PDA

View Full Version : So close, yet so far away(R) Complete

Sandy
19th November 2005, 04:08
Title: So close, yet so far away
Summary: Chloe and Lois dig up some dirt on Lex to ruin his campaign. Chloe is realizing that there is a lot more to Lex Luthor, then she realizes. I don’t want to give too much away.
Rating: R (strong violence)
Pairing: Chlex/Chruce
Disclaimers: I do not own Smallville
Time setting: This takes place after “Solitude”
Spoilers: Solitude
Genre: Angst/Drama
Warning: Character death

Chapter One: Fatal kiss

Chloe and Lois were in the basement of The Daily Planet chatting away about Lex, and his campaign. Lois hated the fact that Lex could just buy off anyone he wanted. That annoyed her so much, that she kept begging Chloe to help her dig up some dirt on the billionaire.

“What do you expect me to do Lois? Just waltz up to him and ask ‘Oh Hi Lex. I was wondering if you would supply me with some dirt from your past, so we can ruin your campaign.’ Sorry Lois.” Chloe waved her hand in front of Lois motioning that she did not want in on her little scheme. Lois frowned, and gave Chloe “the lip”. Chloe looked at Lois and looked away.
“Oh, not the lip.” Chloe groaned. Chloe was putting away some of her files in her desk drawer. Lois wasn’t one to shoo away. She kept persisting that her cousin help her dig up some dirt, on this banana loving blueberry maniac.
“Please Chloe! You’re the only one who knows a lot more about Lex’s past then anyone else!” Chloe stopped working and held her file in her hand, and looked at her cousin.
“I’m not the only one who knows more.” Chloe looked at Lois with her eyes, then continued to work like it was nothing. Lois was intrigued. She crossed her arms around her stomach, and looked at her cousin.
“Well little missy, I see we’ve been spending way too much time snooping over the past 4 years. Care to share?” Lois asked. She was leaning on a desk beside Chloe’s. Chloe smiled and put her last folder away. Being a reporter now, she had many files.
“Clark Kent. You know he saved Lex’s life 4 years ago.” Lois was very intrigued.
“And Clark never told me this because?” Lois asked a bit annoyed of the fact that Clark would neglect to tell her. Chloe shrugged her shoulders.
“That boy must have a ton of secrets on Lex Luthor. I wonder if he would care to share?” Lois was beginning to scheme in her mind, how to get Clark to talk.
“There must be another alternative suggestion.” Chloe suggested like she had an idea, which she did. She had that evil grin on her face.
“I know that look. You looked at me like that every time you had a plan to get our way, when we would try to sneak off. What is it Ms. Reporter?” Lois asked.
“I think we should check out Lex’s mansion for anything.” She still had that evil grin on her face. Lois was shocked but still intrigued.
“Breaking and entering? You must be a pro at it by now. You did sneak into his plant remember?” Lois shifted in her spot to get comfortable. Chloe nodded her head.
“Yeah I remember.”
“This time, let’s not get caught ok?” Lois patted Chloe’s back.

Later that night about 10 o’clock Chloe and Lois were able to get a time with Lex to “chat”.

“Do you remember what to do?” Lois nodded her head.
“I don’t see why you have to be the distraction.” Lois complained as they walked to Lex’s office. Chloe sighed annoyingly.
“I know Lex Lois. I can handle him.” I hope. Chloe thought. Before they got to the office, Lois scampered off to do some digging. Chloe open the doors and sighed deeply as she looked around. It was still the same. It was like walking into the past. Somehow it all seemed a bit darker. There he was. Sitting at his desk. Lex looked tired which he was. He wasn’t in the mood to meddle with a teenager.

“When I heard that Chloe Sullivan was at the front gate I was intrigued. What brings you to Smallville Chloe? Or should I say Ms. Reporter?” Lex said as he got up to great her. They shook hands. Lex looked at her and he thought she looked gorgeous then ever. Chloe thought the same only about Lex. What am I doing? Chloe thought anxiously.
“I was wondering if I could interview you for The Daily Planet. I’m sure our readers will want to know what you plan to do.” Chloe lied. Lex smirked and went to go sit back at his desk.
“When I see a real reporter I’ll let them know.” Lex waited for a second, grinned and looked at Chloe. Anger was rising rapidly within her. Lex was feeling pretty good about himself.
“‘Luthor makes rude comment to Daily Planet reporter’. I like that headline, what do you think?” Lex was beginning to feel angry.
“Is that a threat Ms. Sullivan?” Lex asked rising up off his chair to stoop over her. Chloe was feeling nervous, which she never was around Lex, but this was different some how.
“If the shoe fits.” Lex was an inch away from Chloe. A single sweat bead poured down her cheek. Chloe heard foot steps running at a rapid pace. Lois! Chloe quickly thought. A distraction. She need a distraction. What was she to do? Lex looked to the doors quickly. He almost got away from her, but Chloe kissed him. Lex was stunned. What the hell? Lex thought. He didn’t mind the kiss one bit, but he wanted to know what was going on. Chloe and Lex heard a scream that sounded awfully familiar like Lois’. Chloe moved Lex to the door’s view so she could peek. They were still in a lip lock, and Chloe acted like she was making out with Lex, when the door open. There Davis was with Lois. He cleared his throat. Lex broke away from Chloe. Lex looked at Chloe shocked, then he quickly composed himself. Wow, an expression. You don’t see that everyday. Chloe quickly thought.

“What are you doing making out with him?” Lois snapped as she jerked her hands away from Davis’ grip.
“Davis, let her go.” Lex said and looked Chloe deep in the eyes. They felt like they were burning her. Chloe felt strangely on the spot light. She was more nervous then ever.
“We just had a misunderstanding. Didn’t we?” He pauses. “Ms. Sullivan?” Lex said bitterly. Chloe sheepishly glanced at the floor, and picked at her fingers. Davis nodded his head and walked out of the scene. Lois was still shocked at her cousins behavior, towards there victim.

“What were you really doing here Chloe?” Lex asked even more bitter then he was before. Lois spoke before Chloe could get a chance.
“I was looking for some banana blueberry. We ran out at the Talon.” Lois grinned at Lex, and Lex smirked, then chuckled. Lex looked at his watch.
“It’s 10 o’clock. The Talon closes at 9 if I’m not mistaken.” Lois walked up to Lex swaying as she walked, like she didn’t give a damn.
“Oh? Well maybe I’ll just change the time out front. Mr. Luthor.” They were an inch apart from face to face.
“Lois, would you please wait outside? I need to talk to Ms. Sullivan.” He pauses and looks at Chloe. “Alone.” Chloe felt afraid all of a sudden.
“Nice going.” Lois whispered to Chloe on her way out. Chloe regained her cool.

“Alright Lex, we’re a lone. What’d you wanna talk about?” Chloe wanted to get away from him, and as soon as possible.
“You must’ve come here for some reason Chloe. I hope that you would tell me.” Lex was looking at her deep in the eyes again; studying them for a possible lie. Anything just so he could know the truth. Chloe was feeling a bit hot all of a sudden. She backed away from his closeness. It was making her uncomfortable. Then again she did kiss him.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Chloe’s voice was a little shaky. She did her best to hide it, but it was no use.
“I have to go.” She could feel his eyes burning her skin as she walked to the door.

“If you take one step out that door, you won’t have a job at The Daily Planet.” Chloe’s hand stopped on the door knob. “@*$#!” Chloe thought and turned around to look at Lex. Her hand was still on the door knob. Lex began approaching her. Sweat was beginning to pour down her face. She could feel it.
“There’s one thing that can keep me from making that call.” Lex threaten. His voice was dark, and scary. Chloe refrained from looking at him. She was scared. Lex put his hand on her shoulder, and lightly stroked it.
“I’m not sleeping with you.” Chloe’s voice was low and a bit trembled. Lex smirked.
“That’s not what I meant. You know something about Clark. I won’t let you go until you tell me what you know about him.” Lex began and during his sentence he walked away from Chloe, and turned his back on her. A few pauses and he turns around with an evil smile on his face.
“Well?” Chloe gulped and gripped the door knob harder.

To be continued

Donutte
19th November 2005, 04:45
She kept persisting that her cousin help her dig up some dirt, on this banana loving blueberry maniac.

:rofl: Most definitely my favorite line!!! Of course I have a bad mind, lol...

Very interesting start to the story... I like it!!! I like how you continued a "break-in" story; it's awesome! I look forward to the next chapter...

Just a friendly bit of advice: Try to make sure the spaces show up between the paragraphs; makes for easier reading :) Especially for tired eyes like mine, lol...

Really, though, I liked the story, and can't wait for the next chapter!!

Do'

gecko
19th November 2005, 14:15
interesting, cant' wait to see how chloe get's out of this

Sandy
20th November 2005, 06:04
Sometimes I just can't wait to post the next chapter! Here you go! Chapter two is here!!!!!

Chapter Two: Jobless/Sleeping with the enemy
Spoilers: Thirst
Chloe has never felt this nervous before in her life. She was more nervous then when she had an interview for The Daily Planet. She could feel her face drenching in sweat. Why did he have to be so gorgeous? If he wasn’t so gorgeous, she would take him down right now, but words failed her. Her mouth was dry.

“I don’t know what your talking about.” Chloe’s hand was shaking on the door knob. If he wasn’t so gorgeous…. Lex smiled. He knew that she was lying. That was all he needed from her. Lex cupped both of her cheeks with his hands, and gave her a smile. He began stroking her cheeks with his thumbs. Chloe was melting in his hands. He was doing this on purpose.
“Thank you.” Chloe’s eyes looked at his hand, then back at his face ever so slightly.
Chloe was confused. What was wrong with her? She was used to taking him down, but something was different about him. Maybe after all these years she was finally falling for him. This could get complicated. Chloe and Lex stared at each other like they wanted to kiss. Chloe licked her dry lips. Why, why, why? Chloe thought. Lex never let go of her face. Her face began to get warm from his hands. They were so soft and gentle.
“What for?” Chloe’s voice trembled. Lex smirked and let go of her face, and pulled her close to his chest. Chloe leaned on his chest, and took in his touch. Her eyes were wide with fear.

“You know, you don’t have to do this. We can pretend that this isn’t happening.” Lex whispered as he began brushing her hair. Chloe was breathing in his cologne. It smelled gorgeous. Why did he have to smell so good? Why did he have to bring her down?
“I’m not sleeping with you.” Lex pulled Chloe apart but truth be told, Chloe did not want to let go. He cupped her cheek again, and stroked them with his thumbs. He looked at her from side to side with his eyes.
“You’ve grown so beautifully over the years Chloe. You’re a very bright,” He kissed her right cheek. “young,” another kiss on her left cheek. “talented” another kiss on her forehead. “women.” He stopped and stared at her before he went for her lips. Their lips met and Chloe felt like she was high on cloud nine. She would regret this in the morning…

The next morning Chloe woke up beside Lex at about 5:45. He was still asleep. She was happy for a complete second, then realized what she did. She had to get away and fast. Chloe quickly changed. Before she left, she took one last look at the sleeping billionaire, who she was trying to take down.

“I’ve always loved you.” Chloe whispered to herself. A tear slid down her cheek. She walked out on him wishing she could just run into his arms again. Lois would hate her for sure, but she did not have to tell her. She did not have to tell anyone. If only Lex would keep this silent as well.

Lex’s eyes popped open as soon as Chloe got out of the mansion. He looked to his left, and saw the space beside him was empty. He sighed.

“I’ve always loved you too.” Lex rubbed Chloe’s spot where she lay.
“I’m sorry Chloe…”

Chloe felt a little nervous when she was at work that day. She also felt dirty. She felt dirty from sleeping with the enemy. She kept thinking that Lois was going to ask. I never took Lois home! Crap! She’s going to know something! Chloe was worried now and she bit her finger nail.

“Where were you Chloe? I waited forever, and I didn’t know whether to just drive home or not, so I left you.” Lois said worriedly as she walked up to her cousin. Chloe smirked.
“Well I,... I was doing some investigating.” Chloe quickly lied and continue to type gibberish on her computer. Lois didn’t buy it one bit.
“Then what’s this?” Lois flopped down today’s paper. “Daily Planet Reporter sneaks into billionaire’s mansion.”
“That kind of stuff can get you fired! What were you thinking Chloe!” Lois shouted aloud. Chloe thought that Lois was going to ask about the bad deed, but instead she got busted for breaking and entering.

“Yes, what were you thinking Ms. Sullivan?” The H.R person asked as she joined the conversation. She folded her arms across her chest. She did not look happy one bit. Her glare was deadly. Chloe was more nervous then she was last night.
“I’m sorry, I,” She was cut off.
“Ms. Sullivan, pack your things. You’re fired!” Chloe’s mouth dropped open and a little squeak came out of her mouth. Chloe quickly looked to Lois for help.

New York, Gothem: Wayne Tower.

Bruce Wayne adjusted The Daily Planet news paper, and noticed that his favorite columnist wasn’t in the news today.

“Where are you Ms. Sullivan?” Bruce asked himself. He was in his office at Wayne Tower. He got out of his chair, grabbed his coat and left.

“Barbra, I’m going to Metropolis.” Bruce said on his way out to his secretary.

Metropolis, Daily Planet Basement.
Chloe was enraged as she was packing her belongings. Her short lived career happen once again. How could he do this to me? He knows I love writing! Just because I slept with him, that doesn’t mean he can torment me!

“Look on the bright side coz, at least now you can concentrate on your studies.” Lois said sarcastically. Chloe wasn’t in the mood for sarcasm. She was in the mood for some Lex slapping. Chloe slammed a note book in her box, and glared at Lois.
“Lois!” Chloe yelled. Lois suddenly felt afraid.
“Whoa. Go easy on the caffeine ok?” Chloe sighed and waved her hand in the air. Chloe sighed.

“I just can’t believe this happen… again!” Chloe was stressed. Lois then remembered her short lived career.
“Ah, that’s right. Lex’s father had you fired right?” Lois said bringing back painful memories. Chloe had a worried expression on her face. She picked up her box of things, looked at her desk one last time.
“I’m going to kill him Lois.” Chloe was determined to bring Lex down after what he did to her.
“Well, at least you’ll have more time for your room mate.” Lois piped up. Chloe groaned, and started walking out.
“See ya later cuz, on the flip side.” Chloe left and Lois nodded her head.

“Don’t worry Chlo, you’ll get your job back. I promise.” Lois was beginning to scheme up a plan to get Chloe’s job back as she went back to work.

Chloe walked into her dorm room, and saw a strange man sitting at her desk chair. Chloe looked at him strangely. He was a handsome man, dark brown hair, brown eyes, a clean shaven face. Chloe couldn’t help but swoon a little. She set her box on the floor, and looked at him. He was breath taking. He would never replace how she felt about Lex. The strange man admired Chloe’s beauty. She was much prettier in person, then in that small picture in the news paper. He smiled at her.

“I’m sorry, Lana said that I could wait here. She went to run some errands. I’m Bruce Wayne.” Bruce said as he stuck out his hand to shake hers. Chloe accepted it. His grip was firm.
“I’m Chloe Sullivan.” Chloe couldn’t help but smile.
“I know who you are. I admire your writing Ms. Sullivan. You’re a very talented young women.” Chloe couldn’t help but have a hint of dejavu. Lex said the exact same words to her the previous night.
“Please, call me Chloe.”
“Chloe it is then. You may call me Bruce.” Chloe smiled and her head slanted a little to the side. She felt so giddy around him.
“Alright, Bruce. What brings you to Metropolis?” Chloe asked in a more sweeter tone. Bruce walked over to her window and looked out at the view.
“It appears that your column stopped appearing in The Daily Planet. I was wondering if I could help you get it back.” Bruce said and he turned to face her.
“Why would you wanna help me get my job back Bruce?” Chloe asked suspiciously as she walked over to him. Even he smelled good, and looked good.
“Because Chloe. I don’t think a talent like yours should be wasted.”
----------------
Does anyone know the name of the person who hired Chloe at the D.P?? It would be much appriciated! Thanks! I bet you didn't expect Bruce Wayne to appear huh??? Oh yeah, this is a chlex fic... no worries k? Thanks for the reviews. I'm off to watch Everybody Loves Raymond! Ha.... I might even watch SV.

LaLa
20th November 2005, 09:53
Princess Leia? no sorry, too easy lol seriously, I love this story! there's everything I need to spend a good time! 2 gorgeous men grrrr, chloe swooning, Lois bitching and complicated love triangle (that I smell for the near future)
so please, update soon! it seriously rock!

Donutte
20th November 2005, 11:45
(I know what you mean about posting the next chapter!!!)

I will have to read this when I get back home... GAWD I love angst, even the ones that make me cry... I soooo can't wait to read!!!

Do'

Ann
20th November 2005, 16:40
Great start! I can't wait to see how Chloe and Lex respond to each other now. :)

Sandy
20th November 2005, 21:06
Expect some surprises in future chaps. ;) This is going to be soooo good! Lot's of little plots.... Thanks for the feed back! The next chapter will come soon... :D It's mostly centered around the Chloe/Lex angst tho. I just like to through in little stuff. :)

Donutte
21st November 2005, 01:10
She was in the mood for some Lex slapping.

God, I loved that line, lol...

Very cool... And Bruce Wayne... And Chloe got fired again?

Please continue; I can't wait to read the next part :D

asharnanae
21st November 2005, 01:28
interesting. and Im all for storys that bring in the bat!!

I hope to see more soon!

:)

Sandy
21st November 2005, 04:00
Chapter Three: Too many complications

The city of Metropolis, a picture of Pete Ross on a side column at a news stand.

“Ross buys back Cream Corn Factory”

Peter Ross age 18 multi billionaire recently bought back the family factory. Here’s what he had to say.

“It was a tough negotiation, but after lots of talking Lionel Luthor threw in the towel, and the rest is history.” Ross said at a press conference. “I look forward to expanding the company.”

After Bruce left Chloe had a ton of questions on her mind about him. She even wondered if Lex knew him at all. Lex. She just couldn’t get the guy off her mind. The previous night was tormenting her thoughts. What if he releases this bit of info to the press? What if he had a camera in the room? There were so many questions. If Chloe never went to his mansion in the first place, this would’ve never happen. Lois burst in the door muttering something under her breath.

“What did the chief do now?” Chloe chuckled with a smile. Lois had a glare in her eyes.
“Of all people Chloe! Of all people!” Lois kept shouting as she went to stand by the window. She pressed her hand on her hip and stared out at the view. Chloe was curious.
“What is it Lois?” Lois turned to face Chloe. Chloe has never seen her eyes this wide before. Something must be up.
“The chief wants me to interview Lex Luthor!” Chloe’s eyes grew narrow with worry. Before she could say anything in walks Clark, holding a passed out Lana. Chloe turned around and put her hand on her head.

“What now?” Chloe whined. Clark was expressionless, but he was worried for his girlfriend.
“She passed out. I think it’s from lack of sleep.” Lois cleared her throat.
“Maybe you two were making too much noise.” Lois’s smile slid across her face. Clark looked annoyed. He set Lana on her bed.
“Clark, just out of curiosity how often do you, you know.” Chloe asked. Clark cleared his throat, and gave her a warning glare.
“Fine, forget I asked.” Chloe said putting her pen on her desk, and throwing her hands up in the air.

Pete Ross was putting the finishing touches on the release papers for his new factory. He was in Lionel Luthor’s office at Luthorcorp. He was feeling high on the stars today, when a familiar voice interrupted his happiness.

“So, you managed to buy back the cream corn factory hmm?” Lex said sounding a bit evil. Pete flinched. He still hated Lex after all these years. He turned around in his chair, and Lionel (or Jor-El rather) looked at his son.
“Mr. Luthor.” Pete said bitterly. He didn’t bother to throw him a greeting of any kind. Lex had a smile plastered on his face.
“Where did you get your money?” Pete sighed.
“If you haven’t noticed, I happen to be a star foot ball player for Kansas state.” Lex smacked his lips and said “Ah that’s right. I have read about you a few times. Nice work.. I admire your ambition to buy back what’s rightfully yours.” Pete thought Lex was sounding all too mocking.
“Lex that’s enough.” Lionel interrupted.
“It’s cool Mr. Luthor.” Pete handed Lionel the finished papers. On his way out he stopped a few feet in front of Lex, and glared at him for a second, then left.

“Chloe, before the chief gave me this assignment, she was going to give it to you.” Lois said. Chloe felt limp.
“Well, then I’m glad I got fired.” Chloe nodded her head, and continued on her studies.
“How did you get fired Chloe?” Clark asked.
“Lex put the blame on her for breaking and entering. But that couldn’t be it because you never came home.” Lois gave her famous glare. Chloe felt a lump in her throat.
“You never came home? What did you do over there all night Chloe?” Clark asked. Clark and Lois were both anxious for their friends response.
“It was nothing.”
“Don’t give me that Chloe Sullivan. I don’t think you were up all night playing cowboys and Indians. Now what was it?” Chloe was stunned. She couldn’t tell them that she slept with the enemy.
“I slept with him.” Chloe jumbled the words together so you couldn’t hear her that well. Clark used his super hearing and caught the message. He was shocked. His mouth dropped open.
“Can you run that by me again I couldn’t quite hear it well.” Lois said quickly then looked at Clark, who looked like he was out of it.

“What? Don’t tell me she…” Clark nodded his head. Lois was enraged.
“You slept with the enemy!” Lois shouted a little too loudly.
“Shhh! Not so loud!” Chloe complained and looked at the sleeping Lana to make sure that she was asleep.
“Clark.” Lana moaned and turned over and smacked her lips. Clark quickly whirled his head around to her.

“Chloe, how could you do that? What were you thinking!” Lois was acting hysterical.
“It’s complicated.”
“You’re not pregnant are you?” Lois asked hoping she wasn’t. That would cause too much trouble if she got pregnant.
“No Lois. If I miss my period I would know. I couldn’t help it. He had me in a lock.” Lois’ eyes went narrow.
“What kind of lock?”
“I’m in love with him.” Lois felt like fainting.
“Too many complications.” Lois said as she stumbled her way to the door with her hand on her forehead, and left.
-----------------
I told you there would be more surprises! I couldn't wait to post again. Hehe.

pipersmum
21st November 2005, 04:31
Just started this and what i have read so far is fantastic and the added bonus of Bruce Wayne:yeahbaby:

“I’ve always loved you.” Chloe whispered to herself. A tear slid down her cheek. She walked out on him wishing she could just run into his arms again. Lois would hate her for sure, but she did not have to tell her. She did not have to tell anyone. If only Lex would keep this silent as well.

Lex’s eyes popped open as soon as Chloe got out of the mansion. He looked to his left, and saw the space beside him was empty. He sighed.

“I’ve always loved you too.” Lex rubbed Chloe’s spot where she lay.
“I’m sorry Chloe…”

I loved this part but why get Chloe fired after saying he loves her?

I couldn’t help it. He had me in a lock.” Lois’ eyes went narrow.
“What kind of lock?”
“I’m in love with him.” Lois felt like fainting.

Really enjoying this looking forward to more:D
Is there going to be any jealousy for Lex over Bruce and Chloe????

Donutte
21st November 2005, 16:24
Interesting... So, how the heck did Pete Ross get money for playing college football (maybe I just know nothing about football, lol)? I'm thinkin' it was Bruce Wayne that had to do with it myself...

Great chapter!

starmoon
21st November 2005, 20:38
very interesting story so far and i am very mad at lex for getting chloe fired. i wonder if anything will happen between chloe and bruce. please update soon i can't wait for more.

Sandy
23rd November 2005, 01:51
Chapter Four: You’re mine, not his!
A/n: I thought I might warn you of Lex’s anger towards Chloe in this chapter.

When everybody left Chloe alone she went back to her trigonometry homework. It was a pain in the butt. She normally would have Clark help her, but he was out on a date with Lana for loss of time. Chloe gave a sigh of frustration, and scratched her head. She stared at the numbers blankly. Her tummy growled indicating that it was time for dinner. Chloe looked at her watch, then sighed again. There was a knock on the door. Chloe groaned and went to answer it.

“Who is it?” She said before opening the door.
“Chris Cringle.” A deep voice said. Chloe didn’t by it one bit and recognized the voice right away.
“Nice try Lex. What do you want?”
“To talk if that’s alright with you.” Chloe was tempted to shoo him away but she was bored stiff. Despite her homework.
“Fine.” She open the door to let him in. Lex had a smile on his face which Chloe adored but hid her emotions towards him. He was in his usual attire.
“How many pictures did they take this time? I bet your face is stiff.” Lex chuckled a bit and handed her a cup of coffee.
“I brought you coffee.” Chloe glared at him then gave a sly smile. She snatched the coffee out of his hand, and he smiled back. Chloe took a sip. It was her favorite. A non fat latte.

“You remembered.” Chloe said sweetly and set the coffee on her desk, and went to sit in her chair. Lex went to sit on the bed, since there were no other chairs in the room.
“I never forget Chloe. What are you doing?” Lex said as he came over to stand over her.
“Trigonometry. It’s hell.”
“I bet. Do you need any help?” Lex asked and placed his hands on her shoulders, lightly massaging them. Chloe went into alert mode, and stopped him. She placed her hands over his taking in his touch for a brief second, then she removed them from her shoulders.
“I thought you wanted to talk.” She said above a whisper. Lex smiled again, and knelt beside her, for eye level.
“You look stressed. Why don’t I take you out for a nice dinner?” Chloe’s heart started pounding. It was tempting to her. Just then her phone rings. Chloe picks it up and looks at the caller I.D UNKOWN CALLER.

“Hello?” Chloe said as she got up to sit on the bed.
“Hi Chloe, it’s Bruce. I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me.” Chloe’s heart about stopped. She was stunned. She looked at Lex who looked back at her. Lex was sitting in her chair.
“Sure Bruce. I’d love to go to dinner with you. Where should I meet you?”

“Bruce Wayne? Of Wayne Enterprise?!” Lex asked interrupting her phone call.

“Yes now please shush.”
“Excuse me?” Bruce asked a bit confused.
“Not you Bruce.”
“There’s a restaurant next to the school.”
“Oh yeah I’ve heard of it. I’ll be there in a few.”
“Great. I’ll be going right now.”
“Bye Bruce.”
“Bye Chloe.” They both hung up. Chloe was in a whole other world. Chloe gave Lex a jealous smile.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have a date with Bruce Wayne.” Chloe said as she grabbed her coat, and left Lex all alone. Lex was angry of course…. Jealous, enraged, furious. Vengeance came to mind. He had a plan up his sleeve.

Chloe met Bruce at the restaurant. She didn’t bother dressing up, or putting on extra make up. Bruce waited in the lobby area for Chloe. He spotted her and waved his hand.

“Hey Chloe.”
“Hi Bruce.”
“It’s nice to see you again.” Bruce said with a smile. Chloe felt different around him. She felt special and appreciated. Bruce couldn’t help but smile at Chloe. He thought she was so beautiful. The two got a table by a window and sat down to chat.

“So Chloe, tell me about yourself.” Bruce began as he folded his hands on the table. Chloe began gabbing away about high school, meteor freaks, and the Smallville Torch.
“So you like journalism?” Chloe nodded her head.
“Well I think you’re a fabulous writer. Which is why I want to talk to you about getting your job back.” Chloe was a little shocked at the thought. She thought it was impossible.
“How can you possibly get me my job back Bruce?” Chloe said. Bruce spotted Lex Luthor walking around looking for someone.
“Hey is that Lex Luthor?” Bruce asked amazed.
“You wouldn’t wanna get to know him.” Chloe said as if she was shooing him away. Bruce got up and went to greet Lex Luthor.

“Lex Luthor.” Lex turned to look at Bruce.
“Bruce Wayne.” They both shook hands and smiled. The two have never met before.
“It’s nice to meet you.” Lex said.
“Would you like to join us?” Bruce offered. Lex smiled.
“I’d be delighted too.” Bruce smiled and led Lex to their table.
“Chloe, Lex is going to join us if it’s alright with you.” Chloe’s first thought was no. She nodded her head with a smile at Bruce, then glared at Lex who gave her a mocking smile. The waitress came by and noticed that there was another person with them.

“I’ll bring you an extra place setting.” The waitress said and went to get Lex his silverware.

“Do you two know each other?” Bruce asked curiously. Chloe felt uncomfortable now that Lex was with them. He just had to ruin everything.
“We’re just old friends.” Lex said.
“Acquaintances.” Chloe added. Lex felt hurt by that. After all they’ve been through, Chloe had to say that.
“Chloe, can I talk to you privately?” Lex said more sterner now.
“Whatever you have to say Lex, you can say in front of both of us. Lex chuckled with a smile, went over to Chloe’s side of the booth, grabbed her head by her hair, and dragged her out of her seat.

“Ah!” Chloe said a little loud. Bruce didn’t catch Lex grabbing her hair.
“Now Ms. Sullivan.” Lex said more darker. Chloe followed him to the bathrooms.

“What are you doing here Lex?” Chloe said more freely and in anger as Lex let go of her hair. Lex grabbed her shoulders with his hands a little tight. Chloe flinched at the sudden jolt of pain.
“What are you doing with him!”
“Lex, your hurting me!” Chloe whined. Lex lighten his grip a bit but still had his grasp on her.
“What does Bruce Wayne have that I don’t?” Lex asked angrily.
“Manners.” Lex shook Chloe a little “No!” He yelled.
“You’re mine, not his!” He hissed through his teeth. Chloe became frighten of his anger. She’s never seen him this enraged before.
“I wouldn’t be yours if you were the last person on earth!” Chloe spat. Lex pressed Chloe on the wall of the bathroom area. He was an inch from her face. Luckily there was no one around to witness the scene.
“You’re mine, and mine a lone!” To hear those words the way he said it was shuttering, it sent goose bumps over her skin. He said it so harsh and so rash, filled with anger and passion. Lex let go of his grip rather harshly. There was a certain glow to Lex’s eyes that rayed of hate. Chloe looked at him frightenly. Her eyes had a little water in them ready to shed tears.
“You’re an obsessed man.” Chloe said seriously. Lex glared at her and left. Chloe leaned her head on the wall, and slid down to squat. She buried her hands in her face, and cried. She cried because she wanted him, she cried because she needed him.

Bruce was getting a little worried about Chloe. He went to find her, and she was standing up with her hand in her cheek. Her face was redden, and the tears were streaming.
“Chloe! What happen to you?” Chloe looked at Bruce and flung herself at him. She buried her face in his chest, and sobbed.
------------------------
I changed the title. So close meaning they both love each other, and far away meaning that well you know.....

Donutte
24th November 2005, 00:35
I was wondering where the fic went!! LOL

WOW that was a pretty cool chapter!!! Lex was extremely passionate; you could feel the testosterone surging in this one! Good update!!

Do'

hfce
24th November 2005, 01:11
Lex was really harsh. He needs to grovel next time he sees her. And Chloe why Bruce and not Lex I dont blame him for being mad but that was way over the top even for Lex. ;)

Hope ;)

Goldielocks
24th November 2005, 01:20
oh this fic is nwonderful..i love the way lex behaves, jeously's ugly face comes up more often then what he would like. Lovin the idea of puttin bruce into the fic, make things more intresting. Are u perhaps hinting that Chlo might be preggers?. i just saw the movie 'batman beginns' and it was awesome, chris evans is hottttttt so we'll make him as bruce.

keep writing this fic coz it awesome, plz, pretty plz

Sandy
24th November 2005, 17:00
Goldielocks, you never know about Chloe... I have a few surprises in store for this fic. I was picturing Bruce Wayne as Christian Bale....he's hot! ... I loved Batman Begins! Thanks for the reviews guys! More on the way!

pipersmum
24th November 2005, 22:18
That was a passionate chapter Lex is certainly losing it where his feelings for Chloe are. Bruce was very sweet, or though I did think he was going to come to Chloe's aid sooner. Looking forward to more soon :D

Sandy
25th November 2005, 05:21
I've added another surprise to the credits... there's going to be a character death. Thought I might warn you for the future. Have fun guessing. :D Hehehehe... *casually strolls out of post*

Donutte
25th November 2005, 11:38
*rubs hands together* Not that I love character deaths, I just really love angst, lol, and all it entails. Yes, I'm very weird. However, it hasn't seemed all that angsty as of yet IMO (well, until the end of the last chapter anyway), so I'm really curious!!! Bring it on!

Sandy
25th November 2005, 17:43
Haha Do'! May I call you Do'? (that reminded me of the episode Hug.... "May I call you Paul?" "No" Lol...) Anyway.... some of you might hate Lex after this chapter...

Chapter Five: The set up

“Are you going to tell me what happen there or not?” Bruce said as he got Chloe a glass of water in his kitchen. They were at his penthouse in Metropolis. Chloe sat at the table with her hands in her cheeks. She was feeling rather low as to what Lex put her through.
“It was nothing.” She lied trying to forget every single word Lex said. To be honest she liked the thought of being his. She mentally smiled at the thought then quickly shooed it away. Bruce wasn’t convinced. He needed to get to the bottom of this. He couldn’t believe someone like Lex Luthor could be so rude.
“It didn’t look like nothing Chloe. Whatever you tell me I promise I won’t tell anyone else.” Bruce said seriously as he set Chloe’s glass of water on the table.
“How many times have I heard that before.” Chloe said kind of low and took a sip of water. Bruce was frustrated. He thought Chloe was being difficult. It has been awhile since he went on a date, but this…. Bruce sat across next from Chloe, took her hand in his and looked at her seriously. Chloe stared back at him.
“Just be honest with me Chloe.” Bruce half whispered. He was determined to get her to talk. Whatever Lex was doing to her he’d make sure he would put an end to it. Chloe sighed annoyingly and looked away. Bruce took that as a no and let go of her hand.

“Women.” He said under his breath. “Why do I bother?” He added. Chloe heard him and anger aroused her.
“Listen Mr. Bruce Wayne. You have no idea what I’ve been through!” Chloe spat angrily.
“I would if you would tell me!” Bruce roared as he stood up knocking his chair over.
“Maybe I don’t want to!” Chloe yelled as she got up.
“Why!” Bruce yelled back.
“Because the truth is boring! Because Lex ruined my life!” Chloe was huffing and puffing by now.
“What did he say to you Chloe? Did he hurt you?” Chloe was on the verge of crying. Anger was written on her face. A lonely tear streamed down her face.
“Tell me Chloe.” Bruce said as he walked around to her, and held her in his arms. Just her touch made him want her even more.
“I can’t.” Chloe whispered. Bruce was disappointed. He sighed.
“It’s your choice Chloe. Just know that I’m here if you want to talk.” Chloe nodded her head. Would it hurt to kiss him? Chloe thought. The feeling of Bruce’s arms around her was intoxicating. Bruce had a different feel then Lex. Bruce was more laid back then Lex was. Chloe looked at Bruce for a moment and decided. She went in for the kiss. She was shocked when Bruce didn’t pull away. Chloe rested her head on his chest. Bruce rubbed her back with his hand.

“It’s ok Chloe.” Bruce soothed in her ear. Lex. Chloe thought and a few more tears streamed down her face.

Luthor Manor, 10:00PM

Lex was in his study looking over his campaign papers. He gave a sigh of frustration, and pinched the bridge of his nose. An idea came to his mind.

“Chloe.” He quickly said. An evil smile crept upon his lips.
“Genius.” He said when he was done with his evil plan.

“I wouldn’t say that.” A familiar voice said. Lex looked at her startled.
“Chloe. It’s a little late for a social call. Or did you come here to pretend some more?” He smiled wickedly at her. Chloe chuckled and gave a furious smile. They both started walking towards each other.
“Did you want something?” Lex said rather coldly. Chloe felt like slapping him right then and there.
“Mmm. I was hoping you could help me with my homework.” Chloe lied as she rubbed her hands up his shoulders. Lex smiled briefly.
“What kind of help do you need Ms. Sullivan?” Chloe smiled again. Lex put his lips on hers.
“For a minute lets just pretend I love you.” Chloe said with a smile.
“I’ll buy that.” Lex said as he kissed her again.

After an intense make out session, Lex held Chloe on his lap on his couch, by the fire.

“Thanks for your help.” Chloe said as she leaned her head on his chest.
“Any time. Before I forget, I have something for you.” Lex reached into his pocket and pulled out a key and showed her. Chloe smirked.
“Don’t tell me that’s the key to your heart.” Chloe joked. Lex chuckled with a smile.
“Not quite. There’s a safe in my office at Luthorcorp.” He said as he put the key in her hand and held hers. Chloe’s eyes narrowed. She quickly caught on to what he was planning.
“You think I’ll break in won’t you?” Chloe said seriously.
“I trust you Chloe.” Lex said as he rubbed her shoulder. He gave a light kiss on her head.
“You little conniving. I can’t believe you Lex Luthor. You would stoop this low to trick me!” Chloe said angrily. Lex had a smile that Chloe wanted to wipe off.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about Chloe. I thought we had something here.” Lex said jokingly. Chloe became enraged and got off his lap. She glared at him.
“You son of a bitch.” Chloe said sternly. She quickly put the key in her pocket. The fire was crackling a bit. Lex got up and was an inch away.
“You’re just like your father.” Chloe spat. Lex squeezed her shoulders and shoved her by the fire place mantel. The fire was a little too hot for Chloe.

“Don’t!” Lex roared.
“I am nothing like my father!” He added.
“Lex, the fire… I’m too hot.” Chloe pleaded. The fire crackled on Chloe’s lower back.
“You shouldn’t have come here.” Lex said angrily as he let go of his grasp and walked away. Chloe looked at his back afraid. They had just made out and already he was being angsty. It was like a washer full of clothes put on fast spin.
“Lex.” Chloe whispered. Lex turned around.
“What?” He snapped angrily.
“I, I,” Chloe couldn’t say I love you. She was too upset so she grabbed her purse, and left.

Chloe and Lana’s dorm 12:00AM

Chloe tossed and turned in bed. The thought of having a key to Lex’s safe was intriguing. It made her want to bring down Lex all the more. For what he did to her. She decided she wouldn’t be that little weakling and run to him whenever she had the need. No. She would fight fire with fire.

“You’re mine, not his!” The thought echoed in her sleep as she continued to toss and turn.
“You’re mine, and mine a lone.” Lex was definitely obsessed.

“Lex. Lex.” Chloe moaned in her sleep causing Lana to wake up.
“I need you Lex. No don’t go!” Chloe continued to speak in her sleep.

“Chloe! Chloe wake up!” Lana said. When Chloe didn’t wake up Lana looked on the floor for something to throw at her. She picked up a shoe and threw that hitting the wall. That jerked Chloe awake.

“What?” Chloe said as she shot up in bed and shook her head.
“You were dreaming again.” Lana’s bed was on the other side of the room. Chloe rubbed her hand up her face and yawned.
“Oh yeah, I had a dream about… him.” Chloe said disgustedly and fell back in bed groaning.
“Why me?” Chloe whined.

The next day Chloe walked past the Luthorcorp Plaza. She looked up at it and scoffed.

“Luthorcorp my ass.” Chloe snapped angrily and continued walking. She just felt like getting out today. She didn’t feel the need for classes as they bored her. Chloe replayed the previous scene last night in her head. The thought of being with Lex was unexplainable. The way he was holding her and smiling. The part she didn’t like was being tossed like a toy. She would get him back for sure. Her biggest problem was what to do with that key. Should she break in or not? Of course there was that little detail of getting past his security. Chloe decided to visit Lois at The Daily Planet.

“Lois, I have something!” Chloe said excitedly as she rushed to her cousins desk.
“What is it?” Lois asked intrigued by this bit of info.
“I have a key to Lex’s safe!” She said excitedly. Just then she had seconds thoughts if she should have told Lois.

Goldielocks
25th November 2005, 21:46
Shit i think chlo just made one big misstake which she'l pay for it. God i don't know what Lex will do. Telling lois wasen't the smartest thing she made. But then again u never know with lex, he loves his games just like Chlo do even if she wont EVER admit it. Amazing job

Sandy
27th November 2005, 00:49
Chapter Six: Can we give this another try?
Warning: Don’t read if it makes you uncomfortable (violence)

Chapter Six

“You what?” Lois exclaimed excitedly as she stared at her cousin. Chloe was all smiles but in the back on her mind, she knew that Lex was tricking her.
“I have a key Lois!” Chloe got the key out of her pocket and showed it. Lois looked at it like it was poisonous.
“Are you sure that’s the key to Lex’s safe? For all you know it could be a key to his bedroom.” Lois said snappy like and went to sit at her desk.
“Cold Lois. Very cold.”
“Yeah well you seek the enemy you get laid.” Lois began typing gibberish on her laptop.
“You know what? I don’t care about your snarky remarks. I have a key and I’m going to use, and,” She grabbed hold of her arm and looked her in the eye.
“You are going to help me!” She demanded.
“You have been spending too much time with him haven’t you?” Chloe shoved Lois’ arm away and scoffed.
“I don’t get how you can have feelings for him when all he does is treat you badly.” Lois said. Chloe could care less about this verbal judo. All she wanted to do now was to bring him down.
“When you stop giving me snarky remarks, let me know.” With that Chloe left The Daily Planet.

