PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] First Meet (Rating: PG-13)

Donutte
19th October 2005, 03:19
Ok, mind you, I'm typing this, here and now; it's very spur of the moment... This requires that you pretend you know nothing of Smallville, lol... Hope you like :)

Rating: Just in case, I'm saying PG-13...
Disclaimers: Still don't own anyone or anything, other than the words being typed now...

"First Meet"

Chloe was working yet another night at the Torch. Thank goodness the principal allows me here at night, thought Chloe, otherwise I'd never get this stuff done. She failed in an attempt to stifle a yawn as she put the finishing touches. She finished off her espresso and threw away the cup, then picked up her things to head home. She locked up the Torch for the night, and headed out the door toward the parking lot.

Chloe walked toward the area where her car was parked. Being the only one left in the lot, she could clearly see the dimness of her headlights. Oh no!!, she thought, realizing that she had left her headlights on for the last few hours. She had gone for a short drive to get something to eat, but never turned the lights off apparently.

"Damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN!!" cursed Chloe, stomping toward her car. She tried the remote alarm, but without the battery in the car working, the alarm wouldn't work either. Thank goodness we still use keys, she thought to herself. She opened up the trunk of her car, only to realize that, despite the fact she had jumper cables, there was no one else around.

"What a day to forget my cell," Chloe said aloud, as she leaned against her car, succumbing to the misery of knowing she'd be spending the night there. She was there thinking for what felt like hours, when she saw a pair of headlights turn into the parking lot. Chloe wasn't sure whether to be relieved or frightened. She decided to put on a brave face, and hope to God this wasn't some serial killer or the like.

Choosing to believe that fate sent her help, Chloe straightened up and began to wave her arms in an attempt to catch the attention of this stranger. Apparently, her actions succeeded, because the car began to turn toward her. Fear and anxiety caused her heart to beat faster as the car pulled up and was turned off. A tall, bald-headed, yet strangely handsome gentleman came out of the car. Must be rich, Chloe thought, looking at his car and his attire. This reverie snapped the fear out of her and caused her to smile slightly.

"Can I help you?" asked the stranger, in a soft and gentle voice.

"My battery died," Chloe said flatly, and in a voice she found to be slightly squeaky. The man smiled, got back into his car, and pulled it up so it was flush with hers. He then knowingly took the jumper cables, attached them to both cars, and started his car. Chloe stood there, waiting, anticipating.

"You can start your car now, miss," said the stranger after some time had passed. Chloe hopped into her car and started it. The roar of the engine coming to life made her happier than she'd ever been. The stranger saw the smile on her face, and a subtle one appeared of his own.

"How can I re-pay you?" a very grateful Chloe asked. She knew he didn't need, nor probably want, money. But she wanted to thank him, somehow.

"Would you like to go for coffee?" he asked. "My treat? It would be nice to have company for a change."

"That sounds great! I would love some coffee myself," Chloe said, somewhat relieved. "By the way, I'm Chloe. What's your name, if I may ask."

The stranger merely smirked and said, "Lex. Lex Luthor."

The End (?)

tigerbaby
19th October 2005, 04:07
Please enter in a rating in the topic title. Forum rules as well as fanfiction rules can be found here: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=98128

When you have added in a rating, it will be moved back into the active section.

Natasha
19th October 2005, 05:07
I really liked your story. Is there going to be a contiunation to this? If not I still liked the ending.

Natasha

Donutte
19th October 2005, 05:43
No, not on this one... At least not as of yet... Let me ponder that one, lol :)

teejei
19th October 2005, 07:25
i think it's already great as a one-shot.

but when did our muses ever not dictate over our fanfic lives? :P

hfce
19th October 2005, 14:29
That was cute. I liked it. :)

Hope :)

JosiCuervo
19th October 2005, 16:35
"How can I re-pay you?" a very grateful Chloe asked. She knew he didn't need, nor probably want, money. But she wanted to thank him, somehow.
Uh…I ‘spose a quicky in the backseat would be presumptuous…? Heheh…

Very nice Do’! Short and sweet. One thing, though...do you think Lex even knows what jumper cables are, never mind how to actually use them? I know – irrelevant, pointless question, but I couldn’t resist. And I’d certainly let him jump me. Heh. So…where’s the rest? :blinkkiss

Donutte
19th October 2005, 17:51
*ahem* Not sure if there will be a "the rest" - yet... However, like I said, you have to pretend you know nothing of SV while reading this... And, I think Lex is smarter than you give him credit, dear Josi... *rubs hands together wickedly*

JosiCuervo
19th October 2005, 18:16
And, I think Lex is smarter than you give him credit, dear Josi... *rubs hands together wickedly*
Hrmph...I seriously doubt Lex is smarter than I give him credit for cause if he was he'd be right here...betwixt my thighs. :yeahbaby:

WoOt!
ETA: Feel free to write that in...

