PDA

View Full Version : NS E-Zine, good idea or bad?

Julie
13th October 2005, 00:08
Just wondering how many would like an e-zine for NS. Things in it would be like

Interviews (NS related)
Arts
Fanfiction tidbits from upcoming fanfictions
Nat's analysis
Latest news
This weeks/months hot topic
site of the month
behind the scenes stuff
contests

etc etc

If you have any ideas on what you'd like to see in it, feel free to post here or submit it to the Naughty Cookie Jar!

newbatgirl
13th October 2005, 00:17
Good idea, and if you need any help with stuff like interviews, I'd like to volunteer.

Julie
13th October 2005, 00:19
Great! Thanks NBG! I'll definitly be needing some help ;) It won't exactly be fun if I interview myself :P lol

newbatgirl
13th October 2005, 00:30
Cool, were you thinking mostly author interviews in the same vein as what Lark was doing? Any other kinds of interviews/profiles?

Julie
13th October 2005, 00:45
Cool, were you thinking mostly author interviews in the same vein as what Lark was doing? Any other kinds of interviews/profiles?

I was thinking interviews with me (and perhaps Warunee, if she hangs around the board again) where users themselves could enter questions they're wondering about (to an e-mail address, which I won't read), um, member interviews, staff interviews,...

If Lark's interested, she'll still do the fanfiction author interview thing ;)

crankychick
13th October 2005, 00:57
Could I have a column for Continuity Crackdown: A Bitter Fan Lashes Out? I'd love to pinpoint the things all of us notice goes wrong in the show....and the reasons certain characters/storylines that aren't emphasized should be.

The E-Zine is a great idea, Jules. I say go for it and let me know if you need any hands.

Julie
13th October 2005, 01:02
Cranky, I don't see why not! :)

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you guys know if/when I need help ;) Just currently waiting for my one download to finish, then I'll start playing with a site design. (My laptop is fragile, can't handle downloading, Photoshop and Dreamweaver at the same time... lol... poor baby)

newbatgirl
13th October 2005, 01:23
Could I have a column for Continuity Crackdown: A Bitter Fan Lashes Out? I'd love to pinpoint the things all of us notice goes wrong in the show....and the reasons certain characters/storylines that aren't emphasized should be.

Aww, man, cranky, that sounds like your niche!

crankychick
13th October 2005, 02:13
Aww, man, cranky, that sounds like your niche!

You know it, NBG. It's time I use my sardonic gifts for good. Imagine reading a mini-Smallville analysis with "Great Moments in WTFism". It would be funny and would make many people continue to watch the show even when they were disenchanted with it. I know I personally stuck through parts of last season because of some great recaps/analyses I was reading online.

Also, I think NS has a lot of great discussions going on at any given time. Not only is the fanfiction analyzed, but the show itself....the characters.....overall story arcs/motivation....and possible future outcomes. I'd love to get a bit more of that going here. When good analysis takes place, good fanfic gets written. I'm all for that. :devil:

Julie
13th October 2005, 02:26
If you guys/viewer have any ideas for a fun name, just drop it in the Naughty Cookie Jar! :) Or here, if you want to ;)

staysixkid
13th October 2005, 02:26
I think it's a brilliant idea! I'm fully for it.

:)
*edit* *thinks for some ideas*-i'll def. be back to drop some :)

newbatgirl
13th October 2005, 02:48
Imagine reading a mini-Smallville analysis with "Great Moments in WTFism".

:rofl: OK, now anyone who tries to call it by any title other than that one has to deal with me!!!

becky
13th October 2005, 17:21
*gives two big thumbs up and a huge grin*

sounds fab!

Augustine86
13th October 2005, 17:29
So far the idea sounds Great! It would be fun and a way to interact even more among ourselves, bond with the community and all that fluffy crap.

I'm a softy, ya' know...

Julie
13th October 2005, 22:08
Agustina, don't worry about being soft! It will indeed make us bond even more with each other ;) And perhaps you guys will see that I'm not the big-bad-scary-admin! ... Well, not most of the time anyways! :P

Thessaly
14th October 2005, 01:47
Yaaay, it sounds fab.

