PDA

View Full Version : Daydreams - PG13

Blaire023
31st August 2005, 18:38
Title: Daydreams
Author: Blaire
Rated: PG13 for playful banter
Summary: Lex reflects on the past.
A/N: I didn't reread it, I didn't run spellcheck, so ignore the mistakes.

It seemed like she'd always been there. Waiting. Just waiting.

Lex cleared his throat and leaned in the doorway of her office, unsuccessfully hiding a smile as she held up a finger and finished typing with one hand. She paused long enough to flip over a leaflet of legal paper on her notepad and continued typing in rapid succession. Know it could go on for quite a while, he crossed his arms over his chest and rested his shoulder more comfortably against the doorjamb, prepared to watch her for however long it took for her to fully acknowledge his existence.

Instead of interrupting her, he'd learned to just watch. Watch her in her element. Fixated on whatever she was doing at the time. Most of the time she was writing. Sometimes he'd catch her with her chin propped up on her fists, staring blanking out into nowhere. Oh, what he'd give to crawl into that never ending fount of information. How he longed to join her in her imagination. But no matter what she was doing, there was a peacefullness about her that he couldn't get over.

He'd come to terms a long time ago to just sit back and enjoy her. Her rants, her faraway look when she was daydreaming, her laughter when she was truly excited. She had so many expressions. Each day he tried to memorize one more. Just one more.

Lately he'd been failing miserably at it.

God, she was so beautiful, Lex thought as the last rays of sunlight filtered in through the open slats of her blinds, slanting over her hair. Illuminating her features.

She still looked every day of her youth as she had when he'd met her. Nearly two decades had past, and yet she was still the same carefree adolescent with all that energy just simmering under the surface. She had always been a force to be reckoned with. She had always been the unattainable slip of a girl. And she would always be the woman he fell in love with so many years ago with that childlike gleam sparkling mischieviously in her eyes.

He remembered it like it was yesterday.

"Chloe, I can't possibly take time off now. It's not as if you haven't been paying attention to the gossip columns."

Chloe huffed out a breath as she stood in front of his desk, her bangs doing a wild dance before settling again in her eyes. "I read, I just don't absorb it." She sat on the corner of his desk and ran her fingers over the manila folders piling up. "I just thought with yet another wedding looming in your near future..."

"Tomorrow." Lex interupted her.

"All right, tomorrow. You're getting married tomorrow, Lex. You realize what this means, right?"

Lex rolled his eyes and continued working, reading through each contract and drawing up notes on each of them. "She's not homicidal."

Chloe pushed herself off his desk and settled her hands on her hips. "Oh, that's good to know." He could hear the sarcasm laced in her voice. "Not yet, she isn't."

Lex frowned at the computer screen and shot a glare up at her which she brushed away with a slice of her hand through the air. "Don't give me that look. Two weeks, Lex. Give her that much time of living with you and you'll be jumping out of stained glass windows again in no time."

Lex thumped his elbows down on his desk to rest his head in his open palms. "That was a sniper attack, Chloe."

"Well, whatever. They all start to sound the same after a while."

Lex sneered at that and got back to work.

"Ooh."

Lex glanced up at her excited exclamation. "What now?"

"You're getting married tomorrow."

"Yes, I think we've covered that."

Chloe pulled back the sleeve of her coal colored henley and checked the time. "It's a little past 10 right now. If we leave now we can make it to Metropolis and be back before your wedding."

Lex rubbed at his eyes with the heels of his palms. Sometimes he wondered how his head didn't explode with trying to follow her ramblings. "And why would we be making an impromptu trip to Metropolis on the night before my wedding?"

Chloe smiled at him and he saw that flicker of something light up in her eyes. He knew, knew as soon as he saw it, that he would probably be sorry. But what came out of her mouth, was the most stunning thing he'd ever heard her say to date.

"We could get married."

Chloe laughed as Lex continued to just stare at her, mouth hanging open as far as dignified gaping would allow.

