PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Refuge (PG-13 completed)

bluemoongirl23
10th May 2003, 06:27
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Not the characters, not the show, nada. So, please don't sue.

A/N: Ok, this is hard. Me, not writing smut, who would've ever believed it. Yet, here I am. Hope you enjoy it and thanks to sabby for betaing it.

Summary: Chloe and Lex find refuge in each other after another disaster hits Smallville.

Chloe turned off her car and laid her head against the steering wheel, letting out a deep sigh. She couldn’t remember ever being this drained. The past few days in Smallville had been hell. A tornado, one even more devastating than the one two years ago, had ravaged the town.

There were dozens of people still missing and the town was in chaos. Not to mention that people who had rebuilt their homes had lost them again, being left homeless and bereft. The Sullivans had been luckier than most. The damage to their house was severe, but it was still standing. About thirty percent of the town had nowhere to go. The motels were packed and the roads out of town were not fit to be traveled on. This problem, at least, had been solved.

In the midst of the turmoil, a rumor had begun to spread around town. After some checking Chloe had found that the rumor was actually a fact. Lex Luthor had opened the doors of Luthor Manor to whoever needed shelter.

Chloe chuckled bitterly, remembering the reaction of most of the members of the town. Some had thought it was a publicity ploy, which was unlikely being that the Smallville paper hadn’t been running due to the fact that the press itself had blown away. Then there were those who had protested that they had always known the younger Luthor was a decent man. Of course, Chloe could never recollect any of them ever uttering a kind word about Lex previously. It made her see red.

‘Since when did you become president of the Lex Luthor fan club,’ Chloe asked herself while shoving her cell phone into her bag. Unfortunately, she had no answer to this question. Becoming friends with Lex had happened so gradually that she hadn’t even noticed it.

Their link had always been through Clark, but, in the past year, she had been a more frequent visitor to the Manor than the farmboy. Chloe had bounced story ideas off of Lex and he had asked her advice on the best ways to improve his company’s relationship with the town. It was a relationship built upon mutual respect, which was a first for Chloe, and she found that she liked it a great deal. It didn’t hurt that Lex was dead sexy, either.

That thought stopped Chloe in her tracks as she reached for the handle to her car door. Those types of thoughts had been flying unbidden around her head frequently these days and she had to put a stop to them. Chloe wouldn’t risk the invaluable friendship that she had with Lex on a silly crush. That had almost happened with Clark and she had learned from that experience.

‘But, you never felt *this* way about Clark,’ her mind piped up and she slammed her car door shut violently after exiting the vehicle. She was glad for the fact that she had a long walk ahead of her, because it gave her a chance to clear her head.

There were rows and rows of cars leading up to Luthor Manor. It was past one in the morning and Chloe was fairly certain that she would be the last lost soul to seek refuge in the Manor. She wished, not for the first time, that her father was with her.

As usual, Gabe was on a business trip. Thankfully, she had been able to contact him and let him know that she was alive and well. He had booked the first flight home, or rather, Lex had. However, Chloe insisted that he stay and do his job. There was nothing that Gabe could accomplish by coming back to Smallville. It was more important that he convince others in the business world that the Smallville plant would be up and running again soon.

It had taken all of Chloe’s skills to keep Gabe where he belonged. She was surprised to learn that Lex was as adamant about Gabe’s return. But, in the end, Chloe had played the ‘do it for me, Daddy’ card and had won. In reality, she hadn’t wanted her father to see the town, and the plant, like this. It would be better for him to return after some of the carnage had died down.

Lex, according to her father, had been furious. Lex had ranted about how Chloe was an ‘infernal girl.’ That, at least, had brought a smile to Gabe’s face. Or so Chloe thought, she had only been speaking to him over a telephone line; which was more than she could say for Lex. Chloe had yet to speak to him since Smallville had been turned upside down, yet again. ‘It’s not enough that we had a meteor shower that turned half of the town into freaks,’ she thought, ‘Nope. We have to have natural disasters in addition to the *un*natural ones.’

When the storm had hit, Lex had been in Metropolis and he had yet to return. Chloe smiled as she got closer to the Manor, thinking that it would be a perfect opportunity to snoop around. However, she also knew that Lex had ‘Chloe-proofed’ the Manor, as he had put it, when it became apparent that she was to be a regular visitor.

Chloe passed through the main gates and could make out the front door in the darkness. It was guarded by two familiar figures. When Chloe had won a debate about the Prussian War, she had made Lex beef up the security around his house; which had basically meant, actually hiring some security.

Even in the darkness, which was broken by a few lights that had been set up in the driveway, Chloe could see that the two burly men were clearly exhausted. She imagined that the whole staff of Luthor Manor looked that way. They had to be working overtime to keep the place running with the dozens of new guests.

“Hey, Bruno,” Chloe whispered as she neared the door, not wanting to startle the guard. His head quickly snapped up and met her face. The man broke out into a huge smile and strode over to her.

Lex had always set up a certain etiquette that the guards were to follow, one of them being, to follow his lead in the treatment of guests. At this point, however, Bruno had other ideas.

Chloe found herself engulfed in a hug by the 6’ 7” bald-headed black man. Chloe’s feet, she found, were no longer in contact with the earth. She couldn’t help but smile and return the embrace. When she was returned to her feet, she stepped back and regarded the rather intimidating looking man.

“Missed me, did ya,” she teased.

Bruno laughed, a deep rumbling sound. “Just glad to see you, Chloe,” he said, clearly embarrassed by his behavior.

“Chloe? Did you just call me Chloe,” she asked, surprised by his use of her first name. Bruno, like all of the other staff members of Luthor Manor, had always addressed her as Ms. Sullivan. The man was silent.

“Harry,” Chloe called over to the other man, who had watched the scene with a smile on his face. “Did you hear that?”

“Yup,” he said, smiling. “I’m a witness. Hell just froze over.”

Chloe smiled at the two men.

“Ms. Sullivan,” Bruno said, the usual businesslike tone returning to his voice, “I apologize for assuming a familiarity between the two of us. I was just….” But, Chloe cut him off before he could continue.

“No apologies. I think that we’re all just happy to see each other. I mean, I was even hugged by the jackass of a principal when I saw him,” Chloe said.

Both men laughed. There had been more than one occasion when she had come to the Manor, fuming, and had perfected her rant on them before giving it to Lex.

“Besides,” she smiled slowly, feeling like herself for the first time in a long time, “Lex owes me a twenty now. I bet him that one of *you* would call me Chloe before he did.”

Upon seeing the look of slight panic on Bruno’s face Chloe continued, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell him which one of you it is. And, I doubt that he’d fire either of you, being that he has you to thank for his head not being concussed in the past few months.”

“Yes,” Harry said, “Trouble did seem to find Mr. Luthor, didn’t it?”

Chloe smiled to herself. “Is he here,” she asked and was appalled to hear how hopeful her voice sounded.

Chloe didn’t like the knowing look that was exchanged by the two guards before they answered.

“No,” Harry said, “we don’t know when he’ll return. But, the next time he calls we’ll be sure to let him know that you’re here.”

Chloe held up her hands, “Oh, no, you don’t have to do that,” she said, feeling flustered. “Lex probably has a lot on his mind; I wouldn’t bother him with that.”

“Ms. Sullivan, we don’t have a choice. Mr. Luthor made it clear that if you were to come to the Manor, that he was to be notified,” Bruno informed her. “Now, why don’t you go inside? Though, I’m not sure if you’ll be able to find a comfortable place to sleep. The inn’s pretty full.”

Chloe nodded. “I’ll survive,” she said. Harry held the door open for her and she turned towards the two men. She quickly kissed each of them on the cheek.

“It’s good seeing you,” she whispered, fighting back her emotions. They both nodded curtly, doing the same.

