PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge From Jay - Auctions And Aromas (R/M)

PMD
26th June 2005, 22:29
Every once in a while my friend, Jay, comes up with a challenge that is a real challenge---and this one was. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Title: A Challenge From Jay - "Auctions And Aromas"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: R/M (for suggestive behavior and language)

Category: Chlex, slight humor, futurefic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: An auction seemed like fun at the time.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, the line from As Good As It Gets, Veronica Mars, and it's characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, ElectricChlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, and WBFFZ, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to Jay first and foremost. For challenging me with this piece. Oh, the challenge---Chloe and Lex at an estate auction and they buy something they don't want. Oh, little surprise there with---well, you'll see. : ) Enjoy.

A Challenge From Jay - "Auctions And Aromas" - by PMD

Prologue: I begged him to let me go with him and he acquiesced.

~

Metropolis Estate Auction House

I walk around the room, stopping at this one case and letting out a sigh.

The ring is so beautiful and petite---like I am---or I'm told I am. It sparkled in the light and yet, as I lean over, the shadows I create don’t diminish its internal glow. I let out another sigh and then sense somebody behind me.

I back away from the case and turn around, to a smirking man.

"See anything you like?"

"In the case---no---in front of me, maybe," I volley back.

His smirk is replaced by a frown. "I knew it---after we went to bed, you would tire of me."

"Awwww--is poor Lexy's male ego hurting?" I quip.

He gives me an evil smile. "Yes, it is. And the only way to fix it is to----"

"---find a closet and make out like rabbits?" I finish.

"You read my mind, sweetheart," he states, leaning forward and down, towards my lips.

I stop him before he can kiss me. "Auction first---fun later."

"You really know how to ruin a beautiful moment, Sullivan," he says, with a slight grin.

"Okay---you beat me down---one kiss."

Once more, he makes his way to my lips and this time, I don't stop him---just enjoy something I never thought I would ever have with Lana in my life---a boyfriend who never saw her as anything but a friend.

As he slowly backs away, he looks behind me at the case. I touch his arm and bring him back to me.

"See something that interests you?" I ask him.

"Yes---you."

I give him a quick peck on the lips for that and he smiles, as I back away.

"Yes, you interest me too---all the time."

"The Luthor charm works it's magic again," he quips.

"Rigggght. So, shall we?"

He leans forward and whispers, "We shall, my love."

"The closet or the chair?" I whisper back, to a chuckle from him.

"The chair---you wanted to come," he states, taking my hand.

"Well, next time, if I have a choice between being alone with you and being in a room with 100 people, choose alone time. We have so little of it."

"I will," he says, as we sit down, looking straight ahead. "I will."

~

The Auction Block

I think this is interesting---for about a half an hour. I mean, yeah, there are a lot of incredible characters here that would make up interesting stories but really. After the 8th hit of the gavel and 'sold to---', it kind of loses it's luster and interest for me.

"Lex, can we go?"

"No."

"What---you want to stay? Why?"

"It's getting interesting."

"About as interesting as an afternoon meeting with your father."

He looks at me and smiles. "I thought you liked my father after he changed his tune about us?"

"I do, since we have a mutual enemy to fight in Morgan. But really, his lectures can be as dull as dishwater---even if he's turned from his evil ways. In fact, he was more interesting talking when he was evil."

He chuckles. "Does that mean I'm boring too?"

"Sometimes," I quip.

He leans forward and whispers. "If I say I'll play the evil scientist tonight to your helpless victim---can we stay?"

"No!" I state, getting up and moving one hand to grab him to get him up and waving the other:

"I hear 50. Do I hear 60?"

Lex gets up and waves his hand in a downward motion. "Sit down."

"I hear 60---do I hear 75?"

"Chloe, sit!"

"Do I look like a dog?" I ask, waving my hand again to push him away.

"I hear 75---do I hear 100?"

"Chloe---please sit. You're making a spectacle of yourself," he urgently whispers, his hand pulling me down finally, and the other waving upwards in an 'I'm sorry' to the patrons. Then he plops down

"I hear 100. Do I hear 125? No. 100 once, 100 twice, sold to the couple near the front."

"Ah, Lex?"

He turns to glare at me. "What?"

"Lex, is he talking about us?"

