PDA

View Full Version : Tis the season - Completed (PG-13) 9/12/05

welshy
9th December 2005, 05:22
Author: Welshy
Title: Tis the season
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Something happens in Lex's dream world, that even he didn't expect.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, not the characters of Smallville not the song "Wild Horses" by Alicia Keys, which she doesn't even own ;)
Note: I've spent about five minutes writing this story, so I'm going to go over it again later.Thats after I get the thought of Lex and her :eek: out of my head. And I'll also write up the characters up properly, Lex is coming off wrong to me And I know the song doesn't fit, but the moment I heard it I knew that if I was ever going to write a fic on the "Lexmas" episode I would have to put this song in it

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Nothing about these world felt real to him, everything inside of him was screaming in protest as he let himself fall into these new life style. But that voice in the back of his mind just wouldn't be quiet, the more he let himself be pulled into this the louder it got. It didn't help matters when Lana curled herself against his side and rapped herself around him. And then the child came into view, was this his life now? Married, child and another on the way? Wasn't this what he always wanted, he had what he always wanted right here, but there was still that voice screaming in protest.

Later on that night, he watched as his "son" finally fall asleep and as he went to stroke the boy's hair, the bedroom opened. It was Lana. And he felt nothing, and he asked himself again, wasn't this what he happened?
"Come on Alex, we got a party to go to."
She whispered sweetly, as she grabbed his hand tightly. He let her led him out, he took one look back in the room and towards the boy. Wasn't this what he wanted?

Many things had happened in Lex's life, that had surprised him but nothing like this. Jonathan was actually trying to engage him in a conversation and was happy to be in the same room as him, without the aid of a shoot gun. And after that moment he let himself get in the party mood, this wasn't actually real. He knew that, he wasn't going to let himself think otherwise. This huge christmas party, being married and having a family with Lana. None of it was real. But the real world held nothing for him, there was no family, no one wanting to be even near him. This may be a pipe dream, but it held more for him than the real world.
"I really wish those two would get together."
Lana whispered in his ear, after she made a circuit around the room. He looked up to see who she was talking about. It was Chloe and Clark, it had to be, didn't it. It made sense, he wanted to be with Lana and the only way for that to be was for Clark to be with someone else. Who happened to be Chloe, who was looking directly at him.

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living after we die

Lex recognized the anguish on her face instantly, ignoring Lana he let himself focus competely on Chloe. He held his gaze for a little too long, as Chloe pulled her eyes away and quickly left the room, heading towards the kitchen.

None of these was making sense to Lex anymore, it didn't to begin with but it was getting in worse. He quietly stood in the door way of the kitchen, as he followed Chloe. Her huddled form, trying to hide between the large cabinets.
"Don't do these."
Her voice breaking the silence of the room. He didn't make sense of the room, so he let himself further into the room.
"Do what?"
he asked calmly, as he stopped by the dining table. She didn't turn around, instead pushed herself further as her arms went tightly around her waist.
"Don't play these game with me Lex, we've been through it to many times for you to start messing around."
Her words so bitter, as she finally looked at him. Her blonde hair falling across her face, as she tried to remove it from her eyes. For some strange reason, he just wanted to yank them out, the hair extensions. It looked awful on her, he remembered what it was like two years ago it wasn't too short or too long. Just perfect for him to run his fingers through.
"Lex, are you even listening? Forget it, I'm leaving I shouldn't even be here. I'm more stupid than I thought."
Before she walked out of the door though, he grabbed her.

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

The second he touched, and all the voices inside of him protesting against this world, suddenly stopped.
"Where did we go wrong?"
He didn't know where the words came from, they quickly slipped from his lips as his fingers dug into the flesh of her arms.
"While, isn't that a question, I could answer that in so many ways. There's only one real answer though, guess I wasn't what you wanted."
Chloe uttered quietly, as he slowly pulled himself away from her. There was so many questions to ask, but at that moment he knew there wasn't going to be enough time to go through.
"I may not be what you want, but I wanted to be what you needed. I love you Lex."
And that was it, there was no big fight or screaming between the two of them. She walked out on those words, leaving him wondering; was this world what he really wanted.

To Be Continued ....

Ann
9th December 2005, 06:47
Great start! Can't wait to see where this goes. :)

planetcal
9th December 2005, 10:06
Yes very nice start. I can't wait to read more of the story! please come back and update soon!!