Not for the first time, Chloe wondered what she was doing at Luthor Manor. Her day had been filled with helping Lana and Mrs. Kent prepare food and supplies for those who needed them. She had also cajoled Lana into giving blood with her. Clark had flat-out refused, but Chloe had given up trying to figure out his terror of needles. After the day was over, the Kents had asked her to stay with them at the farm, along with Lana.

She had begged off, saying that one guest was enough and that the Manor was closer. She had caught the look that both Lana and Clark had given her, but she thought that, at the very least, the Kents had bought her lame excuse. But, she was fairly certain that her friends knew the truth.

Chloe wanted to feel safe. And, these days, that meant Luthor Manor. Or, more specifically, Lex. If he wasn’t actually around, the next best thing would be to stay at his house, where she could be reminded of him. Where she could walk into any of the numerous rooms and remember a debate or argument that they had had there. Where she could see his influence.

As Chloe looked into each room, she began to second guess her decision not to stay with the Kents. The house was filled to capacity. There were people sleeping in every room on the first floor and Chloe began searching for a place to sleep on the upper floors. Along the way, she was able to find a quilt that no one had claimed.

Mounting the last set of stairs, Chloe began to yawn and knew that she would have to find someplace to sleep because she wasn’t going to make it much longer. She looked into every room in the hall and found them occupied, as well. She noticed that there was one closed door and tried the knob. Chloe cursed, finding it locked.

After briefly resting her head against the door that was taunting her, she turned around and rested her back against it, closing her eyes. When she opened them, she noticed a small couch directly across from the door. ‘Have to do,’ she thought briefly, as she made her way over to what was to be her bed for the night.

Chloe took off her shoes and her socks. Glancing around and seeing no one, she removed her shirt, leaving only her tank top covering her upper body. Her eyes briefly rested on the purple bandage that covered her venipucture wound from giving blood. She reached under the tank top and unclasped her bra, putting it in her bag. Even though she knew it would be uncomfortable, she left her jeans on.

The couch looked comfortable enough, but even Chloe’s small frame would not fit fully onto it. She curled up, snuggling into the blanket and closed her eyes. Within a few minutes, her breathing evened out and she fell into a fitful sleep.

Blaire023
10th May 2003, 06:51
great, yet another one to beg for updates for. Thanks a lot Blue..

Actually, I like this one, Lex being all people friendly even though he&#39;s no where around. Wonder who Chloe will wake up to staring down at her...<sigh> A girl can dream can&#39;t she?

Blaire

sydsvaughn
10th May 2003, 07:21
I&#39;m dreaming right there with you Blaire. Sigh, I so enjoyed this story, and yes, I will be eagerly awaiting more. You write these characters so well.. it&#39;s a pleasure reading them&#33;

Sara

Queen Of Tact
10th May 2003, 08:20
Blue come on girl how can u do this to me.... Writing story after story and each time have me begging for more......
Your evil u know that write? Please please update soon and I&#39;ll bake u a nice big :cake:

CC

Sunny
10th May 2003, 10:00
Great&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s great&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I loved it&#33; :worship2:

trenchtown
10th May 2003, 13:57
I like that Chloe went to the mansion instead of staying with the Kents. It says so much about their relationship. Can&#39;t wait for the next chapter.

trenchtown
10th May 2003, 13:58
Oops double post. :huh: Still love it.

hfce
10th May 2003, 16:04
Blue another master piece. Please more.... :biggrin:

Hope :blinkkiss:

Not An Addict
10th May 2003, 19:51
I&#39;ve got ten to one odds saying it&#39;s Lex&#39;s room that&#39;s locked. :biggrin: So when he comes home and goes to his room to sleep . . . *giggles* Of course, Lex wouldn&#39;t let Chloe sleep on a tiny little couch when he has that big bed to share. Oh, shush, I know it&#39;s non-smut. But we could have some quality cuddling. Anyway, great concept, especially with the tornados that have been tearing through this area recently. It&#39;s like freakin&#39; Night of the Twisters out here. More please&#33; It&#39;s absolutely wonderful. :biggrin:

scifichick774
10th May 2003, 21:23
Yet again, you rock. How can you possibly write so many terrific fics? And now you&#39;ll have me begging for updates on this one too. It&#39;s just not fair. It really isn&#39;t.

Sezza
11th May 2003, 15:44
The next scene plays out in my head like this:

Lex comes and see&#39;s Chloe all adorable like, picks her up and places her on his bed. She wakes up to find Lex&#39;s hands around er waist and him spooning her from behind.

I know, i know i&#39;m probably wrong, but like Blaire said, a girl can dream.

Can&#39;t wait for more this sounds really good.

However, she also knew that Lex had ‘Chloe-proofed’ the Manor, as he had put it, when it became apparent that she was to be a regular visitor.

Love that line. My fav so far.

I also like the relationship between Chloe and Lex. I&#39;m glad that they have already established a friendship and that she feels safe with him.

I&#39;m sensing a Lex POV next.

Anyway, hopeing that you update soon,

-Sarah

Chlex is my obsession :devil:

dsapiro
11th May 2003, 16:44
This looks really good. Can&#39;t wait &#39;till Lex comes home and sees Chloe right outside his bedroom door...

DawnieAngel
11th May 2003, 21:10
You have to have to have to have to have to update this soon&#33;
Take pity on me, remember my finger&#33; *holds up finger pouting* It hurrrrrrrrrrts so you have to make it feel better by writing more ;) heehee
Loving it girl&#33; Lovin&#39; it&#33;

Dawnie

drina
11th May 2003, 21:24
This story looks really, really good....hope to read more of it soon.

bluemoongirl23
13th May 2003, 00:36
Disclaimers in part one, I think. If not, I own nothing, don&#39;t sue me.

Lex wished that he could blast the radio. That way, he knew he wouldn’t fall asleep at the wheel. He had already caught himself nodding off a few times, and no Luthor should die in such an undignified and stupid manner. He smirked at the thought of his father coming up with some unbelievable cover story for his death.

Lex knew that he should have stayed the night in Metropolis, but he was anxious to return home. Lex groaned, realizing that he had begun to think of this cow-infested burg as home. ‘Oh, how the mighty have fallen,’ Lex thought to himself.

“How did this happen,” he said, aloud. A picture of Chloe’s laughing face briefly flickered in his mind. He gripped the steering wheel tighter and clenched his jaw. Lex had chosen not to think about his friend for the past few days.

He had been livid when he had learned that Chloe had convinced Gabe to remain at the conference in Edge City. He knew that the young woman didn’t want to admit that she needed her father, that she was being stubborn and willful and there was nothing he could do to change Gabe’s mind once it had been made up.

Chloe was part of the reason that Lex had decided to return to Smallville in the dead of night. ‘*Part* of the reason,’ his mind asked, ‘Don’t you mean *the* reason?’ Lex growled at his thoughts as he neared the Manor.

It had become increasingly difficult to keep thoughts of Chloe from his mind. This worried him a great deal. He truly valued his friendship with the woman. Chloe was the one person that Lex felt understood him better than anyone. She would listen to him, tell him when he was wrong and sit with him in silence when he needed it. The woman had an uncanny ability to judge what he needed in every situation. Frankly, it scared him. He couldn’t let her get any closer to him, it would be dangerous.

‘For her or for you,’ his damn mind asked. Thankfully, though, it had other things to deal with when the Manor came into view. Even thought Lex had been briefed about the amount of damage that the town had sustained and had seen it as he drove back to Smallville, he was still unprepared for the number of cars that lead up to his house.

He turned off the car and sighed. Lex knew that, come tomorrow, he would have to deal with the problems at the plant, holding off a hostile takeover of Lexcorp, most likely at the hands of his father and what appeared to be at least two hundred houseguests. He sighed and got out of his car.