We look forward and Lex points to both of us. The auctioneer nods his head and he sighs. And I close my eyes, with a sigh.

"Okay, what the hell did we buy?" I ask him, not wanting to open my eyes.

I sense his grin and hear his laughter. I open them. "What?"

"We bought some things for the weapon room, I think."

"We bought weapons for 100 dollars?"

"No, some dead animals to put around the room including a moose’s head."

"What? In an estate sale?"

"He was a taxidermist, Chlo."

"Oh---Lex, I'm sorry."

He looks at me with his deep blue azure eyes. "Why? I think it might be a nice present to give my father for his birthday."

"Stuffed dead animals---a mooses head? I thought you liked him now."

"He can still get on my nerves though. Besides, that stuffed skunk is too funny to pass up as a joke on him. Wow--auctions and aromas both at the same place? Imagine that."

I laugh at the thought of Lionel opening the box and finding it there. "Wouldn't that be saying he's a little stinker?"

"In the past for us and for other's now, probably."

"Let's go for it. And Lex, can we go now. You bought something."

He gets up and takes my hand, kissing it softly. "You go get the car---I have to pay for our purchase and get it sent to the penthouse."

"Okay," I state, killing him on the lips and leaving the room.

~

20 minutes later

"Gee, it's about time, Luthor. I was thinking that maybe one of the ladies in there stole you from me. I saw a lot of brunettes in the crowd tonight."

He walks towards me as I toss the keys to him. He catches them but instead of going to the other side of the car, he puts them in his pocket. Then he pulls me away from the car and dips me. I hear clapping as he brings me up and kisses me senseless. Finally, we come up for air and we back away.

"Is that the kiss of a man who needs somebody else in his life?"

I shake my head.

"Good. Don't be so insecure, Chloe. I love you and only you."

"Me too."

"You love you too?" he quips.

"No---I mean, I love you too, Lex."

"Good," he replies, giving me a quick peck on the lips before letting me go and moving over to the other side.

I sag against the car and let out a sigh. Why any woman in this world would call him a cold fish is beyond me? If they knew how hot-blooded he was, they'd be going for him. However, he's mine and they better not forget that.

"Chloe?"

I turn around and look over the car at him, grinning.

"Shut up!" I quip at his smugness.

"Get in the car, woman."

I open the door and get in. "Been talking to Eli again, I see."

"And you've had a refresher course from Veronica, I take it."

I smile at that---thinking about our friends out West. "Lex, think you could take some time off---"

"---so we could visit. Maybe. But for now, home to the penthouse and tomorrow---"

"---your father gets his gifts. Home, James."

"That's Mr. James to you," he states, starting the car and we're off---in more ways than one.

~

Lionel's Penthouse

"Dad?" he yells out, as we walk in.

I close the door and listen to hear anything. Then his manservant comes out.

"Master Lex, Miss Chloe, the master is not at home at the moment."

"Thanks, Robert."

"You're welcome, Master Lex. Would you like me to take that from you?"

"No---it's okay. We'll just put it in the study."

"Very well. He should be home soon."

"Thanks, Robert," Lex says, steering me towards the study.

"I can't wait to see his face," I say.

He has this strange look on his face---exactly the same face he had this morning, when he picked up the box to take it to the car.

"Lex, what's wrong?"

"Nobody has been near this package, right?" he asks me.

"Why do you ask?"

"It's a bit heavier than it was after I checked on it last night."

"Well, Lucas was near it this morning. He came by to tell me he couldn't make it this afternoon---he would come by later to wish Lionel a happy birthday."

"Oh God---you don't suppose---did you tell him what was in here?"

I think and then my eyes widen. "Lex, if he did what we think he did, we can't let your father open this."

"Open what?" we hear from the doorway.

We turn and give his father a fake smile.

"What's going on here, children?"

"Nothing," we both state.

He walks in and looks straight at the box Lex is holding. "Is that for me or garbage for the shute?"

"Ah---well, it was for you but---"

"Lex, hand it over!"

"But, Father, I mean---"

"Now!"

We look at each other and sigh. Then look back at him.

"I'll open it up, Father."

He places the box down and I move to help him.

"Let me, Chloe. Then only one of us will need the bath."

"No, we're in this together. And afterwards, we can both hurt Lucas."

