PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Love (PG-13)

Elviriel
22nd May 2003, 00:25
It's my first chlex fanfic be nice please ! And sorry if my english isn't correct, this is not my natal language ...
It's romantic, maybe a little bit improbable but I hope you'll like it !

Disclaimer: They are not mine, so please don't sue me.

FORBIDDEN LOVE

Phone call

Chloe was sitting at the Talon, alone. Clark was at the counter, talking with Lana. They were laughing, and Clark had a bright light in his eyes. Chloe turned her look with bitterness, and whispered :

Nauseating.

Maybe. But please don’t vomit on my jacket, it’s a new.

Chloe turned over and saw Lex Luthor, smiling friendly but a little ironically. Chloe sighed and said :

Mr Luthor. Or Lex, it’s the same deal.

Oh what means that terrible sarcastic access ? smiled Lex, sitting in face of Chloe.

Nothing. There‘s only too much love in the air, and I’m allergic to lovebirds’ environnment.

I see, said Lex as he saw Clark laughing with Lana. So do you stay looking at them ?

I’m a little bit masochist, answered Chloe.

Lex smiled and said :

I better go. I don’t think I must bother Clark in this moment.

Sure. And he won’t listen to you. He’s walking in heaven that time.

Lex stood up and told Chloe :

Bye. Hope things go better for you.

It may not, but thanks.

Lex smiled again, and walked away.

The following day, Chloe was at home, watching Tv with a big pack of chocolate. Then the phone rang. Chloe stopped watching his Tv show with regret, and took the phone.

Yes ? she asked.

Chloe ? It’s Lex.

Oh Lex ? Chloe said with surprise. What’s happening ?

Shouldn’t I call you just for fun ? asked Lex, amusing. No, I reassure you, it’s not the end of the world ...

Sorry. I was ... so I did’nt expect you’d call me one day.

Life is full of surprises. I just called to know if you still wanted to interview. The last time you tried to we were a little ... delate.

Chloe smiled with bitterness. She remebered well her agression, and it was not a good remembering.

Yeah, of course I still want an interview, Chloe said. Where and when ?

Tomorrow if that’s good for you.

Yeah.

At ten. I’ll be to my office.

I’ll be here. Thanks.

You’re welcome. Bye.

Chloe posed the phone, smiling with excitation. An interview ? That was so great !

The interview

Chloe has always been ponctual, so was she that day. Dressed with blue jeans and a red jacket, she entered in Luthor’s . The secretary wasn’t here, so Chloe went directly to Lex’s office. While she reached the hall, she heared voices raising from Lex’s. She first wanted to get back again, but her journalistic curiosity obliged her to stay here to listen. She recognized Lex’s voice : he talked coldly, but Chloe noticed that anger made his voice shunckle.

How could you do that to me ? Lex was saying, trying to keep his cool.

I’m just taking care of my son, said the other man. This business was too big for you.

Too big for me ? Say rather too important. You did not want me to double you !

Thinking I fear you, Lex ? laughed Lionel Luthor. That’s not. Bye Lex.

That’s not over, said Lex.

But Lionel opened the door, and Chloe getted back. Lionel, with his cane, walked away slowly in the hall. Chloe heard him clack the open door.

So you heard everything ?

Chloe turned out and saw Lex behind her. He seemed angry and Chloe didnt like the strange expression of his dark eyes.

I’m sorry, said Chloe.

That’s nothing. So you had a welcome dign of Luthor’s.

Yeah. That’s ... particular.

So is my family, if it could be called a family.

What ... what did your father to you ? It seemed very important.

That’s confidential. But let me just tell you that he stole me some very important files. So come in my office. We’re going to begin the interview.

Okay.

Lex went to his office and sat on his chair. Chloe sat face to him, and the interview began.

A hour later, Chloe stopped the tape and said :

Well, I think I’ve finished. Thank you very much.

Lex smiled :

It was a real pleasure to meet you there, Chloe.

Chloe looked at him. Strange that she hadn’t noticed before that he had a so charming smile. She stopped her mind. Did I really think that ? she thought.

So where are you going now ? Lex asked.

Oh ... said Chloe, trying to stay calm. I think I will get back home.

I thought you’d go to the Talon see your friends.

Oh I used to before, but I don’t still for a few weeks.

Why ?

Chloe stared at him with her blue lightened eyes, and answered :

I thought you’d guess.

Oh yeah, of course. (He smiled.) Lovebirds’ allergie. You should see a doctor for that.

I’ve ever wanted to, but I think I have an incurable illness, Chloe answered. I’m the very imperfect girl of Smallville. Life’s like this. Some girls are attractive, others aren’t.

Lex laughed a little, and looked at Chloe with a strange, dark glance. Then he said seriously :

Don’t be so ironic Chloe. I love Clark, he’s my friend, but if he’s not able to see what beautiful girl you are, he’s blind. You are wonderful, and maybe more than Lana. She’s gorgeous, but you have something more in you Chloe, which makes you a very very attractive girl. And damn Clark if he can’t see you as a it.

Lex’s words let Chloe speechless. He was looking at her, so calm, with his dark, intense, beautiful gaze. She was shoched, and she never felt that troubled. She dropped her eyes, and laughed timidly. Lex smiled too, and Chloe stared at him :

Thank you Lex. That’s not, but thanks. It really touched me.

You’re welcome, Chloe. But I really thought all what I said.

Chloe stood up, and smiled to Lex before she gets back home.

The party

Weeks passed, and Chloe didn’t see Lex again. Clark became closer to Lana than he’ve ever be, and Pete was preoccuped with his new crush, Anna, a little red-haired nice girl.

