PDA

View Full Version : Change for the Better (PG)

sweety167
20th October 2005, 09:38
Title: Change for the Better
By: Amanda
Rating: Nice Clean PG
Summary: Chloe contemplates a change. Slight Chlex.
Date Finished: January 25, 2003

Chloe stood in the aisle at the Main street drug store, her attention torn between two boxes. Lost in deliberation.
“Miss Sullivan,” Lex strided up and stood beside her.
She looked up from her task in surprise, what was Lex doing here, especially in the hair products aisle? She asked as much, “What brings you here?”
“Saw you, and thought it would be rude of me not to say hello,” he half smirked.
She raised an eyebrow and nodded, turning her attention back to the boxes of hair dye in her hands.
He circled around behind her, “What? No quip about me and my being rude?”
“sorry,” she shrugged, “I’ll have to owe you one.”
“Important decision?” he looked over her shoulder to see what had grasped hold of the young reporter’s attention so tightly.
She made an uncommitted sound, “Thinking of a change.”
Their eyes shifted between the two packages: Scully red or Near black?
Lex tapped the black box with a quizzical look on his face.
“One step closer to perfect,” she offered with a sad shrug to her slumped shoulders. Even the girl on the box looked like Lana Lang. Those brown eyes staring up at her from the glossy cardboard.
He snatched the package from her in displeasure, glaring at her over it, then back, “Why?”
She simply shrugged again. She wasn’t in the mood to discuss all this, not today.
“Personally, I’d say you were the near perfect one.”
She laughed at him, “How, on earth, do you figure that?”
“Well,” he looked back up at her, “You’re beautiful, smart, and ambitious.”
She blushed, mostly for the beautiful part but all the compliments made her shy, but tried desperately to hide it.
“You’ll be going places Chloe,” he continued, “For a girl with a brain…not to mention attitude like yours, all sorts of doors are open to you,” he looked at the box now. The cardboard face and plastic life, “And some people are just stuck in Smallville.”
Chloe was about to disagree, about the compliments, the opportunities, and the ones stuck, because no one else saw it that way but he spoke again.
“I pity them,” Lex was still staring at the picture on the box, “the ones who can’t see the value of a driven woman like you and go chasing some idealised image.”
Part of Chloe was convinced he was musing on about Clark and Lana, but maybe even a comment on every other guy who gushed over the typical Smallville Beauties.
He handed the package back to her, “Leave it blonde,” he winked and walked away just as suddenly as he had come over.

Chloe was alone again in the aisle. She looked back and fourth between the boxes again. Considering the two options for a new her. She smiled to herself, fluttering with an inflated sense of worth and straightened her stance. She re-shelved the hair dye, both boxes, and left the store laughing and shaking her head.

Lex watched her from his car as she walked away from the store, without a purchase. He was curious to see what won out in the girl’s mind and smiled with pleasant amusement at her choice. This hole-in-the-wall town just wouldn’t be the same without it’s resident smart, witty, beautiful blonde of a reporter.

End.

tigerbaby
20th October 2005, 13:10
Please enter in a rating in the topic title. Forum rules as well as fanfiction rules can be found here: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...ad.php?p=98128 (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=98128)

When you have added in a rating, it will be moved back into the active section.

sweety167
20th October 2005, 21:12
opps. My bad. Sorry.

Saint
21st October 2005, 12:51
That's lovely... just a wonderfully random moment of kindness. They're so underrated as they usually leave the recipient with a smile for quite some time. You've done it perfectly.

hfce
21st October 2005, 14:44
That was so good. I loved it. :)

Hope ;)

sweety167
21st October 2005, 18:30
Saint > Thank you so much. I'm glad you think it worked so well.

htce > Thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it! :D

Natasha
21st October 2005, 22:53
Very good. I liked it .
Natasha

sweety167
22nd October 2005, 05:55
Thanks Natasha. Glad you liked it.

starmoon
27th October 2005, 23:18
great story and i am glad that chloe listened to lex because she should just be her self and no one else for she is perfect just the way she is.

sweety167
28th October 2005, 07:43
Thank you Starmoon. And those were my thoughts exactly.