderly stack when his hands brush against mine to help.

“My parents should have named me Grace,” I tell him. I am surprised that I even sound half way normal.

“Why is that?” He asks.

“Because I am a walking klutz,” I tell him. I desperately hope that he hasn’t noticed that my hands have a nervous tremble. He envelopes one of my hands in his warm strong grip.

“Why you do that?” He asked me, his thumb lightly smoothing the sensitive skin of my wrist. His normally smooth brow was unconsciously creased. He was casually dressed today or rather at least as casually dressed as Lex Luthor gets. A simple white tee shirt stretched across his frame and his usual slacks.

“Do what?” I asked as I pause in the straightening papers.

“Feel a constant need to defend me” His normally piercing gaze slid away from my eyes but not before I detected a small sense of uncertainty.
“Don’t you think that you are worth defending?” I asked him puzzled. My finger tips touch the smoothness of his cheek and draw his eyes back to mine. I can see the pain in their depths.

“You have a big heart Luthor and a great capacity for doing great things. Sometimes how you approach a problem sucks but you try.” I hold his gaze with mine hoping that he can see the truth in my eyes. “For someone who has all of your money and power sometimes you remind me of a half starved junk yard dog. You growl and snap at anything that comes into your territory but all you really want is to have your belly scratched.”

I watch with a morbid fascination as the emotions change in his face. I couldn’t tell if he was trying to hide from me again.

“Do you want to scratch my belly, Ms. Sullivan?” he quirked his eyebrow at me in a suggestive manner.

I could feel my eyes widen in shock and my cheeks darken lightly with pink. Okay Sullivan he doesn’t mean it! He’s only playing. Remember to breath! I watch as he seems to remember who is he is and that face of cool disinterest be gin to slide back into place. Slowly rising to my feet I wonder if I want to scratch his belly for the right reasons.

“I’m not sure yet,” Find myself telling him. “I… Do you have all your shots?”
Rule number six in the Sullivan survival handbook; when in doubt retreat into humor.

A harsh bark of mocking laughter flows from him. “Chloe, you never have to worry about that.” He takes the folder from me and grasps my hand lightly. “Come with me,” he says as he tugs my hand lightly.

With a rueful smile I let him drag me through the twisting turns of the house. I am almost winded by the brisk pace that he had set.

“Lex, wait,” I can’t help laugh because he is so insistent.

“Come on Ms. Sullivan, where is your sense of adventure?” and just like that he lightly pushes me through another door.

“Surprise!”

His patio is crowded with an abundance of my smiling friends. My jaw drops open at the sight that greets me. Small white twinkle lights decorated the patio casting a surreal glow. There was a crowd of my friends including my father all singing Happy Birthday. It seemed like the whole town was here.

“Dad,” I sputter out shocked.

“Not a bad job, Mr. Luthor,” my father says smiling as he comes over to give my cheek a kiss. “She is speechless.”

“Who would have thought that we’d ever see the day,” Lana laughs.

“You wouldn’t tell us what you wanted for your birthday,” Pete is telling me as he throws his arms around my shoulders for a hug. In the distance my fogged brain can hear the sounds of animals. “Man, he even got Metropolis Zoo to donate a few animals!”

Clark leans in to kiss my cheek. “Lex arranged everything.”

“Lex,” I look around to see him standing slightly apart from us with his hands in his pockets. I move towards him and draw him into the circle of my friends accepting more hugs and kisses from the Kent’s.

“Thank you,” I tell him with tears in my eyes.

“Bleeding heart, Sullivan, Bleeding heart.”

yasmine32068
15th January 2006, 10:44
Bleeding Heart (5/5) NC-17

Yasmine32548

rjdtmgough@bellsouth.net

Summery: Birthdays, Mischief and High Jinks ensue. This is set after Fever.

Luthor sure did know how to throw a party. Through the evening he was pleasant and congenial enough with everyone that he came into contact with. He even managed to smile and laugh at something that Clark said to him but unless you really knew what to watch for. He never went out of his way to join the partiers. He made sure that everyone was getting plenty to eat and drink but he would watch from a safe distance studying movements and interactions. When I knew that he wasn’t looking I would study his. I suddenly understood why Lex was never totally comfortable with people. Everyone ate his food drank his booze but never made an effort to include him. They weren’t rude to him but they just left him standing outside the warmth of the friendship circles.

