PDA

View Full Version : I Wished For (PG-13/R - T/M) By PMD

Queen Of Tact
12th July 2005, 19:33
Thanks goes to CC for being my eyes and ears at the moment. At this time, for some reason, I can't get in to post at all. And with that, if you guys could send feedback directly to me, I would be grateful---and so would CC's hands, as well as her eyes and ears. Enjoy.

Title: In Honor Of MR's Birthday - "I Wished For"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13/R - T/M

Category: Chlex, futurefic, Lex's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: The wishes still come, even though some don't come true.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, and any sayings within, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, and the WBFFZ, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: First off, this is dedicated to a wonderful actor, MR. Hope you have a great birthday, dude. And to all my friends out there who have been a constant support through my writing of Chlex---thank you---hope this shows how much I appreciate and love you all. And last but not least, thanks goes to CC for helping me too---your birthday fic is coming, sweetie. : ) Now, enjoy.

In Honor Of MR's Birthday - "I Wished For" - by PMD

Prologue: What does a billionaire wish for---something money can never buy.

~

The Mansion - Near Future

I'd just come home from a grueling trip; saving another business or company from my father's greedy little hands.

Before I can even open the door, James does it, smiling at me.

"What?" I ask him, tiredly.

"Happy Birthday, Sir."

Oh God---my birthday. I forgot.

"Sir?"

"Oh, thank you, James. Now, if we can forget about it for the rest of the night, I would be forever grateful."

"Sir?" he asks again, quizzedly.

I let out a sigh. "Just not in the celebrating mood."

"Oh---lost the company?"

I walk past him and hear the door shut behind me.

"No, saved it but---"

"Oh, nothing to wish for or to share your special day with, Sir."

I turn around and nod my head.

"Sir, if it helps, I could stay and celebrate with you. I've got some party balloons and noise makers saved from New Years."

I give him a slight smile and walk up, patting him on his arm. "No, I know you have something planned for tonight, James. Go on; I'll be okay."

"Are you sure, Sir?"

"Is Chloe a pest?"

"I don't know, Sir. I thought she was a bright young woman who brought life to you, when she's around."

"Yes, I believe you are right, James. But go on anyway."

"Thank you, Sir," he states, before he turns and walks away.

I turn and walk towards my study, a little heavier in thoughts than I was before, thanks to the mention of Chloe Sullivan, the woman I love and yet can't find the courage to tell her. Coward am I, when it comes to true love, I guess. Or just afraid she doesn't feel the same.

~

The Study

I sit with my customary drink. I stare at the liquid in the glass and promise myself, if I ever get the courage to take her on, I will stop drinking.

I let out a sigh as the phone rings. I pick it up and:

'Hello, Son.'

"Father."

'I wanted to wish you---'

"Stop right there. I don't need or want your birthday wishes!"

'Son, don't be so childish.'

"Childish---you want childish?"

I slam the phone down and unplug it.

"Now that's childish but it feels so good to do it," I chuckle.

God, I wish I was a child so I could make wishes like I did before, even though a lot never came true.

I wished for my mother to survive. But her heart gave out and I was left alone with a monster of a father.

I wished that I could have gone to her funeral to say goodbye. But he didn't even allow me that---to have closure.

I wished for my father's love and help to get through the loss---but that was not to be. He sent me away, not giving me the help I so urgently needed. And I had a psychotic break, thanks to that.

I wished that I didn't get kicked out of schools so often just to get his attention. Unfortunately, I broke the record in that account and his attention span, in regards to me, was that of a child.

I wished that I hadn't destroyed a young girl's life when she shot her fiancee. Unfortunately, I did and it came back to haunt me years later. I almost lost my own life over it but more importantly, she killed herself and she might not have, if I had been there. Damn my father for telling me to leave her alone and damn me, for listening to him.

I wished for a friend who wouldn't turn his back on me. I found that friend one day---a wish come true---for the most part. I mean, there have been times when we've had the rocky road ahead of us and he hasn't believed in me and I've thought he kept stuff from me too. He did---I know the secret now and thus, I keep far away from my father, unless really necessary. He will never know the truth that Clark's friends hold so dear. If he ever did find out, I might have to drive him crazy so no one would believe him. Although, he might seem crazy, saying Clark's secret out loud. Clark might have turned his back on me, once in a while, but then he's come back, embraced me, and we've continued on that road of friendship.

I found another friend whom I helped open up a dream forgotten in a coffee shop. Sure she's been unsure about me at times too, but I've tried my best to show her I can be trusted now. To the point of asking her to take over The Talon Metro so that she could be in the same city as Clark.

Yes, they are together---Jason is no more; Lois is but a memory. Now I wish I had someone for myself---since they are so happy and in love.

Now I wish I had her---a blonde spitfire, who lights up the room when she walks in. Who stands there, raging at injustice and then does something about it. Someone who will be loyal until the proverbial cows come home. Someone who likes you and will make you be a better man, because you can be a better man.

She won't let me, or anybody else, get away from acting second best. She can be a pain in the butt but that pain in the butt has saved a lot of lonely nights and days for me. She's my best friend, even over Clark. She won't let me wallow in self-pity---or allow my father to destroy me or anybody else either. She would die for me and other's---but I want her to live. I love her and this year, I wish for the courage to tell her this.