So Chloe the stupid Chloe is alone, again and again, she thought, sitting at the Talon, alone, looking Pete laughing with Anna, and hearing Clark chatting with the most perfect girl of the universe. Lana.

I must stop thinking that, she reperated to herself. I’m not such worse than her. Okay, she’s beautiful, smart and every guy is in love with her ... Oh my god I am worse !

She looked over : the party. There was a party tomorrow evening. Lana’s birthday. Great party. A lot of people was invited. Clark, Pete, everybody. Chloe was also. But she really didn’t want to go. She’ll be alone again, watching other people dancing with their dates, and hoping to be also dancing with her date ... Suddenly, she asked herself if Lex Luthor was coming. That would be normal, after all. He was Clark’s friend, and Clark was Lana’s friend ...

What did I wonder if Lex was coming ? she thought. And why do I think of him everyday since our meeting ? Is it because I believe what he said ? Chloe you’re the stupidest girl of the earth. You can’t think of Lex. You can’t crush on him. You CAN’T.

Amd as a matter of fact, guess who entered the Talon at this precise moment ?

Lex Luthor, thought Chloe. Of course.

Hey Chloe, he said. How are you ?

Couldn’t be better, replied the blonde girl.

So that means it couldn’t get worse, said Lex, sitting to her table. I think I begin to understand you Chloe.

That’s great, but nobody can understand me. I’m stupid, bad, alone, and everybody is hardly preparing for the better party of the century. And I regret very much when some girl askes me : Hey Chloe, what will you wear at the party ?, there I regret to not have the courage to tell her to shut up and to move her ass far, far away from my bad universe !

Oh, it’s worse than I figured. Won’t you come to the party ?

I think I must. Lana’s my friend. Strangly ironic, isn’t it ? I must be there for her, and to tell her that I’ m very happy when she would tell me that she’s dating Clark.

Do you think they will ?

It cannot be in another way. Just look at them.

The lovebirds were laughing and smiling. Chloe sighed :

It’s strange to admit, but I’m finally happy for them. They’re my friends. They deserve to be happy and to show their feelings.

But what about your’s ?

Chloe looked at Lex and said :

I think it doesn’t matter. Then I’m not sure... about these feelings.

What do you mean ?

It’s just ... i have feelings for Clark. Very strong feelings. But I may have a big crush on ... someone else.

And what will you do ?

Nothing. He’s ... well, just let me say he’s forbidden to me.

Lex smiled bitterly and said :

I know that feeling. Actually, I also have a crush on a girl who’s not for me. Not for me at all.

Life isn’t fair, is it ? sighed Chloe.

Lex sighed too and smiled. Then he said :

Bye Chloe. May see you tomorrow.

So you’re coming ?

Yeah. It’s that or spend a long night to work.

I see. Bye Lex.

Bye.

Chloe watched him go, and sighed. Then she wrinkles, and whispered :

So what will I wear ?

The party. So much people in a little place. Chatting, laughing, dancing, kissing. Some happy teenagers having good fun. Lex was contemplating this scene with detachment, drinking a ponch glass. Clark just left me to go with Pete and his new girlfriend. A nice girl. Shy, pretty, probably stupid.

He looked over the room. Suddenly, he stopped his look on a shadow wall. The was only one person there. A pretty girl, dressed in a smart and discret blue dress, looking all over, just as he did. He smiled to himself, then walked to Chloe.

Hey, Chloe.

Hi.

So you’re here ?

Yeah. Alone, as usual.

Okay. Means that when you’re with me you’re alone.

No ... Before. I was alone before.

I know. Was only a joke.

Chloe smiled and said :

I notice you were alone too.

Not really. Clark just left me to see Pete. Won’t you go with them ?

To hear them laugh and smile with lovely eyes ? Not thanks, I dont’ wanna get sick. And truthly, I wasn’t really alone. Lana talked to me few minutes before you came. That’s the most ironic thing I never knew. The girl I should hate proves finally that she’s a better friend to me that those who are supposed to be my best friends.

Chloe sighed, and said :

It is already hot there.

Yeah, the thermostat is too high here. Do you wanna get outside a little ?

That’s the best idea I’ve ever heard.

They get out both, and Chloe breathed again.

Oh thanks it’s fresher here.

Yeah.

They stodd like that outside. They could hear the music coming from the party. All over all was calm. Lex was looking at Chloe, then he said :

You’re really beautiful tonight Chloe.

Thanks. (She smiled) You’re not bad too.

I am never bad, said Lex with a smile.

Chloe smiled, then get serious :

What happened with your father ? I mean, are you reconciling ?

Lex laughed bitterly, and said with a cold light in his eyes :

Never. Reconcile doesn’t exist in the Luthor’s language. Nor do the words family, love, support, pity. There’s only business, coldness, money, competition and heartless.

Chloe dropped her eyes, and Lex sighed.

I’m sorry Chloe, he said, and he seems real to be. I should not have said that coldly.

It’s my fault. I shouldn’t ask ... ( She stared at him longly and whispered) You’re not heartless, Lex.

I am. I.ve always been, and I’ll ever be. It’s in me. It is more in me from my father that I wish. I’m Luthor. I am not a good man. I could seem nice. I can do that. I could be a friend, a lover, but I could only seem. I’m a Luthor : I lie. I could be generous if I want. I can be nice with people who don’t standing in the way beetween me and what I want. I’m a Luthor, I get what I want.