My father and I loved the mini zoo that Lex shipped in and we managed to give Clark a couple of great father and daughter pictures for the Talon. I dance till my feet hurt and ate till I thought I’d burst. The evening couldn’t have any more perfect. Mr. and Mrs. Kent left the party early and some of the older crowd including my dad soon after. Slowly over the course of the night I watched as couples paired off and leave. Even Lex disappeared a few hours ago and I haven’t seen him since. I watch as caters efficiently clean up the patio. Grudgingly I get to my tired feet slipping off my shoes as I go.

I follow my way back thru the house to Lex’s office. I find him with his phone to his ear and pacing the floor in front of his desk. The top of his desk is covered with files and folders. It’s obvious that he is working. I gesture as if to leave but he smirks at me and motions me to stay. I give him a small smile and silently make my way towards the couch. I curl my feet under me and make a pretense of thumbing through a magazine while he is pacing the floor. I can feel my eyes widen slightly as I realize that he is conversing in Japanese. I lean my head back to watch him.

Slowly his western clothing is replaced by a beautiful silk kimono. I am holding a large fan and dancing for him to a tune that I had never heard before. My every movement is meant to seduce and tease with hints of flesh bared. His eyes follow my every serpentine movement hotly as he downs his sake. Holding my fan in front of my body I loosen the sash of my own robe. I drop it on the floor of his feet and turn away from him presenting my back. My fan follows my movements as I peer at him over the top of my shoulder allowing him to see my own desire. There is a whisper silk as I drop my kimono. My body feels flushed and tight with desire as I slowly turn and hold my hand out to beckon him. I continue to hide my nudity behind my fan as his eyes rove the bared expanse of my legs and the tops of my shoulders.

He rises from the velveteen pillows he was sitting on and stalks slowly towards me removing his own kimono in the process. I drink in the smooth lean planes of his body as he stands close enough to let me feel his heat nothing between us except the thin silk of his pants and my fan. His face is set in familiar cool lines that belie the fire I can see raging in his eyes as he slowly traces my lips. I quiver under his slow exploration.

“Lex,” I sigh my lips parting, waiting for him to capture them with his for the first time.

A bang scares me out of my nap.

“Finally,” Lex says as he turns towards me. I struggle to sit up on the couch.

I am disoriented as I realize that I had dozed off. My eyes widen as I try to move my legs and realize that they are both firmly asleep. I can feel my face flame as I recall ruminates of my dream.

“Are there still guest?” he asks as he sits next to me with a tired smile.

“Um, no, everyone left,” I tell him as I look away from him and a gingerly rub my calf muscle trying to regain circulation.

“Are you all right? He asks as he peers into my pained face.

What I wanted to say was ’No Lex, I am not alright. I am so hot and bothered that I am going to burst into flames on your thousand dollar couch.’

What came out of my mouth thank goodness was, “My legs fell asleep.”

He glanced down at the offending extremities and chuckled, “Well we can’t have that,” He stretched my legs out across his lap and gently but firmly messaged them. “I still haven’t danced with the birthday girl,” he smiles at me.

I would just like to take a moment and thank the manufactures of Gillete for the oh so close shave of my legs I think to my self as I seek a glance at Lex. He is rubbing my legs and his head is resting on the back of the couch. His eyes are closed and he seems to be relaxing to the rhythm of what his hands are doing. His hands circle my ankle and start a maddening journey to sensitive skin behind my knees. With each silken pass of his hands my belly tightens. I feel so close to blowing apart that I jerk my legs off his lap and stand.

“I am not doing this again,” I mutter through gritted teeth as I glanced around for my shoes.

“Chloe what’s wrong?” Lex sits up and stilled my jerky movements.

“Lex, I,”

All of a sudden I couldn’t think of a proper response when I looked into his eyes. There was nothing wrong except for the liquid desire flowing through my veins. I take a deep breath and sigh.

