PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Fic - Daddy's Home (PG-13/T - R/M) - Complete

PMD
19th June 2005, 16:36
This was supposed to be a Mother's Day fic but my muse had other ideas and voila---a Father's Day fic for a character who deserved a far better father than he got. Hope you guys like it. And yes, Lizzy from Tough Questions is back. Enjoy.

Title: Father's Day Fic - "Daddy's Home"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13 /T- R/M (for language and situations)

Category: Married Chlex, Father's Day Fic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: Lizzy asks for the story again. Read on and you'll learn what it's about.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville and its characters, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, SPP, WBFFZ, and Malus site, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: Once more Lizzy, from Tough Questions, asks something. I had fun with this piece---I think Lizzy has become my favorite imaginary child that I've ever made. So, this is a Father's day fic is for all the fathers out there. Enjoy.

Father's Day Fic - "Daddy's Home" - by PMD

Prologue: It's the night before Father's Day and Lex isn't going to be here---for Father's Day.

~

The Study

"Mommy?"

I look up from the computer. "Yes, Honey?"

"Why isn't Daddy going to be back in time for Father's Day tomorrow?"

"Because he's run into problems with Uncle Clark."

"What problems?"

"He's got to get him out of jail and the judge isn't being a good man about it."

"But Uncle Clark is a good person."

I get up and walk over to my daughter, sitting beside her on the couch.

"We know that, sweetie. But not all see him as that."

"Why?"

"Because they're idiots."

"Mommy!"

"Okay, there are some bad people out there that want to stop good from winning. And the judge is one of them."

"Oh---if I ever meet him, can I kick him in the shins, like you did Daddy's father?"

I smile, remembering that time I kicked him in the shins.

"Mommy, why are you smiling? Don't you miss Daddy? Don't you wish he was going to be here for Father's Day?"

I take Lizzy's hand. "Sweetie, I miss your father so much and yes, I will miss him on his special day. Hey, maybe a miracle will happen."

"Like him breaking Uncle Clark out of jail?"

"Honey, those days are gone. Your father is an upstanding citizen."

She giggles at that. "Not always---I've heard stories from Uncle Pete. In fact---"

"---in fact, I'm going to have to have a talk with Uncle Pete."

"Oh, oh, somebody's in trouble," she quips.

I smile at her. "No, not really."

"Mommy?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Tell me the story again."

"What story?"

"The one about you and Daddy getting together---the night he asked you to marry him. I like hearing that one. It makes me miss him less."

I feel a tear in my eyes.

"I love hearing it too, Pumpkin---even if she does use a swear word or two when she tells it."

I let out a gasp and our daughter jumps up and runs into Lex's arms.

"Daddy's home. Did you break Uncle Clark out of jail?"

He laughs at that, picking her up and giving her a kiss on her cheek. "No---we found the person who leaked the story and Uncle Clark was let go. He's back in the loving arms of Lana, as I speak or he would have come over to say hi."

I get up and walk over to him. He places Lizzy down and pulls me into his arms.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, Lex."

We back away and he leans down, kissing me deeply on my lips.

No matter how many times he does this, it just keeps getting better and better. And instead of an ewwww from our daughter this time, I think I hear a sigh.

We back away to see a smile on her face.

"Story time now?" she asks.

"What? No alone time for me and your mother?" he asks.

"You can do that anytime---I want to hear the story."

"Fine---story time it is," he states, taking my hand and hers.

We walk over to the couch and both of us snuggle against him.

"Okay, who tells this---you or me?" I ask him.

"Your turn," he states.

"Okay, here goes."

~

Past Perfect Proposal

I was told to come to the mansion---by the monster himself. I knew Lex was out of town---would be back later on.

I walked into the main study and let out a sigh. "Okay, what do you want, Lionel?"

He turns around in the desk chair and smirks at me. "Really my dear. So familiar."

I walk over to the desk. "Oh you want familiar? I'll give you familiar, you Asshole!"

He gets up and walks over to my side of the desk. "Watch your language!"

"Oh my---your a prude---who knew?" I ask, smirking at him.

He's beside me now, his hand darting out and slapping me. I'm shocked for the moment, until I finally do it---I kick his shin real hard.

He grimaces at it, looking up at me, while he rubs it. "You'll pay for that!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm really scared, Old Man."

He straightens up, about to hit me again, when we hear a gun cock. We both turn to see Lex there, with a shotgun in his hands.

"Leave or I'll use this---I swear I will!"

"Lex---I'm your---"

"---friendly neighborhood sperm donor. Leave---while you can!"

"Don't threaten me, Alexander!"

"Who's threatening---I'm promising retribution if you ever touch Chloe again."

He's beyond anger---he's livid. I look at Lionel, who looks scared now.

