PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] I Warned Him (PG)

A-u-r-o-r-a
14th May 2003, 21:09
"I warned him" (Homage to the video) -

------------------------------

General concept - Songfic/Humour/Lex

Notes – I saw “Lana why don’t you get a job” by Gemini and I have to say its fantastic ^_^ This is a little fic based on the song, slightly twisting what the video intends. Lex is basically enjoying watching the Clark/Lana/Chloe triangle.
No one speaks throughout this short fic.

Rating – PG

Disclaimer - I don’t own Smallville and I’m not the brilliant Gemini who brought together that video, please don’t connect it with me as I had nothing to do with it, I just love it ^_^

-- NB/ it is highly recomeded you listen to ‘Get a Job’ by Offspring whilst reading this. Also, if you don’t know this song? You’ll be very confused…good luck! –

------------------------------

Lex was walking briskly along the sidewalk up to the Talon. The sun was shining high in the morning Sunday sky and he was in an insatiably good mood. He couldn’t explain it, perhaps it was the summer, perhaps it was the happiness on people’s faces when they saw him; weather does that to people

Or perhaps it was the fact that he was on his way to see his favourite love triangle in another verbal outrage contest to the test. Starring Chloe Sullivan as the verbal judo master, Clark Kent as the stupid farm-boy who keeps stringing the pair along, and Lana; the idiot girl next door who just cant seem to get through to his thick skull

Lex smirked to himself and brought up a steady pace as he walked.
One, two, one, two…

a certain song drifted into his head as the Talon got closer and closer. He thought how terribly apt it was:

My friend’s got a girlfriend and he hates that bitch!
He tells me everyday,

One, Two. One, Two…

He says “Man I really gotta lose my chick
In the worst kinda way”

One, Two, Smirk, Two…

She sits on her ass he works his hands to the bone,
That’s Lana

To give her money every payday…

Pushing the talon door open, he saw Clark cowered in a corner as an enraged Lana stalked up to him. Lex shot him a look of pity, shook his head and laughed

…But she wants more Tinara just to stay at home
Well my friend, you gotta say”

Lex could see his friend cowering under Lana’s nagging and couldn’t help but chuckle. He had warned Clark thousands of times about messing Lana about, he didn’t give her those kickboxing lessons for nothing.
Settling himself in the booth he slid one arm up the side of the seat and smirked as Clark got a severe ear bashing from Lana for something or another.

I wont pay, I wont pay ya!
No way!
Lana, why don’t you get a job?!
Sail away, Sail away
No way!

Clark shot Lex a look of desperation, but Lex just quietly ordered an espresso and watched. Enjoying every second as Clark squirmed

I gets so much money well it isn’t enough
To keep the bill collectors at bay

‘Are you listning to me?!’ Lex saw Lana mouthing at Clark. She followed his stare of desperation and spotted Lex, who quickly flinched and looked away innocently, whistling to himself

I gets so much money well it isn’t enough
Cos that girl’s got expensive taste

Lana threw up her hands and left. Lex’s sneaky eyes followed her as she stormed into the backroom and he snorted laughter into his coffee. He grinned back at Clark who was looking worn out
‘I warned him’ Lex thought to himself, and sipped his coffee surreptitiously

No way!
Sail away, Sail away
No way!

Suddenly Lex registered Clark’s stare at him from his corner as a look of infinite jealously. Lex bathed in it warmly. Yes, he didn’t have these problems. Yes, he was so much better looking than Clark and yes it was great being Lex Luther today!
Clarks eyes narrowed at him in green envy

Well I guess it aint easy doin nothing at all!
Oh yeh,

Lex raised his eyebrows defensively at Clark, they were having a conversation of looks now. But Lex was still having the time of his life. He defended himself. Hey, he couldn’t help being a rich, smug, gorgeous fiend;

Well hey man, free rides just don’t come aloooong, everyday!