But she's not here. I let out a sigh, opening my eyes and downing the drink, in one gulp. Then I get up and take the glass over to the bar. I turn away and walk out of the room and make my way to my bedroom.

I open the door and stop dead in my tracks. Somebody is in my bed---who is it? I hope it's not some brunette who thinks she's getting lucky tonight. It's not going to happen. Not ever again.

I walk over to the bed and let out a sigh. No brunette---it's my dream come true; hopefully dreaming about me.

She's all in lavender with a purple bow on her front. Her breathing is steady and she has this smile on her face---a whisper of a one.

"Lex," she sighs out. Well, that's the right name to sigh out, I think, smiling.

I lean down, whispering, "My wish come true."

Her eyes pop open and I see that megawatt smile that can stop an elephant in it's tracks. Then I see a tear streak down her cheek and I brush it away.

"Are you---?"

"I'm okay---just a little---I mean---you're mine too, Lex. I just---"

"---love me, like I love you. Chloe, you're what I wished for this year; that and the courage to tell you, I love you. I didn't think it possible but---"

She stops me by saying, "Shush---I'm here---I love you---and that'll never change."

I move onto the bed and lean in to kiss her gently. I back away and she giggles.

"Now that's a reaction I've never gotten from somebody sober," I quip.

"Not the kiss---I'm still wearing the bow. Don't you want to open your birthday present?"

"Oh, well, you know, I've always been a slow unwrapper. I figured it was something boring like a book or a weapon, when I was younger."

"Your father gave you weapons when you were young? Man, that guy is seriously whacked."

"Seriously whacked?" I ask, with a lifted eyebrow.

"Okay---crazy---happy now?"

"Much better. Rap music in your lexicon at the moment?"

"Yeah, I'm doing an article about it for the Ledger. It grows on you---I kinda like the expressions that people come up with in it."

"So do I. But for now---I better unwrap my present. Does it do anything?"

"Well, if the person plays his cards right, it might have sex with him."

I grab at the bow and pull it off her.

She grins at me, seducing me with her impish smile. As I slowly move towards her, to help with her nightie, she falls into my arms and we kiss. Finally, my wish come true for this year and years to come---a love that will sustain both of us through the good and the bad times.

The End.

Natasha
12th July 2005, 22:34
I loved this story. James was very amusing, and I am glad that Lex got his birthday wish.

teejei
12th July 2005, 23:28
"Is Chloe a pest?"

"I don't know, Sir. I thought she was a bright young woman who brought life to you, when she's around."see, Lex? even James adores her. go tell her you love her. *nudge, nudge*

I wished for a friend who wouldn't turn his back on me. I found that friend one day---a wish come true---for the most part. I mean, there have been times when we've had the rocky road ahead of us and he hasn't believed in me and I've thought he kept stuff from me too. He did---I know the secret now and thus, I keep far away from my father, unless really necessary. He will never know the truth that Clark's friends hold so dear. If he ever did find out, I might have to drive him crazy so no one would believe him. Although, he might seem crazy, saying Clark's secret out loud. Clark might have turned his back on me, once in a while, but then he's come back, embraced me, and we've continued on that road of friendship.i think this is the Clark some of us [right? :confuse2:] wish for.

I found another friend whom I helped open up a dream forgotten in a coffee shop. Sure she's been unsure about me at times too, but I've tried my best to show her I can be trusted now. To the point of asking her to take over The Talon Metro so that she could be in the same city as Clark.and this is the Lana i could tolerate. Talon Metro, huh. at least things are looking up for Lana; she's not stuck in cow-town, and she'd have a ball with Clark.

Now I wish I had her---a blonde spitfire, who lights up the room when she walks in. Who stands there, raging at injustice and then does something about it. Someone who will be loyal until the proverbial cows come home. Someone who likes you and will make you be a better man, because you can be a better man.

She won't let me, or anybody else, get away from acting second best. She can be a pain in the butt but that pain in the butt has saved a lot of lonely nights and days for me. She's my best friend, even over Clark. She won't let me wallow in self-pity---or allow my father to destroy me or anybody else either. She would die for me and other's---but I want her to live. I love her and this year, I wish for the courage to tell her this.:wub: <--this says it all.

I hope it's not some brunette who thinks she's getting lucky tonight. It's not going to happen. Not ever again.oh, :rofl:. get in there and throw her out! :P

No brunette---it's my dream come true; hopefully dreaming about me.whoa there! no one's throwing anyone out. get in there and kiss her senseless! :devil:

love it. -gj- keep em coming!

hfce
13th July 2005, 03:26
That was so sweet. :wub:

Louie
13th July 2005, 06:16
awww, That was nice.

starmoon
13th July 2005, 10:02
that was great and sweet. it makes me happy they have one another.

Queen Of Tact
14th July 2005, 04:11
Before I answer the feedback I would like to once again thank CC for getting it to me. : ) Now, on with the show:

Hey Guys:

Natasha: I love James too---he's like Lex's own personal Alfred. Except, he doesn't have a bat cave to clean---just Lionel's weapon room---ouch! Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. : )

Hope: So glad you enjoyed it too, hon. : ) I went whole hog this year---ironically, I write better not watching the show. Hope I don't have to find that out for VM too. :(

Ami Rose
17th March 2018, 10:51
Nice fic