"He must be having a relapse in regards---"

"Do not go there, Lionel!" I state.

"But he's had relapses of being out of his mind before."

"Oh, he's sane. Now you better go or else."

He glares at me and then at Lex.

"This is far from over, Alexander."

He then moves towards the back door and is gone in a flash.

I let out a sigh, having dodged a bullet once more, in regards to Lionel.

Lex puts the gun down and walks over to me.

"Are you okay?" we ask each other.

"I think so," is both our answers.

We stare at each other and then he pulls me into his arms. I cling to him, refusing to cry.

"Lex?"

He backs away. "Yes?"

"You weren't really going to shoot him?"

"Hell yes!"

"Please don't."

"What? He---"

"He was going to hit me but what you would have done would have hurt more, because I led you to it. I want to save you, not visit you behind bars."

"Oh---well, there is always justifiable homicide. Or I lost my mind."

I smile at that. "Right and he did suggest number two. But seriously, please don't shoot him unless he has a gun trained on somebody you love."

"I promise," he states, pulling me back into his embrace.

There's silence for a few minutes until:

"Chloe---I want you to promise me something."

I back away. "What?"

"Promise you'll try to never be alone with him again."

"Lex, I can---" He puts his finger on my lips.

"Promise!"

I nod my head and he pulls it back. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

We both smile at each other and then he whispers:

"I've got something else to ask of you?"

"Geez, Luthor---pushing your luck---even for a boyfriend."

"Come with me."

"Oh boy---I get to find out where the bodies are buried now?"

He just gives me a smirk and leads me out into the corridor and down it. Then upstairs and towards a room at the end. He opens it and turns on the light. It's a nursery. I turn to look at him.

"Lex, we use protection---why---?"

"This was Julian's room."

"What? I thought you lived in Metro when he was alive."

"Okay, more specifically---this was the furniture in Julian's room. My father locked it away when we moved here. Mom just couldn't bring herself to get rid of it."

I give him a sympathetic smile and then walk around, looking at the pieces. I touch the crib and then look back at Lex.

"Why are we here?"

He walks over, taking something out of his pocket and kneels on one knee.

"I feel his presence here, Chlo. And I know he would want to be here, in spirit, to watch me do this now. Chloe, will you be my wife?"

I look down at the man who has humbled his father and heads of state. Who would kill to protect all from harm. And I know why I've loved him from the start. He doesn't care what happens to himself and he still feels his brother, in this room---everywhere he goes.

"Yes. Yes, I'll marry you."

~

Back to the Present

I hear a yawn and look over at our daughter. "Keeping you up, are we?"

She smiles at me and looks at Lex. "I'm tired."

"We noticed," Lex states. "To bed, young lady."

"No---I want to stay up a bit longer. I missed you, Daddy."

She yawns again and snuggles closer to him, falling asleep shortly afterwards.

"I'll just go take the little one up and be back," he states, leaning down to kiss me softly.

"I'll be waiting," I state, watching him get up and leave the room.

~

Half An Hour Later

I'm staring into the fire when I feel him behind me, making me feel warmer than any blaze possible.

I turn around and look into his azure eyes, full of lust and love. Without a word said, he pulls me into his embrace and I let out a sigh.

I miss him when he's gone---afraid he might never come back---not because he doesn't love us---because he might take one chance too many. Like the time he found out about Clark and his secret.

Lex had gone into the Savings and Loans for his business and there was a hold up. Clark and I were there too---by then, I knew his secret. I had promised not to tell a soul---not even Lex, who had become a close friend by then. It was his place to do it, not mine.

The gunman came towards us, telling me I was to come with him as a hostage. Lex came forward, standing between me and the gun, demanding he go instead. The man said that unless he backed away, he would shoot him.

Clark and I watched in horror, as the gun was cocked and the bullet flew out. I pushed at Lex and it saved his life---the bullet entering his arm rather than some vital organ.

The other's were cowering so they didn't see what Clark did next to take out the guy---but Lex did. However, he was in so much pain, he didn't even acknowledge it verbally but I saw it in his eyes.

Later, in his hospital room, Clark told him who he was and begged his forgiveness for waiting so long. Lex understood completely, considering who his father was and what he, himself, was like back then. Then he asked to see me alone for a few minutes. Then:

'You knew.'

'Yes. Are you mad?'

'No---it shows you can be trusted with secrets.'

'Gee, thanks, Luthor.'

'Now, I have a secret for you to keep for a while. Except Clark---he's guessed it already.'

'What?'

'I'm in love with you, Chloe.'

I remember smiling at him and leaning closer.

'I knew that. And if you can keep a secret---except Clark---he's already guessed it too---I love you too, Lex.'

"Chloe?" breathed out by my husband breaks me out of my thoughts and I smile.

"I love the way you say my name," I whisper to him.