"You heard me right. We could get married. Metropolis is like Las Vegas in the fact that it caters to all the night owls, right? Well they have to have a 24 hour chapel. Don't you think so? We could get married, and I could move into the penthouse and become a pampered socialite with regularly scheduled pampering sessions." She gasped as her cheeks got rosy and she waved her hands around excitedly. "I could be the next Mrs. Lex Luthor, could you just imagine it? Oh, Lex." She came around the desk and grabbed his hands, pulling him out of his chair before he even realized what she was doing. She did a little sway with her hips and giggled excitedly. "We could have sex, and kids, and I wouldn't try to kill you, because I pretty much already live with you."

When Lex continued to just stand there and stare down at her, she grabbed his face with her hands and pulled him down to her where she planted a big smacking kiss on his lips.

"What do you say?"

Lex blinked stupidly and rubbed at his temples with his fingers. "Chloe, we can't get married."

Chloe smiled and nodded. "Sure we can."

"Chloe."

His voice was a warning that she didn't heed. "Come on, Lex. How long have you known Miranda?"

"Amanda," Lex corrected her. "And we've been dating for a few months."

"One month and a few weeks."

"Whatever." Lex grumbled as he sat back down in his seat.

Chloe leaned forward, putting her hands on either side of his chair, trapping him in. "We've known eachother for how long? Almost a decade?"

Lex cleared his throat and nodded. "I fail to see the logic..."

"And that's your problem, Lex. I've seen you go through how many wives? Seven. This'll be number eight. Eight, Lex. That's a whole lot of murder attempts."

Lex chuckled at the serious tone of her voice. "What makes you so sure you wouldn't try to kill me, too?"

Chloe sat down on his outstretched legs and wiggled back until her hip was pressed uncomfortably up against his abdomen. "Because I actually love you."

Lex stared at her for what felt like a lifetime. Chloe took the initiative and brushed her lips across the wrinkled forming above his eyebrows. Not thinking for the first time in her life how handsome he really was. "You're joking, right?"

Chloe felt her smile spread until she was sure her face would crack. It was one of the famous Sullivan ones. "Not at all, Lex." She ran her hands across the smooth skin of his head. "I'm completely serious." She stood up and held out a hand to him, giving him enough room to maneuver. "Let's get married, Lex. Let's run off and elope. Let's give those gossip columnists something to really write about."

And they did, Lex reflected. They made it back in time for his wedding and he had spent nearly a half hour dodging fragile stonewear being thrown at his head. Presents had been crushed in outrage, a few heirlooms had been broken. But all in all, his intended had acted exactly as he'd thought she would.

And then he and Chloe had gone into the church and announced their exchange of vows the night before. He'd been congratulated by a few baffled people, and silently warned by a few others. But that night he and Chloe had had sex.

Over and over again.

In the morning neither of them could do more than stumble to the bathroom and back again. And then they're spent a few more days in the comfort of the mansion with staff to wait on them day and night. He fell asleep every night listening to Chloe's soft breathing, her naked body pressed up against his. And he'd slept better than he had since he'd been just a small boy.

Chloe looked up from her article to see Lex standing in the doorway, absently staring off into space with a small smile curved on his handsome face. Sometimes she caught him daydreaming and wondered what exactly he was thinking of to bring that vacant yet hot look into his eyes.

She cleared her throat and smiled as his eyes cleared and shifted over to meet hers. "I'm almost done, just a few more minutes."

Lex nodded and straightened from the door. "I was thinking we could grab some dinner on the way home."

Chloe smiled as she put the final touches on her article. "Sounds wonderful." She sighed as she saved it to two floppy disks and slid one of them into a padded envelope. "All right. Finished."

Lex picked up her purse from the corner of her desk and held it out to her. Chloe took her purse from him and watched as he led her through her office and into the hallways of the Daily Planet. "I was thinking we could grab something else on the way home, too."

Lex furrowed his brow at her as he stepped into the elevator and held it for her, then pushed the button for the lobby. "What's that?"

The pinch on his ass had him laughing outright. He didn't even bother to rub away the sting, knowing she'd probably just treat the other cheek to the same thing. "I'll remember that for later, Mrs. Luthor."