Lex activated the alarm system on his car and began to laugh at the idea of someone stealing it after all that had happened in the town. He was concerned when he found he couldn’t stop. After a few minutes, he was able to calm himself. Lex looked towards the Manor and sighed again, noticing just how far away it was.

Just then, his eyes noticed the car in front of his. He checked the license plate and his suspicions were confirmed. “Chloe,” he whispered.

With new found determination, Lex walked towards the Manor. At least seeing her car allayed his worries that something had befallen her between the last time Gabe had spoken to her and now.

Lex was slightly out of breath by the time he had reached the driveway. He rationalized his jogging to the Manor not to knowing that Chloe was contained in the house, but to his need for sleep. When he envisioned his bed, however, he was not the only warm body under the covers.

He shook his head, trying to clear it of the image and greeted his two security guards. “Gentlemen,” he said, more warmly than usual, “what is the situation?”

The two men briefly explained how much damage the town had sustained and how many of its residents were currently sleeping in the Manor. “We expect the number to decrease, however,” Bruno said. “More shelters are being set up for displaced citizens. If we maintain the number that we have now, we should be able to house everyone for another two weeks.”

Lex nodded curtly at the report and found himself itching to ask about Chloe. However, he thought it was best to work it into the conversation naturally. “Oh, and sir,” Harry said, “it seems that people have actually started a collection in order to repay you for putting them up.”

Lex’s jaw instantaneously tightened. Harry quickly went on, “We told them that you wouldn’t accept any money, but that didn’t seem to stop them. So, what should we do with the money?”

Lex sighed, finally feeling the day catch up with him. He realized that he was dead tired and needed to get into the house. “In the morning, inform my guests that I will not be accepting *any* of the money. Tell them to take it back. If, more likely when, they refuse, I would like you to donate it to whatever fund is being set up to rebuild the town.”

Both men nodded at Lex’s instructions. “Um, sir, how are you?” Bruno said, hesitantly, and Lex couldn’t help but chuckle at the worried tone of the man’s voice.

“Tired and shocked at the decimation of the town. But, unlike a lot of people, I should be fine in a few days. And yourself,” Lex asked, turning towards Harry to include him in the conversation.

They both grunted noncommittally. “I was doing pretty crappy until about a half hour ago,” Harry said, starting to smile.

Lex raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

“Chloe,” the two guards said together.

Lex actually allowed himself to smile. He couldn’t believe that he was grinning in front of the security but he could chalk it up to stress.

“I saw her car,” Lex said, casually. “Did she look well? Was she alright?”

Both men had been trained to notice changes in body language. It helped in determining who was a potential threat to safety, so they both noticed when the young man’s body tensed as Lex waited for their response.

“Chloe is fine, sir,” Harry said, watching as Lex’s body relaxed. “Bruno got a little carried away when he saw her, though. I think she’s still feeling the effects of his bear hug.”

Lex watched in amusement as his badass security guard fidgeted in embarrassment.
“Is that so,” Lex asked, while chuckling. “I wish I had been here to see it.”

“Sir, I….” Bruno began, trying to explain his actions.

Lex held up his hand. “There’s no need,” he said, understanding what Bruno was about to do. “I think that I may have to stamp down that impulse myself when I see her again.”

Harry muttered something under his breath and Lex was almost certain it was the words, “You shouldn’t,” but he chose to ignore it. He didn’t want to deal with the implications of what Harry was saying.

“Sorry you got left out of the lovefest,” Lex instead said to the other guard.

“Oh, I wouldn’t say that, I did get a kiss on the cheek,” Harry said. As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he realized that, perhaps, he should have kept that piece of information to himself.

As security, he saw much of what went on in the house and had noticed that whenever another male was around Chloe, Lex stepped closer to the woman. Lex would also touch her more often, letting his hands linger longer than they needed to. However, when Harry looked at his boss, he did not get the reaction he expected.

Lex chuckled and smiled. “Extreme circumstances do bring out the affection in Chloe,” he said. He was remembering the latest time that Clark had conveniently rescued him from a sticky situation that he had gotten himself into.

Lex had awoken in the hospital to find Chloe pacing back and forth in his room. When she had noticed that he was awake, she had launched herself at his body. He could still remember the few seconds that Chloe had been crushed against his body. He had inhaled deeply, memorizing her scent and he couldn’t help but notice how soft and pliant her body was against his. It felt right to him. Chloe had quickly regained her composure and had released him, clearly embarrassed at her actions, before he could wrap his arms around her.

Lex realized that he had been staring out into space. He came back to the present and noticed that the two men were looking at him expectantly. But, he was not about to share *that* story with them. He decided to shift the topic of conversation.

“Do either of you know which room she’s in, I’d like to see her briefly. Just so that, in the morning, I’ll be able to inform her father that I was able to ascertain that she was unharmed,” Lex looked from one man to the other.

Harry had to bite the inside of his cheek in order not to smile. He knew Mr. Luthor could not be this transparent in his business dealings, otherwise he and Bruno would not be paid as well as they were. While Harry knew the practical reasons why the two thought they could not be together, he was still amused at how much they both fought their attraction for each other.

Bruno took over. “We don’t know, Mr. Luthor. But, I’d guess she’s on one of the upper floors. The lower ones filled up pretty quickly. It may take a while to find her. She was the last to arrive, so I think she may have been forced to be inventive in order to find a space to sleep.”

“Well, Chloe’s nothing, if not inventive,” Lex replied.

“Yes, sir,” both men said.

Lex walked towards the door, he stopped and turned back to his security. “Thank you both for staying, I won’t forget it.”

Both men nodded, appreciative of the words.
Lex entered the Manor and was surprised at how quiet it was. He thought that there would be some people milling around, unable to sleep. But, it seemed that the stress had taken its toll on all guests of the mansion. Lex silently began checking each room for Chloe.

‘This is ridiculous,’ Lex thought as he came up empty yet again. He had been searching the house for over an hour and he hadn’t been able to find Chloe. ‘Just need a break,’ he thought. ‘And to get out of these grimy clothes.’

Lex walked down the hall to his bedroom. He felt a little guilty for having his bedroom locked, but he knew he would need to sleep well in order to face the next day. Plus, he hadn’t imagined the number of people that had turned up at the Manor.

As he approached his room, he caught a movement out of the corner of his eye. He looked over at the loveseat that was across from his bedroom and his eyes softened.

“Chloe,” he whispered. Though he could only see the top of her head, he knew it was her. He walked over to where she was sleeping. Lex kneeled on the floor and gently laid his hand on the small of her back. He kept his hand there, comforted by the motion of her back rising and falling. He started to trace small circles with his thumb and rested his head next to his hand. ‘Move in a minute,’ he thought.

Chloe had always been a light sleeper. Noises of any sort usually woke her up and both Gabe and Lana had learned to be careful about touching her when she was asleep. When she heard her name she started to wake up. When she felt a hand settle on her back she came awake fully. Chloe felt someone rest their head on her back.

She remained calm, keeping her breathing even. After a moment, Chloe smelled familiar cologne. Her heart sped up, now knowing who was touching her so intimately. Chloe was torn. She was enjoying the contact with Lex, but she wanted to see him, badly. She felt his thumb still in its movements and his pointer finger ran over her spine.

“Lex,” she breathed out, not really meaning to. She immediately felt his body retreat from hers. Chloe turned over quickly and sat up. Lex was looking at her guiltily.

“Sorry, Ms. Sullivan. I was just…” he began but Chloe cut him off by placing her fingers to his lips.

Chloe smiled softly. “I’m happy to see you too, Lex,” she said. Before Chloe could think about, and thereby stop herself from what she was doing, she grabbed Lex by his shoulders and pulled his body to hers. She wrapped her arms around him and closed her eyes.