Chloe was surprised : she didn’t know that Lex could open his heart like that. Not even Clark has heard him speak like that, with so much pain. Chloe walks to him, and took his hand with affection, and told him :

It’s only yours to not be that way. You are a good man Lex. You have a heart. Yes you have a dark face, but I have one also. Everyone has. But that’s not a drame, Lex. You have a heart, Lex. You have a heart.

Sure, he whispered. Cause it is the first time I feel it beat so fast.

Lex leaned on Chloe and kissed her sweetly. The young girl looked at him, like in a dream, and said quietly :

What are you doing ?

He smiled, and said :

I’m a Luthor. I get what I want.

Then he kissed her again.

Good friends

For three weeks Chloe was dating Lex. She had never felt so happy. It was like she ever walked in pink clouds. Lex with her was sweet and protective. She loved when they were both in the sofa, watching a love movie, Lex’s arms around her, like a shield, which was protecting her from all Earth’s evil.

But their relation ship was secret. They have decided not to inform Clark, or Pete, or someone else. They both knew that a lot of people in Smallville won’t appreciate to see them together. The little teenager journalist with the big business man. It was really strange, even for Chloe, to think she was with Lex. Lex Luthor. Her father’s boss.

It was a autumn evening. Chloe was at Lex’s. The film just ended, and Lex accompanied Chloe outside.

I wish I could bring you home, but ...

I know. Someone could see us.

She smiled and said :

Goodnight.

Goodnight, babe.

They kissed, but suddenly they heard someone walking in the garden. Chloe turned back, and saw Clark, standing there, petrified, watching at them. Lex sighed, and said :

Clark ...

But the young man went back running, leaving Lex sorry and Chloe terrified.

Oh my god, she whispered.

Tomorrow morning. At the Talon, Clark, Pete and Lana were talking to a table. They seemed really serious, and it wasn’t good for Chloe. The little blonde girl took a deep breathe, and entered the Talon with a timid nervous smile.

Hey guys, she said coming to them.

Chloe, Lana said, smiling nervously also.

But Chloe noticed that she was the one to smile. Clark and Pete looked at her sitting with black looks. Long silence. I hate that, thought Chloe.

Could you explain, Chloe ? Clark asked coldly.

Clark, I am really ...

Non you can’t just say I’m sorry to escape ! said Clark angrily. How could you kiss Lex Luthor ? Do you date him ?

Chloe did not answer.

Chloe ? said Pete. Answer !!

Yeah. Yeah I date him, said Chloe, watching Clark in the eyes.

For how long ?

I dont know... one week, two weeks ... Okay three weeks.

Why didn’t you tell us ? Lana asked gently, with comprehension.

That’s not the problem, Clark said abruptly. It’s Lex. You can’t date Lex Luthor.

Why ? asked Chloe clearly.

Why ? repeated Pete, as he could not believe that. You’re asking what ? He’s a Luthor. He’s bad.

I know. Lex is the big bad wolf and I’m a poor little girl, said Chloe sarcastically. What’s the matter with Lex ? Clark you were always defending him. What happened ?

Lex is not for you Chloe. He is too old, too rich, too Luthor. I saw him with women. Stay away from him.

No, I won’t.

It’s an order Chloe, said Clark.

Chloe watched Clark coldly, with challenge.

Clark, don’t you think you’re a little bit unfair ? said Lana. After all Chloe is right, he’s your friend ...

Lana stay out of it, ordered Clark.

Lana quieted with sadness, and Chloe stared at Clark, saying :

You’re pretty nice with your friends these times Clark.

What do you mean ?

What I mean ? It’s quite simple. For months you and Pete have totally ignore me. To occuped with your lovely princess. So I turned to Lex. He listened to me, he stayed with me, he understands me.

He’s a Luthor. He’s bad, said Clark.

He’s a good-kisser, said Chloe with a smile.

He’s pityless.

He loves me !

He’s liar !

I love him !

Clark stayed petrified, and Pete opened his mouth with surprise. Chloe watched them hardly, then walked outside.

Tomorrow morning, at school. Chloe was at her closet, when Lana came to see her.

Hi Chloe.

Hey Lana. How are you ?

Fine. I just wanted to tell you that ... I don’t think like Clark and Pete. I mean ... if you love him, it’s all that matters.

Thanks you Lana. I really appreciate.

Lana smiled then said :

Just ... Chloe, just be careful. I know you love him, but ... I don’t say that because it’s Lex. Be careful.

I will.

Chloe smiled, and Lana walked away. But then someone less friendly came : Clark. Chloe started to go away, but Clark called her :

Chloe wait !

Chloe stopped, sighing. She turned over and said :

What ?

Chloe ... I’ve something to tell you.

The young girl aproaches Clark. The hall was empty. It was calm and strange.

What ?

Chloe. I was angry yesterday, and I know I shouldn’t be. But I don’t regret what I said. You must not date Lex. He will hurt you.

Clark, I’m a big girl, I know what I do.

No you don’t. Love makes people blind.

And you know of what you speak. When Lana’s around, it’s like the rest of the world doesnt’t exist.

What have you against her ?

Nothing. Nothing at all, Lana’s my friend. She’s there of me, in contrary to you. She didnt’ judge me about Lex. Lana’s not the problem.

But I care about you. I don’t want you to date an older man which is cold and has a dark face that none knows. You don’t know him Chloe.

You think I know you better ? I thought I knew you. A farmer boy, shy, in love with a pretty girl, with friends, a generous and tolerant guy. Then I see you are not so faithful with friends.

I don’t want you to date Lex.