Donutte
19th October 2005, 18:40
Hrmph...I seriously doubt Lex is smarter than I give him credit for cause if he was he'd be right here...betwixt my thighs. :yeahbaby:

WoOt!
ETA: Feel free to write that in...

(regarding bolded part) Are you referring to Lex or the Rosenboner? :yeahbaby:

Hmmm, writing that in... I'll have to remember that now...

buddyfozzy
19th October 2005, 18:48
This was very sweet. Great job! I hope you decide too continue this. :grin:

Donutte
19th October 2005, 19:51
Am seriously considering it, what with the feedback and all...

PMD
19th October 2005, 21:43
Oh honey, this piece was incredible. It gave me a big smile on a very dull day here. Thanks for writing it.

Donutte
19th October 2005, 21:50
*ahem*

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimers - Don't own any of the characters or names.

First Meet - Part 2

Chloe and this new friend took their respective cars to a coffee shop outside of town. Lex had said it was the best coffee in the world. Chloe, who considered herself the biggest coffee lover in the world, said that she just had to try this new place. So, she followed him to this little cafe, and pulled into the parking lot next to him. Thank goodness for late-night cafes, she thought to herself. They both got out of their cars, and Lex, who had slightly raced ahead of Chloe, held the door for her. She smiled as she made a mental note, and went into the cafe, followed by this stranger named Lex Luthor.

"So, tell me, uh, Mr. Luthor," Chloe said to Lex, after they had placed their orders, "Do you often troll high school parking lots at night?" She ended her question with a smirk.

Lex began his answer with his own smirk. "I saw you standing there, looking so forlorn, and thought something might be wrong," he started. "Apparently, I was right."

"Please, don't think I'm not grateful, Mr. Luthor," she replied back. "I just found it odd. I'm am very GLAD you were there this evening." More than you will ever know, she thought to herself.

Lex nodded slightly his agreement. "I can see where it would appear odd. And, please, it's Lex. Only my employees call me Mr. Luthor; even then I can't stand it."

Chloe quirked an eyebrow at his statement. "Ok then, Lex," she emphasized. "You have your own employees?"

Lex uncharacteristically blushed slightly at her question. "Well, technically, they are my father's employees. If you really want to get technical, so am I. But, I am in charge of the Smallville branch of Luthorcorp," Lex stated, as he sipped at the coffee that just arrived.

Chloe, in the process of taking a sip of her own coffee, stopped suddenly. D'oh! she thought. How could I not realize that he was Lex Luthor of Luthercorp? Upon realizing her non-realization, she continued to finish the sip she started.

"You ok? You looked a little; flustered; for a moment.." Lex queried.

"Oh, it's nothing, just something I realized," Chloe said. "So you are Lex Luthor of Luthorcorp. I had no idea. You look so.. young," she finished, obviously eyeing him up and down.

Chloe's observing did not go un-noticed by this young man. "Yes, I'm 25; a lot of people think Lex Luthor is some old geezer when they hear he's bald." Then, stifling a giggle, he said to Chloe, "Do you like what you see?"

Chloe spit out the coffee in her mouth, lest she'd have choked on it. Coffee, all over Lex's white shirt. Lex couldn't help but laugh slightly as he looked down at his shirt and picked up a napkin. "Oh my God, Lex, I am so sorry!" Chloe couldn't help but turn her head in embarrassment, though her flushing cheeks gave her away.

"That's quite alright, Chloe. I have many shirts. I also have a good dry cleaner," he said with a smile. Chloe breathed a small sigh of relief, still embarrassed, but not quite as much. Lex looked straight at Chloe. "Seriously, it really is ok." He punctuated his statement with a smile to prove he meant what he said. Chloe and Lex continued to drink their coffee in silence.

It was Lex's turn to look Chloe up and down. Chloe couldn't reist. "So, do you like what you see, Lex?"

Lex only replied, very slyly, "I'll answer that when you answer my question, Chloe."

To be continued... (?)

PMD
20th October 2005, 01:10
Oh yeah---the Lex we know and love---the gentleman who saves damsels in need. :) This was wonderful, sweetie. Please, please, please, continue. :)

Donutte
20th October 2005, 01:32
*blush* thanks :)

Louie
20th October 2005, 05:13
so cute - in the best way. Now that you've started going you must go on

hfce
20th October 2005, 14:41
Yes like everyone says you must go on. I love it. If you continue you might want to pm the moderator and let them know this is no longer a short story. :D

Donutte
20th October 2005, 15:10
Where to put it though? That is the question... I have no clue where it is going... I am literally typing it in the post box; not typing it ahead of time... I just add when the urge hits... Where would be a good place?