“I haven’t gotten a birthday kiss,” my voice sounded slightly husky even to my ears. His eyes widened slightly from shock and I could see his pupils dilate as he considered my request. His gaze falls to my lips and watches as I gently bite down on the soft flesh.

“I see,” he replies softly as he lightly embraces me. A steady throb takes up residence in my loins as he tucks a lock of hair behind my ear. He trails the palm of his hand to the side of my face. My eyes drift closed as I turn my head slightly to catch the scent of his wrist and graze his palm with my lips.
My name passes through his lips as a soft whisper as he tilts my head for a better angle. I am cocooned by the heat of his body and I press nearer to take in more of the fire I was craving. His first pass was as light as a butterfly landing. He moves away to look into my eyes and I slide my hands around his waist making sure that my movements are unhurried and peer up at him.

“Try again, Luthor,” I whisper huskily.

My body molds its self to his. His belt buckle dug lightly into my stomach. He read something in my eyes that must have reassured him because the next pass that he took at my lips was filled with fire.

I felt the slick wetness of his tongue demanding entrance to my mouth. He tasted of the chocolate birthday cake that we had and something that was uniquely him. He teased with calculated thrusts of his tongue both giving and demanding. My hands kneaded the hard planes of his back and I shifted restlessly against him. My body was demanding more. He groans as he deepens his kiss and slides his hands restlessly over the curves of my ass. My hands grasp and tug at the edges of his shirt and touch the hot skin beneath.

I break the kiss this time pulling back frantically sucking in a gasping breath.
“God, Lex,” For a moment we both drop our hands and stare at each other. He face is flushed and eyes are darkly watching for my next move. I step away from him and begin to unbutton my shirt. He watches as if I were his only lifeline.

“No,” he grits out. His fists clenched at his sides. I pay no attention as I open my shirt watching as his eyes darken to stormy shade of blue.
“No?” I ask as I drop my shirt on the floor. I move forward and press my lace covered breasts against him.

“No, you didn’t like the taste of my mouth?” I ask again as I capture his lips again for another burning kiss. His kisses are no longer controlled but rather demanding. His hands dance mindless patterns over my back. I arch my hips against his seeking the friction that I needed to end my torment. His sleek frame shudders against mine as I felt the firm strength of his arousal.

“Not here,” he growls against my lips. He takes my arm in a firm grip and spins me towards the door and down the hall before I could even catch my breath. We were at the base of the stairs leading to the upper levels of the mansion when I tug my arm away from his grip. He freezes and turn towards me. The harsh look in his eyes both thrills me and scares me. He drags my body against his for another taste of my mouth.

Our movements are frantic we caress and taste each other. He slowly backs me against one of the ornate marble tables in his foyer. His strong hands slide their way over the curvature of my ass and I feel him lift me as our mouths tear apart leaving the both of us gasping for air. He sets me on the table and sweeps the flowers to the floor. My skirt is bunched under me and he glances down at the matching lace of my panties. A trembling fingertip traces the lips of my pussy to find my wetness has soaked through. My hips jerk without control and I suck in a hissing breath through clenched teeth.

“Tell me you don’t what this Chloe,” He asks me quietly. I can see him struggling for control. I hook both hands under his shirt and slide it over his body to drop it on the floor. His smooth skin glistens lightly under the harsher lights like fine porcelain. I lean in and leave a damp trail as I taste his skin. He stokes my sensitive flesh with a slightly firmer touch as I moan. Just as I am about to reach my peak he stops and pulls me from the table to the stairs. My knees are trembling so hard that I stumble half way up. We both sink to the stairs our mouths locked in a desperate battle that neither of us wants to win.

Lex grasps my panties at the hip and gives a forceful jerk tearing them away. He cups the heated flesh as my hands explore restlessly over his body. He inserts a finger with a slow and steady thrust. My head falls back and I let out a loud groan. He matches the rhythm of his hands to his mouth. My hands busy themselves with the tent in the front of his slacks. My hands are trembling with a desperate need to open his pants and slide my hand inside. I can sense his heart beating in my palm. His flesh feels like steel wrapped in heated velvet. Each stroke of his tongue and fingers takes me higher and higher until something breaks free. The sounds of my orgasm are captured by his mouth as I shriek my pleasure.