What’s wrong with you ? When I wanted you it was like I didn’t exist. And now I found someone who loves me you’re getting angry ! You better take care of your Lana but to bother me.

Chloe, I’m serious. If you date Lex, we shouldn’t be friends anymore.

Chloe stayed shocked. Her brain went blank.

Can you repeat that ? she aked, I think i didn’t really heard.

You must reflect Chloe. It’s him or me.

It’s an utltimatum ! How can you ... ?

Chloe you can take the time to reflect ...

There’s no need to. I have made my choice.

Chloe I am serious. If you date him our friendship is over.

Chloe looked at Clark coldly. She had never been so angry of her whole life.

Then it is over, she said. Good bye Clark.

She walked away.

Love

Chloe went at Lex’s mansion. It was late at night. She was very surprised by Lex’s call. So she came to Lex’s house, and snocks. Lex opened fastly. He seemed preoccuped.

Come in, he said.

He brought her to his room.

Sit dowm. I’ve something to tell you.

The young girl obeied, looking at Lex in wooried.

Lex, what is it ? she asked.

Lex sat down and took her hand.

Chloe, now I want you to listen to me. I heard about Clark and ...

Oh ... who told you ?

Lana. Two hours ago I went to the Talon to see you, and Lana told me that you were back home, crying because Clark gave you an ultimatum.

I’ll kill her, said Chloe smiling.

She acted as a friend Chloe. She told me how much you were hurted. And I know that it’s my fault if your friendship is over ...

No Lex, don’t think that. You aren’t involved ...

Of course I am. I know it’s only because of me that Clark said that. He wants to protect you Chloe. I know how much you love him, I know he has been your best friend for years and I really don’t want you to be obgliged to leave him, only because of me.

Lex. You have never obliged me to do something.

Chloe, I feel so culpuit. So I want you to know that you mustn’t fear to hurt me. You still can remove your decision. If you choose to leave him and to stay friend with Clark, like it’s ever been, I will understand.

Chloe stayed surprised and moved. She felt tears of emotion coming to her eyes. She put a hand on Lex’s cheek, and said quietly :

Lex, how could you think I would leave you ? If Clark cannot accept me with the choices I make, that means he’s not my friend as he seemed. Lex you’re the one I want, you’re the one who makes me feel so happy. Every time I see you I’m upset, then I hear your voice it’s like an angel is talking to me. Whatever Clark or Pete, whatever the whole world. You are the one who counts.

Lex stared at Chloe. Though her tears, the young girl saw that he has also tears in the eyes. He touched her face, and kissed her.

It was the morning when Chloe awaked. The sun was inoding the bedroom, and Chloe saw Lex caressing her hair. He smiled and whispered :

Good morning.

Hey, she said. Hello.

You’re so cute when you wake up, dear.

Stop to lie, laughed Chloe. My hair seem like ... some strange thing. What time is it ?

Dunno.

Chloe looked at the clock : 7.55.

Oh my god, she said with panic. Class begins in five minutes !

She dressed quickly, so did Lex. They went in his car, and he brought her to school fastly. She get out and said :

See you later. Bye.

She kissed him and quickly and ran to her class. She knocked at the door and entered. Everyone was already here. The teacher looked at her severely and said :

Bell rang ten minutes ago, miss Sullivan.

Sorry sir. I ... my alarm clock didn’t work this morning.

The teacher sighed and Chloe went to her desk. Clark looked at her quickly, and Lana smiled to her.

Hi, whispered Lana.

Hi.

After the biology class, Lana went to Chloe.

Hey Chloe. How are you ?

Fine. Couldn’t get better.

So what happened to your alarm clock ? Lana asked. The same thing has ever happened to me, that’s a blody thing.

Oh, truthly ...

Chloe bite her lip, and said, grining :

My alarm clock didn’t exactly blank.

Exactly ? Lana said, stared at her friend with surprise. What do you mean ?

Chloe avoided her glance and din’t answer. Lana looked her with concern :

You’re strange this morning Chloe. You okay ?

Yeah.

Sure ? You seem really ... I can’t explain, it’s like something had changed in you ...

Chloe stared at her with a look of shaming happiness. Lana wrinkled, then understod.

Oh .. she whispered, surprising and impressed. You .. did you do what I think you did ?

If what you think is about love, yes I did.

Wow. That’s ... wow. I ... I don’tknow what to say, that’s so... surprising.

It surprises me too. It has gone so fast ...

Yeah. Sure. So... how was it ? asked Lana, smiling.

It was not bad... Okay, it was great !

Chloe watched her friend and they both laughed happily.

Visit

Lex was alone in his office, reading a file. The bell rings and Lex said :

Yes.

Mr Luthor ?

It was the secretary.

Mr Luthor, your father is here.

Lex sighed and said :

Let him come.

Lex posed his file amd saw his father entering the office.

Dad, he said coldly.

Hi, Romeo, Lionel answered sarcastically.

Lex sighed and said :

Well I see you know.

Everybody in Smallville does. A lot of people saw you both, and it is the maining conversation subject there. Lex Luthor and a student. I can tell, even me I was surprised...

That’s great. But if you’ ve nothing more to say, I advice you to get out. I’m busy.

Yeah of course. But I didn’t think you could be so vicious to deflowe a young innocent toy ...

Chloe isn’t a toy, replied Lex with anger. I love her.

Oh, so you deflowered her.

Lex looked at his father, who was smiling.

I see. You love her, she is the woman of your life ... But I don’t like that Lex. I don’t like that at all.

What ?

You and this girl. For how many time are you attracted by kids ?

She isn’t a kid, she’s a woman.

