PDA

View Full Version : Foolish Heart (PG-13)

PMD
8th January 2006, 00:07
Another piece that I did a while ago. I had been reading a few of the pieces out there for club stories and I decided to try one myself. Enjoy.

Title: "Foolish Heart"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Friendship, Chlex, songfic, futurefic, Lex's and Chloe's POVs, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: They remember the person they left behind.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, it's characters, the lyrics to Foolish Heart, Patrick Swayze, the mention of a character from Dirty Dancing, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, FFA, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malu's site for the moment. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to all the wonderful fics out there that have a club as it's surrounding---using music to bring our favorite couple together, be it pounding beat or soothing melodies. And to David, the fastest---or one of the fastest---betas in the world. Enjoy.

"Foolish Heart" - by PMD

Lex's POV

Another night of boredom in another glitzy club. Trying to forgot my loneliness with starlets, the famous and infamous. But it's not working, Lex. You know it's not like the old days where you took them home and it was wham, bamm, thank you, ma'am! Now, I need something more. And it's just not here. So where is it? Who knows? Well, I keep coming back here, to the city, to the rounds of the clubs. And to this particular club, because this is where I brought the woman I let get away.

"Want to dance, Handsome?"

I look up at the petit blonde and see the blue eyes staring back at me. Wrong color.

"No thank you."

"Come on. It looks like you could use some fun," she states, taking my hand and dragging me to the floor.

I dance mechanically, thankful that the song is a fast one. I can't take the blonde into my arms---I miss the one blonde that had been in my life for so long. And the one I feel I've missed the chance at having in my bed, forever. I let out a sigh and that's when it happens---I sense her, nearby. Could my foolish heart be given another chance at happiness?

The crowd parts and there she is, dancing with another man. I smile at my partner and move closer. "Sorry, I'm going to leave you now. I see somebody who needs rescuing."

I lean in and kiss her cheek and move away, to save a certain blonde from getting her feet trampled.

~

Chloe's POV

Okay, Lois is going to pay for this. This is my birthday, and what does she suggest---go to the club that Lex and I went to, on my 18th birthday. God, she is so going to pay for that idea along with this date she set me up. A bald man? Okay how is this going to help me forget about Lex and my feelings for him?

I try to back away once more from my date---what an idiot? It's a fast dance and yet, the brown eyed devil holds me close and steps on my toes.

I lean up. "Please, could you stop stepping on my toes."

"What?" he screams at me.

"I believe the lady was asking you to stop stepping on her toes."

I back away from my dreaded date and stare at the man of my dreams. Instead of giving him a smile and I hug, I give him a smirk. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Dancing," he replies, with an equal smirk. "I take it you've taken up a body contact sport with your dance partner."

I let out a groan and give him a slight smile. Then I look at the other bald man standing there. "Ah---Derek---Lex. Lex---Derek."

"Hello," he states, pulling me close. I grimace at his grip, knowing I will be a little black and blue tomorrow.

"You better loosen your grip, Buddy!" I hear Lex growl out.

"No, I don't think I will."

God, men and their pissing contests. I bump Derek and he looks at me. "Well, I want you to loosen your grip and while you're at it, could you please leave---this date is over!"

He backs away and smirks at me. "Baby, you don't mean that?"

"Baby---did you just call me Baby? Unless you're Patrick Swayze, Mister, you better leave the building now or suffer the consequences."

Instead of answering, he pulls me in and tries to kiss me. He's pulled off me and pushed towards one of the bouncers. "Tony, could you take the garbage out?"

"Yes, Sir, Mr. Luthor!"

I watch as he leaves the building with the bouncer. Then I turn to Lex. I take one step towards him and falter. "Owwwwww!"

Before I can take another step, he lifts me into his arms and we make our way to one of the couchs in the club. We both sit and he gestures I lift my feet up.

About 5 minutes later, I'm in heaven, with him messaging my injured foot.

I let out a sensual groan and hear a strangled sound from him. I open my eyes and see this lusty look for a minute. But it is quickly replaced with a question. All I can do is nod and thank Lois for telling me to go here for my birthday---for setting me up with a neandrathal only to end up with the prince that holds the key to my heart.

I close my eyes and let out a sigh as he continues his ministraions. Then it stops. I sense him moving closer to me and feel his hot breath on me.

"You're mine and don't you forget it!" he whispers, boldly.

My eyes snap open and I smile. "You've got that half right, Mr. Luthor. You're mine and don't you forget it!"

"I stand corrected," is all he says, before he kisses me.

The kiss is perfect in every way. He starts off slow, his lips lightly touching mine. Then he slips his tongue over them, begging for entrance, which I allow. Then we're dueling once more---not with words but with tongues and emotions. Unfortunately, we have to breathe. As he backs away, I stare into his orbs, dark with desire.

"I missed you," I hear him whisper.

"I missed you too," I whimper, as he strokes my cheek.

He pulls me close and we snuggle, safe from all around us. All disappears from sight--the only thing we zero in on is our heartbeats.

"Want to dance?" I hear him ask.

I look at him. "You won't step on my toes, will you?"

"Heaven's no---you won't step on mine, will you?"

I just give him a smirk, before I put on my shoes and get up. "Okay---let's have some fun."

"I thought we were having fun," he states, getting up and taking my hand.

"More fun, then," I reply, leading him to the dance floor. The fast song stops and then a very familiar one comes. I sense his smile as he pulls me into his arms and we start to sway to it.

"I need a love that grows
I don't want it unless I know
With each passin hour
Someone, somehow
Will be there, ready to share

I need a love that's strong
I'm so tired of being alone
But will my lonely heart
Play the part
Of the fool again, before I begin

Foolish heart, hear me calling
Stop before you start falling
Foolish heart, heed my warning
You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong anymore

Feelin that feelin again
Playin a game I can't win
Love's knockin on the door
Of my heart once more
Think I'll let her in
Before I begin

Stop before, you start falling
You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong anymore
Foolish heart
Foolish, foolish heart
You've been wrong before

Stop before you start falling
You've been wrong before
Don't be wrong anymore
Foolish heart

Oh foolish foolish heart
You've been wrong before

Foolish foolish heart
Foolish heart"

"Please, let this be real," I hear his plea.

I feel his uncertainity and understand it. He's been hurt so many times by women who wanted him for things other than love. I'm different---I know I am. I'm in it for love. If tomorrow, he lost everything, I'd still be here, holding his hand, dancing with him, loving him from this life forward and beyond. Now to tell him that.

I back away. "This is as real as it gets, Alex."

He smiles at the name I've used for so long with him. Then he looks up. "Thank you for creating such an incredibly complex woman for me to share my life with, God."

I let out a sob and lean my head against his chest, listening to the heartbeat. "I'm never letting go again, Alex," I cry out.

"Neither will I, Chloe," I hear him whisper, as we continue dancing to the next song---and a life that will always be filled with love, dancing, and music---and no more foolish hearts.

The End.

hfce
8th January 2006, 02:53
That was so sweet. I love how he saved her and they came together.

Hope :)

PMD
8th January 2006, 04:19
Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed it, hon. :)

Kikina
8th January 2006, 12:30
So sweet, nice and .... perfect.I love it :grin3:

PMD
8th January 2006, 17:21
Hey Kikina:

So glad you enjoyed it, hon. :)