PDA

View Full Version : Lex Luthor (R) Complete

Sandy
3rd September 2005, 05:01
Lex Luthor
Summary: Try to get under his skin if you can…
Rating: R (for safety)
Spoilers: I will give the spoilers before each chapter
Pairing: Chlex friendship
Category: Angst
Disclaimers: I don’t own Smallville or its characters
A/n: This has been bugging me for a couple days now. I wondered what it would be like what the real Lex Luthor on the show, thought of Chloe. Plus I felt like writing angst.

Spoilers: Shattered, Craving, Exile, and Covenant
He looked sadder then normal today. It was no bodies lie, but Chloe could read him like a book. Even though she’s known him for most of her high school days. She never really knew the real Lex Luthor. She wondered what was deep in his heart, why he always looked sad, and why he looked like he was about to snap at the next employee he came across. She wondered deeply about him as her eyes searched his face. He was sitting at a small round table in the Talon going over paper work, with a cup of coffee as an accompaniment. He looked irritated and like he wanted to punch the next person that spoke to him. Chloe didn’t know whether or not if she should try to make conversation with the guy. She knew of his traumatic breakdown but that was the only personal thing she knew of. Other then that it was like his life was in a safe and the combination forgotten. Sure she knew of his favorite things from her file, but other then that she knew nothing really. She watched him take a sip of his coffee. Did he really like coffee, or was he just supporting Lana in the coffee business? Chloe thought as she still stared as best as she could into his heart. She wondered why he was so distant from his father. She thought it was sad that they were so far yet they seemed so close. Chloe watched him sigh and he put the paper he was looking at under a new paper. Did he really like his work? She thought again. Lana couldn’t help but watch her friend stare at Lex. She never knew that she had an interest in him.

“Chloe, earth to Chloe.” Lana said as she waved her hand in front of her eyes, causing her to blink. She came to and stared at her. ‘She knows how to ruin everything doesn’t she?’ She thought bitterly.
“Yeah, I’m on the right planet Lana.” Chloe said sarcastically to get her to shut up. She thought she was so annoying at times. Especially after having a date with Clark Kent. That really got on her nerves. She would always babble about what they did and where they went, and yada yada. Chloe could care less if Clark was with Lana. She knew that she would never get a chance with him so she decided to move on with her life. She decided to concentrate on her career, and her new obsession: Lex Luthor. She wanted a chance to get under his skin, and do her best to help with the pain that she thought he had. She knew that he would never date her because of her age. She thought that Lex liked women more his age, plus she somehow knew that he enjoyed the company of fine women. Chloe thought she wasn’t one of them. She knew she would always be lonely. Lana noticed that Chloe had that blank stare again.
“Chloe! Snap out of it! What are you thinking about that has you occupied?” Lana snapped and her face looked angry yet curious. Chloe jerked to attention and noticed that Lex left somewhere during her blank stare. ‘Damn it.’ She thought and she was disappointed that she didn’t get to start a conversation. Chloe sighed along with clearing her throat.
“I won’t be able to make it to the Talon for our cram session.” Lana gave her a face of what?
“Chloe. This grade is very important! If you fail you won’t graduate.” Lana said disappointedly. Chloe knew the risks but her curiosity was too great. She had to get under Lex’s skin as it was killing her. She knew he kept secrets because he looked it all the time. She could read his facial expressions, his body language, and even when he’s flirting with a beautiful young lady. She developed this new talent over the years of seeing him, and because she trained herself too. She knew when he would get angry, or when he was happy. She could read him like he had the words of his life written all over his face. Chloe picked up her coat and put it on. It was fall and it was getting close to winter. She put her purse over her shoulder and started walking towards the front door.

“Where are you going?” Lana shouted after her and she was curious. She could tell when her friend was curious, because she had that look.
“I’m going to Clark’s.” She shouted back and the door slammed behind her. Lana was confused beyond compare. She shrugged and went back to attending her coffee like a good girl.

Chloe drove her red bug up the front drive of the Kent house. She got out of the car and she headed straight for the loft. She knew he would be in there. He would either be playing with his telescope or day dreaming of Lana. Either way she knew he would be there. She walked in and sighed. She had no idea what she was getting herself into. She walked up the steps while holding on the rail. Was this the right idea in asking Clark what he knows about Lex? She thought as she ascended the stairs. Chloe assumed that Lex was obsessed with Clark because he was at the castle more then once a week. Why did Lex like Clark so much? Chloe hoped he wasn’t gay. Oh gosh the thought of Lex being gay would just kill her. The first time she met Lex Luthor she thought ‘He’s such a hotty, but I know he would never fall for me.’ There she saw him. She saw Clark. The one that she had the crush on for so many years. Old feelings began coming back and she did her best not to shed a tear, or choke up a cry of jealousy. She knew that he would always love Lana, and she would just be his friend. He was staring out the window thinking no less. He looked sad as she saw his hand resting on his chin. He was leaning on the wall looking out at the stars.