Of course, boy ... But if you really love her, I think you better stay away from her.

What do you mean ? Lex asked coldly.

Well ... I mean there are some people I know could be very evil with your lovely princess and her loving father.

Don’t approach her, Lex said treatly. Don’t ...

Stay cool, Lex, says Lionel. You can’t avoid that. Can you imagine ? Your love, on a bed, her eyes closed ... sweet and beautiful ... and dead.

Lex stood up quickly and cried :

What have you done ?

Lionel laughed, and Lex was furious. Lionel smiled and said quietly :

Nothing yet boy. And I won’t. I’m a poor handicaped man, don’t you remember ? But I still can give orders. And everyone obeys me.

Stay away from Chloe, cried Lex. I warn you, if you ...

What will you do ? laughed Lionel. Would you kill me ?

Why not ? said Lex coldly.

Yeah, replied Lionel, still smiling. You have ever tried I remember ...

Lex dropped his eyes. Lionel sighed, and said :

So whatever. If I kill your girlfriend I’ll be dead. But so will she.

Lionel left, and Lex sat down, sighing.

It was the evening. Lex and Chloe were at the Talon, laughing together. A lot of people were lokking at them with curiosity : indeed their couple was still a weird phenomene in Smallville. But they didn’t care : they felt happy together.

Don’t tell me you never cooked ! Lex was saying.

I did ! But ... it wasn’t a victory, I can tell. My father told me that it was ... original. Chloe’s cookies, a new production ! I’ll make you some if you want.

No thanks ... I’ allergic to chocolate.

Chloe laughed happily while Clark was entering the Talon. Chloe looked out, and saw him. He stared at her too, longly. They were both embarassed, and Lex noticed. Clark dropped his eyes, and went away to the counter. Chloe sighed, and Lex told her :

You should talk with him. You must resolve this.

No. It’s all his fault. He has to come to me first. But ... I guess if he doesn’t ... I may do something.

Lex smiled and they get out. They walked in the street, when suddenly a ferrary came in, driving crazily, going on us. Chloe cried, then Lex took her and ran away. The car passed very close to them, then went away. Chloe sighed, and cried :

What’s his problem ? How many beers did he drink ?

No, Lex whispered, a fear expression on his face. I think he didn’t drink, no.

Chloe looked him with surprise.

It was late in the night when Lex came back home. On the doorway, Lex saw a note. He took it, and read :

So, did you like the ferrary ?

Cry

It was a sunny afternoon. But Chloe was preoccuped. When Lex called her, she found him a little bit cold, and she didn’t like that. She was going to his office, where he told her to join him.

The secretary let her enter. Lex was sitting on his chair. When she saw his glance, she felt that she was right : something was happening.

Hi, she said, with a nervous smile.

Hello. You better sit down. I’ve something important to tell you.

Chloe sat, her hands contracted on her little red bag. She was so beautiful with her little blue vest, Lex thought. No stop, he told himself. Don’t think that. You must do it. No time for love.

Lex ? the young girl asked, very anxious. What is it ?

Okay, he began with detachment. Well, you see Chloe, you’re a very good girl. You’re smart and pretty, and the time I had with you was great. But I’ m not kind of man you need.

Chloe looked at him. She was schocked.

Can you be more clear ? she asked.

Chloe, don’t play the baby. I mean, it was fun, it was great while it lasted but now I’m..tired.

Tired of what ?

Chloe was staring at him, and Lex was surprised by her cold look. She knows where I’ going, he tought suddenly.

Chloe, please, he said with a smile. Don’t oblige me to tell you something who could hurt you.

But when I hear what you are saying to me, I think my safe is not one of your priorities. Do you mean that you’re tired of me ?

Yeah, said Lex.

Chloe seemed upset. Lex continued with a sort of cold irony :

I can’t be with a young teenager. You may be great at bed, but you’re not the girl I need. I need someone more ... sophisticat.

Chloe stood up. Lex sighed : her cold mask failed, she was angry and hurt.

So now that you have what you want, you let me fall ! Do you think you can play with me like with a toy ! I know, you’re a Luthor, you get what I want, bla bla, that’s stupid. You’re stupid. And me too. Of course, I should have guessed. Clark was right, everybody was right, you’re a ...

Chloe, don’t be so pathetic ...

Oh, now I’m pathetic ! You’re really a son of a bitch, Lex Luthor.

That’s now you see it ? I warned you, I’m a bad guy.

Chloe stared at him with disgust, but Lex saw that she had tears in the eyes. She whispered :

I wish Clark had let you die that day. That’s all you deserve.

She ran away. Lex wanted to retain her, but he stood in his chair. Chloe went to her car, and started the truck, crying with pain and anger. And his son’s office, Lionel Luthor entered, smiling.

You were perfect Lex, he said.

Leave me alone, you son of a bitch, Lex whispered.

Lionel smiled, then get out, letting his son alone, with tears in his eyes.

When Chloe arrived at school, she had red eyes, like if she had cried, which was indeed the case. In the hall, she saw Lana, but walked in the opposite dircetion. She didn’t want to talk, and went directly to her closet. Intrigued, Lana followed her :

Hey Chloe. What did you just avoided me ?

I’m tired. Some people is that time.

Lana watched her friend and saw her eyes.

Chloe, she said with a look of concern. What’s going on ?

Uh .. It’s Lex.

She looked Lana few seconds, then cried. Lana sighed and hug her Chloe, who was shaking by her sobs.

Cry Chloe, whispered Lana. Cry. It will free you. Cry.