“Hurry,” I gasp. “I can’t take much more of this.”

He grips me under my thighs and rises smoothly. I find a sensitive patch of skin on his neck to nibble as he groans. Suddenly I feel my back presses against the cool wall. His hands are hooked under my thighs and I can feel the tip of him pressing into the opened of my body. My hips take on a mind of their own as they begin to pump back and forth. I can feel him fumbling to get the blasted door open.

“Baby I have to set you down,” He groans against my lips. “I am not going to make it if you keep moving like that.” My heart is in delight. His smooth cool control was all but shattered.

We are both driven to the edge on insanity as we barely make it into the room before we hit the floor. He is trying to reach into the night stand next to the bed as I am trying to rid him of his pants. I hear the sound of foil tearing and then he jerks my hips into position under him.

“Tell me to stop Chloe,” he asks through tightly clenched teeth. I answer with a smooth upward thrust of my hips, capturing the tip of him inside me.

“Lex please,” I felt my self whimper. His answer was a smooth hard slide in my heated depths. We both gasp at his move. My body was to far gone to feel the pain of his entrance.

“Now Lex, I need you now!” I demanded. Every hard thrust of his body I dance closer to the flames. I was mindless in my pleasure until finally there was nothing more that I could give. Lex shuttered and groaned with me as I blew apart for the final time and I was lost in a haze of pleasure.

I wake up to find myself in a soft bed. Lex has an arm loosely thrown around my waist. I slip lightly from the bed in the early morning light. He snores lightly and rolls over. I gather my cloths and his as I quietly leave the mansion. I sat in my car and stare at the house and realize that Lex isn’t the only bleeding heart. Mine could end up bleeding too.

The End

Coming Soon Lionel, Tigers, and Chloe, Oh My!

Kikina
15th January 2006, 12:20
“I haven’t gotten a birthday kiss,” my voice sounded slightly husky even to my ears. His eyes widened slightly from shock and I could see his pupils dilate as he considered my request. His gaze falls to my lips and watches as I gently bite down on the soft flesh.

“I see,” he replies softly as he lightly embraces me. A steady throb takes up residence in my loins as he tucks a lock of hair behind my ear. He trails the palm of his hand to the side of my face. My eyes drift closed as I turn my head slightly to catch the scent of his wrist and graze his palm with my lips.
My name passes through his lips as a soft whisper as he tilts my head for a better angle. I am cocooned by the heat of his body and I press nearer to take in more of the fire I was craving. His first pass was as light as a butterfly landing. He moves away to look into my eyes and I slide my hands around his waist making sure that my movements are unhurried and peer up at him.

“Try again, Luthor,” I whisper huskily.

My body molds its self to his. His belt buckle dug lightly into my stomach. He read something in my eyes that must have reassured him because the next pass that he took at my lips was filled with fire.

I felt the slick wetness of his tongue demanding entrance to my mouth. He tasted of the chocolate birthday cake that we had and something that was uniquely him. He teased with calculated thrusts of his tongue both giving and demanding. My hands kneaded the hard planes of his back and I shifted restlessly against him. My body was demanding more. He groans as he deepens his kiss and slides his hands restlessly over the curves of my ass. My hands grasp and tug at the edges of his shirt and touch the hot skin beneath.

Love the "Try again, Luthor" line and how it changed from light and nice kiss to passion and demanding.

“Tell me you don’t what this Chloe,” He asks me quietly. I can see him struggling for control. I hook both hands under his shirt and slide it over his body to drop it on the floor. His smooth skin glistens lightly under the harsher lights like fine porcelain. I lean in and leave a damp trail as I taste his skin. He stokes my sensitive flesh with a slightly firmer touch as I moan. Just as I am about to reach my peak he stops and pulls me from the table to the stairs. My knees are trembling so hard that I stumble half way up. We both sink to the stairs our mouths locked in a desperate battle that neither of us wants to win.

“Tell me to stop Chloe,” he asks through tightly clenched teeth. I answer with a smooth upward thrust of my hips, capturing the tip of him inside me.