“Knock, knock.” Chloe said as Clark jerked his head in her direction. He gave her his famous smile, showing his pearly whites. Clark was feeling lonely and he was glad to have some company, but he secretly wished it was Lana who was staring there.
“Hi Chloe, what brings you to the Kent farm?” He asked cheerfully and Chloe could read through his facial expression that was hiding how he really felt.
“I came here to ask you for some information on Lex.” Clark didn’t want to hear that name in his presence. He cringed in hate and clenched his fists.
“Lex who?” He played dumb and his voice sounded cold. Much too cold that it was below zero. Chloe hit a nerve she knew she did.
“I thought you two were friends?” She asked curiously and she was shocked.
“We ended our friendship. I can’t trust him anymore, and you shouldn’t either.” His voice was piercing and his eyes were cold. Chloe felt sad for them and she wondered why all of the sudden of an abrupt friendship.
“What happen?” Clark got angry as Chloe’s curiosity picked up. He glared at her like she had never seen before.
“It’s never enough for you is it Chloe? You just have to keep pressing until you get the truth.” Chloe had never heard him this way. Her eyes grew wide with fear and she remembered the last time he yelled at her. She was in his apartment in Metropolis and he had totally changed that summer.
“Clark, I,” She was cut off by his consistent anger.
“Get out! Anyone who is a friend of Lex Luthor, is an enemy of Clark Kent.” He was angered at what Lex did. He thought he could trust him, but what he found in that disturbing room last year, he lost all trust and hope in Lex Luthor. Chloe’s eyes were as wide as plates and you could see her pupils clearly. A tear bubbled up in her left eye and she scoffed and walked out. ‘A lot of good that did.’ She lost all of her sarcasm because Clark stole it during that short banter.

“Pull yourself together Chloe. You’re not an enemy of Clark. He’s just angered at whatever Lex did.” She comforted herself as she drove down the high way that lead to Luthor Manor. She hoped that Lex wouldn’t have an outburst with her as well. It has been a few months since she’s seen Lex. The last time she saw him was during his father’s trial. She pulled up the huge drive of the mansion, whipped a few tears and got out of the car and headed into her next assignment. Would he blow her off as well, or will she actually get a few words out of Lex Luthor?

TBC
--------------------
Should I continue?!!! Please I need feed back. It helps me to go on. lol..

Christy January
3rd September 2005, 05:12
Interesting. By all means, continue.

Dailyplanet28
3rd September 2005, 05:22
It's a really cool beginning...

honestly though what's up clarks ass to yell at Chloe like that sure he's mad at Lex but does he seem to be forgetting all the times he's lied to Lex? How can he not expect him to be curious... srry that was some what off topic...

Neways there is no question that you should continue, this one sounds like it could become something really good...*stares intrigued*

YOU ROCK!!! KEEP WRITING THE CHLEX!!!!

yasietha

darkangel
3rd September 2005, 08:38
Going good.....continue soon please.