Flight

They were at Chloe’s bedroom. The blonde reporter was sitting on her bed, next to Lana. Pete was on the ground, and Clark stood against the wall.

I ... I feel so stupid, Chloe said. He told me that he was in love with me, and I ... I just believed him ! Like it was obvious. How could I be so ... ?

You couldn’t know Chloe, Pete said, taking her hand friendly. You couldn’t know that he was really a son of a bitch.

Thanks, Chloe said with a sad smile.

She looked up at Clark and sighed :

You were right Clark. I should have listened to you.

It’s okay Chloe.

The young girl sighed again.

You should go home. I need to sleep.

Sure ? You don’t need to talk ? asked Lana.

I think I have ever talk for the day, Chloe answered with a smile. I need to take some rest, or my brain is gonna burst.

Pete and Lana stood up.

Wait ! Chloe said. Just ...(she watched Pete and Clark) both of you. Don’t try to play heroes and to go to Lex’s to venge me. I really don’t want him to be ... so, I don’t want he feels culpuit.

But he had to know what he did is really cruel, Pete replied.

Maybe but ... I just want to be himself. I wanna forget him and live my own life again. Is that OK ? Clark ?

Yeak, Clark said. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything.

About what he lied.

After he left Chloe’s house, Clark drove directly to the Luthor’s mansion. He went in Lex’s bedroom, with an angry expression on his face. He opened the door violently, and entered. Lex turned out and saw him. He didn’t seem surprised or frightened, and just stared at him :

How could you do that to Chloe ? claimed Clark, angrily.

Lex smiled bitterly and replied :

A simple”hello” would be nice.

Don’t try to avoid me Lex. Don’t you see what you did to her ?

I know, smiled Lex, I’m a son of a bitch, I deserve a terrible death with torments and pain. But such a bloody thing, I’m alive and happy. What a shame that you didn’t leave me to die, isn’t it Clark ?

Stop that Lex. You can’t be ironic now. You played with Chloe, and this is a thing I can’t let go.

What would you do ? Kill me ? Funny idea. Clark, I was just with Chloe like I used to. I take what I want and when it’s useless, I put it behind me.

It ? Useless ? How can you treat Chloe like a ... a thing ? Lex, she’s painful, you have broken her heart !

She’s not that sensitive Clark. In few days that will come to past.

How can you say that ? said Clark, disbelieving. She loves you so much ! lex when I saw her, she was crying, she hadn’t even the strenght to speak.

Clark was staring at Lex with despair. But Lex laughed, and whispered :

It’s pathetic.

Clark stroke him in the face with anger, and Lex fell on the floor. He stood up, a hand on his red cheek.

You ... you’re strong, whispered Lex.

Clark avoided his glance, and saw on Lex’s bed a travel’s bag open, with a lot of clothes inside. He wrinkled, and asked :

You’re gonna travel ?

Yeah, Lex replied.

Where are you going ?

I return to Metropolis. Someone else is gonna take care of Smallville now.

So ... you leave Smallville ? Definitely ?

Dunno. I may come back sometimes, to look on the business. And maybe later, I will get back really, when the pain is passed.

Clark stared at Lex : he had tears in the eyes. Suddenly, he understood :

You ... you never meant to break with her, do you ? he said.

Lex smiled bitterly, and replied :

You’re intelligent Clark. Yeah. Let her fall is the last thing I wanted to do.

But so why ... ? (Lex’s eyes became dark and cold, and Clark knew immediatly). Your father ...

Yeah. My dear fuckin Dad decided, one more time, to ruin my happiness. He tried to kill Chloe Clark. In the street, a car nearly shot her. I won’t take the risk to lose her.

Lex, you can’t let your father drive your life.

Neither Chloe’s. It’s the only way to protect her, trust me Clark.

Lex gazed his friend, and put his hand on his shoulder :

Take care of her Clark.

Lex you’re not obliged to leave ...

Of course I am. It will be so hard to see her again, I won’t hold on if ... so, you see. Please Clark, help her to forget me.

What ... what do you mean ?

Clark don’t be silly. You are her best friend. Stay with her. Just ... help her. You’re a lifesaver Clark. I’m

Clark sighed. Lex was smiling with sadness.

When is your flight ? asked Clark.

In one hour. I better go now.

Won’t you say her goodbye ?

No. It will be so hard, and she won’t want to see me now.

Lex sighed, and said :

Goodbye, Clark.
You are my friend Lex. You will ever be.

So are you, Clark.

Clark hug him, and Lex smiled. He was near to cry, and Clark had never seen him so upset.

Bye Clark.

Bye.

Lex get out, his head bowed, and Clark felt a tear blowing on his cheek.

Tired

Two months had passed, and Chloe seemed to feel better. Clark, Pete and Lana worked a lot to put her on the top. They were menaging her, talking with her sweetly, offering her cakes and juices ... They hang out with her a lot, trying to make her have some fun.

Lex was gone, in Metropolis. Sometimes, Clark was mailing him, secretly : everyone was blaming him for his behaviour with Chloe, and Lex had asked Clark not to tell what he knew. Lex seemed to be fine : his business was good. But in the mails, they never aborded Chloe’s subject. Lex didn.t talk about her, and Clark thought that would not be a goog idea.

It was a sunny afternoon, after school. Chloe was working at the Torch. Clark walked in the office :

Hey Chloe.

Hey. What’s going on ? I thought you were home.

No ... I was looking for you. I wanted to know if you could help me about maths, I’m totally lost. Well, if you.re not busy now.

No, this work can wait. What’s the problem ?