Krysia
9th December 2005, 10:08
Powerfull begining. It made me think of a quote I heard about how when Gods make our wishes come true when they want to punish us. I can't wait to see where you go with this story.

Augustine86
9th December 2005, 21:06
Oh, NO! You go back and let the magic of Chlex bind them together in sweet fluffiness and bits of smut! NOW!!!!!!

Errr... Please?

welshy
9th December 2005, 21:31
Author: Welshy
Title: Tis the season
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Something happens in Lex's dream world, that even he didn't expect.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, not the characters of Smallville not the song "Wild Horses" by Alicia Keys, which she doesn't even own
Note: I've spent about five minutes writing this story, so I'm going to go over it again later.Thats after I get the thought of Lex and her :eek: out of my head. And I'll also write up the characters up properly, Lex is coming off wrong to me And I know the song doesn't fit, but the moment I heard it I knew that if I was ever going to write a fic on the "Lexmas" episode I would have to put this song in it

It had been two days since he woke up, and he was at the moment resting in the hospital. Everything was back to normal, except for that confusing feel that he brought back with him. Chloe. Nothing more and nothing else, she was all he could think about since he woke up. So many questions going through his mind, he wasn't there long enough to know what really happened between the two of them. He came up with many speculations, but none of them rang true. He looked around the plush hospital room, as he pulled himself into sitting position. He was sent to Metropolis to be treated, they didn't have the space to have him cared for in Smallville. But seeing as it was his father, Lionel who sorted out his hospital treated, he wasn't the least surprised.

Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady you know who I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

Two days since Christmas passed and she still was in possession of the present. Christmas certainly wasn't what Chloe expected, especially when she actually meet Father Christmas himself. She slowly looked back at the package in front of her. He wanted to her give it him, told her to. She told the joyful man that she couldn't do it, but he wouldn't listen. And now here she was sitting in Metropolis hospital, guilt eating away at her. As she treated not to think about Lex being alone over Christmas. She spent to much time over the last year or so, hating him for what happened in the summer. Ruining something that could have been so wonderful between the two of them, the moment she came out of hiding it all came crashing down and he walked away. And she just let him slip through her fingers. Her unrequited feelings for Clark, were much more easier to deal with than watching Lex attend to Lana's every beck and need. Barely even looking in her direction, apart of her knew she was also to blame for these. She could have tried to keep in contact with him, but after everything that happened it was so much easier to play pretend and try and go back to how things were. So when she noticed Lex fixation his affects towards Lana, it was only too easy to play pretend and let herself believe she still had feelings for Clark.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away

She'd been sitting in the hallway for the last hour, trying to get the courage to go over to the nurse's desk. She didn't even know if Lex was accepting visitors, she couldn't really say she was wife as everyone who followed the press knew that Lex wasn't even close to wedlock. Chloe finally pulled herself out of her thoughts, and went to head over to the desk but before she could her phone starting ringing.

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

"Hiya sweety, I thought I'd just let you know that I'm heading home."
Her father's gruff came out from the other end of the phone, she'd never been so glad to hear from someone.
"I can't wait for you to get here dad."
The activities were finally creeping up on her, and her voice started cracking. Everything was pulling up on her lately, there was always something happening and all the pressure ended up on her shoulders.
"Honey, you ok?"
His voice filled with so much concern, she thought she'd start crying. She quickly rubbed her gloved hand across her eyes before looking up at the building in front of her. After being told she wasn't allowed to use the phone in the hospital, she made a quick exit.
"I'm fine dad, I just want ...."
"Sweety, I know you can cope will," Gabe gently interrupted. " But I think you should stop looking for what you want and try and find something you need."
Her father had been telling her those words so often, especially when it came to Clark.
"I don't know though dad, I just don't know."

Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away

It took her a good hour or two, before she pulled herself back together, and made way back into the hospital. And as she did she couldn't help but think about when she was last in one, which only seemed recently.
"I've come to take you home."
Those few words wouldn't leave her mind and seemed to haunt her daily, the relationship between her and Lex was in ruins as it was. But the moment he walked through the door and uttered those words, she knew it was going to change yet again. But to what, she had to yet to figure out.
"Excuse me miss, are you ok?"
A woman asked calmly, as she looked down at her. Chloe pushed back her thoughts and let a strained smile spread across her face.
"I'm here to visit someone."