I'd like to see Reduced Smallville (like Reduced Shakespeare but badly written). For example:

Onyx

(Big explosion at LexCorp)
Lex #1: Owie. That smarts a little.
Lex #2: Owie. Motherf*cker!
(Both stride off manfully in opposite directions to the hospital)

(At the Hospital)

Lex #1: Clark, Chloe, the experiment screwed the pooch! It's very encouraging. Come see!
Chloe: Whatever. I don't trust you in the slightest although you are insanely hot. I'm going to check this out.
Clark: Chloe, what reason has Lex ever given us to not trust him? Apart from having me investigated and poisoning half the town obviously.
(They all stride off manfully apart from Clark, who is mincing slightly.)

Lex #2: Doctor Sinclair, I'm a doppelganger. Like evil Willow but with less leather. Mmmm, leather...
Dr Sinclair: I can fix you. I have the technology.
Lex #2: Bwahahahaha! I don't think so!
(Lex #2 pulls the plug)
Lex #2: I like being evil. It's the shiznit! Now where's that minx, Chloe...
(He strides off manfully)

I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Thess

crankychick
14th October 2005, 01:49
It's like the condensed novel section in The Guardian, right Thess?

Jules how about paraphrasing Teddy Roosevelt for an unofficial Mod motto. "She posts softly, but carries a big bitch stick"

Thessaly
14th October 2005, 01:56
The Guardian? My dear, I read only the lowest-browed of tabloids. Mainly for the problem pages, it has to be said. Some of the diagrams are really quite instructive.

But yeah, like the condensed novels. Or those comics for people who want to experience classic novels without actually having to read them.

Thessaly

Julie
14th October 2005, 01:57
Thess, just hillarious! :D I say more! :D Perhaps on the e-zine? ;) ;) ;)
Cranky, lol, thanks!

newbatgirl
14th October 2005, 02:45
I love the Reduced Smallville concept! OMG the fun you could have with the rest of the season four crapfests!

Maybe you could have Staysix do some panels in her comic-book style to accompany them!

Ann
14th October 2005, 02:57
I think it's a great idea and would love to help! Just let me know what you need. :)

Christy January
14th October 2005, 04:23
I think it's a great idea and would love to help! Just let me know what you need. :)

Ditto. I'd love to help.

What's the Cookie Jar? *looks around sheepishly* Should I know what this is?

Sylyna
14th October 2005, 20:25
I like the idea.
It may get people to be more active on the board, instead of just reading the stories.

Julie
14th October 2005, 22:58
Ditto. I'd love to help.

What's the Cookie Jar? *looks around sheepishly* Should I know what this is?

I posted about it in the announcement forum...

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=3580

Julie
16th October 2005, 02:06
Okies, you guys :) I'm currently putting together the site. It's going to be a CMS (content manager system) which will make it MUCH easier for me to upload! :) Now, if there's anything you might want to see on it, DON'T be afraid to share it! Just drop it in the naughty cookie jar if you're shy, just be sure to mention you want it in the e-zine ;)

Thessaly, would you like to write a reduced smallville column? I myself found it hillarious, and I'm sure many others would enjoy reading it! :D Hehe.. If you're interested, just let me know! :) It'll be a monthly e-zine, as I'm working like a maniac these days! (But I *always* have time for NS. Heck, I even log on during my lunch break, JUST to check for new posts :P)

Thessaly
17th October 2005, 00:33
Thessaly, would you like to write a reduced smallville column?

Love to, Julie. I for one would also like to see Crankychick's proposed column "Great Moments in WTF-ism". She's been storing the requisite venom up for a while now.

Thess

newbatgirl
17th October 2005, 00:46
OK, now I'm really scared. Cranky has been storing venom?

Thessaly
17th October 2005, 01:22
Oh, yes. In the fridge next to the yoghurt.

Thessaly

crankychick
17th October 2005, 01:24
Oh, yes. In the fridge next to the yoghurt.

Thessaly
HA! Get out of my ...he-,uh, refrigerator. :)

OK, now I'm really scared. Cranky has been storing venom?
Bwah! Yes, that is a scary thought...even to me.

Seriously, though, the Reduced Smallville sounds like a great idea and I can't wait to see what Thessaly does with it. I predict moments of comedic genius and bodacious mockery.

Julie
17th October 2005, 15:10
Excellent :D I'll set everything up :)

Edit: Thessaly and Cranky, what would you like to name your columns?

crankychick
17th October 2005, 15:53
Excellent :D I'll set everything up :)

Edit: Thessaly and Cranky, what would you like to name your columns?

Hmm. Would "And Now For Something Completely Different: Great Moments in Smallville WTF-ism" be too much of a mouthful?

