PDA

View Full Version : Chloe gets sick (G) 1/1

Sandy
4th September 2005, 00:13
Chloe gets sick (One shot)
Rating: G
Summary: Chloe gets sick and Lex keeps her company for the day.
Spoilers: None
Pairing: I dunno but for the most part friendship??
Disclaimers: I do not own Smallville or its characters

Chloe groaned as she tossed her head to the side of her pillow. She was getting that burning feeling in her throat. It was so dry that even the slightest drink of water still wouldn’t help. Her stomach felt queasy and she didn’t feel like tasting her dinner for the second time. She did her best to stay in bed under the warm blankets, but her stomach kept taunting her to run to the bathroom. She finally gave up because she could feel acid running up her throat. She bolted for the bathroom, threw her hands on the sink and she tasted her dinner for the second time. ‘Chinese is disgusting. I’m never eating it again.’ She complained as she threw up a brownish black liquid with chunks. Her father must’ve heard her because he peered in the bathroom.

“Chloe, are you alright?” He asked as he watched her throw up some more.
“Looks like I’ll be missing school for a while.” She tried to say and she somewhat felt relieved. She needed a break from the Torch and her friends, and just mainly school. It was about 2 in the morning and she was up. Gabe went to get her a bowl so she could be in bed and throw up at the same time. She refused the bowl and just stood over the sink. What seemed like hours she was up till 6 in the morning. Her mouth was dry and it tasted awful. She brushed her teeth several times to get that nasty taste out. ‘I’m so not eating Chinese anymore.’ She thought as she crawled back in bed. She felt better but not a whole lot.

The next morning before Gabe went to work he called the school, and informed them that his daughter would not be attending. He was running a little late and informed Mr. Luthor (Lex) that he would be a few minutes late. When he asked why, he said his daughter was sick, and Lex got concerned. He offered to take care of her while he was at work. Gabe took the offer.

It was about 10 in the morning when Lex showed up at the Sullivan house. Chloe was resting on the couch in the living room. Lex noticed the pile of tissue’s everywhere and a bowl on the floor next to the couch. ‘Poor girl.’ He thought as he stepped in the living room. He sat on a chair from across the couch. She looked so cute cuddled up in those blankets. She had her right arm over her stomach and her other arm was dangling from the couch, and her hand was touching the floor. Lex smirked happily at her. She shifted her body and opens her eyes. She saw Lex and she smacked her lips, and cleared her throat. It pained her to do that so she gently stroked her throat with her hand.

“How long have you been here?” She tried to ask and she was loosing her voice.
“A few minutes. How are you feeling?” He asked showing concern in his voice.
“Terrible. My throat is killing me, my mouth tastes like puke, and I can barely keep anything down. You don’t have to be here if you don’t want too. I wouldn’t want you to catch this. ” She was concerned for his health. Lex smirked at her.
“I’ll brave it. Would you like something hot to drink?” He asked and she shook her head yes. ‘I could use some coffee right about now.’ She thought and Lex went to the kitchen and turned on the kettle. He looked in the cabinets and noticed tons of coffee choices. ‘I wonder which one she likes best?’ He thought and found the tea bags covered in the corner. The whistle blew on the kettle and Lex made her some hot tea. He brought her cup out and placed it on the table that was next to her couch. She took a drink and her face made a weird expression.

“I don’t like tea.” She complained.
“I know, but it’s good for you when you’re sick.” He said and sat back down on the chair.
“Why are you here? You’ve never been in my house before.” She was beginning to get sleepy again, and shut her eyes while she listened to his answer.
“I was concerned when your father called. I wanted to make sure you were alright. Plus I offered to take care of you for the day.” Chloe nodded her head and gave a slight moan. Lex watched her sleep for the next few hours. He enjoyed watching her. He thought she looked so cute sleeping.

It was about 3:30 and there was a knock on the door. Lex open the door and there stood Clark Kent.