Lex, not wanting to be a fool for a second time, quickly wrapped his arms around Chloe. His left hand accidentally slipped between her shirt and her skin as he did so. He felt her warm, smooth skin against his palm. Lex quickly tried to rid his mind of the thought that she was not wearing a bra, when he felt her breasts pressing flat against his chest. He tried to pull back in order to extricate his hand from its resting place, but Chloe held on tightly to him.

Chloe could feel Lex’s hand on her naked back and she closed her eyes at the sensation. Coupled with the fact that she was now in his arms, Chloe was loathe to letting Lex go. So, when he tried to pull back, she held on tight. She felt him relax once more and he began running his hand over her back. His right hand found its way to her hair and gently stroked her head.

After a few minutes, Chloe pulled away from Lex. She placed her hands on his shoulders, not yet ready to break their contact. She studied Lex and said, “You look tired.”

Lex couldn’t help it, he started laughing. “Yeah,” he whispered, “well, I’m not surprised. Trying to run a business in the midst of a disaster will take a lot out of a man.”

“Too bad you don’t have anywhere to sleep in your own home,” Chloe joked. She released Lex’s shoulders and motioned to the love seat. “I’m telling you, this was the last square inch of available space, and I’m not about to share.”

Lex grinned at her ability to find humor in any situation. He fluidly rose to his feet. “Fine,” he said, getting his keys out of his pocket, “then I won’t share my space with you, either.”

Lex walked over to his door and began to unlock it. “You little…”Chloe, hissed, trying to control both her temper and her volume.

After Lex unlocked the door, he turned towards Chloe. “I’d choose my words very carefully, Chloe, if I were you,” Lex said. “I’m this close,” he said, holding his thumb and pointer finger mere millimeters away from each other, “to not inviting you into my room.”

“I don’t need your stupid room,” Chloe grumbled as she repositioned her quilt. “I’m quite comfortable here,” she insisted as she tried to find a comfortable position on the couch.

Lex leaned against the doorframe, regarding the tiny blonde. “Chloe, don’t be obtuse, just come in here, ok?”

Chloe threw her blanket to the floor. “Obtuse,” she hissed once again. “I am not being obtuse,” she said, as she advanced on Lex. Unfortunately, her mind was so busy coming up with a good comeback that she didn’t notice the blanket had tangled around her feet.

As Chloe stepped forward she tripped over the blanket. The next moment, she found herself once again in Lex’s arms as he caught her while she stumbled. She tried to slap him away but it was no use, Lex had the upper hand.

When Lex saw that Chloe was busy trying to shoo him away and unravel the quilt from her feet, he took advantage of the situation. He easily lifted Chloe into his arms, quickly walked into his bedroom, flipped on the lights with his elbow and closed the door behind them.

“Put me down you big oaf,” Chloe protested, loudly. With those words, Lex unceremoniously dropped Chloe onto his bed.

When she looked up at him accusingly he feigned innocence, “What, you *asked* me to do it?”

“Yeah, well,” Chloe said, “I didn’t ask you to bring me in here, now did I?”

Lex squatted down in front of Chloe so their eyes were level. “Are you really going to try and tell me that you would rather spend the night out there,” he said, motioning to the now closed door, “instead of on a king sized bed? Cause, I swear Chloe, if you stomp back out there in a huff, I won’t be carrying you back in here. It’s your choice.”

Chloe broke their eye contact, instead focusing on her clasped hands. She knew that he was right, and it infuriated her. She nibbled on her lower lip, trying to make up her mind.

Lex knew that he was winning the argument. However, he couldn’t tell if that would make her more or less likely to stay in his room. He noticed the bandage that she wore on her arm and saw a way to give her an excuse to remain where she was.

“You donated blood,” he stated, briefly running his pointer finger over the bandage. “And, I bet since then you haven’t stopped running around. You most likely didn’t double up on your fluids, either,” he said in an accusatory voice.

His voice softened with his next words. “Chloe, you need a good night’s sleep. Please, don’t argue with me. I’m too tired. Just…just do this for me, ok?”

Chloe nodded slightly, “Ok,” she said, quietly. She heard Lex let out a breath she didn’t know he had been holding and he stood up. Chloe watched as he crossed the room and took off his suit jacket, throwing it over a high backed leather chair. He took off his tie and undid the top two buttons of his shirt before practically collapsing onto the chair. A contented groan escaped his throat.

Chloe watched mesmerized by the site of Lex actually relaxing in front of her. He stretched his legs out and arched his back, slightly. Lex relaxed his whole body, his fingers almost touching the floor over the arms of the chair and his legs were spread slightly.

“Chloe,” Lex said, his eyes still shut, “quit staring and go to sleep.”

Thankful that his eyes were closed so he couldn’t see her blushing, Chloe scooted to the top of the bed. A frown crossed her face.

“I know that you don’t intend to sleep in that chair,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Lex had been silently praying where he slept would not be an issue. However, it appeared as if no one was listening. “Chloe,” he said. “I can sleep anywhere. Now go to bed.”

Lex heard Chloe get out of the bed and walk over to him. He kept his eyes closed and started fake snoring. He felt a finger poke him in his chest and he jumped, opening his eyes.

Chloe stood between his outspread legs and glared down at him. “For god’s sake, can’t you let me just sleep in peace, woman?”

“Yes, I can,” Chloe said, continuing to glare at Lex. “But, you won’t be doing it here. Your bed is *huge*, Lex. I see no reason for you to sleep in that expensive, yet uncomfortable chair. It makes no logical sense.”

Lex smirked, imagining the reaction he could get from Chloe if he honestly told her why sharing a bed was not a good idea. Instead he said, “Chloe. Let’s cut to the chase. Is there *any* other way that I will get you to shut up other than by getting in my bed.”

Chloe shook her head and said, sweetly, “No.”

He sighed. “Fine,” he muttered as he got out of the chair. And Chloe heard him mumble “infernal girl” as he brushed past her. Lex sat on the bed and looked at her. “So,” he said, “how you wanna do this, Chloe?”

He knew what he was saying, but he couldn’t help it. She was trying his last nerve. He had *tried* to be a gentleman but she wouldn’t let him. So, he was giving up.

Chloe knew that he was baiting her, but she refused to let him get to her. “I don’t know, do you sleep on the left or the right side,” she asked.

Lex looked at the bed. “I usually use the whole thing. It’s been a long time since….” Lex cut himself off abruptly, realizing what he had almost said.

“I’ll take the left,” Chloe said, quickly, trying to save Lex further embarrassment. She went to her side of the bed and began pulling down the covers. Lex stood up and did the same on his side. He took off his shoes, socks and his tie. When he was done, he started to climb into bed.

“You’re going to wear a suit to bed,” Chloe asked, unbelieving.

“Yes,” Lex said, seriously. “I always do, now get in the bed.”

Chloe stepped away from the bed and Lex groaned, this time in frustration. “Lex, the whole point in doing this is so that we’re both comfortable and get some rest. I refuse to believe that you usually sleep in your clothing.”

Lex’s jaw clenched. “Fine,” he said, shortly, as he began to roughly unbutton his shirt. “If you wanted to get my clothes off, Chloe, you should have just said so. Oh, and take off your jeans.”

DawnieAngel
13th May 2003, 00:51
Lex’s jaw clenched. “Fine,” he said, shortly, as he began to roughly unbutton his shirt. “If you wanted to get my clothes off, Chloe, you should have just said so. Oh, and take off your jeans.”

heeehee love that&#33; :biggrin: well i love it all&#33; You write so well, and it&#39;s so good and am i making any sense here? See this is what your amazing writing does to me, makes me incoherent&#33;

More pleeeeeeeaaasseee

Give me more of this and i&#39;ll beat up Roxie lol

Dawnie&#33;

dsapiro
13th May 2003, 02:23
That was great, especially the ending&#33; :yay: :worship2:

Not An Addict
13th May 2003, 02:45
More&#33; More now&#33; Um . . . tornados . . . three of them . . . are heading towards my house . . . yeah, that&#39;s it. You want to make me feel better when I&#39;m scared, right? Come on&#33; If you won&#39;t give me crazy naked sex, at least give me crazy naked snuggling. ;) More PLEASE&#33;

Blaire023
13th May 2003, 03:37
was it me or was that chapter waaaaay too vivid. Not a complaint but the whole unbuttoning of the shirt roughly...with his jaw clenched no less...i swear that&#39;s better than smut. mmmmm, yummmy...

no wait...review...yes...that&#39;s what I&#39;m supposed to be doing...