"Deal!"

We open it up and get sprayed---by a real skunk, who's a little pissed at the moment. Okay, why didn’t we notice there were a couple of holes in the box? Oh right, we probably did and thought it was just regular damage.

"Oh God," we both state. "You stink!" we reply to each other.

"You certainly do," Lionel quips, his hanky over his nose. "Lucas, I presume. I knew he had a stinky sense of humor but this takes the cake."

"Dad, I'm sorry about---"

"Lex, please stand downwind while I get Robert to get a few gallons of tomato juice for you and Chloe to take a bath in."

He starts towards the door, yelling out. "Robert!"

He comes to the door and wrinkles his nose. "Tomato juice and animal control will be on their way, post haste, sir."

"Thank you."

He leaves and Lionel turns to look at us. "Well, Lucas seems to still be pissed at me for stopping him from going into that scheme he had hoped to get into. I'm just so sorry you got caught in the crossfire."

"Well, I think we just took the bullet for you, Dad. And I never thought that would happen."

"Me either, Mr. Luthor."

"Lionel---please, Chloe. Ah---maybe you should---"

"---head into the bathroom. Yes, that might be a good idea."

He moves far away from the door and we make our way out until:

"Which bathroom, Father?"

"The guest bathroom."

We nod and make our way there and soon after, the tomato juice is in the tub and we're ready to take our bath, throwing our clothes off and handing them to Robert, who's outside in the bedroom. Fresh ones are on the chairs in the bathroom---I don't even want to know how Lionel knows my sizes.

As we put on our robes, that will soon follow the clothes into the garbage because we still stink, we hear something fall outside and then Robert's hand appears in the doorway. "Sir, I believe this is yours."

"For the moment," Lex states, taking it from him.

He turns, his white robe making him look like a hero. But then he's always been my hero.

He's been there, when Clark rejected me; when I had to deal with my cousin Lois; when his father tried to kill us both; and when he changed his mind about us---during the bad, sad, and happy times---he's been the one constant there. And now---what's he doing?

"What are you doing?"

"I'm kneeling."

"Why?"

"Because of this," he states, opening the box in his hand.

I look and---Oh my God---the ring I saw at the auction. I gasp.

"Chloe, I love you, stinky or not; happy or sad; mad or glad; and hopefully forever in love and never hate. You have changed my world; tilted it; made it interesting and scary all at once. But the scariest thought for me is you never being here by my side. And I don't want that to ever happen because I would die without you here. You make me complete and make me want to be a better man. So---will you?"

Answer him, idiot.

I nod my head, words inadequate at the moment.

He takes the ring out and places it on my finger. Then he gets up and pulls me into his arms, hugging me for a second and then backing away, to kiss me.

We back away from the kiss, our noses wrinkling.

"If anybody ever says that a person doused by skunk aroma can't smell it on somebody else, they'll be told their wrong. Ready for a bath, Mr. Luthor?"

"After you---future Mrs. Luthor."

I smile as I get into the tub and he joins me, lying against the back of the tub and pulling me into him, he my back rest. I feel the excitement from him and smile once more.

"Seems that we'll be consummating this relationship once more, before we get married," I quip.

"Several times, I hope," he quips back.

"We can only hope," I state, laying against him, allowing my fiancé to splash the juice all over the both of us.

Yes, who knew that auctions and aromas could go hand in hand? Yeah, I know; only to us would it happen. But am I complaining, as he touches my upper body with his skillful hands; nope, never will I or he.

The End.

bluengreenswmer
26th June 2005, 23:01
That was so sweet! I knew he was going to buy the ring. :)

PMD
26th June 2005, 23:06
Hey Blue:

Old eagle eyes caught her looking at that little babble---and went and bought it for her---I mean, when it was auctioned. :) Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. I definitely had fun writing this one. :) Now, what do we do with Lucas? Any ideas, guys? Short of killing him of course. <g>

Louie
27th June 2005, 06:26
What I want to know is how Lucas got his hands on a real skunk? It would have been a great trick if it had worked out properly, actually Lucas would probably find it funnier because it didn't work.

It was very cute.