He backs away and looks at me. "How do I say your name?"

"Like it's the only name you ever need to say, except for our daughters. Like it's said with something deeper than the love we feel for each other. Like I've heard it before, in another lifetime and will forever. Like---"

I don't say another word because he shows me how much he cares and cherishes by kissing me deeply and I join him in this glorification of our love for each other.

He backs away and wordlessly leads me to the door and down the corridor. He smiles as we walk up the stairs and I return it.

We're at the top and walking down the hallway to our bedroom when we hear it---both of us. A whimper only a parent can seek out with their ears.

We walk to her door and he opens it. She's tossing and turning---calling out for him.

He walks over, me close at hand, and leans down, whispering to her:

"Daddy's home, Honey. Daddy's home."

This quiets her down and she sighs, knowing he's close by. He leans down and kisses her softly on the cheek. I do the same after and then we walk out.

"Daddy's home and he's not going anywhere, without his girls, again," he states, closing the door and leading me to our bedroom.

I know it's not a lie and yet not the truth---sometimes he has to leave us behind. But I know that Clark, I, and all his friends will try to make sure he does come home in one piece when away---and be able to say, Daddy's home, once more, to our daughter, Lizzy---be it Father's Day or not.

The End.

hfce
19th June 2005, 17:12
Aww that was so sweet. :wub:

Hope :)

PMD
19th June 2005, 17:20
Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed it, Hope. :)

Oh god, did I do it again. I put it in the wrong place---or did somebody place it here for me. If it's in the wrong place, mod's, you have my permission to post it in Short Stories, which is where I thought I put it. Darn it---shouldn't post stories when I'm exhausted, I guess. :( Me bad. :( I apologize---and if somebody could tell me how to delete it from here, I would be forever grateful. :)

tigerbaby
19th June 2005, 17:34
Hey Hope:

Glad you enjoyed it, Hope. :)

Oh god, did I do it again. I put it in the wrong place---or did somebody place it here for me. If it's in the wrong place, mod's, you have my permission to post it in Short Stories, which is where I thought I put it. Darn it---shouldn't post stories when I'm exhausted, I guess. :( Me bad. :( I apologize---and if somebody could tell me how to delete it from here, I would be forever grateful. :)

It was originally in Short Stories. I moved it to Holidays as it is an internationally celebrated day, like Mother's Day.

As to your second question, if you post something in error, there is a toolbar at the top of the post that says: Thread Tools. If you click on that, you should see a bunch of options, one being "Delete Thread", which I believe all users have for their own posts, and there you have it.

bluengreenswmer
19th June 2005, 20:02
That was absolutely adorable!

Krysia
19th June 2005, 22:08
"Chloe?" breathed out by my husband breaks me out of my thoughts and I smile.

"I love the way you say my name," I whisper to him.

He backs away and looks at me. "How do I say your name?"

"Like it's the only name you ever need to say, except for our daughters. Like it's said with something deeper than the love we feel for each other. Like I've heard it before, in another lifetime and will forever. Like---"

The End.

I loved this part , just because it so sweet on one hand but on the other I can totally see Lex saying this to Chloe. The ending was sweet as well. :wub:

PMD
19th June 2005, 23:11
Hey Guys:

Tigerbaby: Oh man, I thought I had posted it short stories and when I saw it in holidays I thought, am I going crazy or what---not an unheard question, since I'm dealing with some stuff in another fandom---this is the sane fandom right now. :)Thanks for doing that, sweetie. I didn't think Father's day was an official holiday---thanks for correcting me, sweetie. :) And for telling me how to fix things in the future---I know about editing the piece, not about deleting it---which technically is a big, permenant edit.

BlueGreenswmer: Awwww---glad you enjoyed it, sweetie. :)

Krysia:Awwww---yeah, I can see him saying that too and wished you guys could have seen it on the show. :( But we'll always have fanfic. :) Glad you enjoyed it, honey. :)

teejei
20th June 2005, 00:20
the one thing that stood out to me in this fic is...

Lizzie's in it! Woohoo! :clapclap:

and with that i'm off to call my dad. mustn't forget the other one responsible for putting me on this planet, for without him, i wouldn't be enjoying Chlex right now. :D

starmoon
20th June 2005, 03:06
i love this story it is so sweet and cute. chloe and lex having a child is wonderful and perfect. they make great parents.