Calliope
13th May 2003, 03:42
Are you sure there won&#39;t be any smut?

Love the ending. &#39;Take off your pants.&#39; Hee. That&#39;s what I&#39;ve always wanted to say to Lex. :biggrin:

petriebird18
13th May 2003, 04:07
you meant no smut in the first chapter ONLY right? I mean, you ARE going to add :smut: Now that they&#39;ll be in bed, together...with very LITTLE clothing on. ;) ;) Can&#39;t wait for more&#33;
~Deidre~

scifichick774
13th May 2003, 04:35
More of this NOW&#33;&#33;&#33; I demand it&#33;&#33;&#33; What? I can demand things. :tongue:

The last part was just masterful. She refuses to believe that he sleeps in a suit - as well she should. And then he tells her to lose the jeans. *happy sigh* Please, please write more of this soon. :)

drina
13th May 2003, 04:43
Seems like everyone expecting smut from you, Blue. ;)
Are you gonna accomodate us or be evil like Lionel and not give us what we want?

hfce
13th May 2003, 04:46
Yes chloe do what Lex said. Take off your pants. More... :biggrin:

Hope :chlexsign2:

sydsvaughn
13th May 2003, 06:09
If Chloe knows whats good for her, she&#39;ll take off those pants darn quick. Oh wait, that would simply be my reaction if I were in that situation.

Lucky Chloe.

Great chapter, cannot wait to see where you take this and I&#39;m going to throw a shamless "smut please?" in here for good measure although I&#39;ll be happy whatever you do with this one&#33;&#33;

Loving it&#33;&#33;

Sara

Queen Of Tact
13th May 2003, 07:50
Yeah a new ch&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Hehe Chloe and Lex sleeping in the same bed*mind starts to drift off to smutty chlexy goodness*

I can&#39;t wait for more, so you are going to have to post again and like soon...

CC

crazygirl
13th May 2003, 22:53
Aww, that was so cute. Lex and Chloe arguing who gets to sleep where, it was hilarious. I laughed so hard, I could hardly keep on reading. Please post again soon.
:chlexsign3:

gravelgerdie
14th May 2003, 04:12
Hehehehehe, This is getting good.....

Suzanne :chlexsign2:

bluemoongirl23
15th May 2003, 00:19
Disclaimers in part one...

A/N: You people are horrible&#33; And I mean that in the best way possible. I mean, I try to write a story about nice, sweet Chlex, me who is all about the smut, and look what you guys do&#33; Beg for the smut. Ok, well this part was written before I saw the feedback so here is the deal. I will write a smutfilled epi, just for you guys. See what feedback gets ya? Again, looking in the general direction of all you lurkers. Come out and play&#33;

Chloe froze for a moment. And she honestly couldn’t tell if it was from Lex’s words or from the sight of a half-naked, slightly pissed Lex.

“Pardon?” she queried.

“I said, take off your jeans. You don’t sleep in your jeans, do you Chloe,” Lex asked as he reached for his belt.

Chloe ripped her eyes away from his waist and met his eyes. A challenge clearly had been laid down before her. “No,” she said, “no I don’t.”

“Didn’t think so,” Lex muttered as he undid his belt and slid it out of the loops. As Lex undid the button on his slacks and slid the zipper down, he heard Chloe quickly shimmy out of her jeans. He looked over at her and saw a brief glimpse of her in her tank top and underwear before she slid under the covers.

Chloe propped herself up on the headboard, pulling her knees to her chest. She tried not to look, but her eyes were drawn back to Lex. She watched as he removed his pants, throwing them to join his suit jacket. He was now clad only in a pair of black, silk boxers.

‘This was such a bad idea,’ Chloe thought briefly. Lex’s back was to Chloe and she took in the way that his muscles moved under his skin. He turned back towards her and Chloe prayed that she didn’t look like the child who had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

“You all set, Chloe?” Lex asked, trying to ignore the fact that one of his fantasies had come true. Chloe Sullivan was in his bed. Sure, it wasn’t the exact circumstance that he had dreamed of, but why look a gift horse in the mouth?

“Yes,” she said. “I’m fine, Lex.”

He smiled at her, noting that the bravado from a few minutes ago was gone from her voice. He walked towards the door and turned the lights off. Lex paused as his fingers ran over the lock on the door.

He wasn’t sure how Chloe would take being locked in his bedroom. While he didn’t want any other people wandering into his room in the dead of night, he also didn’t want to scare her. ‘Make a damn decision, Luthor’ he thought. Lex flicked his wrist. The sound of the lock catching echoed throw the silent room.

‘I’m locked in a room with Lex Luthor. Wait, change that to I’m locked in Lex Luthor’s bedroom, sleeping in the same bed with the man, both of us clad only in our underwear.’ Chloe’s heartbeat sped up.

She watched as Lex made his way back to the bed. Without thinking, she scooted closer to his side and held the covers up for him as he slid into the bed. “Thanks,” he said, softly, not meeting her eyes.

Lex looked up at the ceiling his body straight as a board. He realized that he probably would have gotten more sleep in the chair. At least there he didn’t have to worry about his body coming into contact with Chloe’s. He knew that he was going to stay awake all night, making sure that there was no inappropriate touching.

Chloe propped herself up on her elbow and looked at Lex. “Lex,” she said, softly, “relax.”

She reached out with her other hand and placed it on his shoulder. He jumped at the contact and closed his eyes. Chloe heard him inhale deeply before he expelled a ragged breath.

That seemed to release some of the tension in his body. Chloe knew that she should take her hand away, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it just yet. The feel of Lex was comforting to her. It made it easier to deal with all that she had seen in the past few days.

Feeling tears begin to well up in her eyes, she snatched her hand back and rolled to her side, with her back towards Lex. “Goodnight Lex,” she said. And then silently cursed when she heard how shaky her voice sounded. She heard the rustling of sheets as Lex repositioned his body.

It was Lex’s turn to regard the person lying next to him. He looked at Chloe’s back, wondering what was going on in her mind. He had heard the tremor in her voice and wanted to make sure that she was ok. But, then, he realized she wasn’t. No one was after the past few days.

Lex reached out and touched Chloe’s shoulder. “It’s ok, Chloe,” he murmured. “It’ll be ok.”

Chloe, to her horror, felt the tears escape her eyes. Her body began to shake with silent sobs. “No, it won’t” she said. “It’s just so unfair. Do you know how many people downstairs lost their houses in the last tornado, rebuilt them only to lose them again? It won’t be ok, Lex, so don’t try and tell me that it will be. They lost everything, what’s ok about that?”

Lex watched as Chloe began to break down. Instantly, he slid onto her side of the bed, crossing the invisible line that he had set up in his mind that no part of his body would traverse. He quickly wrapped his arms around Chloe, pulling her against his chest. He held her as she began to cry harder.

Lex kissed the top of her head and began to murmur comforting words into her ear. When he felt her body begin to calm again he spoke. “Chloe, if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from this town, it’s to not give up. These people, they won’t let this beat them. And I doubt that you will, either. You’re stronger than that. I’ve seen you prove it time and time again. I think if we put together your determination and my resources - monetary and organizationally speaking - we will help this community back on its feet in no time."”