ETA: Moved to general stories... Now to think more of what I want for later, lol...

Part 3 - First Meet

Chloe was frozen. She didn't quite know what to say. You're a gorgeous man; more gorgeous than I possibly could have imagined, were the words she was thinking. But she couldn't quite get them out.

"Did you just realize something again?" asked Lex, laughter somewhat hidden in his voice.

This snapped Chloe out of her reverie. "Huh?" Oh, GAWD, Chloe. You're a reporter with a rather large vocabulary, and all you can come up with is "Huh?", she thought to herself, shaking her head slightly.

"Well, the last time you looked flustered, you said it was because you had just realized something," Lex replied, cool as a cucumber, but totally cracking up inside at Chloe's reactions.

"Umm, well, I guess I just don't really know how to answer the question," Chloe replied, beginning to regain her composure. She sat up, very straight, and said, "I think you're a good-looking man."

Lex's eyebrows raised upon hearing that. "Wow, for some reason I wasn't expecting that," he said, somewhat in disbelief.

"Did you expect me to say you were ugly?" asked Chloe, laughing inside herself now.

"Uh, no!" exclaimed Lex. He straightend up himself, then said, "I suppose I'm not used to people being so blatantly honest. I deal with a lot of dishonest people, so when I happen upon one of the rare honest people, it comes as a shock."

Chloe nodded her head in understanding. "So are you going to answer my question, Lex?"

Lex looked up at Chloe and, without hesitation, said, "I think you are beautiful. The moment I saw you, I couldn't take my eyes off of you."

Chloe blushed. Red as a beet. The words would not come to her.

Lex continued, "You were the proverbial damsel in distress, and I was honored to be your knight in shining armor. I wouldn't say that to just anyone. That is the truth. It is true, I saw you, and you looked upset, and that was why I went into the parking lot in the first place. However, you were so gorgeous; I had to get to know you better, to see if my intuition had led me astray or not."

Chloe's cheeks became less flushed as Lex said this to her. Her mouth was open slightly in astonishment; astonishment that he would want to get to know her. Who would want to get to know ME? she thought. Lex does. She smiled at that last thought.

To be continued... (?)

asharnanae
20th October 2005, 23:21
smile!!!

Love it, MORE

Louie
21st October 2005, 01:38
awww, just what a girl wants to hear

Natasha
21st October 2005, 02:43
thanks for the update. And you should continue, this is turning out so good.
Natasha

darkangel
21st October 2005, 03:09
Continue soon

hfce
21st October 2005, 03:33
I am so glad you update it. I loved it.

Donutte
21st October 2005, 03:52
:D

Seriously, I am loving writing this one... I wing it, and I never know what's gonna happen until I actually write it... Which happens to be the same time as I post it...

Rating - PG-13
Disclaimers - don't own 'em still
Part 4 - First Meet

Chloe watched in slight disbelief as a warm hand was placed over her own. Time seemed to slow down to almost a halt. She had heard about "electricity" between people, but always thought of it as another metaphor. No, she thought, I felt that, referring to the tingle that went throughout her upon his touch, causing that warm feeling she suddenly had. She savoured this moment; ah, yes, she could stay in this moment forever, wrapped in this warm feeling. She suddenly heard a voice say her name, snapping her back into the now.

"Chloe?" Lex asked, a slight expression of worry on his features.

"Um, yeah?" was all Chloe could say, still trying to wake up from that wonderful dreamworld she had to have been in.

"Are you ok, you seemed to space out on me for a moment," he replied. Oh, that is so sweet! Chloe thought with a smile, he was worried! "I'm glad to see you're ok," Lex said, smiling himself again. Chloe was lost in his smile, his face; everything about him.

Chloe sighed a sigh of contentment. The logical side of her said, Stop it, Chloe! There's no such thing as love at first sight! However, the not-so-logical part, which seemed to be winning her over, said Oh yes, I DO believe in love at first sight, because I'm in love now. "Tell me more about yourself, Lex."

"What do you want to know?" he asked.

"Anything. Everything," was her reply, punctuated by a smile.

"I would bore you to death," he said. You could never bore me, Lex, were her only thoughts.

"I seriously doubt that," she said back. She thought for a moment before continuing, then said, "Have you ever been in love?"

Lex gasped ever so slightly in surprise at her bold question. To the point. Honest. I think I could be in love with you, he thought to himself. "Well, if you REALLY want to know..."