A small fiery blonde burst in through the talon doors right on cue…introduciiiing!…

Let me tell ya ‘bout my other friend now!!!

Lex jumped in his booth as Chloe shoved her way into the talon and made a bee-line for Clark. He chuckled to himself and watched over the rim of his coffee. ‘Ooooh Clark what have you done?’ Lex thought and a sly grin curled his lips

My friends got a boyfriend and she hates that dick

That’s you, Clark

She tells me everyday

‘Help me’ Clark mouthed. Lex shook his head

He wants more Tinara just to stay at home

SPLASH

Well my friend, you gotta say

Oooh…just be grateful that was ice-tea, Clark.

No way!

Lex couldn’t stand it anymore. He burst out laughing into his coffee and had to put it down. He was just about to calm himself when he saw the lemon on the top of Clark’s head from the Ice-tea, and doubled over in hysterics. Clark saw him and felt like strangling Lex to death

Sail away, Sail away
No way!

Suddenly Chloe saw whom Clark was gritting his teeth angrily at and spun her head around to see Lex in hysterics in the corner. She narrowed her eyes and started towards him.

I wont give ya no money!
I always pay!
Lana why don’t you get a job!

Lex opened his eyes from laughing to see Chloe standing over him looking extremely pissed off. Clark was still in his corner and looked very smug
Lex looked quite insecure as she stood there, the fact she was holding a pitcher of water didn’t sooth his suspicions any further…

Sail away, Sail away-yah!…

Lex tried a cute grin at her but it failed miserably, Clark was leaning forward on his elbows watching from the other side of the talon. He had a very annoying smirk on his face

No wa-a-a-ay! …

Lifting the pitcher Chloe suddenly and forcefully poured the contents all over Lex’s head. He gasped as it dripped down his face. Chloe stormed around and slammed her way out of the door, Lex watched her leave and angrily shook his head, drips flying everywhere

Lana, why don’t you get a… jooooooooob?!

Clark was now in fits of uncontrollable laughter. He pointed at Lex and doubled over, clutching at his sides. Lex narrowed his brow and pouted at him angrily.
Sulking, he picked up his coffee and sipped it. The drips rolled down his nose and sploshed into his espresso

He thought about watching the angry love triangle from a distance next time…

-----------

scifichick774
14th May 2003, 21:34
Hee hee hee. That was a great video - and a terrific homage. Well done.

Gemini
14th May 2003, 22:54
:lol: That was amazing!! I loved how it was written... mmm... wet Lex... (sorry, one-tracked mind) Where was I? Oh yes, it was really nice of you to do a homage of sorts, *grin*

sabby
15th May 2003, 00:18
Oh that was SWEEEEEEET :biggrin:

hugs,
Sabby

hfce
15th May 2003, 03:01
Oh that was great. :lol:

Hope :chlexsign2:

petriebird18
15th May 2003, 04:21
:lol: :hehe: THAT WAS GREAT! poor lex, he should have known better! :biggrin:
~Deidre~
:chlexsign3:

bluemoongirl23
15th May 2003, 04:41
*snort* Good one. I especially love Lex's thoughts about Lana.

Blue

Blaire023
17th May 2003, 19:35
OMG That was hilarious, thank you I needed a really good laugh today!

B

kidkarmina
24th July 2003, 18:44
Very hilarious and unique video/fic :biggrin: ! Well done :yay: !

Tandy
25th July 2003, 02:36
:biggrin: Very nice!
LOL!

Tandy

autumngold
26th October 2003, 06:10
Your story is hilarious! :eyebrows: :hehe: Lex should know better than to laugh at Chloe! :) Great story! :chlexsign3:

Alizaleven
5th July 2006, 08:25
This is just soo funny! I was actually listening to that song today too hehe

bellshell
14th July 2006, 05:48
:rofl: Oh my my...funniest story EVER! Lana is a total...well you know.:D

April
17th October 2006, 03:50
I loved this. It was too funny! :rofl: