PDA

View Full Version : Dead fanfictions policy

Julie
5th November 2005, 01:01
Dead fanfictions policy

Just some information about so called "dead" fanfictions...

A fanfiction is declared as dead, and will be moved to the Fanfiction Graveyard, when the last update from the author was 5-6 months* ago.

If you as an author have a dead fanfiction in the graveyard and wish to update, just post the update in the existing thread, and a moderator will move it for you. If it's not moved within a week, feel free to send a fanfiction moderator or me a PM, including the things below:

---------------------
The url to the fiction itself (will save us much time looking)
Where you want it moved back
The title of your fanfiction
And what category the story is in now (should the url not work for some reason)
---------------------

You may not have you fanfiction moved back to the normal fanfiction section unless you've posted an update.

Thank you.

Any questions/comments can be directed to me ;)

*Timeline may change, so check back once in a while to make sure you're updated ;)

georgee5
9th November 2005, 04:40
It makes me sad to see all the little gravestones :(

Blaire023
9th November 2005, 05:37
lol...

i figure my fics make up 50% of the dead population...

don't be sad, not all of them are "dead" declared by author. don't give up hope until the author comes back with some flowers for the headstone and a candle to pay vigil.

Queen Of Tact
9th November 2005, 06:16
my fanfic aren't really dead, just sleeping while i'm slowly working on them....

Blaire023
9th November 2005, 23:34
yeah, sleeping. i like that. *psst, don't mind the bullet riddled body*

vardaquareien
10th November 2005, 18:11
*snickers* ...and even with the dead ones *looks guilty*, you know there are such things as Zombies and Vampires... you never know when a dead fic will tun into the undead and lurch back to life!

Ann
25th November 2005, 18:13
I've seen it happen more than once. Hell, I've done it. Don't give up on the dead fics.

kitten
19th December 2005, 00:41
My dead fictions aren't dead at all. They're going to be updated very slowly, but it will get done. I understand the new policy though, and it seems like a good idea to keep things loading quickly and efficiently. No reason to load neglected threads every time you click on a new page. So, if you were worried about the many nonky fics in the dead zone, just remember: N for nonky and N for neglected. But I've got the paddles charging.

Blaire023
21st December 2005, 05:40
i've resurected my fic. don't know how much i like this whole 1 week rule, though...

sabby
21st December 2005, 11:44
*snickers* ...and even with the dead ones *looks guilty*, you know there are such things as Zombies and Vampires... you never know when a dead fic will tun into the undead and lurch back to life!

too true that. Mine are pretty much representing a 'Dia de los muertos' cycle. Once a year I actually get inspired enough to drag the moose by the antlers out of my closet and write a chapter. Thank goodness that it's easier when Blue and I write together.

Julie
21st December 2005, 14:34
i've resurected my fic. don't know how much i like this whole 1 week rule, though...

1 week rule? A dead fanfiction will only be moved after like... 1-3 months or so....

If you as an author have a dead fanfiction in the graveyard and wish to update, just post the update in the existing thread, and a moderator will move it for you. If it's not moved within a week, feel free to send a fanfiction moderator or me a PM, including the things below:[...]

You mean that one? ^ ... Just poke either myself or Aimee and we'll move them back for ya :P

Blaire023
21st December 2005, 18:32
1 week rule? A dead fanfiction will only be moved after like... 1-3 months or so....

If it's not moved within a week, feel free to send a fanfiction moderator or me a PM, including the things below:[...]

You mean that one? ^ ... Just poke either myself or Aimee and we'll move them back for ya :P

yeah. thats the one. i don't mind the 1 week thing actually...i was teasing, but thank you for moving it anyways