PDA

View Full Version : My Happy Ending - G - COMPLETE

teejei
19th October 2005, 06:19
Title: My Happy Ending
Rating: G
Pairing: Chloe/Lex...durr. As if i could write anything else.
Spoilers: From Magnetic up to Covenant
Disclaimer: Not mine. Will never be. Not making profits. Will return.
A/N: Chloe POV. A surprise visit by Mischa [my extremely stubborn, yet understanding Chlex muse] and LSS c/o Avril resulted in this...this...yeah, this. Please comment if i should continue or leave it as a one-shot.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Hey. It’s been a long while since the last time.

I know, I know. It was right before the trial and I should have posted something here about the evidence and especially Clark’s testimony. Yet it was all a blur after the judge banged his gavel and the cameras started flashing. Both sides of courtroom had its own highlights; Lionel handcuffed and surrounded by the press, I trapped in a Clark-sized bear-hug and left with only one of my hands free for Lex to hold on to.

Lex.

I think his face was the only thing that remained vivid to me. No, wait. It was his eyes. Everything you’d ever need to know and comprehend was in his eyes.

Like you were sheltered in an ice fortress. Protection.

Like you were staring up at a clear summer sky in the early afternoon. Collaboration.

Like you were falling deep into the ocean. Love?

Oh, it couldn’t mean that, right? Who am I kidding? Myself. That’s right, only myself. I’ve relied on illusions long enough, and I’m not about to start on a whole new batch. But…

Could it…Is it even remotely possible?!

What about that time when we’d sit so close together in his study? You know, when we’d both read the documents I brought that day? Or when he’d lean ever so slightly as our arms brushed each other as I reached for another stack of papers? There were also those long hours with him hovering over my shoulder as I searched online databases and hacked repeatedly through Luthorcorp’s various cyber roadblocks. The arm around the same shoulder as he walks me to the door each night. And the very very VERY rare hugs after particularly ‘informative’ days! They do count for something, right? Right?!

Ugh. Back to reality, Chloe. Lex Luthor is out of your league. You’re blonde, AND want to be a reporter. It’s doomed right from the start.

*sigh*

So much for my happy ending.

=====
This took longer to post than to write. :P

hfce
19th October 2005, 14:38
Man you had me going there. I thought she would get her happy ending.
:(

Hope ;)

PMD
19th October 2005, 21:49
Teejei---a very bittersweet, intuitive piece on Lex through Chloe's eyes. Now if she could understand that Lex's league of women are very dangerous to his heart and health. <g> Thanks for writing this, sweetie.

Zannie
19th October 2005, 21:50
Very nice little character moment. It seems very in keeping with possible responses and feelings of Chloe's in that context, and you capture it very well in a brief little snippet.

I think the end is realistic--at least from Chloe's perspective--but we all know more than she does about how good she and Lex could be together. So she might not think a happy ending is possible, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be one. Thus I take the end as ironic on more than one level.

Thanks for posting.

Donutte
19th October 2005, 21:59
That was a sweet little story... Kinda sad, but believable... Chloe never seems to get her happy ending... But, we can always hope :)

starmoon
28th October 2005, 19:07
Teejei---a very bittersweet, intuitive piece on Lex through Chloe's eyes. Now if she could understand that Lex's league of women are very dangerous to his heart and health. <g> Thanks for writing this, sweetie.

it is bittersweet and i wish for once on the show chloe would get a happy ending like she does in some stories. chloe deserves to be happy with whoever she chooses and with her life.

Ami Rose
19th July 2012, 02:40
Need a happy ending... please