To be continued (?)

Donutte
24th October 2005, 00:39
Disclaimers: Nope, still don't own 'em...
Part 5 - First Meet

Chloe snapped up straight when she heard Lex utter those words.

"What, did I say something?" Lex said, a smirk appearing on his face.

Regaining her composure, Chloe replied, "You were just about to tell me if you were ever in love before." Oh my God, thought Chloe, I've never lost control of myself this much before; what's come over me?

Lex's smirk remained in place as he said, "Yes, I was in love quite recently, actually," nodding his head ever so slightly at the thought.

"Really?" Chloe said. "What happened?" No, no, no, no, NO Chloe!!! She mentally berated herself for asking that, but it was too late to take it back.

"Of course. Haven't you ever been in love?" Lex asked.

Chloe blushed, and replied, "Yes; once. But he's in love with someone else," with a sigh of resignation. "He's my best friend. I've loved him since we met; I probably will always love him on some level. But, he is not the one for me, obviously," she finished, punctuating her sentence with a nervous giggle.

Lex's smirk quickly changed to a frown. "I'm.. sorry, Chloe." D'oh! That was stupid.

"It's not your fault," Chloe said, smiling slightly, despite the not-so-pleasant feeling she had in admitting her love for Clark Kent. "It happens," she finished with a slight shrug.

"Well, considering you were so open with me," Lex said, "I guess it's only fair I be open with you, no?"

Chloe interrupted, "Oh, Lex, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to!"

"I know that Chloe." Lex continued, "It was very recently; if you consider the last year or two recent. I've been married twice, and both marriages failed because, deep down, I really knew they weren't the ones for me. Then I realized who the one for me was. However, I don't know if we can be together. I suppose my hope is, one day, she will recognize my love for her."

"That is so romantic, Lex," Chloe said. "Any girl would be a fool not to be in love with you."

"I suppose you never know, do you?" Lex replied, the smirk back on his face. He snuck a look at his watch, and said, "Hey, are you doing something later tonight? Being a Friday night and all, you probably are..."

Chloe's face lit up. "Actually, I was just going to go home. What makes you ask?"

"Weeeeeell," Lex started, "I was wondering if you would like to go see a movie at that little theater we passed on the way here. I think there is a movie starting soon. I know I wanted to do something different, and I've not been to the movies in a long time."

Chloe's heart went pitter-patter as she said, "Lex, I'd love to," trying hard not to sound too excited. The two then got up and headed out the door.

To be continued... (?)

Louie
24th October 2005, 01:17
Their both being quiet forward, for them. Is there another woman, or is Lex just trying to cover his butt?

Donutte
24th October 2005, 01:32
Actually, I'm not even sure... This is a very new style for me (winging it)... The story changes with my moods... And, like I said, you kinda have to have an open mind with this one, lol... It's going to follow SV's storyline somewhat, but a lot of it I changed... Personally, I don't think Lex is referring to another woman, IMO :P

Sandy
24th October 2005, 02:28
Hey Donutte. You get around don't you? I see you at DTS, and here.. and at michaelrosenbaum.com.. where else?! lol... I'm lex_mr_hottie at DTS... and musicalwriter at mr.com... anyway lovely story. My favorite hightlights:

Lex nodded slightly his agreement. "I can see where it would appear odd. And, please, it's Lex. Only my employees call me Mr. Luthor; even then I can't stand it."
That sounds like something he'd say.

"That is so romantic, Lex," Chloe said. "Any girl would be a fool not to be in love with you."

That is so true! IMO

PPMS! :)

hfce
24th October 2005, 02:37
I dont think so either. I think he is refering to Chloe. :D

Hope ;)

Donutte
24th October 2005, 02:57
Hey Donutte. You get around don't you? I see you at DTS, and here.. and at michaelrosenbaum.com.. where else?! lol... I'm lex_mr_hottie at DTS... and musicalwriter at mr.com...

:blink: I've not been to DTS in what seems forever, lol... And I'm a mod on the MRMB, so yeah, I'm there a lot... Will have to look for you as "musicalwriter"!

Thanks for the feedback *blush*... I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hfce, ah, will be interesting to see how the tide turns, eh? I'm looking forward to it myself!

