PDA

View Full Version : I Love Him (PG-13)

PMD
14th January 2006, 03:19
Hope you guys enjoy this piece. I certainly had fun writing it. :)

Title: For David and Drawtist - "I Love Him"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Clana, slightly futurefic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: She loves him but in order to tell him, a big secret has to be reveals from his best friend.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and its characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, and WBFFZ, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: I know in the series, in year 5 Clark finds out that Chloe knows but for this story, Clark already knows---and Lana knows his secret too. With that said---read on. This is for my friend, David, who's always wanted Lana to know and wanted Lana and Clark together. And who also has inspired my writing of Clana and encouraged it and my writing of Chlex. And for Drawtist, who's always there to talk to about things, when I'm stuck in an idea. Enjoy.

For David and Drawtist - "I Love Him" - by PMD

Prologue: I finally figured out something in my life and Clark will have to live with it or lose me forever.

~

Metro U - Single Bed Dorm Room Of Chloe Sullivan

"Is this the last of it, Chloe?"

I turn to look at Clark walking in with three boxes of very heavy books.

"Hey, stupid---you want your secret to be leaked out?" I quip.

"Eh?"

"Put the boxes down."

"Oh? Oh! Right---not exactly what a human male can do."

"Well, Lex has been known to do extraordinary things but not this."

He frowns at me. "Chloe?"

"I'm not going to like this, am I?" I query, seeing the look in his eyes.

He places the boxes down and walks towards me, sitting on the bed and asking me to join him.

"What?"

"About Lex and my secret---"

"Clark; stop it! You're my friend and I won't tell him I know, until you tell him yourself. However---he's my friend too. In fact---"

"What?"

"In fact, I have to tell you something about my feelings for Lex."

"What about your feelings for me?"

We look up at Lex standing there, curiosity in his eyes.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask him.

"Don't worry---I didn't hear anything I shouldn't have heard, Sullivan. I was just here long enough to hear you say you have something to tell Clark about your feelings for me and wondering why you don't tell me."

Clark stares into his eyes and sighs. "I'll leave you two alone than."

He gets up and starts towards the door.

He doesn't believe him. I can sense---feel that he doesn't. I might not be able to get people to verbally tell me the truth anymore but another ability was unleashed from this once upon a time ability. An empathic ability---that allows me to feel the feelings of others. And Clark doesn't believe him. But I can't tell him that; it might freak him out. But I know; Lex is telling the truth. In fact, my feelings were altered in regards to him because of this ability.

After the incident, I could feel the loneliness in the man and I wanted to take it away. Then one day, when I found out I had been accepted at college---it was he I wanted to share this with, which I did. And the feelings of admiration and happiness for me, hidden behind the steel wall around his heart--shone through. That's the moment I knew---I loved him. I love him.

I will keep Clark's secret from him but it's breaking my heart. I have to get Clark to tell him---somehow I must. Lana knows and accepted him---wouldn't Lex too? I think he would, since he still thinks of Clark as a friend---his best friend---even with Clark is wary of him at times.

"Lex, could I talk to Clark for a second---alone?"

He glances at Clark and then at me. "Sure---I'll be downstairs getting much needed coffee---I have a feeling this is going to be a long night getting this and us into shape."

"Double Latte," I shout as he leaves the doorway.

I hear laughter in his wake and smile. He knows the coffee I like---he's told Lana enough to take it back when its wrong. But that's only because she forgets when she falls in love and she's definitely in love with Clark.

I turn to look at Clark and gesture he joins me sitting on the bed again.

"Clark."

"I'm not going to like this, am I?"

I smile. "Clark, you have to tell him or lose him as a friend forever. If he finds out from somebody else---somebody who finds out by mistake, not me---then he'll hate you. Or he might become the nemesis you never wanted. Please, tell him---for your own sake, for his, and for mine."

"Yours?"

"Clark, I love him."

He lets out a sigh and then a slight grin. "I know."

"You know?"

"Yeah, I could sense the change in the winds. You went to him rather than me when you got accepted. You verbal with him and you never with me. You rant and you rave about something good or bad that he did and yet you just tell me to fly right or congratulations, and leave it at that. You don't lust after me anymore, Chloe. You fell in love."

"Hey, I never lusted after you. It was a schoolgirl crush, duffus."

He laughs at that and I join him. Then I frown.

"You're going to tell him?"

"You can't get beyond this friendship unless I do, right?"

"I'd feel guilty and you know how perceptive Lex can be with people close to him."

He takes my hand and kisses it. Then we hear a gasp and turn to see Lana standing there.

"Clark?"

"Hey, Lana," he states, getting up and walking over to her.

He's about to allay her insecurities---I just know it. And I'm right. He pulls her into a hug and then kisses her gently. I sense her unsuredness of the scene before wan and then as he backs away, I see the smile meant only for him.

"What's going on, guys?" she asks.

"Close the door and I'll tell you," I state.

~

Fifteen Minutes Later

"I agree with her, Clark. Tell Lex and then she can find the love she richly deserves."

"What if---?" we both say together.

"Honey, Chloe, no what ifs---that destroys rather than builds up. Just take the chance and we'll deal with the repercussions afterwards---if there are any, Clark. And Chloe, just take the chance that he does love you."

Before we can speak, there's a knock at the door.

"Can somebody open up---I'm kinda burdened here."

I get off the bed and walk over to the door, opening it up. He stands there, laden with coffees and food for all. Clark and Lana join us.

"Let me help, Lex," we hear Clark state.

He takes one coffee cup so suddenly that some of the liquid at the top splashes on his hand.

"Clark!" Lex yelps.

Lana and I take the rest from Lex before he drops it. He checks his friend's hand, worried. Then:

"You're not even burned? Why?"

He looks at Lana, then me, and back at Clark.

"We'll leave you two guys alone to talk," I state

~

In The Corridor

"Okay, enough with the whistles and wolf calls, guys. She's taken."

They glare at me while they walk by us---and then turn around to glance at her again.

"Git, git," I quip.

She laughs and I have to smile. "You try to live with a beautiful girl whom everybody falls for."

"Yeah, well, you try to live with an intelligent girl whom everybody says is far smarter than you."

I frown. "They didn't, did they?"

She leans against the wall and sighs. "Well, the teachers said I should be more like you."

"Well, what do they know."

"A lot."

"You're intelligent, Lana. They're just jealous of you---"

"---and you," she ends the thought with.

Silence and then:

"I wonder has Clark thrown Lex out the window yet?" I ask.

"Wouldn't we hear breaking glass. Maybe you should use your ability to check it out?"

My eyes pop. "What!?!"

She turns and looks straight at me. "I know."

"How do you know?"

"Call it a witches intuition."

"You've still got---"

"Only the good part of it---Jason's mother's affects have left the building."

"Thank God."

"Tell me about---"

She stops in mid sentence when the door opens and two very serious people stand before us.

"So?" she asks.

Clark comes out, no happy smile there. I don't read him---I don't want to cry. He's beside Lana before he lets out a whoop and picks her up.

"I take it he's forgiven you?" I ask them.

"Ask him yourself, Chlo."

I turn to look at Lex. "Well, I take it you forgave him."

"Whatever gave you that idea, Sullivan?"

"Lana---explain to me why I even like that guy over there?"

Clark places her down on the floor and she smiles. "Lex, I believe you and Chloe have something to talk about now."

He takes my hand and leads me back into my dorm room.

~

Feelings Revealed

I close the door and turn to look at him. Before I can get a word out, he pulls me close and I find myself in a bear hug.

"Lex, you okay?"

He backs away. "I'm perfect. You?"

"A little confused but what else is new. It's okay---you don't mind that I knew before you knew. That I didn't tell you."

He nods.

"You know it's because of Clark being the one who had to tell you, right?"

He nods. Then:

"So, now that that's out of the way, what do you have to tell me?"

I back away further and turn, my back to him now. I feel him move close and lean in:

"I know your secret."

"What? How?"

He gently pulls me around. "Because I feel it too."

"What---you can sense people's feelings too?"

"What?" he asks, his eyes widening.

"Ooops!" I say.

"All right, what the hell are you talking about, Chloe?"

"Ah---Lex, see, there's a couple of things I need to tell you---actually one I need to tell Clark too but he knows the first one and---"

"Talk!"

I cringe at the strength and feelings behind that one word and he notices.

"Chloe, I'm sorry."

"No---you have a right to be angry. I should have told you sooner."

"I'm not angry."

"Okay, angry's not the word---maybe determined?"

"Chloe, you're stalling. It can't be that bad."

I walk away from him towards the window and look out. I feel him behind me soon after, his hands on my shoulders.

"Tell me, please."

I smile, remembering this oft missed part of him. He could be tender and truthful when he wanted to be but only to a granted few, because of his past betrayals. I was one of the lucky ones. So, once more into the breach to share a nugget of myself with the man I love.

"I can sense feelings."

Nothing.

"Lex, did you hear me?"

Nothing.

"God, I shouldn't have told you."

"Chloe---tell me how I'm feeling right now."

Finally words.

He backs away. I turn around and close my eyes and feel something so wonderful that it overwhelms me. He steadies me as I sway and then I'm captured by his lips and I'm once more overwhelmed, until we have to part to breathe.

"Now I know both things you wanted to tell me---although I had an inkling about the second one."

My eyes open and I can see it---literally see into his soul and he's at peace. And it's because he has been allowed into the inner sanctum of secrets and thus finally has friends who trust and depend on him, as he does us.

"I love---"

"I know. Me too."

I go back into his arms and sigh.

"I want to stay like this forever."

"And how do you get to classes, young lady?"

"Think the professor might think you could be a new type of computer---an android. He might let you in then."

He chuckles and moves away, brushing my cheek with his thumb. "You have an imagination that can only be a compliment to mine."

"Are you saying we think alike?"

He nods.

"That's the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me."

"Not even saying I love you is better."

"Second then. So, you and Clark are okay, really?"

"Yes."

"And we'll protect him for the rest of our lives."

"With Lana's help."

"Lex, why didn't you ever fall for Lana?" I ask.

"Because I already had fallen in love with somebody else---you."

As he pulls me back into his arms and we turn to the window, I let out a contented sigh, at peace with the world too---and knowing that the best secret to let out is that I love him. And always will.

The End.

Dreamergirl
14th January 2006, 04:46
That was a really sweet story, and an interesting take on the coming out of clark's secret. I'm a little confused abou the 'gifts' they have, but I guess that's because I dont really watch the show anymore.

PMD
14th January 2006, 06:24
Hey Dreamergirl:

Glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :) As to the gifts, well, I know about Lana and the spirit that entered her body (or whatever that was) from the first or second eppy of season 4, before I left the show behind). So, I figured although the bad part is gone, some residual might be left behind. As to Chloe, she did have the ability to get people to tell the truth in one eppy from season 3 and I figured, even though that was gone, maybe some empathic link might have formed after it---just my take, not the shows. ;) Hope that explains it, sweetie. :)

Kikina
14th January 2006, 12:58
Thatīs sooo sweet.Nice change from the other angsty Chlex stories.And I even liked Clark in a fanfiction for once :grin3: Good job :blinkkiss

PMD
14th January 2006, 13:51
Hey Kikina:

So glad you enjoyed it, hon. :) And that you liked Clark too. :)

Ami Rose
9th January 2014, 05:12
very sweet