PDA

View Full Version : Puppets 1/1 Pg 15 (Completed)

Joy
30th May 2003, 13:56
Standard Disclaimers Apply.

Spoliers: Season two... Witness. A note: I don't know yet, and I don't care about Helen Bryce. Whatever happens in season two to her, I really don't know. Because I want Chloe and Lex to end up together, for this fic, Dr. Bryce dumps Lex and moves far, far away....

Puppets 1/1
By: Joy

"Miss Sullivan?"

Chloe turned around in surprise to see Lex Luthor walking inside the brand new Torch office. She gave him a small smile before closing the document on her computer.

"Mr Luthor."

"Shouldn't you be at the Talon?" He asked, immediately regretting his question at the slight scowl on her face.

"No, not really." She replied, motioning for Lex to take a seat.

Lex took the seat, and looked around the office. "I'm assuming you're pleased with what my father has done to the Torch."

At his statement, Chloe's eyes narrowed slightly before nodding, now watching Lex carefully. "Yes. I am."

"My father never gives without taking, Miss Sullivan."

Chloe tucked a strand of hair behind her ears as she looked at Lex. "I'm aware of that. Is that why you're here?"

"You could have asked me for help."

"I'd rather not." Chloe rolled her eyes. "However, I know that there are things that I would need help with, and rebuilding the Torch is one of them. Your father didn't exactly offer. He just went and donated the money for the Torch."

"You should watch your back, Miss Sullivan. You don't know what my father wants, what he could do to you."

"Maybe it's your father that should watch his back, I'm not naïve, Mr. Luthor."

Lex looked at Chloe straight in the eye. "Don't trust him, whatever he tells you, don't trust him."

Chloe sighed. She was getting tired of this. "Does it really bother you that much that I may become your step mother?"

Lex stood frozen as he watched Chloe's serious expression, which suddenly turned mischievous when she started laughing. "You should have seen your face!"

When Lex remained standing, Chloe started to get worried. "It was just a joke!"

"That wasn't funny..."

"But that was what you were warning me about. You think that your father will actually even think of..."

Lex cut her off. "Like I said, you don't know what my father is capable of, Chloe."

Chloe stood up. "So now it's Chloe. What happened to Miss Sullivan?"

"The formality is getting a bit tiring, especially after that joke you pulled."

Chloe crossed her arms across her chest. "I know what I'm getting into, Lex…"

The older man said nothing at Chloe's use of his name and simply smiled. "Somehow, I don't think you do."

There was something in his eyes that made Chloe shiver, but she pushed it down. "I still have work to do, so if you don't mind..."

"What exactly does my father want with you?"

Chloe sat again before answering Lex. "It's really none of your business."

Lex sat back again, and pulled his chair closer to Chloe's. "I think it is."

She could smell his cologne, and her cousin's voice filled her head, when she explained the whole attraction to someone you've always known, someone you think was attractive, but was just another guy, then out of nowhere... boom!

His face was so close, and Chloe found herself seeing Lex, almost as if for the first time. His eyes, challenging her to back away, and those lips...

Lex on the other hand, was enjoying the close proximity. Her eyes were locked with his, and only a very, very, few people could do the same without flinching. Her perfume was nothing like he'd smelled before. He moved closer, intending to intimidate Chloe to tell him what his father was up to.

"It's none of your business." Chloe repeated, and Lex watched her lips move, wondering what it would take to break Chloe Sullivan's defenses down. "Is there anything else you'd like?"

A smirk formed on his lips as he moved closer. "Perhaps we should talk about it over lunch tomorrow."

Chloe smiled and didn't move away. "I'd love to, but I'm already having one with your dad."

If Lex was surprised, he didn't show it. "This thing, whatever it is that's going on between you and my father, it's not a g ame you can win."

"Just because you can't win against your dad, Lex... doesn't mean that I can't either."

"Men twice your age and three times wiser than you have fallen. What makes you think whatever you plan is going to work.

Chloe smiled and moved even closer to Lex. "That's for me to know, and you to find out."

They were so close, yet Lex couldn't see or sense even the smallest of fear or doubt in Chloe. "That's what I intend to do, Chloe. I intend to find out exactly what you could possibly want with my father."

"I like to keeps my friends close,"

"And my enemies closer." Lex finished as he stood up. "You should know, it's too late for you to back off…"

"What's is it to you? Why do you care?" Chloe asked, and Lex smirked as he leaned towards her, placing his hands on the desk behind her, and between his arms.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." He replied, and Chloe laughed.

"We should really stop with all these quotes."

His lips almost brushed against hers. "That's what makes our verbal judo more interesting," Before they could do anything else, a phone rang. Lex moved away from Chloe and left his card on the table while Chloe picked up the phone.

"Dad!"

Lex left, leaving Chloe to talk to her father. But before he walked out, he looked back at Chloe, who met his gaze. She nodded and he left, both aknowledging that they have started something that needed an ending.