Donutte
26th October 2005, 00:28
Disclaimers: *see last five parts*
Part 6 - First Meet

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Chloe jumped in her seat and grabbed Lex's hand really tight, her other hand stifling her own scream, as the girl in the movie screamed in terror. She was hesitant to see a horror movie, but Lex had for some reason insisted. She had seen enough of horror to last her a lifetime, what with all the meteor mutants running around Smallville. She felt Lex squeeze her hand back, reassuring her it was okay. She heard him chuckle ever so slightly when her body involuntarily shook when the monster suddenly jumped in front of the girl in the movie. If not for the look of terror on Chloe's face, she would have given Lex a dirty look. She had to admit, having him hold her hand made her feel so protected. Something she didn't often feel, unless Clark was around. Upon this epiphany, she eyed Lex with a slight smile before returning her attention to the movie.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Chloe was snapped out of her reverie as she jumped fully out of her seat this time, noticing Lex's hand fly up to his mouth to stifle the burst of laughter that threatened to escape. Chloe was practically hyperventilating from the sudden rushes of adrenaline that had assaulted her body, but she still noticed how tickled he was at her reactions. She took note of that as they continued to watch.

As Lex and Chloe exited the theater, Lex momentarily put his hand on her shoulder before they parted to get in their respective seats in the car. Chloe smiled as he walked toward the driver's seat. His warm hand on her shoulder just felt so good; the term "warm and fuzzy" came to her mind.

"Where are we off to now?" Chloe asked.

Lex checked the LED display in the car. "It's after midnight, Chloe. You mean you're that wide awake that you want to still go out?"

"Lex, after seeing that movie, I have more adrenaline than I've ever had in my entire life," Chloe said, smirking as Lex giggled to himself.

"Well," Lex started, "Are you hungry?"

Chloe had to laugh as her stomach rumbled in response. "Does that answer your question?" she asked, pointing to her noisy stomach.

Lex's stomach rumbled at that moment, making them both laugh. "Well, we went for coffee and a movie, but no food. I'd say dinner is most definitely in order."

"Then, dinner it is!" said Chloe, very happily. All of a sudden, Lex leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek, then proceeded to head for the restaurant.

To be continued... (?)

hfce
26th October 2005, 02:04
That was cute. :wub:

Louie
26th October 2005, 02:31
what's with the question mark there should be no questioning the continued writing of this story ;)

gecko
27th October 2005, 09:58
very cute, please continue

Donutte
27th October 2005, 19:35
Disclaimers: Don't own 'em; though I'd love to have Lex :P
Part 7 - First Meet

Chloe's hand involuntarily moved up to the cheek that Lex had just kissed, as he pulled the car out of the parking lot. He kissed me, she thought to herself. That was all she could think for a long time.

"Something wrong?" Lex asked, looking over at Chloe for a moment.

"Um, what?" Chloe replied, snapped out of her moment. "Oh! Nothing's wrong!" Suddenly realizing she had her hand on her cheek, she removed it and clasped it with the other one, resting in her lap. Chloe sat there in silent awe, not sure what to say.

"You know, I never thought of you as the Burger King type, Lex," Chloe said as she took a bite of her cheeseburger. They had gone through the drive-through of a Burger King, since they couldn't find a place that was open other than that. Lex then drove to the park nearby, where they sat, eating in his car.

"What did you think, Chloe?" he asked back, before taking a bite of his own cheeseburger.

Chloe, a lot more relaxed than she had been earlier, replied, "I don't really know. I never really thought about it I guess; not till now anyway," she said with a smile. "I guess, perhaps, I thought of you as eating at posh restaurants, ordering people around, the finest champagne, sushi, caviar. Not a burger, fries and a Coke!"

Lex nodded his agreement, as he swallowed the last bite of his cheeseburger. "I do often go to posh restaurants, order those food items. I would like to hope I don't order people around though," he said, a slight chuckle at the end of his sentence. "However, sometimes, a burger, fries and a Coke are just perfect. Although I would have preferred to take you to one of those plush restaurants you talked about, and ordered all of those things for you."

Chloe choked slightly as she tried hard to swallow. She turned bright red at what he had said. Trying to regain her composure while coughing, she said, "Lex, I never would have expected that!"

"I know you wouldn't," he said. "It would have been nice though."

Chloe nodded her agreement, finishing off her Coke. She sat back and relaxed in her seat. She pondered the safety of her car, having left it at the movie theater. She looked up into the sky. It was full of stars. "Lex, look at the sky, isn't it beautiful tonight?"

Not as beautiful as you are, Lex thought. He looked up into the sky, leaning towards her slightly, and said, "It's gorgeous. You just don't see skies like this in Metropolis."

"No, I suppose you wouldn't," Chloe said back dreamily, not oblivious to the fact that Lex had moved closer. She turned her head around to face him, and said, "Lex, I.. " Chloe's words were cut off when Lex leaned towards her even more and kissed her fully on the lips.

To be continued...

hfce
27th October 2005, 20:00
No you didn't just stop there? I want more darn you. ;)

Hope

Sandy
27th October 2005, 20:01
Aww... so cute. ppms! Actually musicalwriter was a name I have on a different bored. Oops... hehe. My name on MR is hiden_music. :D

Donutte
27th October 2005, 20:04
hiden_music, I think I remember you... :)

I have to ask (stupid question) what is ppms? Makes me think of "pms" lol...

hfce, sorry, I'm mean that way, aren't I? :P Don't worry, there will be more soon :)

asharnanae
27th October 2005, 20:12
damn, I really love this story. Its great to have something enherently hopeful. Its just really hitting the spot, my psychi wise.

please keep it up. :)

Natasha
28th October 2005, 05:58
Loved the update. But, now you left at such a good part.
Natasha

darkangel
29th October 2005, 20:01
Great going. Continue soon.

Donutte
30th October 2005, 01:10
I must say, I heart you guys so much... I come home from work and see your comments and feel all mmm mmm inside now... I'm feelin' the heartin' :)

Rating: PG
Disclaimers: How I wish I owned them, but I don't...
Part 8 - First Meet

To Chloe's shock, she found herself, kissing Lex back, with as much feeling as he was kissing her; if not more. He had a firm, yet gentle, hold on her face as he kissed her. Slowly, perhaps with a bit of uncertainty, Chloe noted, he moved his arms down around her waist. Shortly thereafter, their lips parted ways.

"Chloe, I'm sorry," Lex said, slightly out of breath, as well as shocked at his own indiscretion.

Chloe, whose hand involuntarily moved up to touch her lips for a moment, replied, "Don't be sorry!" She blushed slightly as she realized she almost shouted the words.

"I don't know what came over me," Lex said, still shaking his head in disbelief. "We only just met tonight."

Chloe, was definitely the calmer of the two, to her own surprise. With a small attempt at humor, she said, "Well, that is kinda your style... "

Lex, a shocked look on his face, replied, "Is that what you think? Is that what you see?"

"No! Not at all, Lex! I was merely trying to lighten your mood," Chloe said, a regretful tone to her voice.

Lex took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself. "I'm sorry I burst out. I guess I'm just shocked. At myself, that is. You are right; my reputation precedes me." Lex shook his head, deep in thought. "But you are better than that, Chloe. You're better than me."

"Your reputation doesn't include feeling sorry for yourself," Chloe said with a smile, bring her hand up to caress Lex's cheek. Lex finally smiled slightly. "Ahhh I knew there had to be something to make you smile again, Lex."

Lex just stared at Chloe for a few moments before saying, "How was I lucky enough to find you stranded by your car in the parking lot tonight?"

Chloe merely replied, rhetorically, "How was I lucky enough to have you find me?" Upon saying that, Lex picked up Chloe's hand and held it in his own. With her other hand, Chloe grabbed Lex's head to bring it toward hers, and she gave him a small, but warm kiss.

Pulling into the parking lot of the theater where Chloe's car had been parked a good part of the night, both she and Lex were silent, both in their own respective worlds, with similar thoughts. He pulled the car up next to hers, and they both exited. Lex walked over to where Chloe stood, and gave Chloe a warm embrace.

Green eyes staring into blue eyes, Chloe asked a simple question. "So, is this good-bye, Lex; or good-night?"

To be continued...

hfce
30th October 2005, 01:20
Is Hello and lets go to bed. Heeee sorry I thought I could add that in there. I loved this update. I can't wait until more.

kimmie
30th October 2005, 01:32
I definitely like the "hello and lets go to bed" option!!! But if that can't happen the I'll settle for "Goodnight".

Nice Update, but I want more, please, please, please!!!

Kimmie

Donutte
2nd November 2005, 02:15
OMG, I am so sorry it took so long to update! I was updating this every day for awhile, and it's been four days now!! RL has been a pain in my ass lately...

Disclaimers: *insert clever way of saying I do not own Smallville, the characters thereof, nor the locations stated in said show*
Part 9 - First Meet

(the next evening)

Chloe was working another late night at the Torch; even later than the night before. She didn't have any coffee tonight though, which she thought was just cruel. "Damn stupid coffee machine.. " she muttered to herself. Yawning profusely, Chloe locked the door on the Torch office, and headed toward the exit.

As Chloe made her way to her car in the parking lot, she couldn't help but find herself hoping that her battery died again. When she got to her car, she opened the car door with her remote key. No such luck, Chloe said to herself, sighing. She got into the car, locked the door, and picked up her cell phone, which she had left in her car. She saw there was one phone call. She looked to see who it was that had called, only to discover it was from an anonymous caller. She looked to see if there was a voicemail left. There was one voicemail indicated. Quirking her eyebrow in confusion, she called her voicemail service to see who this anonymous caller was.

