PDA

View Full Version : Quotation (G)

fulolansu
3rd July 2005, 13:57
thanks to sabby who help me to translate this fic from french to english :blinkkiss

diclamer : nothing belongs to me

If your heart stopped beating I would give you mine, after all, without you it is of no use to me anymore.

I remember this terrible day as if it was yesterday, even though it’s been almost two years now since it happened. Two years in which every night, I have the same nightmare that I have really lived.

I feel the same pain that I felt because of its blade, the same suffering that went straight to my heart. An immense pain which is extends through my entire being… And the person, who did this to me as she went away, had left me there, broken, in the middle of the road.

The siren of the arriving ambulance, the chaos that starts happening right in front of my eyes, and you who appears, superb as usual, you speak but I hear nothing, and then everything fades to black.

And I wake up in this hospital room, you are here, near me, your concern is plainly written on your face, you call the doctor, and it’s here that I am given the bad news: I have to undergo heart surgery and need an implant, because mine is too damaged to be able to function.

He also tells me that I have the blood group rarest in the world and that there is little chance that he can find me a heart. Then, he tells me to rest and he leaves. I cannot believe my ears, I will die, at my age, I am still too young.

You are here, leaning against the wall then you approach. You give me a kiss and tell me that you love me, but that it is necessary that you have to take care of some business before you can come back. My heart burns and unconsciously I know that you won’t return. I rest and I sleep; I wake up only when the doctor says that he has very good news, that he has a heart for me and that I should be operated as soon as possible.

I ask him and beg him to wait for you. He accepts, and for a seemingly never-ending hour I wait. I can feel that you have abandoned me, you don’t want an injured woman as girlfriend, I must surely make you feel ashamed, since you don’t return.

Going against my heart I agree to begin the operation without you, but I don’t have any more hope, I know that I will never see you again. You surely hid with another, you don’t look at me, I am your past. And then as soon as I can leave the hospital, I return home to mourn you, you my love who didn’t support me in this trial.

The doorbell rings, my father has already left to go to work. When I open the door, the mailman hands me a letter. I recognize your writing, I open the envelope gently, I am afraid of what it might say and I see written in your hand these few words: If your heart stopped beating I would give you mine, after all, without you it’d of no use to me anymore. I love you, forever.

And it is by reading that I understand, the heart that I have now was not on of chance, it was your heart, you had the same blood group as I do. This is the reason why you never returned, the reason why you will never return again...

My love, you sacrificed yourself for me, because of that I cannot want you, but to live without you isn’t living anymore. For two years now that same nightmare has haunted my nights. I know what I have to do, because without you I don’t exist. You have given your heart to me, now I must give you mine.

Julie
3rd July 2005, 14:34
Glad you decided to post, but you have to add in a rating for your story in the title. Please read the forum rules ;) (If you should have any questions about the forum rules, feel free to PM me)

fulolansu
3rd July 2005, 14:53
What are the differents rating??

hfce
3rd July 2005, 15:30
What are the differents rating??

The ratings are G, PG, PG-13 and R and NC-17. Your story is PG.

It was good but so sad. :(

Hope ;)

tigerbaby
3rd July 2005, 15:39
thanks to sabby who help me to translate this fic from french to english

One other suggestion as the story itself isn't bad but a direct translation doesn't always read correctly. As a final check you may want to run through someone who speaks only English to help you fine tune it. You can find some here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=30) in the Beta Reader thread.

Krysia
3rd July 2005, 18:47
Well this was a bittersweet story if I ever read one. It was so sad it made me cry, but I like it very much. I can understand how all of Chloe's insecurities came to the sufrace when she was in the hospital and Lex didn't show up even through he said he would. It had to be so painfull to live , knowing that he sacrificed his life for her. People looking and her all the time and judging.

fulolansu
3rd July 2005, 22:01
Thanks all :D

meg20
4th July 2005, 18:14
Sad but loved it anyway!

Natasha
4th July 2005, 19:59
This was so sad,but it was really lovely. Great Job

fulolansu
5th July 2005, 14:17
thanks

teejei
5th July 2005, 15:23
ouch.

that's some pretty good writing up there. when i got to the part where Lex had to leave to take care of some business, i just got the chills. i was kinda dreading what would happen next. and then, BAM!

gets me everytime.

love yer lil fic. :love2:

fulolansu
5th July 2005, 20:59
thanks all :D

A new OS by me and with the baddreamer traduction (thanks :blinkkiss )

Si yo algun dia te pierdo Contra el destino yo lucharé Que no lo aguanta mi cuerpo Lo frio de un mundo sin volverte a ver

Sould I lose you one day, I would fight destiny, because I couldn't bear the coldness of a world where you wouldn't be.

It's over Mr Luthor, I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do anymore, we tried everything we could to get her back, but her injury was too serious

The words were echoing on and on in the billionaire's head, it was over, she was dead, his light, his love, his hope, his life, his wife.

It was thanks to her that he had been successful in fighting his destiny and and now that she was no more, his thirst of winning from before they'd met was resurfaced in his heart, and passed through him again.

She was his stranght and his weakness, the sun that would light his nights and keep im company the days.

She was the only one that could make him laugh, who would bring tenderness to his heart, in the joy of his days, and love to his whole being. He still remembered their first meeting at the Torch, she'd always had this fire while answering him, she was the only one that would hold her own against him, she was a fighter, but that day, it was not a battle she'd lost, but the war.

He also remembered their first kisses, passionate just like their love, at the smallville high school, they'd been talking and everything had happened so fast, their lips had met in a passionate kiss

He remebered their wedding day, five years ago, he remembered that day they'd sworn to love and faithfulness "'till death does us part", and even though she was dead, he still loved her, and still remembered the vows of their wedding : Si yo algun dia te pierdo Contra el destino yo lucharé Que no lo aguanta mi cuerpo Lo frio de un mundo sin volverte a ver, ( Should I lose you one day, I would fight destiny/fate, because I couldn't bear the coldness of a world where you wouldn't be.)And it was the truth, it was exactly the way he was feeling right then, he was so cold in this world without her, he had to fight so much not to become his father that he as suffocating, and yet it was only a few hours ago he'd become a widower.

He had to join her, she was his air, without her he wouldn't survive in this world. It was then that he reached his decision, he couldn't live apart from her and she couldn't die without him, it was a step they a to go through together, and he knew she was waiting for him to cross the line which was keeping them from eternity.

He was going to join her, which his why he went back to their home, took the only gun he owned, slowly put it to his temple and fired, just one shot, lost in the immensity of the urban life, he had no regrets and knew in the last moment that it was the only thing that could make him happy again.

He was dead, he knew it as soon as he saw her, without a word, holding hands, they came together to cross the portal of death, yes, he had made the right choice, he would much rather die than live without her.

That's what living people called LOVE...

Natasha
5th July 2005, 21:04
That was intense. I figured he would kill himself, but wow. I enjoyed reading this. Although there was death involved both Chloe and Lex reunited as one.

starmoon
9th July 2005, 23:24
that was very sad but still good and i still loved it.