PDA

View Full Version : Nightly Ritual (Rated G)

meeaz
19th June 2005, 05:33
I changed it from the original since I couldn’t delete it, so all feedback seems irrelevant now, but thank you for it anyways.

It had become their nightly ritual from the minute she arrived in his arms. He would watch her, carefully stroking her beautiful face and then she’d turn those hazel eyes on him, begging silently for his attention.

He supposed it started out as a way of comfort-her seeking reassurance and him, trying to hold on to something, anything. Life had been cruel to these two, for they had seen so much turmoil and angst. He would reach out to her to keep a semblance of sanity and she, well, she just needed someone there for her.

The first nights turned into week, weeks turned into months and months turned into four years. And still, he was performing this nightly ritual.

At exactly eight each night, she would crawl into bed and turn those eyes on him, knowing and manipulating. He would never be able to say no. Lying on the bed, beside her, he would begin his tale. A tale of love and passion and sorrow and heartbreak; it was the tale of her mother.

Four years ago, the last time his beautiful wife took a breath, Lex was handed a tiny and squalling girl, of whom he had no knowledge to take care. Chloe always told him parenting would be instinct to set aside his fears, but she wasn’t here now.

Nonetheless, he listened to her words and as instinct guided him, he began talking to his beautiful daughter. Soon, words of doubt turned into stories of her mother and her life with him.

And it was because of her mother that Lex was able to be the father Lionel never was, for he and his little Michelle had a nightly ritual that nothing could tear apart.

Reese
19th June 2005, 05:56
Son of a...how did I not see that coming?

Good stuff. I love when an author can do so much with just a moment, turn it into so much more and reveal so much more about the characters involved.

Reese

bluengreenswmer
19th June 2005, 06:28
Now, you know me, I love the baby Luthors, and have become a self-proclaimed expert, but man, that just caught me blindsighted!

You know you're good when you catch the queen of little Luthor heirs off-guard.

(BTW, was that a promise for a new chappie of Daily Planet Musing? *does her happy dance* YAY!)

hfce
19th June 2005, 06:53
Aww that was so sweet. :wub:

Hope ;)

June
19th June 2005, 07:37
*Jaw drops to the ground*

Wow. I totally did not see that one coming-- at all. Great fic. Really wonderful. Thank you for posting it.

Samantha
19th June 2005, 07:56
As she starts to rouse, he knows to leave and let his own exhaustion be lost in the cool silk sheets of the empty bed. So, with one last look at his baby girl, he knows his deceased wife is there, for his little girl is every bit her mother.

Along with everyone else I was expecteing the twist either. This was a great story. And i really liked it.

star del mar
19th June 2005, 10:01
Yea, I'll admit I was fooled to...I had to go back and re-read so that I would get a better feel for it, lol. That was great though, very insightful and sweet. Awesome job.

Steph*

Baily007
19th June 2005, 11:51
I fell for this too!
This was some wonderfully touching short story!

Zannie
19th June 2005, 13:52
Very nice work. Well-executed twist at the end. It makes me feel all gooey toward Lex--as if I don't spend my time feeling far too gooey toward him as it is.

Thanks for posting this.

AlabamaWorley
20th June 2005, 20:08
I got it at the wispy hair, and I loved it. It's very sad, but very sweet. Nice work!

Christy January
21st June 2005, 04:29
I was a little confused by the strawberry highlights in the hair but then it was like-Duh. Great job.

Kit Merlot
21st June 2005, 18:19
This was a beautiful fic, but I'm saddened that Lex and Chloe's daughter as to grow up motherless--just like they both did.

Wonderful story!

newbatgirl
22nd June 2005, 05:47
Excuse me while I have a Keanue moment but...whoa!

That was unexpected and wonderful. What a great post-father's day fic.

Thanks for sharing this.

jaxie926
13th July 2005, 09:38
I got it at the strawberry highlights. *g* Touching story. I loved it.

starmoon
13th July 2005, 09:49
that was great but so sad. i am glad that they had a child but chloe would should be alive to see her daughter but at least she can watch her from heaven.

Ainur
17th October 2005, 02:55
Awww, that so sad and magnificent at the same time. I'm glad that that the baby still has her father. He'll take care of her. Amazing!!

meg20
18th October 2005, 12:47
Even though you write these stories that has Chloe dead you always manage to make them sweet!!!

Nonhalema
17th June 2007, 11:14
Beautiful work...

Ami Rose
18th March 2018, 12:37
Cute but sad