‘Of all the nerve.’ Chloe thought as she walked the side walk. She walked passed Luthorcorp again. ‘Tempting.’ She thought as she pushed through the double doors. She went up to the secretary.

“Is Lex Luthor in?” Chloe asked.
“Do you have an appointment ma’am?”
“No. I would like to speak with Mr. Luthor.”
“Name?” The secretary asked.
“Ms. Jones.” Chloe lied.
“I’ll call him.” The secretary called Lex’s office but there was no response.
“I’m sorry Ms. Jones, he may be out. Would you like to leave a message?”
“No. Could you tell me where his office is?” Chloe would hope that she would tell her.
“Top floor.” Was all she said. Chloe groaned and walked to the elevator.
“Staff only miss!” The secretary yelled after her.

Chloe finally found Lex’s office. Luckily it was open. Chloe looked around. It was just an ordinary office. ‘Great view.’ Chloe thought as she went to look out the window. She was several stories up.

“Snooping a little early are we Ms. Sullivan?” Chloe’s head jerked around to see Lex Luthor standing a few feet behind her. Chloe smirked at his remark.
“I wasn’t snooping.” Chloe lied. Lex smirked back with a slight nod of his head.
“Sure you were. Why did you come here? Or were you looking for more of what I have to offer you?” Lex said coolly as he approached her. Chloe grit her teeth in anger. She was furious, enraged. She wanted to beat the crap out of him, so she gave a hard slap to his cheek. The slap was so loud that it echoed in the room. Lex in return punched her cheek hard sending her to the floor.

“Don’t!” Lex roared as he bent over her. Chloe held her cheek in her hand. That hurt. It hurt a lot. She kept her tears back and let all of her anger out.
“You’re just like your father!” She roared.
“No Chloe! I’m much, much more!” Chloe got furious and lunged herself at him grabbing his broad shoulders pushing him down on the floor.
“What’s wrong Chloe? You can’t get enough of me so you keep coming back?” Lex taunted her.
“I don’t need you!” Chloe spat as they rolled around on the floor. Chloe started hitting his chest. Lex grabbed a hold of her arms and pined her to the floor. He was leaning over her.
“You want me Chloe. Why else would you come here?” Lex was right but Chloe denied it. She was actually hoping to break into that safe, but it was too late. Lex smiled evilly over her. A tear slid down her cheek.
“Don’t cry Chloe. I’m sure Bruce will make it better.” Lex spat. That was it for Chloe.
“Get off me!” Chloe spat angrily.
“Not until you tell me why you came here.” Lex bent down to kiss her softly on her lips. Then as an added bonus he taunted her by brushing his lips over hers and nothing more. Chloe closed her eyes and lavished the moment. Chloe lifted her head to kiss him again but Lex drew his back.
“Don’t you wish.” Lex whispered then smiled. “You want me Chloe.”
“No.” Chloe whimpered.
“Shhh. It’s ok.” Lex said as he bent over her more and stroked her hair.

“You hurt me.” Chloe said as more tears came down. Chloe noticed that she had a hand free. She could use this time to get him off of her, but she liked the feeling of him on her. It was a tough decision.
“I love you Chloe.” Lex whispered. More tears flowed and she began to cry. Lex was stricken with sympathy. He let her go and watched her cry. ‘What have I done?’ Lex thought to himself.
“How can you love me, when all you do is cause me pain?” Chloe said between sobs.
“Chloe.” Lex was speechless. Lex cupped her cheek where he punched it hoping to make the pain go away. Her tears streamed onto his hand. They felt like stabbing daggers. A single tear came out of his eye.
“Chloe.” Lex said again. Still no reply from the sobbing blonde.
“Lex, I need you.” Chloe confessed. Lex picked Chloe up and sat on the floor. He held her on his lap. Chloe buried herself in his chest and clung onto him.

“I’m so sorry Chloe.” Lex began. Chloe just kept crying.
“Nothing but pain.” Chloe taunted making Lex feel more guilty.
“I need you Chloe.” He said hoping that would stop his guilt.
“I can’t when all you do is hurt me.”
“Chloe don’t do this.” Lex begged.
“How badly do you want me Lex Luthor?” Chloe said as she looked him in the eye.
“More then you could ever know.” Lex said deeply.
“That’s not good enough for me.” Chloe spat. Lex scoffed.
“What is? Bruce Wayne?” Lex said bitterly. Chloe smiled at him.
“At least he doesn’t hurt me.” Chloe said with a smile.
“I never meant to you hurt Chloe.”
“Yes you did.” Chloe said quickly.
“What do I have to do to make you want me?” Lex said as he began playing with her hair.

“Grovel.” Chloe said. Just the thought was endearing.
“What?” Lex whispered.
“You heard me Lex. Grovel. Don’t give me that money crap either. I could care less about how much money you have. What can you do for me that Bruce Wayne can’t? If you can answer that question, then I’m all yours.”
“Don’t threaten me.” Lex hissed.
“I’m not threatening you, I’m challenging you. If you want me so bad answer the question.” Lex thought for a bit but nothing came to mind.
“I can’t.” Lex said disappointedly.
“Well then I’m sorry Lex. I’ll see ya.” Chloe got up off the floor and left.

Chloe was walking outside again. She had him in the palm of her hand and she lost it. ‘Serves him right.’ Chloe thought bitterly. ‘If he can’t answer that question then he doesn’t deserve me.’ Chloe added. She bumped into Bruce Wayne.

“Oof.” Chloe looked up and was startled. “Bruce!” She said startled.
“Hey Chloe. What’s wrong?” Bruce asked noticing that Chloe’s eyes were red and left over tears were still down her cheeks.
“Oh! Nothing.” Chloe quickly wiped her face dry. Bruce didn’t believe her but he didn’t bother asking, because of there previous conversation.
“Chloe I was wondering. Could we give this another try? I really want to spend some time with you.” Chloe was shocked. She thought about Lex. The way he’s been treating her lately. To get him back she took Bruce’s offer.
“Sure. There’s no doubt in my mind that you’re the man for me.” She lied as she took his hand. Bruce smiled. The two walked away hand in hand. ‘I need you Lex.’
----------------------
There's just something about Lex and Chloe fighting that I like.... ahem.... yeah... anyways.... reviews please!

Donutte
27th November 2005, 01:17
Yeah, I can tell you're liking the whole Chlex fight stuff!!

Wow, Lex and Chloe both seem rather.. bipolar.. in these last two chapters. Running hot and cold; they're friends, then they're not, then they are again. Sounds like some torrid love affair, lol.

Sandy
1st December 2005, 04:31
Chapter Seven: Bus accident
Warning: Character death

‘I can’t believe the nerve of him. How dare he punches me.’ Chloe thought. Chloe and Bruce were hanging out at the Talon. Chloe’s stomach wasn’t feeling very well. She smacked her lips a little, and held her stomach with her hand. ‘Something feels funny.’ She thought. She hoped Bruce wouldn’t notice. ‘Uh oh…’ Chloe began hyperventilating.

“Chloe, are you alright?” Bruce asked with concern. Chloe looked at him and nodded her head.
“Yeah sure.”
“You don’t look so well.” Bruce said as he noticed her color in her face has changed. Chloe began to panic.
“I agree Bruce.” Chloe wiped her head around and saw Lex Luthor. ‘If I throw up, it better be on him.’ Chloe thought bitterly as she glared at him. He sat at their table, but Chloe wanted him to leave.
“I gotta go Bruce!” Chloe ran past Lana and into the bathroom. Lana was as confused as Bruce was. Lana exchanged worried glances with Bruce, but Bruce shrugged his shoulders. Lana went into the bathroom to check up on Chloe. She heard her throwing up in the stall.

“Chloe, are you alright?” Lana asked worriedly as she entered the bathroom. ‘Oh great. I don’t need Lana knowing this.’ Chloe continued puking.
“I don’t think the coffee is sitting well.” Chloe said when she had a break.
“Can you hand me some paper towels?” Chloe asked and Lana went to do so.
“Chloe, I don’t think it was the coffee. Now what’s wrong?” Lana asked. There was no shoving this girl away. Lana was persistent about knowing what was really wrong with Chloe.
“I can’t talk to you about it here. It’s to private.” Lana nodded her head. Chloe began to feel better.

“That’s weird.” Chloe said thinking to herself.
“What’s weird?” Lana asked.
“I thought there would be more…” Chloe picked up her dirty paper towels, threw them away, and cleaned herself up.

“I’m sure Lois wouldn’t mind letting us use her room.” Chloe nodded, and the two went upstairs to the apartment. Lana sat on the couch, and looked around.

“Roomy. So many memories here.” Lana said reminiscing her past with Jason.
“Lana, what I’m about to tell you is strickly between us. Ok?” Chloe said almost sounding threaten. Lana nodded her head.
“Sure Chloe. Whatever you tell me, stays between us.” Chloe sighed and sat next to Lana, as she put on leg under her.

“I think I’m pregnant.” Lana was speechless. Her eyes narrowed.
“Did you get your period?” Lana asked getting more concerned. She wondered who the father is, but we all know that right?
“That’s just the thing. I don’t know! I haven’t been checking.” Chloe sighed and leaned back in the couch. She ran her fingers through her hair.
“Chloe,” Lana is interrupted by Lois entering her room.

“What’s this? You two think you can just use my apartment whenever you want?” Lois said snotty like as she took off her sun glasses.
“I was just leaving.” Lana said as she got up.
“No Lana.” Chloe asked begging for Lana to keep her comforted.
“I should be getting back to Metropolis anyway, and so should you.” Lana said as she pointed her head out the door. Chloe got the message and the two left leaving a confused Lois.

“What was that all about?” Lois said to herself.

In the car on the way to Metropolis Chloe and Lana are talking about this situation.

“I feel so bad. I left Bruce at the Talon.” Chloe said and began to chuckle.
“You should call him.” Lana added. Chloe got out her cell and told Bruce that she was headed back to Metropolis. Bruce said that he would meet her there in her dorm room.

The Talon…

“Are you sure that’s what you want to do Bruce?” Alfred asked as Bruce signed his will.
“Yes. I haven’t been sure about anything in my entire life Alfred. There’s just something about her that I like.” Alfred sighed and took his papers.
“If that’s what you want.”

Chloe and Bruce have met outside the dorms.

“There’s this opera that’s playing in a couple of minutes. Would you like to go?” Bruce asked Chloe.
“Sure Bruce.” Bruce smiled and took Chloe’s hand. They stared at each other for a second. In a second Chloe has forgotten Lex. The two share a long and passionate kiss.
“Are you feeling better?” Bruce asked as he stroked Chloe’s hand.
“Yeah.”