Chloe wanted to believe what he was telling her. But, after all that she had seen in the past few days, it was hard to just accept what Lex was saying. Lex hadn’t been there to see houses crumble to the ground and the owners fall apart along with the structures. Chloe knew that it wasn’t fair, but she didn’t think that Lex could really understand. Even if the Manor was swallowed up by the earth, he would still be a billionaire.

It finally occurred to Chloe that Lex was cradling her body against his. She could feel his right arm under her head and his left hand was resting on her hip. Chloe began to pull away. Lex tightened his grip on her and she heard his voice in her ear. Lex’s lips brushed against the sensitive skin on the shell of her ear and she had to control the shudder that threatened to run through her body.

“It’s my home, too, Chloe. Don’t you realize that by now,” Lex asked as he began to stroke her arm with his fingertips. “It has been for a long time now. When I heard, all I could think about what getting back here. I’d have been back sooner, but I had to make sure that my father didn’t take this opportunity to shut the plant down.”

“Everything with you is business, isn’t it Lex? You’ve got a foothold in this town that your father doesn’t. That is what makes this home to you, nothing else. It’s really very sweet,” Chloe said, bitterly.

Lex was at a loss for words. He was holding Chloe in his arms, physically closer to her than he had ever been, yet he could feel her pulling away from him emotionally. Here he was, baring his soul to this girl, this *reporter* and she had to twist his words around. It pissed him off.

Lex counted to ten. Twice. He knew that if he’d let his anger get the best of him the conversation would quickly turn into an argument. Lex also knew that the only weapon he had to use against Chloe was the truth. But, it was a dangerous path to take, especially in his present circumstance of having the woman that he had desired for so long in his arms.

“Do you really think that of me, Chloe,” he asked, his voice sounding tired and weak to his own ears. “That the reason I stay in Smallville is business? Is that the reason that I came back here in the dead of night? Because, if you haven’t noticed, this isn’t exactly my office. I’m *here*,” he said, “because I know that, come tomorrow, this town, these people, are going to start to rebuild and I want to be a part of it. Business may have brought me here, Chloe, but it’s not what *keeps* me here.”

The question flew from her lips before she could stop it. “What keeps you here?”

Lex closed his eyes at the question. He knew that she would ask it as soon as the words had left his mouth. ‘That’s why you said, it,’ a part of him chimed in. And Lex knew that it was true. He was sick of all this. This dance, he and Chloe had perfected over the years, had to end. However, he had never dreamed that it would happen this way. Lex knew he needed to be careful with his words and began to think about how best to answer Chloe.

Silence descended on the room and Chloe was sure that Lex could hear the hammering of her heart. The sound was deafening in her ears. Lex remained still behind her and, other than his breathing, he wasn’t making a sound. Chloe would get her answer, though.

Chloe turned in Lex’s arms until she was facing him. When she raised her head in order to meet his eyes, she noticed how close they were. If she moved any closer, her nose would brush up against his. Chloe had thought that her heart couldn’t beat any faster or louder, but when her eyes locked with Lex’s, she realized that she had been wrong.

What she saw scared, excited and confused her at the same time. Chloe felt as if Lex was looking right through her. That he could see and hear her thoughts. Lex was totally focused on her, she had never felt anything like this before. Chloe licked her lips and noticed Lex’s eyes flicker down to follow the movement of her tongue. They quickly rose back up to meet her eyes again.

“What keeps you here, Lex?” Chloe whispered.

Lex cupped her cheek with his left hand and Chloe instinctively closed her eyes and leaned into his palm, craving more contact. Lex didn’t disappoint her as he ran his thumb gently over her soft skin. Chloe felt her breathing increase, which caused her chest to brush up against Lex. She heard his sharp intake of breath and her eyes snapped open.

Chloe was finally able to place the emotions in his eyes and she felt her tears return. “Lex, please, tell me. What keeps you here?”

“You,” Lex said, his voice rough with emotion. His eyes broke contact with hers and he stared at her shoulder. Lex knew that he had to give her more, she deserved it. He took a deep breath and pushed on; he had never been good at the whole baring your soul to another person thing. Lex looked back into Chloe’s eyes.

“At first, I tried my damnest to ignore it. Your father works for me, you’re too young, Clark and Pete would take turns killing me. I ran through the list in my head what seemed like hundreds of times. And I had convinced myself that whatever it was that I was feeling wasn’t real. That it couldn’t be. But then, you’d come over and you’d throw some obscure quote my way or you wouldn’t back down from an argument. Or,” Lex trailed off, and his eyes softened, “or, you’d touch me, and I’d be lost all over again.”

Lex watched as Chloe blinked and the tears that had been threatening to fall streaked down her cheeks. Without thinking, he wiped them away. “I’m disappointed. I thought it was a fairly well thought out and delivered speech,” Lex said, trying to cover his hurt with sarcasm.

“Don’t Lex,” Chloe said. He misunderstood her and quickly took his hands away from Chloe’s face and tried to remove his arms from her body. Lex was so busy trying to get out of what he thought was an embarrassing situation quickly that he failed to notice the emotions on Chloe’s face.

Chloe was in a panic. Lex had totally misunderstood her. She hadn’t wanted Lex to make light of what he had revealed to her. She didn’t want him hiding behind his wit; it cheapened what he had told her. She knew that it was a defense mechanism and she was tired of it.

As Lex pulled away, Chloe wrapped her arms around him and pulled him back to her body. He looked down at her, clearly confused at her action. Chloe opened her mouth, then closed it again. ‘Great time for all of those big words you know to leave your brain,’ she thought.

Chloe bowed her head, deep in thought, searching for the right words, slightly pissed that Lex had been so eloquent. It was a hard act to follow. “Actions speak louder than words,” Chloe whispered, not realizing that she had spoken aloud.

Lex had leaned closer when he saw her lips moving, but he couldn’t make out the exact words she had spoken. Chloe’s head rose and she met Lex’s eyes. He saw a look he was familiar with, determination. Lex’s brows knit together in confusion. Before he could speak, Chloe closed the distance between them.

Chloe brushed a soft kiss against Lex’s lips. When he didn’t pull away she repeated the action, letting her lips linger a little longer. Chloe felt Lex’s hands return to her waist and she smiled briefly against his mouth before kissing him for a third time.

When Chloe pulled back and looked at Lex, he was staring at her with his mouth open. Lex quickly recovered, though, and a huge grin spread across his face. “So, the speech worked, did it?” he asked, unable to keep some of his usual arrogance out of his voice.

Chloe laughed and shook her head. “It wasn’t the speech,” she said. Off of Lex’s unbelieving look Chloe continued, “Well, it wasn’t *just* the speech.”

“Ok, in addition to my brilliance of a few moments ago, what else brought on that sudden display of affection,” Lex asked. While his voice had a joking tone, Chloe could tell that he needed an answer from her. Sometimes, she really couldn’t believe how insecure the man was. Chloe found it endearing, not that she would ever tell Lex that.

“You’ve always treated me as your equal,” Chloe started. “Even when we first met, you never patronized me and you were willing to go along with my theories. You challenge me and don’t treat me as if I’m some fragile little girl. But, then...” she trailed off.

Lex looked at her, expectantly, and Chloe knew that she wasn’t going to be able to get out of this without telling him everything. Lex demanded as much, he never let Chloe hold back.

“You also take care of me,” she whispered. “When I’m sick or upset, you always seem to know what I need, without me having to tell you. When I’m being stubborn, refusing to do what’s best for me, you always step up and call me on it. You’re the only one that’s ever done that for me, Lex. And, it makes me feel…safe. I know I’m safe with you,” Chloe finished, now staring at his chest.

Lex tipped Chloe’s chin up and made her meet his eyes. He was searching Chloe’s face for any sign of uncertainty. He had to be sure before he jumped into this. Lex knew what they were both risking by voicing what they were feeling, but he needed to know that Chloe willing to risk this as much as he.