In an office in Metropolis, Lionel Luthor watched the scene before him. He chuckled as he Lex left the view of the camera. "Let the games begin."

End fic

scifichick774
30th May 2003, 15:10
Loved this fic when I read it on TBT. So glad you posted it here. Although, that's hardly a place to end it. Again, I demand a sequel - or a continuation - or something.

roslyn
30th May 2003, 23:01
i'm sorry, i think you made a typo...at the end you wrote 'the end' i think you meant TBC... :biggrin:

now, sit back down and write that sequel because i really really really really need one. this was really (times 4) good. :yay: :yay:

ok, i'll leave you too it.

:wub: Roslyn

tiff
30th May 2003, 23:51
What?! That's not an end! There's unresolved sexual tension to be RESOLVED! And...and...and...mischief to be mischiefed! So I just woke up.... :huh: Please...write a sequel....pleeeaseee :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

lexpixie
31st May 2003, 00:20
i agree with every one else ...there should be a sequel!!!please! :chlexsign4: http://www.michaelrosenbaum.com/images/pic316_lg.jpg

bluemoongirl23
31st May 2003, 05:54
You are aware that you HAVE to write more, right? Cause, yeah, I demand it. Like, now would be good.

Blue

Sway
31st May 2003, 15:17
no honey, no. see, when you say 'let the games begin' you have to let them. you can't go upsetting us all bye saying the end. its like... having chocolate cake in a glass display - wrong.

so, please... sequel??? this was too great to go without one!!

Sunny
1st June 2003, 16:33
I agree with the others!!! You can't stop here!!
I want more!!!!
So, please, continue! :wub:

:chlexsign3:

Impress
10th June 2003, 06:13
I just wanted to add my vote to those wanting a sequel.
So when should we expect it? :biggrin:

Sunflow
10th June 2003, 13:46
Are we protesting? Do we demand a sequel, long *not PG-15* sequel?
Where do I sign?

You. Simply. Must. Write. What. Happens. Next.
No other option, sorry ;P

Sunflow

Zealot
13th June 2003, 07:36
Hey, this is not a short story, it's a first chapter!

kidkarmina
29th June 2003, 03:25
Sorry Joy, but I agree with everyone here. This is just too good to end here. By the way, in case you have not realized, this fic rocks :worship2: :worship2: !!

Who knows maybe SV's writers will take a peek @ n-s, read all these wonderful stories here and get a clue. One can only hope!

hhl100
31st July 2003, 15:35
Originally posted by lexpixie@May 31 2003, 12:20 AM
i agree with every one else ...there should be a sequel!!!please! :chlexsign4: http://www.michaelrosenbaum.com/images/pic316_lg.jpg
i agree with every one there should be more

Brittany
1st August 2003, 05:56
I agree with all of the above, you really can't just leave us all hanging like that, it's just wrong! It'd be a shame to start something so wonderful & not finish it . So start writing, fast! :biggrin:

Val
8th August 2003, 06:34
But before he walked out, he looked back at Chloe, who met his gaze. She nodded and he left, both aknowledging that they have started something that needed an ending.

SEE? Even they know that was just the start! :biggrin:
A sequel? Pleaseeeee? :yay2:

autumngold
10th November 2003, 19:30
That can't be the end? Please! I think you definitely must write a sequel! :biggrin: This story is excellent! Does Chloe know that Lionel can see everything that happens in her office? Please, please post more!! :chlexsign1:

Hekate
11th November 2003, 01:46
I loved the tension and 'verbal judo' between the two; excellently written. Have to agree with everyone else though, this was a beginning not an ending. :biggrin:

Susie Q
11th November 2003, 02:08
Uh Oh, Joy. Looks like you've started something. There's now a mob outside your door http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Demonstration.gif demanding a continuation of this story and we have no intention of leaving until you give us what we want :chlexsign3:

WolviesLover
13th November 2003, 04:57
Ooo, must have more!

happy bunny
15th November 2003, 22:47
Ooh... I love it! Great story!! Really really like it! *toddles off to read sequel*

SinnerSaint
16th November 2003, 04:29
See , what we are all trying to say is that you need to write another story . A much longer and smuttier story . If you do this we will worship you and give you things made of chocolate.

Ainur
31st October 2004, 02:06
Nicely written! Liked it a lot! Lionel Luthor is creepy. I love him. Lex was very sexy. Great job!!

starmoon
29th April 2005, 07:15
that was great but please write a sequel.

arkakitty
4th August 2005, 08:53
Great one. Loved it :)

Cho_Hakkai
9th August 2005, 02:47
In an office in Metropolis, Lionel Luthor watched the scene before him. He chuckled as he Lex left the view of the camera. "Let the games begin."

I love that ending! Lionel would do something like that!

-Cho

kirt30
1st September 2005, 23:00
this was a nice fic to read

Augustine86
2nd September 2005, 00:09
The Point in Unresolved Sexual Tension is: We have it onm the show, we want it resolved on the fic. That means that even though I have a cold I smell a sequel!!! Don't I?

Really... Don't I?