pipersmum
3rd September 2005, 23:33
interesting i can't wait for more

Sandy
4th September 2005, 00:52
Chapter Two: Interview and lies
A/n: I changed the pairing to Chlex friendship
“When I heard that Chloe Sullivan was at the front gate, I was surprised.” He said with a smile and he was happy to see her and embraced her with a hug. Chloe was shocked and she reluctantly let go.
“I know it’s last minute, but I was wondering if I could interview you for the Torch?” She questioned. ‘That should get me by.’ She thought, and Lex raised a brow and sipped his glass of wine he was holding in his left hand.
“Interview away Chloe.” He said and sat back down at his desk and Chloe sat across from his desk. She was nervous and brushed her hair behind her ear. She had a pencil and a notepad out ready to write down some answers. She hoped that she would get something out of him, and not a fight. He looked happier then she had seen him before. Did she make him happy, or was he happy to at least have some company? That annoyed her to the point of insanity. Chloe sighed nervously. She was swimming in dangerous waters, but she didn’t care. All she wanted to do was to shed some light on his life. She had no intensions of being of his girlfriend, but she also had no idea what she was getting into when she spoke her first question.
“Would you say you’ve had a full life?” She asked hoping to get an answer out of him. Lex pondered that a moment. He didn’t want to give any details about his traumatic life. It was too painful and it pained him to the present day. He did the next thing that came to mind. He lied.
“Yes.” ‘That was it? No juicy details?’ She shouted in her mind angrily. She knew she wasn’t going to get anywhere.
“That’s it?” She asked disappointedly and Lex knew she was disappointed. He felt proud of himself for that. The last thing he would need was for her to know all of his secrets. He was so used to the press and blowing them off. But this one was different. He didn’t have the heart to blow off Chloe.
“It’s a yes or no question Chloe.” He smirked and he knew he had won. ‘Well I’m not going to get any information out this way.’ She bantered with herself. A smile crept onto her face as she thought of her next question.
“What’s your ideal in the perfect women?” She said and bit the top of her eraser on her pencil excitedly. Lex smirked again with a sigh of annoyance. He knew where she was getting at.
“What’s the sudden interest in my love life Chloe? Are you interested?” He said coolly and leaned back in his chair pressing his finger tips against each other. Chloe scoffed.
“No. You probably wouldn’t even date me anyway.” She was getting angry and her face looked flustered. Lex got a little tense.
“Wouldn’t I? You don’t think that Lex Luthor can handle younger women? I’m pretty capable of handling the opposite sex Chloe.” He had a grin on his face that Chloe wanted to slap off so bad. She sent him a glare of hate that one look and you would be dead.
“Is that a challenge Mr. Luthor?” Her voice was cold and harsh. Lex knew he had angered her, and he didn’t want to loose his friendship with her. He was actually doing her a favor by not asking her out. He knew that they would break up anyway with all of his secrets getting in the way.
“Trust me Chloe. It would never work out between us.” He said as he got up to pour himself a glass of scotch.
“How do you know until you’ve tried?” That stopped Lex from grabbing his half full glass. Was she asking me out? He thought.
“I have been branded and burned too many times in my life Chloe. I have this attraction of falling for the wrong women.” He was angry. Chloe rose off her seat and went straight up to him. She looked like she was about to slap him.
“What are you so afraid of?” ‘Me.’ He thought. Her eyes were piercing to him and he didn’t like that look in her eyes.
“Is this on or off the record?” He said sternly still showing his angered expression. Oh she would punch him if she could.
“You really didn’t come here for an interview did you Ms. Sullivan? You just wanted to see if you could get me in bed is that right?” Lex kicked her off the edge and she slapped him so hard that you could hear it stung, or probably hear it down the hall. Lex scoffed and there was a light red impression of Chloe’s hand on his cheek. He rubbed his cheek in pain and he glared at her. His eyes were dark and full of threats and more banter on the way if she didn’t leave.
“Get out.” He said above a whisper. He was angry and he was seeing his past that he did not wish to see.
“I’m not leaving until I get my interview.” She scolded and she wasn’t even afraid of his temper. Lex was impressed at her courage and how she didn’t look afraid at him.
“Then you might as well pull up a chair because I’m not giving it.” He said like a brat and got his glass and went back to his desk to burry his head in work.
“You’re so stubborn you know that? You won’t let anyone in your life. That’s why you always end up getting hurt in relationships.” Lex smirked at her wit.
“I suppose you know more about the opposite sex?” As soon as he finished saying that Clark crept in her mind. She would show him how open she could be.
“You’re not the only one who has been hurt Mr. Luthor.” Lex scoffed.
“Please tell me this isn’t about Clark Kent.” He groaned and logged on the internet to check his emails. Chloe smiled evilly and she dared to bring up that name.
“It is.” She said proudly and sat back down across from him. Lex sighed annoyingly and continued to read his emails.

“I knew I would never have a chance with him, so I kept my distance. But the question you should be asking yourself Mr. Luthor, is why you keep pushing people away from ever getting in? Was your life that bad that you always hurt the ones you love?” Lex’s eye twitched and he was annoyed, angry, and he just wanted her to leave.
“You’re not the only one who’s had a hard life Lex. Mine wasn’t a piece of cake either.”
“Don’t sit there and tell me that you’ve had a bad life Ms. Sullivan. You wanna know the truth? Well the truth is boring! The truth is dumb! I wish my past life never happen! There were so many things I did wrong, that I know I’ll never be able to make them up!” He shouted.
“I thought all you cared about was the truth?” She whispered, and she was afraid.
“If you came here thinking you could get me to open up Chloe, then you won’t get anywhere. If we dated it would never work out, trust me. It would never work. Never! Now get out!” He shouted as he pointed his index finger to the door, and a tear slid down her cheek. There was no use in getting this guy to open. He glared at her as he continued to point his finger to the door.
“Excuse me for caring.” She scoffed and walked out the door. She didn’t bother trying again. All he would do was argue and it would be the same thing.

The End
--------------
I wanted this to be a one shot, but the first chapter was too long. I know it's short, and the ending stinks, but that's how I had it played out in my head. Hope you liked it. Oh, and if it doesn't make any sense, well...

Dailyplanet28
5th September 2005, 01:26
Aww, that was sad but somewhat realistic. Lex can't really open up to anyone. But it was styll sad, but in a good way.

I liked it, even if it was too short :D

“You really didn’t come here for an interview did you Ms. Sullivan? You just wanted to see if you could get me in bed is that right?” Lex kicked her off the edge and she slapped him so hard that you could hear it stung, or probably hear it down the hall.

Chloe slapping Lex, I wanna see that!! Lex really has the whole tormented soul thing down. I wish he could just open up tp someone!!

Loved the story!!

yasietha

darkangel
5th September 2005, 05:01
He deserved that slap.

fluffyreigns
7th September 2005, 06:55
great fic . i agree with dark angel about the slap.

starmoon
6th October 2005, 20:14
great story and i also agree with darkangle that he deserved the slap.

starmoon
18th November 2005, 19:55
lex is such a jerk and one day when he looks back on this day he will regret what he did to chloe but it is to late. i gess he was ment to be alone hating the world and evil. lex has no one to blame but himself for how he ends up in the furture.

spaceboi's pixie
29th November 2005, 15:04
great fic lex was a big jerk and i agree with the slap but i kind of feel sorry for him i would hate to have his father and his life it would suck big time tina