“It won’t be easy,” Chloe said, displaying that uncanny ability of hers to read his mind. “But, I’ve never let what people think stop me before and I’m not about to start now. Not when I know that I’m right. That,” she said hesitantly as she placed her hand over Lex’s heart, “we’re right.”

Lex took Chloe’s hand and kissed her fingertips. He smirked down at her. “Yes, we do seem to carry the burden of always being right, don’t we?”

Chloe felt herself beginning to grin. “Now, is that we as in you and I or is that the royal we? Cause, Lex, I swear, if you start referring to yourself in the third person, I’m out of here.”

“Point taken,” Lex said, his eyes slipping shut, briefly.

Chloe gently pressed on his chest until he was lying on his back. “Better?” Chloe asked. She felt Lex’s arms pull her to his chest.

“Much,” he whispered as his hand gently stroked her hair. They both sighed, contentedly.

Chloe shifted, trying to get comfortable. Lex took control of the situation and pulled her closer to his body. His right arm snaked around her waist and came to rest on the small of her back, tracing circles on the skin that was exposed where her tank top rode up. Chloe laid her right arm over his chest and rested her hand on his collarbone, running her finger over it lightly.

Lex placed a kiss on the top of Chloe’s head and smiled into her hair when he heard her humming contentedly. He liked the feel of the sound vibrating through his body so he repeated the action. Chloe gently kissed the area above his heart and snuggled closer to Lex. Finally feeling at peace, Chloe drifted off to sleep.

Lex felt Chloe’s breathing even out as sleep overtook the tiny body that contained so much strength and fire. Lex put both his arms around her and his chin atop her head. “Love you, Chloe,” he whispered.

As Lex’s eyes closed he felt Chloe stir slightly and heard her whisper back, “Love you too, Lex.”

It didn&#39;t take them long to fall asleep after that; mere minutes later, the only sound in the room was their even breathing as they slept peaceful and content just to hold each other.

The End

arianaisis
15th May 2003, 00:31
OH. pretty. *sniffles and blows her nose* That is so sweet&#33; :wub:

Not An Addict
15th May 2003, 00:51
Oh, man. I don&#39;t know if it&#39;s because of the story or partially because of the fact that I&#39;m REEEEEEALLY medicated right now, but that ending made me swoon&#33; :wub: And now you can hook us up with some smut. :biggrin: The sick smut monkey demands it&#33;

Carina
15th May 2003, 01:20
Aww, that was just the perfect end to a wonderfully sweet fic. So romantic and -- as always -- very well written. Looking forward to the smut version :biggrin: and your next story.

dsapiro
15th May 2003, 01:30
That was a great chapter, and now for some smut :yay:

tiff
15th May 2003, 01:39
That was so sweet. And...I&#39;m disturbingly calm now after reading that. Then again...bring on the smut&#33; :chlexsign1:

scifichick774
15th May 2003, 01:59
Aww...*sniff*

That was just beautiful. I&#39;m not saying that I wouldn&#39;t have *liked* some smut, but it was terrific just the same. Really well done&#33;

Narcolepsy_Status
15th May 2003, 03:12
Hey, recovering lurker here... :)

Aww&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s so sweet&#33; And the speech was very nice too lol. I can&#39;t believe yoy ended it&#33; :( This was a great story to read- hope to read more from you&#33; :D

NS

Gemini
15th May 2003, 03:30
:biggrin: I&#39;m going to join in the chorus of &#39;Awwwws&#39; That was so sweet, I luved it

sydsvaughn
15th May 2003, 05:14
**sniff** Very beautifully done, gave me the warm fuzzies. Now I herald the cry ... bring on the smut&#33;

Sara

Queen Of Tact
15th May 2003, 05:18
Awww that was so sweet :wub: ... Chloe and Lex in bed together, and only in their underwear. Pooring their hearts out to one another...... Now the only thing missing is the Hot passionate bind blowing out of this world orgasmic sex ..... If you couldn&#39;t tell bring on the Chlexy goodness.....

CC

Calliope
15th May 2003, 05:40
I&#39;ll echo my fellow Chlexers here with: Awww. Such a sweet story. So cute, snuggled together, asleep. :blinkkiss:

Blaire023
15th May 2003, 05:41
I....you...it....they....guh&#33;

My god&#33; Thank you&#33; I have had the worst possible evening and then I come home to this...it was beautiful, touching, and so so &#39;awwwwww&#39;.

B

drina
15th May 2003, 06:47
That was just so sweet.... :wub:

star del mar
15th May 2003, 08:04
i&#39;m a sucker for a sweet story :blush: I liked it a lot, just sooo cute

alexajones22
15th May 2003, 12:56
Usually I&#39;m just a smut whore, but this has got me really anxious for more. I can&#39;t wait to see what happens next&#33;

DawnieAngel
15th May 2003, 13:44
:crygreen: that was soooo sweet, and yes i am crying :P so sue me&#33;

awww honey was amazing, well of course it was by you right&#33; oooh I&#39;m to emotional to review&#33; Just that it was great.

crazygirl
15th May 2003, 14:46
That was just sweet and cute and a lot of other things I can&#39;t think of right know. Great job. :worship2:

hfce
16th May 2003, 07:50
That was so sweet I loved it. :blinkkiss:

Hope :wub:

gravelgerdie
19th May 2003, 07:35
this was great.....sweet :wub:

Suzanne

Ranting Idiot
5th June 2003, 03:49
That was an incredibly wonderful story, good job&#33;

-Rant

hler
6th June 2003, 01:12
Awww, that was really good. I loved it&#33; *sigh* I only wish I had my own Lexyrefuge, life would soo nice.... :wub:
~Heida~

SIGNATURE REMOVED

Tandy
10th June 2003, 23:41
:wub: Oh, it was so adorable&#33; Oh so sweet&#33; You did a great job&#33; Wonderful&#33;

Tandy

Sab_Luthor
11th June 2003, 18:08
:biggrin:

hooo that&#39;s too great. they&#39;re so cute together. :wub:
another like that please please. i&#39;m in heaven after that
:chlexsign4: <span style='color:red'>without anoter word. THANKS A LOT</span>

shipperchick
17th June 2003, 05:41
. He took off his tie and undid the top two buttons of his shirt before practically collapsing onto the chair. A contented groan escaped his throat.

Chloe watched mesmerized by the site of Lex actually relaxing in front of her. He stretched his legs out and arched his back, slightly.

I :heart: this imagery... in fact, the entire chapter was just... wonderfully written&#33; I *loved* Lex&#39;s interaction with Chloe in the bedroom, how they&#39;re so easy and familiar with each other that he *can* be short and impatient with her, that he shows her his &#39;human&#39; side... since the Lex we see is usually so controlled and elegant, it was great to see him relax in front of Chloe.

... and that whole bit with his hand on Chloe&#39;s back? ::shiver:: Great&#33; Can&#39;t wait to read more&#33; :love:

shipperchick
17th June 2003, 05:49
Lex, please, tell me. What keeps you here?”

“You,” Lex said, his voice rough with emotion.

::waves hands in front of face in time-honored, Miss-Congeniality-esque, girlie fashion::

Oy, I&#39;m all fehklempt.

That was incredible. Incredible. ::sniffle:: :worship2:

shipperchick
17th June 2003, 05:50
::clicks busily through rest of topic::

Wait...

::clicks more frantically::

There&#39;s no more?

WAH&#33; :crygreen:

Please, please, post more soon&#33;

kidkarmina
12th July 2003, 16:52
This was indeed very touching :blinkkiss: &#33; I wish I had someone like Lex for refuge :wub: (****sigh****).

Luv it. Absolute wonderful :worship2: :chlexsign1: &#33;&#33;

:chlexsign3: definitely.

