PDA

View Full Version : How We Never Met Series Part 8 - I Wish (PG-13/T) *Completed*

PMD
1st November 2005, 02:53
Hey Tee---here's the next part to the series you've been waiting for for a long time. :) Hope you guys all enjoy this little Halloween tale of how they might have met.

Title: How We Never Met Series Part 8 - Halloween Tale - "I Wish"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/T

Category: Chlex, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: None that I can see.

Summary: She met her match, one Halloween night.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, Jennifer Garner, Elektra, the Daredevil and his alter ego, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, and the WBFFZ for the time being. If anybody else wants it all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to Teejei who wondered when was I going to add another part to this series. I also dedicate this to two great characters and their respective movies---Daredevil and Elektra. Hope you guys enjoy this piece.

How We Never Met Series Part 8 - Halloween Tale - "I Wish" - by PMD

~

Prologue: Halloween---the celebration for Witches and other folk---and for me this year---with him.

~

Outside the Metropolis Museum

I smooth down my long coat and look up the steps of the museum. My car has been taken to be parked. Why am I here? My father is away in New York, doing business. So I'm here to represent Sullivan Securities. God, I'm missing him this year---we have so much fun at these things---him showing me off---me enjoying his off-color comments about some of the patrons.

I was going to go to the bash in something else but since my father isn't here---

I walk up the steps and into the building. There's a table and a receptionist is sitting behind it. I walk over to her.

"Chloe Sullivan."

"May I have your invitation?"

I pass it to her and she looks at it. Then she looks up.

She smiles at me. "May I have somebody take your coat?"

Being rich has its privileges but I don't take advantage of all---because I'm nouveau, not old rich.

"Its okay---I'll go take it myself."

"Very well. Down the---"

"Thanks," I state, before she can finish. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude but I do know where it is. And I want to get this over as soon as I can."

She sighs. "I understand completely. I hope you have at least a bit of fun tonight."

"I hope so too. Thank you," I state.

I walk away, towards the room with the coats.

"Hello?"

Somebody pops up and smiles. "How may I help you?"

I take off my coat and the man's eyes pop a little.

"Nice costume," he states, before he can catch himself.

"Thanks, I'd like to think so---here's the coat."

He takes it and then gives me the ticket. I say thank you and turn around. I stop, stunned myself.

"Elektra, I presume," a deep voice says.

I smooth down my dark wig, to catch my breath. Then:

"Daredevil---fancy meeting you here."

~

The man stares at me, his blue eyes darkening to azure as he walks up.

"That costume certainly is your color," he quips, with a warm smile.

"Well, that costume you're wearing suits you well too, whoever you are."

I literally sense an eyebrow lift under the mask.

"You want to know who I am?"

"Maybe someday but for now, can I call you Matt?"

"Matt?"

"Let me get this straight---you get the costume and yet you don't know the name of the character?"

He laughs. "Of course I do---I was just pulling your leg."

I smile. "Oh, guess this is what happens when you don't have siblings."

"What?"

"You don't know if somebody is pulling your leg or not---however, my cousin Lois is certainly a joke played on our family."

"Just like my brother is too."

"Ahhh---you have family. That's nice."

"I wasn't born under a rock although---"

"Father not nice?"

He nods.

"No wonder you went as a superhero---to get back at your father?"

"He wanted me to go as myself."

"Boring?"

"No---the ladies wouldn't have left me alone."

"Full of yourself, I see," I quip.

I see this sadness in his eyes now. I walk closer, touching his cheek covered by the mask. "I'm sorry."

His eyes are startled. "It's okay," he finally says.

I back away and put out my hand.

"What?" he asks.

"I'll be your date tonight and keep the gold-diggers away."

He looks me up and down again and then takes my hand. "Deal---and I'll keep the male equivalent away from you too."

We walk into the room set up for the party and gasp at the Halloween decorations and people in costume.

"I forgot how beautiful the costumes are at this party."

He backs away and I blush as he looks me over once more.

Red is the color of the day and not much in the way of material. Its leather and it's skin-tight---my boots are like hers and my weapons aren't real. I wear a dark wig over my blonde hair since Jennifer’s was dark too for the character, in the movie.

He grins, evilly. "You did see Daredevil?"

"Yes---you did see Elektra?"

"Yes."

"No Daredevil there."

"She probably went back to him after the movie ended."

"You think?"

"True love always prevails."

"True."

"So shall we?"

"What?"

"Shall we dance?"

I nod my head and we walk onto the dance floor. He pulls me into his arms and we start to sway to the music, learning our own rhythm until it feels like we've been doing this forever.

"I wish---" He stops talking.

"You wish what?" I ask him.

He backs away slightly, us still dancing but not as close as we were---or as quick. "I wish you didn't have dark hair."