Chloe and Bruce take a bus to the theatre because Bruce thought it was old fashioned. The bus is slowly moving in the streets of Metropolis. A few seconds later a bomb goes off and the bus blows up, sending Chloe one way, and Bruce another. Several people are killed and injured.

Press Conference…

About a hundred tv news stations gather around a press conference, waiting for the debate between Mr. Kent, and Mr. Luthor. The crowds murmer about themselves waiting for the candidates to arrive. Lex comes out first and the crowds take a million pictures practically blinding him. Jonathan walks out second. When the questioned have stopped being asked, someone yells,

“THERE WAS A BUS ACCIDENT ON FIFTH AND MAIN!!!!!” The reporter yells. Lois is unaware that her cousin was in the accident. Lex is also concerned, but has no clue that it was Chloe who got blown up.

Clark is wondering the streets of Metropolis and noticed a crowd of police and ambulance. He almost trips over something, but it isn’t something, it’s someone.

“Chloe?” He says as he looks down at her. Chloe flutter her eyes open.
“C-Clark. Find Bruce.” Chloe said and she let the blackness over take her.

Metropolis hospital

Chloe awoke in bed with a killer head ache, and pain. Clark had stayed with her all through the night. Chloe tried to inch up in her bed but she was too weak.

“Clark, would you mind if I had a word alone with Ms. Sullivan?” The doctor said as it seemed important. Clark nodded his head and left.

“You’re a miracle Ms. Sullivan.” The doctor began now that he was free to talk to her. Chloe was confused as could be.
“What do you mean?” She asked confused. She blinked once or twice.
“You and your baby are a live. I don’t know how you survived that bus accident.” The doctor said baffled. Chloe’s eyes went narrow.
“Wait. Did you say,…”

“You mean you didn’t know?”
“How can this be?” Chloe asked panicking now.
“Well when a man and a women,…”
“I know that part doc. I just can’t believe that he,” Chloe began to trail off. She scoffed.
“The nerve of that guy!” She said to herself completely unaware that the doctor was in the room.
“You don’t have to tell me who the father is Ms. Sullivan. I’ve supplied you with magazines on everything you need to know about pregnancy.” The doctor handed her 3 magazines.
“If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me.” The doctor also handed her his card.

“What about Bruce?” Chloe asked, wondering if he was ok.
“Bruce Wayne? I’m sorry miss. He didn’t make it. We lost him early this morning.” Chloe felt sorrow for loosing a new friend. She barely got to know him, yet she had fallen for him.
“Morning? How many days was I out?” Chloe asked a little more afraid.
“Just one day. It’s normal Ms. Sullivan. You just get some rest.” Chloe was scared, and she had a million questions on her mind. The doctor then left. ‘How could Lex have planted a bomb on the bus? Was he following me?’ Chloe thought bitterly to herself, accusing someone who was innocent until proven guilty. ‘The next time I see him I’m going to give him a piece of my mind. Uh oh.’ Chloe then threw up in her bed. It hurt like hell because she was sore from being tossed around. Clark came back in the room, saw her mess and buzzed for a nurse.

“Chloe, are you ok?” Clark asked as he brought up a chair and sat beside her. ‘Oh great. I can’t let him know that I’m pregnant.’ The nurse came in and helped Chloe to the bathroom. Chloe was confused as could be. ‘What’s wrong with her?’ Clark thought. If only he knew.

After a few hours Chloe assured Clark that it was alright for him to go back to school. Then Alfred comes in with good news.

“Hi.” Chloe says confused as to who the person is.
“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m Alfred Bruce’s assistant. Or was.” Alfred shakes Chloe’s hand.
“I’ll get right to the point. Bruce left you with his fortune Ms. Sullivan.” Chloe’s eyes narrow and her mouth drops.
“What?” Chloe said more then shocked. She was hysterical.
“You’re about to become one of the most richest women on this planet Ms. Sullivan. Until you sign this paper that is.” Alfred handed her the paper. Chloe studied it a bit, and she breathed in and out. ‘I feel like I’m going to throw up again.’
“Do you have a pen?” Chloe asked and looked at Alfred. Alfred smiled and handed her a pen. Chloe signed where she was supposed too. Something caught her eye.

“Wait, wait, wait. I have Wayne Tower? But I don’t know anything about business!” Chloe said loudly.
“Calm down Ms. Sullivan. Bruce’s cousin Wayde will handle it.” Chloe let go a sigh of relief.
“You’re just supposed to visit, sign some things, and make sure everything is running properly.”
“But!” Chloe hesitated. She had a million questions on her mind.
“Wayde will let you in on everything. He’s a very nice man.” Chloe began to breathe several times. ‘I’m rich…. Probably even richer then Lex Luthor.’ Chloe smiled to herself. ‘I wonder how he’d feel if I bought Luthorcorp. Hahahaha.’

spaceboi's pixie
1st December 2005, 12:42
great fic want more please

starmoon
6th December 2005, 20:35
more please write more i really can't wait.

Sandy
16th December 2005, 04:08
Chapter Eight: Funeral

Chloe never liked funerals. Then again no one does right? As always it almost always seemed to rain at funerals. The rain poured and a few crackles of thunder were heard, but Alfred demanded that funeral go on. Chloe didn’t feel like giving a word which Alfred wanted her to do so. Lex was watching from a distance so as not to interrupt, or ruffle up the tension that was built from previous events. He was thinking about her. About there past. How she made him weak at the knees whenever he saw her. There was just something about her that he liked. They had chemistry although neither of them saw it. They just went there merry ways, bickered, and “tried” avoiding each other. It didn’t work because both of them ended up thinking of one another, and then one of them ended up seeing one another. Only to get hurt in process because they both avoided their feelings for each other.

Lex sighed and leaned on the tree. He was bored. He just wanted to hold Chloe so much it killed him. He knew she wouldn’t let him touch her after the way he treated her. Lex couldn’t take it anymore and he left. When Chloe went up to the podium to speak, she saw him leave. A tear fell down her eye. Chloe cleared her throat and began talking. She didn’t know what to say so she might as well tell the truth right?

“I didn’t know Bruce Wayne that much. I just met him a couple days ago. Now that I look back on it, I think we could’ve been really great friends.” Chloe looked at his casket. It had fresh flowers on it, and it was pretty nice. She began to choke up.

“That is all.” Chloe then ran to her car.
“Ms. Sullivan!” Alfred yelled after her. Chloe ran past the people, past the tomb stones. She quickly got her keys out, unlocked her car, got in and drove back to her dorm room.

Chloe was sobbing on the way home. Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

“How could Lex have done that to him? How could he? How dare he! I’m going to make him pay!” Chloe finally made it to her dorm room.

“Good. Lana isn’t here.” Chloe said kind of bitterly but not meaning it. She decided to do the dishes, to get things off her mind.

“Why doesn’t Lana pitch in once in a while? Oh I know it’s because she’s always with Clark!” Chloe about yelled to herself. She began scrubbing a pan, and the grunge wouldn’t come off. She scrubbed harder. It did not budge. Chloe put the pan down in frustration.

“Damn it Lana! How many times have I told you to soak the dog gone pan!” Chloe roared to herself. Chloe gave up on the pan and decided to clean a glass next.

Lex Luthor was walking the halls of Chloe’s dorm, and he thought he would pay her a visit. ‘Anything so I can just hold her again.’ Lex knocked on the door and waited for a response. Lex heard a faint “Ow.” He knocked again but still no reply. So he thought he would walk in anyway. Lex found her crying by the sink.

“Chloe? Chloe, are you alright?” He said worriedly as he went behind her. Her hand was bleeding because she dropped the glass in the sink, and it broke. Some of it broke in her hand when she dropped it.

“Damn soap! Next time I do the shopping!” Chloe said to herself ignoring Lex.
“Chloe.” Lex put his hand on her back. Chloe flinched at his touch. When in reality she wanted more of him.
“Let me help you.” He said kindly as he reached for the paper towels close to the sink.
“I don’t need your help.” Chloe said bitterly. She felt light headed and she couldn’t stand, so she dropped to the floor on her butt. She began to breathe a lot.
“Chloe! Chloe what’s wrong? Talk to me.” Lex quickly wet the paper towels and began cleaning up the blood on her hands. He sat down next to her. Chloe held her stomach. She didn’t feel so good. ‘If I throw up I hope I throw up on him!’ Lex held Chloe’s hand and saw a chunk of glass in it.

“Here let me help you.” He started to pull it out but Chloe winced.
“It hurts.”
“Of course it does. It’s glass. It’s supposed to hurt.” Lex said as he kept pulling it out. Chloe did her best to hide the pain but it was no use.
“Lex, please. It hurts too much.” Chloe begged. More tears began to stream from her eyes. Lex couldn’t stand to see her so hurt.
“Chloe.” He said as he ran his fingers through her hair.
“How could you?” Chloe said above a whisper. Lex was confused.
“How could I what?”
“How could you kill Bruce Wayne? Do you love me that much to murder someone?” Chloe said. Chloe felt sick. She couldn’t take anymore of this torture they both played on each other. She wanted to lie down and forget all that has happen.

“Chloe. I did not kill Bruce Wayne. I was at a press conference during the bus accident.” Chloe didn’t know whether to believe him or not. But it was true. Lois did say that she was going to a press conference. Lex moved his hand to her neck and rested it there. He smiled at her.

“Then who did?” Chloe asked as she looked him in the eye, waiting for an answer. Lex rubbed the back of his fingers on her cheek.
“If I knew, I would make them pay. Trust me. I would make them pay.” Chloe sobbed and leaned in on him. Lex wrapped his arms around her, shielding her from all the pain and misery in her life.

“Shhh. It’s ok Chloe. Everything is going to be alright.” He began petting her hair. ‘Just holding you is enough to make me high.’ Lex thought. ‘Should I ask her now? Or should it wait?’ Lex thought.

“My Chloe.” Lex whispered.
“My Lex.” Chloe whispered hoping he didn’t hear her.
“What did you say?” Lex said as he pulled her apart. He wiped her tears with his thumb.

“It was nothing.” Chloe lied.
“You do love me don’t you?” Chloe looked at Lex wide eyed.
“Yes. Yes I do love you.” Chloe cried some more and leaned on his chest. Lex then wrapped his arms around her again.
“I love you too.” Chloe felt happy once again.
“So what do we do now?” She asked. Wondering if they were ever going to be together.