Sab_Luthor
6th October 2003, 11:01
i read your story (again)
and wow its very a good job man
its so sweet i adore it

buffiy18
13th October 2003, 21:44
:wub: :wub: What a wonderfully sweet story. :wub: :wub: You did an excellent job with the characters... there was the right amount of banter and insecurity to make them very believable. :chlexsign3:

shipperchick
16th October 2003, 01:01
Where&#39;s my smut? :yay2: The blobby demands smut&#33;
Seriously, *loved* this last part... lovely, heartwarming, the Chlex in this story is well-developed, well-reasoned, and tugs at the heartstrings. Kudos on a great story&#33;

Sab_Luthor
16th October 2003, 09:50
can i have another one like that
i loved this fic a lot
i want another one please
pretty please

gina
11th April 2004, 07:14
:wub:
*sigh* This was such a beautiful fic&#33; The characterizations were great, I especially loved how you showed Lex&#39;s vulnerability when he told Chloe his feelings. And the ending with their declarations of love was so sweet.

I enjoyed this lots&#33; Fantastic job&#33;

hippiez
12th May 2004, 19:19
This is such a really sweet story&#33;

autumngold
13th May 2004, 07:52
Thank you for this beautiful story&#33;&#33; I so enjoyed every part of it&#33;&#33; From Lex&#39;s bodyguards reactions to Chloe, Lex and Chloe both worried about each other, their dialogue, and at the end cuddling&#33;&#33; How perfect&#33;&#33; :clap: :yay2: :chlexsign4: :worship2:

sara_noele
18th July 2004, 22:51
Girl, this was so...sweet and tender and lovely. I loved it. :wub:
So beautiful this little masterpiece&#33;

Seeing Chloe and Lex in this romantic and vunerable way, well that got me.

Thanks for that story. :clap:

Ainur
12th November 2004, 06:41
I hate when good stories end. They were sweet and liked how deep their friendship was. Great job&#33; :wub:

Kandya
4th December 2004, 09:01
I liked it minus 1 sentences. The part were he said "you" I don&#39;t think you should have put that sentence afterwards. I think that the word should stand alone, but other than that... it was great. I don&#39;t want to read the smut, because I wanted to read a "romance" story, not an "NC-17" story. but I&#39;m going to. :chlexsign2:

Kandya
4th December 2004, 09:03
:chlexsign3: obviously I&#39;m not going to because you didn&#39;t write anything...now I feel stupid. :huh:

becky
11th December 2004, 03:55
aww, that was pure cuteness. Your characterisation is just so amazingly accurate... excellent job

~Becky~

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:43
great story just like every other you have written.

suspension of disbelief
15th April 2005, 11:02
chlex at it's finest......

chril1
15th April 2005, 18:58
i love this story

love lea
xxx

Possibilities Unknown
2nd June 2005, 21:24
Great story! It was soo sweet!

arkakitty
8th June 2005, 08:24
Awwwwww that was sooooo cute. I want that too :)

ggdoll18
29th June 2005, 04:50
very sweet story!

darkangel
2nd July 2005, 08:02
A very sweet story.

aussiechick
24th September 2005, 02:07
I love this story!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!!

kimmie
24th September 2005, 15:12
That was such a sweet lovely fic!!!

Kimmie

txalb
12th December 2005, 00:04
Awww. Short and sweet. I loved it (especially the cuddly bodyguards).

Thanks for writing.

txalb

Goldielocks
25th December 2005, 02:33
omg i love it...plzzzzzzzzzzz write a sequel

Thaís
8th January 2006, 07:23
Awwww...
So sweet... And real to, since they understand that it will not be easy, but they love each other enough to fight for it...
And the wonderful way it was written too, just makes you want to read all other wonderful stories from this very good author.
Congratulations on a job very well done!!!!

Vampbabe20
5th May 2006, 15:37
I absolutely loved this story and the interaction between Chloe and Lex.

zho9
10th May 2006, 21:14
:wub:

Shane77
13th May 2006, 22:21
Amazing fic!
I think it's one of my favourite!
Just pure Chlex!
Thanks for writing such a beautiful fic!
see you

~*~Tasha~*~
13th June 2006, 04:10
Very romantic piece, and it still kept with the way that Chloe and Lex are as characters. Bravo!

Esther25jm
3rd July 2006, 00:02
Oh, this was wonderful!! I love how you kept them in character, yet still had that whole tender side to them. Loved it!!!

lazybugin
4th July 2006, 06:12
I loved it! Made me smile when i read the ending. I look forward to reading more from you! Good luck with future stories!

angie284
12th July 2006, 07:10
Absolutely lovely and sweet.

westwingwolf
12th July 2006, 14:14
That was so amazingly sweet. I love how caring Lex is for Chloe. And the bodyguards were so funny.

Trisana
15th July 2006, 16:48
Thank you! A sigh of relief and joy escaped me as I finished this story! Romance, humor and banter all wrapped up in one story! Sublime work!

Hugs from Tris

lilinny
23rd October 2006, 00:59
I've read this story many times and I still love it.

Maha
7th March 2007, 22:53
That was sweet. Great job!

leiseman04
29th March 2007, 21:58
Just wanted to tell you how much I really enjoyed this short story. It really hit the spot. I've read it a couple of times since I enjoy it so much. I can totally see this happening between the two.

Keep up the great work!

missslapper
12th May 2007, 23:11
that was very good, definately a happy tearjerker.

alexiel
6th June 2007, 12:05
I love this fic, it is so sweet and solf, very lovely !

blackheart_me
26th July 2008, 00:31
This was a really cute story. Full of fluff and romance. I love how Chloe and Lex finally admitted their feelings. AWESOME!:wub:

Zannie
4th September 2008, 12:53
This is one of the older stories that I never read. I just read it for the first time the other day but didn't have time to leave feedback then. I loved it. It's so nice to read stories from the first couple of seasons. They definitely have a different feel than stories now.

I found it so refreshing to read a story where it was believable that Chloe and Lex might get together in such a sweet, uncomplicated way as they do here. It seemed so natural the way you wrote it. In recent stories, it takes serious conflict to get Chlex together convincingly because of the way the characters have been twisted on the show--but here they just sort of "melted" together. It was just lovely. I'm so glad I read it.

Tanschana
12th January 2009, 00:39
Awwwww, love the story!
And I really like the guards!

kg99
10th February 2009, 06:29
Great story.

elementia
21st May 2009, 07:53
that was really sweet!

emms14
15th September 2010, 01:02
Awwwww, what an adorable happy story. The downside to many chlex stories is that you have to read through tons of fights and problems and all around scenarios which make us readers depressed before the chlex part of the story even arrives. Obviously, this was very different. Short and sweet. Awesome job! :)

-emms14

Rachet
15th September 2010, 03:36
Just reread this and realized it was one of the stories that I was a lurker on. My deepest apologizes. This is such a sweet and lovely story it disserves all the feedback that it can get. Thank you Blue.

JosiCuervo
20th September 2010, 23:41
I really miss the early seasons of SV, and sweet fics like this only make me miss it even more. I also miss bluemoon. I very rarely read fics outside of NC-17, but since I've always enjoyed your NC-17 fics, I figured this would be no different. I was right, and I'm glad I took the time to read it -- current state of melancholy, notwithstanding.

How about a sequel? :grin3:

Ami Rose
31st August 2012, 03:08
Loved it

jstarr713
20th September 2012, 02:22
That was a cute short fic

ladyfayerie
9th October 2012, 18:58
Sweet! Lex's answer to Chloe's question warmed my heart. Love it :)

sullivangirl
18th April 2016, 09:53
this is so sweet..

sarena
4th July 2016, 09:13
So sweet

dungdn93
27th July 2016, 10:26
It says so much about their relationship