It’s the exercise 2, I don’t understand. Oh, by the way ... I wanted to know if ... Friday night there’s a concert, would you come ? It would be funny, I think.

Chloe smiled, but Clark thought that she sighed too. He chased this thought, like it would’nt be possible.

Yeah, of course, I ‘d love to. Uh, I’m thirsty, I’m gonna take some cokes at the distributor. You want one ?

Yeah thanks.

I’ll be right back in two minutes.

Ok.

Chloe went out and Clark waited, sighing. He looked over the office, and Chloe’s computer. Her desk was full of papers, for the Torch and some other stuff. Clark saw a closed envelopp, with no name. Intrigued, Clark took it, meaning to open it. He hesitated : it was Chloe’s after all. Maybe it was personnal. But his curiosity won, and Clark took the letter which was inside. No doubt, it was Chloe’s writing. Clark, concerned, began to read with attention :

“Dear Lex,

I really don’t know why I’m writing that. Maybe I just need to talk to you, even if I know that you would never know that. By the way I think you don’t care, you’re only a heartless man in fact ... but whatever strange it is, I know I still love you, more and more since you went away. Anywhere in the world, I suppose so you’re in Metropolis, but nobody seems to know, and truthly I don’t think I would really know.

When you left me, I was ... in pain. It was like every move I could do, every word I could say and every breathe hurt me. Everything seemed to be here only to break me, to kill me. I bled, I felt all inside me hurt, like a big cruel knife was perforing everything in me. A insupportable pain, I really thought it could never go.

But it did. This pain attenuated. Everyone around me wanted to help me. Hanging out, having fun, they think it is the better thing I could do to forget. They want me to talk about my feelings, they menage me, they’re so sweet, but I just can’t support them anymore.

I know I’m awful, but I’m tired. I don’t wanna see people, I don’t wanna talk ... They ask me if I’m okay. Everytime, they ask me if I’m fine. But how could I be ? The love of my life let me fall. I’m tired. Talk ? I’m even tired to say a word. The pain is gone, but there’s something so much calm and terrible : the tire.

I’m tired of everything Tired to wake up the morning, tired to go to school, tired to hang out, tired to framing that I have fun, tired to talk, tired to breathe. Tired of my friends. They treat me like I was a child – or worse : like I was a fragile little thing that we must protect from the big bad world. I know, I should tell them : what so much obvious ! But I can’t, because they’ ll ask me why, and I’ll be obliged to explain my feelings, longly, longly. When they want me to feel better, they make me feel worse. It’s only mine to decide if I wanna be fine. For the moment I just don’t think I can, When I’ll be ready I just will.

So, that’s it. It is just freely to talk to you, like I used to when I thought you loved me. Sometimes I hope that’s nothing more than a bad dream. And that tomorrow I’ll wake up in your arms. There will be the sun going in your room, and you will smile to me, saying that you love me and that was just a nightmare.

Oh, if you could know how I hope ...

And now, I’ll just close the envelopp, thinking that you may hear my thoughts from your far universe. But you probably don’t, because you are in some bed of a prettty woman, who deserves you so much more than I do.

Now I say you goodbye. Hope you’re well, and hope I’m gonna be also.

Chloe. “

Clark looked away and sighed : he was upset and chocked. His heart was moved, and he didn’t really know what to do.

Pathetic isn’t it ?

Clark turned out and saw Chloe in the doorway, two small bottles in her hands. She put them on the desk, and sighed.

Chloe, why didn’t you tell me ? Clark whispered.

Especially for that. Explain the way I feel, it’s such a therapic thing.

Chloe, I’m sorry. I wanted to make you feel better, I didn’t mean to ...

I know. Just ... just let go.

Clark smiled and hug her. Chloe sighed, and just felt comforting. It was silent, friendly, natural. Clark kissed her forehead and said in a whisper :

For Friday ... stay home. I’ll tell Lana and Pete to leave you alone. OK ?

Thanks Clark. You are my best friend, you know ?

I know.

In the street

Ten months had passed since Lex’s departure. After Chloe’s explanation to Clark, things get better for her. She began to really feel fine, and get her joy back. She was on the way to be again the energic girl she used to be.

It was the afternoon : Chloe was in the Talon with Clark and Pete. Lana was serving coffee.

So Pete, what about Ann ? asked Clark with a smile.

Who’s Ann ? Chloe said, raising eyebrows.

New Pete’s crush, Clark answered. Nice red-haired girl, with big green eyes...

I dont have a crush on her, said Pete. But I begin to think you do.

Well guys, Chloe said, I’d be happy to see you fight about the girl of your dreams but I must go home. See you later.

Bye.

Chloe walked ou : the wind was flowing sweetly. She went to her car, and opened the door. Suddenly, she had the feeling that someone was looking at her. She turned out, and watched all over the street.

There was a black car on the opposite side of the street. And there was a man next to it. Chloe felt her heart beating fastly, while Lex Luthor was staring at her from the other sidewalk.

Lex had never felt that upset : she was here, to nearly 5 meters from him. He was staring at her intentionally, so did she. Will I go to him ? wondered Chloe. She didn’t have the time to decide : Clark left the Talon and came to her.

Hey Chloe, you still there ? he said.

When he saw the uncomforable look of his friend, Clark followed her glance, and understood. Lex. Back in Smallville. Clark hesitated few seconds, then cried :

Hey Lex ! Come on !

Chloe looked at Clark with worried, and Clark put his hand on her shoulder to give her courage. Lex was coming across the street. Clark hug him and said with joy :

Lex ! What a surprise, when did you get back ?

Two hours ago, Lex answered, looking at Clark - and only at Clark.