“I want you to be mine.” Lex said as he stroked her hair. Chloe smiled to herself.
“I want you to be mine too.” ‘Should I ask now?’ Lex thought again. ‘Or would it ruin everything?’

“Chloe,” Lex began and sighed. “There’s a Luthorcorp Christmas party this weekend at the Plaza. I want you, Lois, and Clark to attend. Chloe leaned her chin on his chest with a smile.
“I’d love to go. I’ll see if they can come as well.”
“Excellent.”

Sandy
16th December 2005, 04:09
Chapter Nine:

Lana was routing through Chloe’s drawer for a pen. You’d think she have a cup with a whole bunch of them, but sadly a reporter like Chloe didn’t have any laying around. When Lana uncovered a paper she saw a pregnancy magazine. She gasped as she picked it up. Chloe and Lex come in the dorm room laughing. Chloe spots Lana with the magazine out in the open. Chloe is shocked and quickly shoves the magazine back in the drawer, and shuts it with her hip.

“Chloe I,” Lana began worriedly but Lex interrupted her.
“Chloe what was that?” Lex asked as he went to go open the drawer but Chloe got in his way.
“It was nothing Lex don’t worry about it.” Lex wasn’t convinced that it was “nothing”. He proceeded to get Chloe out of the way and find out what that magazine was, because something caught his eye. He managed to silence Chloe and she let him see the magazine. He was stunned and words failed him.

“Lana could I have a moment a lone with Chloe?” Lex asked very seriously.
“Sure.” Lana left them a lone to discuss this very important issue that Chloe failed to mention to Lex.
“Are you pregnant?” Lex asked kind of rude, but bitterly at the same time. Chloe looked to the floor then back at him. The look in his eyes told her that he didn’t want anything to do with this unborn child in her womb. Chloe’s eyes were watery but she remained her cool.
“Why do you think I have a pregnant magazine?” She said coolly and sat on the bed with a sigh. Lex curled his lips in then smacked his lips. He went to go sit next to her. He put his arm around her, and drew her close.
“If you think I don’t want that child you are wrong Chloe Sullivan. I had some part in this too. Will raise him together.” Lex said.
“Him? What if it’s a her?” Chloe responded.
“Whatever it is, will both raise him.” Lana knocked on the door hoping she could come in.

“Is it safe?” She said muffled a bit. “Any broken glass?” Chloe and Lex looked at each other and smirked.
“It’s fine Lana. No blood shed.” Lex responded. Lana was surprised that Lex was still here. She was surprised that Chloe didn’t throw him out.
“Well I’m gonna go over to Clarks so I’ll see ya later.” Lana grabs her things and leaves.

Chloe sighed and leaned in on Lex. Lex put his arm around her. He thought about how far apart they’ve been over the last few weeks. He really did miss her when she wasn’t near. She was near but it wasn’t the nearness he wanted. He wanted to feel close to her like never before. He wanted to know what made her tick, what made her jump excitedly. He wanted to know everything about her. But most importantly he wanted her to love him back. Chloe felt the same way only he didn’t know it. She wanted more then love. She wanted unconditional love. She also wanted the closeness that he wanted.

Lois Lane barged into Chloe’s dorm room unannounced.

“Gee Lois ever heard of knocking?” Chloe informed her snarky like as she got up to “welcome” her cousin in. Lois put down her purse on Chloe’s chair, and looked at Lex oddly.
“What’s he doing here?” Lois said bitterly. Lex smiled at Lois as he got off the bed.
“Don’t worry Lois, I was just going.” He says coolly as he puts his hand on Chloe’s back.
“Chloe, you’re letting this guy touch you? I thought you two hated each other?” Lois was a bit shocked and acting overly dramatic.
“Thanks for putting it mildly Lois. We’re um, we’re back together.” Chloe hesitated a bit anxiously awaiting her cousins response. No doubt it’ll be snarky. Lois scoffed and looked at Lex like he was poison.
“I can’t believe this! Chloe, you told me you hated his guts, and would like to get back at him.” Lex looked at Chloe a bit shocked. Chloe looked away nervously.
“That was before.” Chloe said saving the day.
“Nice cover up.” Lex whispered.
“Before what? Before you “fell for him”? Chloe I can’t believe you! I thought you wanted to take him down!” Chloe was getting annoyed of Lois’ behavior.

“I’ll see ya later Chlo.” Lex said and started to leave but Chloe went after him.
“No Lex. You don’t have to go.” Chloe pleaded for him to stay, but it looks like Lois didn’t want him to. It was Chloe’s dorm room after all. All Lois had to do was leave. Lex looked at Lois who had a mean glare that could shoot out daggers. Lex smirked and then smiled evilly.
“Meet me downstairs in five.” Lex said and then left. Chloe got all excited. A smile spread across her face. When she looked at Lois who was a bit stubborn, her smile turned upside down.
“What? I’m happy and in love. That should mean something to you Lois Lane! Anyway, you and Clark are invited to Lex’s Christmas party at the Luthorcorp Plaza this Friday night.” Chloe said harshly. She grabbed her purse and coat and met Lex downstairs.

Lois saw a key on her desk. An evil idea crept in her mind. ‘I wouldn’t be caught dead at that party, but I have something else in mind. Where’s Clark?’ Lois got out her phone and dialed Clark’s number.

“Clark? I need you over here asap!” Lois snapped.
“You don’t have to sound pushy. I’ll get over there when I get there.” Clark snapped back.
“Whatever farm boy. Just get over here.” There was a knock on the door. Lois jumped. She went to answer it.

“Clark? How the hell did you get here so fast? Did you fly?” Clark did his best to hide his awkwardness.
“Yeah Lois. I flew. I’m superman.” Clark said sarcastically.
“Whatever flannel king. I have a key here to Lex’s safe in his office. There’s a party at the Luthorcorp plaza. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Lois said and let him figure out the rest. Clark didn’t feel comfortable about sneaking around his friends office.
“Lois,” Lois cut him off. She knew that tone. That was the tone of he didn’t like it.
“Clark, as a friend please do this for me.” Lois said as she put her hands on his shoulders. A feeling that wasn’t there in Clark came up to the service. He all of a sudden had butterflies. He noticed her natural beauty. Was he falling for her?

“Sure Lois.” He said with a smile. ‘What was that about? What’s going on? I love Lana not Lois..’ Clark thought to himself.
“Great. Now when is this shindig?” Lois said. Chloe forgot to mention the time.

At a local coffee shop in Metropolis we find Chloe and Lex sharing a cup of java. They were smiling at each other. Chloe was stirring her coffee, and Lex was staring. Staring at the one he wanted to be with for so long.

“Chloe, I love you. I mean it.” Lex said seriously. Chloe stopped stirring. She was speechless. Hearing him say it with meaning was just overwhelming.
“I love you too Lex. I always have, even though I may have had this thing for a certain farm boy.” Chloe hesitated. They looked at each other from across the table. Lex went to sit next to Chloe. He kissed her in the coffee shop. He didn’t care who was watching. He was kissing the women he’s loved for so long.

“Chloe.” Lex whispered in her ear. There was passion in the air. They both felt it.
“Lex.” Chloe said back.
“Will you marry me?” Lex asked seriously still whispering. Chloe was stunned and speechless. Lex got out a ring he’s had in his pocket. When she saw it tears streamed down her face.
“Yes. Yes I’ll marry you Alexander Joseph Luthor!” Chloe said excitedly. Lex smirked and slipped the ring on her left ring finger.
“You’re mine forever and always. By the way how’d you know my middle name?” Lex asked curiously. Chloe cleared her throat.
“It’s not important.”
“Chloe.” Lex protested.
“I had a file on you.” Chloe said a bit nervous. Lex smirked.
“That’s my sneaky Chloe. Now gimme some lovin.” Lex said as he held her back. Chloe smiled and they began to make out.

Sandy
16th December 2005, 04:13
Chapter Ten: His
“I’m so glad we’re together Lex.” Chloe said on the way to Lex’s car. Lex smiled like he’s never smiled before. He hasn’t been this happy in a long time.
“Me to Chloe. There are some things I want to tell you on the way home.” Lex said as he open the passenger car door for Chloe. Chloe smiled.
“Why thank you.” Chloe said. Her cheeks gave a light tint of red. The two looked at each other for a brief second. Then Lex kissed her.
“Lex.” Chloe whispered.
“Right.” Lex said and chuckled. He let Chloe in her side, shut the door, and went on his side. He started up the car and the two drove off to Lex’s mansion.

“Chloe, I’m sorry I was so rough with you. I really wasn’t my self.” Lex began. He turned a corner and they were on the route to his mansion. Chloe felt uncomfortable talking about those bad memories. She felt her cheek where he punched her. It felt like the bruise was still there, but in reality bruises take time to heal. Not just physical bruises, but emotional bruises. Chloe sighed and looked out the window. Lex knew that she didn’t like talking about this. She played with her ring on her ring finger, with her left hand. Moving it around in circles. ‘It’s too good to be true.’ Chloe thought as she played with her ring. ‘Why do I have this undying love for him? How come I didn’t notice it before?’ Chloe kept asking herself questions until Lex broke her train of thought.

“Chloe, I will never hurt you. I did once, but never again.” Chloe looked at him not knowing what to say.
“I forgive you Lex. Even though you’ve done all of those bad things, I forgive you.” Chloe said. Her eyes had water in them, which were ready to fall. Even the slightest blink would make them drip.
“Thank you Chloe. That means a lot to me.” He grabbed her hand in his. “I love you too. I always have.” He laced his fingers with hers, and remembered to keep his eye on the road. He wouldn’t want to hit a man that might be on the bridge…again.
“I’m glad we cleared this up. Did you invite your friends?” Lex asked. Chloe nodded her head yes. She was his. She couldn’t believe that she was finally…his.

‘What do I freakin wear?!’ Chloe thought as the thought crossed her mind, when she shut her door. They were at his mansion. She took his hand, and they went in. Lex had a smile on his face. It was like he knew what she was thinking.
“If you’re thinking you have nothing to wear, I have a dress in mind.” Lex had a sly smile on his face, as he led her to his walk in closet in his bedroom. Chloe has only been in his bedroom once, but it was with the lights out. She liked his room. The way it was decorated. It had a stain glass window, and a balcony. Chloe’s thoughts were broken when Lex showed her the dress she was to wear. She gasped. It was so pretty, and… shiny. It had glitter on it. It was a light glossy color. A half low cut, and when you put the dress on, you saw her most of her back. It was strapless too.

