PDA

View Full Version : New Fic:Little White Lies (Smallville) (SV: Chlex) (G-15) (01/01)

Lune
24th September 2005, 23:21
Title: Little White Lies

Author: Sister Lex

e-mail: Sister_Lex@yahoo.com

Rating: G-15

Category: Angst/Drama: Smallville song fic with Chlex

Spoilers: None that I know of

Summary: The only way for Chloe to survive is with little white lies. AU

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone from Smallville. The song “Skin” is sung by Alexz Johnson for the show “Instant Star” on “The-N.” The lyrics came from http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/alexzjohnson/skin.html.
I'm just borrowing them so please don't sue I don't have anything except my computer and my husband any way.

***If you want to hear this song (IMO it is a truly awesome and moving song and Alexz’ voice is amazing) go to: http://www.the-n.com/ntv/shows/media.php?id=511&type=audio and click on “Skin.” Its free, it just loads up in Media Player or Quicktime.***

Author's Note: This is obviously AU, Chloe’s POV. Hope this inspires you Peggy! I know all of your stories inspire me, just trying to give a little back. ^^

Little White Lies

“I drift away to a place
Another kind of life
Take away the pain
I create my paradise”

I watch the news and see his face. I’m lost looking at his eyes. I see it there, though I’m positive that I’m the only one who does. Pain. He is searching for me. Damn him! Damn Lionel for making this happen! But it has to be. He can’t see me, he can’t be with me.

I left Smallville a year ago. Made it look like I was kidnapped, with the Devil’s help of course. Lionel found out, somehow, that I had fallen for his son. He also realized that Lex was, in his words, “Dangerously close to falling for me.”

Oh, God. If only we could’ve admitted it to each other first. Then I could have gone to him for help. But we didn’t. We couldn’t get past our stupid insecurities.

“Everything I've held
Has hit the wall
What used to be yours
Isn't yours at all”

So I’ve reinvented myself. In another place. Lionel gave me money but I won’t take it. I’ve found a job and a small place to stay in a tiny fishing town in Greece.

I’ve always loved Greece. I’d come here to visit my grand parents before they passed away. It was like a haven to me.

Now it’s a prison.

“Falling apart, and all that I'm asking
Is it a crime, am I overreacting”

I scream and throw my glass against the wall. The shattering glass calms me some. I turn back to the television. He is still there, with my father in the back ground. They are the only ones still searching. Everyone else believes I’m dead.

I might as well be.

I can’t get him out of my head, and it kills me a little more everyday. If only I could forget him.

“Oh, he's under my skin
Just give me something to get rid of him
I've got a reason now to bury this alive
Another little white lie”

If only he could forget me. It might be easier then. I could convince myself that he doesn’t care about me, and then, I could not care about him.

But I do. I love him so much it hurts.

Lionel promised me that if we got together, Lex would learn what pain truly was. Not to mention everyone else I cared about. If he had threatened just me, I could’ve dealt with it.

I turn my head to the door as my elderly neighbor knocks. She has appointed herself my foster grandmother.

She asks me, her sweet Greek accent thick with concern, if I’m alright.

I look at her and smile. I know it’s an empty smile, but that is all I can handle right now.

I reassure her that I’m fine.

She knows I’m lying, but she leaves anyway, glancing back as she walks down my lane.

Another little white lie.

“So what you had didn't fit
Among the pretty things
Never fear, never fear
I now know where you've been”

Lionel said that he couldn’t let me be with Lex because I wasn’t good enough. I’m not pretty enough, or mature or enough, or just enough.

Lex is destined for greatness he told me. I am not great.

I think now I understand even more what Lex has been through with that man. My heart breaks again.

“Braids have been un-tied
As ribbons fall away
Leave the consequence
But my tears you'll taste

Falling apart and all that I question
Is this a dream or is this my lesson

Oh, he's under my skin

I barely know anymore if my life is real or a dream.

It can’t be real.

I was supposed to be a great reporter by now. Chasing down thrilling leads, exposing all the truths.

But here I stand. Running from the truth. Telling myself that I’ll be alright.

“I don't believe I'll be alright
I don't believe I'll be OK
I don't believe how you throw me away
I do believe you didn't try
I do blame you for every lie
When I look in your eyes, I don't see mine

Oh, he's under my skin

I turn and look in the mirror. I stare at myself, my eyes. They don’t belong to me.

I was so full of life and fire. It’s all gone now. But I’ll be fine.

“Oh my permission to sin
You might have started my reckoning
I've got a reason now to bury him alive

I know the only way I can survive are those little white lies. If I tell myself the truth, I’d die. I know that, because I know that I can’t truly live without him.

So I lie to myself, every minute of everyday.

It can’t last for much longer. I can’t last much longer.

As I’m staring into his eyes, while he pleads for information on my whereabouts, I sense someone at my door.

Thinking it’s my neighbor again, I turn to reassure her one more time, and stop dead.

His eyes look into mine.

No more little white lies.

meeaz
25th September 2005, 00:39
wow, that was really good. i especially liked the buildup to the last line and how everything related back to that one idea. good job!

Lune
25th September 2005, 04:10
You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that someone likes it... I litteraly just discover the Instant Star series last night. I fell in love with the song, I've prolly listened to like a hundred times already (my husband is getting annoyed...) anyway, i was listening to it and all the sudden i just bolted up and started typing... I didn't even have any one beta it, so i was kinda worried.

Thanks for the positive feed back ^^

bluengreenswmer
25th September 2005, 06:27
That was really great! I've been meaning to watch the show but I never have the time.

And you cannot have stopped the fic there, there must be more. I know there's more. I just know that tomorrow, I'll come back here and there will be another chapter.

Seriously, I really think this one is worth continuing.

Julie
25th September 2005, 14:07
You need to edit your rating to fit the ones we use here at NS (PG, G, PG15, R, NC17 etc). If you're unsure, just ask the moderator of this category, or tigerbaby (I'm not that familiar with what T equals...)

Lune
25th September 2005, 18:09
Sorry bluegreen, I don't think there will be anymore. I'm actually not that much of a writer. I just HAD to write that one though.

Maybe someday, if something inspires me the right way, I'll do a sequel, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry, but thanks for the support ^^

hfce
25th September 2005, 21:21
That was really good. :)

Hope ;)

campbti
26th September 2005, 17:48
Very nice flow and loved the ending. Nice job.

Christy January
26th September 2005, 23:44
:puppydog:Sequel?

Sandy
27th September 2005, 00:28
That's so sad..but good. :) Good job!

starmoon
6th October 2005, 20:26
great story and i just love how it ends.

Nonhalema
11th June 2007, 18:18
at the beginning a bit dark but the end is great...loved it (love dark *g*)

Ami Rose
5th April 2014, 18:38
Loved it! Glad he found her in the end!