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie

She was finally standing in front of his hospital room, package in her bag. She didn't want to be here, Chloe looked towards the nurses who were all looking at her and she ended up knocking on the door. A few seconds later, there was a reply.
"Come in."

Wild, wild horses, we'll ride them some day

Silence, it filled the room and she could feel herself suffocating on it. Neither one of them said a word, neither was ready to. She quickly placed the bag on the side and pulled out the package, placing it in front of him. She was ready to rush out, but he stopped her.
"Stay."
One simple word, yet it seemed to hold to much meaning behind it. Chloe looked over at him, and there was no emotion on his face to let her know how he was feeling. She could never read him though, he could her though. Lex just had to look at her to know how she was feeling, which was what put them in these mess in the first place. One night of feeling so insecure, one night of just wanting to be with someone and it all ended in the worst possible. He used her to help him deal with his demons, but in a way she also used him. For comfort for pleasure, and yet she dumped all the guilt and the responsibility of his shoulders. Didn't even try and think of it in any other way, it was Lex's fault and that was all that mattered. It made everything simple, he was a bad guy and he did horrible things but she did as well.

He knew what she was thinking, because he was as well. He could see it all over her face, she was breaking in front of him.
"Is this for me?"
He asked her with a formal tone, as he lifted the package and took a proper look at her. Gold rapping, no tacky rippon which people usually rapped the presents in. It was light in his hands and it almost felt empty.
"Don't worry its not a bomb."
Chloe uttered, trying to make light of the situation even though she looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here.
"Its not from me either, someone told me to give it to you."
He looked at her with confusion as she told him this, some complete stranger wanted to pass something along to him and she did it without question.
"Its not what you think."
She uttered quickly, as if she knew what he was thinking. She was getting good at that lately, the only person apart from her who could read him was his father.
"Than what is it?"
He finally asked, as the curiousity was starting to eat at him and he was tempted to open it. The blonde just shrugged her shoulders though, so he placed it down in front of himself and started to pull at the rapping. Which he pushed to one side and pulled open the box. There was nothing. The box was empty. He was about to throw the box to one side, when he noticed something. There was a thin piece of paper inside, and before he could even look at what was written on it. The words were forming in his mind.

"People are always searching for what they want in life, but if they just stopped and attention to what was actually going on around them. They'd realise that what they want, is actually want they need and what they need is right in front of them."

As the words finally faded away, he looked down to see Chloe's hand gripped tightly around his.
"You ok?"
She asked softly, so unsure on whether or not she should have asked him but the grip she had on his hand tighten as he let go of what he was carrying. He uttered no words to her, no reassure or comfort. Neither one of them needed that right now and wasn't going to. It was two days since Christmas passed but laying in that hospital, and Chloe by his side. He realised that what he thought he wanted wasn't so and what he needed, he was just given.

hfce
9th December 2005, 22:10
Oh that was great. :wub:

Hope :)

Blackberry
10th December 2005, 08:35
aww... that's awesome... I like your take of the episode~~ :) great job.

starmoon
12th December 2005, 21:54
that was great and i whish that it would of really ended that was it a much better ending.

Ann
12th December 2005, 22:26
Very good ending! I loved it. :)

Gaia
12th December 2005, 22:29
Why..why..why can't the producers finally figure out that this would be the perfect storyline? No they have to but Le...Le..LEXANA(can't believe I jsut said that) into the world.

And this was sooooo beautiful:D

teb85
14th December 2005, 02:48
That was brilliant, if only the episode really ended like that !! Very well written I loved it !!

pipersmum
14th December 2005, 13:52
God I love that song I have it by The Sundays it was used in Buffy wasn't it the one where she dances with angel at the prom. Anyway just love this story very fitting with the song if only the writers of smallville could read this they would know where they are going wrong!!

musicangel585
14th December 2005, 14:28
This was such a better ending and take on the Lexmas episode. Chlex has way more depth and chemistry then Lexana ever would. :grin3: Plus it doesn't take a genious to see that Lex needs someone with inteligence and spunk and those are definitely not two characteristics that Lana has.

petoonya
18th December 2005, 17:50
Awwww what a great fic. I love the Chlex. Such a better version of Lexmas than the icky one that was on television. Great song to by the way. One of my favorites. I really liked the quote about what we need versus what we want. It would be nice if someone in my life realized that instead of the choice he made, but I digress. Great fic :-D