Julie
17th October 2005, 15:58
Cranky, it's up to you, but the link name itself will have to be shortened :P

crankychick
17th October 2005, 16:08
Cranky, it's up to you, but the link name itself will have to be shortened :P

I figured as much. How about this - could we use just the second half (Great Moments in Smallville WTF-isms). Would that be short enough for the link name?:)

Julie
17th October 2005, 16:30
I figured as much. How about this - could we use just the second half (Great Moments in Smallville WTF-isms). Would that be short enough for the link name?:)

Sure thing :) Link's all made, so start writing! :D Hehe... I'll probably make ezine e-mails as well ;)

For now I'm thinking of having the first issue ready by December, I can't expect you guys to have content ready by November! Unless we make the first issue release Nov 15th,... But then I would need the content done and beta-ed and everything by the 10th, so I have a couple of days of adding it and such :) It's up to you guys!

Thessaly
18th October 2005, 00:54
Um, I'm kind of all NaNoWriMo-ed up for November. Plus having a new fic in the works. December works for me if that's ok by everyone.

I was thinking Smallerville as a title. It was either that or Smallville Reflux.

Thessaly

crankychick
18th October 2005, 01:22
I was thinking Smallerville as a title. It was either that or Smallville Reflux.
I personally love Smallerville, Thess, but both are good IMO.

Thessaly
18th October 2005, 01:35
And Smallerville it is...

Thanks Cranky.

JosiCuervo
18th October 2005, 03:01
This is a great idea. Let me know if you need any help. ;)

Donutte
19th October 2005, 02:23
Sorry, got in here kinda late... How does one get this e-zine when it comes out?

Julie
19th October 2005, 14:38
Well, once it's published, it's going to be a website, so I'll post the url address for ya :)

Donutte
19th October 2005, 17:56
Schpanks :)

(OMG, look at the habit I picked up *shakes head*)

Ann
20th October 2005, 04:35
Will it be set up kind of like a newspaper with columns and stuff like that?

Julie
20th October 2005, 15:02
Ann, mmm for the first issue it'll be rather standard website looking, but it's going to feature columns and stuff yes :)

When and if I get the time to work more on it, I might be able to customize it some more ;)

Ann
20th October 2005, 15:17
Oh ok, cool! Sounds good. :)

Donutte
20th October 2005, 17:55
Julie, if you need any help, I'm offering... I don't know what I could do, but feel free to ask :)

Charmingjen
22nd October 2005, 19:52
I think it would be a great idea! Especially if those who can't come to the board as often can still get a little e-zine on what's happening or what's new :)

Julie
23rd October 2005, 16:56
Cool! :)

Um, well, I've set up an e-mail account for it, so if you have something you want to contribute, just send it to ezine@ezine.naughty-seduction.net

starmoon
30th November 2005, 18:06
that sounds like a good idea it could make NS better (even though i don't think that is possible since it is so good already.)

Thessaly
9th December 2005, 00:00
Julie, I don't know whether you got my PM so I thought I'd ask here. When do you want contributions for the e-zine in for?

Thessaly

Julie
9th December 2005, 00:56
Errrr, I can't remember if I recieved it or not at the moment, but I'll let you know when I want material sent in :) Probably around the 20th December, or something :) I'll have to see how much time I'll need on it, etc ;)

Ann
9th December 2005, 02:16
If y'all need any help with anything, just let me know. :)

Blaire023
2nd January 2006, 06:37
ditto. i'm down in the help department. i'm really good at researching, so if you need a minion to run around fact checking on anything, i'm your gal. other than that, both thess and cranky had wonderful ideas and i'm looking forward to the whole shebang.

Julie
2nd January 2006, 14:47
Thanks guys :) I'll be sure to let you know! ;)

Julie
11th April 2006, 01:16
Okay, I've finally had the time to start planning the content on this one, and I got someone to help me make the layout.

Thess, Cranky and NBG, if you could just (re-)send me the material (if you have any) to webmaster at naughty-seduction.net that would be excellent!

If anyone has any other ideas on content, just let me know! Either post here, PM me, mail me, drop it in the Cookie Jar whatnots!

Thessaly
11th April 2006, 01:23
Can I get it to you by Wednesday? I've forgotten which disk I've saved the bloody thing on. Sorry!

Thess

Julie
11th April 2006, 01:34
Can I get it to you by Wednesday? I've forgotten which disk I've saved the bloody thing on. Sorry!

Thess

That's alright ;) There's no hurry just yet! =)