My next favourite part, Lex torn between what´s right and safe adn between what he wants, that´s HOT :blinkkiss

I wake up to find myself in a soft bed. Lex has an arm loosely thrown around my waist. I slip lightly from the bed in the early morning light. He snores lightly and rolls over. I gather my cloths and his as I quietly leave the mansion. I sat in my car and stare at the house and realize that Lex isn’t the only bleeding heart. Mine could end up bleeding too.

The End

Well, this needs a sequel, I mean, they cannot spend night like this together and then pretend like nothing happened, can they?:yeahbaby:

Krysia
15th January 2006, 14:28
I loved the whole birthday suprise party bit, I didn't see it coming. I suspected he may be planing something just for the two of them, but to invite everyone was just perfect [ even Pete was there :)]. I hope the end of the chapter isn't forshadowing the heartache that is ahead for them. I'm hoping the sequel will be just ass sweet as this story.

BellaMR
16th January 2006, 01:37
I almost missed this fic hiding over here in the completed section. This was a great story and I hope you continue it with a sequel. Chloe's heart can't be left to bleed.

PMD
16th January 2006, 02:16
Well, if I know this writer---and I truly do, she won't leave us hanging on for long. :) Trust me on this---she's quicker on the keyboard than the Flash is in running. :) Well, at least in half-speed for the flash. <g>

Honey, I didn't need the heat this afternoon---your ending was that hot. :) Thanks for a wonderful story that's leading to a sequel and what---Lionel's head on a platter. <bg>

Natasha
16th January 2006, 04:42
I really enjoyed your story , so now I am going over to read your sequel. Good Job.

bluefang
16th January 2006, 05:32
Woooooooooow great story. i especially love the way u portray lex. the real lex from the beginning of the show. the good he wants to be but ppl either ignore in favor of their stupid assumption.

Nicely on the realistic side and not them jus suddenly jumping for each other. They jus have this..connection, poor bleeding hearts.

Off to sequel! Love the story:love2:

Skye
16th January 2006, 05:43
Loved how you build up the big nookie scene, hehe!!

yasmine32068
16th January 2006, 17:10
I'd like to thank everyone for the warm acceptance of my first story! I find that I am enjoying my time spent writting about these two dynamic and complex characters. Please keep watching for other pieces to come and let me know what you think and if there are any questions!!! It's the only way that I am going to improve! :D

Yasmine32068

Esther25jm
17th January 2006, 04:35
Boy howdy, that was.....yum!! Got caught up with chapters 4 & 5, and I'm still reeling with the emotions they stirred. WOW!!! And the Chlex loving...hot freaking mama......can I have your Lex? He's sexy as hell!!! Can't wait to read the sequel!!!

Esther

starmoon
20th January 2006, 11:16
love your story can't wait to read the sequel.

teb85
26th January 2006, 20:48
This was great ! I loved it and am off to read the sequel !!

redniblet
27th January 2006, 14:13
That was awesome!!!

Ami Rose
29th January 2006, 08:07
Awsome! Loved it!
Ami Rose

pipersmum
15th April 2006, 20:35
That was great Yasmine I would never have known this was your first story unless you had said!! The friendship building between them was beautifully done and you write such a sweet and sexy Lex! The smut was really intense I loved it!

Pieper
24th April 2006, 00:13
Great story.

Ann
11th July 2006, 07:01
“Ms. Sullivan?” Lex has his trademark smirk on his face. I can feel the blush starting to rise in my cheeks.

“Sorry, I have naked sheep,” I blurt out. Everyone at the table pause in their conversation to stare at me.

“Excuse me?” he asks looking very confused. I could kick myself at the look on his face.

“I was gathering wool.” Yep, I know that I have definitely added full blown red to the cheeks. Could I get any more stupid?

I laughed so freakin' loud at that part. I loved this fic!

~*~Tasha~*~
12th July 2006, 06:44
Very enjoyable read.

Trisana
6th August 2006, 12:02
*OMG* I´m coming up for air!!! What a great story!!! I´m in awe!

Hugs from Tris

p.s By the way...the image of Lionel as a pinäta cracked me up. Who hasn´t wanted to whack that man with a stick several times??