PMD
20th June 2005, 15:47
Hey Guys:

Teejei: I knew you would love having Lizzy there---that turned the tide for the child within for me. :) Now, if you have any other ideas for the little imp (thank God she's on the side of good <g>), send them my way. :) Hope you and your father had a great conversation, sweetie. :) And glad you enjoyed the piece, Teejei. :)

Starmoon:

I love stories with kids for them. I just think Lex and Chloe would be great parents, despite the tribulations in their childhood; a really bad father for Lex and Chloe's mother leaving her. They just seem to be a pairing that leads to having children for me---for they have so much love to share with them. :) Hmmmm----I think I might have my next idea formulating in my mind. Glad you enjoyed it, Star. :)

Nicki
21st June 2005, 05:25
that was so sweet it wuld be nice to have Lex's side to the story as well please

BellaMR
21st June 2005, 06:12
This story was so sweet I loved it. Clark being in prison was hysterical.

PMD
21st June 2005, 08:24
Hey Guys:

Nicky: Awww---glad you liked it, sweetie. :) Not sure if I could do Lex's side of the story, unless you have any ideas. :( But on the upside, my friend, Jay, challenged me with a slightly humorous piece last night in SV---last week it was VM---this week smallville---so more stuff to come, if not that one. :)

Bella: Glad you enjoyed it, hon. :) Yeah, Clark being in prison---well, as Superman he could have gotten out but darn it---have to keep the secret safe. So, Lex to the rescue---which is why it's sad he'll turn bad, eventually on the show. Can you imagine how great it would be to have a good Lex who can help you get out of scrapes with his money---evil would definitely lose a lot. :)

meg20
21st June 2005, 14:34
Chlex with kids are so much fun and sweet. Your stories are the greatest!!!

PMD
22nd June 2005, 16:55
Hey Meg:

Awwww---thanks, hon. :) I'm glad you enjoy my stories and yep, Chlex with kids are so much fun and sweet. :)

Baily007
24th June 2005, 14:46
This has been so sweet! I love the whole Chlex - baby thing ;o)

lilinny
24th June 2005, 15:03
I'm reading this a little late but still it is a sweet story. Great job!

PMD
25th June 2005, 08:22
Hey Guys:

Baily: I'm so glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) And I so love the baby thing with Chlex too. :) Some ships on other series say no---but definitely this one says yes, yes, yes!

Lilinny: Aww---happy you enjoyed the piece, hon. :)

darkangel
17th July 2005, 07:09
This was a very sweet family fic. I really liked it.

summer_enchanted
23rd July 2005, 21:04
:clapclap:Aw such a great story. I love the ones where they have kids, it's so sweet..:love2:

Thaís
1st September 2005, 23:23
Ohhhhh......
My God, that was so wonderfull, so cute...
And the end, the way it was written, just ... wonderfull...

PMD
12th October 2005, 08:57
Hey Guys:

Awww---I'm so glad you liked this piece---it means the world to me. And maybe someday, you know who will show up again---but till then, she's tucked in bed, safe from Lionel for sure. :)

teb85
19th December 2005, 00:15
I totally loved it a really great peice !!!

PMD
19th December 2005, 00:21
Hey teb:

Glad you loved it, sweetie. :)

pipersmum
19th December 2005, 04:08
That was a joy to read really lovely:D
This made me laugh.

"Okay, there are some bad people out there that want to stop good from winning. And the judge is one of them."

"Oh---if I ever meet him, can I kick him in the shins, like you did Daddy's father?"

I smile, remembering that time I kicked him in the shins.

I love Chloe and Lex as parents and when he proposed it was lovely:wub:

"Daddy's home and he's not going anywhere, without his girls, again," he states, closing the door and leading me to our bedroom.

That sentence made my heart melt. Thankyou for a lovely story.

PMD
19th December 2005, 06:16
Hey Pipersmum:

Glad you enjoyed the piece, sweetie. :) Now to the quotes within:

1. Awwww---I absolutely adore fics where they're parents and I love writing them too. :) Glad you enjoyed that and the proposal, hon. :)

2. Awwww---glad you enjoyed that line, sweetie. :) For me, that says it all---that Lex deserves a family that he'll never get on the show. Aw well, there's always fanfic. :)

Skye
2nd January 2006, 04:09
Loved the proposal! Heck, I love this story!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

PMD
2nd January 2006, 05:34
Hey Skye:

Awwww---glad you loved the proposal and the story, sweetie. :) And you know my muse, she loves to share, share, share. <g> Now if I can get her pinned down and writing a very special piece for all you guys. :) Heehee---how do you shut up Lana? <bg>

~*~Tasha~*~
15th June 2006, 07:10
Gut wrencher with the emotions. Very good. Not angsty emotions, but just so wow ... and dang ... Nice one. This really touches the heart of a father. I loved the flashbacks. Chloe kicking Lionel in the shins was perfect. Dang it, but you've given me an idea snippet for a story. Curse you, my evil human muse named Peggy.

Ami Rose
8th September 2006, 07:11
Awww... How cute! Loved it!

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 14:37
I am repeating myself again today but I really loved this story it was also very romantic...

just the character of Lionel was a bit...off, guess I am not used to evil Lionel anymore *g*