It’s great. For how long ?

Oh, few days. I’m only there to control ... the company.

That’s good. Oh, I’ve forgotten my sweat at the Talon. Wait me here I’ll be back in two minutes.

Chloe hated Clark : forget his sweat, sure ! She sighed, avoiding Lex’s glance. In that time, he was staring at her with his deep dark eyes. He was as embarassed as she.

So ... he said.

Yes.

How ... how are you ?

I’m fine, Chloe said with a nervous smile. And you ?

Fine too.

So ... how goes life in Metropolis ? It must be exciting ...

Oh ... it’s boring, I spend all my time to work.

I see ...

Clark please come back, thought Chloe. Come back now.

Thank for god, Clark arrived at this moment.

Hey guys. Don’t you want to go at the Talon to celebrate Lex’s return ? Pete and Lana will be happy to see you again.

Oh, I don’t wanna bother anyone ...

You don’t. Come on. Chloe ?

I’ve work to do ...

You’ll do it tomorrow come on.

The truth

Chloe and Lex were sitting at the Talon, face to face, embarassed and quiet. Clark, Lana and Pete had left few minutes ago. To go in the kitchen to bring some cookies. Three persons to bring cookies. Chloe suspiced them to do that to let her alone with Lex. A thing that she didn’t want at all.

So ... how about the Torch ? Lex asked.

Nothing, It goes and goes, like it used to.

OK. And ... what else new ?

Uh ... not a lot. I jsut have a stage this summer in Metropolis at the Daily planet. Looks like someone gave a word for me ...

Lex didn’t answer to this unasked question, and said :

Metropolis ? You know if you want I can reserve you an hotel ...

No ! Chloe said fastly. I mean ... I’d rather spend all my time in a sad and bad motel ... To have spiders in front of my bed makes me reflect about my own condition.

Lex smiled.

And what about you ?

Nothing, business is fine, and so am I. Like Smallville I see.

Yeah ... the small town is always the same.

Lex sighed, and looked at Chloe seriously. She didn’t like that. She didn’t want to hear what he was about to say : but she didn’t have the choice.

It’s riduculous Chloe, Lex said, looking at her while she tried in vain to avoid his glance. I mean ... we’re both there to talk about insignifiant things, and it’s all but natural. We talk like nothing has happened, like you had no reason to not wanna see me again ...

Chloe sighed, and Lex nods with sadness :

We need to talk. To talk really. I think that’s why Clark asked Pete and Lana to get out for a while. He had probably guess why I came back to Smallville.

Business. You came back for business. Didn’t you ?

No. I decided to get back to see you, to talk with you, to explain why I left.

There’s nothing to explain Lex, Chloe replied coldly. You have told me everything, this afternoon in your office, you don’t remember ?

Chloe wanted to stand up, but Lex took her arm and said :

Chloe you don’t know everything. Please, stay.

The young girl looked at him, then sat, listening to him.

Then he told her everything : his father, the pain he had when he left her, and how he decided to come back to her.

I saw you in Metropolis two weeks ago when you came with your father. I’m stronger now, and I don’t fear my father. I won’t let him drive my life. I’m free to decide what I do, and who I love. Please Chloe believe me. I know what I did hurt you, I know I never should do that, and that you can’t forgive me, but I want you to know that I never betrayed you Chloe. And if you think we can begin again, if you still love me, you know I’m here. If you’re not ready I don’t care, I can wait. I’ll wait for you forever, even if you must never get back to me.

Chloe was looking at Lex, upset. For all answer she kissed him. Lex stared at her with happiness, and he took her hand. And behind the counter, Clark smiled when he saw them together again.

THAT'S IT ! HOPE YOU LIKED !
:chlexsign2:

Sway
22nd May 2003, 07:04
oooooooooh. that was so sweet. i'm glad she forgave him!!!

Elviriel
22nd May 2003, 23:13
thank you ! I forgot to say they re not mine, etc ... Sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scifichick774
23rd May 2003, 17:10
*sniff* Poor Chloe. You'd think that Lex would at least have the common sense to tell her what was going on. Good job for a first attempt though - and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

Sab_Luthor
16th October 2003, 22:27
awww yay i liked it
i liked it a lot

miss_sixty1115
25th October 2003, 15:13
That was so sweet!!!!! Great job!!! Hope you'll write others stories!!!!

asharnanae
25th October 2003, 17:50
:blush: so sad in the middle, but it all worked out in the end. Lovely and sweet. fantastic.

starmoon
1st March 2005, 20:23
This story made me want to cry when Lex was so cruel to Chloe. :crygreen: Lional is a creep and jerk and should stay out of Lex's life. Lex deserves to be happy and so does Chloe so if they want to be together they shpuld be. Lana was ok in this story. I don't realy like her but I am glad she was there for Chloe espally when she needed a friend. Clark was a jerk at first and I couldn't belive him when he tried to make Chloe choose between Lex and himself. :tease: He must be stupid anyone in ther right mind would choose the one they love over a so called friend who tries to make them choose. I real friend never tries to make you choose and stands beside you no matter what. Chlex forever. :wub:

starmoon
5th March 2005, 01:23
Good story sad at some points but I liked it. You should write more. :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Thaís
12th January 2006, 22:47
Really sweet... Wonderful story...
It was wonderful the way that she forgave him even after what he did to her, and the way that he decided it was time to live his own life, and not to do what his father wanted him to...
So in the end they are where they are supose to, together...
And you just keep the great work, ok?!?!

Ami Rose
4th February 2014, 18:22
very sad but cute