"Hi Chloe, it's Lex. I just wanted to, uh, know if you cared to dine with me at the mansion this evening. Let me know."

"Damn, Lex, how the hell am I supposed to let you know; I don't even have your email address, much less your phone number!!" she said aloud in angry frustration after hearing the voicemail. She slumped against the back of her seat. I could have had dinner with Lex tonight, if I had just taken the stupid cell with me, she thought to herself unhappily. Suddenly, a thought came to her mind. Without another thought, she decided to act on it. She put the car into gear and maneuvered her way out of the parking lot.

"Luthor Residence," said the voice on the intercom.

"I, um... " Chloe started, unsure of what to really say. "I'm here to see Lex Luthor," she finally said, putting on a professional air about herself.

"May I ask who wishes to see Mr. Luthor at this hour?" said the voice, a slight tone of arrogance, possibly irritation as well, Chloe thought.

"Tell Mr. Luthor that Ms. Sullivan is here to see him," she said simply. Then nothing. At first, Chloe was petrified. D'oh! I shouldn't have come here! However, before she was even able to finish her thought, the gates that had previously been closed to her were slowly opening. With a smile, Chloe proceeded through the gates.

"This way, Ms. Sullivan," said the man who had met Chloe at her car. He was guiding her to Lex's study, where he was working at the moment.

"Are you sure I'm not interrupting him?" Chloe asked, not wanting to bother him.

"Mr. Luthor was adamant that we let you in, so I'm sure that you aren't interrupting him," said the man. However, he thought to himself, Booty call. "He's right in there, Ms. Sullivan," he said, pointing a slightly ajar door. "Go right on in." On that note, the man turned around and left Chloe. She opened the door gingerly, and smiled when she saw him look up upon her entrance.

"Please, Chloe, come in."

To be continued...

Louie
2nd November 2005, 02:46
security gaurds in smallville stuff always make me laugh.

Natasha
2nd November 2005, 03:18
Wonderful update. I am intrigued to find out what's going to, happens next.

Natasha

hfce
2nd November 2005, 07:02
Yeah there is more right? I want more... ;)

Donutte
3rd November 2005, 19:04
A/N: I just wanted to say to those of you who have followed this story through, I thank you. It was you guys who drove me to continue the story. However, I feel the story has come to the point where it must be concluded. This story was in itself an experiment, and I consider it a successful one. I appreciate your support throughout the story, and again, thank you for being my driving force :)

Part 10 - First Meet (conclusion)

Chloe walked through the door into Lex's study, still somewhat unsure of whether or not she should be there. Lex motioned for her to sit across from him on the sofa.

"How are you doing, Chloe?" Lex asked, sounding a bit unsure himself.

"I'm good," she replied. "I got your message this evening, but you didn't even leave a number. How did you expect me to call you back?" Chloe asked.

"I figured you would find a way around it," he said with a smirk.

"How did you get my number, anyway, Lex?" Chloe asked, a wondering look on her face.

"Well, I guess you could say I had something up my sleeve," he merely replied.

"Come again?"

"Well, I was slightly shocked last night when we parted to find a tiny piece of paper with a phone number written on it, literally up my sleeve," he said, smiling.

Chloe couldn't help but blush. "I was wondering if you would even find it, or if it would fall out before you had a chance to read it."

"Well, I did find it. There was no name on it though, so I decided to look it up." Upon the confused look on Chloe's face, Lex continued, "I do know how to use the Internet."

"Well, of course you do," Chloe said, fumbling her words slightly in embarrassment.

"I was planning on looking up your phone number today anyway," Lex replied.

"You were?" Chloe asked, very surprised. "I mean, you still wanted to talk to me? For some reason, I had the impression that it was good-bye."

"No," Lex said, shaking his head slightly. He then leaned in closer toward her and said, "Chloe, I've never had as much fun as I did with you last night. You made me feel alive; like I wasn't just some drone put on this planet to conduct business transactions. I felt a connection with you last night. One that I've never felt before. And, let me tell you, I'm not one for pick-up lines, so don't think I'm just telling you this and not meaning it. I am quite sincere. There is a, hmm, darkness, in my life, Chloe. You are the light beckoning me out of the darkness. I noticed that a long time ago. You make me not take the world so seriously last night, Chloe. I went all over with a coffee-stained shirt and didn't give one damn about it. When we parted, I realized that I.. " Lex halted, trying to find the right words. "I found that I was already missing you."