Chloe grinned as she wound her arm through his and let him lead her to his car. They tried to carpool whenever possible to squeeze in as much time together as they could in one day. "I also have an idea of what I want to eat."

Lex looked down at her as he held her car door open for her. The way her lashes had lowered halfway over her eyes, the sultry half smile she aimed at him. Lex groaned as his body tigthened. "Whatever you want, I'll make sure it's on the menu." He said as he got into the drivers seat and buckled himself in.

Chloe reached across the stick shift and squeezed his thigh with her hand. "Mmm." She agreed and laughed when he jumped as he revved the car in reverse out of the garage just a little too hard.

"Careful, Chloe. You're playing with fire."

Chloe leaned across the console and nuzzled his ear with her nose, then whispered seductively, "Hurry home, Lex. Fire isn't the only thing I want to play with."

Lex laughed as he enjoyed the level their banter had reached after they'd gotten married five years ago. When his daydreams had become a reality.

Kit Merlot
31st August 2005, 19:07
This was a very sweet story!

And good for Chloe for telling Lex the truth about how she feels about him :grin3:

hfce
31st August 2005, 23:53
Oh my that was wonderful. :clapclap: classic Chlex. :D

Hope :)

meeaz
1st September 2005, 00:44
this was so cute! and chloe's proposal to lex was awesome.

Natasha
1st September 2005, 01:08
This was such a lovely story. Chloe's proposal was great. I did not suspect that she was going to do that.

Title: Daydreams

He'd come to terms a long time ago to just sit back and enjoy her. Her rants, her faraway look when she was daydreaming, her laughter when she was truly excited. She had so many expressions. Each day he tried to memorize one more. Just one more.

I loved how much Lex knows so much about Chloe's different expressions.

Great Story.

sylvia
1st September 2005, 07:25
"Don't give me that look. Two weeks, Lex. Give her that much time of living with you and you'll be jumping out of stained glass windows again in no time."

Lex thumped his elbows down on his desk to rest his head in his open palms. "That was a sniper attack, Chloe."

"Well, whatever. They all start to sound the same after a while."

Lex sneered at that and got back to work.

"Ooh."

Lex glanced up at her excited exclamation. "What now?"

"You're getting married tomorrow."

"Yes, I think we've covered that."I love how cute they are together. Chloe's proposal rocked, never mind the fact that they pulled a Britney Spears. Lovely writing.

planetcal
1st September 2005, 08:18
Great chlex story. I loved that proposal.

Sandy
1st September 2005, 21:13
That was good. :)

buddyfozzy
1st September 2005, 21:40
Aww, this was so sweet. ;)

*LexLover*
3rd September 2005, 07:00
as usual, blaire is amazing! lol

buffiy18
27th September 2005, 01:57
Awe that was wonderfully cute.:wub:

kimmie
28th September 2005, 00:38
Oh my God i loved that. I loved how spontaneous Chloe was, the way she just told Lex how she felt and they got married right away...Why can't stuff like that ever happen in real life??? Oh yeah 'cos real life sucks!!!

kimmie

starmoon
6th October 2005, 20:22
that was wonderful and sweet. i like that chloe just up and decided they sould get married and loved it even more when lex agreed.

moonlit
9th October 2005, 23:19
I think this goes without saying but Lex NEEDS someone who not only can match his mental capacity but who also, won't try to kill him!! .... Like Chloe. Great story. ^.^v

Tanschana
12th August 2008, 03:34
Cute!
Love the story!

Reese
12th August 2008, 03:47
Oh, that was good! Good banter, good memories...warm and fuzzy yet oddly not fluffy. Hm. How did you do that? ;)

~*~Tasha~*~
4th October 2009, 06:49
Very sweet ... loved the daydream and the reality.

macgurL91
18th October 2009, 17:59
i love it!!!!

Ami Rose
16th August 2012, 03:12
Lmao that was cute

ladyfayerie
9th October 2012, 04:52
Go, Chloe! The guts! :D Good thing Lex followed her lead. Love this :)