My eyebrow lifts. Then I smile. "Why?"

"Women with dark hair want to do me harm."

"Oh---why?"

"I have no idea."

"Come on," I state, not taking no for an answer.

I pull him along to the balcony and open the doors. We walk outside and I feel the chill for a few seconds until his arms are wrapped around me.

"You're trying to kill me with coldness," he whispers. "I don't get sick---you'll need a gun or maybe a plane crash."

I pull away and walk over to the edge of the balcony. I pull off my wig and shake my hair out. Then I lift off my mask and smile at him.

"See, no dark hair---I'm a blonde."

He stares at me for a minute and then pulls off the hood, and I gasp.

I turn around, mumbling, "I've been dancing with Lex Luthor and I didn't know it."

I feel him behind me and shiver when he whispers, "Imagine that---I've been dancing with the daughter of the man who's creating a security system that will keep out my father."

I turn around and find myself bumping into him. I look up and watch as he leans forward and kisses me on the lips. It's a quick peck and he backs away, gauging me.

"I wish---" I whisper, before he kisses me again, deepening it until we both moan. Then he backs away.

"You wish what?" he breathes.

"I wish---we could get out of here."

"Your wish is my command," he answers, backing away and bowing.

As we leave this cold museum with all the beautiful people, I know, not only will all my wishes be fulfilled or at least tried to, by this new man in my life, but I'll do my damndest to do it for him too.

The End.

teejei
1st November 2005, 03:42
This is dedicated to Teejei who wondered when was I going to add another part to this series.nawww. *blush* :blinkkiss

"Elektra, I presume," a deep voice says.

I smooth down my dark wig, to catch my breath. Then:

"Daredevil---fancy meeting you here."niiiiiiiiiice. :yeahbaby:

I literally sense an eyebrow lift under the mask.so, sooooo typically Lex.

"Let me get this straight---you get the costume and yet you don't know the name of the character?"ouch. good one, Chloe. that's my girl. :clapclap:

"He wanted me to go as myself."

"Boring?"

"No---the ladies wouldn't have left me alone.":rofl: couldn't be nearer to the truth. :rofl:

"You're trying to kill me with coldness," he whispers. "I don't get sick---you'll need a gun or maybe a plane crash."at first, i saw the humor behind this. but when i read it again, i think i detected a hint of bitterness. that plane crash and the bitch behind it somehow emotionally scarred him for life.

=====
sweet, lovely AU endings as always. damn girl! i *missed* you! :hug:

hfce
1st November 2005, 04:18
That was great Peg. :)

Hope :)

PMD
1st November 2005, 04:55
Hey Guys:

Teejei: Okay, here we go again with the wonderful world of quoting---hope I do just as well, sweetie. :)

1. Yeah, you were worried I wouldn't add another but I did, sweetie, just for you.

2. glad you liked the elektra/Daredevil meeting between the two---comes from just watching Elektra too---I love that movie, as much as I love the Daredevil one. Just thought that Chloe and Lex in that garb would be fun. :)

3. Heehee---ain't that the truth---Lex says so much with a lifted eyebrow, doesn't he. <g>

4. Yep, Chloe is still spunky, even to strangers. <g>

5. Something about Lex going as himself just might have him surrounded by women all night, I think. :) And maybe a line of men wanting to do him some harm. <g>

6. Awwww----you know, at first I put it in as humor but now with your comment, I can read more into it now and I never thought of it that way. Thank you for showing me what it really means, sweetie. I appreciate it--you learn something new everyday I guess. Glad you enjoyed the ending too. Now if you can come up with some more ideas for my AU How they never met series, I'm all ears. :)

Hope: Glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :)

Natasha
1st November 2005, 23:28
I enjoyed this story, so much. Good Job. ]
Natasha

PMD
2nd November 2005, 02:24
Hey Natasha:

Glad you enjoyed the story, sweetie. :)

starmoon
2nd November 2005, 18:45
great story i loved it. gabe building lex's security to keep his dad out is great and i love what lex said about dark haired women since it is true and he should stay with chloe because she will never hurt him and i loved the las thing chloe thinks it is sweet and i hope it will always be true.

PMD
2nd November 2005, 20:14
Hey Starmoon:

Glad you enjoyed the story, hon. :) And I've always believed in the brunette curse, when it came to Lex---just look at the evidence---Victoria, Carrie, Desiree, Helen and now, you know who. :: sigh :: I think he should have taken a chance with Chloe on the show but then, would I want her heart broken when he went bad? :( Okay, in fanfic, it's a great idea. :)

~*~Tasha~*~
14th June 2006, 18:52
Love love loved it Peggy.

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 18:25
two heroes united in every way thinkable

Ami Rose
2nd June 2013, 07:00
Lol awsome