PMD
27th June 2005, 09:09
Hey Louie:

Well, you know, after posting it, I thought---OMG---how did he get a skunk in there---darn it. :: sigh :: Still, I guess a Luthor can get anything---and I'm betting he had this idea way before Lex and Chloe picked out a stuffed skunk to put in the box.

Heehee---it might have been funnier if it didn't work---like maybe it was descented or something. But wouldn't you have missed the bathing scene. <g> Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. So, anybody want a back story as to how or why Lucas was such a little stinker? Or maybe him coming to the condo after it happened? :)

teejei
27th June 2005, 15:25
as a suggestion for the follow-up; either tell us why Lucas was at Chlex's in the first place, or maybe make Lucas visit Chlex in Lionel's penthouse. or whatever else that pops into that ingenious mind of yours...as long as there is a verbal smackdown, i'm all for it. :D

sweet lil ficcy! the Judo was just casual and laidback. a breath of fresh air from the heady "aromas" of Angst and my Series. :love2:

Okay, why didn’t we notice there were a couple of holes in the box? Oh right, we probably did and thought it was just regular damage.important lesson: check the friggin' box! :rofl:

kimmie
27th June 2005, 19:59
Loved this fic, very romantic.

Kimmie

BellaMR
27th June 2005, 23:47
How about we send Lucas a slightly venomous snake - not enough to kill him, just enough to make him suffer. Or a porcipine... maybe a spider. I can think of all kinds of painful animals that can pay a visit to Lucas. Of course he did get Lex and Chloe in the tub together so maybe he can get a little mercy.

Either way I adore your writing and will use any excuse to get more so I vote for a sequel.

PMD
28th June 2005, 01:39
Hey Guys:

Teejei: Awww---wow---great suggestions sweetie. :) And so glad you enjoyed it. :) And you would think that Lex would have checked the box but then remember---non-existent security at the mansion ring a bell. <g> Seriously though, I'm thinking on it---I wonder, is Lucas allergic to any animal? <bg>

Kimmie: Awww---glad you enjoyed it, hon. :) My friend Jay really ups my writing at times with his challenges. Heck, all you guys do, when you send out challenges or feedback. :)

Bella: I wonder if Lucas would think a garter snake was venomous---since he spends most of his indoors playing cards. Now there's a thought---or maybe something less---like he did get them together in a tub. :) Maybe a talking too by Daddy Lionel? He does at least deserve that. <g>I'll think about it guys---I really will. Heehee---poor Lucas---he's in trouble now. Hey, I didn't do it---your manservant did, Lex. Yeah, that's right, Lucas---blame the help. <bg>

hfce
28th June 2005, 03:00
That was so sweet. I loved the banter and the stink. LOL!

Hope :)

PMD
28th June 2005, 04:07
Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. And guys, I've devised the worst sort of revenge against Lucas---you are so going to love it. Heeehee--and it doesn't deal with an animal at all. <g> But Revenge Will Be Sweet. :)

jaxie926
29th June 2005, 08:37
*does happy dance* i know what the punishment is, i know what the punishment is !!! HAHA!! can't wait to read it!

PMD
29th June 2005, 08:57
hey Jaxie:

Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) And thanks for keeping the punishment a secret. :) Trust me guys---you are going to love it. :)

PMD
29th June 2005, 22:28
Just an update for you guys. My sequel to this piece is finished---just have to look it over and add a disclaimer. Should be up real soon. And thanks to all who asked for a revenge piece against Lucas. Ooooo, he's going to be so miffed with what's planned for him. :: hee hee ::

meg20
30th June 2005, 15:43
Very sweet and I so knew that he bought that ring. Lucas and his humor:rofl:

PMD
30th June 2005, 18:53
Hey Meg:

Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) And yeah, Lucas has some sense of humor but then Chloe and Lex has some sense of justice too---as you see in the sequel. :)

starmoon
13th July 2005, 10:33
that was great and very funny i hope lucas gets what he deserves from chloe and lex and soon.

Queen Of Tact
19th July 2005, 00:27
from PMD....

Hey Starmoon: Glad you enjoyed the humor in it, sweetie. : ) Guess Lucas will think twice before he does something again---or will he? You never know with him. : ) Glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. : )

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 16:50
Loved it especially the mentioning of Veronica and Weevil...

off to the sequel

Ami Rose
17th May 2017, 03:21
Lmao funny and cute