Chloe had tears in her eyes at Lex's statement. "I don't know what to say, Lex," was all she could blurt out at the momet.

"Chloe, say that.. That you'll go out with me tonight," Lex said simply.
Then, with a thoughtful look on his face, he said, "Say you'll go out with me tonight and tomorrow night and every night after that."

"What are you saying, Lex?" Chloe asked, a confused look on her face on the outside, but bursting with joy on the inside.

"I know, I know, we just met. But I have seen you before. I have been enamored of you since I first saw you at the Talon a year ago. Yes, Chloe, I knew of you. I didn't know your name, or anything else about you. I just knew how much you loved coffee. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you. Your energy, your sweetness, your brightness; everything about you made me fall in love with you. I figured I was probably too old for you, or you would think you were too young. I've found love knows no boundaries, though. That is why I knew, if I called you and didn't leave a number, you would still find a way to get in touch wtih me. You were bold with my guards. I have to admit, that made me laugh. But it made me respect you all the more for sticking to your guns and not retreating at the first sign of defeat. Some people would have been intimidated; you weren't." Lex grabbed Chloe's hands in his before continuing. "I love you Chloe."

Chloe felt as thought she were in some dream world, afraid to say anything, lest she'd wake up. Finally, she said, "I love you too, Lex. I don't know what it is. You have this.. aura.. about you. You can put on a cold and hard face, but inside, you are sweet, caring, loving. You were my knight in shining armor last night. The more I talked with you, the more I began to care about you and who you were. I knew I was in love with you before we ever left the cafe. I never thought I could love anyone else, but I was wrong, because I love you," she said, tears of happiness flowing from her eyes.

"I just have one question for you, Chloe," Lex said, as he leaned down to grab a red velvet box. Opening it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring, he asked, "Will you be the love of my life forever, Chloe? Will you marry me?"

Too happy to actually speak, Chloe nodded yes as Lex slipped the ring on third finger of her left hand. It was a perfect fit. Just like they were.

The End

hfce
3rd November 2005, 20:39
Aww that was a sweet and sappy ending. :wub:

Hope ;)

planetcal
3rd November 2005, 21:15
That was a great happy ending for Chloe and Lex.

Donutte
3rd November 2005, 21:20
LOL, I admit, it was sappy... But yes, I wanted to give them a happy ending :)

Sandy
26th November 2005, 04:52
I finally caught up with your story! Gah! Anyways,... I LOVED IT! Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love this part:

"I know, I know, we just met. But I have seen you before. I have been enamored of you since I first saw you at the Talon a year ago. Yes, Chloe, I knew of you. I didn't know your name, or anything else about you. I just knew how much you loved coffee. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you. Your energy, your sweetness, your brightness; everything about you made me fall in love with you. I figured I was probably too old for you, or you would think you were too young. I've found love knows no boundaries, though. That is why I knew, if I called you and didn't leave a number, you would still find a way to get in touch wtih me. You were bold with my guards. I have to admit, that made me laugh. But it made me respect you all the more for sticking to your guns and not retreating at the first sign of defeat. Some people would have been intimidated; you weren't." Lex grabbed Chloe's hands in his before continuing. "I love you Chloe."

Chloe felt as thought she were in some dream world, afraid to say anything, lest she'd wake up. Finally, she said, "I love you too, Lex. I don't know what it is. You have this.. aura.. about you. You can put on a cold and hard face, but inside, you are sweet, caring, loving. You were my knight in shining armor last night. The more I talked with you, the more I began to care about you and who you were. I knew I was in love with you before we ever left the cafe. I never thought I could love anyone else, but I was wrong, because I love you," she said, tears of happiness flowing from her eyes.

"I just have one question for you, Chloe," Lex said, as he leaned down to grab a red velvet box. Opening it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring, he asked, "Will you be the love of my life forever, Chloe? Will you marry me?"

Too happy to actually speak, Chloe nodded yes as Lex slipped the ring on third finger of her left hand. It was a perfect fit. Just like they were.

Sigh....... *swoons* :)

starmoon
2nd December 2005, 15:52
great story i loved every bit of it.

~*~Tasha~*~
3rd May 2008, 08:39
A nice, sweet and sappy ending. I needed that bit of pick me up. Nicely done.

Donutte
20th July 2008, 03:45

I've not been around in awhile. RL and what-not. Trying to reconnect again though, even if just a little.

persephone47
6th September 2008, 22:00
Short but sweet... then I realised the first part was not the end *heads off to read the rest*

Tanschana
4th December 2008, 20:16
Sweet! :sing:
I need a cuddler! :hug: