PDA

View Full Version : President Of The United States (G) (Completed)

drina
1st June 2003, 16:36
Title: President of the United States
Author: Drina
E-mail: feisty_drina@yahoo.com
Rating: G
Distribution: Just tell me about it
Pairing: Chlex
Genre: Futurefic
Disclaimer: I SO do not own any of these characters at all. If I do, Lex and Clark would be at my beck and call. LOL
Spoilers: None
Summary: The title should give the hint already. ;)
AN: Short little vignette that just strikes me. Note, I’m not an American citizen, so I gather my information from web resources. Sorry, if it is not very accurate.

I look at you, smiling at me, so loving. It has always been your fervent support that allows me to become what I have today. You have always encouraged me, pushing me, never allowing me to give up. It is because of you, my dear, that I have managed to get this far. Thank you, my beloved.

Your smile widens, as if you have heard my thoughts. The passage of time has settled on your face gentle, the laugh lines, and the wrinkles at the sides of your eyes, that have come to be due to the numerous laughs and smiles we have shared. There were bad times too, times when we fought and turned our backs on each other in our marital bed. Yet, we take our marriage vows seriously, and never give up on us. We have both grown older, but I would like to think we age with a certain panache: hair streaked with elegant gray, and movements that are just that bit slower, nevertheless we still retain the same old passion for each other in our hearts.

Loving you has always been an easy task. I knew that you are the one for me the moment I lay eyes on you. But of course, that stubborn streak in you refused to give in to that mutual attraction; instead you tried to distance yourself from me. In the end, you still gave in though.

I remember that first kiss, so furious at first, because of the argument we were involved in before we kissed, and how it then gentled, and then we just held each other close, thanking Destiny who had guided us to our soulmate, the other half that completed both our souls: we were not lonely outsiders anymore, instead, we were whole, and together. I remember our first fight too, over an inconsequential thing such as what movie we should watch that day. Neither of us would give in, and the fallout from that fight was tremendous: priceless Tiffany lamps and ancient Ming vases were shattered. The make-up though, was also a spectacular one too, a trip to the top of Metropolis Tower and lovemaking under the stars.

As I stand before the crowd today, I look back at our children too, who could hardly contain their excitement and pride. Xane, our first born, 19 years old now, he stands beside you, tall and broad, in his sharp military uniform; Simon, our second born, a mischievous 16 year old college student, he may be mischievous, but underneath that playful demeanor is a highly intelligent boy; and finally, our precious princess, 13 year old Megan, she who stands at the brink of womanhood, and looks at me so lovingly, that tears gathered in my eyes as I basked in her love.

The time has come though, and I turn my attention back to the ceremony master, who addresses me, “Are you ready?”

I give an emphatic “Yes.”

I put my hand on the Bible, “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will try to the best of my ability, to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God."

“Ladies and Gentleman, I give to you, our 48th elected president, and the first woman President of the United States, Madam Chloe Marie Sullivan-Luthor.”

Fin

TwirlWriter
1st June 2003, 18:42
Oh I liked this ALOT! Very good job.... :clap:

hfce
1st June 2003, 20:01
This story was so cute! I loved it. Chloe as president :hehe:

Hope :biggrin:

bluemoongirl23
1st June 2003, 22:29
Good story. And I liked that you made Chloe President. It was a good fake-out! Nice work.

Blue

Sunflow
7th June 2003, 16:06
Chloe rules the world! ;] I thought that this fic was following the 'Lex Luthor as president' thing... nice surprise :)

The passage of time has settled on your face gentle, the laugh lines, and the wrinkles at the sides of your eyes, that have come to be due to the numerous laughs and smiles we have shared

I love this sentence. Hmm I've just tried to imagine older Lex... damn, he'll be even more sexy than he's now :)

Oh and thanks for the 'story completed' notice.

drina
7th June 2003, 17:58
Thanx for your comments, sunflow, blue, hope and rach.

I suddenly had a weird idea of Chloe as president, and therefore this fic is born.

Have a lot of feedback about the twist, and how ppl enjoy it. I glad that i have surprised you all. :biggrin:

Drina

autumngold
24th October 2003, 09:06
I think that Chloe would make an excellent president, if she was married to Lex! Great story!! :chlexsign4:

SinnerSaint
7th November 2003, 11:45
Screw president ! Chloe needs to rule the world !!!

Sienna
7th November 2003, 14:27
Wow, this was a very good story. I really liked the surprise ending.

WolviesLover
13th November 2003, 22:49
Ooo, Chloe gets to lead? And Lex is the great man behind the great woman, huh? Loved it. Great ending.

Sab_Luthor
13th November 2003, 23:59
BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO chloe

chloedreamer
15th February 2005, 00:49
I so knew it was going to be Chloe.

starmoon
27th March 2005, 10:21
great story i realy liked it. loved what the roles of chloe and lex it was just perfect and the way things should be sometimes.

summer_enchanted
19th April 2005, 21:37
Great story. Enjoyed it alot..:)

LarkLuthor
20th April 2005, 02:53
I feel like I've read this before....

Is it new and I'm thinking of a similar fic somewhere?

Lark

tiger04
20th April 2005, 05:31
that was a great short story. I love the idea of Chloe being the Pres.

AT

drina
20th April 2005, 19:25
Hi all

Glad that some of you had found this short story, and enjoyed it.

Lark Luthor, I have put it on fanfiction.net also, and this was written 2 years ago, so maybe that where you may have read it.

The fact that this short story is 2 years old, yet you readers and reviewers still like it really touch me. I really appreciate it alot.

To tell you the truth, this is one piece of writing I am most proud of, and I love it that most of you really enjoyed it.

Blaire023
20th April 2005, 19:47
so i'm slow and i just found it...but awwwww!

i had that sappy look on my face like, "they grew old together!"

i loved it, beginning, middle and end:)

~*~Tasha~*~
23rd June 2006, 20:49
Ooo ... caught me off guard there. here I thought it was Lex, and it was Chloe as president. Nice one.

ggdoll18
1st July 2006, 19:43
haha loved it. i was expecting lex

Nonhalema
19th June 2007, 18:39
Go Chloe - Chloe Sullivan-Luthor for president!!

Great story

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 11:14
Amazing! Loved it!