“Lex? What a surprise. I’m here to drop off Chloe’s homework.” He said while showing it to him.
“She’s sleeping right now, but I’ll take it in to her.” Lex looked at the book in his hand.
“Hamlet eh? That should be a fun one.” He snickered and Clark smiled.
“Yeah, we started it today.” Clark didn’t sound interested in Shakespeare, but Lex had an interest.
“It’s quite a tragedy believe me. Thanks for stopping by Clark.” Clark nodded his head and left. Lex put her homework on the table with the scattered tissues about.

“Who was that?” She asked with her eyes still shut.
“Clark. He dropped off your homework.” Chloe moaned to that.
“The teacher warned us we were going to start Hamlet. That stuff is over my head.” She complained, and Lex smirked again.
“I wouldn’t mind helping you.” Chloe popped her eyes open and stared at him. She was surprised that he knew how to read that old English.
“I didn’t know you like Shakespeare.” He smiled at her.
“I am a huge history buff. Would you like me to read it to you?” He asked. Chloe nodded her head yes.
“I don’t think my voice could take it anyway.” She was right. Her voice was giving out. Lex opens the book and found the first act. He began reading.

“Barnardo. Who’s there?
Francisco. Nay, answer me. Stand and unfold yourself.
Barnardo. Long live the King!
Francisco. Barnardo?
Barnardo. He.
Francisco. You come most carefully up on your hour.
Barnardo. ‘Tis now struck twelve. Get thee to bed, Francisco.” Chloe was confused and she stopped him.

“Woah hold on a second. What are they saying? I can’t make heads or tales out of it.” She knew she would have a hard time with this assignment.
“Barnardo is asking who’s there, and Francisco is telling him to reveal himself. Francisco is saying that Barnardo has come out too late in the night.” He explained and Chloe got the gist of it. He continued reading some more and Chloe kept stopping him, and he kept explaining it, in regular English. She then began to realize that he had a soothing reading voice.

“You read well Mr. Luthor.” She complimented and smiled at him.
“You flatter me Chloe, and it’s Lex.”
“Whatever.” She took a sip of her cold tea and made the same face she made before.
“Can I have coffee instead?” She asked.
“Caffeine will have you up the whole day Chloe. You should really get some rest.” Chloe rolled her eyes in protest. She was grumpy with out her precious pick me up.
“Let me guess. This is decaf tea right?” Lex nodded his head and she rolled her eyes again.

Chloe slept most of the day with Lex by her side. She was thankful that he was there. Lana came in the house with flowers and a card. She went to the living room where Chloe and Lex were.

“Hi Chloe, and Lex. These are for you Chloe, and here’s a card signed by the group.” Lex went to put the flowers in a vase and Chloe open up the card. It was a get well soon card. She smiled and was thankful she had friends that cared about her. Clark, his parents, Lana, Pete, and Lex signed it all wishing her to get well.

“Mr. Luthor thanks again for taking care of my daughter. Is there anything I can do to repay you?” Gabe asked kindly as he came in the front door. Lex was coming back with the flowers in the vase.

“I’m good Mr. Sullivan.” Before he left Chloe stopped him.

“Lex? Would you help me with Hamlet? You make it so easy for me.” She asked hoping he would say yes. Lex handed the vase to Gabe.
“Sure Chloe. I’ll be over tomorrow.” With that he left, and so did Lana.

The End!
---------------
Sigh... that'd be nice to have Lex over if I ever got sick. :D

hfce
4th September 2005, 02:20
Aww that was cute. :wub:

Kit Merlot
4th September 2005, 02:53
You know, Hamlet is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays, so I've got to adore a fic that incorporates it--I'm an English major, I can't help myself :grin3:

Good job ;)

Sandy
4th September 2005, 03:22
Kit Mirlot, Hamlet is one of my favorites too. I'm still trying to get through Julius Caeser.

kirt30
4th September 2005, 12:33
great little fic

Natasha
4th September 2005, 22:51
This was a great fic.

planetcal
5th September 2005, 03:22
This was such a cute story!

Ann
16th September 2005, 23:45
That was really sweet. Great job! :)

starmoon
6th October 2005, 20:30
great story and so sweet and cute. i would love it if i was sick and lex took care of me and helped me with my homework.