“Lex, I can’t accept this. This looks likes it costs millions of dollars.” Chloe said as she ran her fingers down the sparkly dress.
“Chloe, I picked this dress out especially for you. A pretty dress, for a pretty girl.” Lex ran his fingers through her hair. Chloe smirked and glanced down out of flattery. Chloe’s cell phone went off. Chloe sighed annoyingly. ‘Who is ruining my romantic moment now?’ Chloe complained as she dug for her phone. She looked at her phone in disappointment. She humphed as she put her hand on her hip. ‘Lois.’

“What?” She said bitterly.
“Dang Chloe, calm down. Look you didn’t tell me what time this party was.”
“7.”
“Great. I’ll see you there, along with the evil emperor baldness him self.”
“Lois.” Chloe complained.
“Fine. I’ll see you two there.” Lois rolled her eyes to herself, and they both hung up.

“Cousins.” Chloe said under her breath. Lex chuckled a bit.
“It must be rough having one.” Lex winked at Chloe and Chloe just rolled her eyes.

Luthorcorp Plaza, 7:00 PM

Chloe was by the punch bowl getting some punch. She looked at her watch. ‘Where are they?’ Chloe thought as she waited for Clark and Lois to show up. It was a nice watch that Chloe was wearing. It was a present from Lex. Call it a early Christmas present if you will. Chloe sighed. Lex came up behind her, and put his hands over her eyes. They were cold and they made her jump. She smiled and she knew who it was.

“May I have the honor of this dance?” Lex asked as he took her hand in his. Chloe smiled and set her punch on the table. Lex led her to the dance floor and he whirled her into his chest softly. The music began to play. Go figure it was a Latin Christmas type song. Lex twirled Chloe around and around. They were in the middle of the dance floor. The crowd was circled around them as they danced. Lex had no idea where these dance moves were coming from. It was like he was following his heart. Lex put his arm around her back, bent her down, and passionately placed his hand on her cheek, slowly moving it down. Chloe lifted one leg in the air. She stared at him for a minute. Lex smiled and he brought her back on the dance floor.

Meanwhile, Lois is sneaking into Lex’s office, with the key that she stole from her cousin. Lois tried to unlock the door but it was no use. She slumped her shoulders in disgust.

“I should’ve figured he had a lock on his door. Clark where are you?” Clark zoomed up behind her. He gave her a fright when he tapped on her shoulder. She jumped.
“Clark! Don’t do that!” Clark smiled showing his pearly whites. “Did you miss me?” Clark joked hoping she didn’t. Lois sighed while making a rolling sound in the back of her throat.
“Don’t start with me Smallville. How are we supposed to get in? I can’t unlock the door.”
“Well, there usually is a key to that unlocks the door.” Clark wised cracked.
“I don’t have time for your remarks cow lover.” Clark rolled his eyes.
“Step aside.” Clark thought he could try to hide his powers as he jammed the door knob through. He hoped Lois wouldn’t ask.
“Lois, why don’t you go make sure no one is coming.” Clark thought that would be best to get her away. Lois did as she was told. When she was out of site, Clark quickly jammed the door knob through, and open the door. Before he stepped his foot in the room, he X-rayed it. Just incase Lex might have sensors. There were red sensors through out the room. They were in like in a maze look. All criss crossed. ‘This should be interesting.’ Clark thought.
“Lois, the door is open.” Clark yelled after her.

Lois whirled her head around. She found Clark looking in but not taking a step forward. Clark knew that Lex must have some security in his office. He did a quick X-ray of the room. Sure enough there were infra red lines all over the place. They were criss crossing this way and that. It was like a maze. ‘Interesting.’ Clark thought. Lois peered her head in the door way.

“Well, don’t just stand there Smallville. Let’s get to business!” Lois almost stuck her foot in, but Clark stopped her quickly.
“No Lois! Don’t!” Clark about yelled pulling her back by her shirt.
“Hey!” She snapped as he let go.
“Lois, I can’t explain this, but there are infra red beams in his office. One wrong turn and the alarms will sound.” Lois thought Clark was on crack. ‘What the hell is he talking about?’ Lois thought to herself.
“How do you know? Did you actually see them?” Lois said snappy like, as she put her hands on her hips, and looked him in the eye. Clark felt uncomfortable about sharing his secret with her.
“Lois, I can’t explain, but trust me. Now if you just do what I say, we’ll get through this.” Lois didn’t like the sound of that. She was itching to find out how he knew about the room.
“Fine. But after this I want an explanation.”

Back downstairs in the main dance hall, Chloe and Lex finished there dance. Everyone clapped of course. Chloe and Lex went to sit at a round table, by the windows. Chloe was breathing heavily from dancing.
“I had no idea I could dance like that.” She started. Lex smirked and took her hand.
“It comes from passion. Would you like a private tour?” Lex asked and gave her his naughty look. Chloe smiled. Chloe and Lex go off to a different room to have some fun.

Back at Lex’s office Clark is teaching Lois the hokey pokey. Or that’s what it seemed like to Lois. Her back was bent down, her hand out stretched, and her right leg was up. Clark couldn’t help but snicker.

“Clark, could you hurry it up please? It’s very uncomfortable being in this position.” Lois complained heavily. Clark rolled his eyes, and told Lois what to do next.
“Lift your left leg, and your there.” Lois thought that was impossible. Her right leg was already lifted. It felt like the game of twister.
“Clark,”
“You do the hokey pokey. You do the hokey pokey.” Clark began singing, and acting out the motions. “That’s what it’s all about.”
“Clark!” Lois screamed. Clark snapped out of it. Lois thought about jumping. But what if she hit the red line? ‘I hope this works.’ Lois did a little jump, and landed on her feet.
“It’s clear to stand up.” Clark told her. Lois stood up straight, and she waited for a second to see if any alarms would go up. No alarms were sounded. Lois gave a sigh of relief, and went to the safe that was in front of her.

“Ok Mr. Lex Luthor. Oh I’m gonna be senate. Let’s see what you have.” Lois began mocking Lex. When she open the safe, there was nothing in it.

“Uh!” Lois said outraged.
“Is there anything juicy in there?” Clark asked as he stood up on his toes to see over her.
“Nothing!”
“What?” Clark asked surprised.
“Nothing! Nadda! Ziltch! Zippo! Absolutely nothing!” Lois squealed. When she shut the door or rather slammed it, the alarms went off. Clark quickly made sure no one was coming.
“Lois! We have to get out of here!” Lois left the key in the safe, and she ran through the infra red beams. Clark heard foot steps. ‘What would Chloe do in this position?’ Clark thought quickly. ‘I know!’ Clark grabbed Lois and pretended to make out with her.

“Clark!” Lois screamed.
“Just go with it!” Clark demanded sternly. The security guard reached Lex’s office, and found Clark and Lois making out. The security guard cleared his throat. Clark and Lois looked at the security guard awkwardly.
“Have a fun time?” The security guard said.

In a different room Lex looks at Chloe furiously. He is beside her on a bed.

“Lex, I,” Chloe began. Lex knew that she must have had some part in it. Truth be told, she didn’t. It was all Lois’ idea.
“I thought you gave up on taking me down.” Lex said as he got out of bed and started buttoning up his shirt. They didn’t get very far in their make out session. Chloe bit her lip and began putting her shirt back on.
“Lex I did want to take you down at one point, but now I don’t. Please. You have to believe me!” Chloe pleaded.
“Please, don’t say my name.” Lex walked out on her leaving her with a thousand angry emotions.

Lex was fully dressed as he saw the security guard taking charge of Lois and Clark.

“Clark. It’s good of you to make my little gathering.” Lex said nonchalant.
“Thanks for the prank.” Lois said as she was escorted away.
“I told you I had nothing to hide.” Lex sneered. Clark followed Lois and the security guard. Chloe grabbed Lex’s hand. She startled him as he whirled around to meet her face to face.

“Lex.”
“It’s Mr. Luthor to you.” Lex said bitterly as he glared at her.
“Lex I swear. I did not have anything to do with this!” Chloe noticed that Lex never let go of her hand. That was a sign to her that he still loved her.
“Please tell me you’re not walking out on me.” Chloe begged for him to stay in her life. A tear fell down her face.
“I need you Lex. And I know for a fact that you need me.” Lex ran the back of his fingers down her cheek, and smiled.
“If you can back your story up, I’m all yours.” He threaten.
“That’s not fair Lex!” Chloe about screamed throwing her hands up in disgust.
“Fair? You don’t know the half of it Chloe Sullivan! You did the same thing to me! So why shouldn’t I do the same thing to you? You thought I killed Bruce Wayne, when in truth I didn’t!” Lex yelled making Chloe step back a few feet. She hated it when he was angry.
“But I didn’t have any part in this plot. Lex.” Chloe choked out some tears during her sentence. Lex couldn’t take any more of this. He did love her. He loved her so much that he had to walk away. He couldn’t stand to see her cry. When Chloe saw him walk off she fell to the floor and cried. ‘No. Please Lex. Don’t leave me.’

Metropolis State Prison

“Nice going Shirlock! How do we get out of this one?” Lois said bitterly as she paced back n forth in her cell. Clark and Lois shared the same cell.
“I’m working on it.” Clark said. ‘I don’t see why I can’t just break through these bars. Oh that’s right, Lois will probably think I’m a freak. She was a good kisser.’ Clark thought.
“Alright Smallville. Fess up.” Lois began. Clark had no idea what she was talking about.
“What do you mean Lois?” Clark asked.
“How did you know about those infra red beams?” Lois said being a little snappy. Clark was getting fidgety.
“Uh. I don’t know what you mean.” Lois sighed and rolled her eyes.
“Don’t lie to me Clark. We both know that you knew how to see them. They were invisible. How did you see them Clark? I want the truth.” Clark didn’t like where this was going. What was he supposed to do? Tell her who he is, and where he came from? She might laugh her head off.

“Alright but keep an open mind. I don’t like to do this you know.” Clark gave in and thought it would be best.
“Alright.” Lois said as she sat across from him on her bench.

“I’m not exactly from around here.” He began.
“Well duh you’re adopted.” Lois commented. Clark cleared his throat and looked away.
“I’m not from around this planet.”

-------------------------
The sequel is not all chlex. It is hosted at ff.net. So this story is done here. Thanks for all the reviews. Here is the sequel: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2695576/1/

jagged
25th February 2006, 09:36
was that the end?

persephone47
28th February 2006, 08:41
VERY OOC in the beginning, but you did a good job with it...